PDA

View Full Version : WM @ Richmond: Longest Continually Played Rivalry in the South

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 14th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Spiders are within 2 games of the all time series lead. I'd love to see Kyle Lauletta drop some bombs to cement his Walter Payton candidacy and send the Indians on to the cold winter with an 0-8 CAA record.

#ExtendJimmye

Schism55
November 14th, 2017, 07:43 PM
What has happened to W&M??

spdram
November 14th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Spiders are within 2 games of the all time series lead. I'd love to see Kyle Lauletta drop some bombs to cement his Walter Payton candidacy and send the Indians on to the cold winter with an 0-8 CAA record.

#ExtendJimmye

Kyle will be pumped for this game, especially after suffering his season ending injury there last year

KPSUL
November 14th, 2017, 08:53 PM
What has happened to W&M??

I went to the W&M game two weekends ago, and talking to several different Tribe fans, the consensus seems to be that it is time for Jimmye Laycock to retire.

ngineer
November 14th, 2017, 10:46 PM
I went to the W&M game two weekends ago, and talking to several different Tribe fans, the consensus seems to be that it is time for Jimmye Laycock to retire.
Shocking as to what has happened to The Tribe. Maybe their lobbying for returning to the Patriot League!!

Winston
November 15th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Laycock deserves to stay at W&M as long as he wants. Some say he is over the hill, but he is just hitting his stride. The team is stocked with young talent and a new OC. Laycock isn't finished rebuilding.

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2017, 06:46 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26507&stc=1AN'....DEY'RE'S...UH BUILDIN'...BEARIN'...HIS NAME.......(JIMMY'S POTTERY BARN?)...(JIM'S X-MAS SHOPPE?)......xdontknowx......AWQ!!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 15th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Laycock deserves to stay at W&M as long as he wants. Some say he is over the hill, but he is just hitting his stride. The team is stocked with young talent and a new OC. Laycock isn't finished rebuilding.

Agreed. Jimmy needs more time.

Sitting Bull
November 16th, 2017, 03:37 PM
I think you said same last year.....

Sitting Bull
November 16th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Laycocks record against the Ticks is 22-16.

Tribe leads series 62-60.

I think UR needs more time.

Good news for Spiders, Steve Cluley isn't on hand to kick your ass this year.

TribePride52
November 16th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Laycock has already confirmed his return for next year.
Jimmye Laycock, 69, intends to return as William & Mary coach next season, which would be his 39th with Tribe. Beyond that, Laycock said he has no exit strategy set at this time. He plans to consider the future during Christmas break. richmond.com/sports/college…

TribePride52
November 16th, 2017, 03:52 PM
In all fairness to Laycock, W&M is one of the youngest teams in the CAA, even the whole FCS for that matter. We only have 12 seniors who are actually graduating. Better times are ahead for this team.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 16th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Laycocks record against the Ticks is 22-16.

Tribe leads series 62-60.

I think UR needs more time.

Good news for Spiders, Steve Cluley isn't on hand to kick your ass this year.

i think you know deep down that the Lauletta ACL and the nonsense targeting ejection on our defensive TD handed you that game but please carry on with yourself, mr bull.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 16th, 2017, 06:33 PM
In all fairness to Laycock, W&M is one of the youngest teams in the CAA, even the whole FCS for that matter. We only have 12 seniors who are actually graduating. Better times are ahead for this team.

Sounds encouraging. Hah.

SpiderJPO
November 16th, 2017, 09:40 PM
All Tribe fans be sure to get one last look at the Commonwealth Cup because that piece of hardware is coming back to Richmond for an extended stay.

spdram
November 16th, 2017, 10:01 PM
The Capital Cup belongs in Richmond, not in Williamsburg which hasn't been the capital of Commonwealth in a loooooooong time

Sitting Bull
November 17th, 2017, 06:35 AM
i think you know deep down that the Lauletta ACL and the nonsense targeting ejection on our defensive TD handed you that game but please carry on with yourself, mr bull.

The game I saw featured Kendall Anderson running the ball down your throats and the Tribe winning by 21 points.

Save the excuses for another game.

BNATION
November 17th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Richmond by 7

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Jimmye Laycock, 69, intends to return as William & Mary coach next season, which would be his 39th with Tribe. Beyond that, Laycock said he has no exit strategy set at this time. He plans to consider the future during Christmas break. richmond.com/sports/college…

Hey TribePride welcome to the board. Glad you are bringing info. for us as well. In the interest of giving proper credit though we have a feature here on AGS that we had built custom so that tweets could easily be placed in posts as this helps with the "fair use" issue I had posted yesterday.

https://twitter.com/RTDjohnoconnor/status/930525581661364225

Click on the tweet you want to copy and in the upper right corner of the tweet where it says \/ "More" you select "copy link to tweet" and bring it over here and just paste in the post.

It's even easier than copying and pasting the gentlemans text.xthumbsupx

KPSUL
November 17th, 2017, 05:18 PM

UNH has 12 also. But only 4 of those guys are starters on O or D plus the #1 placekicker and # 1 punter.

wmmii
November 18th, 2017, 08:24 PM

Not surprising quote since his contract will expire 1/31/19. Hope the Tribe has a great season next year and goes to the playoffs so Laycock can exit on his own terms!