PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ Ill State: 11/18

Pages : [1] 2

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Might as well start this thread nice and early....:D

Any Bison fans going down to this one? I know of a couple of AGS Bison guys going.

It will be interesting to see which QB for Ill State plays in this game. My hunch it will be Broadnax because of his dual threat capability. The Bison defense needs to be ready for his scrambling and running the ball. His passing is not the greatest. Looks like the Redbirds have a decent OL and they can run the ball. Big test for the Bison defense.

Hopefully the ES of yesterday shows up next Saturday or it will be a long day for the Bison. No turnovers will be huge.

It will be my first game at Ill State. Looking forward to it.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Might as well start this thread nice and early....:D

Any Bison fans going down to this one? I know of a couple of AGS Bison guys going.

It will be interesting to see which QB for Ill State plays in this game. My hunch it will be Broadnax because of his dual threat capability. The Bison defense needs to be ready for his scrambling and running the ball. His passing is not the greatest. Looks like the Redbirds have a decent OL and they can run the ball. Big test for the Bison defense.

Hopefully the ES of yesterday shows up next Saturday or it will be a long day for the Bison. No turnovers will be huge.

It will be my first game at Ill State. Looking forward to it.

I think I have Thursday and Friday off. I might go down, but I will know tomorrow for sure. I was going to go with my dad since he lives in Wheaton and we would have made it a father-son trip, but he is forced to go Montreal next Saturday for work, so I am on the fence. Would love to go down there and take in the game, but I will have to see if I can get a friend to go instead.

NDSUtk
November 12th, 2017, 09:57 AM
You flying or driving?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Stay away from the Kool-Aid bison and you'll blow this thing wide open

4 touchdown victory

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 10:14 AM
I think I have Thursday and Friday off. I might go down, but I will know tomorrow for sure. I was going to go with my dad since he lives in Wheaton and we would have made it a father-son trip, but he is forced to go Montreal next Saturday for work, so I am on the fence. Would love to go down there and take in the game, but I will have to see if I can get a friend to go instead.

Make the trip!

Not that bad of drive from the cities. I made it from NW MN to Terre Haute in a little over 12 hours....Normal should be a pie of cake...:D....although making these drives is pretty easy when you're use to driving a semi long distances....xthumbsupx

- - - Updated - - -

You flying or driving?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Driving for me.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Make the trip!

Not that bad of drive from the cities. I made it from NW MN to Terre Haute in a little over 12 hours....Normal should be a pie of cake...:D....although making these drives is pretty easy when you're use to driving a semi long distances....xthumbsupx

- - - Updated - - -

Driving for me.

So I cover gas and you get me there? :D

It has already been established I am a horrible driver and I actually hate driving. It is a supposed 6:40 drive, so I could do it in about 6 give or take.

semobison
November 12th, 2017, 10:22 AM
The Bison defense will have to switch gears this week after playing high powered passing teams the last two weeks. The Redbirds are a more traditional Valley team. They want to run the ball and stop the run. Robinson IMO is the best rb in the Valley. Offensively the Bison are coming off a great game against USD. Was the Yotes defense that bad without a few of their starters or is the Bison offense figuring things out? I sure hope it's the latter.

Redbird 4th & short
November 12th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Huge game for my Redbirds ... win, and we should be lock for playoffs. lose and 90% likely out. But if we lose competitive game to NDSU, i think our resume deserves an at large .. with big wins over USD, YSU, and tough losses to SDSU and NDSU. Our SOS is worth at least 1 game ... that is 6-5 against top 10 SOS is arguably as good or better than 7-4 against 40th ranked SOS, and even 8-3 against 60th ranked SOS.

But realistically speaking, I doubt we would get in unless a lot of the bubble games start falling our way.

If I had to guess about QB position, I think we'll possibly platoon Kolbe and Broadnax .. maybe 70/30, if Kolbe recovered enough. Kolbe was injured but did dress yesterday just in case.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Huge game for my Redbirds ... win, and we should be lock for playoffs. lose and 90% likely out. But if we lose competitive game to NDSU, i think our resume deserves an at large .. with big wins over USD, YSU, and tough losses to SDSU and NDSU. Our SOS is worth at least 1 game ... that is 6-5 against top 10 SOS is arguably as good or better than 7-4 against 40th ranked SOS, and even 8-3 against 60th ranked SOS.

But realistically speaking, I doubt we would get in unless a lot of the bubble games start falling our way.

If I had to guess about QB position, I think we'll possibly platoon Kolbe and Broadnax .. maybe 70/30, if Kolbe recovered enough. Kolbe was injured but did dress yesterday just in case.
I don't think ISUr has any chance at 6-5. 2015 WIU had a hellaciously tough schedule with no bad losses and multiple good wins and 2016 ISUr had an FBS win among multiple good wins as well. 2017 ISUr at 6-5 would have one good win in USD (and if they lose to SDSU that may not look so good anymore either), no FBS wins, and a bad loss against SIU. Given the strength of the bubble this year it's not going to happen for them at 6-5. They need to win this Saturday or they'll be gorging themselves come turkey day.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 11:28 AM

Any guesses on the attendance for this one?

Saturday's weather, as of now, says 43 and windy (22mph).

Redbird 4th & short
November 12th, 2017, 11:59 AM
I don't think ISUr has any chance at 6-5. 2015 WIU had a hellaciously tough schedule with no bad losses and multiple good wins and 2016 ISUr had an FBS win among multiple good wins as well. 2017 ISUr at 6-5 would have one good win in USD (and if they lose to SDSU that may not look so good anymore either), no FBS wins, and a bad loss against SIU. Given the strength of the bubble this year it's not going to happen for them at 6-5. They need to win this Saturday or they'll be gorging themselves come turkey day.

95% agreed .. we do have weak losses that can't be ignored. I just think the bubble is weak this year, and a lot of teams have several blemishes. So a 6-5 team with top 10 SOS ought to be considered, if not picked.

I also realize that MVFC getting 6 teams would be serious precedence. But the way it stands today, we have, in order: NDSU, SDSU, arguably WIU/USD next, then ISU/UNI .. both of which could finish 7-4 .. so 6 MVFC teams ought to be a strong consideration this year ... but a 6th MVFC team at 6-5 is not likely, even if deserved.

Redbird 4th & short
November 12th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Any guesses on the attendance for this one?

Saturday's weather, as of now, says 43 and windy (22mph).

Frisco Ticketgate 2.0 coming soon to a stadium near Normal, IL ... everyone is already lawyering up :D

It is our senior day, which is almost always the saturday before Thanksgiving .. which means we usually get around 5-7k.

In 2014 (Natty run year) we had 7,300 .. 51 degrees, so weather was not an issue
In 2015 (got 2 seed), we had 5,000 against USD, but it was a snow blizzard
In 2016 (6-5, up and down year), we had just 7,200 .. 51 degrees, and it was not fall break for students

It is so hard to say .. but unlike Bison, our fans have excuses .. seriously legit excuses xeyebrowx

- classes end this friday for Thanksgiving week break .. so most students are gone
- weather .. no dome certainly a factor; our fab base has proven to be fair weather, forecast is 43 cloudy, and very windy
- HS playoffs .. 4 area teams still in playoffs which play saturday afternoon usually; our luke warm town support, chills for HS playoffs
- 50 years of program lethargy prior to Spack

But the sports admin is doing better to promote football and this year our fan base has stepped up to highest average per game in 10 years. So given how big this game is, I would guess we could have close to 9 or 10k ourselves.

But to answer your question ... if weather is decent, would hope we might get 10k and you guys filled it up with the other 3,400 for sell out .. would be a great game environment, especially with my Redbirds playing for their playoff lives !!

mmiller_34
November 12th, 2017, 01:23 PM
.. 51 degrees, so weather was not an issue
In 2015 (got 2 seed), we had 5,000 against USD, but it was a snow blizzard ..

:D As opposed to a....

rain blizzard? or a dust blizzard? xlolx

Bison56
November 12th, 2017, 01:51 PM
:D As opposed to a....

rain blizzard? or a dust blizzard? xlolx

It was a dairy queen blizzard.

Schism55
November 12th, 2017, 02:10 PM
LOL! Sooo much win!
Well played good sir!

mmiller_34
November 12th, 2017, 04:33 PM

Haha. Ah yes, how foolish of me to forget about that type of blizzard. xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2017, 05:51 PM
****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 05:56 PM
****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.

The one in Moorhead MN is the only one worth a ****, and they are probably closed for the season now.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 06:22 PM
****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.

The one in Moorhead MN is the only one worth a ****, and they are probably closed for the season now.

^ This

Honestly, if JSU were to do a H-H, come to Fargo and stop there. It is the best DQ I have ever had and it is not even close.

katss07
November 12th, 2017, 06:28 PM
This should be a really fun game. I would like to say this is an elimination for the Redbirds, but they made it in at 6-5 last season. Despite that, the bubble is too strong. Unless 5 or 6 bubble teams lose anything but a win won’t cut it.

An NDSU loss makes things interesting. How far would they fall? 3 spots? Maybe 4 spots? Who knows, I don’t think NDSU will lose this one though. ISUr has been extremely inconsistent. Ill take the Bison winning a close one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 06:33 PM
This should be a really fun game. I would like to say this is an elimination for the Redbirds, but they made it in at 6-5 last season. Despite that, the bubble is too strong. Unless 5 or 6 bubble teams lose anything but a win won’t cut it.

An NDSU loss makes things interesting. How far would they fall? 3 spots? Maybe 4 spots? Who knows, I don’t think NDSU will lose this one though. ISUr has been extremely inconsistent. Ill take the Bison winning a close one.

This is a good matchup for the Bison.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2017, 06:40 PM
That's true but I thought SDSU was a good matchup for the Bison as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 06:45 PM
That's true but I thought SDSU was a good matchup for the Bison as well.

Not as much but 5 turnovers will never win you any game.

SUPharmacist
November 12th, 2017, 08:34 PM

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/07/23/moorhead-dq

Doing it their own way.

Bison56
November 12th, 2017, 08:38 PM

This guy speaks the truth, it's not even close.

Thumper 76
November 13th, 2017, 02:22 AM
****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.

Culver’s whips the dog**** out of DQ and it’s not even a contest. It’s like y’alls game vs MVSU this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
November 13th, 2017, 06:50 AM

I think this one will go the way of the Bison, but I thought that NDSU would handle SDSU. SDSU has been fairly inconsistent and it looked like you guys had the edge at most positions. They just played better. Better hope NDSU comes out with energy and is ready to go. Thr Redbirds will be fighting for their playoff lives.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2017, 06:57 AM
I think this one will go the way of the Bison, but I thought that NDSU would handle SDSU. SDSU has been fairly inconsistent and it looked like you guys had the edge at most positions. They just played better. Better hope NDSU comes out with energy and is ready to go. Thr Redbirds will be fighting for their playoff lives.

SDSU deserved to win that game but 5 Bison turnovers did them no favors but that is over now.

I suspect Spack will play the FR QB in this one because of his mobility. Kolbe is not as mobile. The FR QB is not as good of thrower so maybe Kolbe will play some.

Mobile QBs have given NDSU trouble in the past so I suspect the FR will play a lot. But if NDSU can limit the running game, the Redbirds are in trouble with the FR in there.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2017, 07:10 AM
SDSU deserved to win that game but 5 Bison turnovers did them no favors but that is over now.

I suspect Spack will play the FR QB in this one because of his mobility. Kolbe is not as mobile. The FR QB is not as good of thrower so maybe Kolbe will play some.

Mobile QBs have given NDSU trouble in the past so I suspect the FR will play a lot. But if NDSU can limit the running game, the Redbirds are in trouble with the FR in there.
Or if NDSU is able to build a two score lead in the 2nd half we may see Kolbe then since they may have to go away from the run game more in that scenario.

Gil Dobie
November 13th, 2017, 07:27 AM

I watched part of the game against SDSU. Broadnax give the Redbirds a dual threat, something the Bison have trouble with at times.

Bison56
November 13th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Culver’s whips the dog**** out of DQ and it’s not even a contest. It’s like y’alls game vs MVSU this year.

I really thought we could have been good friends, but then you go and post something like this. Words cannot describe my disappointment.xbawlingx

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 08:17 AM

Only a sconie would say something along these lines.

BisonBacker
November 13th, 2017, 08:44 AM

Not the Moorhead DQ. Not even a contest. If you think so you've never been to the Moorhead DQ. Culvers is Meh at best.

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2017, 09:40 AM

This. Butterburgers and Concrete Mixers FTW.

Seriously though guys.....if we are back to bragging up chain restaurants as "must stops" when they come to our area.....Im going to lose it. xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Not the Moorhead DQ. Not even a contest. If you think so you've never been to the Moorhead DQ. Culvers is Meh at best.

Seriously though guys.....if we are back to bragging up chain restaurants as "must stops" when they come to our area.....Im going to lose it. xlolx

Give me a butterburger with Moorhead DQ and a side of Jack's Pizza. There now we have settled the argument.

Thumper 76
November 13th, 2017, 10:58 AM
I’ve had the Moorhead DQ. It was OK.

Truth to both statements. But if I’m doing a fast food ice cream chains hierarchy it goes Culver’s, A&W, then DQ.

Bisonoline
November 13th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Only a sconie would say something along these lines.

Hes got a point.

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Hes got a point.

Yeah....if there is one thing you defer to Sconnies....its heart destroying, high calorie, fast food. #themoreyouknow. :D

REALBird
November 13th, 2017, 01:21 PM
****. Now I want DQ.

thanks.

As of 2009, Bloomington/Normal had the largest DQ Grill and Chill in the nation. Come on down.

http://www.pantagraph.com/business/nation-s-largest-dairy-queen-grill-chill-set-for-b/article_766dcc72-ee81-11de-92c8-001cc4c002e0.html

REALBird
November 13th, 2017, 01:26 PM
I’ve had the Moorhead DQ. It was OK.

Truth to both statements. But if I’m doing a fast food ice cream chains hierarchy it goes Culver’s, A&W, then DQ.

They just opened an Oberweis Ice Cream/That Burger Joint in Blo/No in the last month. Haven't had the Oberweis Ice Cream yet. Any reviews you'd like to give or do they have any in ND?

Bison56
November 13th, 2017, 01:31 PM

Whats wrong with Applebees? :D

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 01:39 PM

https://i.imgur.com/1MNbLkz.png

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2017, 03:02 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a6224c2951f397b71ce896ccf4f7632c/tenor.gif?itemid=4858643

Bisonoline
November 13th, 2017, 03:29 PM

xnonoxxnonoxxnonoxxnonox

Serpentor
November 13th, 2017, 03:51 PM
What, did the Applebees CEO say something racist or something?

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 03:59 PM
What, did the Applebees CEO say something racist or something?

Fargo=Capital of Chain Restaurants

You should have seen people line-up/camp out at Chipotle when the first opened up.

http://www.prairiebusinessmagazine.com/business/3973526-chipotle-fans-camp-out-ahead-fargo-store-opening

http://www.inforum.com/news/3674574-chipotle-hosts-invite-only-party-formal-opening

It is pathetic how people would rather eat Applebee's than go to Mezzaluna, Wurst, Romo's (before they closed), etc...

Serpentor
November 13th, 2017, 04:17 PM

You should have seen people line-up/camp out at Chipotle when the first opened up.

http://www.prairiebusinessmagazine.com/business/3973526-chipotle-fans-camp-out-ahead-fargo-store-opening

http://www.inforum.com/news/3674574-chipotle-hosts-invite-only-party-formal-opening

It is pathetic how people would rather eat Applebee's than go to Mezzaluna, Wurst, Romo's (before they closed), etc...

Well heck man, that's pretty much every American town. I was in Lodi, Ohio once, story on the front page of the newspaper was the new Burger King opening up...

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Well heck man, that's pretty much every American town. I was in Lodi, Ohio once, story on the front page of the newspaper was the new Burger King opening up...

People think Sonic and Chipotle are a godsend to Fargo though. Did they camp out in the winter for it though? xlolx

centennial
November 13th, 2017, 05:41 PM
People think Sonic and Chipotle are a godsend to Fargo though. Did they camp out in the winter for it though? xlolx

You need to be a special kind of crazy to camp for a restaurant, especially Chipotle. Blah Mexican food for $7.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 05:45 PM
You need to be a special kind of crazy to camp for a restaurant, especially Chipotle. Blah Mexican food for $7.

Welcome to Fargo...

I'd get it if it was an In-N-Out Burger, but when this happened, I laughed at how desperate some of these people were for wannabe "Mexican" food.

Until someone has had In-N-Out, they just do not know.

Kemo
November 13th, 2017, 07:46 PM
The key factor in this game will be whether the Redbirds' O-line can consistently block well enough to allow their running backs to get to the 2nd level of the Bison defense.

I'm of the opinion that James Robinson is the best back in the conference once he reaches full speed (Markel Smith is no slouch either), but if a defense forces Robinson (and Markel) to make his cuts before he gets past the line of scrimmage he is less dangerous. I just don't see Illinois State winning this match up against the Bison if their RBs don't have a big game.

Thundar
November 13th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Welcome to Fargo...

I'd get it if it was an In-N-Out Burger, but when this happened, I laughed at how desperate some of these people were for wannabe "Mexican" food.

Meh, it actually has shifted, more local than chain. Seen it swing the past couple years

Twentysix
November 13th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Welcome to Fargo...

In-N-Out is basically nice mcdonalds. I just don't get what non-SoCal people have with that restaurant. They grew up with it as a cultural icon, but if you didn't have that its literally just hype.

Thumper 76
November 13th, 2017, 08:38 PM
They just opened an Oberweis Ice Cream/That Burger Joint in Blo/No in the last month. Haven't had the Oberweis Ice Cream yet. Any reviews you'd like to give or do they have any in ND?
Never heard of it.

In-N-Out is basically nice mcdonalds. I just don't get what non-SoCal people have with that restaurant. They grew up with it as a cultural icon, but if you didn't have that its literally just hype.

YUP

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 09:03 PM

They might have some of the best "fast-food" burgers out there. Right up there with ShakeShack and Five Guys.

Never heard of it.

YUP

Remember that time we used to agree on a lot of things. Where did those days go?

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2017, 09:49 PM
In-N-Out Burger is horrifically overrated.

clenz
November 13th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Just had this argument on Twitter

Culver’s. If you say anything else, you’re wrong.

cx500d
November 13th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Welcome to Fargo...

Yeah, when in-n-out moved in to DFW, it was crazy for a while...Now they are like any other place....Thanks for reminding me, I have a free coupon for a double double meal that expires on 11/19....

Its OK, but down here Whataburger is king, and for good reason.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Yeah, when in-n-out moved in to DFW, it was crazy for a while...Now they are like any other place....Thanks for reminding me, I have a free coupon for a double double meal that expires on 11/19....

Its OK, but down here Whataburger is king, and for good reason.

I do love me some Whataburger when I go and visit family down in Texas.

djohnk
November 13th, 2017, 11:16 PM
In-N-Out Burger is horrifically overrated.

I agree, tried it a couple of times, much prefer Five Guys to them.

Thumper 76
November 14th, 2017, 03:28 AM
They might have some of the best "fast-food" burgers out there. Right up there with ShakeShack and Five Guys.

Remember that time we used to agree on a lot of things. Where did those days go?

They left when you started to be wrong a lot xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2017, 06:24 AM
Redbird fans: Food establishments to check out in Normal before the game??

Bison56
November 14th, 2017, 06:36 AM

I bet you do.

http://yallknowwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/gt3.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiwg_2Cir7XAhXHi1QKHTSFBLIQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fyallknowwhat.com%2F%3Fp%3D5436&psig=AOvVaw2SvSYdThqiwrlDkEmwmhJa&ust=1510749336464370)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2017, 07:30 AM
If NDSU wins on Saturday it will be very impressive to win the conference outright with all of the injuries the Bison have had this year.

Serpentor
November 14th, 2017, 07:32 AM

Zoe Quinn, is that you?

POD Knows
November 14th, 2017, 07:40 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI am a restaurant snob and don't each fast food a lot but will eat Culvers burgers, they are actually pretty decent, I was sort of surprised.

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2017, 08:03 AM
They left when you started to be wrong a lot xcoffeex

Was that a shot fired? Even after all of those Coors Lights and Rooters escapades?

Redbird 4th & short
November 14th, 2017, 08:34 AM
The key factor in this game will be whether the Redbirds' O-line can consistently block well enough to allow their running backs to get to the 2nd level of the Bison defense.

I'm of the opinion that James Robinson is the best back in the conference once he reaches full speed (Markel Smith is no slouch either), but if a defense forces Robinson (and Markel) to make his cuts before he gets past the line of scrimmage he is less dangerous. I just don't see Illinois State winning this match up against the Bison if their RBs don't have a big game.

largely true especially in bad weather.

By the way, Markel Smith is a beast .. just not as nimble as Robinson. But both move well for their size, and can punish tacklers. So you are right once they get beyond line of scrimmage .. hard to bring down.

- - - Updated - - -

largely true especially in bad weather.

By the way, Markel Smith is a beast .. just not as nimble as Robinson. But both move well for their size, and can punish tacklers. So you are right once they get beyond line of scrimmage .. hard to bring down.

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Now that I got Friday off, now I need to convince some of the guys to get down to Normal and watch the last regular season game for the Bison.

REALBird
November 14th, 2017, 10:56 AM

All on Veteran's Parkway:

1.) Portillo's Hot Dogs - Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Italian Beef, Ribs, Pasta, Salads, Burgers. Great Fries. If you go you have to have the Chocolate Cake Shake.
2.) Giordano's Pizza - Chicago Style Pizzeria. Just opened a month ago. Location is small, but the pizza is great. Be prepared to wait an hour for the Deep Dish.
3.) Oberweis Dairy/That Burger Joint - Burgers on one side, Ice Cream on the other. Had the Burger Joint already. Decent Burger, haven't had the Ice Cream yet.
4.) Desthil - Two options. You can eat at the Brewery (great craft beers), or the restaurant near Shoppes at College Hills. Love the Pizza, but also a fan of the Bison Burger. You can get a 4 pack of craft beers on your way out the door.
5.) Medici - Uptown Normal. Great Expresso Rubbed Steak, I've had the Woodfire Pizza as well.
6.) Maggie Miley's - Uptown Normal (Irish Food) - had a decent Corned Beef Sandwich, Fish & Chips, the potato pancakes....but honestly I'm not really big on Irish food. I'm a black guy from Chicago, so yeah....not my thing.
7.) Meathead's (local burger joint) started in Bloomington. Near campus on Main Street. Love the Cajun Fries, create your own burger definitely if you go.

After that it's a bunch of chain crap...... Chiptole, Noodle & Company, Potbelly, Jimmy John's, Pizza Hut, McDonald's, Papa John's all within 1/2 mile of the stadium. Chick-Fil-A, Blaze Pizza, Wing Stop, Chili's, Jason's Deli, Steak N Shake, Slim Chicken's (Chicken and Waffles), all on Veteran's Parkway.

Moe's Southwest Grill....North Normal near I-55, Rosati's Pizza (another Chicago Pizza place).

Tony's Taco's is a place literally across the street from the stadium. Decent Carne Asada tacos, but I prefer El Porton Taquiero (near Illinois Wesleyan). Tobin's Pizza just about 1 mile south of the Stadium...local favorite.

Depending on when you arrive.....Fort Jesse Café (a little off the beaten path). Great breakfast!!! I suggest the Cajun Skillet (Eggs, Andouille Sausage, Green Peppers, Red Pepper, Onions, Shrimp, Cajun Season) and Toast for about $8 bucks. Or they can wrap all that in a hellava breakfast burrito.

Joe's Stationhouse Pizza (near College Hills Mall) - great thin and thick crust Chicago Pizza.

Just depends on what you're in the mood for. Sadly, Blo/No. has the second most restaurants per capita to only Las Vegas. Corporate people love to eat I guess.

BirdFan 4Life
November 14th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Chicago Style- Portillo's (Italian Beef, Chili Cheese Dogs, Charbroiled Chicken, etc.) & Giordano's Chicago Style Pizza both just opened

Steak House- Jim's Steak House (upscale), Alexander's is a casual Steak House (pick your steak out and grill yourself inside/or they will do it for you) comes with a great Salad Bar/Baked Potato, etc.

Pizza- Joe's Station House, Tobin's, Lucca Grill, DP Dough (Calzone's in Uptown Normal)

Italian- Biaggi's (kinda upscale), Lucca Grill (DT Bloomington)

Greek- The Rock (Uptown Normal)

American/Modern - Medici (Uptown Normal), Baxter's (East Bloomington), DESITHL restaurant...they also just opened up a 6,700 sq.ft Brewery in North Normal right off I-55 with small plates (it's very impressive)

Farm to Table- Epiphany Farms (DT Bloomington)

Sports Bars - The Pub II (Uptown Normal), Schooner's, Mugsy's....and Maggie Miley's is a cool Irish Pub in Uptown Normal

Strip Club - Kappa Kabanna in Kappa, IL 15 minutes N of ISU

BirdFan 4Life
November 14th, 2017, 11:42 AM

Nothing else to really say then this. If we can run the ball we have about a 40W-60L chance. If we can't run the ball we have about a 10W-90L chance in this game. As our O-Line goes everything else follows. I'm expecting to see both QB's play Broadnax (dual) and Kolbe (passing). Last week hurt so it will be interesting to see how the Redbirds respond this weekend fighting for their playoff lives against a team in NDSU that wants to be seeded higher than SDSU.

Weather looks like it will be pretty crappy but hoping to see a lot of Bizon fans make the trip (G-82 is the RV lot @$25 https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/goredbirds.com/documents/2017/10/18/2017_Fan_Guide.pdf). Should be a fun game in "Football Weather" as Spack likes to say.

uni88
November 14th, 2017, 11:46 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkKopps. Sconies should know that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
November 14th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Kopps. Sconies should know that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kopps in Milwaukee right? Then we are talking custard, Ted Drews is St Louis gets the nod. Kopps is good as well. Havent had there regular food.

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Kopps in Milwaukee right? Then we are talking custard, Ted Drews is St Louis gets the nod. Kopps is good as well. Havent had there regular food.

Did some say Cossetta? :D

dewey
November 14th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Blog about the final regular season game against the Illinois State Redbirds.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-illinois-state-preview/

Dewey

cx500d
November 14th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Chicago Style- Portillo's (Italian Beef, Chili Cheese Dogs, Charbroiled Chicken, etc.) & Giordano's Chicago Style Pizza both just opened

Pizza- Joe's Station House, Tobin's, Lucca Grill, DP Dough (Calzone's in Uptown Normal)

What, no Caseys?

Redbird 4th & short
November 15th, 2017, 02:05 AM
Nothing else to really say then this. If we can run the ball we have about a 40W-60L chance. If we can't run the ball we have about a 10W-90L chance in this game. As our O-Line goes everything else follows. I'm expecting to see both QB's play Broadnax (dual) and Kolbe (passing). Last week hurt so it will be interesting to see how the Redbirds respond this weekend fighting for their playoff lives against a team in NDSU that wants to be seeded higher than SDSU.

Weather looks like it will be pretty crappy but hoping to see a lot of Bizon fans make the trip (G-82 is the RV lot @$25 https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/goredbirds.com/documents/2017/10/18/2017_Fan_Guide.pdf). Should be a fun game in "Football Weather" as Spack likes to say.

only thing to add from offensive perspective is question of how effectively we mix things up with read option and pass game to keep Bison guessing, so that we are less predictable in our run game.

defensively, we need to not let Eastick burn us deep like last year - you can bet we're watching a lot of tape there. It's not that we don't cover well .. just ask SDSU .. Goedert had just 1 catch. Wieneke had 5 catches for 52 yards, but was targeted 12 times. it's our cover schemes that too often leave CBs isolated. Most games, our pass defense is very good .. but some games, our pass cover schemes and techniques get exploited, and then snowball because teams give up trying to run. Our front 7 is very stout, and can run and hit - capable of controlling most OLs, and forcing teams into passing.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the eating info!

Weather says high of 49 with 70% change of rain with 20+ mph wind.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2017, 07:16 AM
only thing to add from offensive perspective is question of how effectively we mix things up with read option and pass game to keep Bison guessing, so that we are less predictable in our run game.

defensively, we need to not let Eastick burn us deep like last year - you can bet we're watching a lot of tape there. It's not that we don't cover well .. just ask SDSU .. Goedert had just 1 catch. Wieneke had 5 catches for 52 yards, but was targeted 12 times. it's our cover schemes that too often leave CBs isolated. Most games, our pass defense is very good .. but some games, our pass cover schemes and techniques get exploited, and then snowball because teams give up trying to run. Our front 7 is very stout, and can run and hit - capable of controlling most OLs, and forcing teams into passing.
This is the reason I don't think NDSU matches up particularly well with ISUr. If Stick throws the ball 30 times the Bison are out of their element and probably in trouble given the weather conditions but that's been the formula to beat ISUr this year. The Bison trump card is Stick's legs though and I think they'll need to rely on him running more than ever in this game.

I don't think either team scores very much this game. First team to 20 wins.

MarkG87
November 15th, 2017, 08:17 AM

Steak House- Jim's Steak House (upscale), Alexander's is a casual Steak House (pick your steak out and grill yourself inside/or they will do it for you) comes with a great Salad Bar/Baked Potato, etc.

Greek- The Rock (Uptown Normal)

American/Modern - Medici (Uptown Normal), Baxter's (East Bloomington), DESITHL restaurant...they also just opened up a 6,700 sq.ft Brewery in North Normal right off I-55 with small plates (it's very impressive)

Farm to Table- Epiphany Farms (DT Bloomington)

Sports Bars - The Pub II (Uptown Normal), Schooner's, Mugsy's....and Maggie Miley's is a cool Irish Pub in Uptown Normal

Strip Club - Kappa Kabanna in Kappa, IL 15 minutes N of ISU

I know I haven't been there in years, but I can't believe no one mentioned Avanti's.

Lorne_Malvo
November 15th, 2017, 11:46 AM

I expect the line at Chick-Fil-A to be a mile long when they open.

clenz
November 15th, 2017, 11:48 AM
If you don’t like CFA you can get out.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171115/04e9dd680c6a93c5aae8605a5fd75d14.jpg

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Well, when the one in Grand Forks opened up last month there were people camping overnight to be in the front of the line: http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/Campers-spend-a-chilly-night-outside-Chick-fil-A-awaiting-its-grand-opening-450407273.html

Although, to be fair, the first 100 customers got free Chick-Fil-A for a year. If there's anything us North Dakotans like better than chain restaurant food it's free chain restaurant food.

Bison56
November 15th, 2017, 01:34 PM
You forgot to add for weeks.

clenz
November 15th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Related to the game....I have to pull for ISUr - which means they'll get crushed.

A Bison loss gives UNI a share of the title.

We're getting petty around these parts and will take a shared title.

UNIFanSince1983
November 15th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Related to the game....I have to pull for ISUr - which means they'll get crushed.

A Bison loss gives UNI a share of the title.

We're getting petty around these parts and will take a shared title.

Only as long as we don't make a dump in the bed at home against the Trees.

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Only as long as we don't make a dump in the bed at home against the Trees.
If UNI loses to ISUb at home to end the season no one will have to worry about the playoffs because the apocalypse will likely be upon us.

Honestly, I'd take UNI -35 in that game. It's going to be a bloodbath.

BirdFan 4Life
November 15th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Coach Spack is saying both QB's will play this weekend but not who will start. If you watch the presser @Goredbirds.com it seems like something is going on with Kolbe and more will come out to the media after the game. He also said he would play 3 QB's in the game if it helped us win. I don't know if he is just being coy or if Kolbe is really hurt and can't throw the ball and Spack is considering playing QB's currently RS this year.

I don't know if Kolbe is hurt, benched for playing bad halves, etc. but I do remember a shot of him on the sidelines vs. SDSU towards the end of the game and he looked really pissed off. I'll be looking forward to see how our QB situation plays out on Saturday.

Coach Spack spent the first 4-5 minutes just praising the Bizon and saying how they look the same every year, run the same plays, have great position depth, etc. Pretty much what most people already know, they are a finely tuned machine.

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Coach Spack spent the first 4-5 minutes just praising the Bizon and saying how they look the same every year, run the same plays, have great position depth, etc. Pretty much what most people already know, they are a finely tuned machine.

Then you shouldn't have any issues beating us....Apparently SDSU figured it out. It took UND like 15 years to figure the Veer out, so we are getting about to that state here.

BirdFan 4Life
November 15th, 2017, 06:07 PM
I know I haven't been there in years, but I can't believe no one mentioned Avanti's.
As someone that has eaten over 1,000 gondolas growing up on B-N golf courses I think Avanti's is an ISU classic, but I wouldn't take someone from out of town there as a 1st choice. If you want some good quick sandwich food for a Tailgate I think you will enjoy the Gondola or Pizza Bread.

BirdFan 4Life
November 15th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Then you shouldn't have any issues beating us....Apparently SDSU figured it out. It took UND like 15 years to figure the Veer out, so we are getting about to that state here.

He also praised your defense and how difficult it is to score on/only get so many chances for Big Plays against NDSU.. so with our QB play I think we could have plenty of trouble.

BirdFan 4Life
November 15th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Any idea/guess how many NDSU fans are planning on coming down with a chance at an outright MVFC Title...100...500...1000?

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 06:22 PM
He also praised your defense and how difficult it is to score on/only get so many chances for Big Plays against NDSU.. so with our QB play I think we could have plenty of trouble.

Again, SDSU seems to have figured that out too.

Redbird 4th & short
November 15th, 2017, 06:30 PM
This is the reason I don't think NDSU matches up particularly well with ISUr. If Stick throws the ball 30 times the Bison are out of their element and probably in trouble given the weather conditions but that's been the formula to beat ISUr this year. The Bison trump card is Stick's legs though and I think they'll need to rely on him running more than ever in this game.

I don't think either team scores very much this game. First team to 20 wins.

putting aside possibility for big special team plays or turnovers, agree this is a 20 something to 20 something game.

As for Stick throwing, you guys figured out how to isolate or CBs last year on several plays .. that was what turned the game on us last year. Then we got on our heels. Redbird fans are really frustrated with our cover schemes and techniques ... it works really well when we are guys are better than their guys .. not so well when their guys are as good our better than our guys and with QBs who pu balls on the dime consistently. Note, we let guys like Streveler and Christian beat us underneath and take away everything else. One would expect same against guy like Stick .. problem there is NDSU runs better than most and protects better than most .. so it harder to dominate line of scrimmage and take you out of your game.

That said, we know you have 180 Brooks replacing 215 lb Dunn, and that he can run .. we're going to have hands full with his quicks/speed. But our front 7 is very good .. assuming they bring their A game, you will be impressed.

p.s. I can explain NAU game .. trap game, no early test games, underestimated them, and then Spack refused to factor in 7k elevation .. then snow balled on us. As for SIU game .. can not explain it other than this, Spack lost his team for a week after the NAU game. We would have zero fear facing NAU again in playoff .. especially in Normal, IL. But our defense is legit, but does have lapses in pass defense some games. Spack will have them playing for their playoff lives.

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 06:34 PM
That said, we know you have 180 Brooks replacing 215 lb Dunn, and that he can run .. we're going to have hands full with his quicks/speed. But our front 7 is very good .. assuming they bring their A game, you will be impressed.

If only we had @SouthernSpeedTM

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2017, 08:14 PM

I have that about 1x every 3 weeks or so. I love the Sweet Tea.

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 08:17 PM
...I love the Sweet Tea.

https://media.giphy.com/media/EiCQzmzE5HLaw/giphy.gif

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2017, 08:32 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/EiCQzmzE5HLaw/giphy.gif

So some of my friends call me Sweet Tea since when I make a gallon of tea, I will put 6-7 cups of sugar in it. Yeah, Sweet Tea is the idea of perfection, mixed in with a little bourbon. xlolx

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2017, 08:36 PM
As someone that has eaten over 1,000 gondolas growing up on B-N golf courses I think Avanti's is an ISU classic, but I wouldn't take someone from out of town there as a 1st choice. If you want some good quick sandwich food for a Tailgate I think you will enjoy the Gondola or Pizza Bread.

Explain Gondola?

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 08:43 PM
So some of my friends call me Sweet Tea since when I make a gallon of tea, I will put 6-7 cups of sugar in it. Yeah, Sweet Tea is the idea of perfection, mixed in with a little bourbon. xlolx

All right Sweet Tea...Can't you change your profile name?

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2017, 08:45 PM
All right Sweet Tea...Can't you change your profile name?

I earned TheKingpin28 due to the fact I was born on the 28th and with some of the college crew, TheKingpin is a running joke.

Redbird 4th & short
November 15th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Explain Gondola?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHMW524Kf5Hhp0KDN2p6t3cK9QzF2fO R8uoG3uDiIgmRzk4Emy0Q (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2Fas2y2. jpg%3Fa419616&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Fmemegenerato r%2F18106346%2FShocked-Monkey&docid=7NrdErAenqQecM&tbnid=sT-z4ZK5Nrmn3M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjd74GljMLXAhVE_IMKHfekA2EQMwiGAigAMAA. .i&w=620&h=620&client=safari&bih=816&biw=1199&q=shock%20meme&ved=0ahUKEwjd74GljMLXAhVE_IMKHfekA2EQMwiGAigAMAA&iact=mrc&uact=8)

BisonFan02
November 15th, 2017, 08:58 PM
I earned TheKingpin28 due to the fact I was born on the 28th and with some of the college crew, TheKingpin is a running joke.

TheWidowmaker28

cx500d
November 15th, 2017, 08:59 PM
http://www.thenoblehousetravels.com/dap/images/Romance/NHT_Venice_gondola_S2_NEW.jpg

or

https://www.odt.co.nz/sites/default/files/story/2016/10/Skyline_Queenstown_Gondola.jpg

clenz
November 15th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Sweat Tea is ****ing hideous.

JSUSoutherner
November 15th, 2017, 09:04 PM

RT

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2017, 09:10 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHMW524Kf5Hhp0KDN2p6t3cK9QzF2fO R8uoG3uDiIgmRzk4Emy0Q (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2Fas2y2. jpg%3Fa419616&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Fmemegenerato r%2F18106346%2FShocked-Monkey&docid=7NrdErAenqQecM&tbnid=sT-z4ZK5Nrmn3M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjd74GljMLXAhVE_IMKHfekA2EQMwiGAigAMAA. .i&w=620&h=620&client=safari&bih=816&biw=1199&q=shock%20meme&ved=0ahUKEwjd74GljMLXAhVE_IMKHfekA2EQMwiGAigAMAA&iact=mrc&uact=8)

Ive never heard that term used for that sandwich.

BirdFan 4Life
November 15th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Explain Gondola?
Ham, Cheese, Salami, Lettuce, Sweet Bread. The bread is why people eat the sandwich and probably the pasta they serve as well. If you don't mind eating 1,000 calories or more in just bread it is worth it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26512&stc=1

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2017, 09:13 PM
TheWidowmaker28

I still don't get how I am the Widowmaker.

You say you like CFA and you don't get Sweet Tea. That is a travesty.

Bisonoline
November 15th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Ham, Cheese, Salami, Lettuce, Sweet Bread. The bread is why people eat the sandwich and probably the pasta they serve as well. If you don't mind eating 1,000 calories or more in just bread it is worth it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26512&stc=1

Yep looked it up online. As a matter of fact they have the recipe for the bread online as well.

Redbird 4th & short
November 15th, 2017, 09:17 PM

Avantis is a glaring omission ... but a good list otherwise - here is the goto item for ones I've been too:

Avanati's - broad menu .. get anything with their fresh baked bread, including the Gondola Sandwich .. but get anything with their bread. Not high end .. so student friendly menu

Portillos - Italian Beef, with mozzarella, sweet peppers, recommend juice on side for dipping .. though eating it wet is totally allowed, just a wonderfulness ... want to man it up further, go with the Big Beef .. next level is to do the italian beef-sausage combo.

.... see the history of Portillo's: https://www.portillos.com/our-story/
.... recent sale: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20160319/ISSUE01/160319766/hot-dog-baron-dick-portillo-plows-restaurant-wealth-into-real-estate
.... started with small 6' x 12' trailer hut, grew to a 35 stores, mostly Chicago ... and sold this for 1 billion dollars .. look it up. And the 1 billion did not include the land Dick Portillo owns for almost all of this restaurants .. so he is now a consultant and landlord to his Portillo's
--- one of the 1st new locations was opened in BloNo.

Giordanos - stuffed pizza .. which means all ingredients under a lot of cheese, with tomato sauce on top .. pretty sure I've covered this before .. get some pizza religion people. Casey's is a gas station.

Alexander - pretty good steak house .. kind of cool picking the steak and watching it cook - just pick your favorite and enjoy

The Rock - 3 great options ... Gyros, Gyros, and .. uh .. Gyros - all 3 are good; plate or pita sandwich, with cucumber sauce, tomato, onion ... side of fries (crunchy exterior)

Medici and Desthil .. both very good contemporary menu's

Redbird 4th & short
November 15th, 2017, 09:19 PM
http://www.thenoblehousetravels.com/dap/images/Romance/NHT_Venice_gondola_S2_NEW.jpg

or

https://www.odt.co.nz/sites/default/files/story/2016/10/Skyline_Queenstown_Gondola.jpg
the former of the 2 pictures is close in size to Avanti's Gondola

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Rain chance is up to 90% now for Saturday. Wind still 20+ mph.

Who can run the ball and hang on to it......

Bison56
November 16th, 2017, 07:04 AM

I thought maybe you had 1 hand and where good at bowling.

Redbird 4th & short
November 16th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Rain chance is up to 90% now for Saturday. Wind still 20+ mph.

Who can run the ball and hang on to it......

looks like rain will break in 1st half ... but note, this morning rain will kill any mojo we were building for a 10k crowd for this game. With rain and wind, combined with "cool" .. number will likely drop closer to 6k plus what Bison bring. But we will likely have lot season ticket holder no shows on home/east side and very limited student section.

interestingly, we were averaging 12.3k (butts in seats) to this point and it is the high water mark for lats 10 or so years. But any chance we had for 10k is "gone with the wind" and rain. This is who we are right now .. making progress, but still have lot of fair weather fans.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2017, 09:30 AM
I thought maybe you had 1 hand and where good at bowling.

Nah, but that is one of my favorite films. I love bowling but am god awful at it. My bowling game is like my basketball game, it is non-existent.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2017, 01:03 PM
looks like rain will break in 1st half ... but note, this morning rain will kill any mojo we were building for a 10k crowd for this game. With rain and wind, combined with "cool" .. number will likely drop closer to 6k plus what Bison bring. But we will likely have lot season ticket holder no shows on home/east side and very limited student section.

interestingly, we were averaging 12.3k (butts in seats) to this point and it is the high water mark for lats 10 or so years. But any chance we had for 10k is "gone with the wind" and rain. This is who we are right now .. making progress, but still have lot of fair weather fans.

Any of the Redbird fans on here tailgate?

If so, where? Would like to stop by and say Hi!

UpstateBison
November 16th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Need to have an AGS tailgate meeting!

Redbird 4th & short
November 16th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Any of the Redbird fans on here tailgate?

If so, where? Would like to stop by and say Hi!

Given it is game 11 and rough forecast, there will be much slimmer tailgate pickings. But your best bet is the CindyGate crew .. they are legendary fans and tailgaters. Below is directions for their tailgate.

... "Cindygate is the place to be. Many RBF contributors there. Bring whatever you can carry. We are on the grass, just off Redbird Arena and College Ave. Look for the Cindygate flag. Great group of diehard Redbird fans."

Other option is lot G83, just north of stadium. But this is private lot for higher rollers .. so they tend to be more fair weather .. so this lot will have some diehards, but otherwise half empty this week. So you can walk in here, but can not drive in .. even if lot is half empty. Ask for guy named Troy or Mark & Lisa along the fence on west side of G83.

Otherwise, it is pot luck for bad weather game this late in season.

Link below will show you how to find the 2 mentioned above .. plus parking.

https://parking.illinoisstate.edu/images/Parking-Map.jpg

WeAreThePride
November 16th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Bison will whip the birds like rented mules. 35-10, game's over after the first drive of halftime.

cx500d
November 16th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Bison will whip the birds like rented mules. 35-10, game's over after the first drive of halftime.

I thought i saw that same prediction , replace birds with jacks, a few weeks ago....

Thumper 76
November 16th, 2017, 08:53 PM
I thought i saw that same prediction , replace birds with jacks, a few weeks ago....

This guys posts remind me of somebody.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2017, 08:54 PM
This guys posts remind me of somebody.

Suck it. xlolx

Bisonwinagn
November 16th, 2017, 11:17 PM
This feels like a 20-10 game. Bison defense will be too strong, but they will struggle to score. They will do just enough to win and move on to a top seed in the playoffs.

BNATION
November 17th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Wish my Bookie had a 1st half bet on this game I'd slam the redbirds. 2nd half will be a different story. Bison (with a s you South Canadians) will stampede after the break.

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Wish my Bookie had a 1st half bet on this game I'd slam the redbirds. 2nd half will be a different story. Bison (with a s you South Canadians) will stampede after the break.

How do you say raisin...or the word rise? :D

Hammerhead
November 17th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Weather forecast looks cool and rainy all night and through gametime. Next year NDSU will only have 2 games outdoors with 2 road games in domes.

BirdFan 4Life
November 17th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Anyone looking for shelter or potentially free tickets look for the Pirate Flag near Redbird Arena lot (F-62) / near Cindygate.

Probably won’t nut up until around 9:30am with the weather forecast looking worse and worse.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Monsoon and lightning right now....hope it quits...

POD Knows
November 18th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Weather forecast looks cool and rainy all night and through gametime. Next year NDSU will only have 2 games outdoors with 2 road games in domes.Yea, and 7 home games and 4 away games, how often does that happen. Pretty sweet.

Redbird 4th & short
November 18th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Monsoon and lightning right now....hope it quits...

careful what you wish for .. when this monsoon and lighting quits, the temp starts dropping and winds pick up .. so pick your poison .. except lightning stops game, so definitely need that warmer system to move out.

WeAreThePride
November 18th, 2017, 09:09 AM

Statistically, that prediction is right more often than not.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Here we go

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:09 PM
The run game looks solid so far for the Bison.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 12:12 PM
ISUr defense does two things.

Stuff the run.

or

Give up 10YPC.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:14 PM
NDSU shoots themselves in the foot by taking 7+ minutes off the clock and then finding a way to move themselves out of field goal range.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Good stand by ISUr to get off the field.

Bison56
November 18th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Good stand by ISUr to get off the field.

I imagine you are a huge ISUr fan today.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:20 PM
A perfect 3 and out for the Bison. They should get the ball around the 40yd line or so after the punt.

Kolbe got the start btw.

EDIT: The wind took that punt and got it to the 33yd instead.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 12:20 PM
I imagine you are a huge ISUr fan today.
I guess you could say that.

Still was a good stand by the defense. Got good pressure on Stick on the second down to set up third and forever.

Bison D forces a quick three and out.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:22 PM
BRUUUUUUUUUCE is so good.

The Bison have consistently been blessed with solid and/or great RBs.

katss07
November 18th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Fourthandshort, how many in the crowd? Just turned the game on. Nice run by NDSU.

Bison56
November 18th, 2017, 12:24 PM
ISUr d stepping up big again.

JSUSoutherner
Anderson doing work.

dewey
Two good drives for NDSU so far.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Seriously?

The ISUr defense shows up inside the 30, but before that, does not exist? I guess it is a bend but not break mentality and working out so far.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Another big stop for Illinois State. Getting pressure at the right times.

Great punt!

grizband
November 18th, 2017, 12:26 PM
NDSU punts to the 1 yard line.

Come on Bison, bubble teams everywhere are cheering for you today!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
November 18th, 2017, 12:26 PM
We run the ball and then get sacked on the pass. AHHHHH run the ****ing ball.

centennial
November 18th, 2017, 12:27 PM
ISUr lucky that it is raining. A sloppy game favors the weaker team.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 12:29 PM
The Bison O drives me ****ing nuts.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Once again, the Bison stop them before they can do anything.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 12:30 PM
ISUr lucky that it is raining. A sloppy game favors the weaker team.
Disagree. This should be a game where the more dominant team wins.

This will be won and lost in the trenches. It may be "closer" than normal but I don't think it favors either team.

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 12:38 PM
A good first quarter by NDSU. The offense controlled the first quarter and moved the ball relatively deep into ISU territory. Points would have been nice though.

Defense dominated.

Good punts by Koonce.

Dewey

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Just ugly.....

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Great 1st down stop by NDSU. Probably a loss of about 15.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
Just ugly.....

They need to score on this next drive. I cannot bear to see another game where there is only 3 FGs made the entire game.

cx500d
Lost opportunities....Can't finish a drive.

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Another good series by the NDSU defense.

Dewey

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Lost opportunities....Can't finish a drive.

If I'm ISUr....I put just about everyone in the box. xlolx

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 12:44 PM

Its kind of what they are doing, especially once we get down to their 30 or so.

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 12:45 PM

That should be everyone's game plan every week. Especially this week in the rain and wind.

Good field position for NDSU at about midfield.

Dewey

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 12:45 PM
That should be everyone's game plan every week. Especially this week in the rain and wind.

Dewey

Pretty much.....and I don't think the Bison have a reliable answer to it.

centennial
November 18th, 2017, 12:46 PM
8 in the box. This will not work.

Bison56
November 18th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Chicken **** play calling will lose this game.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 12:47 PM
The wind makes a big 6 yard tackle for loss.

Forces third and long.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:49 PM
The wind makes a big 6 yard tackle for loss.

Forces third and long.

They have the wind in their back. Ever tried to throw anything but a discus into the wind and rain? Stick to your marching band.

Bison56
November 18th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Someone give the camera guy a towel please.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Chicken **** play calling will lose this game.

That is very apparent

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 12:51 PM
They have the wind in their back. Ever tried to throw anything but a discus into the wind and rain? Stick to your marching band.
Sounds like excuses to me.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 12:52 PM

He's a blower....

No I see some sleet coming down....miserable

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Koonce and the punt coverage are having a great game so far.

That is really helping the defense.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Wind breaks a big 30 yard run.

Bison56
November 18th, 2017, 12:54 PM

xdeadhorsex it's getting close to this.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:55 PM
He's a blower....

No I see some sleet coming down....miserable

If I can hit a 30yd or so punt against the wind and the rain, I am damn happy. Now that sleet in becoming unreal.

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 12:56 PM
The snow is now coming down.

Dewey

BisonFan02
If I can hit a 30yd or so punt against the wind and the rain, I am damn happy. Now that sleet in becoming unreal.

No ****ing way are you punting a ball 30 yards....even with wind at your back. Stop. xlolx

centennial
I am guessing you've never played in the sleet and snow.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 12:58 PM
No ****ing way are you punting a ball 30 yards....even with wind at your back. Stop. xlolx

Ha. Next time I see you, assuming I can get up there during the playoffs, give me a ball and I will show you that I can and that is with jeans on.

dewey

If they ever have snow or sleet in Alabam the state shuts down.

Football? No way.

Dewey

dewey
Ha. Next time I see you, assuming I can get up there during the playoffs, give me a ball and I will show you that I can.

Are we going to do a pool bet?

Dewey

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Dang good stick by Allison to stop ISU short of the 1st down.

Dewey

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Ha. Next time I see you, assuming I can get up there during the playoffs, give me a ball and I will show you that I can and that is with jeans on.

Bring a tape measure and we'll prove you're not 5'10" too. xlolx

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Bring a tape measure and we'll prove you're not 6" too. xlolx

FYP

TheKingpin28
Are we going to do a pool bet?

Dewey

You and Laker come up and we get San Diego to come to Fargodome again with that one girl to show up and we can make this happen. If I can't hit 30yds, I would be embarrassed at myself.

JSUSoutherner
I haven't.

You should keep in mind I'm purely making fun of KP's inability to give credit where credit is due. The Redbirds D made plays and he's playing it off as the wind is stopping NDSU.

Thats some weak ****. Sorry but I don't see the committee taking any pity on a possible loss just because the weather sucked.

Do to ISUr what you guys did to us in 2015. Line up, run bitches over, and play football. Stop making excuses.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I haven't.

You should keep in mind I'm purely making fun of KP's inability to give credit where credit is due. The Redbirds D made plays and he's playing it off as the wind is stopping NDSU.

Thats some weak ****. Sorry but I don't see the committee taking any pity on a possible loss just because the weather sucked.

Do to ISUr what you guys did to us in 2015. Line up, run bitches over, and play football. Stop making excuses.

Oh there's no doubt redbird D is making the plays

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Bring a tape measure and we'll prove you're not 5'10" too. xlolx

You think I am a manlet? I am 5ft 10in. I am short, but no pipsqueak.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Snowbowl......first one to score wins.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 01:02 PM
I haven't.

Oh there's no doubt redbird D is making the plays

He assumes I am not giving them credit, but Stick made bad plays and that caused the Bison to miss out on a potential 6pts.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 01:03 PM
The snow is so strong I can barely see the field through the camera lens.

dewey

ISU is actually physically strong enough to stop NDSU though.

Dewey

cx500d
He assumes I am not giving them credit, but Stick made bad plays and that caused the Bison to miss out on a potential 6pts.

He made bad plays, but the bad play is in part a result of redbird D making a good play

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 01:04 PM

"I am giving Illinois State credit! Stick made mistakes and that's why Illinois State stopped us! The sacks have just been Sticks' mistakes!"

xcoffeex

He made bad plays, but the bad play is in part a result of redbird D making a good play

This. Literally just this.

ISU is actually physically strong enough to stop NDSU though.

Dewey

Based on what we've seen so far there's no doubt.

The weather is not making them hulk out though.

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Good stop by NDSU on 3rd down.

Dewey

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Bring back the veer........its time.

dewey
November 18th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Come on Bison!

NDSU gets the ball at their own 41 or so.

It would be nice to get some yards and a field goal try.

Dewey

centennial
Time for veer?

BisonFan02
Come on Bison!

NDSU gets the ball at their own 43 or so.

Dewey

Playing for halftime now.....

BisonFan02
Time for veer?

**** yes.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 01:08 PM
**** yes.

All about them glory days? xlolx

At this point, anything is better than passing.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Why not air one out at the end?

centennial
November 18th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Looks like it might happen.

dewey
ISU knows what to do with that jet sweep now. How about a play action out of that for a TE down the seam or a WR vertical.

Dewey

REALBird
Dangerous last play of the half! Why risk your QB on a cold, wet hard field.

cx500d
**** yes.

I was at the infamous snow game in 1986....Peppermint Schnapps and snowshoe grog got me through it...

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Now that it is halftime, time to switch to the KSU-Monmouth game

BisonFan02

Your guess is as good as mine.......

gsf23nd

Cause right now the line couldn't block four random posters from AGS...

Bison56
Going to wish they capitalized on those early drives.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 01:11 PM

Coulda shoulda woulda.... In bad conditions you can't let opportunities like that slip away

dewey

Agreed. I was going to say the exact samething.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
This game looks like the D2 championship game from last year.

Going to be strength on strength the rest of the day.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Someone is going to have a defender slip and give up a big TD run. That will decide the game.

centennial
The only hope NDSU has right now that ISUr defense might be a little gassed.

X-Factor

Yep. Interesting game and timing to try that. We’ve been pissing end of half opportunities down our leg all year, only to take a timeout and play aggressive now? I personally like the call, but we’ve had much better opportunities wasted this year so it surprises me Klieman would do something here.

POD Knows
November 18th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Coulda shoulda woulda.... In bad conditions you can't let opportunities like that slip awayThe thing that bugs me about the sacks, aside from the sacks, is that they were in 4 down territory both times and should have played accordingly. Runs and quick throws, ****.

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Someone is going to have a defender slip and give up a big TD run. That will decide the game.
My money is the TD gets set up by or results from a fumble recovery.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2017, 01:16 PM
First team to 1 wins.

No_Skill
November 18th, 2017, 01:18 PM
I'm calling it now. 0-0 game that goes to triple OT.

centennial
Time for some trick plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s0c8Xik58A

cx500d
I'm calling it now. 0-0 game that goes to triple OT.

Only team to score wins

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Time for some trick plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s0c8Xik58A

Those cause turnovers right about now. xlolx

FargoBison
November 18th, 2017, 01:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DO8DAZLVAAAOoa6.jpg

Bisonator
November 18th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Where would a tie seed us? xcoffeex

FargoBison
November 18th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Not sure I've ever seen a half of football where conditions went from monsoon to blizzard.

Lorne_Malvo

So you're saying crowd noise will not be a factor?

BisonFan02
Where would a tie seed us? xcoffeex

Not sure it matters....this Bison team has major deficiencies and it will cost them sooner than later.

Bisonator
November 18th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Not sure it matters....this Bison team has major deficiencies and it will cost them sooner than later.
You've been a wet blanket for 3 years. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Did all the fans go under for shelter or just pack it in entirely?

Can't say I blame them. But there were people on that side earlier.

Winterborn
November 18th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Where is a zamboni when you need one?

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 01:32 PM
You've been a wet blanket for 3 years. xlolx

and I've been shockingly accurate many times too. xlolx :D

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 01:34 PM
and I've been shockingly accurate many times too. xlolx :D

I think your pessimism wore off on me.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 01:38 PM
BRING BACK THE VEER!

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Sideline to sideline is NOT going to work........

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Why even pass? Go to a wishbone formation and pound the ball.

Bisonator
Biggest play of the game, roughing the punter!xlolx

TheKingpin28
Koonce just got drilled but that might be roughing the kicker which would be a huge break for the Bison.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 01:40 PM
BRUUUUUUUUCE!

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Pound the rock....under center....north and south....

ElCid
November 18th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Jeepers. Get those boys out of their dome and.........

TheKingpin28
BRUUUUUUCE with a mean run. Stop with this fake jet sweep crap. Power A Gap or bust!

dewey
Come on Bison!

9 yard gain on 1st down. NDSU at ISU 23 or so.

Stick too high and Williams was WIDE open.

Dewey

BisonFan02
Keep running the ****ing ball!

JSUSoutherner
November 18th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Bison finally figuring it out. Running it straight down their throats.

I say that as they run a sweep and go backwards.

Christiank22
Finally!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
Keep running the ****ing ball!

Did Polasek take over your account for the day? xlolx

dewey
1st down at the ISU 13.

Dewey