View Full Version : All-American OT and All-CAA WR Out for the Season

smallcollegefbfan
October 31st, 2017, 10:48 AM
Stony Brook OT Timon Parris has suffered a fibula fracture and is now out for the season.

W&M WR De'Vonte Dedmon is going to redshirt due to the broken wrist he suffered against Virginia.

They join a long list of FCS All-Americans who will not be playing the rest of the year.

Add in UND S Cole Reyes, UND CB Deion Harris, NDSU DE Greg Menard, NAU WR Emmanuel Butler, Villanova S Rob Rolle, EWU DT Jay-Tee Tiuli, Delaware LB Charles Bell, JMU RB Cardon Johnson, and St Francis PA RB Marcus Bagley.

Seawolf97
October 31st, 2017, 02:44 PM
Really tough break for Timon the kid is a beast . Hopefully this doesn't set back his NFL chances.

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2017, 05:04 PM
All CAA first team linebacker Charles Bell went out in the fourth game of the year against James Madison we missed him

Gangtackle11
November 1st, 2017, 06:28 AM
Nova decimated by season ending injuries. 5 skill position starters on offense & preseason AA/CAA DPOY Safety Rob Rolle.

jmufan999
November 1st, 2017, 07:50 AM
didn't know this is how this thread was going to go, but JMU has plenty of season-ending injuries to starters:

RB Cardon Johnson
RT Tyree Chavious
RG Gerren Butler
TE Nick Carlton
CB Charles Tutt
LB Dimitri Holloway

Bisonator
November 1st, 2017, 08:53 AM
Been a weird year for sure. Wonder how much the cutting back of preseason workouts plays into this stuff. Seems like we are seeing way more season ending injuries in college and the NFL after shortening the practice regimen, coincidence?

jmufan999
November 1st, 2017, 10:32 AM
Been a weird year for sure. Wonder how much the cutting back of preseason workouts plays into this stuff. Seems like we are seeing way more season ending injuries in college and the NFL after shortening the practice regimen, coincidence?

maybe. I can't speak for other teams, but JMU had pretty good luck with injuries last year. there were a few big ones, but for the most part we were lucky on that front. think the law of averages is just catching up with us. NDSU and JMU are blessed with incredible depth.

smallcollegefbfan
November 2nd, 2017, 09:07 AM
Nova decimated by season ending injuries. 5 skill position starters on offense & preseason AA/CAA DPOY Safety Rob Rolle.

Yes added him in. About every couple hours it seems like I realize I needed to add another name to the list. It is a long one.

smallcollegefbfan
November 2nd, 2017, 09:10 AM

There are a lot. Ivy League has done a study on the effect of concussions with their new kickoff rule and while the stats are facts based on reported concussions and there being less kickoff returns I think their results don't really matter. Players don't get to practice or learn on how to fall without getting hurt. Many times schools are calling a concussion a migraine and thus any study that says the game is safer now is just not accurate. There are more season-ending injuries this year than I have ever seen before. I have talked with a lot of scouts and coaches about this and they know the truth is that season-ending injuries are on the rise.

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2017, 09:55 AM
There are a lot. Ivy League has done a study on the effect of concussions with the kickoff but that study is bull and so is anything that says holding back on preseason contact helps. Players don't get to practice or learn on how to fall without getting hurt. Many times schools are calling a concussion a migraine and thus any study that says the game is safer now is just not accurate. There are more season-ending injuries this year than I have ever seen before. I have talked with a lot of scouts and coaches about this and they know the truth is that season-ending injuries are on the rise.

Any particular speculative reason or is it all just a coincidence?

smallcollegefbfan
November 2nd, 2017, 10:04 AM
Any particular speculative reason or is it all just a coincidence?

I think the fact players aren't learning how to fall in the off-season combined with the fact their bodies aren't use to contact plus there are some new things strength staffs are doing and methods trainers use that I'm not sure are helping. Another factor could also be that players are having to adjust in ways that are not comfortable out of fear of getting a targeting call and then they land wrong.