PDA

View Full Version : Family of The Dutch Destroyer at the NDSU game yesterday.

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2017, 09:06 AM
For those who haven't seen the original story (http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21117269) the family of the dutch destroyer was at the NDSU game yesterday. Here's the local story.

https://www.wday.com/news/4358222-family-dutch-destroyer-receives-warm-welcome-bison-game

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2017, 09:16 AM
So great! A warm Bison welcome indeed. Honored that Carson Wentz true first collegiate game was vs Lafayette in 2011!

POD Knows
November 12th, 2017, 09:17 AM
For those who haven't seen the original story (http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21117269) the family of the dutch destroyer was at the NDSU game yesterday. Here's the local story.

https://www.wday.com/news/4358222-family-dutch-destroyer-receives-warm-welcome-bison-gameYea, that was pretty cool, I guess Gate City Savings bought up about 9,000 of the bracelets and were handing them out at the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 09:17 AM

https://www.wday.com/news/4358222-family-dutch-destroyer-receives-warm-welcome-bison-game

Great to have the family there.

TennBison
November 12th, 2017, 09:24 AM
It is a heartbreaking story. From personal experience I can feel their pain, a tight family unit is a great thing to have at this time for them.

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Yea, that was pretty cool, I guess Gate City Savings bought up about 9,000 of the bracelets and were handing them out at the game.

......YOUSE GUYS GOT "BLING"........WE GOT.......SCRAWNY.....YOU-DEE BOBBLEHEADS....&........STADIUM UPGRADES.........BRAWK!

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Good work, NDSU. I wear mine every day. Taken just now in the Wawa parking lot:

https://i.imgur.com/qxAi5lQl.jpg

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Bisonbacker thanks for sharing that story, tough to read it and see the pictures of the young man
But that was one tough kid and you have to salute Wentz

Ud1Hens
November 12th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Incredible story and love having him on the Eagles. If all you Bison travel to Delaware in 2019 in Wentz jerseys you probably won't have to pay for food or beer. Huge Eagles/Wentz following in the area obviously.

IBleedYellow
November 12th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Incredible story and love having him on the Eagles. If all you Bison travel to Delaware in 2019 in Wentz jerseys you probably won't have to pay for food or beer. Huge Eagles/Wentz following in the area obviously.There are many Bison fans planning on going to both games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Incredible story and love having him on the Eagles. If all you Bison travel to Delaware in 2019 in Wentz jerseys you probably won't have to pay for food or beer. Huge Eagles/Wentz following in the area obviously.
I'm hoping it'll work out that the Eagles are at home the next day (9/15/19). That would definitely make it an even more attractive road trip for me. I would guess there would be a good contingent of Bison green and yellow at the Linc that day if it does work out like that.

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 10:05 AM
I'm hoping it'll work out that the Eagles are at home the next day (9/15/19). That would definitely make it an even more attractive road trip for me. I would guess there would be a good contingent of Bison green and yellow at the Linc that day if it does work out like that.

Man, I hope the schedule gods look out for you all in 2019. That would be a sweet road trip, other than the Bison loss.

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Unless it's a game where the Eagles are coming off a Super Bowl appearance and the Cowboys are coming in riding a winning streak. Then tickets will be expensive as f**************k. Tickets in nosebleed for the Falcons Cowboys game today were sitting in the $200-400 range last I checked.

Ud1Hens
November 12th, 2017, 10:10 AM

I remember getting flamed by NDSU fans when the series was announced saying something like, "I'm sure plenty of Bison fans will make the trip. Good opportunity to see a new venue, possibly go to a Wentz led Eagles game, or just travel that weekend to a nearby city like NYC, Philly, or D.C. or go to the Delaware beaches " I was then informed how many moved to ND to avoid the big city, etc etc etc. My point being, you can see a nice FCS matchup, spend the weekend on the coast...still really warm weather/water, or do the city thing for a couple days. Hope you all make the trip. It'll be a good time for sure. Wear your green...Eagles green haha

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 10:19 AM

That would be awesome if that schedule worked out. UD game then an Eagles game.

I was already planning on going to the UD game but if the Eagles are at home, that just makes it easier to go....xthumbsupx

Schism55
November 12th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Such a great story.
Anyone know if the video of Lukas' mom being interviewed during the game yesterday has been posted anywhere?

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 10:22 AM
As alluded earlier, Eagles tickets are at a premium ever since they went about 3-1 this year. Nosebleed end zone start around $125. Nosebleed sideline $200. Lower level $300+. Cowboys, mark it up another 25-50%.

Make no mistake, this is Eagles country. In April, MLB opening season, the Eagles still get more play on WIP and the TV stations.

It's all Eagles, all the time here, well before Wentz was born. Penn State is just some college that plays out in Pennsyltucky somewhere.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 10:24 AM
I remember getting flamed by NDSU fans when the series was announced saying something like, "I'm sure plenty of Bison fans will make the trip. Good opportunity to see a new venue, possibly go to a Wentz led Eagles game, or just travel that weekend to a nearby city like NYC, Philly, or D.C. or go to the Delaware beaches " I was then informed how many moved to ND to avoid the big city, etc etc etc. My point being, you can see a nice FCS matchup, spend the weekend on the coast...still really warm weather/water, or do the city thing for a couple days. Hope you all make the trip. It'll be a good time for sure. Wear your green...Eagles green haha

All true with the exception of the warm water UD1
the last time I dipped my toes in at Dewey beach I about got hypothermia
but yeah compared to North Dakota icefishing it will be the Caribbean like. Haha

Winterborn
November 12th, 2017, 11:38 AM
but yeah compared to North Dakota icefishing it will be the Caribbean like. Haha

There are a few towns around the Midwest that do a polar plunge for charity and for fun.

Got to love the announcer at the 1:05 mark.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPMKHu7wKgw

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Such a great story.
Anyone know if the video of Lukas' mom being interviewed during the game yesterday has been posted anywhere?

Valley news live has the video on their FB page. Here's the link.
https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive/

Bisonoline
November 12th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Valley news live has has the video on their FB page. Here's the link.
https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive/

The schmucks held the interview while the game was going on. Freaking idiots.

ASU33
November 12th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Heartbreaking story but seeing this you can help but to root for Wentz and NDSU

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Heartbreaking story but seeing this you can help but to root for Wentz and NDSU

And the Eagles. Welcome aboard! xlolx

ASU33
November 12th, 2017, 12:19 PM

Whew............now we're taking it a bit too far!xlolx

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I'm trying to drag the POD out there this year, but he needs to get the sand out of his vag. Can help fill Thumpers sandbags with it. xlolx

Southern Bison
November 12th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Incredible story and love having him on the Eagles. If all you Bison travel to Delaware in 2019 in Wentz jerseys you probably won't have to pay for food or beer. Huge Eagles/Wentz following in the area obviously.There will be plenty of us Bison fans coming up from NC for that game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2017, 04:44 PM

**** the eagles

dewey
November 12th, 2017, 04:50 PM

Dewey beach? I have got to go there.

Dewey

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 04:50 PM
**** the eagles

Why does this board censor the word l-o-v-e?

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Dewey beach? I have got to go there.

Dewey

Dewey Beach is where the hot girls hang out.

Rehoboth Beach is where the hot boys hang out.

Choose wisely.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 05:58 PM
I'm trying to drag the POD out there this year, but he needs to get the sand out of his vag. Can help fill Thumpers sandbags with it. xlolx

What's POD's problem?

:D

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2017, 05:59 PM
What's POD's problem?

:D

Common sense and responsibility? xlolx

I have neither of these things. I offered to pick him up on the way. :D

I lived out in PA for a period of time, and I would like to get back....just gotta figure out a time/place.

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2017, 06:01 PM
**** the eagles

Hey Rev....."Dem Boyz" are getting all they can handle from the Falcons. Looks like the Iggles are going to clinch the east early huh? :D

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Hey Rev....."Dem Boyz" are getting all they can handle from the Falcons. Looks like the Iggles are going to clinch the east early huh? :D

He doesn't give a **** about the cowgirlz, he's a houston fan I would bet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 06:09 PM

27-7....xlolx

Eagles going to have a 3 game lead in their division....xnodx

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 06:24 PM
How about Robert Woods and Adam Thielen though!

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2017, 06:28 PM

With a hardened hatred of the Iggles? Unlikely. Haha. Let's be honest....theres one team in TX. The expansion team is a side dish.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 06:29 PM
With a hardened hatred of the Iggles? Unlikely. Haha. Let's be honest....theres one team in TX. The expansion team is a side dish.

Yeah and they are the Longhorns. Don't you dare say something else, otherwise Texas will lose their ****. Trust me, I made this mistake once.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Yeah and they are the Longhorns. Don't you dare say something else, otherwise Texas will lose their ****. Trust me, I made this mistake once.

HS football is king in TX.

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 06:36 PM

Well, his Texans were owned by the Rams today anyway.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2017, 06:38 PM
27-7....xlolx

Eagles going to have a 3 game lead in their division....xnodx
4 games after next Sunday night... with 6 to play after that.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 06:41 PM
HS football is king in TX.

Odessa FTW!

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Odessa FTW!

Hello, the new millenium got here 17 years ago....Odessa was so 80's.

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Hello, the new millenium got here 17 years ago....Odessa was so 80's.

Yeah, but still, when I think HS football, I think Odessa.

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Yeah, but still, when I think HS football, I think Odessa.

Only because your TX HS football knowledge is strictly the movie Friday Night Lights and whatever the fake town was in Varsity Blues. xlolx

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Odessa FTW!

Try Tyler John Tyler, katy, or relevant schools.

MOJO hasn’t been **** in years

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2017, 07:57 PM

Nope. Dallas fan. Went to middle and high school in Arlington. Can’t stand houston teams

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2017, 07:58 PM

They might. Must win for Dallas on Sunday night that’s for sure

But true to philly form, they’ll **** up somewhere. They always do

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Well, his Texans were owned by the Rams today anyway.

See previous post. Not a Texans fan. I just live here for the salary and benefits

TheKingpin28
November 12th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Only because your TX HS football knowledge is strictly the movie Friday Night Lights and whatever the fake town was in Varsity Blues. xlolx

Try Tyler John Tyler, katy, or relevant schools.

MOJO hasn’t been **** in years

I chose them due to the fact that I remember it from Goal Line Blitz, not Varsity Blues. Hell, I could have said Allen and that "new" stadium that they have. It is nicer than some FCS teams.

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Nope. Dallas fan. Went to middle and high school in Arlington. Can’t stand houston teams

Well either way, you had a hurtin' put on today.

Martin, Arlington, Sam Houston, Bowie, Lamar?

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 10:28 PM
See previous post. Not a Texans fan. I just live here for the salary and benefits

There's a lot of that going around.

TheRevSFA
November 12th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Well either way, you had a hurtin' put on today.

Martin, Arlington, Sam Houston, Bowie, Lamar?

Bowie

yea we took a hurtin bad today

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2017, 06:36 AM
They might. Must win for Dallas on Sunday night that’s for sure

But true to philly form, they’ll **** up somewhere. They always do

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26487&stc=1

But Rev, they have Wentz now!!

BisonBacker
November 13th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Follow up story on their visit.

http://www.kvrr.com/2017/11/12/48592/