PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 11

carney2
November 4th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Three teams tied for the lead, with maybe a forth theoretically in the hunt.

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH

Bye: Fordham

Game of the Week: Holy Cross @ Lehigh. Theoretically, it should be Colgate @ Lafayette, an elimination match between two of the front runners. But my crystal ball says that the game in Easton will be a humiliating blowout with the home team's sada$$ offense possibly/probably being shut out. That leaves us with another elimination match which sets Pujals against the Squawks’ phantom D. Could be exciting in a Patriot League incompetent sort of a way.

bonarae
November 4th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Bucknell
Colgate
Holy Cross

ngineer
November 4th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Three teams tied for the lead, with maybe a forth theoretically in the hunt.

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH

Bye: Fordham

Game of the Week: Holy Cross @ Lehigh. Theoretically, it should be Colgate @ Lafayette, an elimination match between two of the front runners. But my crystal ball says that the game in Easton will be a humiliating blowout with the home team's sada$$ offense possibly/probably being shut out. That leaves us with another elimination match which sets Pujals against the Squawks’ phantom D. Could be exciting in a Patriot League incompetent sort of a way.

An astute observation!

ngineer
November 4th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Bucknell should be able to garner their fifth win over the Hoyas, though I don't think the scoreboard operator might fall asleep. Bison 13-3.

While the Raiders and Leotards will be facing off with equal records (in terms of league losses), this should be over after one quarter. I am very impressed with the Raiders QB and hate the idea of having to see him three more years. Despite Laughyette improved defense, I don't see them having an answer for Raider's O. The only chance 'pards have is if Raiders spend too much time wondering what the score in Bethlehem is and not focusing on job in front of them. Colgate 45-10.

The Holy Cross/Lehigh game could be like a pinball game. Neither team has shown great defense. I am giving the edge to Mountain Hawks because of what I see as a better balanced offense. Brags and Brisker have been an excellent tandem and with Casey now back in the starting lineup, the cylinders seem balanced. However, Pujals is a better QB than Mayes, with the ability to run, and more experienced. Mayes needs to protect the ball and not force passes that are not there. Having Mish close to 100% helps Lehigh's speciall teams immensely. He did an excellent job of punting today at Bucknell and high kickoffs. Though long off, potential for scattered showers and a wet field and ball can make for interesting 'break downs' and openings. I expect Lehigh to come out firing. If they can get up early, like they did today in Lewisburg that will be important. That would take the pressure off Mayes and let the ground game wear down the Crusaders. Lehigh 45-38.

Sader87
November 4th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Holy Cross' defense has actually been decent this year...it's been the offense that has been Jekyll&Hyde

Franks Tanks
November 4th, 2017, 11:20 PM
A Lafayette victory is very unlikely, but I don't anticipate a blow out. I see an ugly game that goes something like 19-7 Colgate. The Lafayette defense has been great against league foes, but the offfense is getting worse if that's possible. Gate will control the game, but we keep it interesting.

CHIP72
November 5th, 2017, 03:51 AM
Holy Cross' defense has actually been decent this year...it's been the offense that has been Jekyll&Hyde

That's better than either Lafayette or Georgetown - their defenses are also decent, but their offenses are just Hyde.

CHIP72
November 5th, 2017, 04:03 AM
I may attend Holy Cross/Lehigh; I'll go to either that game or California (PA)/East Stroudsburg. (I would have gone to Indiana (PA)/Bloomsburg had it been played as scheduled, but IUP won the PSAC West and Bloomsburg did not win the PSAC East, so IUP will now play West Chester while Bloomsburg takes on Clarion for the second time this season.) Cal PA/ESU is more likely to be non-competitive (Cal is fairly good and ESU is not), but 1) I haven't been to a D2 game since 2013 and 2) I've already seen in person the movable object known as the Lehigh defense (in their nadir of nadirs to boot, that 65-47 loss to Penn), and have some reluctance to see another game in person involving Patriot League teams this year. (I've seen three such games, including a 65-47 game and a 7-0 game.) It may be a game-day decision.

carney2
November 5th, 2017, 08:36 AM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL – I have seen the Georgetown football team and DFW is correct – it does not exist. (He didn’t actually say that, but he’s hinted at it often enough.)

COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE – Both teams have defenses, but the Lafayette offense is so incredibly el stinko that they will consistently give up field position and turn this into a rout.

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH – The Cross’s last chance (their final game of the season). Colgate’s last chance (the ‘gate needs Lehigh to lose two League games and it ain’t gonna happen next week in no. 153). The Patriot League’s last chance (The League desperately needs a champion that will not give up 77 points in the playoff first round and embarrass us yet again). Here’s hoping that Pujals goes out with a bang, and not a whimper.

carney2
November 5th, 2017, 08:38 AM
I may attend Holy Cross/Lehigh; I'll go to either that game or California (PA)/East Stroudsburg. (I would have gone to Indiana (PA)/Bloomsburg had it been played as scheduled, but IUP won the PSAC West and Bloomsburg did not win the PSAC East, so IUP will now play West Chester while Bloomsburg takes on Clarion for the second time this season.) Cal PA/ESU is more likely to be non-competitive (Cal is fairly good and ESU is not), but 1) I haven't been to a D2 game since 2013 and 2) I've already seen in person the movable object known as the Lehigh defense (in their nadir of nadirs to boot, that 65-47 loss to Penn), and have some reluctance to see another game in person involving Patriot League teams this year. (I've seen three such games, including a 65-47 game and a 7-0 game.) It may be a game-day decision.

You really need to get a life.

ngineer
November 5th, 2017, 09:37 AM

Is this a weird attempt to hijack this thread into a PSAC discussion???xeyebrowx

CHIP72
November 5th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Carney2 - BANG ZOOM, TO THE MOON NORTON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2017, 10:57 AM

I think he has a perfectly good one, traveling around watching football? He gets to some FBS/NFL games too! I know he actively supports Temple!

I'm going to the Bills-Saints game next Sunday in Buffalo so I'll be watching the Lehigh-HC at work or home. Going to a Bills game is one of the most underrated events in football. Great crowd/atmosphere and tickets are cheap! Plus you can park in people's yards for $5-$10! The stadium is awesome too! Old school but up to date...

Sader87
November 5th, 2017, 11:05 AM
$40 to park at Gillette last week....I only do a Pats game maybe once every other year....would go to any FCS game 9 out of 10 than an NFL game.

Lehigh'98
November 5th, 2017, 11:10 AM
$40 to park at Gillette last week....I only do a Pats game maybe once every other year....would go to any FCS game 9 out of 10 than an NFL game.

Even a FCS playoff game against a directional state school?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2017, 11:13 AM

I'd love to go to a Pats game but it's absurdly expensive. On the secondary market it's $150+ just to get your foot in the door. The whole day (parking, tolls, gas etc) is going to run $250-300 which is just ridiculous. The Bills game with someone splitting gas will be like $50-$70. NFL games overall are overly priced unless you near a cities who's team stinks. The Bills usually aren't terrible, just middling, so their tickets generally stay in the $25-$60 range for good seats against decent opponents. Browns tickets can be had for $3!

Bucknell football games are $8 for GA. You can't beat that for 3 hours of entertainment. If only their team was better. Great stadium, campus and location. But their team is always so boring....

I got a ticket for the Syracuse-Clemson game for $23+fees. That was a great deal.

carney2
November 5th, 2017, 12:16 PM
I'd love to go to a Pats game but it's absurdly expensive. On the secondary market it's $150+ just to get your foot in the door. The whole day (parking, tolls, gas etc) is going to run $250-300 which is just ridiculous. The Bills game with someone splitting gas will be like $50-$70. NFL games overall are overly priced unless you near a cities who's team stinks. The Bills usually aren't terrible, just middling, so their tickets generally stay in the $25-$60 range for good seats against decent opponents. Browns tickets can be had for $3!

Bucknell football games are $8 for GA. You can't beat that for 3 hours of entertainment. If only their team was better. Great stadium, campus and location. But their team is always so boring....

I got a ticket for the Syracuse-Clemson game for $23+fees. That was a great deal.

While on the subject of the cost of showing up live at a football game, I promised the grandchildren that I'd take them to the Army-Navy game in December. I have no "connections," so it is exorbitant - even up in the nose bleed sections where I landed seats. Cutting to the chase: others besides the grandchildren have dealt themselves in. It's family Plus a guy that I owe a lot of favors to. I am now into this for about $2,000.

carney2
November 5th, 2017, 12:20 PM

I'll sell you mine. The football part of it has been pretty much a trail of misery since 2009.

CHIP72
November 5th, 2017, 05:08 PM
FWIW, I attended the Army/Navy game in 2015 (in part because I also attended the Bills/Eagles game at the Linc the next day and didn’t want to travel back and forth between DC and Philadelphia twice in two days), and that game is definitely worth attending at least once, even if you aren’t a fan of either Army or Navy.

Interestingly (and GoLehighTUOwl will love this - thanks for the kind words BTW), I decided this year that I WOULD make long distance trips on Amtrak on back-to-back days; on 12/16 I’m going to the Drexel/Temple basketball game (one of only 3 Philly City Series matchups I’ve never seen out of the 15 possible pairings), and then after going home to the DC area I’ll go to north Jersey to attend the Eagles/Giants game on 12/17.

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2017, 05:38 PM
The football part of it has been pretty much a trail of misery since 2009.

I think I have you beat on that one.

ngineer
November 5th, 2017, 10:12 PM

Hah, I got in for $5 on the Senior Citizen discount!

ColgateTD
November 6th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Hah, I got in for $5 on the Senior Citizen discount!

Colgate senior discount home game vs. LU got me in for $9 (I think)

Roll 'gate
November 6th, 2017, 11:08 AM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - Wanted to take G-town here something terrible as I think Bucknell has officially packed it in for the year following last weeks game. Even so if you can't score you can't win and I don't see Georgetown mustering up any product that even pretends to look like a competent offense.

COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE - Coming off a bye week where they have 2 weeks to get health and scout a defense that has actually been decent in the PL. They should roll comfortably in this one and just keep faith that Lehigh can't get the job done at home.

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH - Arguably one of the top 2 quarterbacks they will face in the PL (others being the Colgate Frosh). If HC QB gets into a rhythm and has a day this game could be closer than some expect. Once again comes down to turnover margin IMO. Lehigh defense can't be forced to make too stops if offense isn't scoring.

kdinva
November 6th, 2017, 11:13 AM
GEORGETOWN 13 @ BUCKNELL 27
COLGATE 31 @ LAFAYETTE 20
HOLY CROSS 27 @ LEHIGH 31

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Are Gate and Lafayette folks picking with their hearts than their heads?

crusader11
November 6th, 2017, 11:41 AM
There's a decent chance that HC, Lehigh, Lafayette, and Colgate all end up at 4-2.

If HC beats Lehigh this weekend, they finish the season at 4-2.

If Lafayette beats Colgate at home this weekend, and then loses to Lehigh in Game #153, both of the L's finish at 4-2.

Colgate beating Georgetown in their season finale puts them at 4-2.

Could get messy.

van
November 6th, 2017, 11:56 AM
decent chance Lafayette beats Colgate? Really, what are you drinking?

LehighU11
November 6th, 2017, 12:03 PM
There's a decent chance that HC, Lehigh, Lafayette, and Colgate all end up at 4-2.

If HC beats Lehigh this weekend, they finish the season at 4-2.

If Lafayette beats Colgate at home this weekend, and then loses to Lehigh in Game #153, both of the L's finish at 4-2.

Colgate beating Georgetown in their season finale puts them at 4-2.

Could get messy.

If that occurs, my understanding of the tiebreaker rules is that either Lehigh or Lafayette would get the autobid. For a multi-team tiebreaker, the PL first considers records between the tied teams. Lehigh would have 1 loss to HC, Lafayette would have 1 loss to Lehigh, HC would have 2 losses to Colgate and Lafayette, and Colgate would have 2 losses to Lehigh and Lafayette. Lehigh and Lafayette would emerge from the first tiebreaker, but the fact that both would be 4-7 and 0-5 OOC would make things interesting. The committee of ADs might get involved. I'd have to guess that Lehigh's win over LC would give them an edge, as well as a close loss to Villanova (35-38) who obliterated LC (0-59). Both teams lost by 19 to Monmouth.

Roll 'gate
November 6th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Are Gate and Lafayette folks picking with their hearts than their heads?

Are you totally comfortable now with this team and fully expecting an easy W against HC? I'm sure most (including myself) are letting our hearts get a little involved in the picks but it's also not like we're picking a g-town/lehigh game. This HC team dismattled a ranked UNH team.

crusader11
November 6th, 2017, 12:49 PM
decent chance Lafayette beats Colgate? Really, what are you drinking?

Colgate will be favored by probably 7-10 points, but it's a league road game and Lafayette's defense is strong enough that they should be able to stay in the game. Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up winning.

Drink of choice is Makers with two rocks.

van
November 6th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Colgate will be favored by probably 7-10 points, but it's a league road game and Lafayette's defense is strong enough that they should be able to stay in the game. Wouldn't surprise me if they ended up winning.

Drink of choice is Makers with two rocks.

while you may not be surprised, I am willing to bet that all the Lafayette fans here and most others in the know would be pretty well shocked

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Are you totally comfortable now with this team and fully expecting an easy W against HC? I'm sure most (including myself) are letting our hearts get a little involved in the picks but it's also not like we're picking a g-town/lehigh game. This HC team dismattled a ranked UNH team.

Hell no. Lehigh has the capacity to lose to anyone in the country.

World
November 6th, 2017, 01:28 PM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH

Fordham
November 6th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Hell no. Lehigh has the capacity to lose to anyone in the country.
hey, get your own tag line!

RichH2
November 6th, 2017, 02:20 PM
hey, get your own tag line!

No copywright. Sadly a mutipurose tag line this season.

TheValleyRaider
November 6th, 2017, 05:00 PM
If that occurs, my understanding of the tiebreaker rules is that either Lehigh or Lafayette would get the autobid. For a multi-team tiebreaker, the PL first considers records between the tied teams. Lehigh would have 1 loss to HC, Lafayette would have 1 loss to Lehigh, HC would have 2 losses to Colgate and Lafayette, and Colgate would have 2 losses to Lehigh and Lafayette. Lehigh and Lafayette would emerge from the first tiebreaker, but the fact that both would be 4-7 and 0-5 OOC would make things interesting. The committee of ADs might get involved. I'd have to guess that Lehigh's win over LC would give them an edge, as well as a close loss to Villanova (35-38) who obliterated LC (0-59). Both teams lost by 19 to Monmouth.

If I'm reading the tiebreakers right, your first tiebreaker would eliminate HC and Colgate, leaving Lehigh and Lafayette still tied. At that point, they would revert to H2H, which would give Lehigh the autobid in this scenario.

From the PL website:

Football:
a. If a tie exists, the higher seed will go to the team that won the most head-to-head League contest(s) played against the other team(s) involved in the tie.

b. If a tie still exists, a comparison of League records will be made between the tied institutions starting at the highest seed and continuing through the lowest seed, if necessary.

c. If a tie still exists, a comparison of records against common out-of-league opponents will be made;

d. If a tie still exists, a committee consisting of the athletics directors of each of the institutions not involved in the tie will make a final decision. The committee should consider various factors including, but not limited to, the following examples. Note: the examples are listed in no particular order:

i). Strength of schedule

ii). Overall record

iii). Computer rankings

iv). Performance during second half of season

The committee will meet immediately following the conclusion of the final game of the season’s final weekend. A majority vote of the members of the committee will be needed to determine the champion.

TheValleyRaider
November 6th, 2017, 05:09 PM
2-1 last week, got greedy with the Rams. 30-17 for the season

Georgetown at Bucknell Bucknell​ The Bison have thrown up two stinkers in a row, though going up against, arguably, the two best teams in the League. Georgetown is not one of those teams. Additionally, the Hoyas have been even more toothless offensively than the Bison. Can either team notch an offensive score against two decent defenses? Part of me kind of hopes they don't, just for the sheer silliness of it all.

Colgate at Lafayette Colgate Down the stretch for the Raiders, who have put together several all-around solid performances in the last few games. Caveats about opponent strength apply, but the Raiders still have a good shot at 7 wins, which is right about where I expected them back in August. Not sure where the Leopards get enough offense to keep up, even though their defense could make this a struggle. Yes, the 'Gate needs some help to grab the title, but you've got to win to make it possible.

Holy Cross at Lehigh Lehigh Speaking of Colgate's help, the Crusaders are Hamilton's second favorite team this weekend. Can they match their fellow Catholics' performance with a stunning upset of the Hawks? The Cross has been a bit better as of late, maybe finding their legs after the turmoil surrounding Gilmore's exit. Can the team that beat UNH show up one more time this year? Can they keep up with Lehigh's good offense? This hasn't been the year for optimistic appraisals.

ngineer
November 6th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Bucknell did some self destruction against Lehigh with a number of early penalties and two turnovers that put them in a quick hole. More turnovers later and the game was over at half. Lehigh's secondary played well because LU got some decent pressure on Bucknell QB. Hopefully a good sign for this week for that is the only way to slow down Pujals. Lehigh has a more balanced offense and with a sudden cold front coming through for the weekend, ball protection will be the tide-turner in this game. An HC win would not be a shock based upon how Lehigh has been so erratic this year. But, HC has been equally erratic, so may the less erratic win! Lehigh 45-38.

Neighbor2
November 7th, 2017, 03:58 AM
Bucknell over Georgetown
Colgate over Lafayette

Holy Cross at Lehigh?

This one looks problematic for Lehigh. I haven't seen Holy Cross this season but expect Pujals to have a big day. If he can juke around the first Lehigh defender who approaches him, he'll gain significant yards running. This Lehigh defense is absolutely horrible at tackling. They pursue at the wrong angles, usually running directly at the spot the runner currently is rather than where the runner will actually be. . . . half second later. A lack of upper body strength is evident, too.

Holy Cross over Lehigh by 17 points.

van
November 7th, 2017, 06:18 AM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL, Hoyas only score against a porous D, Buffs D is not porous

COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE, both can play D, but only one can score

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH, Lehigh just needs to keep PP in the pocket and not turn the ball over, but that's wishing for a lot the way the season has gone, could go the other way but hoping home field makes the difference

28-22 on the year

Sader87
November 7th, 2017, 12:50 PM
One of the reasons HC was successful in the Bronx last week was that Pujals was allowed to run the ball more than has all season. Not sure if that was by design or not...but the HC offense is much more prolific when he's allowed to do this....I'd expect he will try to do this Saturday as this is his last game.

Neighbor2
November 7th, 2017, 01:43 PM
One of the reasons HC was successful in the Bronx last week was that Pujals was allowed to run the ball more than has all season. Not sure if that was by design or not...but the HC offense is much more prolific when he's allowed to do this....I'd expect he will try to do this Saturday as this is his last game.

A very dangerous player for Lehigh Saturday. Pujals is mature, experienced, sees the field well, and will likely play beyond his usual competitive self. At this end-of-college career point, he might even 'freelance' more than usual.

This could be like a hot knife through butter. Lehigh better be ready.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2017, 01:51 PM

I would put Pujals's rushing total on Saturday at 125.5. The odds he breaks at least one up the middle for 40+ yards are nearly 1/1. Bucknell's Chad Freshnock went for 174 yards (10.4 avg.) and 3 touchdowns on Saturday. I've never seen a rush defense as bad as Lehigh's. There will be gaping holes....

Roll 'gate
November 7th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Seems like the HC of the beginning of the year is starting to show back up a little more. I'm sure injuries and the whole coaching fiasco did not help them in the middle part of the schedule where they seemed to fall apart. If they are in deed getting healthy and the OC is letting Pujals have a little more freedom it could make for a very interesting and high scoring Saturday in the valley. Still think its a coin toss of a game, depending on which lehigh team shows up.

carney2
November 7th, 2017, 02:50 PM

And running the ball against the Squawk No-D is what everyone does. Most seem to forget that the Woo Purples have one of their best defenses in years. Still expecting a big day for the Cross.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 7th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Bucknell
Colgate
Lehigh

0-3 last week
31-14 on the year

CHIP72
November 7th, 2017, 03:53 PM
A very dangerous player for Lehigh Saturday. Pujals is mature, experienced, sees the field well, and will likely play beyond his usual competitive self. At this end-of-college career point, he might even 'freelance' more than usual.

This could be like a hot knife through butter. Lehigh better be ready.

Good thing it will be cold on Saturday - the butter won’t soften as fast. 😊

ngineer
November 7th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Good thing it will be cold on Saturday - the butter won’t soften as fast. 

High temperature on Saturday to 41 degrees F. If windy, brrrr.

Roll 'gate
November 8th, 2017, 05:07 AM
High temperature on Saturday to 41 degrees F. If windy, brrrr.

Finally starting to feel like fall football season! You look around the country at some of the games last weekend the PL has had some pretty solid weather this year (knock on wood)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Finally starting to feel like fall football season! You look around the country at some of the games last weekend the PL has had some pretty solid weather this year (knock on wood)

Finally starting to feel like late August in Hamilton, you mean?

Gate83
November 8th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Finally starting to feel like late August in Hamilton, you mean?

Went to all our home games this year in shorts. If this is global warming, I'll take it!

Sader87
November 8th, 2017, 03:00 PM
I too went to all HC games in shorts this year...remembah absolutely freezing at Fitton as a kid....particularly the 1973 Syracuse game, legendary for its coldness.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I'm undecided if I'm going to go to the Lehigh-HC game. It's a ridiculously good day of college football and I'm headed to the Bills game early Sunday morning. With that said, the Mountain Hawks are 1-1 ('Nova/Bucknell) while I'm in attendance which is considerably better than they are without me...lol....

carney2
November 8th, 2017, 03:20 PM
I too went to all HC games in shorts this year...remembah absoluteley freezing at Fitton as a kid....particularly the 1973 Syracuse game, legendary for its coldness.

Only real men will be wearing shorts this Saturday. Temperature at kickoff is predicted to be in the upper 30s.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Only real men will be wearing shorts this Saturday. Temperature at kickoff is predicted to be in the upper 30s.

Generally, this is about as could as it gets this time of year. High Temps where I live (north of Scranton) Friday likely won't make it out of the mid 20s. Almost makes me wish for Lehigh's once traditional November trip to the Hamilton Tundra.

Sader87
November 8th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Oddly, this is the 2nd year in a row HC has not had a home game in the month of Novembah....I'll bet there have been only a handful of seasons over the last century where HC has not played at Fitton in Novembah.

Gate83
November 8th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Oddly, this is the 2nd year in a row HC has not had a home game in the month of Novembah....I'll bet there have been only a handful of seasons over the last century where HC has not played at Fitton in Novembah.

This is an issue for some of our older fans up north, they hate the years where we get November home games. While shorts were nice, imagine Gate/LU this weekend? That would be fun (next year it's 11/10). Am also not a fan of opening w/ HC next year, way too early... particularly since you'll have a new coach & be all excited. I'd prefer to burst your balloon later in the year!

Roll 'gate
November 9th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Generally, this is about as could as it gets this time of year. High Temps where I live (north of Scranton) Friday likely won't make it out of the mid 20s. Almost makes me wish for Lehigh's once traditional November trip to the Hamilton Tundra.

We get back to the late November Colgate v lehigh game next year (unfort down your way). Hopefully scheduling continues to have this game around this time of year rather than the first PL game of the year xeyebrowx

ColgateTD
November 9th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Colgate - If 'Gate can hold down the Leopards amazing O, I think they take this one by 14.
Georgetown - Upset special. I see the Hoyas finally putting it all together and taking it to the Bison; win by 17.
Holy Cross - Huge day for Pujals. Keeping our 'Gate fingers crossed that the senior can have a career day; win by 10.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Holy Cross at Lehigh Game Preview: Two Rollercoaster Seasons Meet Head-On At Murray Goodman

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/holy-cross-at-lehigh-game-preview-two.html

Colgate Raider Redux
November 9th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Holy Cross at Lehigh Game Preview: Two Rollercoaster Seasons Meet Head-On At Murray Goodman

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/holy-cross-at-lehigh-game-preview-two.html

Prediction ?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Prediction ?

Tune in later today!

Gate83
November 9th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Tune in later today!

I'm going to go way out on a limb & say Gate fans won't like it!

Go...gate
November 10th, 2017, 01:34 AM
This is an issue for some of our older fans up north, they hate the years where we get November home games. While shorts were nice, imagine Gate/LU this weekend? That would be fun (next year it's 11/10). Am also not a fan of opening w/ HC next year, way too early... particularly since you'll have a new coach & be all excited. I'd prefer to burst your balloon later in the year!

I loved the games on the frozen tundra in Hamilton. A lot of cold, but great memories.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2017, 10:03 AM
The Wedge's take...

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-week-11-preview-2/

RichH2
November 10th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Gate
Bucknell.
Lehigh. Yeah yeah all the info points to a shootout with Lehigh D doing their usual 3 or 4 big play TDs. Cant say that D will not do their usual but I can hope they will do just enuf. This is the game for Lehigh.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Holy Cross at Lehigh Game Breakdown And Fearless Prediction: Which Crusader Team Will Lehigh Get?

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/holy-cross-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html

I gotta tell you, folks - I picked a Lehigh win, but my confidence level is not high on this one. I could pretty much see a complete range of outcomes. Both teams have had periods of greatness and periods of terribleness.

Roll 'gate
November 10th, 2017, 11:58 AM
If there was ever a game that is honestly impossible to predict it has to be this HC vs lehigh game! Lehigh Football Nation is so right that the range of outcomes is astronomical. Both teams have had their Jekyll & Hyde games. No clue which team allows that ugly monster to rear it's head and cost them a pivotal game. Turnovers dictate the outcome of this game. Fordham was something like plus 4 in the turnover battle - won, Bucknell was something like minus 4 - lost. lehigh offense is too potent for extra possessions. My prediction is winner of turnover battle is victories team. The cold tundra will be scoreboard watching with baited breathe.

RichH2
November 10th, 2017, 12:08 PM
If there was ever a game that is honestly impossible to predict it has to be this HC vs lehigh game! Lehigh Football Nation is so right that the range of outcomes is astronomical. Both teams have had their Jekyll & Hyde games. No clue which team allows that ugly monster to rear it's head and cost them a pivotal game. Turnovers dictate the outcome of this game. Fordham was something like plus 4 in the turnover battle - won, Bucknell was something like minus 4 - lost. lehigh offense is too potent for extra possessions. My prediction is winner of turnover battle is victories team. The cold tundra will be scoreboard watching with baited breathe.

+1. YUP.

Pards Rule
November 10th, 2017, 12:39 PM

Hey I was reminded reading this thread that this Nov. 21 marks the 30th anniversary of the freezing cold last game at Taylor, Lafayette at Lehigh. Question is: what quarter did you leave? I stayed the whole game of that 17-10 loss and it had no implications as both teams finished with losing records. Most of the fans left at half. At the end maybe 500 folks at best. I even got to secure a brown 2x4 to somehow place into my 4 door Escort! What was the temp and wind speed. I know direction was north/northwest! Damn that was the coldest since I started attending in 1980!

RichH2
November 10th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Hey I was reminded reading this thread that this Nov. 21 marks the 30th anniversary of the freezing cold last game at Taylor, Lafayette at Lehigh. Question is: what quarter did you leave? I stayed the whole game of that 17-10 loss and it had no implications as both teams finished with losing records. Most of the fans left at half. At the end maybe 500 folks at best. I even got to secure a brown 2x4 to somehow place into my 4 door Escort! What was the temp and wind speed. I know direction was north/northwest! Damn that was the coldest since I started attending in 1980!

I made it to mid 3rd. Left went to Rosies just behind vistors stands. A Rusty Nail or two did ease the frost bite :) Lord that was cold.

Leopard Loyalist
November 10th, 2017, 01:29 PM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL Slight edge to the Bison at home
COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE Even with a more potent Leopard offense, this game is always an uphill battle
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH Counting on Pujals to carry the day in his college swan song

carney2
November 10th, 2017, 06:16 PM

Stayed for the whole thing.

CHIP72
November 10th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Stayed for the whole thing.

You needed to get a life. ;)

hawkineer
November 10th, 2017, 08:12 PM
My entire family left at halftime. However, my buddy, Yukon Jack and I stayed for the entire game. My photograph of the final score is proof.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26463&stc=1

LehighU11
November 10th, 2017, 08:26 PM
My entire family left at halftime. However, my buddy, Yukon Jack and I stayed for the entire game. My photograph of the final score is proof.

Great photo. Nice to see we managed to keep the original Taylor loudspeakers and installed them in Goodman. They still sound as clear as they did back in 1917.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2017, 09:28 PM

Keeping up with tradition, Murray Goodman's scoreboard is of similar vintage and delivers most of the same information to fans.

ngineer
November 10th, 2017, 09:35 PM

Was there with my 6 year old daughter who did not miss a game with me when she was young. I promised her Mother I would leave if it got too cold. I dutifully left with my Munchkin at halftime. I had her so wrapped up you could barely see her eyes. Only L-L game i ever left before the end.

ngineer
November 10th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Keeping up with tradition, Murray Goodman's scoreboard is of similar vintage and delivers most of the same information to fans.

When I was there in the early '70s the clock was a real clock with minute and second hands!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Lehigh
Lafayette
Bucknell

You heard me.

Leopard Loyalist
November 10th, 2017, 11:53 PM
Lehigh
Lafayette
Bucknell

You heard me.

LFN is priming the pump for a big rivalry game next week.

Go...gate
November 11th, 2017, 02:10 AM
Bucknell 14, Georgetown 7

Colgate 21, Lafayette 20

Lehigh 45, Holy Cross 42

Bonus Pick:

Yale 31, Princeton 28

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Bucknell
Colgate - by 2 scores
Holy Cross - by 2 scores

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 11:03 AM
About to the leave the gym to go home and catch the Lehigh game. Can the Mountain Hawk D hold HC under 30?

RichH2
November 11th, 2017, 11:13 AM
About the leave the gym to go home and catch the Lehigh game. Can the Mountain Hawk D hold HC under 30?

Hope so. O may have to score 50 to get this W. :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Hope so. O may have to score 50 to get this W. :)

Holy Cross has a good defense.

Mayes looked out of sync again on his first drive. He has great stats but if you watch him play it's not all there at times...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 11:51 AM
After a blocked punt at the HC 5 Bragalone scores on the first play!

7-0 Lehigh!

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Georgetown 0
Bucknell 0

7:49 2nd

Neither team has approached the red zone.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Bragalone came to play today!!

TD Lehigh!

14-0 5:28 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Holy Cross making their own mistakes but the refs are a little dicey in this one. Is this the Colgate crew? ....lol

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Holy Cross is getting absolutely screwed by the refs so far.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Holy Cross is getting absolutely screwed by the refs so far.....

Two calls. Lots of time for things to even out. They were two bad ones...

Lehigh D is controlling the HC offense. That's the story so far...

crusader11
November 11th, 2017, 12:25 PM
1) Roughing the passer on Mayes

2) Not sure how a whistle wasn't blown on the HC fumble in the red zone. He was held up for a long time.

3) PI call was atrocious.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 12:30 PM
1) Roughing the passer on Mayes

2) Not sure how a whistle wasn't blown on the HC fumble in the red zone. He was held up for a long time.

3) PI call was atrocious.

1 and 3 were the bad calls. Especially 3. The roughing the passer was a case of having your hands up and hitting the QB in the head. Had nothing to do with being late. I wouldn't have called it but if it goes both ways so be it...

The fumble was legit. He was still chugging and the OL was coming in to push. Hold onto the ball...

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Georgetown 0
Bucknell 3

Halftime

Georgetown QB Gunther Johnson has 144 yards rushing. The rest of the team has one yard.

LehighU11
November 11th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Do the Hoyas really have 145 yards rushing this afternoon at halftime? From what I recall, that would be 3 games worth of ground yardage for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Georgetown 0
Bucknell 3

Halftime

Georgetown QB Gunther Johnson has 144 yards rushing. The rest of the team has one yard.

Wow, maybe a win is in the cards for the Hoyas today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 12:37 PM
TD HC on 4th and 8!

14-7 6:28 2Q

LehighU11
November 11th, 2017, 12:38 PM
An egregious missed holding call on HC just cost Cavenas and Lehigh a huge sack on 3rd down. TD HC on the next play. Typical poor PL officiating has cost both teams.

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Wow, maybe a win is in the cards for the Hoyas today.

They haven't moved inside the 30 all day. The teams are a combined 3 for 18 on third down and 10 punts.

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I hope the spectators at Mathewson were paid instead of paying....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 12:57 PM
These refs do stink..lol. That could have been called a late hit on #96 for HC. The OL needs to block better either way....

LehighU11
November 11th, 2017, 12:57 PM
And HC just got off with 12 on the field for that punt. Hideous.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 01:04 PM
That was easily the best half of defense I've seen from Lehigh in a year plus. Might have to go back to Villanova last year. Still 30 minutes to go. Huge possession for the Lehigh "O" to start the 2nd half...

14-7 Lehigh Half

Gater
November 11th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Colgate up 14-0 at half. Lafayette got absolutely screwed on a fumble call early in the game that would have given them the ball on the Colgate 36. Lafayette has 43 yards of offense at the half so that was really their only chance to get any points. Lafayette D is very good. Colgate QB looking like a freshman for the first time since his first few games. Two other horrible calls were a missed targeting on a Colgate player (replay ultimately got it right and he was ejected. (He's a very good player and Colgate's best hitter and never seen him do anything dirty but that was a crazy call for the guys on the field to miss). Colgate's second turnover was ruled an interception after clearly hitting the ground. (It was 100% a fumble.) Call didn't change anything--Lafayette got the ball--but just doesn't instill a lot of confidence hearing refs say call on the field is confirmed when you clearly see the ball bounce off the ground.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Colgate 14 Lafayette 0 Half

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I hope the spectators at Mathewson were paid instead of paying....

Georgetown 0
Bucknell 12

End 3rd

Hoyas now 8 straight quarters without a red zone possession.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Georgetown 0
Bucknell 12

End 3rd

If the Bison beat Fordham next week they'll finish 6-5. That's a crazy thought....

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 01:24 PM
If the Bison beat Fordham next week they'll finish 6-5. That's a crazy thought....

It's also called "weak OOC opponents...."

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 01:30 PM
HC front 7 is impressive. Bryant at Lafayette or McBeath should win DPOY...

Mayes is also maddening. He holds onto the ball way to long. He's also a capable passer when he gets outside of the pocket. Instead he loves to ball up in the middle...

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 01:34 PM
The front 7 have been solid all year...secondary is racked with injuries

The offense has been the disappointment this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Whew, Mish barely sneaks through a 28 yarder. I thought he missed it at first...

17-7 LU 4:59 3Q

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 01:44 PM
17-7....both of these teams are exceedingly AVERAGE

Kill this entire PL season with fire.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Huge defensive stop on 4th and 1!! Lehigh needs a TD to put the nail in the coffin!

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 01:49 PM
We aren't helping matters, but that was a horrific spot on 3rd down.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 01:55 PM
TD Bragalone!! Boom! He was due to break one!! PL Offensive POY?!?

24-7 Lehigh 1:15 3Q

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 01:56 PM
I think it's fitting that a 5-6 Lehigh wins the PL this year.

Lehigh'98
November 11th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Your team has real issues if you can only put up 7 thru 3 qtrs against the worst defense in PL history.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Lehigh 24 HC 7 End of 3Q

The difference in this game imo is Lehigh's skill guys>>HC's skill guys. Crusaders have lacked true playmakers on offense for years. Mayes has guys who make plays for him. Anyone who watches Mayes can see he's kind of iffy far too often.

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 02:04 PM
2 words: Tom Gilmore.

He had no clue what to do with a scholarship-program. And was just a negative presence that effected the program in a host of ways.

Thank Christ we only have under a quarter left from this era.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Colgate 27 Lafayette 0 Start 4Q

The Leopard's parade was destined to come to a crashing halt....

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Georgetown 0
Bucknell 12
Final

Back to back shutouts for the Hoyas for the first time in 41 years.

Since its Oct. 14 game versus Lehigh, GU has scored 19 points.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Mish with a 41 yard FG! not bad but they had it 2nd goal from 1 before a terrible snap on a wildcat play and an intentional grounding crushed the TD opportunity....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Pujals to Bell!

27-14 6:03 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:28 PM
I can't believe HC went for an onside kick!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Bragalone busts loose for a 45 yard TD! 4th of the day!

Lehigh 34-14 4:18 4Q

ColgateTD
November 11th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Colgate 27 - Laf 0 final

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Pujals runs one in....

Lehigh 34-21 1:56 4Q

ColgateTD
November 11th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Where are the Saders when you need em?

Sader87
November 11th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Where are the Saders when you need em?

In their late 40s, 50s and 60s

ColgateTD
November 11th, 2017, 02:47 PM
TD Bragalone!! Boom! He was due to break one!! PL Offensive POY?!?

Brenneman maybe? Oh, I guess he's ROTY, forgot...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Lehigh 34 Holy Cross 21 Final

Beat Lafayette an the Mountain Hawks are headed back to the playoffs. Pujals is a helluva fighter. But he never had the needed help around him during his time in Worcester.

van
November 11th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Mish with a 41 yard FG! not bad but they had it 2nd goal from 1 before a terrible snap on a wildcat play and an intentional grounding crushed the TD opportunity....

was it a bad snap or was Brags lined up behind the guard? Looked like he was not behind the center

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2017, 02:58 PM
was it a bad snap or was Brags lined up behind the guard? Looked like he was not behind the center

I couldn't tell on the review but it did look like he might have been "off center"....

crusader11
November 11th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Lehigh was better than HC today and would have beaten us with or without the officials, but there were probably 6-8 calls that went against HC today that really hurt.

Seems appropriate a sub .500 team will win the PL this season.

Dom B is a great freaking football player. What a bruiser who can run.

LehighU11
November 11th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Bragalone entered today tied for the most rushing TDs in the nation with 12. He ends the day with 16. He has another 3 receiving TDs on the year. He entered 5th in FCS in rushing yardage, and added another 201. Yes, Dom will be Offensive POY from the PL. No contest. He is the reason this team will win a PL title again.

Neighbor2
November 11th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Very good win for Lehigh. I didn't think they could handle Pujals in space. Thankfully, he didn't seem to get loose very much! Lehigh defense is showing improvement. Congratulations.

RichH2
November 11th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Very good win for Lehigh. I didn't think they could handle Pujals in space. Thankfully, he didn't seem to get loose very much! Lehigh defense is showing improvement. Congratulations.

Agreed. My biggest takeaway was Lehigh's D. Discounting the garbage time TD the D played a yeoman like game. Kept Pujols in check for most of the game. O had a tough time with a good Cross D today. Kept a lot of pressure on Mayes. Brags dominated the day. On to Pards.

RichH2
November 11th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Mayes had a decent day even with Purple rush. 25 of 35 for 231. Just under 63% for the year with 25 TDs and 3100 + yds. Brags at 1200 yds for the season.

Go...gate
November 11th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Colgate 27 - Laf 0 final

If nothing else, Colgate can take some solace in the fact that it has gotten things turned around. Except for the Buffalo and Furman games, they have played the way they are capable.

RichH2
November 11th, 2017, 04:44 PM
If nothing else, Colgate can take some solace in the fact that it has gotten things turned around. Except for the Buffalo and Furman games, they have played they way they are capable.

Very true. They will certainly be favored next year. Hell we havent won it yet this year.

van
November 11th, 2017, 05:43 PM

gotta give props to the DC, defensive scheme was spot on today, and the guys played very well other than about 3 or 4 missed tackles, Cavenas is a beast

Southsider
November 11th, 2017, 05:43 PM
1. Brags is simply the class of the league
2. Except for a half dozen plays, D played very well
3. Pujols great runner. Passer, not so much.
4. LU oline had big problems today.
5. Talked to many regulars today. Everyone agrees the game day experience is awful at Goodman. Many changes needed.

Oh yea, GREAT WIN!

BucBisonAtLarge
November 11th, 2017, 06:03 PM
It's also called "weak OOC opponents...."

You play the schedule you have. The Bison played teams from five different conferences in the non-con, going 3-2. I would argue that everything has, more or less, gone to expectations. (Were we supposed to win at Cornell? Dunno. Ask Harvard.) The Bison are at .500, and play next week for a winning season and another 3-3 in the Patriot League. I will take it, especially since we were starting the season with known deficits.

ngineer
November 11th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Really enjoyed the game today at Goodman. Late to the Board as I got sucked in to the Alabama/Miss.State game. I'm a softee for upsets. No question Brags is the beast and really showed it today. How many 'bruising' runners also can run away from the secondary. Much faster than many expect. Mayes was "okay", but he drives me nuts with his decision making. First, he holds the ball too long and luckily, this week, he didn't fumble it away as in some past games. If it's not there, throw it away. Chris Lum was great at that. He should watch some film of him. As someone pointed out, we have some skilled receivers which help a lot. Again, Brad had some easy first downs by running and eschews them for questionable passes. He even faked out our own receivers by looking to commit to a run and then deciding to throw at the last second after the receivers had turned away from him to go block. I really think, he could be pushed next year to be the starter. He has a great arm, but being a QB is so much more than having an arm. Defense had their best game of the year. "Some" things seem to be coming together better with almost a season's worth of experience. Key today was getting decent pressure on Pujals, which I believe caused a number of his errant throws. He, too, has a nice arm with quick release, but accuracy wasn't there on a number of passes. His running ability was evident in the second half. I feel as if they had reined him in somewhat in the first half and should have had him run more. Mish had a great day punting. I think he may be NFL material down the road. Gets excellent hang time, and good at I20 placement most of the time (hit one too hard today). Weather was really not a factor. Wind was not bad and with mostly sun, the "upper 30's" were bearable. Nice crowd of between 7,000-8,000 in my estimation. I think the refs blew a bunch of calls for both teams. Cross was getting way with a good number amount of holding which lead to Cavenas saying something to one ref and getting flagged for unsportsmanlike. Before the game, I thought we'd either come out and dominate or get blown out and it was great to see us jump up early. Lehigh, this year, is 4-0 when scoring first and 0-6 when the opponent scores first.

On to next week and the final focus for the Championship. There is no way in hell this team should lose to the Spotted Pussies!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2017, 10:42 PM
It is a real shame that, if Lehigh wins next weekend, Colgate will probably not get a serious look as an at-large playoff candidate. If Lehigh wins the championship, they'll have 1 loss to an FBS, 1 loss to Richmond (who gave JMU everything they could handle today), Furman (in the conversation for a playoff seed), and their worst loss of the season, to Lehigh.

Colgate will get zero credit for beating Cal Poly, who people now forget was ranked before the beginning of the season, because the Mustangs became a dumpster fire this year, and all their PL victories.

ngineer
November 11th, 2017, 10:51 PM
It is a real shame that, if Lehigh wins next weekend, Colgate will probably not get a serious look as an at-large playoff candidate. If Lehigh wins the championship, they'll have 1 loss to an FBS, 1 loss to Richmond (who gave JMU everything they could handle today), Furman (in the conversation for a playoff seed), and their worst loss of the season, to Lehigh.

Colgate will get zero credit for beating Cal Poly, who people now forget was ranked before the beginning of the season, because the Mustangs became a dumpster fire this year, and all their PL victories.

True. But it's a 'close but no cigar' year like we had in 2012. Gotta win the ones that count. Our 3 point loss to "preseason heavyweight" Villanova, means so much less, too. A lot of preseason prognostications are ginned up by past reputation. I know why we do it, but they, as well as the "preseason all-american" lists are mostly done solely for marketing, and it's a shame, because a lot of talented players are automatically relegated to a second class label that they have to overcome. Colgate's real down fall, besides losing to Lehigh, was the Furman loss, AT HOME...and a bad loss. They win that game, they might be in.

Colgate Raider Redux
November 12th, 2017, 01:04 AM

Perhaps you can add clarity to some of your posts by being mindful of syntax: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/syntax
Maybe shorter sentences with one discreet thought will help. ?

It's unfair to hold you to the standards of a professional writer. But, sometimes ( not always ), your sentence construction makes it difficult to understand your points. Please don't confuse this with disagreeing with the content of your post,.... whatever it may actually mean in this case ?

cx500d
November 12th, 2017, 01:13 AM
Work on your syntax: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/syntax

It's unfair to hold you to the standards of a professional writer. But, often, your sentence construction makes it difficult to understand your points. Please don't confuse this with disagreeing with the content of your post,.... whatever it may actually mean in this case ?

Yeah, I had to try and decipher that too....Lehigh being the subject, has the worst loss of the season...to Lehigh? WTF? But, apparently "they" is the subject, they of Colgate I guess.

Roll 'gate
November 12th, 2017, 07:56 AM
True. But it's a 'close but no cigar' year like we had in 2012. Gotta win the ones that count. Our 3 point loss to "preseason heavyweight" Villanova, means so much less, too. A lot of preseason prognostications are ginned up by past reputation. I know why we do it, but they, as well as the "preseason all-american" lists are mostly done solely for marketing, and it's a shame, because a lot of talented players are automatically relegated to a second class label that they have to overcome. Colgate's real down fall, besides losing to Lehigh, was the Furman loss, AT HOME...and a bad loss. They win that game, they might be in.

Please do not take the following as any type of argument for Colgate deserves deserving an at large bid as it sits right now assuming lehigh beat the Leopards. The lack of a true "quality win" (Cal Poly oh how you once looked so promising) cements their fate. The fact is that losses come to Buffalo (FBS), Richmond by 3, Furman (yes bad, but injury ridden game), and lehigh (we don't need to getback into refs feeling the need to and succeeding at affecting the outcome of a football game). There is NO such thing as a good loss. If the league had any type of "quality" win chance within it, the argument could be made. Until you have 1-2 games in league that a committee could look at as playoff important this league will forever be a 1 bid league. No matter how hard OOC scheduling is.

Pards Rule
November 12th, 2017, 09:49 AM

Great pic! Ah, the defunct Globe-Times. Even as a frosh in 1980 and an avid newspaper reader (Phila Inquirer), I knew three papers couldn't make it in the Lehigh Valley and assumed the one in the middle (in Bethlehem) would be eventually squeezed out. Globe-Times merged with the Easton Express (year?) to become the Express-Times.

van
November 12th, 2017, 01:37 PM
1. Brags is simply the class of the league
2. Except for a half dozen plays, D played very well
3. Pujols great runner. Passer, not so much.
4. LU oline had big problems today.
5. Talked to many regulars today. Everyone agrees the game day experience is awful at Goodman. Many changes needed.

Oh yea, GREAT WIN!

agree with 1 and 2,
3, Pujols does not have good receivers,
4, totally disagree, OC and QB had no answer for HC blitz, when they rush 4 + 2 LBs it's not on the OL
5, awful might be a bit too strong but improvement is warranted

Southsider
November 12th, 2017, 01:55 PM
agree with 1 and 2,
3, Pujols does not have good receivers,
4, totally disagree, OC and QB had no answer for HC blitz, when they rush 4 + 2 LBs it's not on the OL
5, awful might be a bit too strong but improvement is warranted

Fair enough. As for HC blitzes, they surely were effective. Pard's will do same for sure.

ngineer
November 12th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Fair enough. As for HC blitzes, they surely were effective. Pard's will do same for sure.

No question Laughyette will come with all sorts of blitzes. They may have the DPOY in their LB Bryant, so Mayes has to have his head screwed on and be ready to make QUICK decisions. I think a few screen passes to Brags will 'loosen' things up against the Pards.

Boss21
November 12th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Bucknell over Georgetown
Colgate over Lafayette

Holy Cross at Lehigh?

This one looks problematic for Lehigh. I haven't seen Holy Cross this season but expect Pujals to have a big day. If he can juke around the first Lehigh defender who approaches him, he'll gain significant yards running. This Lehigh defense is absolutely horrible at tackling. They pursue at the wrong angles, usually running directly at the spot the runner currently is rather than where the runner will actually be. . . . half second later. A lack of upper body strength is evident, too.

Holy Cross over Lehigh by 17 points.

Good call...