PDA

View Full Version : NAU @ SUU

TheRealJacks
November 13th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Basically a Big Sky Championship game with the winner at least winning a share of the title.

Discussion:
Game predictions
Playoff scenarios for both teams if win or lose
Weber state win or loss
Other teams in the Playoff bubble

This game will determine a lot in the whole FCS when it comes to seeds and playoff births.

Should be a close game. Hard to tell who has the advantage when both teams could be seen as even in both offense and defense. I mean AnyGivenSaturday.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2017, 04:54 PM
What's the tie breaker situation for the auto if both Weber St and NAU finish 7-1 as co-champs? Or is it too convoluted to even both with yet?

katss07
November 13th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Prediction: SUU finally exposes NAU

Thunderbirds playing at home helps. Should be gorgeous in Cedar City. Hope a lot of people show up. This program and team deserve a big crowd. I think SUU comes out and shuts down the Jack offense, and after a slow offensive start explodes. SUU by 21. Should earn a first round bye.

FCSFBFAN
November 18th, 2017, 12:12 AM
Prediction: SUU finally exposes NAU

Thunderbirds playing at home helps. Should be gorgeous in Cedar City. Hope a lot of people show up. This program and team deserve a big crowd. I think SUU comes out and shuts down the Jack offense, and after a slow offensive start explodes. SUU by 21. Should earn a first round bye.

OK - So we're still hanging on to the NAU late season swoon garbage... Good Luck on SUU winning by 21 points. Not happening. No swoon this year. If either team wins by two scores it will be NAU. But I think it will be close and come down to a break or two that will decide this.

NAU has lost to the AGS #13 Western Illinois, and Montana #25, and Arizona who sits just outside the FBS Top 25. I think they will win, but even if they don't, then add #9 SUU. No bad losses, an average margin of victory of 20 points in their 7 wins. Winners of 7 of their last 9. I think they make the tournament even with a loss. The committee had them at #9 before the 2 point loss at Montana w/ a true freshman QB with 10 snaps to his credit this year, before being thrown into that wild environment..

mvemjsunpx
November 18th, 2017, 12:32 AM
What's the tie breaker situation for the auto if both Weber St and NAU finish 7-1 as co-champs? Or is it too convoluted to even both with yet?

I believe it's simple if Montana loses, because NAU would win it on common games against SUU (Weber has a common games advantage involving Montana).
If Montana wins it's more complicated, though, because they would be tied with SUU and EWU & SAC's games could then matter.

It's all academic, however, because any Big Sky team that finishes 7-1 will be in for sure.

katss07
November 18th, 2017, 06:19 AM
OK - So we're still hanging on to the NAU late season swoon garbage... Good Luck on SUU winning by 21 points. Not happening. No swoon this year. If either team wins by two scores it will be NAU. But I think it will be close and come down to a break or two that will decide this.

NAU has lost to the AGS #13 Western Illinois, and Montana #25, and Arizona who sits just outside the FBS Top 25. I think they will win, but even if they don't, then add #9 SUU. No bad losses, an average margin of victory of 20 points in their 7 wins. Winners of 7 of their last 9. I think they make the tournament even with a loss. The committee had them at #9 before the 2 point loss at Montana w/ a true freshman QB with 10 snaps to his credit this year, before being thrown into that wild environment..

SUU is a much better team, a team that deserves to be seeded. I can’t see NAU winning this game, especially up in Cedar City.

FCSFBFAN
November 18th, 2017, 04:13 PM
NAU up 6-3 on SUU late Q1.