View Full Version : Brawl of the Wild

Silenoz
November 13th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Lots of questions coming into this one

Will the fighting Murrays have more than 8 passing yards?
Have the Griz moved past most of their dysfunctions?
Will Troy Anderson play linebacker or running back? Or both?
Will the Griz run the wildcat if Jensen goes down?
Will Choate blow the game?
Will Semore blow the game?
Will the teams combine for 350 yards of offense, or 1100?
Will Gregorak split his face open doing headbutts with his players before the game starts?

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Please tell me this is NOT on Root Sports and if it is, who is going to periscope it so we can watch one of the Top 5 rivalries in the FCS?

Silenoz
November 13th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Oh, I forgot the biggest one

Can the Bobcats beat us at home for the first time in over a decade?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26489&stc=1

Grizalltheway
November 13th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Please tell me this is NOT on Root Sports and if it is, who is going to periscope it so we can watch one of the Top 5 rivalries in the FCS?

http://grizalum.org/events/grizcat/watch-parties.php#North%20Dakota

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 01:00 PM
http://grizalum.org/events/grizcat/watch-parties.php#North%20Dakota

Minneapolis/MendotaLucky's 13 Pub; 1352 Sibley Memorial Highway; 651-452-1311; www.luckys13pub.com (http://www.luckys13pub.com/)
Coordinator: Martha Thornton '04; 651-253-7631; [email protected]
Nicole Loran '03; [email protected]

This would be the one for me, but I thank you so much for this. I will have to watch it there then, even if it is on the other side of town.

Grizalltheway
November 13th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Minneapolis/MendotaLucky's 13 Pub; 1352 Sibley Memorial Highway; 651-452-1311; www.luckys13pub.com (http://www.luckys13pub.com/)
Coordinator: Martha Thornton '04; 651-253-7631; [email protected]
Nicole Loran '03; [email protected]

This would be the one for me, but I thank you so much for this. I will have to watch it there then, even if it is on the other side of town.
No problem, guess I could have looked at your location first.xlolxxthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 01:26 PM
No problem, guess I could have looked at your location first.xlolxxthumbsupx

I have made that mistake once toward mvsejmp or something along the lines of that name and I assumed he was a Sioux fan but damn was I wrong since I was on the mobile version and did not get the chance to see his location. I still appreciate the info though. Sucks it overlaps (230pm) the NDSU game so I will just have to bring the computer and watch both games and drink some beer. xdrunkyx

93henfan
November 13th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Is this that game with the trophy that looks like a dunghill?

Bronco
November 13th, 2017, 04:40 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/chive-on-10.jpg?w=500&h=387

nevadagriz
November 13th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Don't forget if you have Direct tv you can get the game even if you don't get root sports.
Channel 101 and 501 have the game on.

nevadagriz
November 13th, 2017, 05:18 PM
How pissed will certain Griz fans be if the Griz win and Stitt gets extension?
FTR I hope Stitt stays.

veinup
November 13th, 2017, 05:47 PM
if coach bob wins, i'll be fine if he stays.

dewey
November 13th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Go Griz!

Dewey

grizband
November 13th, 2017, 07:26 PM
FTR I hope Stitt stays.
Some Griz fan's heads will explode...because the Griz will have beaten the Cats, and likely made the playoffs, but Stitt will probably receive an extension.

wapiti
November 13th, 2017, 10:30 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/chive-on-10.jpg?w=500&h=387

Typical griz fan. Obsessed with drawing male reproductive parts and then seeing what other things they can draw from it.

Kind of creepy and gross.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Typical griz fan. Obsessed with drawing male reproductive parts and then seeing what other things they can draw from it.

What? Where the hell do you see something like that? Let me guess, you see that in this sentence too don't you?

mvemjsunpx
November 13th, 2017, 10:36 PM
FTR I hope Stitt stays.

I'm pretty sure Stitt gets an extension anyway, but shutting those people up would be nice.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2017, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Stitt gets an extension anyway, but shutting those people up would be nice.

There was nothing on our schedule this season that 8-3 wasn't expected and not even something worth saying we were anything special with most all the tough games at home etc. and 7-4 would be an absolute disappointment and to me would show we are not improving at all really. To lose to the Cats to get there? He would be done as hell if you ask me.

I'm not one of the guys asking for his head and I would love his offense to be successful because it would be very fun football to watch but you know what? It has not been any sort of fun to watch for all but a couple of gaems in the last few years. Gotta admit it better get good fast cuz I'm tired of this middlin' **** we've been through the last 6 years.

mvemjsunpx
November 13th, 2017, 10:50 PM
There was nothing on our schedule this season that 8-3 wasn't expected and not even something worth saying we were anything special with most all the tough games at home etc. and 7-4 would be an absolute disappointment and to me would show we are not improving at all really. To lose to the Cats to get there? He would be done as hell if you ask me.

I'm not one of the guys asking for his head and I would love his offense to be successful because it would be very fun football to watch but you know what? It has not been any sort of fun to watch for all but a couple of gaems in the last few years. Gotta admit it better get good fast cuz I'm tired of this middlin' **** we've been through the last 6 years.

I don't really know anyone on the team, but I can't imagine they will be happy if Stitt goes. We have a really talented freshman QB and a super talented receiving corps. UM risks blowing that all up if Stitt gets canned (would Jensen transfer?) and a full rebuild could be the result. If you're tired of "middlin'" ****, then firing Stitt pretty much ensures that goes on much, much longer.

Also, Stitt has had to start a 3rd. string QB at least once in 2 of his 3 seasons. I only recall the Griz having to start a 3rd. string QB in one season ever before that (the Hartman/Samson deal in 2003). I mean, look at what happened to Villanova this year with a 2nd. string QB.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2017, 11:01 PM
I don't really know anyone on the team, but I can't imagine they will be happy if Stitt goes. We have a really talented freshman QB and a super talented receiving corps. UM risks blowing that all up if Stitt gets canned (would Jensen transfer?) and a full rebuild could be the result. If you're tired of "middlin'" ****, then firing Stitt pretty much ensures that goes on much, much longer.

Also, Stitt has had to start a 3rd. string QB at least once in 2 of his 3 seasons. I only recall the Griz having to start a 3rd. string QB in one season ever before that (the Hartman/Samson deal in 2003). I mean, look at what happened to Villanova this year with a 2nd. string QB.

I know all of that well and I do have those concerns but we were not good with our first string QB's either. When I say good I mena top 10 at least type team and we haven't had that for a long time. I am watching every game, I am at them and I know we have some very talented kids out there and this is the question...what else are we missing to be what we expect us to be? Not many answers left and if you are not feeling the change in attitude in the fans in the stands then I think we are attending different games.

This offense has absolutely wasted some very good defenses at this point so it really has to start working is the point. Trust me, I really, really want it to so it takes some pressure off the D, makes them better, and is fun as hell to watch.

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 12:28 AM

You do realize your fanbase calls us "the Jizz" right? Creepiness abound!

mvemjsunpx
November 14th, 2017, 12:34 AM
This offense has absolutely wasted some very good defenses at this point so it really has to start working is the point. Trust me, I really, really want it to so it takes some pressure off the D, makes them better, and is fun as hell to watch.

Huh? The offense has been better than the defense this year (which is something I didn't expect).

Also, Gresch Jensen is 15th. in the nation in passing efficiency (2nd. in the Big Sky) and he's throwing for 333 ypg in the games he's started.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Huh? The offense has been better than the defense this year (which is something I didn't expect).

This is the first year it is close and I am talking about how much they can give a break to the defense in that they can convert and give a rest. It was meant as in the past couple years. I'd say the offense has been decent and the defense has been decent overall considering the defense is still out there more than the offense...but at least it is close this season. When I say "decent" I don't mean good but also not bad...so middlin' as stated before I guess.

MTfan4life
November 14th, 2017, 01:02 AM

This is the first year it is close and I am talking about how much they can give a break to the defense in that they can convert and give a rest. It was meant as in the past couple years. I'd say the offense has been decent and the defense has been decent overall considering the defense is still out there more than the offense...but at least it is close this season. When I say "decent" I don't mean good but also not bad...so middlin' as stated before I guess.

The one thing not realized is the Griz got pretty fortunate with their schedule this season. Of non UM QB's who have suited up in the Big Sky this season, I would put the top ten as including Gubrud, Gueller, Cookus, Tyler, Maier, K. Thomson, Cantwell, Murray, Knipp, and Studsrud. Of those 10, the Griz have faced just 3 so far with Murray on Saturday. A team that was susceptible against strong QB play was fortunate to avoid Tyler, Maier, and Thomson. Both Knipp and Studsrud were injured, and Cookus, well we all know what he did. It's easy on one hand to look at the lopsided scores the past few games and all the sacks and think the defense has stepped up, but boy have they not been tested. Gueller threw for over 350, Gubrud for over 540, and Cantwell needed zero urgency considering they led by double digits the final 53 minutes of the game. I wonder how this will go because Murray isn't the elite passing threat, but I liken him to something like Josh Kraght out of Portland State. He ran for 132 and passed for 249 against the Griz. Stitt can say he won 7 or 8 games in the regular season, but he's been very fortunate compared to what he could have faced in the conference this season. Yes, the Griz also had backup QBs, but I guess in this argument, I'm really just talking about what their defense has had to face.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2017, 01:23 AM
The one thing not realized is the Griz got pretty fortunate with their schedule this season. Of non UM QB's who have suited up in the Big Sky this season, I would put the top ten as including Gubrud, Gueller, Cookus, Tyler, Maier, K. Thomson, Cantwell, Murray, Knipp, and Studsrud. Of those 10, the Griz have faced just 3 so far with Murray on Saturday. A team that was susceptible against strong QB play was fortunate to avoid Tyler, Maier, and Thomson. Both Knipp and Studsrud were injured, and Cookus, well we all know what he did. It's easy on one hand to look at the lopsided scores the past few games and all the sacks and think the defense has stepped up, but boy have they not been tested. Gueller threw for over 350, Gubrud for over 540, and Cantwell needed zero urgency considering they led by double digits the final 53 minutes of the game. I wonder how this will go because Murray isn't the elite passing threat, but I liken him to something like Josh Kraght out of Portland State. He ran for 132 and passed for 249 against the Griz. Stitt can say he won 7 or 8 games in the regular season, but he's been very fortunate compared to what he could have faced in the conference this season. Yes, the Griz also had backup QBs, but I guess in this argument, I'm really just talking about what their defense has had to face.

Yes, this matches up well with my earlier comment about us having a fairly easy season to get to 8-3 and 7-4 being unacceptable. We had a favorable schedule and we had luck in playing the lesser of the teams we could have faced and when we did face a fairly stocked team...we lost it. Hell, you are not even talking about the fact that outside of our QB situation we've been really healthy this season...and still here we are sitting fairly mediocre.

Christ I'm not trying to be the negative asshole with this but as good as it looks it ain't that good...yet. Hope it is soon.

But no matter what is wrong, we are not Bobcats so we have that going for us.xthumbsupx

kalm
November 14th, 2017, 06:11 AM

QB play in the Big Sky was strong this season. I think you guys are a lock down corner or play making safety (think Tru Johnson or Vince Huntzberger) away from being really good.

SU FAN
November 14th, 2017, 10:19 AM
One of the coolest names in college football rivalries

nevadagriz
November 14th, 2017, 11:36 AM
I'm in the camp that looks at the youth that is playing a big role and how we will have most of them 2-3 more years. I also look at preseason predictions of Griz fans saying 5-6,6-5, 7-4 and the fact they could go 8-3. I also think the last 4 games defense has been solid. The offense is light years ahead of last year with a RS frosh playing. Offensive line has improved, kicking has improved, red zone scoring has improved, rushing has improved. A lot of things folks wanted to see improved has and now it is not good enough.
I firmly believe that a few years during Delaneys time griz were ranked too high in the preseason and they had enough wins to maintain a decent ranking.
This year we are seeing if you start outside the polls how hard it is to climb up in them.
I like what Stitt is building win or lose this weekend!

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2017, 11:44 AM
I'm in the camp that looks at the youth that is playing a big role and how we will have most of them 2-3 more years. I also look at preseason predictions of Griz fans saying 5-6,6-5, 7-4 and the fact they could go 8-3. I also think the last 4 games defense has been solid. The offense is light years ahead of last year with a RS frosh playing. Offensive line has improved, kicking has improved, red zone scoring has improved, rushing has improved. A lot of things folks wanted to see improved has and now it is not good enough.
I firmly believe that a few years during Delaneys time griz were ranked too high in the preseason and they had enough wins to maintain a decent ranking.
This year we are seeing if you start outside the polls how hard it is to climb up in them.
I like what Stitt is building win or lose this weekend!

Yep. Some people won't be happy unless we're winning every game 100-0 and it's generally best to just ignore those people (sorry Ursus).

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 12:50 PM
I think we're trending upwards, and I like the youth movement, especially with what wer'e gonna have on offense in the coming years, but I need to see results against good offenses and good defenses. The Cats have a good defense so that should be a good barometer.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2017, 12:50 PM
QB play in the Big Sky was strong this season. I think you guys are a lock down corner or play making safety (think Tru Johnson or Vince Huntzberger) away from being really good.

I respect you and your opinion on this one.

nevadagriz
November 14th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Don't forget too that Stitt in three years has wins over NDSU,SDSU,EWU,MSU,UNI, NAU, and I believe USD. Not great but not shabby.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Yep. Some people won't be happy unless we're winning every game 100-0 and it's generally best to just ignore those people (sorry Ursus).

Whatever all, I've never been the guy calling out coaches and thinking we needed to win games by 100-0 or anything like that but we god damn sure better be better than we have been with all that we have got.

I hope things are going in the right direction but there is no more time on the clock to wait around to get better. It better be happening now. As I've said, I've been doing this **** since your mommy was wiping your ass so I've seen it be not so good and then be great and we have been moving back to not so good and people are less inclined to stick around for games or even show up to them and that is a bad sign to me.

And it damn sure is not tough for the Griz to climb up the rankings I don't care if we were out a season or not. We are a known commodity and if that product is good people aren't holding back to rank us.

I like beating bad teams instead of losing to them like we did last season but you know what is even better than that? Beating good teams too.

I'll say it again, I really want our guy to succeed because if he does this will be a ton of fun to watch and be a part of for sure but just saying my patience has grown thin over being a middle of the pack type team and never having any confidence that we are gonna win this game...no matter which one it is.

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Whatever all, I've never been the guy calling out coaches and thinking we needed to win games by 100-0 or anything like that but we god damn sure better be better than we have been with all that we have got.

I hope things are going in the right direction but there is no more time on the clock to wait around to get better. It better be happening now. As I've said, I've been doing this **** since your mommy was wiping your ass so I've seen it be not so good and then be great and we have been moving back to not so good and people are less inclined to stick around for games or even show up to them and that is a bad sign to me.

And it damn sure is not tough for the Griz to climb up the rankings I don't care if we were out a season or not. We are a known commodity and if that product is good people aren't holding back to rank us.

I like beating bad teams instead of losing to them like we did last season but you know what is even better than that? Beating good teams too.

I'll say it again, I really want our guy to succeed because if he does this will be a ton of fun to watch and be a part of for sure but just saying my patience has grown thin over being a middle of the pack type team and never having any confidence that we are gonna win this game...no matter which one it is.

I know man, just felt like taking a little jab at ya cause reasons. I respect your opinion on this matter as I do most matters.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Don't forget too that Stitt in three years has wins over NDSU,SDSU,EWU,MSU,UNI, NAU, and I believe USD. Not great but not shabby.

When you look at one side of any sort of deal I guess it can look good. For instance let's say we only look at the income part of a financial...does it look good? Well lets also look at the expense section and see what it is overall should we?

I'm pretty sure USD was Delaney dn USD is good now but they were not really considered good then.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2017, 01:54 PM
I know man, just felt like taking a little jab at ya cause reasons. I respect your opinion on this matter as I do most matters.:D

Heck I though team Helena was gonna go donnybrooking!xthumbsupx

nevadagriz
November 14th, 2017, 03:51 PM
no doubt ursus there has been some headscrathers also. I feel like this hate stitt thing has taken on a life of its own and many people (not you)
find any reason to complain. I think some folks would find fault with a NC at this point lol.

BisonTru
November 14th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I want the Griz to win, but I think the Bobcats will win this one.

I said it over a year ago, IMO, Stitt is not a good fit for Montana. I see some Griz fans are starting to realize this, but judging by this forum it's few and far between.

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2017, 04:14 PM
I want the Griz to win, but I think the Bobcats will win this one.

I said it over a year ago, IMO, Stitt is not a good fit for Montana. I see some Griz fans are starting to realize this, but judging by this forum it's few and far between.

And what exactly are you basing that on?

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 04:16 PM
One post from a Bobcat fan? Guess they prefer the warm safe Bobcatnation echo chamber xsmiley_wix

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2017, 04:17 PM
no doubt ursus there has been some headscrathers also. I feel like this hate stitt thing has taken on a life of its own and many people (not you)
find any reason to complain. I think some folks would find fault with a NC at this point lol.

Yeah, glad you noted that as I am a fan of what the guy can do. Please god let him do it...now. xlolx

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Bison fans see all, don't you know!

He's been vocal about it for awhile, specifically the nature of our scheme which obviously failed pretty impressively against them in the playoffs. Something about having a competent quarterback at the helms

bobcathpdevil56
November 14th, 2017, 04:18 PM
One post from a Bobcat fan? Guess they prefer the warm safe Bobcatnation echo chamber xsmiley_wix

What is there to respond to? You have spent the entire thread giving a recap of the "Fire Stitt" argument and the Griz season. Not much for Cat fans to say about that.

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 04:20 PM
What is there to respond to? You have spent the entire thread giving a recap of the "Fire Stitt" argument and the Griz season. Not much for Cat fans to say about that.

Exactly, get us on track. Talk about your million running backs. Answer my Troy Anderson question. I dunno, anything!

BisonTru
November 14th, 2017, 04:20 PM

Montana should be able to out recruit the rest of the Big Sky. Why run a spread out up tempo offense when you can line up and play grind it out football and bet on my guys are better than your guys. Plus eliminating fullbacks and tight ends. There's a ton of those body types in and around Montana that they are just passing on.

bobcathpdevil56
November 14th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Exactly, get us on track. Talk about your million running backs. Answer my Troy Anderson question. I dunno, anything!

Tough to get a word in edge wise, when we are having an Egriz reunion meeting on this thread.

mvemjsunpx
November 14th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Montana should be able to out recruit the rest of the Big Sky. Why run a spread out up tempo offense when you can line up and play grind it out football and bet on my guys are better than your guys. Plus eliminating fullbacks and tight ends. There's a ton of those body types in and around Montana that they are just passing on.

Yeah, there's no way the Griz could win a national title with a pass-heavy spread offense & no fullbacks. xcoffeex

BisonTru
November 14th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Bison fans see all, don't you know!

He's been vocal about it for awhile, specifically the nature of our scheme which obviously failed pretty impressively against them in the playoffs. Something about having a competent quarterback at the helms

It's dotcha know, and yes I've been vocal about this for a while now. Time will tell.

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 04:27 PM

Well, we do have tight ends (unless they're forced into playing quarterback), and we do recruit those players from Montana. They just move over to defensive tackle :D

I'll just say I feel better about this offense in the playoffs than I do about a lot of Hauck and Phenicie's grind-it-out offenses that got shut down, including the one that had All-Americans at WR and RB. I'd take Pflugrad's 2011 offense over them too.

nevadagriz
November 14th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Back on topic:
Cat fans how is the health of your team?
Murray scares us any one on Griz team scare you???
How have your db's been playing?

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Tough to get a word in edge wise, when we are having an Egriz reunion meeting on this thread.
Oh yeah, is this blazing thread that's reached all of 2 pages moving too fast?

You guys are some feisty mother****ers when it comes to Cat Griz week. Feistier if I call it Griz Cat

BisonTru
November 14th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Well, we do have tight ends (unless they're forced into playing quarterback), and we do recruit those players from Montana. They just move over to defensive tackle :D

I'll just say I feel better about this offense in the playoffs than I do about a lot of Hauck and Phenicie's grind-it-out offenses that got shut down, including the one that had All-Americans at WR and RB. I'd take Pflugrad's 2011 offense over them too.

How about your defense that's been forced to defend the 7th most plays in the nation?

Ty left for good reasons and I don't blame him.

Edit: Four of the six ahead of the Griz have played an extra game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevadagriz
November 14th, 2017, 06:44 PM
look its a Bison fan who is an expert on all things Griz!

Catbooster
November 14th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Back on topic:
Cat fans how is the health of your team?
Murray scares us any one on Griz team scare you???
How have your db's been playing?
We have a starting DB out for the 1st half from targeting against NAU. The typical for injuries - some guys out, shuffling around a few players but not recalling any new, major changes there from the last game. Oh - our kicker looked like he might have got his bell rung in the onside kick at the end of the NAU game but I haven't heard anything.

Murray scares me too ;). It's hard to know what to expect as far as his throwing (bad sometimes, pretty good other times), and he's had a few games that scare me about turnovers. We make lots of mistakes/miss execution. I think we're inconsistent - need to avoid shooting ourselves in the foot.

Jensen, Louis-McGee - you have plenty of players for us to worry about.

I think our teams are playing at similar levels, we just haven't won as many games (which is all that really counts). We've played a tougher schedule and had some close losses. But if you look at scoring margins, it seems like they're about the same for common opponents (other than Northern Colorado), just that your scores are generally higher for both teams (better offense for you, better defense for us).

Grizalltheway
November 14th, 2017, 07:07 PM
How about your defense that's been forced to defend the 7th most plays in the nation?

I haven't asked them their thoughts, but like Brock said, there were plenty of games with Hauck where the defense played good or great and his pro style offense couldn't score points to save their lives. Bottom line, it's a team game and both sides of the ball (and special teams) need to consistently do their parts in order to be successful. Look no further than the second half of the EWU and the first half of the Weber games.

BisonTru
November 14th, 2017, 07:22 PM
look its a Bison fan who is an expert on all things Griz!

I've never called myself an expert these are stats anyone can look up. Tell me where I'm wrong.

Totat Def Rank
Team
Games
Plays
Plays/Gm

Northern Colo. (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/502.0/12623)

Eastern Wash. (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/207.0/12623)

Georgetown (Patriot) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/251.0/12623)

Montana (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/441.0/12623)

Sam Houston St. (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/624.0/12623)

Marist (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/386.0/12623)

Bryant (Northeast) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/81.0/12623)

Lamar University (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/346.0/12623)

Sacramento St. (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/102.0/12623)

UC Davis (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/108.0/12623)

Ark.-Pine Bluff (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/2678.0/12623)

SFA (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/676.0/12623)

Nicholls St. (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/483.0/12623)

Montana St. (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/440.0/12623)

Idaho St. (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/294.0/12623)

Brown (Ivy League) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/80.0/12623)

Samford (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/625.0/12623)

Murray St. (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/454.0/12623)

North Dakota (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/494.0/12623)

Southern Ill. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/659.0/12623)

Houston Baptist (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/287.0/12623)

Indiana St. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/305.0/12623)

Southern Utah (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/667.0/12623)

Incarnate Word (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/2743.0/12623)

VMI (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/741.0/12623)

Campbell (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/115.0/12623)

Southeastern La. (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/655.0/12623)

Portland St. (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/550.0/12623)

Penn (Ivy League) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/540.0/12623)

Dartmouth (Ivy League) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/172.0/12623)

Norfolk St. (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/485.0/12623)

Western Caro. (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/769.0/12623)

Morehead St. (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/444.0/12623)

Rhode Island (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/572.0/12623)

Lafayette (Patriot) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/342.0/12623)

Dayton (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/175.0/12623)

Northwestern St. (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/508.0/12623)

Davidson (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/173.0/12623)

Central Ark. (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/1004.0/12623)

New Hampshire (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/469.0/12623)

Howard (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/290.0/12623)

Mercer (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/406.0/12623)

Elon (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/1068.0/12623)

Valparaiso (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/735.0/12623)

Colgate (Patriot) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/153.0/12623)

UNI (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/504.0/12623)

Eastern Ill. (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/201.0/12623)

Stony Brook (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/683.0/12623)

Missouri St. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/669.0/12623)

Drake (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/189.0/12623)

Richmond (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/575.0/12623)

Central Conn. St. (Northeast) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/127.0/12623)

Princeton (Ivy League) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/554.0/12623)

Jacksonville (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/316.0/12623)

Northern Ariz. (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/501.0/12623)

Abilene Christian (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/2.0/12623)

Holy Cross (Patriot) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/285.0/12623)

Stetson (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/678.0/12623)

Harvard (Ivy League) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/275.0/12623)

Presbyterian (Big South) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/1320.0/12623)

Duquesne (Northeast) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/194.0/12623)

Monmouth (Big South) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/439.0/12623)

Furman (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/244.0/12623)

Fordham (Patriot) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/236.0/12623)

Saint Francis (PA) (Northeast) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/600.0/12623)

Towson (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/711.0/12623)

Texas Southern (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/699.0/12623)

ETSU (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/198.0/12623)

Delaware St. (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/178.0/12623)

Charleston So. (Big South) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/48.0/12623)

Grambling (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/261.0/12623)

Villanova (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/739.0/12623)

Western Ill. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/771.0/12623)

Alcorn (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/17.0/12623)

South Dakota (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/650.0/12623)

Jackson St. (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/314.0/12623)

Maine (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/380.0/12623)

Hampton (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/270.0/12623)

Bethune-Cookman (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/61.0/12623)

South Carolina St. (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/647.0/12623)

Yale (Ivy League) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/813.0/12623)

Southeast Mo. St. (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/654.0/12623)

Savannah St. (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/632.0/12623)

Weber St. (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/758.0/12623)

Austin Peay (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/43.0/12623)

Mississippi Val. (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/432.0/12623)

Tennessee Tech (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/692.0/12623)

South Dakota St. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/649.0/12623)

Eastern Ky. (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/202.0/12623)

Wofford (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/2915.0/12623)

Sacred Heart (Northeast) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/590.0/12623)

N.C. Central (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/489.0/12623)

Lehigh (Patriot) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/352.0/12623)

Alabama St. (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/7.0/12623)

Albany (NY) (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/14.0/12623)

Wagner (Northeast) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/748.0/12623)

Illinois St. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/299.0/12623)

Florida A&M (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/228.0/12623)

San Diego (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/627.0/12623)

Cal Poly (Big Sky) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/90.0/12623)

William & Mary (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/786.0/12623)

Cornell (Ivy League) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/167.0/12623)

Delaware (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/180.0/12623)

Chattanooga (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/693.0/12623)

Southern U. (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/665.0/12623)

Prairie View (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/553.0/12623)

Robert Morris (Northeast) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/579.0/12623)

James Madison (Colonial) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/317.0/12623)

Jacksonville St. (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/315.0/12623)

Morgan St. (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/446.0/12623)

Bucknell (Patriot) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/83.0/12623)

Butler (Pioneer) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/87.0/12623)

Youngstown St. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/817.0/12623)

Columbia (Ivy League) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/158.0/12623)

Gardner-Webb (Big South) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/1092.0/12623)

Tennessee St. (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/691.0/12623)

UT Martin (OVC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/695.0/12623)

Alabama A&M (Southwestern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/6.0/12623)

McNeese (Southland) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/402.0/12623)

N.C. A&T (Mid-Eastern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/488.0/12623)

Kennesaw St. (Big South) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/1157.0/12623)

The Citadel (Southern) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/141.0/12623)

North Dakota St. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/493.0/12623)

BisonTru
November 14th, 2017, 07:28 PM
I haven't asked them their thoughts, but like Brock said, there were plenty of games with Hauck where the defense played good or great and his pro style offense couldn't score points to save their lives. Bottom line, it's a team game and both sides of the ball (and special teams) need to consistently do their parts in order to be successful. Look no further than the second half of the EWU and the first half of the Weber games.

I'm with ya there. It's a team game, but with Stitt's style you better score points cuz your defense is going to defend a lot of plays. I could see the Griz having a run here and there if you get the right playmakers on offense, but if you want to be a consistent title contender this is not the direction I would go.

That's my opinion.

mvemjsunpx
November 14th, 2017, 08:58 PM

Gregorak didn't "leave," he was basically fired. He was unofficially demoted due to insubordination after the Portland State game at the end of October, 2015.

BisonTru
November 14th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Gregorak didn't "leave," he was basically fired. He was unofficially demoted due to insubordination after the Portland State game at the end of October, 2015.

Maybe he would have been fired, but he left before that announcement came, so... spin that however you want.

mvemjsunpx
November 14th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Maybe he would have been fired, but he left before that announcement came, so... spin that however you want.

There was no "firing" announcement and there wasn't going to be because it was officially a mutual departure kind-of thing. I'm pretty certain Stitt wasn't going to let him back on the staff regardless.

putter
November 14th, 2017, 09:25 PM
I thought last year Gus was a mess at QB. Had the opening TD but had an unbelievable case of the happy feet and threw off his back foot because of it. Jensen, for a RS Freshman is the QB Stitt has been looking for. This offense will click with this type of QB and will cause the Cats fits. Semore scares the hell out of me....with Murray the Cats can cause defenses fits and he has not really shown he can go toe to toe with a good OC. Made good adjustments against Weber, too bad he waited until the team was down 30 points. Griz have a shot at winning this if the D shows up because the offense will score more than last year. A win still does not guarantee getting the Griz to the playoffs but, for stability's sake and a young team, I hope Stitt stays..

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 09:37 PM

He was lucky to be on staff in the first place. How many people bring on someone they just beat out the job for? Obviously there's good reason for that not happening.

Pretty silly theory in the first place. NDSU is an outlier. Plenty of FBS teams are having massive success with more modern offenses. And Eastern Washington. Hell, JMU does the same run-pass option we do too.

Hell you could argue our best team since 2001 was the Pflugrad team in 2011

BisonTru
November 14th, 2017, 09:58 PM
He was lucky to be on staff in the first place. How many people bring on someone they just beat out the job for? Obviously there's good reason for that not happening.

Pretty silly theory in the first place. NDSU is an outlier. Plenty of FBS teams are having massive success with more modern offenses. And Eastern Washington. Hell, JMU does the same run-pass option we do too.

Hell you could argue our best team since 2001 was the Pflugrad team in 2011

Ya'll can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Ty was under contract and part of Stitt taking the job is Ty stays on as DC.

As far as modern offenses there's stuff NDSU was doing that both Philly and KC have said they've started to use and study. You don't have to follow the up tempo trend to stay modern. Eastern Washington has had success. So has FBS programs like Oregon. But do they maintain that. Usually not or not at a high level. Montana should follow NDSU and Alabama. They have the resources to build a sustainable dynasty.

And as far as RPO's that's become a part of almost every offense now.

Silenoz
November 14th, 2017, 11:06 PM
I see, you're talking about tempo. Honestly, I bet it's significantly overblown, or just toned down since our games against you

Herder
November 15th, 2017, 02:20 AM
Seeing the Stitt Griz as a pass first, fast paced, defense 2nd team this past few years just seems wrong. You’d have to be a pretty bad coach to not win 7-8 games with their resources. Does he deserve to be fired, probably not. But extending Stitt seals your fate for another 5 years of 7-8 wins imo. I’d have a bad taste in my mouth were I a griz fan.

Grizalltheway
November 15th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Seeing the Stitt Griz as a pass first, fast paced, defense 2nd team this past few years just seems wrong. You’d have to be a pretty bad coach to not win 7-8 games with their resources. Does he deserve to be fired, probably not. But extending Stitt seals your fate for another 5 years of 7-8 wins imo. I’d have a bad taste in my mouth were I a griz fan.
Right, because Montana didn't come to national prominence and win a national title with an air-raid offense. And I think the run-pass distribution has been pretty close to 50-50 this year.

nevadagriz
November 15th, 2017, 09:25 AM

These resources you Bison fans keep bringing up are what? The champions center is new so we don't know the effect yet? The university is not in great shape as far as funds. Montana does not spend more then most on recruiting. We have a large fan base that is mostly unhappy all the time because nothing is good enough. Griz coaches are way underpaid compared to other schools. Maybe you think the years we were down four scholarships or the Book writing about Montana and rape was a big advantage to the Griz. Enrollment is down in a big way so is attendance (start of 3rd qtr is the worst).

I'll hang up now and listen. Thanks for all the info Bison fans

BadlandsGrizFan
November 15th, 2017, 10:30 AM
I'm with ya there. It's a team game, but with Stitt's style you better score points cuz your defense is going to defend a lot of plays. I could see the Griz having a run here and there if you get the right playmakers on offense, but if you want to be a consistent title contender this is not the direction I would go.

That's my opinion.

Well lucky for us you're not the ****ing AD.

Bronco
November 15th, 2017, 12:04 PM
all those traveling to the game be careful
Last time I went to a Griz-cat game in bozeman the "fans" wrote all over our car in white shoe polish

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26508&stc=1

BisonTru
November 15th, 2017, 01:06 PM
These resources you Bison fans keep bringing up are what? The champions center is new so we don't know the effect yet? The university is not in great shape as far as funds. Montana does not spend more then most on recruiting. We have a large fan base that is mostly unhappy all the time because nothing is good enough. Griz coaches are way underpaid compared to other schools. Maybe you think the years we were down four scholarships or the Book writing about Montana and rape was a big advantage to the Griz. Enrollment is down in a big way so is attendance (start of 3rd qtr is the worst).

Name me a stadium in the Big Sky you can walk a recruit into that's going to be more impressive than Washington-Griz.

Silenoz
November 15th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Well maybe they're a dual-sport track athlete mister smart guy!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aUODBIysLT8/maxresdefault.jpg

Silenoz
November 15th, 2017, 01:14 PM
On another note, those endzone seats (or standing room area?) have to be about 2 miles away from the action lmao

Grizalltheway
November 15th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Name me a stadium in the Big Sky you can walk a recruit into that's going to be more impressive than Washington-Griz.
I wouldn't expect you to follow it closely, but all of his recruiting classes have been among the best in Montana's history. And yes, that does need to start translating into consistent results on the field.

wapiti
November 15th, 2017, 02:14 PM
all those traveling to the game be careful
Last time I went to a Griz-cat game in bozeman the "fans" wrote all over our car in white shoe polish

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26508&stc=1

I am sorry your car was vandalized. I hope the perpetrators were caught. There is no reason for that kind of behavior.

POD Knows
November 15th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Well maybe they're a dual-sport track athlete mister smart guy!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aUODBIysLT8/maxresdefault.jpgDo they call that non-stadium "The Horseshoe"?

Silenoz
November 15th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Do they call that non-stadium "The Horseshoe"?

Ya, I hear it's quite famous

nevadagriz
November 15th, 2017, 03:34 PM

This is combined stats from 2016 and 2017 YTD:

Scoring

Semore: 585 points / 27.86 points per game
Gregorak: 528 points / 25.14 points per game

Turnovers

Semore: 24 INTs / 20 fumbles / 44 total
Gregorak: 14 INTs / 14 fumbles / 28 total

Yardage Allowed:

Semore: 3193 rushing / 4878 passing / 8071 total / 384 yards per game
Gregorak: 3331 rushing / 4978 passing / 8309 total / 396 yards per game

TFLs / Sacks:

Semore: 182 TFLs / 63 sacks (8.67 TFLs and 3 sacks per game)
Gregorak: 108 TFLs / 31 sacks (5.14 TFLs and 1.5 sacks per game)

Defensive TDs:

Semore: 6 (1 fumble, 5 INT)
Gregorak: 2 (1 fumble, 1 INT)

3rd Down / 4th Down defense:

Semore: 104 for 318 = 33% 3rd down conversion & 13 for 33 = 39% on 4th down
Gregorak: 136 for 317 = 43% on 3rd down conversion & 24 for 44 = 55% on 4th down

Red Zone Defense

Semore: 55-83 scoring = 66% scores allowed / 47 TDs allowed = 57% TDs
Gregorak: 66-78 scoring = 85% scores allowed / 45 TDs allowed = 58% TDs

First Downs Allowed

Semore: 411 = 19.57 per game
Gregorak: 456 = 21.71 per game

Time on the field

Semore: 30:23 per game
Gregorak: 30:39 per game

This info was all gathered by Brint on e-griz. Thanks to him for showing that Semore has not done to shabby compared to Ty
many variables however an interesting look.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Nevada, man I get exactly why it is relevant with it being Gregorak vs. Semore but damnit man we can not ever have the Cats be our measuring stick as what is a success.

Since it is Griz-Cat week...I guess we have to let it slide.

nevadagriz
November 15th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Nevada, man I get exactly why it is relevant with it being Gregorak vs. Semore but damnit man we can not ever have the Cats be our measuring stick as what is a success.

Since it is Griz-Cat week...I guess we have to let it slide.

Agree 1000% Mostly brought that over here because of the comment about having to defend soooo many plays as Griz DC.
I also Think semore is doing a better job then most give him credit for, especially those who are in the gregorak camp.

It will never happen again Ursus!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Agree 1000% Mostly brought that over here because of the comment about having to defend soooo many plays as Griz DC.
I also Think semore is doing a better job then most give him credit for, especially those who are in the gregorak camp.

It will never happen again Ursus!:D

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 15th, 2017, 09:59 PM
FTR I hope Stitt stays.

Haslem can give Stitt an extension all he wants.........Stitt wont sign it, hes gone, he doesnt like Missoula, he doesnt like his wife getting stuff thrown at her in stores or his kids being picked on so much at school they dont want to go. This isnt new, its been this way since before the Eastern game. He wants out.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 15th, 2017, 10:02 PM
You do realize your fanbase calls us "the Jizz" right? Creepiness abound!

They have bobcat batter on the brain.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvw8jX7KoBs

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 15th, 2017, 10:03 PM

The incredibly ****ty football we watch every week! Jesus man this **** never gets better and we struggle with bottom dwellers.

Herder
November 15th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Right, because Montana didn't come to national prominence and win a national title with an air-raid offense. And I think the run-pass distribution has been pretty close to 50-50 this year.

You used to play power FB. Your 50% Run is read option out of the shotgun to smallish backs.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 15th, 2017, 10:16 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23622057_533705633651005_7921339930974645697_n.jpg ?oh=441bae263cbf9e542aefc8c6d6eea18f&oe=5A98C127

katss07
November 15th, 2017, 10:16 PM
They have bobcat batter on the brain.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvw8jX7KoBs

Haha! This is too good!

“I don’t know why that Griz fan was complaining.” “It is actually made in Montana!” “Really friggin good!” He sounds so impressed...its vanilla ice cream with blue swirl! Would love to hear from someone who tried it. Any Montana fans?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2017, 11:04 PM
Bobcat Batter? JFC they do some really f'n stupid stuff.

Seriously, that is the name they came up with?

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 15th, 2017, 11:45 PM
Bobcat Batter? JFC they do some really f'n stupid stuff.

Seriously, that is the name they came up with?

Yep.........they just opened their mouth and out it came

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2017, 02:04 AM
IN YOUR FACE GRIZO!!

There was no way that was not happening.

mvemjsunpx
November 16th, 2017, 02:59 AM

53-47 run (51-49 run if you switch sacks to passes).

Herder
November 16th, 2017, 04:36 AM

You won like what, 45 consecutive Big Sky titles? You owned the conference for decades, you don’t do that without our-resourcing everyone else.

Catbooster
November 16th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I'm expecting the Cats to win this one, but not terribly confident. If we can avoid mistakes like dumb penalties and/or turnovers I think we win, but we've been prone to make those mistakes this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2017, 01:28 PM
I'm expecting the Cats to win this one, but not terribly confident. If we can avoid mistakes like dumb penalties and/or turnovers I think we win, but we've been prone to make those mistakes this year.

I think the Griz can match ya on that front.

Catbooster
November 16th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I think the Griz can match ya on that front.

Yep. Win/loss records aside, I think this is a good match-up of mediocre teams that are another year away from serious competition (at least I hope/think it's only another year). You guys have the wins to be in the playoff conversation, I guess, but I really don't think the Griz are a legit playoff caliber team. But you've got those wins, so good luck.

You'll need it after we beat you Saturday :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Yep. Win/loss records aside, I think this is a good match-up of mediocre teams that are another year away from serious competition (at least I hope/think it's only another year). You guys have the wins to be in the playoff conversation, I guess, but I really don't think the Griz are a legit playoff caliber team. But you've got those wins, so good luck.

You'll need it after we beat you Saturday :D

We ain't in if we lose that game anyway and our SOS is fairly weak as it is so we need that 8th win I am pretty sure. Agree though, things might be a lot better for both next season with some maturity.

Catbooster
November 17th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Only a day away. Who you got?

Seems like both fan bases are not too confident, judging by the fact that most of the discussion is about bad youtube videos, coaches' performance, etc. Not a whole lot about the actual game.

Grizalltheway
November 17th, 2017, 11:41 AM

Seems like both fan bases are not too confident, judging by the fact that most of the discussion is about bad youtube videos, coaches' performance, etc. Not a whole lot about the actual game.

I haven't watched the Cats much at all this year, but I think if they get down 2 or 3 scores early it's going to be pretty tough for them to get back into it with the nature of their offense.

Silenoz
November 17th, 2017, 12:13 PM

Toss up

Depends on if Gresch sails some passes for picks, or if Murray has wide gaping holes after his single read fails

jadmt
November 17th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Griz will win big and that momentum is going to carry over and they will win at least one more on turkey day weekend.

wapiti
November 17th, 2017, 02:04 PM
If the Cat's win it will be close. < 10

If the griz win it probably will not be close. > 10

Roamingriz
November 17th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Yeah it's not very exciting to say it'll come down to griz turnovers or their big plays, but I think both sides of that coin will determine things in a big way. So does the play of Murray. The cats haven't looked to have the shut down secondary of Weber but on the other hand the griz gotta get some run going which has been trending up against some of the softies. The cats run can grind it out and keep the griz off the field. If they don't try to change it up too much and get cute by trying to change up what works for them they should have some success in that.

Grizzlies82
November 17th, 2017, 03:04 PM

Montana is going to win. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Simply put; Good always triumphs over Evil (though like last year, Evil makes headway sometimes).

I've watched at least a portion of all the cats games this year. You've got the "Bo Levi Mitchell" syndrome going on in Bozo. Never know if you're going to field the 'good' Murray or the 'bad' Murray. In either case he has never attained a great game when it comes to his passing. If he ever got there you would really have a potential contender.

Regardless of the lad's passing I suspect Murray's feet will cause the Griz grief. Throw in the trick plays with Andersen throwing passes off of a fake sweep and the cats will score some points. Plus initially the Grizzlies freshman QB will be too pumped up and over throwing passes (hopefully not throwing picks as Silenoz pointed out earlier). As a result I fully expect Montana gets off to a slower start with far too many 3 & outs or short possessions. Eventually the Grizzly offense will settle in. When that happens the MSU defense won't be able to hold them out of the end zone. So the tone of the game likely comes down to if MSU can grab an early lead, and if so... how much of a lead.

If the good Murray shows up this will be an exciting close game with some team (read GRIZZLIES) coming from behind to win it.
If the bad Murray shows up, a steady onslaught of Montana points will have the MSU faithful leaving in droves as the 4th qt begins. xsmiley_wix

Silenoz
November 18th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Went down about as I expected. Good game Cat fans. Anyone who watched you all year knew you're better than your record

I'm not even mad. The team could of wilted. But they fought to the end. And I thought Gresch played a complete hell of a game for a freshman coming off a concussion. They blitzed nearly every play it seemed and not only did he not take a sack, but made a number of plays. I know it won't be a popular opinion, and I'm sure eGriz is on fire, but I'm proud of our guys in a way.

I think we'll be a good team (for the first time in years) next year

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Congrats to the Cats, you got us again. I too think our guys fought hard and respect their effort a whole lot. I don't think our guys fighting and having heart has ever been the problem though.

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Went down about as I expected. Good game Cat fans. Anyone who watched you all year knew you're better than your record

I'm not even mad. The team could of wilted. But they fought to the end. And I thought Gresch played a complete hell of a game for a freshman coming off a concussion. They blitzed nearly every play it seemed and not only did he not take a sack, but made a number of plays. I know it won't be a popular opinion, and I'm sure eGriz is on fire, but I'm proud of our guys in a way.

I think we'll be a good team (for the first time in years) next year
Egriz is always on fire.

Hats off to the cats.

This one hurts.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 18th, 2017, 09:13 PM
It doesn't hurt because I expected this loss for about 14 months

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 09:43 PM
It doesn't hurt because I expected this loss for about 14 months

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See, thats what I do....I set my expectations low, so that when your low expectations are met its not so disappointing.