PDA

View Full Version : Delaware @ Villanova

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2017, 06:24 AM
Saturday @ 1pm.

Villanova leads the series 28-21-1.

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2017, 06:30 AM
I’m here to read all the Blue Hen pregame bravado & defend the Wildcat case for an upset here.

Nova is playing uninspired football on the offensive side of the ball, but it’s the rival Blue hens coming to the Main Line. Stranger things have happened.

Love to have Caribbean hen, Mr. Chicken, & other fowl friends sweating out selection Sunday with another loss to the seemingly toothless Cats. xpeacex

CHIP72
November 12th, 2017, 06:32 AM
According to TVGuide.com, this game will be televised on Fox College Sports Atlantic.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 06:39 AM
Just don't Tell me Andy Talley is going to make a guest appearance on the sidelines

Under my thumb would be an appropriate song to play if he does

Talley owned KC Keeler and I won't even mention Brock but I have it on good authority that when Davey was fired that's when Talley decided to announce his retirement

As for the game next Saturday, despite Novas rapid descent Into the SPCA. no one South of the Pennsylvania State line will be taking them lightly and it will probably be a white knuckler into the fourth quarter so hold on tight

Ud1Hens
November 12th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Love to have Caribbean hen, Mr. Chicken, & other fowl friends sweating out selection Sunday with another loss to the seemingly toothless Cats. xpeacex
No sweating necessary. A loss to Villanova and our season is rightfully ended. Heck even at 8-3 Blue Hens faithful won't exactly sleep soundly.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 06:44 AM
I’m here to read all the Blue Hen pregame bravado & defend the Wildcat case for an upset here.

Nova is playing uninspired football on the offensive side of the ball, but it’s the rival Blue hens coming to the Main Line. Stranger things have happened.

Gang tackle, if we lose there won't be any sweating on selection Sunday, Delaware has no chance at 7 and 4
Besides we won't have any water left to sweat after all the crying on Saturday

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Dear Blue Hen fans,

You have little fear on Saturday. Our offense fell to even newer lows as impossible as that may seem.

The opening drive resulted in a FG for the Cats, but only after our receiver who was 10 yards from any defender on his way to the end zone fell down. Fell all by his lonesome.

Then managed to screw up a 1st & goal on the 1 by going 15 yards backwards for the other FG.

Nova rushed 21 times for 1 yard vs Rhody. Yep not a typo 21 for 1. Passed 11-30 for 150 or so. Had a punt blocked to add insult to injury.

Defense looks tired & although still not bad it’s not as good as earlier in the season.

I think you score early it will get ugly.

CHIP72
November 12th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Dear Blue Hen fans,

You have little fear on Saturday. Our offense fell to even newer lows as impossible as that may seem.

The opening drive resulted in a FG for the Cats, but only after our receiver who was 10 yards from any defender on his way to the end zone fell down. Fell all by his lonesome.

Then managed to screw up a 1st & goal on the 1 by going 15 yards backwards for the other FG.

Nova rushed 21 times for 1 yard vs Rhody. Yep not a typo 21 for 1. Passed 11-30 for 150 or so. Had a punt blocked to add insult to injury.

Defense looks tired & although still not bad it’s not as good as earlier in the season.

I think it is fair to say that Mark Ferrante probably isn't Villanova's version of Penn's Ray Priore (who like Ferrante took over for an excellent, long-time coach at a Philadelphia area DI-AA school but unlike Ferrante, led his team to a league title in his first year).

Help us Andy Talley, you are our only hope.

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2017, 07:35 AM
......NOT FALLIN'....FO' DUH....."WOE IS ME"......HENS HAVE LIKELAH....LOST STARTIN' RB....WHO'S ARM WAS IN UH SLING....SECOND HALF......'CAT'S......WHEN BACKED TA DUH WALL.......YOUSE......MAIN-LINERS.....HAVEN'T GONE FULL IN.....ON DUH ROUND-BALLERS........QUITE YET..........X-PECK-TIN'........'NOTHERAH.....NAIL CHEWER..xprayx...BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2017, 07:38 AM
According to TVGuide.com, this game will be televised on Fox College Sports Atlantic.

.....CHIPPY.......WHAA'S DAT....IN COMCAST ......#'s....xdontknowx...............UH.....ER... ....AWK!

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Dear Blue Hen fans,

I hear you but it something about the sight of those Hen chicken wings that Will wet your boys appetites I'm afraid

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Dear Blue Hen fans,

......HENS....ARE SLOWER DAN.........MOLASSES....DRIPPIN'......UP-HILL......IN JANUARY......TAKES 'EM SEVERALAH......3 AN' OUTS........B/4 PLAYBOOK.....MAKES SENSE.......DEESE AVIANS.....ARE NO........TIC/TAC/TOE....PHENOMS.........xsmhx..................BRAW K!

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 08:22 AM
......HENS....ARE SLOWER DAN.........MOLASSES....DRIPPIN'......UP-HILL......IN JANUARY......TAKES 'EM SEVERALAH......3 AN' OUTS........B/4 PLAYBOOK.....MAKES SENSE.......DEESE AVIANS.....ARE NO........TIC/TAC/TOE....PHENOMS.........xsmhx..................BRAW K!

agree Mr C, would like to see freshman Coleman get more involved in the offense as he is one of the few that has shown a little speed this year

also the freshman RB Corey Spruill steps in for the injured Kani Cane and makes His presence known at the game yesterday

One of the highlights of the day was a Delaware completed forward pass and a scan of the stands showed Dick Vermeal celebrating with Vinny "the movie star star" Papale

CHIP72
November 12th, 2017, 08:36 AM

.....CHIPPY.......WHAA'S DAT....IN COMCAST ......#'s....xdontknowx...............UH.....ER... ....AWK!

That I do not know MR.CHICKEN; I do know it is Channel 300 (non-HD though) on Verizon FiOS.

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Delaware should win a close, low-scoring game.

But we also should have won more than one of the last eleven games in the series.

Villanova has our number the past eleven seasons, so until we prove otherwise, this game is a pick ‘em.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Just to purge some of the kitty demons I remember the 2013 game Delaware comes in seven and three thinking a win will get us in the playoffs. They come out smoking and jump to a big lead the celebration starts only we didn't fully understand what Brock had planned for us just yet, one of Brocks first choke jobs as nova rallies for the win and our playoff dreams die

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2017, 10:23 AM
My hope is that our young men look across the field and see a team that they have a great history of competing against in up & down seasons.

Hopefully, someone within the Villanova football family can inspire the offense to play at a level we haven’t seen in quite awhile.

I suspect that if the offense can show some vital signs of life that we can be in for a helluva game. That hasn’t happened in over a month so holding my breath is not a smart decision.

Hoping for some fight from my Cats before packing it in for the winter! xtroublex xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 10:26 AM
My hope is that our young men look across the field and see a team that they have a great history of competing against in up & down seasons.

Hopefully, someone within the Villanova football family can inspire the offense to play at a level we haven’t seen in quite awhile.

I suspect that if the offense can show some vital signs of life that we can be in for a helluva game. That hasn’t happened in over a month so holding my breath is not a smart decision.

Hoping for some fight from my Cats before packing it in for the winter! xtroublex xpeacex

well at least you won't have to go out to South Dakota again

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2017, 10:47 AM
well at least you won't have to go out to South Dakota again

Those who went out to that game said it was a fun trip with the exception of the game score.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 12:25 PM
More demons, the 2012 game, Keelers swan song was about the biggest embarrassment I have ever seen for a Delaware blue hen football team that quit as they were getting physically manhandled by the Villanova defense there was one safety you guys had by the name of maybe Villanueva ? He was a bone crusher and was posing over his victims if I remember correctly

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2017, 12:37 PM
More demons, the 2012 game, Keelers swan song was about the biggest embarrassment I have ever seen for a Delaware blue hen football team that quit as they were getting physically manhandled by the Villanova defense there was one safety you guys had by the name of maybe Villanueva ? He was a bone crusher and was posing over his victims if I remember correctly

.......DIS GUY....xconfusedx......BRAWK!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26474&stc=1

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 12:44 PM

ha ha Ha keep it coming Mr. Chicken

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 12:54 PM

Da ball, da ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackhen
November 12th, 2017, 03:37 PM
I’m here to read all the Blue Hen pregame bravado & defend the Wildcat case for an upset here. Nova is playing uninspired football on the offensive side of the ball, but it’s the rival Blue hens coming to the Main Line. Stranger things have happened. Love to have Caribbean hen, Mr. Chicken, & other fowl friends sweating out selection Sunday with another loss to the seemingly toothless Cats. xpeacex

As Carib and others have stated no one from UD fandom will be taking this game lightly and neither will the team. The loss to Towson taught that - although we've been flat even after that debacle and so with Nova having our number so many years and Hens showing a capacity to come out flat for 3 qtrs, we all expect a hard fought game and the winner will be the team that played the best. If we lose we are out and no one is holding our breath about that. As the other Hen fan said even going 8-3 wont guarantee a post season bid. Hens!

melloware13
November 12th, 2017, 04:55 PM
As if the offenses didn't need any reasoning to underwhelm, the forecast is 54 with likely showers.

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 05:03 PM
As if the offenses didn't need any reasoning to underwhelm, the forecast is 54 with likely showers.

I think an offense has to be good in some aspect before it can be nullified by weather, no?

This might be a 6-3 game in a dome.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 05:52 PM
I think an offense has to be good in some aspect before it can be nullified by weather, no?

This might be a 6-3 game in a dome.

13-10 Delaware

Each team with a pick six

BlueHenSinfonian
November 12th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Villanova no longer has Talley, we no longer have Brock, this is a whole new ballgame.

ngineer
November 12th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Nothin' against the 'cats, but I'm rooting for the Hens in this one as it improves our chances (assuming we beat Laughyette) of not having to travel to UNH and may get sent to either SBU or "The Tub", which I'd prefer. Great atmosphere and Lehigh would bring a good crowd. An old rivalry that needs some reviving!

vutomcat
November 13th, 2017, 12:34 PM

Ross Ventrone. Played for the Pats and last time I checked was with the Steelers last year. He could bring the wood much like his older brother Ray Ventrone who also played in the NFL.

Gangtackle11
November 13th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Ross Ventrone. Played for the Pats and last time I checked was with the Steelers last year. He could bring the wood much like his older brother Ray Ventrone who also played in the NFL.

I think that who he’s thinking about, but he graduated in ‘09 not ‘12.

Joe Sarnese was the best safety in ‘12.

melloware13
November 13th, 2017, 03:26 PM

These were the starting safeties that game:
FS 20 Joe Sarnese
WS 6 Ronnie Akins
SS 30 Matt McCann

I more vividly remember the two pick-6's to end the game as I was on the field at that point, waiting for the pain to end.

melloware13
November 13th, 2017, 03:51 PM
The lines for this week are being added slowly, but this game opens with Delaware a 4.5 point favorite with an O/U of 27. Looks like first to 13 wins.

93henfan
November 13th, 2017, 05:14 PM
5dimes has it Delaware -5 1/2, o/u 27

caribbeanhen
November 13th, 2017, 05:40 PM

yeah I think I'm way off on the name but I remember his actions ..

I even checked your 2012 roster and none of those safeties spark my memory

but I'm pretty sure it was 2012 I think

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2017, 09:58 AM
so the "stadium" is on Lancaster Ave? I just checked google maps and couldn't find it....

Gangtackle11
November 14th, 2017, 10:05 AM
so the "stadium" is on Lancaster Ave? I just checked google maps and couldn't find it....

It’s right on Lancaster Ave. on the eastern end of the main campus.

Gangtackle11
November 14th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Strange things happen when the Dirty Birds come to the Main Line:

Auto plows into crowd after UD win
4 hurt outside Villanova Stadium
By DOUG LESMERISES
Staff reporter
11/23/2003
VILLANOVA, Pa. -- Four people were injured after the University of Delaware football game Saturday night when a car drove through a crowd of about 100 football players, family and friends outside the locker room at Villanova Stadium, police said.
Villanova Athletic Director Vince Nicastro said his team's chaplain, the Rev. Bernard Lazor, was behind the wheel of the green Ford Taurus after it stopped at the end of a 25-foot wide driveway on the south side of the stadium where the crowd had gathered. However, Radnor Township police did not identify the driver and no arrests were made late Saturday.
Several witnesses said people "went down like dominoes" while the driver, traveling about 30 mph, honked the horn but never stopped.
One end of the driveway opens into a lot where the Delaware team buses were parked during the game. The Taurus was traveling in the opposite direction, which comes to a dead end at stairs and a wheelchair ramp. Two other cars were parked along the driveway after the game.
"We weren't there to get hit," said Debbie Edwards of Wallingford, Pa., the mother of Delaware center Chris Edwards, who was not hurt. "We were there to greet the players coming out. Everyone was talking and no one was paying attention and, all of a sudden, this car just headed down there. People were under the tires, on top of the hood. I would have been under the tire if my friend hadn't pushed me out of the way."
Some fans stood by in tears while at least two injured people were taken away by ambulances and Delaware's football equipment was being loaded into a truck several feet away. Student trainer Jen Jones, 22 and a senior at UD, said the crowd was mostly Delaware fans.
"After all of our games, the fans come by to see us and congratulate the players and say hi to the team," Jones said. "It all happened very fast. He just plowed through. There was no brakelights - nothing. You didn't even hear the horn until it was too late."
Brian Honeycutt, 37, of Newark, said he was nearly hit. He said he then ran alongside the car after it went through the crowd, yelling at the driver to stop. He said he saw the driver staring straight ahead with his hands on top of the steering wheel.
Many of the Delaware players were either speaking in a postgame news conference or still getting dressed in the locker room as the car came through. Quarterback Andy Hall said he heard someone run into the locker room yelling, "Get a doctor out here."
"I don't know what's going on, but people just got run over," Hall said. "It was a lot of our families. The football game is irrelevant right now. It's totally irrelevant."
Delaware won the game 20-17 to win the Atlantic 10 Conference championship.
University of Delaware administrators could not be reached for comment.
According to Villanova's football media guide, Lazor has been a priest for 50 years and is an assistant professor of religious studies at the university.

LehighU11
November 14th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Take care of business, Blue Hens. I don't like either of ya, but I'm hoping for another trip to the Tub on Thanksgiving weekend.

Schism55
November 14th, 2017, 10:57 AM
5dimes has it Delaware -5 1/2, o/u 27
****ing lol...that is a stunning lack of offensive proficiency xcoffeex

MR. CHICKEN
November 14th, 2017, 11:52 AM

......OR.....UH TESTAMENT....TA DEFENSE.......xrotatehx........BRAWK!

blackhen
November 14th, 2017, 12:31 PM

trust me... its worse than it looks

Gangtackle11
November 14th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Tale of the Tape:

All games/CAA rank

Villanova offense vs. Delaware defense
9th in scoring (20.3) vs. 2nd in scoring defense (15.7)
7th in rushing (124.9) vs. 3rd in rushing defense (112.7)
10th in passing (162.1) vs. 4th in pass defense (191.1)
10th in total offense (287.0) vs. 3rd in total defense (303.3)
10th in 3rd down conversion (34.8%) vs. 10th in 3rd down defense (38%)
Villanova has 16 turnovers vs. Delaware causing 26 turnovers
10th in sacks against (30) vs. 10th (tie) in sacks for (17)
9th in TOP: 29:36
7th in red zone (74.2%) vs. 3rd (Tie) in red zone defense (75%)

Delaware offense vs. Villanova defense
6th (tie) in scoring (22.6) vs. 3rd in scoring defense (17.0)
2nd rushing offense (199.7) vs. 1st in rushing defense (71.7)
12th in passing offense (112.4) vs. 12th in pass defense (262.9)
8th in Total offense (315.1) vs. 6th in total defense (334.3)
2nd in 3rd down conversion (42.3%) vs. 4th in 3rd down defense (34%)
Delaware has 13 turnovers vs. Villanova causing 20 turnovers
4th (tie)in sacks against (10) vs. 10th (tie) in sacks for (17)
1st in TOP: 32:43
4th in red zone (80%) vs. 7th in red zone defense (78.6%)

jmufan999
November 14th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Delaware offense vs. Villanova defense
2nd rushing offense (199.7) vs. 1st in rushing defense (71.7)

yeah, but what happened to you guys against Richmond? from an unbiased point of view, and no offense here, but it looked like Nova had given up. it was a really bad effort against a team that's really not all that good at running the ball. arm tackles, etc. Lauletta steamrolled one of your LBs like he was Mike Alstott. it was not the defense I saw play JMU at all.

Gangtackle11
November 14th, 2017, 03:31 PM
yeah, but what happened to you guys against Richmond? from an unbiased point of view, and no offense here, but it looked like Nova had given up. it was a really bad effort against a team that's really not all that good at running the ball. arm tackles, etc. Lauletta steamrolled one of your LBs like he was Mike Alstott. it was not the defense I saw play JMU at all.

True. I think Nova overcompensated for Lauletta’s passing prowess. Some knowledgeable football people at that game noticed that Lauletta checked down a lot when he saw Nova’s LB off the line of scrimmage. Who knows? Can’t argue that Richmond ran the ball down their throats. Delaware will win going away if they can run effectively, but I bet Nova won’t respect Delaware’s pass game like they did vs. Richmond. Just a hunch. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2017, 07:32 AM
In a way, Delaware is basically a disguised option team on offense right now, hope our Defense has a TD in them

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2017, 07:37 AM
......TWO STOUT D's........TWO SORRAH O's........UH TURN-OVERAH.....IN RIGHT PART UH FIELD........COOD BE....DUH DIFF........xprayxxprayx.............BAWK!

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2017, 07:50 AM
You guys are playing with more confidence & with a purpose. My only hope is Nova has a knockout punch in them. I highly doubt our offense will score unless the defense sets them up or better yet scores for them.

Im fighting off a fear that Ferrante is more Dave Brock than the next Andy Talley. He gets a pass this season, but not next. This wasn’t a rebuild situation.

jmufan999
November 15th, 2017, 08:22 AM
True. I think Nova overcompensated for Lauletta’s passing prowess. Some knowledgeable football people at that game noticed that Lauletta checked down a lot when he saw Nova’s LB off the line of scrimmage. Who knows? Can’t argue that Richmond ran the ball down their throats. Delaware will win going away if they can run effectively, but I bet Nova won’t respect Delaware’s pass game like they did vs. Richmond. Just a hunch. xpeacex

this is true.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2017, 08:54 AM
You guys are playing with more confidence & with a purpose. My only hope is Nova has a knockout punch in them. I highly doubt our offense will score unless the defense sets them up or better yet scores for them.

Im fighting off a fear that Ferrante is more Dave Brock than the next Andy Talley. He gets a pass this season, but not next. This wasn’t a rebuild situation.

if that is true, get the cancer early before it spreads

GoBlueHens83
November 15th, 2017, 10:20 AM

^^^ This^^^

The four seasons of Brock took the UD program to all-time lows. It was not a fun time.

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Delaware Game Notes:

http://www.bluehens.com/fls/29100/pdf/football/fbnotes17-villanova.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=29100

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2017, 08:00 PM

Its too early to tell & he’ll get a pass this season. If he thinks it was just injuries that led to Nova’s demise then he may have to adjust his thinking. We shall see. xpeacex

ngineer
November 15th, 2017, 09:48 PM
C'mon Hens, help us out. We don't want another bus trip to Dover, NH.xsmiley_wix

Gangtackle11
November 17th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Bring your rain gear ladies & gents. 40% chance of rain at 1pm. 90% at 3&4pm.

katss07
November 17th, 2017, 08:22 PM
C'mon Hens, help us out. We don't want another bus trip to Dover, NH.xsmiley_wix

I would focus on Lafayette. I think there is a good chance that Colgate wins the PL title. You guys better be ready for the Leopards.

Nova09
November 18th, 2017, 07:10 AM
I hope we win 5-4

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2017, 07:12 AM
BEAT DELAWARE!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cN6cLf...ature=youtu.be (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cN6cLfHG188&feature=youtu.be)

Nova09
November 18th, 2017, 07:55 AM
There have been 3 shutouts in the 4 games played at Villanova stadium. Perhaps these inept offenses in this putrid weather will make it an even 5 in 5, and then declare the game over bc no one will have any interest in overtime with no fans left.

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2017, 08:06 AM
There have been 3 shutouts in the 4 games played at Villanova stadium. Perhaps these inept offenses in this putrid weather will make it an even 5 in 5, and then declare the game over bc no one will have any interest in overtime with no fans left.

Unfortunately, no fans will be us alone.

CHIP72
November 18th, 2017, 10:07 AM

Villanova and Delaware aren’t at the level of offensive ineptitude that Lafayette and Georgetown are. I speak from firsthand experience. (And if they are, God help us all.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93henfan
November 18th, 2017, 11:46 AM
The last time Delaware was in the playoffs:

Barrack Obama hadn't yet completed two full years in office.
Gabrielle Giffords hadn't yet been shot.
The final Space Shuttle mission was still six months away.
Tiger Woods would be the PGA Tour Player of the Year and leading money winner two years later.
Benedict XVI still had over two years left in his Papacy.
Osama Bin Laden was still breathing.

Beat 'Nova. Please.

93henfan
November 18th, 2017, 12:12 PM
7-0 Nova in a blink.

93henfan
November 18th, 2017, 12:20 PM
14-0 Nova on pick six.

See ya next year, guys! It's been fun.

veinup
November 18th, 2017, 12:37 PM
damn, wtf blue hens. :(

93henfan
November 18th, 2017, 12:39 PM
damn, wtf blue hens. :(

We've lost 10 of the past 11 in the series and it looks like the trend will continue.

93henfan
November 18th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Congrats to Villanova on being in the heads of three University of Delaware head football coaches.

28-7 final. Villanova eliminates Delaware from playoff contention.

MR. CHICKEN
November 18th, 2017, 03:16 PM
...GOOD GAME 'NOVA FANS.......HENS JES' WEREN'T INTA IT...YOUSE GOT US AGIN'.....xhandshakex........xbeerchugx....AWK!

Schism55
November 18th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Really surprised by this score, dang Delaware xsmhx

th0m
November 18th, 2017, 03:26 PM
So I finally pick against Villanova and this is how you do me, Delaware?

Longhorn
November 18th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Nice win Nova. UD is now on the playoff bubble. Based on the way the Hens played today I’d be merciful and let them stay home.

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Nice win Nova. UD is now on the playoff bubble. Based on the way the Hens played today I’d be merciful and let them stay home.

No Delaware fan will argue with you

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Sorry Delaware. I’d be surprised if the CAA gets more than 4 teams. It’s either Delaware or UNH & the your AD isn’t on the selection committee. Stranger things have happened, but I don’t see it.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 18th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Sorry Delaware. I’d be surprised if the CAA gets more than 4 teams. It’s either Delaware or UNH & the your AD isn’t on the selection committee. Stranger things have happened, but I don’t see it.

UNH laying an egg against Albany is the only thing that could give us a sliver of hope, but they have the FBS win against GA Southern, the Elon win for them is about equal to our win against Stony Brook, but they've been blanked twice while we've only been blanked once, and it was by VA Tech... Still, this is on us, we should've come out prepared against 'Nova, and we shouldn't have lost to Towson.

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I’m not looking to pour salt in any Blue Hens wounds, but 3 things that I saw from this game:

Your offense is worse than ours (not good for you guys)

Our LBs are better than yours. Just don’t get the hype. (Troy - 3 tackles) Shockley & Steeb deserve all- CAA honors. They just don’t have the hype machine working for him.

Last thing, Rocco is overrated. Didn’t have that team prepared to play. ✌️

BlueHenSinfonian
November 18th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Last thing, Rocco is overrated. Didn’t have that team prepared to play. ✌️

He's an improvement over Brock. I'm willing to give him another year or two to really show what he can do, let's see who he recruits, what transfers he can entice, and where he can go from here.

LehighU11
November 18th, 2017, 07:04 PM
So if by some miracle Delaware gets in and hosts Lehigh, we may see a remotely competitive game.

93henfan
November 18th, 2017, 07:44 PM
So if by some miracle Delaware gets in and hosts Lehigh, we may see a remotely competitive game.

We suck, so yeah.