PDA

View Full Version : James Madison's '07 Dukes Schedule

BigApp
February 10th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Ok, if this is a duplicate I apologize. I did a search on it, and nothing came up. This was released on December 14th?? :eek:

09/01 @ North Carolina
09/08 New Hampshire
09/15 Virginia Military Institute
09/22 Coastal Carolina
09/29 Villanova
10/06 @ Northeastern
10/13 @ Rhode Island
10/20 Open
10/27 Richmond
11/03 @ Delaware
11/10 @ William & Mary
11/17 Towson

http://www.jmusports.com/Team/Stories/2_4679.asp?TeamID=2

BigApp
February 10th, 2007, 03:34 PM
wow! 4 straight homie's after the opener!

GoldandBlack
February 10th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Playing at UNC with their new head coach and staff should be an interesting experience!

It would be great if you caught them flat-footed.:nod:

th0m
February 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah we are definitely hoping to beat them, but who knows with their new coach. Furman almost beat them last season...

Our schedule has indeed been posted, but I don't mind the repeat ;)

Our '08 and '09 schedules are completed as well.

OOC: @Duke, vs. Appalachian State, vs. Liberty, @ VMI
Conf: Normal CAA South slate, coupled with the other 3 north teams (UMass, Hofstra, Maine)
OOC: @ Maryland, @ Liberty, vs. VMI
Conf: Normal CAA South slate, coupled with the same 3 north teams as '08 but mirrored home/away ofc.
and then we play UNC in '11 again.

Mountaineer
February 10th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I think Carolina got a pretty solid recruiting class this year, and I imagine Davis is gonna get that program turned around in a hurry. If there's a chance for JMU to grab a win, the first game is definitely the time to do it. :nod:

That said, the rest of the schedule looks great. Beat Coastal! :thumbsup: :hurray:

Poly Pigskin
February 11th, 2007, 03:59 AM
I think Carolina got a pretty solid recruiting class this year, and I imagine Davis is gonna get that program turned around in a hurry. If there's a chance for JMU to grab a win, the first game is definitely the time to do it. :nod:

That said, the rest of the schedule looks great. Beat Coastal! :thumbsup: :hurray:

I disagree, the first game might be the toughest to pull the upset. Everyone on their team should be buying into the new coach's system, so they will probably come out and play hard. If JMU played them after a couple of losses though then NC might get the "here we go again" attitude and play worse.

I'm not saying the Dukes can't pull the upset, they are certainly a talented team, but I don't think that's the ideal time to play them. I can see it turning into one of those games where JMU hangs around for 2 or 3 quarters really tough, but Carolina is able to pull out the win just because they have more depth.

jmufootball2
February 11th, 2007, 06:46 PM
It is going to be interesting how Davis approaches this game. If he tells the team the Dukes have ther ability to win the game or if he looks ahead to next week. I think no matter what the heels will come out strong and eager to make a good showing for their new coach.

FlyYtown
February 11th, 2007, 08:56 PM
wow! 4 straight homie's after the opener!
Like YSU.

Does this thread want predictions for JMU lol? I will be more than happy to throw my 2 cents into the thread.

I will say this, and don't yell at me for posting my opinion!!!! I don't think you will beat UNC, or UNH, or UD.

That is 3 losses, and much of that can be blamed on a new qb. Losing Rascati is going to be horrible for you guys, let alone any team with a leader like that man. He was the best QB I saw in person in 2006... Edwards is in a league of his own.

Good Luck JMU, I'd love to see you come to Stambaugh again lol!!!!!
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

jmufootball2
February 11th, 2007, 09:16 PM

What is so funny? Actually we should see YSU in Bridgeforth this year for payback of having to go on the road last year(No im not complaining just saying we need a home playoff game, its been a while). I may be the only person but UNH is overrated going into this season.

BDKJMU
February 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Like YSU.

Does this thread want predictions for JMU lol? I will be more than happy to throw my 2 cents into the thread.

I will say this, and don't yell at me for posting my opinion!!!! I don't think you will beat UNC, or UNH, or UD.

That is 3 losses, and much of that can be blamed on a new qb. Losing Rascati is going to be horrible for you guys, let alone any team with a leader like that man. He was the best QB I saw in person in 2006... Edwards is in a league of his own.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Lose @UNC and @ UD, yeah, I'm picking that. But now way JMU loses the home opener to UNH to start out 0-2. Losing Rascati is big, but remember, Landers will be a 4th yr junior, not some freshman, and has been very impressive in limited playing time. I wouldn't be surprised if JMU has a similar offense to ASU & WVU next year which Landers & Holloman would be perfect for. I wouldn't be surprised if Landers ends up being JMU's best running QB ever, and JMU has had some good ones-Erik Williams (early 90s), Mike Cawley (mid 90s), Rascati to name a few. After winning the NC 04' and then the opeing of the $9.8 million football support facility in 05' JMU has had 3 of their best recruiting classes ever 05'-07'. Without analyzing position by position, JMU will be good. Maybe not as good as last yr, but then again, last yr was a little better than 05' team, and 05' team was a little better talent wise than 04' NC team. Playoffs a good possibilty? Yes, esp if we get a transfer or 2 at linebacker NC contender? Unlikely. 13 starters bacl from last yr. Looks right now only will be 6 senior starters, so could be 18 back 08'.

bandl
February 12th, 2007, 11:47 AM
What is so funny? Actually we should see YSU in Bridgeforth this year for payback of having to go on the road last year(No im not complaining just saying we need a home playoff game, its been a while). I may be the only person but UNH is overrated going into this season.

UNH is overrated every season...period. They went into the JMU game this last season as the top dog, and JMU was not given a chance by anyone to beat them (except me...;) ). JMU beat the ever-living ***** out of them, on BOTH sides of the ball. Losing Rascati might hurt a bit, but I think Landers is going to do just fine. He's an even better scrambler than Rascati is. :eek: And our defense is going to be a beast once again.

DTSpider
February 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I'm just disappointed JMU has a bye before the UR game. As much as it may pain JMU to admit it, but over the last 10 years I think that UR-JMU has been a battle almost every year. With so many players recruited by both schools it's a dog fight. Not to mention that it's often the homecoming game.

bandl
February 12th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I'm just disappointed JMU has a bye before the UR game. As much as it may pain JMU to admit it, but over the last 10 years I think that UR-JMU has been a battle almost every year. With so many players recruited by both schools it's a dog fight. Not to mention that it's often the homecoming game.
Except last season...Richmond got eaten up pretty bad in the dog fight...;)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
February 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Except last season...Richmond got eaten up pretty bad in the dog fight...;)

I dunno, it could have been a lot closer (or a lot worse). Strange strong wind in that game. We played well with the elements and perhaps had a good day for a "conservative" coach. The big QB forced fumble return was HUGE.

Anyway, I agree with you DT about the close games we've had. UR is always circled on JMU's schedule, along with UD and W&M.

And we also have to go up to Northeastern after their bye week. Could be a big trap after playing 4 home games in a row. :rolleyes:

I see 8 wins and another road trip in the first round. xcoffeex :o

rufus
February 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I see 8 wins and another road trip in the first round.
I've pretty much accepted that JMU will never again play a home playoff game. The selection committee has sent that message loud and clear. What bothers me most isn't just that we're always sent on the road -- it's where we're sent. Our last four playoff losses have come at Youngstown, Troy, App State, and Marshall. It's a miracle that we've never been sent to Missoula. I say it's a conspiracy. :)

FlyYtown
February 13th, 2007, 12:01 PM

Memories of the best game since Nova in '91 at Stambaugh!
http://photos-774.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v47/221/48/49103089/n49103089_30426774_7073.jpg

and the best photo ever!
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5615/youdidntmakeitvt6.jpg

th0m
February 13th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Good for you.