View Full Version : FCS Playoff Field Prediction: 10/31/2017

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 11:57 AM
Playoffs 'Til I Die Playoff Field Projection:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/fcs-playoffs-til-i-die-projecting-the-2017-fcsplayoff-field-10312017/ (http://www.college-sports-journal.com/fcs-playoffs-til-i-die-projecting-the-2017-fcsplayoff-field-10312017/)

CSJ's Sagarin Field Projection:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-sagarin-ncaa-fcs-playoff-projection-oct-31/

Reign of Terrier
October 31st, 2017, 12:00 PM
I understand the argument that Furman should get a seed over Wofford but I think the head-to-head matchup should still matter

citdog
October 31st, 2017, 12:06 PM
The patsy should just give up their AQ. Whichever bunch of hot garbage wins that collection of snowflakes and misfits will get whipped like Pope at Second Manassas.....

BEAR
October 31st, 2017, 12:06 PM
Looking at those brackets made me wonder about teams that can win because they have never played each other. UCA came into the SLC and beat teams early and often because those teams didn't know our style of play. We played EWU last year and did pretty good but ultimately lost that game. But the other teams in that bracket are teams we have never played. I guess familiarity will come with time.

wcugrad95
October 31st, 2017, 12:36 PM
The Sagarin link has this week's rankings (with YSU as a seed at #8), but last week's actual bracket (with YSU as the #3 seed). I don't think I would pay much attention to that one given the other polls out there. As we have seen in the past 3 weeks, all of this seems destined to shift significantly each week given so many conference showdowns that are on the schedule.

Daytripper
October 31st, 2017, 12:56 PM
Sagarin has YSU with a seed? Okay.

WileECoyote06
October 31st, 2017, 01:16 PM
Playoffs 'Til I Die Playoff Field Projection:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/fcs-playoffs-til-i-die-projecting-the-2017-fcsplayoff-field-10312017/ (http://www.college-sports-journal.com/fcs-playoffs-til-i-die-projecting-the-2017-fcsplayoff-field-10312017/)

CSJ's Sagarin Field Projection:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-sagarin-ncaa-fcs-playoff-projection-oct-31/

Is this your article @LFN? The Celebration Bowl is an NCAA sanctioned event.

PaladinFan
October 31st, 2017, 01:18 PM
I understand the argument that Furman should get a seed over Wofford but I think the head-to-head matchup should still matter

Whose to say it doesn't matter?

By the end of the season, Wofford's last play win over Furman may matter less than Furman's consistent ability to beat common opponents by more significant margins than Wofford did.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2017, 01:19 PM
The patsy should just give up their AQ. Whichever bunch of hot garbage wins that collection of snowflakes and misfits will get whipped like Pope at Second Manassas.....

Colgate seems to be coming together after a rough patch. The title is Lehigh's to lose, however.

PaladinFan
October 31st, 2017, 01:22 PM
Colgate seems to be coming together after a rough patch. The title is Lehigh's to lose, however.

Pulling for Colgate. Makes our earlier game look better xthumbsupx

ccd494
October 31st, 2017, 01:42 PM

Complete list of non-conference wins by the Patriot League:

Cal Poly
Campbell
Central Connecticut State
Cornell
Cornell
Marist
New Hampshire
Sacred Heart

That's it. That's the list. Unless you are a big believer in CCSU football, the Holy Cross win over New Hampshire is the only moderately competent thing accomplished by the Patriot League all year.

FUGameBreaker
October 31st, 2017, 02:05 PM
Liking Furman at #8 seed xthumbsupx

Professor
October 31st, 2017, 02:29 PM

Bwhahaha so much Hate for the Celebration Bowl

UNH72Plus
October 31st, 2017, 02:34 PM
As others have noted, there is still a lot of football to be played; specially in the MVFC where many of the top seeds play among themselves. But even if YSU wins out (which they probably should) they'd be 6-5 with one, possibly 2 good wins. They not only shouldn't be ranked, they should be on the outside looking in. UNH has been written off by most prognosticators, but if they win out, they would be 8-3 with a good win against Elon and a so-so win against a horrible FBS school. UNH's D held JMU to 14 points (shutting them out in 3 quarters), and but for a few miscues (an 87 yard pick six, a JMU failed 4th and short that was overturned by an unrelated off-sides which led to a score, a UNH fumble inside the 25, and 13 yard shanked punt) played them tough. I guess we'll have to see wants it most the few weeks.

BNATION
October 31st, 2017, 02:37 PM
It is NCAA sanctioned as overseeing is concerned but is not recognized for the division of football for standings or championships. Its a moral championship for the champion unfortunately. I believe the bowl to be ridiculous, why do you need a "Black National Championship"? they should just play in the FCS playoffs this isn't 1955. Fought segregation then segregated themselves. Doesnt make much sense, I would love to see the good teams from the SWAC and MEAC play in the playoffs.

Bwhahaha so much Hate for the Celebration Bowl

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 02:40 PM
Complete list of non-conference wins by the Patriot League:

Cal Poly
Campbell
Central Connecticut State
Cornell
Cornell
Marist
New Hampshire
Sacred Heart

That's it. That's the list. Unless you are a big believer in CCSU football, the Holy Cross win over New Hampshire is the only moderately competent thing accomplished by the Patriot League all year.

Don't think you'll get any argument from me, or any other PL fan for that matter.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 02:48 PM

Thanks - I made the change in the article, more fully explaining it.

WileECoyote06
October 31st, 2017, 02:55 PM
It is NCAA sanctioned as overseeing is concerned but is not recognized for the division of football for standings or championships. Its a moral championship for the champion unfortunately. I believe the bowl to be ridiculous, why do you need a "Black National Championship"? they should just play in the FCS playoffs this isn't 1955. Fought segregation then segregated themselves. Doesnt make much sense, I would love to see the good teams from the SWAC and MEAC play in the playoffs.

We don't NEED a "Black National Championship". But there is no reason to eliminate what has been a black college tradition for almost 100 years. The Celebration Bowl is an opportunity; one that would be lucrative to most conferences in the FCS division. If ESPN dangled this kind of money and exposure in front of your presidents, many of yall would be playing in a 'Bowl' game too.

For the record, and I've said this before: I would rather we play in the playoffs. Considering the financial side of things; I understand why our presidents chose to play in the Celebration Bowl. Year three of six will be in the books soon. We'll reevaluate in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks - I made the change in the article, more fully explaining it.
Thanks now let me change my post!

BNATION
October 31st, 2017, 03:00 PM
Agree that it is a moneymaker, just would like to see the good teams get to play the other good teams from their division. They should take the SWAC and MEAC championships out, and move up the Celebration bowl so the schools could still compete in the FCS Playoffs.

We don't NEED a "Black National Championship". But there is no reason to eliminate what has been a black college tradition for almost 100 years. The Celebration Bowl is an opportunity; one that would be lucrative to most conferences in the FCS division. If ESPN dangled this kind of money and exposure in front of your presidents, many of yall would be playing in a 'Bowl' game too.

For the record, and I've said this before: I would rather we play in the playoffs. Considering the financial side of things; I understand why our presidents chose to play in the Celebration Bowl. Year three of six will be in the books soon. We'll reevaluate in 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

katss07
October 31st, 2017, 03:07 PM
Like the updated poll, but Southern Utah at 5? Huh...

JayMYou
October 31st, 2017, 03:15 PM

Wow, you really are desperately clinging to some romanticized version of the South aren't you? How is it your only self-validation comes from the deeds of others during one of the most tragic periods in American history?

van
October 31st, 2017, 03:22 PM
no UNH? the committee loves them, and 7-4 record seem attainable

citdog
October 31st, 2017, 03:27 PM

For the record, and I've said this before: I would rather we play in the playoffs. Considering the financial side of things; I understand why our presidents chose to play in the Celebration Bowl. Year three of six will be in the books soon. We'll reevaluate in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no other leagues that espn can get pc virtue signal points from hence they don't...

citdog
October 31st, 2017, 03:31 PM
Wow, you really are desperately clinging to some romanticized version of the South aren't you? How is it your only self-validation comes from the deeds of others during one of the most tragic periods in American history?

I actually know HISTORY and not what scalawag ****s like yourself would have liked for it to be. People like you made President Davis and I SICK.

https://pics.me.me/nothing-fills-me-with-deeper-sadness-thanto-see-a-southern-9402918.png

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2017, 03:33 PM
Is it hate for the Celebration Bowl or is it realism?

That would be like if the Big 10 and Pac 12 decided they would rather compete in just the Rose Bowl instead of the CFB Playoff. Would it make money and be lucrative? Sure. Would it be pointless? Of course.

WileECoyote06
October 31st, 2017, 03:39 PM
What is the point of the prediction from The College Sports Journal? The writer's insistence on using the Sagarin ratings as his sole criteria skews the projection so badly, it's unrealistic.

Daytripper
October 31st, 2017, 03:41 PM

One of the great unanswered questions....

citdog
October 31st, 2017, 03:42 PM

How can daytripper be such a scalawag cuck? is another

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 04:10 PM
What is the point of the prediction from The College Sports Journal? The writer's insistence on using the Sagarin ratings as his sole criteria skews the projection so badly, it's unrealistic.

The "Sag Bracket" works on the Sagarin Rankings, so it functions as a point of reference based on that formula. It might not represent the final bracket, though as the rest of the games go along it might look better. Sagarin is considered when they make the field (and for that matter it was considered when I assembled my bracket), so it's a useful tool, IMO.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 04:11 PM
no UNH? the committee loves them, and 7-4 record seem attainable

They certainly could get there, but right now I project them at 6-5. If they make 7-4 they have an excellent shot at making it in.

JayMYou
October 31st, 2017, 04:28 PM
I actually know HISTORY and not what scalawag ****s like yourself would have liked for it to be. People like you made President Davis and I SICK.

Big difference between honoring history, and trying to prop yourself up by correlating the accomplishments of others with your own. Despite your poor grammar, at least your last statement is past tense because that's where you belong- the past.

citdog
October 31st, 2017, 04:33 PM
Big difference between honoring history, and trying to prop yourself up by correlating the accomplishments of others with your own. Despite your poor grammar, at least your last statement is past tense because that's where you belong- the past.

https://ci.memecdn.com/3003411.gif

soconjohn5
October 31st, 2017, 04:36 PM
Citdog, The Citadel did not save the world from the Nazis....It was a collaborative effort.

citdog
October 31st, 2017, 04:38 PM
Citdog, The Citadel did not save the world from the Nazis....It was a collaborative effort.

During World War II, among the nation's colleges and universities, The Citadel had the distinction of providing to the armed forces the highest percentage of its students to enter military service with the single exception of the national service academies. Of 2,976 living graduates in 1946, 1,927 had served their country (66%), with the same estimated percentage of alumni (non-graduates) having served as well. Indeed, only two members from the famous class of 1944 actually graduated as the entire class was called to arms, or enlisted in military service.

http://www.citadel.edu/citadel-history/war-deaths/world-war-ii.html

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2017, 04:44 PM
The "Sag Bracket" works on the Sagarin Rankings, so it functions as a point of reference based on that formula. It might not represent the final bracket, though as the rest of the games go along it might look better. Sagarin is considered when they make the field (and for that matter it was considered when I assembled my bracket), so it's a useful tool, IMO.
Sagarin's rankings aren't used by the selection committee. No poll or ranking system is other than the NCAA SRS (which is very rough around the edges) and they've shown in the past that they don't really use it for anything more than a rough guideline since their decisions on seeds and final at large selections have gone against it as well.

You could argue that the selection committee is indirectly affected by the polls and the computer ratings but to what extent who knows because none of them are an "official tool" for the selection committee.

soconjohn5
October 31st, 2017, 04:51 PM
Ok Citdog...I guess I have to appreciate The Citadel for that...But only that!!!!

ElCid
October 31st, 2017, 05:18 PM
Liking Furman at #8 seed xthumbsupx

That will be gone in a couple weeks.

Schism55
October 31st, 2017, 06:37 PM
Anyone else just watch the initial FBS college playoff rankings show?
If the FCS committee follows suit, NDSU will be the initial #1.

JSUSoutherner
October 31st, 2017, 06:44 PM
They won't. The FBS ranking is an entirely different animal.

one_armed_man
October 31st, 2017, 06:59 PM
I really like the til I die projection. At least, it's the one that I would change the least out of all I've seen.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2017, 07:16 PM

They won't. The FBS ranking is an entirely different animal.
Yeah, the FBS committee puts waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more thought, effort, and discussion into their initial rankings than the FCS committee does (if last year is any indication).

BisonTru
October 31st, 2017, 09:56 PM
My Take:

Duquesne
James Madison

Delaware

Wofford
Furman

Elon

Western Carolina
Jacksonville St

Western Illinois

Weber St
South Dakota

South Dakota St

Cogate
Central Arkansas

Eastern Washington

San Diego
Northern Ariz

Southern Utah

Illinois St
Sam Houston St

Nicholls St

Monmouth
North Dakota St

Stony Brook

Autos
At larges

First four out
Northern Iowa

Big Sky
Northern Arizona
Southern Utah
Easter Wash
Weber St

Montana

Big South
Monmouth

New Hampshire

CAA
James Madison
Elon
Stony Brook
Delaware

Kennesaw St

MVFC
North Dakota St
South Dakota
S Dakota St
Western Ill
Illinois St

NEC
Duquesne

Next four out
McNeese St

OVC
Jacksonville St

Southern Illinois

Patroit
Colgate

Youngstown St

Pioneer
San Diego

Montana St

Southern
Furman
Wofford
Western Carolina

Southland
Central Arkansas
Sam Houston St
Nichols St

BisonTru
October 31st, 2017, 10:14 PM
This is the bracket based off of the AGS Poll:

Duquesne
James Madison

Delaware

Furman
Wofford

Illinois St

Monmouth
Central Arkansas

Stony Brook

Weber St
South Dakota

South Dakota St

Southern Utah
Jacksonville St

Samford

San Diego
Sam Houston St

Northern Ariz

Western Illinois
Elon

Western Carolina

Colgate
North Dakota St

Eastern Washington

Autos
At larges

First four out
Villanova

Big Sky
Northern Ariz
Southern Utah
Eastern Wash
Weber St

Northern Iowa

Big South
Monmouth

McNeese St

CAA
James Madison
Elon
Stony Brook
Delaware

Nicholls St

MVFC
North Dakota St
South Dakota
South Dakota St
Illinois St
Western Illinois

NEC
Duquesne

Next four out
New Hampshire

OVC
Jacksonville St

Kennesaw St

Patroit
Colgate

Richmond

Pioneer
San Diego

Montana

Southern
Wofford
Furman
Samford
Western Carolina

Southland
Central Arkansas
Sam Houston St

katss07
November 1st, 2017, 06:43 AM
I dont think the committee would set up a rematch between EWU and NDSU. Then again, it happened a few years back when the Griz played against NDSU twice. Also, I think Kennesaw gets in, as well as Nicholls.

BNATION
November 1st, 2017, 09:35 AM
Problem is you dumb people still think the civil war was about slavery.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2017, 09:49 AM
I dont think the committee would set up a rematch between EWU and NDSU. Then again, it happened a few years back when the Griz played against NDSU twice. Also, I think Kennesaw gets in, as well as Nicholls.

They have no problem setting up rematches between MVFC schools so I think an EWU-NDSU rematch isn't out of the question. And EWU would have to get by Colgate to guarantee that anyway.

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2017, 09:57 AM
They have no problem setting up rematches between MVFC schools so I think an EWU-NDSU rematch isn't out of the question. And EWU would have to get by Colgate to guarantee that anyway.
They'd also have to make it from their dorm rooms to the team charter without getting abducted by a sasquatch... which is probably more likely than them losing to Colgate.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2017, 10:35 AM
They'd also have to make it from their dorm rooms to the team charter without getting abducted by a sasquatch... which is probably more likely than them losing to Colgate.

Pretty sure Sasquatch is Colgate's middle LB

Grandpa
November 1st, 2017, 10:56 AM
My Take:

Duquesne
James Madison

Delaware

Wofford
Furman

Elon

Western Carolina
Jacksonville St

Western Illinois

Weber St
South Dakota

South Dakota St

Cogate
Central Arkansas

Eastern Washington

San Diego
Northern Ariz

Southern Utah

Illinois St
Sam Houston St

Nicholls St

Monmouth
North Dakota St

Stony Brook

Autos
At larges

First four out
Northern Iowa

Big Sky
Northern Arizona
Southern Utah
Easter Wash
Weber St

Montana

Big South
Monmouth

New Hampshire

CAA
James Madison
Elon
Stony Brook
Delaware

Kennesaw St

MVFC
North Dakota St
South Dakota
S Dakota St
Western Ill
Illinois St

NEC
Duquesne

Next four out
McNeese St

OVC
Jacksonville St

Southern Illinois

Patroit
Colgate

Youngstown St

Pioneer
San Diego

Montana St

Southern
Furman
Wofford
Western Carolina

Southland
Central Arkansas
Sam Houston St
Nichols St

Really? 2 teams that beat Furman play in the first round for the right to beat them again?

Grandpa
November 1st, 2017, 10:59 AM
Why would Elon play Wofford in the first round with the winner playing Furman? Both teams beat Furman!!!!

Gangtackle11
November 1st, 2017, 11:04 AM
I guess your prediction has Delaware beating Nova. That would be different. xnonoxxpeacex

Purpleglasses
November 1st, 2017, 11:40 AM
Why would Elon play Wofford in the first round with the winner playing Furman? Both teams beat Furman!!!!

Wither of them would be a good game. Furman had both of them beat...Went for 2 to take the puppies at home, and did not succeed, and came back from a 21-0 deficit to take the lead over Elon, who kicked a field goal with 4 seconds left to win.
Furman has lost to 2 top ten teams by 4 total points and about 10 seconds. I think we will be glad to play either of them, we feel we owe them something.

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 11:47 AM
Wither of them would be a good game. Furman had both of them beat...Went for 2 to take the puppies at home, and did not succeed, and came back from a 21-0 deficit to take the lead over Elon, who kicked a field goal with 4 seconds left to win.
Furman has lost to 2 top ten teams by 4 total points and about 10 seconds. I think we will be glad to play either of them, we feel we owe them something.

Lots of words when 3 will suffice. "furman got beat".

2 words work even better....

furman sucks

LarryBoy
November 1st, 2017, 11:58 AM
Ditto. If Wofford is 9-2 vs. Furman's 8-3, armed with the head-to-head victory and the autobid, I don't think anyone can make a reasonable argument for Furman getting the higher seed. Unless they REALLY care about margin of victory.

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 12:03 PM
Ditto. If Wofford is 9-2 vs. Furman's 8-3, armed with the head-to-head victory and the autobid, I don't think anyone can make a reasonable argument for Furman getting the higher seed. Unless they REALLY care about margin of victory.

Ladyboy and Ol Fu are the only furman posters with any sense.

Sir William
November 1st, 2017, 12:15 PM
The idea that Furman would get seeded is flattering, but unrealistic, I would think - especially if in same bracket with Elon or Wofford. If shoe was on the other foot, I’d be crying foul too.

I’m just glad we’re in the conversation and have a real good chance to get in the playoffs. Don’t care where they send us or who we play. Hope we get a home game, if in. More than that, hope we get rematch with either Elon or Wofford, even on their turf.

I love this specilative bracket, but lot of football still to be played.

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2017, 12:37 PM
That autobid is really important, too, in the committee's mind. In 2005, Furman beat App State head to head, finished 9-2 vs. App State's 8-3. But App State won the SoCon, so we traveled to Boone for the National Semifinals (and a game I'd rather forget).
Meh... the last two years has shown it's not that important. In 2015 NDSU was 9-2 (with the autobid and 2 FCS losses) and Illinois St was 9-2 (but with an FBS loss). They shared the conference title at 7-1 but ISUr got the #2 seed and NDSU got the #3 seed. Last year NDSU was seeded #1 overall and didn't even have the MVFC autobid. That went to SDSU (who was the #8 seed) since both teams finished 7-1 in conference and SDSU won head-to-head.

Grandpa
November 1st, 2017, 12:39 PM
Lots of words when 3 will suffice. "furman got beat".

2 words work even better....

furman sucks

Lots of football left for Barney to be getting a bye and an 8th seed.

Grandpa
November 1st, 2017, 12:41 PM
Lots of football left for “Barney” to be considered an 8th seed and a bye.

dbackjon
November 1st, 2017, 12:49 PM
Ladyboy and Ol Fu are the only furman posters with any sense.

I always thought Ladyboy was Citadel's mascot

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 01:26 PM
I always thought Ladyboy was Citadel's mascot

I'll just have to grin and BEAR that one...

The

Purpleglasses
November 1st, 2017, 01:51 PM
Citdog,
Your repose is getting old, even to me... a newcomer.
So, if you would be so kind, just have your Bellhops ready to porter the Paladin's luggage to the playoffs...
That would be so nice of you and, I am sure, they will do very well with that being in their element.xthumbsupx
Go Din's

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 02:17 PM
Citdog,
Your repose is getting old, even to me... a newcomer.
So, if you would be so kind, just have your Bellhops ready to porter the Paladin's luggage to the playoffs...
That would be so nice of you and, I am sure, they will do very well with that being in their element.xthumbsupx
Go Din's

Because NOTHING is fresher than the tired old bellhops routine....

furman sucks

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2017, 02:38 PM
Because NOTHING is fresher than the tired old bellhops routine....

furman sucks

Because if anything they look more like a marching band than a bellhop.

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 02:39 PM
Because if anything they look more like a marching band than a bellhop.

As long as that band plays Dixie...

Purpleglasses
November 1st, 2017, 02:46 PM
http://www.bostoncostume.com/images/products/10038.jpg

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 02:55 PM
http://www.bostoncostume.com/images/products/10038.jpg

Are you color blind? That guy has too many teeth to work at the hotel in Sylva but Cedar Falls or Travelers Rest he would fit in fine...

Purpleglasses
November 1st, 2017, 03:09 PM
ok then...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26398&stc=1

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 03:13 PM
ok then...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26398&stc=1

Another swing and a miss. If the romans would have been as inaccurate swinging their hammers Jesus could have escaped and there would be no furman...

wcugrad95
November 1st, 2017, 03:28 PM
Another swing and a miss. If the romans would have been as inaccurate swinging their hammers Jesus could have escaped and there would be no furman...

I'll be honest, with most of your posts I think about asking you to just once type something that has to do with football or that has insight into a game or a team or what is going on with anything to do in this century. But this comeback.... I literally laughed out loud.

Sader87
November 1st, 2017, 03:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VLzJX8CRzM

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2017, 03:39 PM
I'll just have to grin and BEAR that one...

The

I see what you did there

Purpleglasses
November 1st, 2017, 03:47 PM
And that would be a shame...without Furman, the SoCon would be a barren wasteland where Citdog's seed can find no purchase.

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 03:53 PM
And that would be a shame...without Furman, the SoCon would be a barren wasteland where Citdog's seed can find no purchase.

Well I have ****ed a lot of furman girls in my life so you ain't wrong...

Purpleglasses
November 1st, 2017, 03:58 PM
and they are all in therapy because of it...

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 04:03 PM
and they are all in therapy because of it...

Learning to walk again is TOUGH

Purpleglasses
November 1st, 2017, 04:11 PM
actually a few were volunteering for electroshock therapy to induce amnesia...but most all said:
https://media.giphy.com/media/n3w17eM0g7jc4/giphy.gif

ElonFirefighter
November 1st, 2017, 04:20 PM
Well I have ****ed a lot of furman girls in my life so you ain't wrong...

Thats because at The Citadel the girls F*** you.

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 04:29 PM
Thats because at The Citadel the girls F*** you.

Actually that's in Soviet Russia...

skinny_uncle
November 1st, 2017, 04:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

It might be nice if it could be timed in a way where the winner got an autobid for the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
November 1st, 2017, 05:10 PM
I guess your prediction has Delaware beating Nova. That would be different. xnonoxxpeacex

I just hope that game is for more than just bragging rights but right now it's not looking too good

BisonTru
November 1st, 2017, 08:26 PM
Nobowls.com's bracket

http://nobowls.com/images/week09.png

BisonTru
November 1st, 2017, 08:29 PM
Dom Izzo's Bracket
https://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2017-fcs-bracketology-7-0/

https://i0.wp.com/bisonmedia.areavoices.com/files/2017/10/Bracketology-7.0.png

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2017, 08:37 PM
LOL....would Lehigh get a home game in this scenario?

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2017, 09:13 PM
LOL....would Lehigh get a home game in this scenario?

Depends on their bid. If they outbid Duquesne, then yes, they'd get a home game first round.

Looks like he expects Western to beat Illinois State too (Izzo's bracket). We win our last 3 and sure, we could be an 8 seed. We lose to ILSU and beat INSU and SIU and we're in, but we don't get a seed.

citdog
November 1st, 2017, 09:21 PM
dom izzo xlolx

Gangtackle11
November 1st, 2017, 09:43 PM
I just hope that game is for more than just bragging rights but right now it's not looking too good

Good chance Lauletta & company put Nova out of their misery.

katss07
November 1st, 2017, 09:59 PM
Dom Izzo's Bracket

Not sure what to say about this...so much wrong with this thing.

Why would Wofford, WIU get seeds over SHSU? I get the SOS argument, but I think the Kats are set up to be seeded seventh, at least. Sam's only loss is to the number four team in the nation! I don't see how UNI gets in. They are in a bad spot and unless they beat USD, they won't be in. And as much respect as I have for the way Delaware has played this season, I don't think they get in.

I know that Nicholls could take UNI's spot in this bracket, but I honestly can't see how they can't get in at this point. Unless they lose to SELA in their last game, no real argument against them.

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2017, 10:10 PM

Why would Wofford, WIU get seeds over SHSU? I get the SOS argument, but I think the Kats are set up to be seeded seventh, at least. Sam's only loss is to the number four team in the nation! I don't see how UNI gets in. They are in a bad spot and unless they beat USD, they won't be in. And as much respect as I have for the way Delaware has played this season, I don't think they get in.

I know that Nicholls could take UNI's spot in this bracket, but I honestly can't see how they can't get in at this point. Unless they lose to SELA in their last game, no real argument against them.

Well WIU went on the road to what could be the BS champ and beat them, and beat them badly 38-20. Also, if they beat ISUr and end up going 3-0 to end the season, I would take WIU team with a win over NAU and ISUr both on the road, a curbstomping of CCU on the road 52-10, over a SHSU team that beat a mediocre at best UR near home and got shell-shocked by a solid UCA. Needing 59 minutes to beat NWST looks horrible in the eyes of the committee.

Dom also basis his "bracket" off of how teams are projecting and where they may fall based off of what has happened. In this poll, he assumes WIU goes 3-0 and if they go 3-0, find me a better team worthy of that #8 seed than an 8-3 WIU. Their loss to USeD ended with an INT on the USeD side of the field with a chance to win the game in the final minute.

gofurman
November 1st, 2017, 11:07 PM
Dom Izzo's Bracket

Furman not in here ? We just beat the crap out of Western who he has as a home team and we are ahead of both Western and Samford in the SoCon standings? FU and Woff are tied at 5-1 in SoCon. WCU and Sammy both have 2 SoCon losses -
Conf Overalll

Wofford
5-1
7-1

Furman
5-1
6-3

Western Carolina
4-2
6-3

Samford
3-2
5-3

katss07
November 1st, 2017, 11:14 PM
Well WIU went on the road to what could be the BS champ and beat them, and beat them badly 38-20. Also, if they beat ISUr and end up going 3-0 to end the season, I would take WIU team with a win over NAU and ISUr both on the road, a curbstomping of CCU on the road 52-10, over a SHSU team that beat a mediocre at best UR near home and got shell-shocked by a solid UCA. Needing 59 minutes to beat NWST looks horrible in the eyes of the committee.

Dom also basis his "bracket" off of how teams are projecting and where they may fall based off of what has happened. In this poll, he assumes WIU goes 3-0 and if they go 3-0, find me a better team worthy of that #8 seed than an 8-3 WIU. Their loss to USeD ended with an INT on the USeD side of the field with a chance to win the game in the final minute.

Look at the SDSU game though. Every team has that bad game. Sam had a tough game against NWST, but we prevailed. Don't tell me WIU would beat UCA. They would lose. I just think SHSU deserves the nod over the Leathernecks, but should WIU go 3-0, I could maybe understand an argument. Still I just can't see SHSU lower than a seventh seed.

gofurman
November 1st, 2017, 11:18 PM
ANyway, just to make sure I have this straight - \

1) the MEAC champ does NOT participate in the playoffs, correct? IE, NC A&T will be going to the HBCU bowl thus freeing up a playoff spot?
2 ) And the IVY and the SWAC don't participate in the playoffs at all? is that right?

So those three leagues are out UNLESS the MEACs second best team gets in the playoffs? Do I have that all correct?

Lorne_Malvo
November 1st, 2017, 11:18 PM
Zero chance of USD and SDSU being on the opposite side of NDSU. Zero.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2017, 11:54 PM
If it's Lehigh vs. Duquesne, it would make for an interesting debate as to who should host. Rooney field has lights, but it's one of the tiniest stadiums in FCS, 2,200 capacity. Lehigh could accommodate everyone who could cram into Rooney field and plenty, plenty more, but they have no lights, meaning they couldn't have a 2:30 kickoff.

Common opponents:

Duquesne beat Wagner 38-0
Wagner beat Lehigh 37-20

Predicted score: Duquesne 65, Lehigh 20

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2017, 11:59 PM
...Their loss to USeD ended with an INT on the USeD side of the field with a chance to win the game in the final minute.

I'm still convinced that if we'd had 60 more seconds, he wouldn't have had to force that pass and we would have won the game. We were driving down the field, had all the momentum, but were running out of time so he had to try to make something happen. We didn't...and we lost...and I accept that...but I think we very well could have won.

1) the MEAC champ does NOT participate in the playoffs, correct? IE, NC A&T will be going to the HBCU bowl thus freeing up a playoff spot?
2 ) And the IVY and the SWAC don't participate in the playoffs at all? is that right?

So those three leagues are out UNLESS the MEACs second best team gets in the playoffs? Do I have that all correct?

I believe that is correct, yes.
The IVY doesn't do football past the end of the regular season.
The SWAC has some of their own "Classics" games after the end of the regular season and do not participate in the playoffs.
The MEAC and SWAC champion play in the Celebration Bowl.
If a non-champion MEAC team is good enough to be picked for an at-large to the playoffs, they can theoretically be included.

For the most part, none of them take up playoff spots.

kalm
November 2nd, 2017, 06:21 AM

A 10-1 SHSU could be seeded lower than a whole host of teams with more losses. That will be an interesting argument. They certainly should be seeded lower than any 9-2 Valley, BSC, Elon, SBU, and maybe Wofford. And yes, you could make a case for a couple of 8-3's like SUU if you throw out the FBS loss and consider the quality wins and SoS.

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2017, 07:48 AM
Honestly I do feel bad for the good teams in the SLC like SHSU and UCA. The bottom half of that conference is so terrible. It doesn't prepare you for the playoffs and hurts you in the mind of people because you aren't playing anyone. Add to that the 9 game conference slate. It just helps no one. I mean left on SHSU schedule is IW, Abilene, and HBU. Those are guaranteed wins, but they are so bad it doesn't help them out. Also they get hurt because Richmond turned out to be not quite as expected. But that is like Wisconsin this year. Sure undefeated, but man that schedule is terrible.

Something needs to change in the SLC. It is turning into the Sun Belt of the FCS just taking every team that wants to move up or start a team. And need to do away with the 9 game conference slate to get a little less in breeding. Sort of like the Amish bringing in outsiders to diddle their women and get some fresh blood.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 08:15 AM
Your crazy there is only one good team in the CAA, SHSU would roll the terriers like a taco. SHSU has Played 4 teams in the top 25 one out of the CAA... O and please dont put any Big lie schools ahead of that, never met one we didnt thrash in the playoffs.... If SHSU wins out they will definately be seeded as will Central Ark.

A 10-1 SHSU could be seeded lower than a whole host of teams with more losses. That will be an interesting argument. They certainly should be seeded lower than any 9-2 Valley, BSC, Elon, SBU, and maybe Wofford. And yes, you could make a case for a couple of 8-3's like SUU if you throw out the FBS loss and consider the quality wins and SoS.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 08:18 AM
Ok , conceeded the bottom 4 teams are trash, but lets set up the top 5 in the SLC against the top five in the SoCON, CAA, Big Sky, Patriot, our BIg South. I Love those matchups.

UCA
SHSU
NIcholls
SLU
McNeese

I think our top 5 is deeper than most think. I think SLU Mcneese and Nicholls would compete for 2nd place in almost every above mentioned conference..,. The playoffs will sort this out, If SHSU/UCA once again have a deep run in the playoffs it keeps destroying your narrative. Only one team wins and we usually only lose to the eventual champion. being a perennial top 5 team doesn't mean your trash guys...

lets look...
CAA
JMU
ELON
Stony Brook
Delaware
New Hampshire

OVC
JSU
Austin Peav
E. ILL
E. Kent
UT Mart

SoCon
Wofford
Furman
W. Car
Samford
Citadel

Big Sky
N. Arizona
S Utah
Weber St.
E. Wash
Mont. St.

Big South
Kenn St.
Monmouth
Char. South
Presb
G. Webb

Lets see how these teams all fare in the playoffs. Left MVFC off because undoubtedly they are in a league of their own top 5-6 teams.

Honestly I do feel bad for the good teams in the SLC like SHSU and UCA. The bottom half of that conference is so terrible. It doesn't prepare you for the playoffs and hurts you in the mind of people because you aren't playing anyone. Add to that the 9 game conference slate. It just helps no one. I mean left on SHSU schedule is IW, Abilene, and HBU. Those are guaranteed wins, but they are so bad it doesn't help them out. Also they get hurt because Richmond turned out to be not quite as expected. But that is like Wisconsin this year. Sure undefeated, but man that schedule is terrible.

Something needs to change in the SLC. It is turning into the Sun Belt of the FCS just taking every team that wants to move up or start a team. And need to do away with the 9 game conference slate to get a little less in breeding. Sort of like the Amish bringing in outsiders to diddle their women and get some fresh blood.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2017, 08:47 AM
Dom Izzo's Bracket

At this point, if your brackets have Western Carolina in it, but not Furman, it's a bad bracket

Bison56
November 2nd, 2017, 08:48 AM

For someone who doesn't know how it all works sure seems to do a lot of crying about Furman not being in the bracket.

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2017, 08:49 AM
Did you read what I said? I never said the top was bad. I said it is hard to judge them since there is so much in breeding. We have no idea how good those teams are since they have 2 OOC games and most play 1 FBS and 1 terrible FCS opponent. SHSU was different as they scheduled a good OOC game even though Richmond hasn't lived up to their end they are still solid. It is just hard to tell when 6 of the teams in the league are not good, and there are 4 that are just absolute trash. Now if the SLC does make some runs in the playoffs this year then things will go away.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 08:50 AM
2-3 W Ill...... lol prob be right though.

At this point, if your brackets have Western Carolina in it, but not Furman, it's a bad bracket

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 08:52 AM
No I agree with you. The OOC is trash because we play too many conference games. Wish UTSA and Texas State were still in the conference and you could play a East and West Schedule with more OOC games. SHSU cant get FBS games right now, unless its Alabama, LSU, or Auburn. Everyone can understand why a SMU, or a Virginia would not schedule us. Lose lose.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2017, 08:57 AM
There are two self-proclaimed "bracketologists" in the Fargo sports media; Dom Izzo and Jeremy Jorgenson (who is employed by NDSU and co-hosts a 2 hour every weekday radio show which is mostly dedicated to FCS football this time of year). When I listen to those two guys talk about their brackets and their rankings it makes me understand to a certain extent why the STATS and Coaches polls are so bad. I think they're both much more well informed than the average STATS/Coaches poll voter (not a shot at you citdog) but you can tell they form their own opinions and don't really have anyone to check them or point out their biases. They hold different teams to different standards and their rankings/brackets reflect that.

I still appreciate what they do because it's rare for local FCS guys to even make an attempt to focus outside of their team's conference but it goes to show how having a forum like AGS to check and point out your biases goes a long way towards putting together a fair ranking system and bracket.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2017, 09:03 AM
There are two self-proclaimed "bracketologists" in the Fargo sports media; Dom Izzo and Jeremy Jorgenson (who is employed by NDSU and co-hosts a 2 hour every weekday radio show which is mostly dedicated to FCS football this time of year). When I listen to those two guys talk about their brackets and their rankings it makes me understand to a certain extent why the STATS and Coaches polls are so bad. I think they're both much more well informed than the average STATS/Coaches poll voter (not a shot at you citdog) but you can tell they form their own opinions and don't really have anyone to check them or point out their biases. They hold different teams to different standards and their rankings/brackets reflect that.

I still appreciate what they do because it's rare for local FCS guys to even make an attempt to focus outside of their team's conference but it goes to show how having a forum like AGS to check and point out your biases goes a long way towards putting together a fair ranking system and bracket.

I don't even pretend to have enough insight about any team or conference outside of the Socon (and maybeeeeeee the Big South if I've had a few), so I try not to make claims about teams in other conferences (for instance, I have no idea what will happen in the MVFC in the next three weeks) outside of trying to apply equal criticism toward all quality conferences (see my schpiel about Albany and Youngstown not deserving their rankings earlier this year, I'd like to think those panned out).

It's just obnoxious to me, because comparing and arguing who should be seeded is a complicated conversation and I can respect the difference of opinion, but if who you select to be in the field doesn't actually reflect current developments (Furman beat Western, Western lost their QB, Furman probably favored to at least make the field if not win a share of the Socon, etc) I kind of just facepalm.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 09:05 AM
Prof Chaos, do you think its fair to say that the two guys who live in Fargo, One on the NDSU payroll may tend to lean towards the MVFC? and also could be considered homers of epic proportions? Asking for a friend....

kalm
November 2nd, 2017, 09:12 AM
Your crazy there is only one good team in the CAA, SHSU would roll the terriers like a taco. SHSU has Played 4 teams in the top 25 one out of the CAA... O and please dont put any Big lie schools ahead of that, never met one we didnt thrash in the playoffs.... If SHSU wins out they will definately be seeded as will Central Ark.

Lol no.

Elon has the 16th SoS, you have the 54th. You both beat Richmond but they also have wins over a ranked Furman and Nova. They were playing Toledo while you were struggling against PVAM.

Stony Brook has the 27th SoS, also beat Richmond like you did, and has wins over a ranked Delaware and UNH. They were hanging with a very good UCF while you were struggling against PVAM.

Take away the FBS games and Elon has one less loss than you against a way better SoS. SBU has the same amount of losses against a way better schedule.

UD, UNH, Furman, Nova > McNeese and Nicholls.

The 9th place Big Fluffy team has an FBS win this year. Imagine if the 9th place SLC, ICW could do that. Unfortunately ICW got rolled by the 6th place Big Fluffy team. SUU beat SFA 51-14 on the road. You beat the Jacks 27-16 at home.

Starting to see a trend here?

I will grant that you have a case against Wofford.

There is only one SLC team with a SoS below 50. It's not your fault Richmond hasn't lived up to their potential and the SLC is ranked behind the OVC and Big South in Sagarin.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2017, 09:13 AM
Prof Chaos, do you think its fair to say that the two guys who live in Fargo, One on the NDSU payroll may tend to lean towards the MVFC? and also could be considered homers of epic proportions? Asking for a friend....
Jorgenson is a NDSU/MVFC homer of epic proportions but, when your paycheck is coming from the NDSU athletic department and 95% of your listeners are NDSU fans, he's kind of supposed to be. It's really no different from elsewhere in college or in the pros (people from around here can attest to that based on Paul Allen's, the Minnesota Vikings PxP guy, "super objective" sports talk radio show based out of Minneapolis/St Paul). Izzo isn't quite as biased but when you spend as much time as he does around NDSU's players and coaches it's impossible not to hold a bias towards both NDSU and the MVFC.

I can understand how opposing fans get irritated when Izzo and Jorgenson try to prop themselves up as some FCS nationwide expert but take it for what it's worth; just two biased guys who are passionate about FCS football.... which is a lot like most of us on this board.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2017, 09:22 AM
As a Wofford fan, I recognize why people don't want to give us a seed. Having said that, if we win the autobid for the Socon with a 9-2 record, I think we deserve at least (if not at most) the #8 seed by virtue of our body of work.

The bottom half of the Socon, sans VMI, is much much better than the bottom of the Southland. I recognize that the ETSU game last week looked unimpressive (ETSU is, what, 3-5 this year?), but the Bucs play a lot better at home. I think a two score win against Chattanooga should ease some of this anxiety. Going through Wofford's schedule, the only games that make us look bad are the close wins against Gardner Webb and ETSU (the final scores IMO don't do justice to how in control Wofford was for those games, but that's on Wofford for letting them get back in). Meanwhile, I'll take the 24 point win against PC, the 7 point win against Western, the 4 point win against the Citadel, the 1 point wins against Mercer/Furman and even the 3 point loss to Samford because those scores reflect how close the conference is to one another.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 09:40 AM
100% agree, I still listen xdrunkyx

Jorgenson is a NDSU/MVFC homer of epic proportions but, when your paycheck is coming from the NDSU athletic department and 95% of your listeners are NDSU fans, he's kind of supposed to be. It's really no different from elsewhere in college or in the pros (people from around here can attest to that based on Paul Allen's, the Minnesota Vikings PxP guy, "super objective" sports talk radio show based out of Minneapolis/St Paul). Izzo isn't quite as biased but when you spend as much time as he does around NDSU's players and coaches it's impossible not to hold a bias towards both NDSU and the MVFC.

I can understand how opposing fans get irritated when Izzo and Jorgenson try to prop themselves up as some FCS nationwide expert but take it for what it's worth; just two biased guys who are passionate about FCS football.... which is a lot like most of us on this board.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 09:45 AM
lol, a Nevada team who has been trashed by everyone except a inept Hawaii team, lol. I think UIW or HBU could absolutely play with Nevada this year haha. I think my kids high school could...

Lol no.

Elon has the 16th SoS, you have the 54th. You both beat Richmond but they also have wins over a ranked Furman and Nova. They were playing Toledo while you were struggling against PVAM.

Stony Brook has the 27th SoS, also beat Richmond like you did, and has wins over a ranked Delaware and UNH. They were hanging with a very good UCF while you were struggling against PVAM.

Take away the FBS games and Elon has one less loss than you against a way better SoS. SBU has the same amount of losses against a way better schedule.

UD, UNH, Furman, Nova > McNeese and Nicholls.

The 9th place Big Fluffy team has an FBS win this year. Imagine if the 9th place SLC, ICW could do that. Unfortunately ICW got rolled by the 6th place Big Fluffy team. SUU beat SFA 51-14 on the road. You beat the Jacks 27-16 at home.

Starting to see a trend here?

I will grant that you have a case against Wofford.

There is only one SLC team with a SoS below 50. It's not your fault Richmond hasn't lived up to their potential and the SLC is ranked behind the OVC and Big South in Sagarin.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2017, 09:48 AM
Since I think people want a case for Wofford over SHSU for a seed, I'll give it to ya.

Obviously, we weren't a seed last year, but we made it to the field of 8. One may criticize us for playing down to our competition this year, as every conference game has been competitive in the fourth quarter (also Gardner Webb). The problem with this logic is that this was true last year as well, as 7 of 8 conference games were competitive/in doubt in the fourth quarter (also our performance against 5-6 Tennessee Tech who played an easier schedule than GW). The only game that wasn't competitive in the fourth quarter was ETSU (who was in the second year of their program and on the road). The difference between this year's team and last year's team is borderline just circumstantial. We played teams that weren't good (Johnson C Smith and ETSU; I'll note that ETSU is leaps and bounds better this year) really well, but some teams that were bad or average (Mercer, Furman, Western and even VMI we played close and scored late to either win (Furman) or put it away (VMI, Mercer, Western)

Wofford's quality wins this year are against Furman and Western. Mercer may also count, pending on how they finish the next two games. Last year, Wofford had two wins against teams with winning records, 3 against teams with 5+ D1 wins before the playoffs. This year, *as of this moment* we've matched that mark with winning teams; if the Citadel wins on Saturday, we'll surpass it and match the 5 D1 wins (if Mercer beats Samford also). So, compared to last year, we're about where we were and statistically we're about the same by every measure except sacks (which are down, arguably that's due to playing tougher competition and Socon teams running more) and passing yards which are up about 40 to 60 ypg.

I'll concede that our style of play is vulnerable to upsets and won't score 40 points a game (we've not scored 40 on a team with a winning record in probably a decade), but we're not going to let teams score 30 on us either (we haven't allowed an FCS team to score 30 on us in regulation in about two years).

But I don't see how you can argue that Wofford isn't a seed-worthy team (if only the 8th seed) without arguing 1) the socon is worse than it was last year (which I think is demonstrably false) or 2) that Wofford is worse than last year (which I think is also demonstrably false). So, if we finish 9-2 (or miraculously better), I think we deserve a seed.

Now, if Furman goes 8-3 and blows Samford and the Citadel out of the water, I'm open to the argument that they may deserve a seed over Wofford. We'll fight that battle when it comes.

soconjohn5
November 2nd, 2017, 09:50 AM
Wofford and Furman would roll your renegade program led by a renegade coach like a taco, SHSU...Part of it is you can't stop the run...Your team is not tough and as physical as Wofford and Furman.

kalm
November 2nd, 2017, 09:51 AM
As a Wofford fan, I recognize why people don't want to give us a seed. Having said that, if we win the autobid for the Socon with a 9-2 record, I think we deserve at least (if not at most) the #8 seed by virtue of our body of work.

The bottom half of the Socon, sans VMI, is much much better than the bottom of the Southland. I recognize that the ETSU game last week looked unimpressive (ETSU is, what, 3-5 this year?), but the Bucs play a lot better at home. I think a two score win against Chattanooga should ease some of this anxiety. Going through Wofford's schedule, the only games that make us look bad are the close wins against Gardner Webb and ETSU (the final scores IMO don't do justice to how in control Wofford was for those games, but that's on Wofford for letting them get back in). Meanwhile, I'll take the 24 point win against PC, the 7 point win against Western, the 4 point win against the Citadel, the 1 point wins against Mercer/Furman and even the 3 point loss to Samford because those scores reflect how close the conference is to one another.

Wofford, JSU, and SHSU are all similar in SOS and quality wins.

USD has UNI, SDSU, and NDSU remaining
SdSU has NDSU, USD, and ISUr remaining
ISUr has WIU, SDSU, and NDSU remaining.
Elon has UNH and JMU
SBU has Albany and Maine
SUU has NAU
NAU has UM and SUU

I see a load of bloodshed coming up with Wofford, JSU, and SHSU likely getting seeded pending no further losses.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2017, 09:59 AM
Wofford, JSU, and SHSU are all similar in SOS and quality wins.

USD has UNI, SDSU, and NDSU remaining
SdSU has NDSU, USD, and ISUr remaining
ISUr has WIU, SDSU, and NDSU remaining.
Elon has UNH and JMU
SBU has Albany and Maine
SUU has NAU
NAU has UM and SUU

I see a load of bloodshed coming up with Wofford, JSU, and SHSU likely getting seeded pending no further losses.

Edit: I misinterpreted this post

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2017, 10:02 AM
That sagarin based bracket is stupid. Throw it in the trash. The real bracket is not going to exclusively refer to sagarin.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 10:04 AM
Playoffs will tell this tale my friend. Can someone refresh my memory last time we played a Socon team in the playoffs?

Wofford and Furman would roll your renegade program led by a renegade coach like a taco, SHSU...Part of it is you can't stop the run...Your team is not tough and as physical as Wofford and Furman.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2017, 10:07 AM
I think at this point in posting in this thread, I must reiterate: I would prefer Wofford would get a seed, but I would rather they not get a seed and not play Furman than get a seed and play Furman.

Furman is good and familiar with us. Socon rematches in the playoffs never turn out good for the first victor.

soconjohn5
November 2nd, 2017, 10:09 AM
Yeah that spotted you like 28 points and you almost lost...Ask KC Keeler about his last trip to Furman...He whined about the refs and wore sunglasses to the presser...It was the flourescent lights I guess.

KPSUL
November 2nd, 2017, 10:10 AM
CAA Playoff picture:

Regarding UNH making it to the playoffs I hope it works this way: If they win out and go 8-3, no question. If they win 2 of three, and one of the two is Elon, I don't see any other 7-4 CAA team beating them out. 7-4 with a loss to Elon, or anything worse, they don't get in.

Villanova and Richmond could end up 7-4 by winning out. Low probability, especially for Richmond since they play one another and Richmond still has to play JMU. Delaware is 5-3 like UNH so they have close to the same scenario. Maine can end up 7-3 by winning out and with those games against Delaware, UMass and Stony Brook - that's a tall order but if they did it, they'd compare up well to any of the 7-4 CAA teams.

With JMU in, and Stony Brook and Elon likely to end up with at least 8 wins, one or two additional teams from the CAA out of the 5 still in the hunt could end up in the playoffs. I believe the order of likelihood is: Delaware, UNH, Villanova, Maine and Richmond.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 10:13 AM
Spotted as in burned with deep balls, and almost lost means won. I don't care what KC did at Delaware, I'm not a huge Keeler fan. He has underachieved here with his talent.

Yeah that spotted you like 28 points and you almost lost...Ask KC Keeler about his last trip to Furman...He whined about the refs and wore sunglasses to the presser...It was the flourescent lights I guess.

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2017, 10:14 AM
KPSUL, VU and UR play each other this week. They both can't win out and finish with 7-4 records. Someone will be 6-5.

soconjohn5
November 2nd, 2017, 10:16 AM
And I don't dislike SHSU...I just don't think you would roll Wofford or Furman or the top of the SoCon like a taco...We agree that KC Keeler is a far far cry from Willie Fritz as a coach then.

BNATION
November 2nd, 2017, 10:20 AM
Absolutely man, we all love our teams.. And yes not even close to Fritz, i secretly hope Willie fails at the next level and comes home haha, but hes already turned around a completely irrelevant program and is playing everyone tough. Hes a true coach and will leave Tulane with a winning record after next year for a big time job i expect.

And I don't dislike SHSU...I just don't think you would roll Wofford or Furman or the top of the SoCon like a taco...We agree that KC Keeler is a far far cry from Willie Fritz as a coach then.

soconjohn5
November 2nd, 2017, 10:22 AM
I actually kinda like SHSU...I just am not a fan of Keeler.

soconjohn5
November 2nd, 2017, 10:25 AM
Your offense when Fritz was there was revolutionary in many ways...In some ways similar to what Furman is doing now, only the QB running the ball was far more as a of a part of your attack than ours...Fritz was innovative and I liked that about him.

ElonFirefighter
November 2nd, 2017, 11:24 AM

Ohhh you beat 4 top 10. Lets see Elon has beaten, and Elons played a little more then 1 CAA team. BTW our conference is not ranked 8th 3 spots below the Big South.

#16 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN (http://www.csusports.com/)
#6 RICHMOND (http://richmondspiders.com/)
#19 ALBANY (http://www.ualbanysports.com/)
#13 VILLANOVA (http://www.villanova.com/)

Receiving votes at time

#58 Furman
#44 W&M

If SHSU wins out they will definately be seeded as will Central Ark.

Sounds like you are smoking some of those seeds

jmufan999
November 2nd, 2017, 11:33 AM
oh please please please let us play Colgate in the second round. we could use some revenge. i would be thrilled to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KPSUL
November 2nd, 2017, 12:44 PM
KPSUL, VU and UR play each other this week. They both can't win out and finish with 7-4 records. Someone will be 6-5.

I thought I said that, but perhaps I could have written it more succinctly. Is this better?
"Either Villanova and Richmond could end up 7-4 by winning out. Low probability, especially for Richmond since they play one another and Richmond still has to play JMU."

There are other complexities like only 2 out of 3 of Maine, Nova and Delaware can make it. Both Maine and Nova must win all their remaining games and they both play Delaware. However, if Delaware loses two of their last 3 games they will only have 6 wins. So in actuality there can only be a max of 3 teams ending up with 7 wins (unless SB loses 2 of 3 or Elon 3 of 3), but it is more likely that it will be two. I could go on and explain the statistics behind that; however, I personally don't like long convoluted posts so I try to avoid them myself.

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2017, 12:46 PM
2-3 W Ill...... lol prob be right though.

Wait...what'd we do? And why are you listing us with only our conference record? We're 5-3.

WrenFGun
November 2nd, 2017, 12:50 PM
My opinion on the field, because you clearly asked, with projected records and games:

Big Sky: NAU [Good W over ISU-r, no bad losses] (8-3, @MU[W], MSU[W], SUU[L]), SUU [W over UNI and Weber, projected W over NAU, no bad losses] (9-2, ND[W], @UCD[W], NAU[W]), EWU [Averageish Projected win over Weber State] (8-3, WSU[W], @ND[W], PSU[W]), Weber State [Wins over Montana and Sacramento State are best] (8-3, @EWU[L], @PSU[W], ISU [W])

Out, but with a chance, from Big Sky: Montana (Probably in if they win out, would need to beat NAU, but have lost to all teams in front of them), Montana State (Probably in if they win out, no bad losses, would have beaten 7-1 Kennesaw State, Montana and NAU to get in). UC Davis (winning out would give them a win over SUU with no bad losses and 7 DI wins, so they'd have a shot)

Big South: Monmouth [Projects at 10-1 with a couple of decentish wins; no resume to get in at 9-2, IMO, but not impossible] (10-1, Presby[W], GWU[W], @KSU[W])

Out, but with a chance, Big South: Kennesaw State [Has D2 on schedule, tough remaining schedule, could lose out] (7[D1]-3, @MSU[L], CHSO[W], Monmouth[L])

CAA: JMU [Projected 11-0, Wins over UNH, Villanova, Delaware, Maine, ECU, Projected Elon and Richmond] (11-0, @URI[W], UR[W], @Elon[W]), Elon (8-3, Towson[W], @UNH[L], JMU[L]), Stony Brook [Project them to go 8-3 with quality wins over UNH, UR and no bad losses] (8-3, Albany[W], Wagner[W], @Maine[L]), UNH [I think people are sleeping a bit on the FBS win; it always helps, however bad, with the committee. I project out as 8-3, bad L to HC, probably favored or coin flip in all of last 3] (@WM[W], Elon[W], @Albany[W])
[I]
Out, but with a chance, CAA: Richmond (Must win out to get to 7-4, that would include wins over 'Nova and JMU on the road, no good wins), Villanova (no good wins currently, would probably need to beat Richmond and Delaware at home and hope that either Stony Brook or UNH fall into a conference tie with them), Delaware (tough loss to Towson, nice win over SBU, but has to go to Maine and to Villanova, think they lose at least one of those games), Maine (I think they'll beat both Delaware and Stony Brook in Orono, but with a 10 game schedule and an FBS on the docket, they'll need to win out to get to 7 DI wins and that seems tough).

MVFC: NDSU (@SDSU[W], SD[W], @ISU-r[L]), South Dakota [I think they'll be playing for the playoffs against SDSU in the final week to avoid finishing 1-4] (@UNI[L] @NDSU[L], SDSU[W]), ISU-r [weird loss to SIU, but I think they'll finish 2-1] (WIU[W], @SDSU[L], NDSU[W]), UNI [Think they'll win out to 7-4, have some nice wins, and are hot] (USD[W], @MISSST[W], ISU-b[W]), WIU [Think they'll go 2-1 to close, 7 DI wins is enough with a fair finish from MVFC and wins over UNI and NAU] (@ISU-r[L], @ISU-b[W], SIU[W), SDSU [Think they can knock South Dakota out if they win that game, but think they'll be in as long as they beat ISU-r at home] (NDSU[L], ISU-r[W], @SD[L])

[I]Out but with a shot, MVFC: Southern Illinois (Could conceivably knock out WIU if they win out, but I suspect they fall to both YSU and ISU-r), Youngstown State (don't sleep on this; 4 conference losses are rough but they could win out and give the committee something to look at if they're 6-5; they have beaten SDSU).

Note on MVFC: I've never seen something like this before; all the teams play each other! You could make a case for ISU-r losing out or winning out; SDSU and South Dakota could basically be a playoff game depending on how things shake out. After NDSU, I probably feel BEST about UNI getting in. I project six but it wouldn't shock me to see 4 or 5.

NEC: Duquesne (Basically I think they'll beat CCSU and get in). I don't think a 3 loss team is getting in from the NEC otherwise, and I don't think a potential Duquesne win over Liberty is enough to get them to at large consideration at 9-2.

OVC: Jacksonville State (Would basically have to lose twice in their final 3 for anyone else to have a sniff).

Out but with a shot, OVC: The only other team you can talk about in the OVC is Austin Peay, who could finish the season with 8 DI wins and 4 DI losses, 3 of which is against FBS competition. Given the bubble, I can't imagine you take them given they have no good wins, but it's worth a note.

Patriot League: Lehigh (Terrible; if they finish 5-6, they're the Patriot League champions.)
Out, but with a shot, Patriot League: It's tough to hear this, but is Colgate a threat here if they finish 7-4? I sincerely, sincerely doubt it, but I note it depending on what happens with the bubble. They have no good wins and a meh loss to suddenly Patriot League champion Lehigh, but they'll also have 7 DI wins. In some years, that might be enough, but probably not this one with how bad the PL is and their lack of good wins. Just covering bases.

Pioneer: Hopefully the San Diego/Drake winner wins out, as that will be the champion. Otherwise, hella chaos. I'll assume San Diego here, given Drake actually is well in the negative in PS/PA.

Southern: Wofford [Haven't been great, but they've also beaten Furman, WCU, and The Citadel, and have a chance to go 9-2] (Chatt[W], @VMI[W], @SCU[L]), Furman [They're the best team in the SoCON IMO, having won 6 straight, but they may need to win out to guarantee a bid given other bubbles and the teams they play. I think they will.] (Citadel[W], @Samford[W]).

Out, but with a shot, Southern: WCU (I think WCU is a good team, but they project to finish 7-5 to me; tough game @Citadel next, then close with North Carolina. Their win over Samford may knock both teams out). Samford (Currently only team to beat Kennesaw State, and knocked Wofford off; I think they'll lose to Furman in the closer and I worry @Mercer, too. I'm not sure 7-4 gets them in, but they could knock Furman out by beating them in the finale. That loss to Chattanooga stings late, and I think they may need 8 to overcome that. If Samford beats Furman, you could/should flip them.).

Southland: Central Arkansas [Should finish 10-1, cupcakes down stretch. Beat the other three teams worth their salt in Southland] (@LAMAR[W], @ICW[W], ACU[W]), Sam Houston State [Should finish 10-1, cupcakes down stretch. Beat Richmond, SELA, lost to UCA] (ICW[W], @ACU[W], HBU[W]), Nicholls State (HBU[W], @SFA[W], @SELA[L])

[I]Out, but with a shot, Southland: McNeese State is basically lying in wait for the bubble to soften. They are probably going to go 9-2 with SELA at home, and that will be their best win (I project them to go 6-5). One of those wins is non D1, and they lost to Nicholls. They'd do us a real favor by losing somewhere since IMO, they don't belong in the field. Southeast Louisiana could get to 8-2 in conference by winning out, which would involve beating Nicholls and McNeese. That probably knocks all three teams out, but worth nothing.

--

Overall Breakdown:

Big Sky: NAU, SUU, Weber State, EWU
Big South: Monmouth
CAA: JMU, Stony Brook, Elon, UNH
MVFC: NDSU, SDSU, UNI, SD, WIU, ISU-r
NEC: Duquesne
OVC: JSU
Patriot: Lehigh
PFL: San Diego
Southern: Wofford, Furman
Southland: Sam Houston State, UCA, Nicholls State

--

Here's what to watch for if your team is sort of teetering on the edge and you're looking for spots to open up. NAU is a team to watch for a few reasons -- they have the toughest remaining schedule of the competitors in the Big Sky, and have a big non-conference win over ISU-r. I project them to close 2-1, but if they close 1-2 or worse, things get real interesting out there since it may bring Montana or Montana State into the picture. I think you have to watch everyone in the CAA beyond JMU. Towson just beat Delaware, so if Elon loses there they could be in trouble. Stony Brook has a rivalry game against Albany they need to find a win to tie up their spot. UNH hasn't won in Williamsburg in years and hosts Elon, so again, they should be in those games but they're coinflips. Villanova and Richmond can crawl back in by winning out, and Delaware could be in the same spot against Maine and 'Nova. It's all the odds there. The MVFC is super interesting. Any of SDSU, SD and ISU-R could lose out and find themselves out of the playoffs with those schedules. I have them all in right now, but I sort of think SDSU vs SD will be a play in game. The SoCON is in a tough spot. There are going to be a large number of 8 DI win teams in my opinion, and WCU and Samford/Furman may have a hard time getting there. Don't know if anyone outside of the MVFC is getting in without 8 DI wins this year based on the quality of the bubble. The Southland Conference is also interesting because of the teams who could get 8 DI wins. McNeese may get there without beating a single team of note.

Gangtackle11
November 2nd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Gamgtackle11 Week 9 Bracket

AQ:
So. Utah
Kennesaw State
JMU
NDSU
Duquesne
Jacksonville State
Lehigh
San Diego
Furman
Central Arkansas

At-Large;
Eastern Washington
No. Arizona
Weber State
Monmouth
Elon
Stony Brook
UNH
So. Dakota
SDSU
WIU
ISUr
Wofford
SHSU
McNeesee St.

8 Furman vs. Elon/Kennesaw St. winner
1 James Madison vs. Monmouth/Stony Brook winner

5 South Dakota vs. SDSU/Weber State winner
4 Jacksonville State vs. Wofford/Duquesne winner

6 Sam Houston St. vs. EWU/San Diego winner
3 Central Arkansas vs. McNeese St./Western Ill. winner

7 So. Utah vs. No. Arizona/ISUr winner
2 NDSU vs. Lehigh/UNH winner

WrenFGun
November 2nd, 2017, 01:07 PM
Gamgtackle11 Week 9 Bracket

AQ:
So. Utah
Kennesaw State
JMU
NDSU
Duquesne
Jacksonville State
Lehigh
San Diego
Furman
Central Arkansas

At-Large;
Eastern Washington
No. Arizona
Weber State
Monmouth
Elon
Stony Brook
UNH
So. Dakota
SDSU
WIU
ISUr
Wofford
SHSU
McNeesee St.

8 Furman vs. Elon/Kennesaw St. winner
1 James Madison vs. Monmouth/Stony Brook winner

5 South Dakota vs. SDSU/Weber State winner
4 Jacksonville State vs. Wofford/Duquesne winner

6 Sam Houston St. vs. EWU/San Diego winner
3 Central Arkansas vs. McNeese St./Western Ill. winner

7 So. Utah vs. No. Arizona/ISUr winner
2 NDSU vs. Lehigh/UNH winner

Basically my opinions, but I think Monmouth will beat Kennesaw State [don't think Monmouth is an at large otherwise] and think UNI over McNeese State.

ElCid
November 2nd, 2017, 01:15 PM
My opinion on the field, because you clearly asked, with projected records and games:

Overall Breakdown:

MVFC will not get 6 in.

McNeese75
November 2nd, 2017, 01:30 PM
Basically my opinions, but I think Monmouth will beat Kennesaw State [don't think Monmouth is an at large otherwise] and think UNI over McNeese State.

I doubt either McNeese or UNI will be in the bracket

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2017, 01:35 PM
MVFC will not get 6 in.
They could if you read through his scenario:

1) NDSU: 10-1 (7-1) - In easily
2) Illinois St: 8-3 (6-2) - In easily
3) USD: 8-3 (5-3) - In easily
4) UNI 7-4 (6-2) - In with 6 MVFC wins including USD and SDSU
5) SDSU: 7-4 (4-4) - In with wins over ISUr and WIU
6) WIU: 7-4 (4-4) - In with wins over NAU, CCU, and UNI with no bad losses

I think SDSU and WIU would be sweating a bit but at 7-4 I think they're both in.

WrenFGun
November 2nd, 2017, 01:40 PM
I doubt either McNeese or UNI will be in the bracket

UNI is definitely in if they win out, IMO. They're not passing on a 6-2 MVFC team.

I don't believe McNeese deserves to be in, even over a 7 DI win CAA or SoCon team, but you never know what 9 wins [8 DI] will do for the committee if they win out.

- - - Updated - - -

MVFC will not get 6 in.

Why not? They all have better resumes and wins than the teams who didn't get in.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 01:53 PM
UNIFanSince1983...

"Honestly I do feel bad for the good teams in the SLC like SHSU and UCA. The bottom half of that conference is so terrible. It doesn't prepare you for the playoffs and hurts you in the mind of people because you aren't playing anyone. Add to that the 9 game conference slate. It just helps no one. I mean left on SHSU schedule is IW, Abilene, and HBU. Those are guaranteed wins, but they are so bad it doesn't help them out. Also they get hurt because Richmond turned out to be not quite as expected. But that is like Wisconsin this year. Sure undefeated, but man that schedule is terrible.

Something needs to change in the SLC. It is turning into the Sun Belt of the FCS just taking every team that wants to move up or start a team. And need to do away with the 9 game conference slate to get a little less in breeding. Sort of like the Amish bringing in outsiders to diddle their women and get some fresh blood."

"Honestly", I don't have much dog in this fight as we really aren't relevant to this topic this year. Still, the above quote doesn't show much knowledge, wisdom or respect of the conference or the teams. Most who read my comments are going to know I am much harder on my team than ANY other team, regardless of conference. I may be new to posting on this board, but I'm not new to football or posting and have had conversations on our board with some on here. ACU played two decent FBS programs as part of our OOC schedule and we played them well, earning each of their respect, even when we lost. ACU was a founding member of the SLC and has been playing football since the 1920's.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 01:57 PM
post 2

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
Those who talk about teams in the SLC need to learn about the teams in the SLC and their history first. We don't have a dog in the bracket this year but doesn't matter.

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2017, 02:02 PM
Those who talk about teams in the SLC need to learn about the teams in the SLC and their history first. We don't have a dog in the bracket this year but doesn't matter.

Ok.

Learn us.

Go.

Daytripper
November 2nd, 2017, 02:05 PM

Good to have another ACU poster on here. Stick around.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
"learn us"? sure bubble head...

ACU was a founding member of the SLC and has been playing football since the 1920's. We are just coming back up to the D1 level, but have been pretty competitive nationally, and dominant regionally, at the D2 level. Our record won't speak to it yet but are actually playing pretty good most of the time. This year we played two decent FBS programs in OOC schedule win New Mexico and Colorado State and we beat the spread both games. So, you want to make comparisons or trash talk, make them reasonable.

Are you learned yet?

I have had discussions with others on this board, even though I am new to posting hear. Most will know I speak more critically of my own team than I will of ANY other.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 02:12 PM
"learn us"? sure bubble head...

ACU was a founding member of the SLC and has been playing football since the 1920's. We are just coming back up to the D1 level, but have been pretty competitive nationally, and dominant regionally, at the D2 level. Our record won't speak to it yet but are actually playing pretty good most of the time. This year we played two decent FBS programs in OOC schedule win New Mexico and Colorado State and we beat the spread both games. So, you want to make comparisons or trash talk, make them reasonable.

Are you learned yet?

I have had discussions with others on this board, even though I am new to posting hear. Most will know I speak more critically of my own team than I will of ANY other.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 02:13 PM
Always good to be around :D

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 02:15 PM
Always good to be around :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully my reply to BB Bisontru will show up soon, lol.....

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2017, 02:21 PM
oh please please please let us play Colgate in the second round. we could use some revenge. i would be thrilled to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only we got Liberty too. I'd be the "playoff teams Withers couldn't beat" tour.

Gangtackle11
November 2nd, 2017, 02:21 PM
Ok, I know this is a pipe dream, but if Nova (4-4) wins out (Richmond,@Rhody, Delaware) will they get in at 7-4?

CAA teams that Nova would be compared to:
Stony Brook 6-2 (Albany, Wagner, @Maine)
UNH 5-3 (@W&M, Elon, @Albany)
Delaware 5-3 (@Maine, Albany, @Delaware)
Maine 4-3 (Delaware, @UMass-Fenway, Stony Brook)

Nova winning out would have wins over Maine & Delaware. They would have eliminated Richmond on the way.

I think if UNH gets to 7 they will have the edge over Nova with AD on selection committee & better Home crowds.

A tie with SB (they need to finish 1-2) may give Nova the edge since SB will have losses to Maine & Delaware. Nova will have beaten both.

Nova should be on top with h2h wins over Delaware & Maine if these teams have 7 wins.

Thoughts? Do I have any reason for optimism? Can’t wait for the wise crack remarks. xpeacexxpeacex

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 02:24 PM
"learn us"? sure...

Are you learned yet?

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2017, 02:29 PM
Ok, I know this is a pipe dream, but if Nova (4-4) wins out (Richmond,@Rhody, Delaware) will they get in at 7-4?

Nova winning out would have wins over Maine & Delaware. They would have eliminated Richmond on the way.

I think if UNH gets to 7 they will have the edge over Nova with AD on selection committee & better Home crowds.

A tie with SB (they need to finish 1-2) may give Nova the edge since SB will have losses to Maine & Delaware. Nova will have beaten both.

Nova should be on top with h2h wins over Delaware & Maine if these teams have 7 wins.

Thoughts? Do I have any reason for optimism? Can’t wait for the wise crack remarks. xpeacexxpeacex

Oh I think you guys are in play. 7 wins in the CAA is definitely going to get a look. It all comes down to the bubble and UNH, Delaware, and Maine all could drop 2 games to finish out the season weakening the bubble. Also helps how the rest of the country plays out. The weaker the bubble the better your chances.

The other thing we know from past comments by the committee is finishing strong winning at the end of the season is something they put consideration into.

WrenFGun
November 2nd, 2017, 02:31 PM

I'd take Nova over UNH based on resume, but there's almost no chance the committee would take Nova over either UNH or Stony Brook because of the conference W/L. Albany had a better resume than UNH and a H2H win over UNH, and they still chose UNH over Albany despite both finishing 7-4. Conference record definitely matters.

I think Villanova's in a rough spot and will have to hop for a pretty wild final few weeks to get in at 7-4.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2017, 02:32 PM

Absolutely. 100%.

WrenFGun
November 2nd, 2017, 02:33 PM
Absolutely. 100%.

Don't think this is accurate. They'll need help. It's not the soft bubble it's been in past years.

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2017, 02:39 PM
"learn us"? sure...

Are you learned yet?

Thanks for the history lesson, but no offense your 2 wins have combined 2 wins. It's great that you feel good about how your team is playing but on a national scale and in a playoff prediction thread they aren't relative. Nicholls St is also an up and coming program that is making some noise and has a potential to see a playoff birth and they are on the radar of anybody trying to predict a bracket or put together a poll. Maybe your cats break through next year and become a player, but unfortunately this year is done.

And from everyone outside of the Southland, we'd love to see you guys win out. Go Cats!!

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 02:47 PM
I already said we aren't relative, but we didn't deserve the comment made by some loser UNI fan. We have just begun at the D1 level again and shouldn't be ready for the championship bracket, but we have been around and competitive for a long time. We aren't bottom of the barrel and we aren't a start up program. The original comment wasn't a "learned" comment even if we aren't on your radar. We won't sit back to some stupid remark who was trying to trash a conference.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
And by the way, ask the "up and coming Nicholls" of what they think after we went down and played for the first time ever and they only scored one TD on us. Nicholls is a good team!

Gangtackle11
November 2nd, 2017, 02:53 PM
I'd take Nova over UNH based on resume, but there's almost no chance the committee would take Nova over either UNH or Stony Brook because of the conference W/L. Albany had a better resume than UNH and a H2H win over UNH, and they still chose UNH over Albany despite both finishing 7-4. Conference record definitely matters.

I think Villanova's in a rough spot and will have to hop for a pretty wild final few weeks to get in at 7-4.

Stony Brook & Nova would have identical 5-3 conference records if my pipe dream scenario played out (unless they lose to Wagner & win a CAA game instead). So a 7-4 (5-3) Stony Brook & Nova finish who goes?

That said I think SB finishes 8-3 or even 9-2.

WrenFGun
November 2nd, 2017, 02:56 PM
Stony Brook & Nova would have identical 5-3 conference records if my pipe dream scenario played out (unless they lose to Wagner & win a CAA game instead). So a 7-4 (5-3) Stony Brook & Nova finish who goes?

Nova probably goes in that scenario because Stony Brook would've had a rough finish, though Stony Brook is probably also in over a 7-4 UNH due to H2H. I thought you were saying Nova would finish 4-4 in the CAA, so at 5-3, it opens up more of a broad base. In my current projections, though, the only 7 win teams I have in are from the MVFC.

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2017, 03:00 PM
I already said we aren't relative, but we didn't deserve the comment made by some loser UNI fan. We have just begun at the D1 level again and shouldn't be ready for the championship bracket, but we have been around and competitive for a long time. We aren't bottom of the barrel and we aren't a start up program. The original comment wasn't a "learned" comment even if we aren't on your radar. We won't sit back to some stupid remark who was trying to trash a conference.

I know you're new here, but it would be helpful if you quote the poster you are responding to like the UNI guy. I think I found his post you are referring to and I can understand how you might not really enjoy reading comments about how bad the Southland is. But he has a point with Sammy finishing the schedule with you guys and the only two teams you beat. It's tough for us and the committee to see if Sammy is a worthy seed when they only have and will have one very bubbly potential playoff win all season. Also, his point of playing weaker competition before the playoffs is not always a great recipe when things are going to get a lot tougher in the playoffs. ACU is their toughest competition to finish the season and you guys are keeping games respectable, but I don't see you guys being much of a struggle for the Bearkats. And believe me, I hope I'm wrong. The rest of the nation would love to see you guys knock them off.

Gangtackle11
November 2nd, 2017, 03:01 PM
Nova probably goes in that scenario because Stony Brook would've had a rough finish, though Stony Brook is probably also in over a 7-4 UNH due to H2H. I thought you were saying Nova would finish 4-4 in the CAA, so at 5-3, it opens up more of a broad base. In my current projections, though, the only 7 win teams I have in are from the MVFC.

I hear ya. Lots of teams to choose from this year around the bubble. I agree with your assessment.

Redbird 4th & short
November 2nd, 2017, 03:02 PM
They could if you read through his scenario:

1) NDSU: 10-1 (7-1) - In easily
2) Illinois St: 8-3 (6-2) - In easily
3) USD: 8-3 (5-3) - In easily
4) UNI 7-4 (6-2) - In with 6 MVFC wins including USD and SDSU
5) SDSU: 7-4 (4-4) - In with wins over ISUr and WIU
6) WIU: 7-4 (4-4) - In with wins over NAU, CCU, and UNI with no bad losses

I think SDSU and WIU would be sweating a bit but at 7-4 I think they're both in.

Here is more abbreviated format I stole from anouther poster, and then added next 3 teams .. the final 3 weeks for top 4 in MVFC is going to be a serious grind.

1. NDSU (8-0, 5-0) .. @ SDSU, USD, @ ISUr .. 2 road games, and USD wanting to prove something

2. USD (7-1, 4-1) ... @ UNI, @ NDSU, SDSU .. 2 road games, and a resurgent SDSU offense

3. ISUr (6-2, 4-1) ... WIU, @ SDSU, NDSU ... only need 1 win for 7-4 record and playoff

4. SDSU (6-2, 3-2) ... NDSU, ISUr, @ USD ... only need 1 win for 7-4 record and playoff

then remaining SOS lightens up a lot for next 3 teams - with obvious inference being the teams below already played toughest part of schedule .. which is maybe why they are below ... for now:

5. WIU (5-3, 2-3) ... @ ISUr, @ ISUb, SIU .. could easily go 2-1, so 7-4 and playoffs is realistic

6. UNI (4-4, 3-2) ... USD, @ MoST, ISUb .. could easily go 2-1, maybe 3-0 with USD at home; so 6-5 or 7-4 ... could catch SDSU in conference race

7. YSU (3-5, 1-4) ... @ ISUb, @ SIU, MoST .. could go 3-0 to finish 6-5 and 4-4; as 6-5 goes in MVFC, very impressive .. just 1 bad loss, and almost every team has 1 or 2 weak losses

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2017, 03:05 PM

I am well aware of ACU's history in D2. I am also well aware that your best record so far in FCS is 6-6 in 2017. I get ACU could become something. But right now you are like Ga Southern. Lots of history at your previous level, and things are trending downward at the new level. Now what other SLC teams should I learn about history of? HBU has had a program since what 2013. Incarnate Word since 2009. Lamar restarted the program in 2010. Aside from 1 8-4 season out of Lamar none have anything that is considered a good season.

The top of the SLC with SHSU, UCA, and Nicholls (maybe McNesse) can compete with anyone, and will probably make some noise in the playoffs. But no one can deny how bad the conference as a whole is due to the bottom of it. I know the majority of SLC fans are in agreement that you need either more teams to separate out East and West. Or just go back to 8 game conference schedule since you cannot play every team as is anyway. The massive in breeding in only playing conference games does not help your profile as a whole. Teams don't have a chance to prove themselves OOC.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2017, 03:08 PM
Here is more abbreviated format I stole from anouther poster, and then added next 3 teams .. the final 3 weeks for top 4 in MVFC is going to be a serious grind.

1. NDSU (8-0, 5-0) .. @ SDSU, USD, @ ISUr .. 2 road games, and USD wanting to prove something

2. USD (7-1, 4-1) ... @ UNI, @ NDSU, SDSU .. 2 road games, and a resurgent SDSU offense

3. ISUr (6-2, 4-1) ... WIU, @ SDSU, NDSU ... only need 1 win for 7-4 record and playoff

4. SDSU (6-2, 3-2) ... NDSU, ISUr, @ USD ... only need 1 win for 7-4 record and playoff

then remaining SOS lightens up a lot for next 3 teams - with obvious inference being the teams below already played toughest part of schedule .. which is maybe why they are below ... for now:

5. WIU (5-3, 2-3) ... @ ISUr, @ ISUb, SIU .. could easily go 2-1, so 7-4 and playoffs is realistic

6. UNI (4-4, 3-2) ... USD, @ MoST, ISUb .. could easily go 2-1, maybe 3-0 with USD at home; so 6-5 or 7-4 ... could catch SDSU in conference race

7. YSU (3-5, 1-4) ... @ ISUb, @ SIU, MoST .. could go 3-0 to finish 6-5 and 4-4; as 6-5 goes in MVFC, very impressive .. just 1 bad loss, and almost every team has 1 or 2 weak losses
I think YSU is done... they wouldn't have the multiple quality wins at 6-5 that '15 WIU and '16 ISUr did. SIU still has a chance though. They get MSU and YSU over the next two weeks before finishing with WIU and if they win all 3, as unlikely as that is, they'll be in at 7-4. So there is a scenario that's really out there where the MVFC could get 7 teams. Seems to me 5 is most likely though, then 4, then 6, then 7 (in terms of likelihood).

Bison56
November 2nd, 2017, 03:10 PM
Some people are just so sensitive.

kalm
November 2nd, 2017, 03:16 PM

S

--

Overall Breakdown:

--

Here's what to watch for if your team is sort of teetering on the edge and you're looking for spots to open up. NAU is a team to watch for a few reasons -- they have the toughest remaining schedule of the competitors in the Big Sky, and have a big non-conference win over ISU-r. I project them to close 2-1, but if they close 1-2 or worse, things get real interesting out there since it may bring Montana or Montana State into the picture. I think you have to watch everyone in the CAA beyond JMU. Towson just beat Delaware, so if Elon loses there they could be in trouble. Stony Brook has a rivalry game against Albany they need to find a win to tie up their spot. UNH hasn't won in Williamsburg in years and hosts Elon, so again, they should be in those games but they're coinflips. Villanova and Richmond can crawl back in by winning out, and Delaware could be in the same spot against Maine and 'Nova. It's all the odds there. The MVFC is super interesting. Any of SDSU, SD and ISU-R could lose out and find themselves out of the playoffs with those schedules. I have them all in right now, but I sort of think SDSU vs SD will be a play in game. The SoCON is in a tough spot. There are going to be a large number of 8 DI win teams in my opinion, and WCU and Samford/Furman may have a hard time getting there. Don't know if anyone outside of the MVFC is getting in without 8 DI wins this year based on the quality of the bubble. The Southland Conference is also interesting because of the teams who could get 8 DI wins. McNeese may get there without beating a single team of note.

SAC State can still get to 7-4. They have a quality win against SUU and their 3 remaining games are very winnable.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 03:19 PM
I know you're new here, but it would be helpful if you quote the poster you are responding to like the UNI guy. I think I found his post you are referring to and I can understand how you might not really enjoy reading comments about how bad the Southland is. But he has a point with Sammy finishing the schedule with you guys and the only two teams you beat. It's tough for us and the committee to see if Sammy is a worthy seed when they only have and will have one very bubbly potential playoff win all season. Also, his point of playing weaker competition before the playoffs is not always a great recipe when things are going to get a lot tougher in the playoffs. ACU is their toughest competition to finish the season and you guys are keeping games respectable, but I don't see you guys being much of a struggle for the Bearkats. And believe me, I hope I'm wrong. The rest of the nation would love to see you guys knock them off.

Yeah, my newness has me still learning this thread's functions. Yes, it was UNIFanSince1983's post. Half of my posts didn't make it through to the forum because I am still under the 10 post rule. As much as I would love to play spoiler with SHSU, I highly doubt it. My point isn't for or against SHSU's SoS and playoffs per say but you can make that point without snide remarks. If you do, you are open to get trashed and you don't have to be king of the hill to trash back. It is not an accurate comparison to talk about teams transitioning and "bad" teams. IF SHSU beefed up their defense they will have a better shot in the post season. I am new to the FCS conferences, but I won't go trashing teams I don't know to make a point. I'll leave your, and his, point to "weak" teams alone. That is between you big boys ;)

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 03:21 PM

Yeah, my newness has me still learning this thread's functions. Yes, it was UNIFanSince1983's post. Half of my posts didn't make it through to the forum because I am still under the 10 post rule. As much as I would love to play spoiler with SHSU, I highly doubt it. My point isn't for or against SHSU's SoS and playoffs per say but you can make that point without snide remarks. If you do, you are open to get trashed and you don't have to be king of the hill to trash back. It is not an accurate comparison to talk about teams transitioning and "bad" teams. IF SHSU beefed up their defense they will have a better shot in the post season. I am new to the FCS conferences, but I won't go trashing teams I don't know to make a point. I'll leave your, and his, point to "weak" teams alone. That is between you big boys ;) I'll say more when I know more.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 03:23 PM

Yeah, my newness has me still learning this thread's functions. Yes, it was UNIFanSince1983's post. Half of my posts didn't make it through to the forum because I am still under the 10 post rule. As much as I would love to play spoiler with SHSU, I highly doubt it. My point isn't for or against SHSU's SoS and playoffs per say but you can make that point without snide remarks. If you do, you are open to get trashed and you don't have to be king of the hill to trash back. It is not an accurate comparison to talk about teams transitioning and "bad" teams. IF SHSU beefed up their defense they will have a better shot in the post season. I am new to the FCS conferences, but I won't go trashing teams I don't know to make a point. I'll leave your, and his, point to "weak" teams alone. That is between you big boys ;) Will post more about others when I actually know more about them.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 03:24 PM

Yeah, my newness has me still learning this thread's functions. Yes, it was UNIFanSince1983's post. Half of my posts didn't make it through to the forum because I am still under the 10 post rule. As much as I would love to play spoiler with SHSU, I highly doubt it. My point isn't for or against SHSU's SoS and playoffs per say but you can make that point without snide remarks. If you do, you are open to get trashed and you don't have to be king of the hill to trash back. It is not an accurate comparison to talk about teams transitioning and "bad" teams. IF SHSU beefed up their defense they will have a better shot in the post season. I am new to the FCS conferences, but I won't go trashing teams I don't know to make a point. I'll leave your, and his, point to "weak" teams alone. That is between you big boys ;)

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 03:26 PM
I am well aware of ACU's history in D2. I am also well aware that your best record so far in FCS is 6-6 in 2017. I get ACU could become something. But right now you are like Ga Southern. Lots of history at your previous level, and things are trending downward at the new level. Now what other SLC teams should I learn about history of? HBU has had a program since what 2013. Incarnate Word since 2009. Lamar restarted the program in 2010. Aside from 1 8-4 season out of Lamar none have anything that is considered a good season.

The top of the SLC with SHSU, UCA, and Nicholls (maybe McNesse) can compete with anyone, and will probably make some noise in the playoffs. But no one can deny how bad the conference as a whole is due to the bottom of it. I know the majority of SLC fans are in agreement that you need either more teams to separate out East and West. Or just go back to 8 game conference schedule since you cannot play every team as is anyway. The massive in breeding in only playing conference games does not help your profile as a whole. Teams don't have a chance to prove themselves OOC.

Then don't go trashing...

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 03:27 PM
UNIFanSince1983 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?5557-UNIFanSince1983)

Then don't go trashing

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 03:35 PM

Are you aware of our history and records before the D2 level?

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 03:36 PM
UNIFanSince1983 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?5557-UNIFanSince1983)

Are you aware of our record and history before the D2 level?

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2017, 03:45 PM

Are you aware of our record and history before the D2 level?

First, how was a trashing? I said the bottom half of the SLC is bad this year. You cannot prove that wrong. ACU is currently 2-6. That is also a fact.

Now how does your record and history matter to this particular season? It does show me there is potential there to build something (NDSU had a great history in D2). Maybe this new coach is the guy to do it, but I am not going to crown you guys or call you something you aren't before it happens. ACU this particular season is a bad team.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
UNIFanSince1983...

1) "I mean left on SHSU schedule is IW, Abilene, and HBU. Those are guaranteed wins, but they are so bad it doesn't help them out"
2) "Something needs to change in the SLC. It is turning into the Sun Belt of the FCS just taking every team that wants to move up or start a team."

ACU is not just any team that is looking to move up. ACU was a founding member of the SLC. We have a long history of winning with wins over programs like Florida State, Texas State, University of North Texas and others. We were 6-6 going back in. yes we were trending downwards, but we are already moving back up and have played quite well. So you don't have a great care about the SLC, who cares. The teams in the SLC are quite tough and yes, having an East/West division with more FCS OOC games would help. You were still trashing. So yes, know your history and your teams better before making stupid remarks when trying to make a point...

katss07
November 2nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
First, how was a trashing? I said the bottom half of the SLC is bad this year. You cannot prove that wrong. ACU is currently 2-6. That is also a fact.

Now how does your record and history matter to this particular season? It does show me there is potential there to build something (NDSU had a great history in D2). Maybe this new coach is the guy to do it, but I am not going to crown you guys or call you something you aren't before it happens. ACU this particular season is a bad team.

The issue with the SLC in my opinion is the middle of the conference. Teams like SFA, McNeese, NWST. Compare the SLC's "middle of the pack" teams to the MVFC's middle teams. The MVFC's middle has teams like Youngstown, UNI and Western Illinois in it. Every conference has their verson of ACU and HBU. The Big Sky has Sac St, the MVFC has Missouri St, the SoCon has VMI. But the Southland has no depth. Aside from the top 3, the SLC is weak. And untill SFA, McNeese and ACU get good, the conf will continue to be weak.

Bison56
November 2nd, 2017, 04:05 PM
UNIFanSince1983...

1) "I mean left on SHSU schedule is IW, Abilene, and HBU. Those are guaranteed wins, but they are so bad it doesn't help them out"
2) "Something needs to change in the SLC. It is turning into the Sun Belt of the FCS just taking every team that wants to move up or start a team."

ACU is not just any team that is looking to move up. ACU was a founding member of the SLC. We have a long history of winning with wins over programs like Florida State, Texas State, University of North Texas and others. We were 6-6 going back in. yes we were trending downwards, but we are already moving back up and have played quite well. So you don't have a great care about the SLC, who cares. The teams in the SLC are quite tough and yes, having an East/West division with more FCS OOC games would help. You were still trashing. So yes, know your history and your teams better before making stupid remarks when trying to make a point...

xbabycryx

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 04:07 PM
"ACU this particular season is a bad team."

Says who, you???

You still have to consider the SLC may actually be a conference where the teams beat each other up pretty well, but then you would actually have to give someone else credit first...

No, we aren't a great team. We are competing quite well in our first full year back in D1 play after transition and will continue to play hard football like we have since the early 1900's . When you actually play us and win... then you can say something.

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2017, 04:09 PM
UNIFanSince1983...

Did you just bring up a win from 1954 as relevant to your current team?

Outsider1
xbabycryx

You too "FCS expert" LOL..........

Redbird 4th & short
I think YSU is done... they wouldn't have the multiple quality wins at 6-5 that '15 WIU and '16 ISUr did. SIU still has a chance though. They get MSU and YSU over the next two weeks before finishing with WIU and if they win all 3, as unlikely as that is, they'll be in at 7-4. So there is a scenario that's really out there where the MVFC could get 7 teams. Seems to me 5 is most likely though, then 4, then 6, then 7 (in terms of likelihood).
good point on SIU .. but I pulled them without thinking about it since their QB is out and they got trashed without him. Thinking they will struggle all 3 games without Straub: MoST at home, YSU at home, WIU on road. If Straub were playing, then agree they would be in the hunt .. though 3-0 is a stretch even with Straub.

As for MVFC getting 6 versus 4 .. I put it at better than 50/50. Looking at schedule, there is good probability that SDSU, ISUr, and WIU all have 7 or more wins .. so with NDSU (8 wins) and USD (7 wins) being locks, so I would call that a pretty likely 5 in. So then it comes down to UNI .... 1st up is UNI hosting USD, if they can win at home, that gives them high probability to get 7 wins because they finish at MoST and home against ISUb .. though MoST looks like a trap game.

So chances of MVFC getting 6 teams rides largely on this week's UNI vs USD game. All other games point to more likely than not. So chance of 6 vs 4 teams seems close to 50/50 or better.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 04:10 PM
Did you just bring up a win from 1954 as relevant to your current team?

No, it was relevant to the "just anyone" comment that was also irrelevant to the current team.

katss07
November 2nd, 2017, 04:24 PM
I have respect for what ACU has done, program wise and in the past. Bottom line is: They stink. I think they could be a team on the rise, but they stink and will stink for the next 3 years minimum. And no, the SLC is not a conference where the teams beat up on each other. We have HBU in our conference, therefore that is not possible.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2017, 04:35 PM
The SLC actually did decent OOC against the FCS this year. 6-4 by my count (although the majority of those wins came against SWAC teams). The problem is when, on average, your conference plays less than 1 game per team OOC against FCS schools each year. Last year there was only 6(!) OOC games against FCS teams in the entire 11 team SLC.

The 9 game conference schedule has done more to hurt the SLC than adding programs like HBU and IW has in my opinion (although you could argue that adding programs like HBU and IW led to the 9 game conference schedule). Adding that extra OOC game (presumably against an FCS team) would go a long ways towards allowing the upper echelon SLC teams to show what they're made of.

katss07
November 2nd, 2017, 04:39 PM
The SLC actually did decent OOC against the FCS this year. 6-4 by my count (although the majority of those wins came against SWAC teams). The problem is when, on average, your conference plays less than 1 game per team OOC against FCS schools each year. Last year there was only 6(!) OOC games against FCS teams in the entire 11 team SLC.

The 9 game conference schedule has done more to hurt the SLC than adding programs like HBU and IW has in my opinion (although you could argue that adding programs like HBU and IW led to the 9 game conference schedule). Adding that extra OOC game (presumably against an FCS team) would go a long ways towards allowing the upper echelon SLC teams to show what they're made of.

It only works if you schedule big games. The 9 game schedule does hurt, but if you play teams like Richmond in OOC, then it can help you. But if you play teams like Oklahoma Panhandle A&M, it doesn't work.

Bison56
November 2nd, 2017, 04:41 PM

Won't be long and you will be one also!xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 04:43 PM

Wow man. If you want to come swinging, that is fine, but understand this, your opinions will be challenged and if you cannot back them up with facts instead of opinions, you will get, in your opinion "trashed".

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 04:44 PM
I have respect for what ACU has done, program wise and in the past. Bottom line is: They stink. I think they could be a team on the rise, but they stink and will stink for the next 3 years minimum. And no, the SLC is not a conference where the teams beat up on each other. We have HBU in our conference, therefore that is not possible.

The difference between we stink now and we are just anyone is big. I still won't accept a just anyone comment from some loser who doesn't know us. HBU will possibly have their day some day. They are a start up program. I will give credit where credit is due to SHSU, UCA, McNeese, Nicholls, SLU, SFA and NWST. Every conference has their top and bottom in all divisions. Few are truly stacked all the way. Anyway, this has gotten way off topic for this particular thread, but if a loser wants to bash us then he needs to beat us first. This year and UNI probably would; doesn't mean I won't speak up. When UNI wants to go beat Clemson, then they can talk like they are, but they won't because they don't have the resources/capacity to do so at this particular time. That has zero to do with UNI not having a good team and it doesn't make UNI "just anyone"...

Professor Chaos
It only works if you schedule big games. The 9 game schedule does hurt, but if you play teams like Richmond in OOC, then it can help you. But if you play teams like Oklahoma Panhandle A&M, it doesn't work.
Agreed and when your OOC scheduling priorities, like for most schools, are; 1) get an FBS money game 2) get home games that doesn't leave much wiggle room for good FCS OOC home/home agreements.

Outsider1
Wow man. If you want to come swinging, that is fine, but understand this, your opinions will be challenged and if you cannot back them up with facts instead of opinions, you will get, in your opinion "trashed".

LOL, yep, and maybe, in time I will.. lol.....

gofurman
November 2nd, 2017, 04:45 PM
For someone who doesn't know how it all works sure seems to do a lot of crying about Furman not being in the bracket.

Oh, I know - notice I had it all correct??

Like a good attorney, I ask questions I know the answer to. What I am doing is just making SURE there isn't an exception clause.

The only exception is 'sometimes' the MEAC does send a team if there second team is good enough. Furman played SC State in 2013 in the playoffs.

I am very aware of all the rules. just thought I would ask - better to be double sure than mistaken. that's all

Bison56
November 2nd, 2017, 04:47 PM
Oh, I know - notice I had it all correct??

Like a good attorney, I ask questions I know the answer to. What I am doing is just making SURE there isn't an exception clause.

The only exception is 'sometimes' the MEAC does send a team if there second team is good enough. Furman played SC State in 2013 in the playoffs.

I am very aware of all the rules. just thought I would ask - better to be double sure than mistaken. that's all

Ok I understand now. xthumbsupx

katss07
November 2nd, 2017, 04:47 PM
The difference between we stink now and we are just anyone is big. I still won't accept a just anyone comment from some loser who doesn't know us. HBU will possibly have their day some day. They are a start up program. I will give credit where credit is due to SHSU, UCA, McNeese, Nicholls, SLU, SFA and NWST. Every conference has their top and bottom in all divisions. Few are truly stacked all the way. Anyway, this has gotten way off topic for this particular thread, but if a loser wants to bash us then he needs to beat us first. This year and UNI probably would; doesn't mean I won't speak up. When UNI wants to go beat Clemson, then they can talk like they are, but they won't because they don't have the resources/capacity to do so at this particular time. That has zero to do with UNI not having a good team and it doesn't make UNI "just anyone"...

I wouldn't start calling people losers, especially since you are an ACU fan. And why are we talking about UNI playing Clemson?

Bison56
November 2nd, 2017, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't start calling people losers, especially since you are an ACU fan. And why are we talking about UNI playing Clemson?

Some people don't take criticism well.

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 04:49 PM
Won't be long and you will be one also!xthumbsupx

I actually like this one ;) Why doesn't this forum have a simple like button??

KPSUL
November 2nd, 2017, 04:50 PM
LOL, yep, and maybe, in time I will.. lol.....

Has anyone ever told you that you LOL too often?

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 04:51 PM

Oh, I can call anyone a loser and the Clemson comment was about making proper comparisons... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, usually they say I am too serious.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 04:53 PM
Oh, I can call anyone a loser and the Clemson comment was about making proper comparisons... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, usually they say I am too serious.

https://i.imgur.com/9ZOgqGO.png

Outsider1
November 2nd, 2017, 07:00 PM
I'm not trolling, just saying UNIfan went too far in his SoS argument. That isn't crying like some may think. It is about when you call an entire program who wasn't part of the discussion to begin with bottom of the barrel verses saying team A, who hasn't been doing well lately...., then you deserve to be called on it. I have no issues with Bison56 having fun with it or others carefully measuring my comments. I gave evidence of my trash talk back to the larger issue of the bottom of the barrel comment, not on the bad couple of seasons issue. ACU is very used to the kind of talk the SLC has received because our last conference was known for a lot of the same style of play that always hurt us in the post season when we played teams that new how to slow that down. We are changing that ... and that change doesn't come easy.

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2017, 07:51 PM
Good chance Lauletta & company put Nova out of their misery.

tough game to pick for me

ElCid
November 2nd, 2017, 07:53 PM

Maybe he is a happy guy.

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2017, 11:22 PM
This is the bracket based off of the AGS Poll:

Duquesne
James Madison

Delaware

Furman
Wofford

Illinois St

Monmouth
Central Arkansas

Stony Brook

Weber St
South Dakota

South Dakota St

Southern Utah
Jacksonville St

Samford

San Diego
Sam Houston St

Northern Ariz

Western Illinois
Elon

Western Carolina

Colgate
North Dakota St

Eastern Washington

Autos
At larges

First four out
Villanova

Big Sky
Northern Ariz
Southern Utah
Eastern Wash
Weber St

Northern Iowa

Big South
Monmouth

McNeese St

CAA
James Madison
Elon
Stony Brook
Delaware

Nicholls St

MVFC
North Dakota St
South Dakota
South Dakota St
Illinois St
Western Illinois

NEC
Duquesne

Next four out
New Hampshire

OVC
Jacksonville St

Kennesaw St

Patroit
Colgate

Richmond

Pioneer
San Diego

Montana

Southern
Wofford
Furman
Samford
Western Carolina

Southland
Central Arkansas
Sam Houston St

Given the committee's top 8 was spot on with the AGS poll. I think this bracket would be really close to where things sit today.

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2017, 07:56 AM
Given the committee's top 8 was spot on with the AGS poll. I think this bracket would be really close to where things sit today.
Have I mentioned what a big fan I am right now of NDSU getting the #2 seed? :D

Gangtackle11
November 3rd, 2017, 08:04 AM
Have I mentioned what a big fan I am right now of NDSU getting the #2 seed? :D

More than likely the committee doesn’t use computer rankings like Sagarin & Massey for their go to SOS analysis to determine the seeds.

When you do that there is a strong argument for undefeated JMU being #1. That said JMU/NDSU final would be a great championship game.

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2017, 08:34 AM
More than likely the committee doesn’t use computer rankings like Sagarin & Massey for their go to SOS analysis to determine the seeds.

When you do that there is a strong argument for undefeated JMU being #1. That said JMU/NDSU final would be a great championship game.
Like I said given the makeup of that bracket I'm all for JMU being #1 and NDSU being #2.

BNATION
November 3rd, 2017, 09:15 AM
SLU has a history of winning, and McNeese has a great football winning tradition. The SLC has had some down years but most of the time there are 5-6 very solid teams. SFA has reached the Championship game and have been a very good program. Not many conferences have 8 great teams every year. All of the conferences have 3-4 dogs.

CockyGeek
November 3rd, 2017, 02:23 PM
Southern Utah. Hmmm

Schism55
November 3rd, 2017, 03:52 PM
SLU has a history of winning, and McNeese has a great football winning tradition. The SLC has had some down years but most of the time there are 5-6 very solid teams. SFA has reached the Championship game and have been a very good program. Not many conferences have 8 great teams every year. All of the conferences have 3-4 dogs.
Wrong.