PDA

View Full Version : 2017-11/18 AGS GOTW Week 12

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2017, 12:46 PM
James Madison @ Elon - Conference champion trophy and major seed line implications on the line for both teams.

Monmouth @ Kennesaw State - Two one loss teams go to battle for the conference championship. The winner reaches the playoffs, the loser waits out Selection Sunday.

Northern Arizona @ Southern Utah - Another one of several games where the winner will be a conference champion & likely seed.

Furman @ Samford - This could very well be a win and you're in, lose and you're out type playoff game. If Furman wins, they'd also hold a share of the conference title.

South Dakota State @ South Dakota - A month ago, SDSU was in panic mode and USD was well on their way to a seed. The fortunes have reversed. An SDSU win would give them a seed, while a USD loss could eliminate them from the playoffs.

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Ummmmmmmm........hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Reign of Terrier
November 13th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Furman and Samford.

It's the best offense against the best defense in the Socon in terms of efficiency

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Man, a lot of good choices this week!

I went with NAU and SUU because I think that has the biggest impact nationwide. With a SUU win NAU is out which opens up a spot on the bubble and it locks SUU into either the #7 or #8 seed IMO. With an NAU win the Big Sky probably gets no seeded teams (meaning the #7 or #8 seeds opens up for a team like Stony Brook or Western Illinois - maybe Weber St could sneak in there) and it toughens up the bubble since NAU is definitely in then.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 12:58 PM
I went with Monmouth and Kennesaw since if it is close, I could see the committee finding the "quality loss" argument and try and get them both in, even if only 1 team should be in. My #2 would have been NAU/SUU and my #3 would have been Furman/Samford due to one continues to play and one goes home.

FUGameBreaker
November 13th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Going to be an exciting week

Reign of Terrier
November 13th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Honestly all these games are pretty good. I guess that's expected in the last week of the regular season

Mayville Bison
November 13th, 2017, 03:50 PM
There is no wrong answer this week. Ultimately, I went with JMU/Elon for the CAA championship.

POD Knows
November 13th, 2017, 03:59 PM
There is no wrong answer this week. Ultimately, I went with JMU/Elon for the CAA championship.I did too but I don't think it is going to be close.

wapiti
November 13th, 2017, 04:19 PM
WHAT!!! NO Cat/griz in the selection!! xlolx

Just kidding. All of the games to choose are worthy to be on this list.

Catbooster
November 13th, 2017, 07:02 PM
They're all good choices (they're not Cat/Griz, but still good choices).

dewey
November 13th, 2017, 07:05 PM
I went for the SUU vs NAU game.

Lot of good matchup this week.

Dewey

grizband
November 13th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Really wanted to complain about Cat/Griz not being included, but this is a pretty stacked slate of games for the last week of the season. Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

ngineer
November 13th, 2017, 09:30 PM
They're all good choices (they're not Lehigh/Lafayette, but still good choices).

Fixed it for ya! xsmiley_wix Can't completely ignore Rivalry #153! A lot on the line for all of these teams. I'd pay to watch any of them.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Let's end on a high note and get this up and over 100

wapiti
November 13th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Fixed it for ya! xsmiley_wix Can't completely ignore Rivalry #153! A lot on the line for all of these teams. I'd pay to watch any of them.

Why should the 153rd ranked rivalry be on this list?

cx500d
November 13th, 2017, 10:44 PM
I went with Monmouth/Kennesaw because it has big implications for both teams, plus lets face it, we really don't know much about these teams...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2017, 11:34 PM
I went with Monmouth/Kennesaw because it has big implications for both teams, plus lets face it, we really don't know much about these teams...
You've got KSU ranked 11 so you damn sure better know something about em'! xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2017, 11:35 PM
Holy ****, that is a big start on votes for only about 8 hrs. up at this point.

POD Knows
November 14th, 2017, 07:46 AM
I went with Monmouth/Kennesaw because it has big implications for both teams, plus lets face it, we really don't know much about these teams...You must know a lot, you ranked Kennesaw #11 or something and they lost to Montana which is really the only team they have played. I got to be honest, I haven't seen them play, what do you see in them that would make you rank them that high.

Mattymc727
November 14th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Monmouth @ Kennesaw State IS a playoff game already

I guess so is Furman @ Samford

POD Knows
November 14th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Monmouth @ Kennesaw State IS a playoff game alreadyI would agree, win or you are out.

Daytripper
November 14th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Surprised SHSU v. HBU wasn't an option. Houston Baptist is dangerous.:D

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Surprised SHSU v. HBU wasn't an option. Houston Baptist is dangerous.:D

I think ACU would like to have a chat with you on that.

RootinFerDukes
November 14th, 2017, 10:59 AM
It's definitely furman/samford because it is all but literally a playoff game. Winner advances, loser ends their season.

The same can be said about Monmouth and Kennesaw State but SoCon>Big South.

katss07
November 14th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Furman vs Samford and Kennesaw vs Monmouth are both playoff games. NAU vs SUU is also a very big game.

WestCoastAggie
November 14th, 2017, 11:07 AM
It's a Travesty the Aggie/Eagle isn't on this list.

Schism55
November 14th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Thanks man, I needed a good laugh this morning xthumbsupx

Mayville Bison
November 14th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Thanks man, I needed a good laugh this morning xthumbsupx

He's kind of right. Every bubble team should be cheering for A&T

MR. CHICKEN
November 14th, 2017, 11:46 AM
....COMMITTEE....HAS UH MONKEY WRENCH.....EVERAH PLAY-OFF.....DIS YEAR.....HOWARD BISON......DEY'D LOVE TA HAVE AN ALL INCLUSIVE DANCE......MEAC...WOOD COMPLETE IT.............................xwhistlex........BR AWK!

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2017, 11:55 AM
He's kind of right. Every bubble team should be cheering for A&T
Doesn't matter. A&T is in the Celebration Bowl regardless of whether they win or lose.

If that wasn't the case maybe it would be worthy of inclusion with these 5. As is it has nowhere near the significance of any of these 5 IMO.

EDIT: Although, I guess you could say NC Central could poach an at-large bid if they win. I wouldn't consider them a serious contender for an at-large bid but it is plausible if the bubble implodes.

WestCoastAggie
November 14th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Doesn't matter. A&T is in the Celebration Bowl regardless of whether they win or lose.

If that wasn't the case maybe it would be worthy of inclusion with these 5. As is it has nowhere near the significance of any of these 5 IMO.

I know...

WestCoastAggie
November 14th, 2017, 12:22 PM
....COMMITTEE....HAS UH MONKEY WRENCH.....EVERAH PLAY-OFF.....DIS YEAR.....HOWARD BISON......DEY'D LOVE TA HAVE AN ALL INCLUSIVE DANCE......MEAC...WOOD COMPLETE IT.............................xwhistlex........BR AWK!

Yeah. The Battle of the Real HU finally has some serious stipulations behind it. A Howard win + major losses Saturday could mean we could have two sets of Bison in the post season.

Catbooster
November 14th, 2017, 12:24 PM
You must know a lot, you ranked Kennesaw #11 or something and they lost to Montana which is really the only team they have played. I got to be honest, I haven't seen them play, what do you see in them that would make you rank them that high.
They lost to Samford. They beat Montana State. Haven't played Montana.

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2017, 12:30 PM
10 more to go to hit the century mark.

Mayville Bison
November 14th, 2017, 04:07 PM

EDIT: Although, I guess you could say NC Central could poach an at-large bid if they win. I wouldn't consider them a serious contender for an at-large bid but it is plausible if the bubble implodes.

Wow, did I fail by missing the BC loss. I'll quietly go to my corner now

cx500d
November 14th, 2017, 08:40 PM
You must know a lot, you ranked Kennesaw #11 or something and they lost to Montana which is really the only team they have played. I got to be honest, I haven't seen them play, what do you see in them that would make you rank them that high.

Get back on your geriatric medicine....Kennesaw didn't play montana, but they did beat montana state...

MTfan4life
November 15th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Considering NC Central will be just the second above .500 team the Aggies have faced this season, it is an exciting game for A&T. Beyond the realm of central North Carolina FCS football, though, there really isn't much excitement for a revenge game for A&T going against a team that lost to Norfolk State. Every team on the GOTW list is playing for either conference hardware or a playoff spot. NC Central has neither on the line.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2017, 05:01 PM
They lost to Samford. They beat Montana State. Haven't played Montana.WTF was I looking at, my bad X 1,000,000

POD Knows
November 15th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Get back on your geriatric medicine....Kennesaw didn't play montana, but they did beat montana state...Yea, this is picture perfect example of checking facts before you blast out a post, but you still have them too high but I humbly defer and will go to my corner for my well deserved beating.

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Yea, this is picture perfect example of checking facts before you blast out a post, but you still have them too high but I humbly defer and will go to my corner for my well deserved beating.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/45006162/yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Excellent job getting over the century mark to end the season!

Catbooster
November 16th, 2017, 01:07 AM
bump

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Nice! To the victor on Saturday go the spoils! xbeerchugx

AGS GOTW Week 12 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?198883-2017-11-18-AGS-GOTW-Week-12/page5) Furman @ Samford

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Gotta admire the solidarity of that SOCON voting block!

My unofficial count by conference votes:

MVFC 46
JMU/Elon 10
MU/KSU 4
NAU/SUU 10
FU/SU 5
SDSU/USD 17

SOCON 21
JMU/Elon 1
FU/SU 20

CAA 18
JMU/Elon 9
MU/KSU 2
NAU/SUU 2
FU/SU 4
SDSU/USD 1

Big Sky 9
MU/KSU 3
NAU/SUU 4
SDSU/USD 2

SLC 4
JMU/Elon 1
NAU/SUU 1
FU/SU 1
SDSU/USD 1

Patriot 3
JMU/Elon 1
MU/KSU 2

MEAC 2
JMU/Elon 1
MU/KSU 1

OVC 2
JMU/Elon 1
FU/SU 1

SWAC 1
FU/SU 1

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Gotta admire the solidarity of that SOCON voting block!

My unofficial count by conference votes:

MVFC 36
JMU/Elon 10
MU/KSU 4
NAU/SUU 10
FU/SU 5
SDSU/USD 17

SOCON 21
JMU/Elon 1
FU/SU 20

CAA 18
JMU/Elon 9
MU/KSU 2
NAU/SUU 2
FU/SU 4
SDSU/USD 1

Big Sky 9
MU/KSU 3
NAU/SUU 4
SDSU/USD 2

SLC 4
JMU/Elon 1
NAU/SUU 1
FU/SU 1
SDSU/USD 1

Patriot 3
JMU/Elon 1
MU/KSU 2

MEAC 2
JMU/Elon 1
MU/KSU 1

OVC 2
JMU/Elon 1
FU/SU 1

SWAC 1
FU/SU 1

The only other SoCon game to get AGS game of the week this year was Furman vs. Western Carolina (and that tied an NDSU game)

So for this game, when its the best game on the slate, of course xnodx