PDA

View Full Version : NoCo Ath Dept Announces Losses, Plan to Turn Around

TexasTerror
February 10th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Interesting read from the Greely Tribune about the state of athletics at the Univ of Northern Colorado. Talks about how the Cal Poly trip includes an $100,000 guarantee and how the Purdue trip down the road includes a $400,000 guarantee. Tough transition for NoCo from Div II...

----------------
UNC reports $604,000 deficit
S. Scott Rosenberg, [email protected]
February 10, 2007

The University of Northern Colorado athletic department reported Friday a $604,000 loss for this fiscal year, but athletic director Jay Hinrichs detailed a plan to have the department financially stable in three years.

This would be a significant difference from the previous three fiscal years.

Combined with the university's reported $536,000 loss from the 2004-05 and 2005-06 fiscal years, the UNC athletic department has lost a total of $1.14 million in the last three years.

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20070210/SPORTS/102100126

ncbears
February 10th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I'm finished with this program. Our AD hired a corrupt coach and he hired even more corrupt assistant head coaches. Recruiting violations, practice violations, inegilible players playing games, etc.

Now this budget short fall is icing on the cake. I won't be going to a Bears football game for a very...very...long time.

MplsBison
February 10th, 2007, 02:40 PM
100k from Cal Poly?!

Wow, they're desperate.

Shockerman
February 10th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Great Get BIG SKY! xidiotx

slostang
February 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Glad to see UNC back on Cal Poly's schedule.

BigApp
February 10th, 2007, 04:31 PM
is that a sarcasm font??

NoCoDanny
February 10th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I'm finished with this program. Our AD hired a corrupt coach and he hired even more corrupt assistant head coaches. Recruiting violations, practice violations, inegilible players playing games, etc.

Now this budget short fall is icing on the cake. I won't be going to a Bears football game for a very...very...long time.

You're an embarrassment dude. Please stop posting as a UNC fan.

Yes, there is a defecit, the team sucked this year, ticket revenue was down...

So how many athletic departments operate at a profit at this level?

We're trying to build something here and it won't happen over night which is how life works sometimes.

NoCoDanny
February 10th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Oh and that nonsense about violations in B.S. We self reported an extra practice last season... THAT WAS IT

Everything else you are claiming is hearsay.

Mr. C
February 10th, 2007, 06:20 PM
You're an embarrassment dude. Please stop posting as a UNC fan.

Yes, there is a defecit, the team sucked this year, ticket revenue was down...

So how many athletic departments operate at a profit at this level?

We're trying to build something here and it won't happen over night which is how life works sometimes.
So if someone says something negative about your program, they can't possibly be a fan, or care about your school? Let's be brutally honest, it hasn't been a good year for Northern Colorado. Nearly every story has been a bad one. Your football team has been terrible for two years and your basketball squad was ranked dead last earlier this season in Division I. I can understand this guy's frustration. One of my better friends back here in North Carolina is a Northern Colorado grad and he is pretty embarrassed, too.

People will respect your opinions a whole lot more around here, if you don't try to squash anyone that says anything remotely negative about your Bears.

On the other side, if ncbears has some facts to go with the charges, please pass them along ...

slostang
February 10th, 2007, 06:31 PM
is that a sarcasm font??
FCS team and former conference mate. They had a tough year last year, but they still beat Fort Lewis and Savanah State that we played last year.

We are still looking for our 11th game. What do you say BigApp? How about a trip to California next year?

BigApp
February 10th, 2007, 07:15 PM
hey, I'm up for it! http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/woot.gif

NoCoDanny
February 10th, 2007, 08:17 PM
So if someone says something negative about your program, they can't possibly be a fan, or care about your school? Let's be brutally honest, it hasn't been a good year for Northern Colorado. Nearly every story has been a bad one. Your football team has been terrible for two years and your basketball squad was ranked dead last earlier this season in Division I. I can understand this guy's frustration. One of my better friends back here in North Carolina is a Northern Colorado grad and he is pretty embarrassed, too.

People will respect your opinions a whole lot more around here, if you don't try to squash anyone that says anything remotely negative about your Bears.

On the other side, if ncbears has some facts to go with the charges, please pass them along ...

He said he's done with the program so fine we don't need the fair weather fans.

I never said don't have an opinion.

I don't know what school you support, I'm not familar with the plain red helmet, but I'm going to stand up for mine regardless of who says it and yes it does bother me more when it's someone from the family.

Also, I know for a fact we aren't the only school running a deficit so I'm not dropping my support because of that.

OB55
February 13th, 2007, 06:56 AM
This will take time. UNC has been in transition since 1976, and has had some growing pains before, admittedly nothing like the last couple years. A leadership vacuum has been detected, but I think it might be at a higher level than the coaching staff.

Traditional $$ supporters will step in with a life boat, if these leadership failures are corrected. That may have to happen sooner rather than later.

They will be back, there are a lot of positives, and they are located in a prospect rich environment.

ncbears
February 13th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I don't know if you were around, but donations have been declining since 2000. Long before Kay Norton and Jay Hinrichs were at UNC.

OB55
February 13th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I don't know if you were around, but donations have been declining since 2000. Long before Kay Norton and Jay Hinrichs were at UNC.
I am an old player. Not been around on a daily basis, but have contacts with some HOF contributors. They want change at the top, and have moved support elsewhere, IE CSU and WYO. for support of Colorado HS recruits. Also went to business school with a Monfort.

Change is needed, or suffer the consequences. No bucks, no buck rodgers.:)