PDA

View Full Version : The New Georgetown Surface is in place!

LBPop
July 19th, 2005, 09:12 AM
It's actually happening in DC! Check out the latest photos. A warning to fellow PL fans--word has it that due to ongoing construction, seating will be limited (sounds a little redundant to say seating is limited at Georgetown :rolleyes: ). So, if some of my fellow PL fans from Lafayette, Fordham or Colgate want to check out the first phase of the Hoyas' new digs, you will need to get there early. Here's the link to the photos:

http://guhoyas.collegesports.com/genrel/071905aaa.html

colgate13
July 19th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Looking good G'town!

putter
July 19th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Great looking field. Any ETA on when the stands will be finished?

LBPop
July 19th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Great looking field. Any ETA on when the stands will be finished?

Lot's of unsubstantiated information is flying around. The most credible story is that they will reconstruct most of the temporary stands for the 2005 season and continue to build around them. It's possible that the visitors' stands will not be up for this season. That will make for a crowded place. The hope is that the full stadium will be complete for 2006.

Bub
July 19th, 2005, 04:48 PM
That looks great. Gives me hope that Drake's project will be more than a dirt pile someday. :)

LBPop
July 19th, 2005, 05:28 PM
That looks great. Gives me hope that Drake's project will be more than a dirt pile someday. :)

I don't know about your field, but that weight room (linked in another thread) looks outstanding. A new weight facility for Georgetown is planned in the second phase of the new facility. We're not holding our breath.

Bub
July 19th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I don't know about your field, but that weight room (linked in another thread) looks outstanding. A new weight facility for Georgetown is planned in the second phase of the new facility. We're not holding our breath.

The weight room impressed my son too when we visited Drake. They are in the process of raising the level of the football field and then will be installing field turf. Doesn't sound like it will be ready this year so they've made plans to play the home games on an alternate field. Maybe the Bulldogs will get a game with the Hoyas down the road? Goodluck with phase II.

MR. CHICKEN
July 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM
NEW GEORGETOWN SURFACE?..........DEY PULLED UP DUH BRICKS AN' COBBLESTONES?..........:(............DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

Fordham
July 19th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Good stuff, LB! I'm hoping to make the DC trip for our game with you(z) guys.

LBPop
July 20th, 2005, 12:10 PM
NEW GEORGETOWN SURFACE?..........DEY PULLED UP DUH BRICKS AN' COBBLESTONES?..........:(............DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

They used to play on the bricks and cobblestones, but the special shoes got too expensive. :D