PDA

View Full Version : MEAC playoff quick question

gofurman
November 1st, 2017, 09:56 PM
Is this right? Thanks for quick clarification. "The MEAC winner goes to HBCU bowl. I think the MEAC's teams that don't win the title are eligible, but don't have a guarantee of a playoff spot. I believe last year the #2 MEAC team did get a berth. So the playoffs are 10 automatics (Ivy, SWAC & MEAC excluded) and 14 at-large berths?"

*Q1 - So if NC A&T wins the MEAC and is ranked 8th they go to the bowl game (HBCU bowl ?) and not to the playoffs essentially freeing up a playoff spot.

*Q2- and the IVY and SWAC don't participate in postseason? **So the playoffs are 10 automatics (Ivy, SWAC & MEAC excluded) and 14 at-large berths?"

Are those statements correct? I am almost sure. Thanks to somebody for confirming or correcting me !! Is there something I have wrong in there?

BisonTru
November 1st, 2017, 10:01 PM
Yes, it looks like you have it down pretty much correct. The SWAC teams are also available (non-conference winner) but they've never been selected.

It really is too bad on NC A&T cuz they are looking like one of the best MEAC teams we've seen in a while. That conference hasn't won a playoff game in forever, but alas we will probably never know as they'll be in their bowl game.

WestCoastAggie
November 2nd, 2017, 04:38 AM
For a playoff berth to happen for the MEAC, A&T has to beat NSU and SSU, and lose the Aggie/Eagle Classic. Either that, or Howard wins out and gets tremendous love from the selection committee for their UNLV win.

fc97
November 2nd, 2017, 05:50 AM
If A&T gets a bye, could they play in both?

DEX
November 2nd, 2017, 06:21 AM
No, a team can only participate in one post season event.