PDA

View Full Version : CAA Championship

ElonFirefighter
November 5th, 2017, 06:20 AM
The CAA championship will be played in Elon the final week. With that said I still think it's JMUs conference to lose. Here's how it can play out for the auto bid.

If Elon wins at UNH, the winner of JMU/Elon is outright champ.

If Elon loses to UNH and Stony Brook wins out it's a three way tie. If Elon win JMU, Elon is first to be eliminated due to the UNH loss, then JMU takes the AQ with due to SB loss to Delaware.

Beginning of this season I never thought I there would be a scenario where either Elon or SB could win/tie for confrance champ.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
November 5th, 2017, 06:27 AM
This thread is a bit premature. Elon is not guaranteed to beat unh and JMU isn’t guaranteed to beat UR. You may have just jinxed yourself. Wildcat fans, care to chime in? Sorry not you gangtackle.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Yes premature but I would like to see 5 CAA teams make the playoffs, having said that it won't be easy for the blue hens, each game is the psychological thriller

after the first quarter yesterday it looked like we were going to get mauled by the Bears but magically the game turned

th0m
November 5th, 2017, 06:32 AM
This thread is a bit premature. Elon is not guaranteed to beat unh and JMU isn’t guaranteed to beat UR. You may have just jinxed yourself. Wildcat fans, care to chime in? Sorry not you gangtackle.

Regardless of what happens next week, it does look like said game in Elon will decide the champ, but yeah, all our attention should be with the splatters.

Gangtackle11
November 5th, 2017, 06:35 AM

“You have reached gangtackle11. He will be missing until Villanova wakes up & replaces their current offense/coordinator. Leave your name & a brief message. I will return your call when Nova makes a change.”

MR. CHICKEN
November 5th, 2017, 06:38 AM
The CAA championship will be played in Elon the final week. With that said I still think it's JMUs conference to lose. Here's how it can play out for the auto bid.

If Elon wins at UNH, the winner of JMU/Elon is outright champ.

If Elon loses to UNH and Stony Brook wins out it's a three way tie. If Elon win JMU, Elon is first to be eliminated due to the UNH loss, then JMU takes the AQ with due to SB loss to Delaware.

Beginning of this season I never thought I there would be a scenario where either Elon or SB could win/tie for confrance champ.

........xhomerx...........DUH MAGIC POTION.......DAT MAKE UH TWO........UH TEN.......ON SATURDAY EVENIN'......xhugx.....BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 5th, 2017, 06:43 AM
“You have reached gangtackle11. He will be missing until Villanova wakes up & replaces their current offense/coordinator. Leave your name & a brief message. I will return your call when Nova makes a change.”

....IFIN'....YER SCREENIN' CALLS........GUESS.....AH'LL JES'.........HANG-UP..........:D.....DOODLE-DOO!

ElonFirefighter
November 5th, 2017, 06:44 AM
This thread is a bit premature. Elon is not guaranteed to beat unh and JMU isn’t guaranteed to beat UR. You may have just jinxed yourself. Wildcat fans, care to chime in? Sorry not you gangtackle.Note the second scenario where Elon doesn't beat UNH. Yes I have Elon as the underdog being an away game.

RootinFerDukes
November 5th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Note the second scenario where Elon doesn't beat UNH. Yes I have Elon as the underdog being an away game.

Yeah I consider that game a toss up at best, unh may even be a slight favorite. Elon has beaten every team this year by 8 or fewer points and often lets teams get back into it late. Playing that close and that late should’ve bitten you by now, it will come back to haunt you against better teams.

Terry2889
November 5th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Yes premature but I would like to see 5 CAA teams make the playoffs, having said that it won't be easy for the blue hens, each game is the psychological thriller

after the first quarter yesterday it looked like we were going to get mauled by the Bears but magically the game turned

I very happy for Elon's program and their DC Tony Trisciani (Former UNH assistant and a great guy!). BUT.... I have watched a lot of Elon this year and I don't see them matching up against UNH very well. JMU will have their biggest test of the season against Lauletta and an explosive UR offense. Despite a separate thread touting the dominance of Delaware's defense, anyone who has seen JMU's up close and personal knows the truth, they are head and shoulders better than anyone right now.

ElonFirefighter
November 5th, 2017, 07:37 AM
I very happy for Elon's program and their DC Tony Trisciani (Former UNH assistant and a great guy!). BUT.... I have watched a lot of Elon this year and I don't see them matching up against UNH very well.

It hard to read us. It seems we play to the team on the field. Note the heart attack 4th qt/OT vs teams we should of crushed and the surprise wins on others. I'm not writing of any game we have left but not taking anything for granted.

KPSUL
November 5th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Elon and UNH have 3 common opponents: Towson, Rhode Island and W&M.

UNH 35 @ W&M 16; Elon 25 vs W&M 17
UNH 28 vs URI 14; Elon 35 @ URI 34
UNH 40 vs Towson 17: Elon 33 vs Towson 30 2OT (The UNH back-up QB, RBs and WRs and largely 3rd string OL played part of the 3rd Qtr and all of the 4th when Towson scored 14 of their pts)

This has been remarkable run of close wins for Elon, but UNH will win this one in Durham. The home record in the Dungeon is 54-8 since 2008 and we've got a bunch of upsets over top 10 teams. A team pretty much has to dominate us to win in Durham and even then it can be struggle.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I very happy for Elon's program and their DC Tony Trisciani (Former UNH assistant and a great guy!). BUT.... I have watched a lot of Elon this year and I don't see them matching up against UNH very well. JMU will have their biggest test of the season against Lauletta and an explosive UR offense. Despite a separate thread touting the dominance of Delaware's defense, anyone who has seen JMU's up close and personal knows the truth, they are head and shoulders better than anyone right now.

I wouldn't get all caught up in the title of that "'other thread " you referenced

if you read you'll see that James Madison gets their due props in that thread but that doesn't change the fact that Delaware's got a pretty good defense as well, there in the discussion

Dane96
November 5th, 2017, 08:44 AM

We can lend you our OC.

Wait...you already have a boring, predictable, vanilla, stuck in the 1980's offense...just like us.

Let the rat race begin on who gets their next OC, 'Nova or Albany.

Total waste of both teams talents this year.

Gangtackle11
November 5th, 2017, 08:58 AM

Wish Tony had stayed @ Nova, but he had no idea that the current DC (Billy Crocker) was weeks if not days away from taking UConn job. Trisch is a class act who is a very solid football coach. He’s missed from our staff for sure.

Gangtackle11
November 5th, 2017, 09:00 AM
We can lend you our OC.

Wait...you already have a boring, predictable, vanilla, stuck in the 1980's offense...just like us.

Let the rat race begin on who gets their next OC, 'Nova or Albany.

Total waste of both teams talents this year.

We need a guy who doesn’t run a Pop Warner offense & can relate with today’s players, Hopefully there are 2 out there. 1 for us & 1 for you guys! xpeacex

phoenix3
November 5th, 2017, 09:09 AM
All of this championship banter reminds me of 2009 when we Phoenixes prematurely ran our mouths. I’ll wait until we’ve had a few winning seasons before I get to excited about championships. For now, I’m just happy to have the opportunity.
https://youtu.be/s2R2sH2ScBM

jmu007
November 5th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Channeling my inner Belichick... "We're focusing on Richmond"

Regardless of outcomes though, given the game will impact the CAA title no matter what happens this week...

Any chance the CAA flexes the game into their CBS Sports game of the week?

ElonFirefighter
November 5th, 2017, 09:41 AM
All of this championship banter reminds me of 2009 when we Phoenixes prematurely ran our mouths. I’ll wait until we’ve had a few winning seasons before I get to excited about championships. For now, I’m just happy to have the opportunity.
https://youtu.be/s2R2sH2ScBMMy comment was more on being surprised that this game had meaning. Never would have guessed that

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2017, 09:47 AM
I've been meaning to do some research on Elon and how they made such a drastic improvement over the off season and just by the few clips I've seen the quarterback looks really good and you have a stud wide receiver
And a elusive pain in the ass little running back

And of course your first year hotshot coach, but I need to study up

UNHWildcat18
November 5th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Elon isn’t going to win next week at UNH

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2017, 09:59 AM
As a Socon guy it kind of pains me to say this but I think the CAA will get 5 in this year.

UNHWildcat18
November 5th, 2017, 10:01 AM
As a Socon guy it kind of pains me to say this but I think the CAA will get 5 in this year.

Yup JMU SBU Elon UNH UD

MR. CHICKEN
November 5th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I've been meaning to do some research on Elon and how they made such a drastic improvement over the off season and just by the few clips I've seen the quarterback looks really good and you have a stud wide receiver
And a elusive pain in the ass little running back

And of course your first year hotshot coach, but I need to study up

........MAYBEAH...TIME....TA PASS DUH PEE CUPS........xeyebrowx........DOODLE-DOO!

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2017, 10:11 AM
........MAYBEAH...TIME....TA PASS DUH PEE CUPS........xeyebrowx........DOODLE-DOO!

mr. chicken you really opened a can of bird seed here now, that's funny

MR. CHICKEN
November 5th, 2017, 10:13 AM
.....IT'S WHAT AH DO.....CHICKEN IS FRISKY.....NOW DAT.....ROCCO...........ROCKS................AWK!

RootinFerDukes
November 5th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Yup JMU SBU Elon UNH UD

I think unh needs to beat Elon next week to probably clinch their playoff berth. Not a given yet.

RootinFerDukes
November 5th, 2017, 11:19 AM
.....IT'S WHAT AH DO.....CHICKEN IS FRISKY.....NOW DAT.....ROCCO...........ROCKS................AWK!

I say I say I say... I needz mah mr. chicken in my... AGS life during... da playoff stretch and da.... happah holidayzz.... BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 5th, 2017, 11:41 AM
I say I say I say... I needz mah mr. chicken in my... AGS life during... da playoff stretch and da.... happah holidayzz.... BRAWK!

..........EAT MO' BEEF.......xhugx.....xhighfivex.......xhandshakex. ................BRAWK!

whoanellie
November 5th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I agree Elon's success has been obviously thrilling throughout our season. No doubt a change at the top with Coach Cignetti has been the catalyst against a losing culture that made changes mainly to the mindset of the players. From my perspective, our competition has been formidable ever week is an epic struggle. This coming weeks game is no different. We play a really good program in New Hampshire away. We are counted out already. I'm glad Under Armour makes great thermal gear! Sort of like a long road trip to Cullowhee.

phoenix3
November 5th, 2017, 12:19 PM
You're a much more insightful individual than I. I've watched every game, I know most of Elon's players and I know every coach to some degree, and I have been wrong about every match up this season with the exception of Toledo and Rhode Island. I thought we would lose to UR by 2+ TDs and thought we'd beat Towson by at least 2 TDs. And yet, here we are. I honestly think I know other CAA teams better than I know mine.

Terry2889
November 5th, 2017, 01:04 PM
You're a much more insightful individual than I. I've watched every game, I know most of Elon's players and I know every coach to some degree, and I have been wrong about every match up this season with the exception of Toledo and Rhode Island. I thought we would lose to UR by 2+ TDs and thought we'd beat Towson by at least 2 TDs. And yet, here we are. I honestly think I know other CAA teams better than I know mine.

Haha! Same here. Living in South Jersey I get to see a lot of kids who end up going to Villanova or Delaware and watching them play against my alma mater. Elon's looking good! Big game this week for both teams hope it lives up to it.

Terry2889
November 5th, 2017, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't get all caught up in the title of that "'other thread " you referenced

if you read you'll see that James Madison gets their due props in that thread but that doesn't change the fact that Delaware's got a pretty good defense as well, there in the discussion

I'd take either of your defenses!

Terry2889
November 5th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Wish Tony had stayed @ Nova, but he had no idea that the current DC (Billy Crocker) was weeks if not days away from taking UConn job. Trisch is a class act who is a very solid football coach. He’s missed from our staff for sure.

Yeah it was fun getting to see him during recruiting season at my school. Don't think hell be making the trip up to NJ anymore..

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Haha! Same here. Living in South Jersey I get to see a lot of kids who end up going to Villanova or Delaware and watching them play against my alma mater. Elon's looking good! Big game this week for both teams hope it lives up to it.

When you say South Jersey I'm thinking Cape May Wildwood, what exit is officially the line of the demarcation in between North and South New Jersey anyway ....just curious

Gangtackle11
November 5th, 2017, 01:25 PM
When you say South Jersey I'm thinking Cape May Wildwood, what exit is officially the line of the demarcation in between North and South New Jersey anyway ....just curious

South Jersey counties:
Atlantic
Cumberland
Camden
Cape May
Salem
Gloucester
Burlington

Central more than South
Ocean
Mercer

Central more than North
Monmouth
Middlesex
Somerset
Union

West more than North
Hunterdon
Sussex
Morris
Warren

North Jersey
Hudson
Essex
Bergen
Passaic

phoenix3
November 5th, 2017, 01:41 PM

xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2017, 01:42 PM
South Jersey counties:
Atlantic
Cumberland
Camden
Cape May
Salem
Gloucester
Burlington

Central more than South
Ocean
Mercer

Central more than North
Monmouth
Middlesex
Somerset
Union

West more than North
Hunterdon
Sussex
Morris
Warren

North Jersey
Hudson
Essex
Bergen
Passaic

If forced to live in Jersey I would definitely go for the coastal southern counties

visited the home of Bruce Springsteen a year ago in Asbury Park, town had a nice feel to it until I got to the toll both to walk on the beach .. they wanted five dollars to get my toes wet, The wife wanted to know where the palm trees were. Haha, anyway I ponied up the 10 bucks to walk down there just to watch her gasp when the Icy August sea water rolled over her tropical ankles

KPSUL
November 5th, 2017, 01:48 PM
I agree Elon's success has been obviously thrilling throughout our season. No doubt a change at the top with Coach Cignetti has been the catalyst against a losing culture that made changes mainly to the mindset of the players. From my perspective, our competition has been formidable ever week is an epic struggle. This coming weeks game is no different. We play a really good program in New Hampshire away. We are counted out already. I'm glad Under Armour makes great thermal gear! Sort of like a long road trip to Cullowhee.

I see what your trying to do there. No you can't steal the underdog role when you are 8-1 with no FCS losses, and ranked 6 or 7 and playing an unranked team ( well, according to this poll). Your coming into the Dungeon at the end of the season hoping to firm up a playoff top 8 seed and eliminate UNH from the playoffs in the process. Check with Maine 2013, and Richmond 2015 and see how that went for them.

MR. CHICKEN
November 5th, 2017, 02:22 PM
......GRASSHOPPERAH.........WHEN YER 8-1.....YOU...DUH HUNTED.......NOT DUH HUNTER......(REALIZE YER NEW TA RARE AIR)........xbowx......AWK!

Grandpa
November 5th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Elon hasn’t played their best game. For all of you in Durham best hope it’s not this Saturday.

Nothing phases this team.

Grandpa
November 5th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Elon hasn’t played their best game yet. Just keep that in mind when looking at useless comparisons.

RootinFerDukes
November 5th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Elon hasn’t played their best game yet. Just keep that in mind when looking at useless comparisons.

Well they better hurry up and find it. They’re nine games in and have two of their tougher games of the season coming up.

ecasadoSBU
November 5th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Just seeing Stony Brook mentioned in the OP is exciting. We have come a long way. Its the first time we are in top tier of this league. Its hasn't been pretty but we are still hanging... Go Seawolves

Terry2889
November 5th, 2017, 06:19 PM
South Jersey counties:
Atlantic
Cumberland
Camden
Cape May
Salem
Gloucester
Burlington

Central more than South
Ocean
Mercer

Central more than North
Monmouth
Middlesex
Somerset
Union

West more than North
Hunterdon
Sussex
Morris
Warren

North Jersey
Hudson
Essex
Bergen
Passaic

Well Done Gang! I'm Camden County so we get a ton of college coaches in to see kids. Used to see Tony all the time. The worst is when UNH's OC Carty stops in. It's still hard to speak to a UD grad face to face...

KPSUL
November 5th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Just seeing Stony Brook mentioned in the OP is exciting. We have come a long way. Its the first time we are in top tier of this league. Its hasn't been pretty but we are still hanging... Go Seawolves
You've been right on the cusp for several years. Congratulations on getting to 7 wins already, but don't even think about losing to Wagner Saturday! Otherwise good luck representing the conference in the playoffs! xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2017, 07:29 PM

I think stony is a very underrated team, f you get matched up with a valley team just watch how they disrespect you and then you go out and beat them. It can happen

spdram
November 5th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Regardless of what happens next week, it does look like said game in Elon will decide the champ, but yeah, all our attention should be with the splatters.

you must have much practice with ink blots

KPSUL
November 5th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Elon hasn’t played their best game. For all of you in Durham best hope it’s not this Saturday.

Nothing phases this team.

Good! Then they won't be phased by losing their last two conference games when they're in the playoffs representing the conference!

katss07
November 5th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Yeah, this is way to early. As much as I like what Elon has done this year, I cant see them escaping the Dungeon. UNH should win this one.

Elon1985
November 6th, 2017, 08:44 AM
I think most Elon fans would admit to being stunned by what this team has accomplished this season...I started the season thinking it would be a couple of years before this staff molded the team into a contender, so we're likely a bit giddy...

But, I suspect it will be a great game, some head-scratching moments for both teams, but reeling off eight straight wins suggests to me anyway that it's a team that doesn't panic, plays within itself, and isn't intimidated. Can Elon win, absolutely! Will Elon win, setting up a showdown with JMU?...no frickin clue, but this ought to be a heck of a game.

Grandpa
November 6th, 2017, 12:46 PM
UNH better win. Elon goes to the playoffs regardless of the outcome. UNH does not. UNH backers may want to check the threads from our previous games. Everybody dumps on the Phoenix then cries after the game. I love the haters.

RootinFerDukes
November 6th, 2017, 02:33 PM
UNH better win. Elon goes to the playoffs regardless of the outcome. UNH does not. UNH backers may want to check the threads from our previous games. Everybody dumps on the Phoenix then cries after the game. I love the haters.

Your average margin of victory is 3.9 ppg and you needed double OT to beat Towson. Their comments are more than justified. Close shaves won't cut it against playoff quality teams.

You still don't have a single win over a likely playoff team.

Terry2889
November 6th, 2017, 03:54 PM

I am fully expecting to be one of those come Sunday...

Grandpa
November 6th, 2017, 04:15 PM
UNH has beaten which contender? Holy Cross? Bryant? Really?

wins matter. And you couldn’t even beat Holy Cross. WTF?

StrikeJMU
November 6th, 2017, 04:46 PM

This must be one of those young, hip, internet troll grandpas.

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Hes from NC. He could be 35. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Hey strikejmu, are you old enough to remember your avatars show back in the mid-80s when he was on the radio ... he did a skit about Elvis Presley one time that was freaking hilarious. Elvis from the grave if I remember correctly

StrikeJMU
November 6th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Hey strikejmu, are you old enough to remember your avatars show back in the mid-80s when he was on the radio ... he did a skit about Elvis Presley one time that was freaking hilarious. Elvis from the grave if I remember correctly

I don't remember that one off hand, I started listening in 2000, but thanks to the wonderful world of archived Stern Shows and his "best of" 101 channel, I've pretty much heard all the classics. I put my foot down years ago and my company pays for my satellite radio in my work truck.

I found this one from 96' though. Might be it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwY78uH0awc

phoenix3
November 6th, 2017, 05:40 PM
UNH has beaten which contender? Holy Cross? Bryant? Really?

wins matter. And you couldn’t even beat Holy Cross. WTF?
True. The only playoff contenders UNH has played, they were smoked by.

KPSUL
November 6th, 2017, 06:08 PM

We've been in the playoffs for 13 straight years, so it might be nice to finally rake the leaves and clean out the rain gutters the weekend after Thanksgiving. if we can't win at home Saturday we wouldn't win a playoff game on the road anyway. Actually, until you came along, I thought the Elon posters were among the best on AGS. So calm down Grandpa, pointing out that UNH has won more decisively against all three common opponents, and that UNH has the biggest home field edge in FCS football outside of the Fargo Dome is not dumping or hating on Elon.

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2017, 06:12 PM
I'm still waiting for an Elon fan to tell us how they got so good so fast

Grandpa
November 6th, 2017, 07:03 PM
All good gentlemen and what’s an avatar? :)

seriously, I believe we got really good with the coaching change. Cignetti and the assistants that he hired, all know how to win. Massive change in culture and all facets of the program. Nice to finally win some games and be in the conversation.

phoenix3
November 6th, 2017, 07:22 PM
I'm still waiting for an Elon fan to tell us how they got so good so fast
Coaching change was the biggest thing, but imo not for the reason you might think. I think the Players trust Cignetti et. al. I don’t think they trusted the previous regime. Skrosky et. al. recruited very well. Cyphers, Cheek, Summers, McNair the entire offensive line we’re all recruited under Skrosky. So it wasn’t like we had no talent. Cignetti just knows how to get production.

Grandpa
November 6th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Agreed. Well stated. + Cignetti took an underrated defense and made them really good. Triiscani and his staff have done a great job. Cignetti also had the wherewithal to retain coach Wrobo. May turn out to be his best decision.

ElonFirefighter
November 6th, 2017, 07:28 PM
I'm still waiting for an Elon fan to tell us how they got so good so fastSpace Jam ring a bell

Gangtackle11
November 6th, 2017, 07:36 PM
I’m a Elon fan come playoffs.

Coach Trisciani is a class act. Defensive Assistant Dylan Lucas CAA frosh of the year in 2011 for Nova. Now Elon DL assistant.

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Coaching change was the biggest thing, but imo not for the reason you might think. I think the Players trust Cignetti et. al. I don’t think they trusted the previous regime. Skrosky et. al. recruited very well. Cyphers, Cheek, Summers, McNair the entire offensive line we’re all recruited under Skrosky. So it wasn’t like we had no talent. Cignetti just knows how to get production.

thanks for that Elon, Cignetti has to be the odds on favorite for coach of the year

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Space Jam ring a bell

not sure how it applies here but I'll take the Steve Miller version any day of the week, Time keeps on slipping into the future

ngineer
November 6th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Agreed. Well stated. + Cignetti took an underrated defense and made them really good. Triiscani and his staff have done a great job. Cignetti also had the wherewithal to retain coach Wrobo. May turn out to be his best decision.

I am familiar with Triscani from his time at Lehigh. You could tell he was a guy on the rise. I doubt you keep him very long....indeed a lot of people would love to see him reorganize our defense in Bethlehem, PA!

jmufan999
November 6th, 2017, 08:05 PM
remember a few weeks ago, when all of us picked Nova over Elon? i learned my lesson. i’m taking Elon. i don’t know why. their season reminds me of the JMU ‘08 season where about 4-5 games were decided on the last play, or at least in the last minute.

on the other hand, i wouldn’t be shocked to see them lose by 30.

but i can’t stand fence-riding predictions, so my money is on Elon, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElonFirefighter
November 6th, 2017, 08:08 PM
not sure how it applies here but I'll take the Steve Miller version any day of the week, Time keeps on slipping into the futureThe movie where the alians stole all the great NBA players talent.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwiAwd-MsavXAhVE5yYKHelGDgYQxa8BCDgwCQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

grayghost06
November 6th, 2017, 08:54 PM
I miss Elon's old logo:http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26434&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26435&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26433&stc=1

KPSUL
November 6th, 2017, 09:12 PM
thanks for that Elon, Cignetti has to be the odds on favorite for coach of the year

Mike Houston didn't win it last season, because of that, I'd have to think they won't give it to a 1st year FCS coach. Keeler won it last year. I'd say Houston has a better chance this season.

Grandpa
November 7th, 2017, 05:42 AM
I miss Elon's old logo:http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26434&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26435&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26433&stc=1
BRING IT BACK!!!!

Bison56
November 7th, 2017, 06:17 AM

Badass

MR. CHICKEN
November 7th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Mike Houston didn't win it last season, because of that, I'd have to think they won't give it to a 1st year FCS coach. Keeler won it last year. I'd say Houston has a better chance this season.

.......BRUCE BARNUM....(Portland State)...WAS ESSENTIALLY....UH FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH.....2015......WHEN VIKES WENT 9-2.....REGULAR SEASON......AFTERAH...NAMED INTERIM COACH NOVEMBER OF 2014...&.......NAMED HEAD COACH IN DECEMBER 2014.................AWK!

.....ELON WAS RANKED DEAD LAST BAH STREET/SMITH.....NEXT TA LAST....LINDY'S.........IT'S UH FICKLED PROCESS........AS WHEN KEELER TOOK TUBBY'S WING-T PLAYERS....TA MECCAH.....2003......AN' WAS SHUNNED WHIFF UH SCARLET D.....IN HIS 2nd YEAR....BRAWK!

Mattymc727
November 7th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Elon is about to run out of steam. UNH wins this by 3 scores. Both will be 8-3 come Playoff time

Terry2889
November 7th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Elon is about to run out of steam. UNH wins this by 3 scores. Both will be 8-3 come Playoff time

Thanks for officially jinxing us Matty! One of two streaks ends that is long overdue, our playoff streak or Elon's winning streak!

Gangtackle11
November 7th, 2017, 08:44 AM

You may be right, but Elon is better than you think.

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2017, 11:02 AM
True. The only playoff contenders UNH has played, they were smoked by.

Has Elon beaten a team that is a lock for the playoffs with two weeks to go? Not yet.

Mattymc727
November 7th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Actually, the only one that really smoked UNH was Holy Cross, weirdly enough.

This is just a bad mix for Elon here. Perfect storm of things going UNH's way. You can ask KPSUL, I've been a UNH doubter all year, but the tide seems to be turning for them right now (despite the 21-0 shutout in Harrisonburg, thanks to turnovers). And UNH plays really well with their backs to the wall (take a look at some of their playoff runs in previous years).

However, if Elon does win, it solidifies them as a CAA power and may make them a national title contender, which is quite surreal considering their rough CAA start!

phoenix3
November 7th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Has Elon beaten a team that is a lock for the playoffs with two weeks to go? Not yet.
Oh, don't misunderstand, that wasn't a comparison. It was just an acknowledgement of a factual statement. It's also true that Elon hasn't beaten a team that's a lock for the playoffs. Not yet.

Reign of Terrier
November 7th, 2017, 11:53 AM

To be fair, this season is weird in that there are very few locks because of how saturated the field is. Elon definitely benefits from a relatively weak CAA schedule, but arguably New Hampshire hasn't beaten anyone of consequence either.

The CAA, Big Sky and Southland are having a weird year in that each has 2+ good teams but around 3-4 or so the teams have questionable resumes because the conference schedule has been relatively weak compared to the top teams.

ecasadoSBU
November 7th, 2017, 12:30 PM
What is the scenario where Stony Brook wins its first championship? if there is such. That's the one I want to know

Hey, I gotta dream right?
lol

ElonFirefighter
November 7th, 2017, 12:53 PM
What is the scenario where Stony Brook wins its first championship? if there is such. That's the one I want to know

Hey, I gotta dream right?
lol

They have tie with only Elon. Elon needs to loose to UNH but beat JMU. JMU needs to loose to UR and Elon. This will make both SB and Elon 7-1 and JMU 6-2. The like game of UNH where SB won and Elon lost would give SB the auto bid.

With that said this is only the Auto bid so if their is a tie all teams are considered conf champs in the history books

th0m
November 7th, 2017, 01:08 PM
There is a very slim possibility that SB could win the CAA. There is no scenario where SB can win the CAA without looking at the tiebreak. For that to happen both JMU and Elon would need to lose both their games, and seeing they play one another, this is impossible. The first tiebreaker (H2H) does not apply because SB did not play Elon or JMU. The second tiebreaker is win-loss percentage vs. highest placed common opponents, proceeding down. If JMU loses both its games, that means that Elon will win at least one of their games, which means they need to lose to UNH to be even on the record, at which point SB will win the tiebreak over the highest ranked common opponent because they did beat UNH. It does not really matter how UNH or the other teams do for the rest of conference play, because Elon did not play the team SB lost to (Delaware), so it is not applicable for that tie-break. If JMU loses to Richmond but wins vs. Elon, they are even on CAA record. At that point it comes down to who has the better record in the CAA, Richmond or Delaware.

I think that's it.

So SB needs to win out. JMU needs to lose to Richmond but beat Elon (and consequently need Delaware to keep losing and Richmond to keep winning). If JMU loses out, then Elon needs to lose to UNH, in order for SB to win the CAA.

ElonFirefighter
November 7th, 2017, 01:13 PM
There is a very slim possibility that SB could win the CAA. There is no scenario where SB can win the CAA without looking at the tiebreak. For that to happen both JMU and Elon would need to lose both their games, and seeing they play one another, this is impossible. The first tiebreaker (H2H) does not apply because SB did not play Elon or JMU. The second tiebreaker is win-loss percentage vs. highest placed common opponents, proceeding down. If JMU loses both its games, that means that Elon will win at least one of their games, which means they need to lose to UNH to be even on the record, at which point SB will win the tiebreak over the highest ranked common opponent because they did beat UNH. It does not really matter how UNH or the other teams do for the rest of conference play, because Elon did not play the team SB lost to (Delaware), so it is not applicable for that tie-break. If JMU loses to Richmond but wins vs. Elon, they are even on CAA record. At that point it comes down to who has the better record in the CAA, Richmond or Delaware.

I think that's it.

So SB needs to win out. JMU needs to lose to Richmond but beat Elon (and consequently need Delaware to keep losing and Richmond to keep winning). If JMU loses out, then Elon needs to lose to UNH, in order for SB to win the CAA.

Never even looked at that scenario with JMU loosing to UR. That would throw a wrench into things

Elon1985
November 7th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Not really being asked, and I certainly want the opposite, but I wonder how far in the polls Elon might fall if Cinderella loses her slipper in these two games?

I've been so thrilled to watch this resurgence, long awaited of course, but going into to the playoffs losing the final two games of the season (have to be realistic, it's possible), I just wonder how the committee will view the team's resume....

UNH72Plus
November 7th, 2017, 01:21 PM

After the Holy Cross debacle no one up here is taking anything for granted, but UNH is playing it's best football this year and hopefully they are hungry. If you believe Massey's prediction (which I seldom do) UNH has a 59% chance of winning 27-24. If you look at the "meaningless comparisons", in the three games against mutual opponents, UNH out performed Elon in average passing yardage, pass defense, rushing yardage, rushing defense, scoring, and scoring defense. The most significant difference was in points allowed - 47 by UNH and 81 by Elon. With respect to Elon not playing their best game yet, the same could be said for UNH. If the UNH defense that shut JMU out for three quarters and allowed only two TDs, and the offense that ran up 528, 511, and 544 yards total offense, respectively against W&M, URI, and Towson show up it will be a long cold day in the Dungeon for Elon.

th0m
November 7th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Never even looked at that scenario with JMU loosing to UR. That would throw a wrench into things

Imagine if SB would not have lost to Delaware, and JMU/Elon and SB went undefeated. If I'm reading the rules right, then we go to point 3, which is Sagarin's "ELO_CHESS" computation. xdrunkyx

ecasadoSBU
November 7th, 2017, 02:15 PM
They have tie with only Elon. Elon needs to loose to UNH but beat JMU. JMU needs to loose to UR and Elon. This will make both SB and Elon 7-1 and JMU 6-2. The like game of UNH where SB won and Elon lost would give SB the auto bid.

With that said this is only the Auto bid so if their is a tie all teams are considered conf champs in the history books

Ha. This is so unlikely that its not even worth dreaming about.

I'll settle for 3rd, hopefully!

iBOsbu
November 7th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Ha. This is so unlikely that its not even worth dreaming about.

I'll settle for 3rd, hopefully!

We are not gonna win CAA championship.. but I think we have a very good chance of coming second. I just don't see Elon winning against JMU.. and I would give Elon vs UNH a coin flip. If Elon loses both to UNH and JMU, and we beat Maine, then we are second! Man, who would have thought we would be discussing playoffs and CAA championship in November! I am really enjoying this ride. Next year's schedule is brutal.. we play all the top CAA teams, except Elon.

caribbeanhen
November 7th, 2017, 04:46 PM
The movie where the alians stole all the great NBA players talent.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwiAwd-MsavXAhVE5yYKHelGDgYQxa8BCDgwCQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Right, I already posted my opinion on the theme song but admit I have no clue what the point is

caribbeanhen
November 7th, 2017, 04:51 PM

three extra points maybe

I think Elon is the better team but not sure how many points to factor in to the home-field advantage for New Hampshire

should be a good game

iBOsbu
November 8th, 2017, 06:42 AM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20171107112333915607304

^ projects 4 CAA teams. Will 5 get in if UNH and Delaware win out rest if their games?

th0m
November 8th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Yes. That would mean they would both sit at 8-3. SB will win vs Wagner so worst case they lose at Maine, they're still 8-3. Elon's worst case is 8-3 as well (and one of those losses would be to UNH then). No way does an 8-3 CAA team stay out of the playoffs. JMU is in regardless of course.

caa51
November 8th, 2017, 07:21 AM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20171107112333915607304

^ projects 4 CAA teams. Will 5 get in if UNH and Delaware win out rest if their games?

If Monmouth does not win the conference there is no way they deserve to get in. They basically played the big south and patriot league which is a very weak schedule and their only other game was a loss to a 9th place CAA Albany. I know UNH lost to Holy Cross and that is a very bad loss but at least they played a real FCS schedule.

MR. CHICKEN
November 8th, 2017, 07:34 AM
NEW HAMPSHIRE.....156 SAGRIN............29 MASSEY.........SOS 38
MONMOUTH............162.".........."...........34 "........."........"...." 82..............CAR 51.....IS CORRECT.......YOUSE NEW ENGLANDERS...ARE GOOD.........SOMETHIN' IN DUH SYRUP......:D...AWK!

jmufan999
November 8th, 2017, 08:28 AM
I remember a few years ago when NDSU and Ill St. didn't play each other, maybe for two straight years. it really benefitted both programs in terms of playoff seeding, and now maybe the CAA will get a taste of that with SBU not playing Elon or JMU.

ecasadoSBU
November 8th, 2017, 07:46 PM
NEW HAMPSHIRE.....156 SAGRIN............34 MASSEY.........SOS 38
MONMOUTH............162.".........."...........29 "........."........"...." 82..............CAR 51.....IS CORRECT.......YOUSE NEW ENGLANDERS...ARE GOOD.........SOMETHIN' IN DUH SYRUP......:D...AWK!

I haven't been around too long. But may I ask why do you always type like this?

Makes it really hard for me to understand. LOL

ecasadoSBU
November 8th, 2017, 07:53 PM
We are not gonna win CAA championship.. but I think we have a very good chance of coming second. I just don't see Elon winning against JMU.. and I would give Elon vs UNH a coin flip. If Elon loses both to UNH and JMU, and we beat Maine, then we are second! Man, who would have thought we would be discussing playoffs and CAA championship in November! I am really enjoying this ride. Next year's schedule is brutal.. we play all the top CAA teams, except Elon.

I agree. I'm enjoying it also. We need some post-thxgiving football at the Brook!

caa51
November 8th, 2017, 08:05 PM
I agree. I'm enjoying it also. We need some post-thxgiving football at the Brook!

Stonybrook is having an incredible season and I think the criticism of them playing a soft schedule is very unfair. I was watching highlights of their overtime win against Albany and the stadium looked empty. I know the attendance said 7K but it sure didn't look that way. Are the fans not buying in to their special season?

ecasadoSBU
November 8th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Stonybrook is having an incredible season and I think the criticism of them playing a soft schedule is very unfair. I was watching highlights of their overtime win against Albany and the stadium looked empty. I know the attendance said 7K but it sure didn't look that way. Are the fans not buying in to their special season?

If isn't the home opener or homecoming don't count on a well attended game here. It's sad honestly. But its just life in the island, or in NY state. CFB doesn't draw much here. In regards to buying in... some of us have, but a segment of the fan base is unhappy with coach P, the play-calling, and the near collapses every 4th quarter

it feels different to '11 and '12... back then you felt the confidence and winning attitude of RB duo Maysonet/Jackolski... this year we win, but barely getting by.

Nonetheless, I'm hopeful of a potential playoff game @ home! crossing fingers

UNHWildcat18
November 9th, 2017, 03:10 AM
If isn't the home opener or homecoming don't count on a well attended game here. It's sad honestly. But its just life in the island, or in NY state. CFB doesn't draw much here. In regards to buying in... some of us have, but a segment of the fan base is unhappy with coach P, the play-calling, and the near collapses every 4th quarter

it feels different to '11 and '12... back then you felt the confidence and winning attitude of RB duo Maysonet/Jackolski... this year we win, but barely getting by.

You guys are being way too humble, if you guys win out and so does UD you are 9-2 with a close loss to 8-3 UD(tied for 3rd in CAA) and a USF team that could be ranked by seasons end. You should be getting the 7/8 seed

th0m
November 9th, 2017, 03:12 AM

I mean, how do you expect chickens to talk?

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 9th, 2017, 05:09 AM
Here it is Richmond/JMU week and there's a more active thread about next week's JMU/Elon game with a heavy dose of Stont Brook talk.

What a world we live in.

RootinFerDukes
November 9th, 2017, 05:55 AM
Not really being asked, and I certainly want the opposite, but I wonder how far in the polls Elon might fall if Cinderella loses her slipper in these two games?

I've been so thrilled to watch this resurgence, long awaited of course, but going into to the playoffs losing the final two games of the season (have to be realistic, it's possible), I just wonder how the committee will view the team's resume....

You’ll stay in the top 15, top 20 at worst. A seed is guaranteed to not happen. Elon needs to win one of their final two to likely lock up the seed and bye week.

RootinFerDukes
November 9th, 2017, 06:10 AM

Dude, he’s a foghorn leghorn chicken. How else is he supposed to talk? Cut him some slack.

cx500d
November 9th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Dude, he’s a foghorn leghorn chicken. How else is he supposed to talk? Cut him some slack.

I figgered he would talk in a southern Kentucky colonel type accent

fc97
November 9th, 2017, 07:14 AM
I honestly worry that an 8-3 Elon team on a two game skid (if we lose to both UNH and JMU) won't make the playoffs.

Win/Loss record is only one aspect, the committee is very much "what have you done for me lately" as well. And without history of success for many years, a two game skid looks bad.

Terry2889
November 9th, 2017, 07:14 AM

It truly is an art!

Terry2889
November 9th, 2017, 07:22 AM
I figgered he would talk in a southern Kentucky colonel type accent

All of this foghorn leghorn talk inspired me to look up some old school looney toons on Youtube! They were friggin' hilarious! The best is the one of Bugs Bunny making the two hillbillies square dance off of a cliff...

jmufan999
November 9th, 2017, 07:55 AM
I honestly worry that an 8-3 Elon team on a two game skid (if we lose to both UNH and JMU) won't make the playoffs.

Win/Loss record is only one aspect, the committee is very much "what have you done for me lately" as well. And without history of success for many years, a two game skid looks bad.

you really don't need history of success to make the playoffs. for the most part, the committee gets the teams right. how they get paired is sometimes weird, but they have guidelines they have to follow.

you're in the playoffs as long as you don't get embarrassed in your last two games. not saying that will happen, don't take that the wrong way. but if you were to lose by, say, 35 in each game, that would look really bad. that screams "pretender". just be relatively competitive and you're in. but you REALLY need one of the last two, as 8-3 means playing on thanksgiving weekend. no team has won the title without a first round bye since the playoff expansion. winning 5 games in a row is just one game shy of what you need to win March Madness. that's how tough it is.

jmufan999
November 9th, 2017, 08:17 AM
you're in the playoffs as long as you don't get embarrassed in your last two games. not saying that will happen, don't take that the wrong way. but if you were to lose by, say, 35 in each game, that would look really bad. that screams "pretender". just be relatively competitive and you're in.

I thought about this for a few minutes and have changed my mind. forgot your only loss was to an FBS team. an 8-3 (6-2 CAA) team is not getting left at home no matter how you finish. you're in no matter what.

phoenix3
November 9th, 2017, 08:52 AM
you really don't need history of success to make the playoffs. for the most part, the committee gets the teams right. how they get paired is sometimes weird, but they have guidelines they have to follow.

you're in the playoffs as long as you don't get embarrassed in your last two games. not saying that will happen, don't take that the wrong way. but if you were to lose by, say, 35 in each game, that would look really bad. that screams "pretender". just be relatively competitive and you're in. but you REALLY need one of the last two, as 8-3 means playing on thanksgiving weekend. no team has won the title without a first round bye since the playoff expansion. winning 5 games in a row is just one game shy of what you need to win March Madness. that's how tough it is.
I hope I'm correct in saying this, (time will tell), But even if we lose both final games, I don't think they will be huge losses. I can't see this team giving up in the 4th qtr which is what it would take for a big loss.

jmufan999
November 9th, 2017, 08:58 AM
I hope I'm correct in saying this, (time will tell), But even if we lose both final games, I don't think they will be huge losses. I can't see this team giving up in the 4th qtr which is what it would take for a big loss.

I don't either. I also predicted you would beat UNH. My predictions suck, though, just for full disclosure.

wcugrad95
November 9th, 2017, 09:03 AM
you really don't need history of success to make the playoffs. for the most part, the committee gets the teams right. how they get paired is sometimes weird, but they have guidelines they have to follow...... as long as you don't get embarrassed in your last two games. not saying that will happen, don't take that the wrong way. but if you were to lose by, say, 35 in each game, that would look really bad. that screams "pretender".

How about if your last game is against a P5 FBS school? Next weekend has become a common landing spot for those kinds of games that used to always happen early in the season. I agree that losing a conference game by 3+ scores would draw attention by the committee, but how about a 30+ point loss to an FBS school? I still don't know how the committee views and/or gives credit for any FBS game - much less when it occurs. I know how they calculate the outcome for WL "points", but don't know how they view it, how they factor in the FBS school's WL ratio into the SRS system, etc.

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2017, 09:20 AM
How about if your last game is against a P5 FBS school? Next weekend has become a common landing spot for those kinds of games that used to always happen early in the season. I agree that losing a conference game by 3+ scores would draw attention by the committee, but how about a 30+ point loss to an FBS school? I still don't know how the committee views and/or gives credit for any FBS game - much less when it occurs. I know how they calculate the outcome for WL "points", but don't know how they view it, how they factor in the FBS school's WL ratio into the SRS system, etc.

.....COMMITTEE.....IS MADE UP UH....AFFLETIC DIRECTORS........SAME CATS......WHO.....SKED DUH DUCAT GAMES..........THINK DEY UNDERSTAND........WHAA USUALLAH....HAPPENS.......WHEN YA TAKE ON DUH......BIG BOYS......WHOM.....LEAVE YA'S.......LITTLE O' NO....CHANCE.............JES' GET BAH MERCER.........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2017, 04:00 PM

it probably feels different because you're in the CAA now

JayMYou
November 9th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Here it is Richmond/JMU week and there's a more active thread about next week's JMU/Elon game with a heavy dose of Stont Brook talk.

What a world we live in.

RU jealous? xviolinx

It's a discussion about the CAA championship, why would anyone be mentioning about Richmond?

iBOsbu
November 11th, 2017, 05:55 PM
So....what happens if JMU goes 8-0; and SB, Elon, UNH and UD all end with 6-2 CAA record?

th0m
November 11th, 2017, 06:17 PM
So....what happens if JMU goes 8-0; and SB, Elon, UNH and UD all end with 6-2 CAA record?

Well that would be one giant cluster***.

Stony beat UNH
UNH beat Elon
Delaware beat Stony
Elon beat Furman (but quality CAA wins are thin)

those are the good wins, but there are also some stinkers

Stony loses to Albany (the hypothetical)
Delaware losing to Towson
UNH losing badly to HC.

I think if there are 4 spots for the CAA then Elon might be left out in part due to their 2 game skid. Southern is looking like a 2 bid league though, that helps the cause.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 11th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Well that would be one giant cluster***.

Stony beat UNH
UNH beat Elon
Delaware beat Stony
Elon beat Furman (but quality CAA wins are thin)

those are the good wins, but there are also some stinkers

Stony loses to Albany (the hypothetical)
Delaware losing to Towson
UNH losing badly to HC.

I think if there are 4 spots for the CAA then Elon might be left out in part due to their 2 game skid. Southern is looking like a 2 bid league though, that helps the cause.

If Delaware and UNH both win next week, Elon loses to JMU (likely), and Stony brook beats Maine, you could have an 11-0, 9-2, and three 8-3 teams in the CAA. In that scenario is there any way the CAA doesn't get 5 teams in?

Seawolf97
November 11th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Next Saturday certainly will be interesting . We just need to win and let everyone else do their thing .

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 07:20 PM
If Delaware and UNH both win next week, Elon loses to JMU (likely), and Stony brook beats Maine, you could have an 11-0, 9-2, and three 8-3 teams in the CAA. In that scenario is there any way the CAA doesn't get 5 teams in?

It depends how many 6-5 MVFC teams they don't vote in....

UNHWildcat18
November 11th, 2017, 07:20 PM

While I think that the CAA should get those 5 if that is the case, I could see one getting the shaft depending on how other conferences do. I can see a 3rd or 4th soconn, 4th big sky, or 3rd/4th southland team taking a spot (regardless of how garbage their schedule is). Gotta pray for upsets next week in those 3 conferences.

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2017, 07:33 PM
The third or fourth southland team is starting to piss me off

th0m
November 11th, 2017, 07:34 PM
While I think that the CAA should get those 5 if that is the case, I could see one getting the shaft depending on how other conferences do. I can see a 3rd or 4th soconn, 4th big sky, or 3rd/4th southland team taking a spot (regardless of how garbage their schedule is). Gotta pray for upsets next week in those 3 conferences.

SoCon looking like a 2 bid league with an outside shot at 3 if Furman loses vs Samford. Big Sky is a mess and Southland...well what can you say about the Southland. Also hope NC A&T wins out so they don't take an at large.

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2017, 07:36 PM

and let's not forget New Hampshire, the committee is Little darlings, Have made the playoffs 13 consecutive years and the committee would probably just love to make it 14, and of course Delaware offers a bigger pAy day then a lot of those other bubble team is forming up especially in those southland teams

BlueHenSinfonian
November 11th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Looking at the other conferences:

Big Sky: There could be anywhere from three to five teams in play, a lot of it depends on the outcome of the SUU/NAU game. If NAU wins, EWU wins, and Weber State wins you're going to be looking at 4 teams with 7 D1 wins, and one with 8 D1 wins if Montana beats Montana State. If SUU wins it could knock NAU out, one of Weber's wins is sub-D1, which I know has changed in the rules, but they could be the odd man out if they don't beat Idaho State.

Big South: Monmouth and Kennesaw State are the contenders (is Kennesaw state playoff eligible this year?) and the play against each other next week. Could the Big South get two teams in?

NEC: Central Connecticut and Duquesne are both sitting at 7 wins (6 D1) with the chance to go to 7 D1 next week for each, could they get two?

OVC: JSU is a lock, but Eastern Illinois and Austin Peay are in 2nd and 3rd, and play each other next week. Austin Peay is at 7 D1 wins, Eastern at 6. If Austin Peay wins it should knock Eastern out, but if Eastern wins it could set the stage for three potential OVC entrants.

Patriot League: This is a dumpster fire, but if Colgate beats Georgetown they'll at least take the league and have 7 D1 wins. There's no hope for a second contender.

Southland: This could be a mess. Sam Houston has 9 D1, and with a likely win over HBU, will have 10, they should be a lock. Central Ark has 8 D1, and with a likely win against ACU will have 9, again, they should be a lock. Nicholls is also sitting at 8 D1 with the chance to go to 9 with a win over SELA, I can't see how they'd be left out. McNeese is at 7 wins, only 6 D1, and a game next week against Lamar they should win. Still, could the Southland get four teams in? I think even if McNeese wins next week they might be left out in the cold.

Southern: Wofford is a lock. Furman should be in, they're at 7 D1 now, but they need to beat Samford next week. Samford is at 7 wins, 6 D1, and with with over Furman could really complicate things. WCU is at 7 D1, and will get cockslapped by UNC next week (wow, WCU had three FBS teams on their schedule this year). If Furman wins the SoCon is a 2 or 3 team league, depending on how gracious the committee is to WCU. If Samford wins, who the hell knows.

MVFC: Another potential cluster here. NDSU is obviously in, SDSU as well. If USD beats SDSU next week I don't see how they get left out either. That leaves us with three more bubble teams - Ill State, Western Illinois, and UNI. Illinois State plays NDSU, so they'll likely be eliminated. What happens in the likely even that both Western and UNI win though? They'll both have 7 D1 wins, including some quality ones. That could make the MVFC a 5-bid league as well.

MEAC: Somebody will be in the playoffs, somebody will go play in their pretend bowl game, doesn't really matter either way who it is.

UpstateBison
November 11th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Elon 2017 = UND 2016

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 07:49 PM
MEAC: Somebody will be in the playoffs, somebody will go play in their pretend bowl game, doesn't really matter either way who it is.

I doubt it...Nobody else in the MEAC is ranked....

BlueHenSinfonian
November 11th, 2017, 07:53 PM
I doubt it...Nobody else in the MEAC is ranked....
Howard over Hampton would give them 8 D1. If NCCU beats A&T does NCCU end up in the Heritage Bowl? That opens the door for A&T in the playoffs.

UNHWildcat18
November 11th, 2017, 07:54 PM

Big Sky: There could be anywhere from three to five teams in play, a lot of it depends on the outcome of the SUU/NAU game. If NAU wins, EWU wins, and Weber State wins you're going to be looking at 4 teams with 7 D1 wins, and one with 8 D1 wins if Montana beats Montana State. If SUU wins it could knock NAU out, one of Weber's wins is sub-D1, which I know has changed in the rules, but they could be the odd man out if they don't beat Idaho State.

Big South: Monmouth and Kennesaw State are the contenders (is Kennesaw state playoff eligible this year?) and the play against each other next week. Could the Big South get two teams in?

NEC: Central Connecticut and Duquesne are both sitting at 7 wins (6 D1) with the chance to go to 7 D1 next week for each, could they get two?

OVC: JSU is a lock, but Eastern Illinois and Austin Peay are in 2nd and 3rd, and play each other next week. Austin Peay is at 7 D1 wins, Eastern at 6. If Austin Peay wins it should knock Eastern out, but if Eastern wins it could set the stage for three potential OVC entrants.

Patriot League: This is a dumpster fire, but if Colgate beats Georgetown they'll at least take the league and have 7 D1 wins. There's no hope for a second contender.

Southland: This could be a mess. Sam Houston has 9 D1, and with a likely win over HBU, will have 10, they should be a lock. Central Ark has 8 D1, and with a likely win against ACU will have 9, again, they should be a lock. Nicholls is also sitting at 8 D1 with the chance to go to 9 with a win over SELA, I can't see how they'd be left out. McNeese is at 7 wins, only 6 D1, and a game next week against Lamar they should win. Still, could the Southland get four teams in? I think even if McNeese wins next week they might be left out in the cold.

Southern: Wofford is a lock. Furman should be in, they're at 7 D1 now, but they need to beat Samford next week. Samford is at 7 wins, 6 D1, and with with over Furman could really complicate things. WCU is at 7 D1, and will get cockslapped by UNC next week (wow, WCU had three FBS teams on their schedule this year). If Furman wins the SoCon is a 2 or 3 team league, depending on how gracious the committee is to WCU. If Samford wins, who the hell knows.

MVFC: Another potential cluster here. NDSU is obviously in, SDSU as well. If USD beats SDSU next week I don't see how they get left out either. That leaves us with three more bubble teams - Ill State, Western Illinois, and UNI. Illinois State plays NDSU, so they'll likely be eliminated. What happens in the likely even that both Western and UNI win though? They'll both have 7 D1 wins, including some quality ones. That could make the MVFC a 5-bid league as well.

Big Sky-4 SUU Weber Montana EWU
Big South-1 Monmouth/KSU
NEC-1 CCSU
OVC-1 JSU
PL-1 Lehigh
Southland- 3 UCA SHSU Nicholls
CAA-5 JMU SBU UD UNH Elon
MVFC-4 SDSU, NDSU, WIU, UNI
Pioneer-1 USD
Southern- 2 Wofford Furman/Samford winner.

That is 23 so probably another slot to a MVFC team or southern team or who knows maybe the big south second place or meac howard.... but maybe two teams of those teams get in and EWU gets the shaft.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2017, 08:57 PM
xconfusedx

.......HAWAII.....NORTH CAROLINA......&.........xconfusedx......xdontknowx............BRA WK!

KPSUL
November 11th, 2017, 09:10 PM
the committee is Little darlings,

WTF does that mean?

BlueHenSinfonian
November 11th, 2017, 09:28 PM
xconfusedx

.......HAWAII.....NORTH CAROLINA......&.........xconfusedx......xdontknowx............BRA WK!

Whoops, saw ETSU and thought ECU.

POD Knows
November 11th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Elon 2017 = UND 2016

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYep, agree

RootinFerDukes
November 11th, 2017, 11:04 PM

If that happens, the caa will get five in. No 6 win mvfc teams get in. At least one or two marginal 7-4 teams from the socon or big sky may not get in without wins over playoff qualifying teams. The big south can forget about 2 bids to the Monmouth/kennesaw loser. Same for the ovc.
Bubble teams are praying for one of those bubble caa teams to fail to get their 8th win.

UNHWildcat18
November 11th, 2017, 11:10 PM
If that happens, the caa will get five in. No 6 win mvfc teams get in. At least one or two marginal 7-4 teams from the socon or big sky may not get in without wins over playoff qualifying teams. The big south can forget about 2 bids to the Monmouth/kennesaw loser. Same for the ovc.
Bubble teams are praying for one of those bubble caa teams to fail to get their 8th win.

The MVFC is not going to get more than 5 teams in.

IF NDSU wins, ISUr is going to go 6-5 going 4-4 (5th place) in conference losing last 3 games. Losing to 3 MVFC playoff teams, losing to SIU, losing to potential playoff NAU, beating only potential playoff team in USD who is probably going to get the boot as well. I am sorry I know they are a good football team but I don't give a **** what conference you are in, that is not deserving of a playoff spot.

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2017, 11:13 PM
The MVFC is not going to get more than 5 teams in.
It may be unlikely but if USD beats SDSU and ISUr beats NDSU the MVFC gets 6 in. They'd have 4 teams at 8-3 or better plus UNI and ISUr at 7-4 with multiple quality wins each.

RootinFerDukes
November 11th, 2017, 11:24 PM
It may be unlikely but if USD beats SDSU and ISUr beats NDSU the MVFC gets 6 in. They'd have 4 teams at 8-3 or better plus UNI and ISUr at 7-4 with multiple quality wins each.

It’d hurt an 8-3 caa team more in that unlikely scenario, but I’d also think one of those two 7-4 mvfc teams will also not make the field. UNI may get shafted for not beating ndsu while isu did.

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2017, 11:29 PM
It’d hurt an 8-3 caa team more in that unlikely scenario, but I’d also think one of those two 7-4 mvfc teams will also not make the field. UNI may get shafted for not beating ndsu while isu did.
In that scenario UNI would be conference co-champs with NDSU at 6-2 (NDSU would be the auto by virtue of the head-to-head win). I'd be shocked if they left UNI out in that case.

That said I'm all for NDSU knocking out ISUr next week by beating them and making the point moot. xthumbsupx

UNHWildcat18
November 12th, 2017, 01:13 AM

That is true, I am actually hoping USD and ISUr lose next week. Makes things much easier IMO

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 06:00 AM
WTF does that mean?

Will see if that's true if both Delaware and New Hampshire both end up 8-3 and one of them doesn't get in

The Hens need to get past the psychological barrier of not being able to beat nova but with no Andy Talley over there and the way things are shaping up here in the last few games it would be a real disappointment if we let a a wounded and limping scraggly cat take us out in the sand box

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Will see if that's true if both Delaware and New Hampshire both end up 8-3 and one of them doesn't get in

The Hens need to get past the psychological barrier of not being able to beat nova but with no Andy Talley over there and the way things are shaping up here in the last few games it would be a real disappointment if we let a a wounded and limping scraggly cat take us out in the sand box

I’m sure it will be the motivating factor for my scraggly Cats. Hopefully, the confusion or lack of tail gate opportunities for the visiting Hens will have the players distracted & confused.

jmu007
November 12th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Time for the Dukes of JMU to head down to Elon and ROLL DAMN DUKES!!! Outright is just so much better than sharing.

KPSUL
November 12th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Time for the Dukes of JMU to head down to Elon and ROLL DAMN DUKES!!! Outright is just so much better than sharing.

You might want to pray for cold weather. Elon looked a bit out of sorts up in NH yesterday.

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2017, 07:27 AM

.....DON'T FO'GET TA PACK.....DUH STREAMERS............AWK!

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2017, 08:08 AM
In that scenario UNI would be conference co-champs with NDSU at 6-2 (NDSU would be the auto by virtue of the head-to-head win). I'd be shocked if they left UNI out in that case.

That said I'm all for NDSU knocking out ISUr next week by beating them and making the point moot. xthumbsupx

It’d be interesting but like you said it’s highly unlikely so it’s kind of moot. It’d be interesting to see if they give 5 to caa and mvfc each at the detriment of many 3rd place socon, slc or big sky conferences. Some even want a 6th mvfc team. They’ve never put more than five in a field from one conference so that 6th mvfc is likely sweating it out on Sunday.

RootinFerDukes
November 12th, 2017, 08:10 AM

There’s no excuse to lose to nova. They may be the worst team in the caa if you look at this second half of the season. Losing to URI is rock bottom.

jmu007
November 12th, 2017, 08:29 AM
There’s no excuse to lose to nova. They may be the worst team in the caa if you look at this second half of the season. Losing to URI is rock bottom.

False! Losing to W&M would be rock bottom this year. xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 10:16 AM
False! Losing to W&M would be rock bottom this year. xthumbsupx

Rumor out of Williamsburg is that Laycock will get a call from the Social Security office first thing Monday morning un be known to him of course

jmu007
November 12th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Rumor out of Williamsburg is that Laycock will get a call from the Social Security office first thing Monday morning un be known to him of course

Yikes!

93henfan
November 12th, 2017, 11:34 AM
If we lose to Nova, combined with the Towson loss, any of our fans even making a peep about playoffs would deserve a swift smack to back of their head. The game next Saturday is the opening round of the playoffs for us. Win and we play again. Lose and we don't.

spdram
November 12th, 2017, 11:47 AM
.....DON'T FO'GET TA PACK.....DUH STREAMERS............AWK!

They should have plenty of spares after the low scoring victory over the Spiders

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2017, 12:24 PM
They should have plenty of spares after the low scoring victory over the Spiders

.....YES SPINOLLI.....YA SCARED 'EM......xrolleyesx......AWK!

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 06:00 PM
So Elon will be fighting for their first playoff berth next Saturday against James Madison university
Elon will be at home
James Madison already got what they wanted with their win over Richmond and if you ask me something just doesn't seem to be clicking with the James Madison offense like It did last year so I'm going to say upset special of the week Elon ruins James Madison's perfect season

th0m
November 12th, 2017, 06:13 PM
I'm not saying I like it, but can you imagine having this years defense with last years offense? That would get boring quick. Ao for the sake of the rest of FCS, you're welcome ;)

Dukie95
November 12th, 2017, 06:20 PM
So Elon will be fighting for their first playoff berth next Saturday against James Madison university
Elon will be at home
James Madison already got what they wanted with their win over Richmond and if you ask me something just doesn't seem to be clicking with the James Madison offense like It did last year so I'm going to say upset special of the week Elon ruins James Madison's perfect season

Yeah, the running game isn't there. Replacing Abullah was no small task and losing Cardon Johnson in game 3 was a worse loss than originally thought.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I'm not saying I like it, but can you imagine having this years defense with last years offense? That would get boring quick. Ao for the sake of the rest of FCS, you're welcome ;)

your defense looked pretty good last year to me, particularly impressive was the way they got after Sammy Houston State

Reign of Terrier
November 12th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Big Sky-4 SUU Weber Montana EWU
Big South-1 Monmouth/KSU
NEC-1 CCSU
OVC-1 JSU
PL-1 Lehigh
Southland- 3 UCA SHSU Nicholls
CAA-5 JMU SBU UD UNH Elon
MVFC-4 SDSU, NDSU, WIU, UNI
Pioneer-1 USD
Southern- 2 Wofford Furman/Samford winner.

That is 23 so probably another slot to a MVFC team or southern team or who knows maybe the big south second place or meac howard.... but maybe two teams of those teams get in and EWU gets the shaft.

I think this is spot on: the last team in will probably be one of: South Dakota (7-4), McNeese (9-2). Furman/Samford loser (7-4), Monmouth/KSU loser (9-2). Don't know who they'd go with in that scenario. I think for politics they wouldn't go to South Dakota, but that's about it.

UNHWildcat18
November 12th, 2017, 07:10 PM
I think this is spot on: the last team in will probably be one of: South Dakota (7-4), McNeese (9-2). Furman/Samford loser (7-4), Monmouth/KSU loser (9-2). Don't know who they'd go with in that scenario. I think for politics they wouldn't go to South Dakota, but that's about it.

I really should have just wrote in USD and put MVFC at 5 to fill out the field no idea why I didn't

DirtyDukes
November 13th, 2017, 09:26 AM
victory over the Spiders

Only relevant part of your post

93henfan
November 13th, 2017, 05:19 PM
JMU opens as a 24 point favorite over Elon on 5dimes.eu. Wow! O/U 48

clenz
November 18th, 2017, 05:40 PM
That is true, I am actually hoping USD and ISUr lose next week. Makes things much easier IMO

How does getting shut out by 3 win Albany make things?

UNHWildcat18
November 18th, 2017, 05:50 PM
How does getting shut out by 3 win Albany make things?

pretty bad seeing we had the worst offensive effort I’ve ever seen. Might still make the playoffs who knows, glad you guys are going to finally get back in the playoffs.

clenz
November 18th, 2017, 07:15 PM
pretty bad seeing we had the worst offensive effort I’ve ever seen. Might still make the playoffs who knows, glad you guys are going to finally get back in the playoffs.

It’s not like it’s been a long wait. We were there in 14 and 15

JMad03
November 18th, 2017, 07:52 PM
your defense looked pretty good last year to me, particularly impressive was the way they got after Sammy Houston State

You are referring to one game. Our defense was great during the playoffs, but the regular season was definitely a work in progress.
If you watched the games last year during the season, the offense was the show.
Coach Houston has made many comments on how poorly our defensive players understood simple concepts like gap integrity and it took most of the season before things started clicking.
The Villanova game was the turn around point last year. Schor went down and the defense woke up. The rest is history.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2017, 12:05 PM
WTF does that mean?

well... haha