View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 10

RedFlash
November 2nd, 2017, 12:51 PM
All seven teams are in action this week.

Duquesne at Liberty (+2.5)
Sacred Heart at Bryant (+2.5)
SFU at CCSU (+1)
Robert Morris at Wagner (-7.5)

Duquesne makes the trip to Lynchburg in a non-conference game and I’ll be curious to see how they play this one. They will play CCSU next week for what could be the de facto conference title game, so they may want to limit some of AJ Hines’ touches given his injury from earlier this season. Their offense is quite different when he’s in the line-up.

The Sacred Heart at Bryant game has the makings of being a high scoring affair. Both teams average more than 400 yards on offense and Bryant is last in the league in both scoring defense and total defense. Both teams are on the negative side on turnovers with SHU a -10 and Bryant a -17. If Bryant can avoid the interceptions this week, I think they pull this one out.

It’s a battle to stay out of the conference basement when RMU travels to Staten Island to take on Wagner. Like Wagner, RMU may be without it’s starting QB after he was hurt last week against StFU. RMU is last in the league in total offense – more than 100 yards behind the nearest team – and without their starter last week, looked completely one dimensional. Wagner should get its first conference win of the year.

The big game this week is StFU traveling to CCSU in the hopes of staying alive for a conference championship. StFU needs to defeat Central Conn. and then hope that CCSU can beat Duquesne next week, thus creating a three-way tie for first place. CCSU has won five in a row and StFU’s offense has not looked sharp lately – relying heavily on defense and special teams to score. It didn’t work against Duquesne and I think there’s only so many times your defense can bail you out – which is why I think CCSU wins this one.

Gangtackle11
November 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
Liberty
Bryant
CCSU
Wagner

bonarae
November 2nd, 2017, 05:05 PM
Duquesne
Bryant
CCSU
Wagner

Bluefish845
November 2nd, 2017, 05:16 PM
Liberty
SHU Last team to possess the ball wins..
CCSU
Wagner

cx500d
November 2nd, 2017, 05:18 PM
Duquesne
Sacred Heart
CCSU
Wagner

Original_RMC
November 3rd, 2017, 07:48 AM
SFU @ CCSU - What a potential great game. This game will come down to CCSU's OL vs. SFU's front 7. SFU will bring different blitzes from their OLB and SS to get pressure on Donlegala. Is Jordan-Toney healthy and ready to play? He was missed vs. RMU and they could use him to control this game. I think it will be a very close game. I think SFU's D will take away CCSU's rushing game and force CCSU against their strength which is their secondary.
A late toss up TD to Kamron Lewis where he jumps over 2-3 defenders for the ball will be difference but this game could go either way. I'll go with SFU in a close battle.
SFU 24 - CCSU 21

SHU @ Bryant - Is Bryant finally clicking or was Wagner just that bad? Bryant has the D that can contain Kevin Duke and will look to strike early and often in this game. If you look at Bryant's scoring this year, they tend to be a 2nd half team. They can't fall behind SHU like they did last year and expect to come back. I think Bryant's passing attack will strike early in the 1st half and a Bryant D that gives up a lot of yards will hold on late in the 4th.
Bryant 44 - SHU 38

Duquesne @ Liberty - Liberty has given up over 1100 yards rushing the last 3 weeks. And now comes AJ Hines into town. This is a balance Dukes offense that you can hurt you with their rushing attack or with the pass behind the arm of Tommy Stuart. Liberty will want to establish their running game against the Dukes. I think the Dukes balance on offense will be the difference because Liberty just can't stop the run and let the Dukes pass the ball around.
Dukes 24 - Liberty 16

RMU @ Wagner - The battle of the basement in the NEC. RMU can't run the ball, can't score and can't protect their QB. Wagner lost a bad game last week at home vs. Bryant. The battle of the basement in the NEC. RMU is riding a 12 game away losing streak on the road. The last team RMU beat on the road? 2014 @ Wagner; 9-6.
I think you have to make it #13 for RMU this week.
Wagner 23 - RMU 3