PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 9 2017

bonarae
November 4th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Yale controlling its own destiny for the title...

Dartmouth at Brown
Penn at Harvard
Yale at Princeton
Columbia at Cornell

bulldog10jw
November 4th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Dartmouth - isn't this the Fenway Park game?
Penn
Yale
Columbia

Ivytalk
November 5th, 2017, 05:25 AM
Dartmouth
Harvard
Yale
Cornell

Go Green
November 5th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Dartmouth - isn't this the Fenway Park game?

Yep! Original estimates predicted a crowd of 20,000 for the game. But Brown is having its worst season in a generation and has drawn poorly all season.

It will probably be somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000, and probably heavily leaning Dartmouth.

Oh, and GO PRINCETON! BEAT YALE!!!

Son of Eli
November 5th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Dartmouth
Harvard (Harvard’s back. Watch out)
Yale ( but game has me nervous. I’ve seen too many Yale seasons crushed by Princeton/Harvard)
Columbia (Defense will shut down Cornell)

Green26
November 5th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Yep! Original estimates predicted a crowd of 20,000 for the game. But Brown is having its worst season in a generation and has drawn poorly all season.

It will probably be somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000, and probably heavily leaning Dartmouth.

Oh, and GO PRINCETON! BEAT YALE!!!

As I said before, I will be at the Fenway game. Coming from Montana. The Dartmouth Food Club is having its annual meeting in Boston on Friday night and Saturday.

Go...gate
November 6th, 2017, 12:44 AM
Hard to imagine the Tiger beating the Eli after the past two weeks. I hope I am wrong.

World
November 6th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Hard to imagine the Tiger beating the Eli after the past two weeks. I hope I am wrong.

Sorry, don't understand

When you say the past two weeks, are you talking about Princeton narrowly losing after missing the winning FG's in the last 10 seconds or so in each of the games?

World
November 6th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Dartmouth at Brown
Penn at Harvard
Yale at Princeton
Columbia at Cornell

Princeton replaced its terrible placekicker with Charlie Gogolak after it was discovered that Gogolak had a semester left of eligibility and was enrolled in the Graduate School at Princeton.

Go Green
November 6th, 2017, 11:17 AM
As I said before, I will be at the Fenway game. Coming from Montana. The Dartmouth Food Club is having its annual meeting in Boston on Friday night and Saturday.

I have a Dartmouth colleague who lives in Concord, MA and is not much of a sports fan at all.

But he's going to the game as well.

Go...gate
November 8th, 2017, 02:51 AM
Dartmouth at Brown
Penn at Harvard
Yale at Princeton
Columbia at Cornell

Princeton replaced its terrible placekicker with Charlie Gogolak after it was discovered that he had a semester left of eligibility and was enrolled in the Graduate School at Princeton.

From your lips to God's ears, though I believe that Charlie is in his seventies now.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, don't understand

When you say the past two weeks, are you talking about Princeton narrowly losing after missing the winning FG's in the last 10 seconds or so in each of the games?

Two very difficult losses.

CHIP72
November 8th, 2017, 05:02 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why Harvard isn't part of the Fenway Park game.

Roll 'gate
November 8th, 2017, 05:05 AM
Dartmouth at BrownPenn at Harvard
Yale at Princeton
Columbia ​at Cornell

Son of Eli
November 8th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Dartmouth at Brown
Penn at Harvard
Yale at Princeton
Columbia at Cornell

Princeton replaced its terrible placekicker with Charlie Gogolak after it was discovered that Gogolak had a semester left of eligibility and was enrolled in the Graduate School at Princeton.
O

I thought graduate students are ineligible to play in the Ivy League.

Go...gate
November 10th, 2017, 01:27 AM
O

I thought graduate students are ineligible to play in the Ivy League.

Yep. Under the original Ivy Group Agreement, which later became the basis of the Ivy League's charter.

Damn, I'm old!

CHIP72
November 12th, 2017, 06:36 AM
Man, if Penn hadn't lost those tight games to Dartmouth (by 3 points on a last minute FG IIRC), Columbia (by 3 points in OT), and Yale (by 5 points)...ugh, the "what if?" game.

Go Green
November 12th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Man, if Penn hadn't lost those tight games to Dartmouth (by 3 points on a last minute FG IIRC), Columbia (by 3 points in OT), and Yale (by 5 points)...ugh, the "what if?" game.

Dartmouth feels your pain.

ASU33
November 12th, 2017, 08:40 AM
The Game still on NBC Sports this weekend?

bulldog10jw
November 12th, 2017, 09:09 AM

I believe all of Princeton's losses were by 4 points or less

- - - Updated - - -

The Game still on NBC Sports this weekend?

CNBC

Go Green
November 29th, 2017, 11:54 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why Harvard isn't part of the Fenway Park game.

They are now.

The Game 2018 will be at Fenway.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2017/11/30/harvard-yale-fenway/