PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 10

carney2
October 28th, 2017, 06:43 PM
What an incredible week that was. Three Patriot League teams recorded victories on the same day. A holiday has been declared in Center Valley.

LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
LAFAYETTE @ GEORGETOWN

Bye: COLGATE

Game of the Week: Lehigh @ Bucknell – In a who-gives-a-crap spin the Milk-Bone session refereed by my faithful basset hound, this was determined to be the Best of the Mess. Can the Squawks lose again to send the trophy north to its rightful owner? Since the stands in Buffalo will be empty (they always are), we need a volunteer to report the score. Inquiring minds want to know: Do they bother to open even one concession stand at a Bucky football game?

van
October 28th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Do they bother to open even one concession stand at a Bucky football game?

yes, they will definitely be selling basketball souvenirs

CHIP72
October 28th, 2017, 07:08 PM
yes, they will definitely be selling basketball souvenirs

And considering the name of the stadium, baseball souvenirs too.

citdog
October 28th, 2017, 07:13 PM
le high 2-6 lol

Sader87
October 28th, 2017, 07:34 PM
le high 2-6 lol

And given the rest of their schedule, odds on favorites to win the league....very apt this year.

bonarae
October 28th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Lafayette

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

ngineer
October 28th, 2017, 11:42 PM
At this moment I cannot pick Lehigh to win next week. With the sad sack performance today in the Bronx, I think Bucknell may well have their highest scoring day of the season. Oh, we'll get over 500 yards of offense which will make somebody feel good about our national "offensive rankings". It's wins that matter. Stats are for losers and Lehigh, right now looks like a loser. Will they get their heads screwed on right? I doubt there will be 2,000 in the stands--although I hear that it may be Homecoming in Lewisburg, so they may have some captive bodies due some fluff halftime stuff. I defer until Thursday.

Fordham should have a field day with the Crusaders. 45-14

Lafayette will gain some more confidence by 'drubbing' the Hoyas, 13-10.

What a pathetic season for the league.

Lehigh'98
October 29th, 2017, 05:17 AM
le high 2-6 lol

We aren't as good as our record indicates.

ColgateTD
October 29th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Lehigh 17, Bucknell 14
Holy Cross 16, Fordham 10
Lafayette 24, Georgetown 7

Bonus Pick:
Salisbury 24, Williston Northampton 17

LUHawker
October 29th, 2017, 01:40 PM
le high 2-6 lol

Wow, you still get yourself amused at the tired, old le high reference. BTW, I visited the Citadel this summer while in Charleston. Now I see why you are joyless; if I had to spend 4 years in that cold, monolithic place, I'd be pretty down myself.

LehighU11
October 29th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Lehigh 17, Bucknell 14

Hahaha...Lehigh couldn't hold Lewisburg High School to 4 TDs at Christy Mathewson Stadium. Bucknell will put up at least 35 on the Mountain Hawks, just like every other team to date. LU has allowed 450+ yards to every opponent but Georgetown, who managed 395. The Hoyas are also the only team to fail to run for at least 220 against LU.

Looks like Bucky's first-string RB DeFloria has been out due to injury the past two games. He ran for 119 and a score agains LU last year. But fear not Bison football fans (do they exist?) and Colgate fans hoping for 1 more Lehigh hiccup, his backup and current replacement, Freshnock, went for 72 and a TD last year as a freshman. Like all of the other backup RBs that have had FCS Offensive POTW-caliber performances against LU this year, expect Freshnock to run for no less than 150 yards and 2 scores. As Killabee would advise, bet the house. Fordham's 4th-stringer (no joke) ran for 297 and 3 TDs yesterday.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Hahaha...Lehigh couldn't hold Lewisburg High School to 4 TDs at Christy Mathewson Stadium. Bucknell will put up at least 35 on the Mountain Hawks, just like every other team to date. LU has allowed 450+ yards to every opponent but Georgetown, who managed 395. The Hoyas are also the only team to fail to run for at least 220 against LU.

Looks like Bucky's first-string RB DeFloria has been out due to injury the past two games. He ran for 119 and a score agains LU last year. But fear not Bison football fans (do they exist?) and Colgate fans hoping for 1 more Lehigh hiccup, his backup and current replacement, Freshnock, went for 72 and a TD last year as a freshman. Like all of the other backup RBs that have had FCS Offensive POTW-caliber performances against LU this year, expect Freshnock to run for no less than 150 yards and 2 scores. As Killabee would advise, bet the house. Fordham's 4th-stringer (no joke) ran for 297 and 3 TDs yesterday.

I was thinking he same thing! Southern Columbia HS (near Bucknell) could put up 250 yards rushing against this Lehigh D. This is the worst defense ever in the PL. Bucknell will easily score 27+...

BucBisonAtLarge
October 30th, 2017, 04:50 PM
32-11

Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown

Going with the home teams. (Hey, it is a system, kinda. What you got?)

TheValleyRaider
October 30th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Only 1-2 last week, but got the one I wanted. Oh, and Lehigh lost too, that was helpful. 30-17 for the season, not great, but down the stretch we come.

Lehigh at Bucknell Lehigh If the Hawks are going to drop a second one, this might be it. At least, I would feel more confident in that if I hadn't just seen Colgate run the Bison out of Hamilton. Lewisburg can be a tough trip, but Lehigh has only lost once there since 1997. Bucknell moves the ball a bit better against Lehigh's D, but can they really score enough to keep up? The cynic in me says no.

Holy Cross at Fordham Fordham We finally found the Ram team we expected back in August. Or at least, we found a Ram team that could beat the League's frontrunner. How we got there is another story, but enough of that for now. Can Fordham run the streak to 3 in a row by getting their 7th straight against the Crusaders? Still hard to buy Holy Cross even if they did just grab another win.

Lafayette at Georgetown Lafayette Lafayette-Bucknell from a week ago was just a preview. Immovable forces meet to see just how important punting can be. Both defenses have looked solid, which really only makes the potential carnage worse. As the Leopards theoretically maintain League title hopes, I suspect they have enough motivational edge to find some points. It might be safeties and field goals, but just remember, someone can only win if they actually score.

carney2
October 30th, 2017, 06:51 PM
LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL – Lehigh can score. Bucknell can’t. Bucky plays defense. The Squawks don’t. … My head hurts.

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM – Home team wins. Does anyone care?

LAFAYETTE @ GEORGETOWN – This is a choice?!!

Roll 'gate
October 30th, 2017, 07:05 PM
New to it all .. but better late than never!

Lehigh @ Bucknell - Bucknell defense feasted on inferior offenses in previous games leading up to last weeks thrashing by Colgate. Even the fact that Lehigh's defense may give up 40 points, I don't see Bucknell pulling this one out short of a couple pick 6's and a performance similar to last week by Lehigh. Will brown shoot themselves in the foot two weeks in a row?

Holy Cross @ Fordham - Fordham used Lehigh as a get right game. The healthy starters and backups seem to be gaining confidence and are far from packing it in. Fordham uses last weeks success to put it on a stumbling, bumbling Holy Cross team.

Lafayette @ Georgetown - Can the bye week somehow be named the winner in this one? Lafayette wins a absolute shootout ... 10-6. Will be surprised if more than 1 offensive touchdown is scored between the two teams.

citdog
October 30th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Wow, you still get yourself amused at the tired, old le high reference. BTW, I visited the Citadel this summer while in Charleston. Now I see why you are joyless; if I had to spend 4 years in that cold, monolithic place, I'd be pretty down myself.

There ain't NOTHING cold about Charleston in the summer. Thanks for visiting and then LEAVING!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2017, 09:06 PM
There ain't NOTHING cold about Charleston in the summer. Thanks for visiting and then LEAVING!

Touchdown, Samford!

citdog
October 30th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Touchdown, Samford!

2-6

CHIP72
October 30th, 2017, 10:40 PM

It's good to know they only have warm beer in Charleston.

citdog
October 31st, 2017, 12:15 AM
It's good to know they only have warm beer in Charleston.

Real men drink bourbon. Neat

DFW HOYA
October 31st, 2017, 05:00 AM

220 seems a long way away. The last game of 220 or more yards rushing was three years ago.

The team high is 114 this season, and during the seven game losing streak Lehigh was the only game the team has rushed for more than 45 yards.

LUHawker
October 31st, 2017, 09:17 AM
There ain't NOTHING cold about Charleston in the summer.

Your comprehension skills apparently aren't so hot. Notice how I'm not referring to temperature?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 09:37 AM
Your comprehension skills apparently aren't so hot. Notice how I'm not referring to temperature?

App State is hot, hot, hot

- - - Updated - - -

220 seems a long way away. The last game of 220 or more yards rushing was three years ago.

The team high is 114 this season, and during the seven game losing streak Lehigh was the only game the team has rushed for more than 45 yards.

This speaks volumes.

RichH2
October 31st, 2017, 10:17 AM

- - - Updated - - -

This speaks volumes.

Unfortunately it does.

RichH2
October 31st, 2017, 10:17 AM

- - - Updated - - -

This speaks volumes.

Unfortunately it does.

World
October 31st, 2017, 11:04 AM
Do I remember correctly that in case of ties for the Patriot League first place, the team that has had the longest period of not attending the playoffs would win the tie breaker and hence go to the FCS playoffs?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 11:13 AM
The current state of the Patriot League in one graphic:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNaju-SVwAATmMa.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 11:15 AM
Do I remember correctly that in case of ties for the Patriot League first place, the team that has had the longest period of not attending the playoffs would win the tie breaker and hence go to the FCS playoffs?

It would mercifully not come down to that. It would come down to a vote of all Patriot League athletic directors not involved in the tie.

Unsaid is if all 7 teams end up at 3-3 whether Army, Navy, Loyola and American would pick the representative.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2017, 11:33 AM

I believe Bye gets the automatic bid in such a scenario. : )

RichH2
October 31st, 2017, 11:44 AM

I would go with Bye :)

LehighU11
October 31st, 2017, 12:01 PM

A 1-0 defeat to a CAA or NEC foe would be respectable for the League this year.

That's the only way the sorry Patriot League champion of 2017 will hold an opponent to 1 point. Unfortunately, the majority of our possible champions would also be likely to put up 0.

Sader87
October 31st, 2017, 12:09 PM

That is fabulous and not altogether out of the realm of possibility....though I don't see the Pards or the Hoyas beating the Red Raidahs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2017, 01:02 PM
I must be a glutton for punishment as I'm still considering going out to Lewisburg for game. Ugh....

Go...gate
October 31st, 2017, 01:21 PM
I must be a glutton for punishment as I'm still considering going out to Lewisburg for game. Ugh....

Go for it. You have a chance to win a championship.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2017, 01:43 PM
Go for it. You have a chance to win a championship.

LOL....I could careless about that at this point. They stink! I just like the campus and the drive out there. I was hoping to play BU's Golf Course in the morning then hit up the game but I think it's going to be too cold in the morning to play....

LU73
October 31st, 2017, 01:44 PM

It is what a fan does!

PAllen
October 31st, 2017, 02:21 PM

Bye would do no worse than whoever we do end up sending.

PAllen
October 31st, 2017, 02:24 PM
LOL....I could careless about that at this point. They stink! I just like the campus and the drive out there. I was hoping to play BU's Golf Course in the morning then hit up the game but I think it's going to be too cold in the morning to play....

Ah yes, a perfect illustration of how far PL football has fallen. A trip out to Lewisburg on a Saturday in November with Lehigh playing at Bucknell with a chance at a league championship and a playoff bid on the line. In today's world, the trip is to play a round of golf and maybe catch some of the game afterwards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2017, 02:33 PM
Ah yes, a perfect illustration of how far PL football has fallen. A trip out to Lewisburg on a Saturday in November with Lehigh playing at Bucknell with a chance at a league championship and a playoff bid on the line. In today's world, the trip is to play a round of golf and maybe catch some of the game afterwards.

Priorities PA! Priorities! xlolx

PAllen
October 31st, 2017, 03:21 PM
Priorities PA! Priorities! xlolx

Not accusatory at all. Just a sad statement on PL football. Heck, I have trouble not finding a reason to avoid even logging in to check the score on Saturday afternoons when I'm here.

CHIP72
October 31st, 2017, 04:25 PM

And if the Patriot League didn't, the team that would get selected would go Bye-Bye really quick in the playoffs.

Neighbor2
October 31st, 2017, 04:28 PM
You know . . .

Lehigh football (been attending since 1963) and the rest of the Patriot League football members deserve MUCH better than the league-wide effort they are receiving right now. What a shame. Here we have intelligent athletes who can handle a sophisticated playbook, have above average facilities, and a legacy that transcends most every other current FCS member school. Yet, we have the minimal 'junk effort' expended to have success at the level we CHOOSE to participate.

NO, doing all you need to do to become a national player at this level is not beneath you. It's just another part of the full college experience. Get it done!

This league is an embarrassment, likely due to some elitist attitude that believes our schools can't possibly be concerned about wins and losses. After all . . . we are students first. Well, good for you! Same can be said for Notre Dame, Stanford, Vanderbilt, and many other schools who somehow find a way to play at the top of their own game.

Be excellent in everything you do.

(how's that for a rant?)

ngineer
October 31st, 2017, 08:22 PM

You have too much time on your hands!

ngineer
October 31st, 2017, 08:26 PM

I know how you feel. I have been mulling the same thing. Basically committing my entire Saturday. Do I make the effort if they aren't? What team shows up? 12 noon kickoff, so should leave by 9 a.m. to give enough time for traffic issues (PSU has a home game, I think) and getting something to eat. Game over around 3 p.m., home by 5:30 p.m. I dunno. As hardcore I am, I feel lousy that I feel like this.

van
October 31st, 2017, 08:41 PM
I know how you feel. I have been mulling the same thing. Basically committing my entire Saturday. Do I make the effort if they aren't? What team shows up? 12 noon kickoff, so should leave by 9 a.m. to give enough time for traffic issues (PSU has a home game, I think) and getting something to eat. Game over around 3 p.m., home by 5:30 p.m. I dunno. As hardcore I am, I feel lousy that I feel like this.

yeah, but King of Tailgates makes it worth while

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2017, 08:42 PM

I wish I could take credit! Someone over on RedditCFB made that graphic and I was happy to share.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2017, 08:47 PM

I believe the weekend might be a bit more temperate.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2017, 12:08 AM

PSU is at Michigan State so thankfully no PSU traffic! Bucknell is about 103 miles from my door but it's a nice drive as long as there's no craziness on I-80. BU is easily my favorite campus that I've been to in the PL. Plus, CMS is a great place to watch a game! I still remember the first time I went there in '89. There were still seats in the endzone and the place was in serious disrepair.

The 1991 game was fun too. Kempa put on a show! It was also the same day as #1 FSU vs #2 Miami and Notre Dame-PSU at Beaver Stadium. I can still picture two guys with an old portable TV on the top row of the stadium watching Wide Right I and giving everyone updates. Then on the way home I listened to ND get blown out by PSU.

Been out to BU a bunch and I think Lehigh's lost once iirc? 1997 in the pouring rain. Remember that well too....

Bluefish845
November 1st, 2017, 11:01 AM
Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown

the last indian
November 1st, 2017, 11:54 AM
a 3- way tie- that is a pure fantasy.

RichH2
November 1st, 2017, 12:43 PM
a 3- way tie- that is a pure fantasy.

This is the PL half of all we do is fantasy either good or bad :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2017, 01:08 PM
Colgate will safely finish 5-1, 7-4 overall and win the league outright. If they played better in the OOC they'd be in the running for an at-large bid imo.

Sader87
November 1st, 2017, 03:24 PM
Again, I just don't see Lehigh losing to any of that troika....like the board says: "any given..." but they are playing three pretty bad teams (all with different reasons) from here on out.

Also, I think it's well past time that the HC-Fordham game be the season-endah for both schools moving forward.

RichH2
November 1st, 2017, 03:44 PM
Again, I just don't see Lehigh losing to any of that troika....like the board says: "any given..." but they are playing three pretty bad teams (all with different reasons) from here on out.

Also, I think it's well past time that the HC-Fordham game be the season-endah for both schools moving forward.

Appreciate the sentiment but you havent seen our D. Yes we could win all 3 but just as possible we might not.

Colgate Raider Redux
November 1st, 2017, 04:02 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26399&stc=1
Again, I just don't see Lehigh losing to any of that troika....like the board says: "any given..." but they are playing three pretty bad teams (all with different reasons) from here on out..
H.C. ( Head Case ) and Lehigh, Nov. 11th is the game to watch. When the H.H.C. ( Head, Head Case ) Sader87 gives up on his team, it's time for contrarians to take out 3rd mortgages. I don't say this because I have a dog in this fight ( truth be told most serious 'gate fans are content licking their chops about next year despite being robbed. ) But, the ethereal forces that guided ( H.C. ) Head Case against New Hampshire and Dartmouth ( modified by a short term meteor shower at game's end ) will re-emerge, according to the only playbook proven reliable for H.C. this season.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2017, 04:46 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26399&stc=1
H.C. ( Head Case ) and Lehigh, Nov. 11th is the game to watch. When the H.H.C. ( Head Head Case ) Sader87 gives up on his team, it's time for contrarians to take out 3rd mortgages. I don't say this because I have a dog in this fight ( truth be told most serious 'gate fans are content licking their chops about next year despite being robbed. ) But, the ethereal forces that guided ( H.C. ) Head Case against New Hampshire and Dartmouth ( modified by a short term meteor shower at game's end ) will re-emerge, according to the only playbook proven reliable for H.C.. this season.

This makes about as much sense as anything else that's happened this season, and I agree it's a distinct possibility. Lehigh has this way of making backup running backs into Gale Sayers, and I could see a 250 yard, 300 yard running performance by whomever is the No. 1 RB for Holy Cross in that game.

van
November 1st, 2017, 05:41 PM
This makes about as much sense as anything else that's happened this season, and I agree it's a distinct possibility. Lehigh has this way of making backup running backs into Gale Sayers, and I could see a 250 yard, 300 yard running performance by whomever is the No. 1 RB for Holy Cross in that game.

we are safe if the #1 RB plays, now if a back up is inserted look out

CHIP72
November 1st, 2017, 06:45 PM
Colgate will safely finish 5-1, 7-4 overall and win the league outright. If they played better in the OOC they'd be in the running for an at-large bid imo.

Considering how the Patriot League as a whole has played this season, visions of the saying about aunts, uncles, and certain male body parts comes to mind with the bolded statement.

ngineer
November 1st, 2017, 08:11 PM
We learned today that Captain Jimmy Mitchell (DT) will miss rest of season with ACL tear suffered on Saturday. TE Paulson was negative for fractures, but suffered severe concussion is out definitely this week and maybe next, as well. WR Casey is "day to day" and WR Portorreal is likely able to play against Bucknell. We really need Casey back to take pressure off Pelletier who was double and triple teamed by Fordham. I expect to see more passes to Bragalone out of the backfield as well. He is a beast in the open field. Rarely taken down by single tackler. Interesting stat: 60 of Fordham's 65 playes average a bit over 3.0 yds. BUT the other 5 averaged 60! That and four turnovers (two deep in FU territory) and two creating short field) sealed our doom. Lehigh defense leads the PL on yards allowed on third down. It's the big 20+ plays that are killing us due to guys out of position on a particular play as well as some lousy tackling. Forecast for Lewisburg on Saturday is cool (upper 50's) and 10% chance of rain, so the offense should be ready to roll. How this team finishes will say alot on whether heads will be rolling November 20.

Go...gate
November 1st, 2017, 11:52 PM

I think Lehigh will win out and make the tournament field. But then, what to do with the coaching staff at that point? Fire the DC and retain Coen?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2017, 12:06 AM
Colgate could get into the at-large conversation at 7-4 with one potentially bad close loss (to Lehigh) and no real great wins. They'd be behind a whole lot of other 7-4 teams, though.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2017, 12:21 AM
If Lehigh is to run the table, they would be doing so without:

* Their two opening-day defensive captains
* Their starting WR2 and WR3
* Their opening-day starting TE
* Their opening-day staring CB and ROV
* One of their opening-day starting LBs

To put Lehigh's possible run in context

Lehigh'98
November 2nd, 2017, 03:45 AM
Colgate could get into the at-large conversation at 7-4 with one potentially bad close loss (to Lehigh) and no real great wins. They'd be behind a whole lot of other 7-4 teams, though.

No. The fact that 5 of their wins came against the Patriot League and sixth Cornell eliminates them from that discussion. As it should.

Roll 'gate
November 2nd, 2017, 06:42 AM
Colgate has zero chance for an at large. The only "quality" win at the time way back against cal poly who conveniently has lost every single game they've played this year. Only hopes at this point for 'gate to take care of business and win out while having Lehigh continue to stumble over their own feet and dropping another game to Bucky, HC, or Lafayette.

KillaBee
November 2nd, 2017, 06:50 AM
and then there Good Ole Lafayette............... Bet the house.........

LehighU11
November 2nd, 2017, 07:39 AM
Lehigh didn't get an at-large in 2012 when they went 10-1, albeit with a relatively weak OOC (Monmouth, CCSU, Princeton, Liberty, Columbia). The PL was 17-18 OOC that year, a far cry from this year's 8-27.

Colgate has no chance at 7-4 from an atrocious Patriot League with their two OOC wins against winless Cal Poly and Ivy middling-at-best Cornell. That's even before ignoring the fact that Furman slaughtered them up in Hamilton. If necessary, multiple 6-5 MVFC or CAA teams will make it in before 'gate.

Roll 'gate
November 2nd, 2017, 07:56 AM
It's obvious the PL is having a down year. Teams have them, conferences have them. Is it time to bring up that ever so popular argument of PL FB expansion?

Maybe that wakes up and invigorate a couple teams that have gotten comfortable picking on the lower tier of the league and battling each other for yearly championships ... all the sudden a possible at large bit isn't out of the questions for a quality scheduled (and win/lose) 2nd place team.

Roll 'gate
November 2nd, 2017, 07:57 AM
It's obvious the PL is having a down year. Teams have them, conferences have them. Is it time to bring up that ever so popular argument of PL FB expansion?

Maybe that wakes up and invigorate a couple teams that have gotten comfortable picking on the lower tier of the league and battling each other for yearly championships ... all the sudden a possible at large bit isn't out of the questions for a quality scheduled (and win/lose) 2nd place team.

- - - Updated - - -

NOT saying that ANY team this year fits this example though mind you!

DFW HOYA
November 2nd, 2017, 08:00 AM
It's obvious the PL is having a down year. Teams have them, conferences have them. Is it time to bring up that ever so popular argument of PL FB expansion.

There are no active candidates that want to play under the PL's rules.

RichH2
November 2nd, 2017, 08:37 AM
There are no active candidates that want to play under the PL's rules.

Geez there are a bunch of PL teams that dont want to either :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2017, 11:07 AM

I think my comment was taken completely out of context. If they played better in the OOC(beat either Richmond or Furman) and finished 8-3 i think they would have had a shot.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2017, 12:34 PM
Lehigh At Bucknell Game Preview: Injuries Force Youth Movement During Possible Championship Run

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/lehigh-at-bucknell-game-preview.html

ngineer
November 2nd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Geez there are a bunch of PL teams that dont want to either :)

+1

van
November 2nd, 2017, 08:35 PM
LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL, more of a hope than a confident pick

HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM, Cross seems to have imploded and Rams are improved

LAFAYETTE @ GEORGETOWN, Hoyas might get a pick 6 and steal one at home

27-20 on the year

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2017, 09:02 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what to expect this weekend. I'm leaning towards going out to the game but I can't help but think this isn't going to end well for Lehigh. Freshnock has to be licking his chops. Muh is starting at quarterback after Chiarolanzio has been a turnover machine in recent weeks.

Go...gate
November 3rd, 2017, 12:13 AM
Lehigh 22, Bucknell 17

Fordham 28. Holy Cross 23

Lafayette 20, Georgetown 13

Bonus Picks:

Pennsylvania 30, Princeton 27

Hun 33, Mercersburg 24

Roll 'gate
November 3rd, 2017, 09:37 AM
Lehigh 22, Bucknell 17

Fordham 28. Holy Cross 23

Lafayette 20, Georgetown 13

Bonus Picks:

Pennsylvania 30, Princeton 27

Hun 33, Mercersburg 24

Field Goals and Safeties making up that Lafayette v Georgetown score?

Bucknell's offense is gross I get it but Lehigh holding an opponent under 20?!?!

RichH2
November 3rd, 2017, 10:03 AM
Field Goals and Safeties making up that Lafayette v Georgetown score?

Bucknell's offense is gross I get it but Lehigh holding an opponent under 20?!?!

Well Bison averaging 3.3 pts per game vs PL so far :)

Roll 'gate
November 3rd, 2017, 10:24 AM
Well Bison averaging 3.3 pts per game vs PL so far :)

Going against a defense that averages giving up 45 pts per game on the season and 39.3 pts per game vs PL this year. Something has to give. Who/Where it gives is anyone's guess.

carney2
November 3rd, 2017, 11:20 AM
The Patriot League is a two bid conference only in some alternate universe. In fact, the autobid should be withdrawn by the NCAA.

van
November 3rd, 2017, 12:04 PM
Going against a defense that averages giving up 45 pts per game on the season and 39.3 pts per game vs PL this year. Something has to give. Who/Where it gives is anyone's guess.

really, you have to guess, don't see any guessing required here

LU73
November 3rd, 2017, 12:42 PM
Well, from the scores I see, Bucknell has scored 0 against HC, 13 against Lafayette, and 3 against Colgate. Remember, those two TD’s against Lafayette were by the defense.

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2017, 12:46 PM
Lehigh
Fordham
Lafayette

RichH2
November 3rd, 2017, 01:07 PM
Lehigh
Pards
Rams
With very little confidence in anyone this week.

Roll 'gate
November 3rd, 2017, 01:07 PM
Well, from the scores I see, Bucknell has scored 0 against HC, 13 against Lafayette, and 3 against Colgate. Remember, those two TD’s against Lafayette were by the defense.

That game this weekend will tell us if lehigh is truly a get right game for an offense or not. A Georgetown team that broke 16 pts ONCE before playing lehigh put their biggest number (35) of the year up against the brown birds, before returning to form and scoring 9 and 10 respectively after that. Just feels like theres no reason why Bucknell would buck this trend unless that team has truly just packed it in for the year which is totally possible.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2017, 01:18 PM
A lot of Colgate points last week were direct result of turnovers. Lehigh lost four turnovers--two that resulted in 10 Fordham points and two that denied Lehigh two TDs. That's a 24 point swing. If Lehigh has a clean game, they should win, but clean games have been hard to come by of late.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2017, 01:29 PM
OK. I'm biting the bullet and driving to Lewisburg tomorrow. The team can still be PL champs and needs the support. One of the nicest two hour drives I have ever done. Hopefully, we'll have a good showing out there as we have in the past when we have outdrawn the Bison in their own stadium.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2017, 01:33 PM
OK. I'm biting the bullet and driving to Lewisburg tomorrow. The team can still be PL champs and needs the support. One of the nicest two hour drives I have ever done. Hopefully, we'll have a good showing out there as we have in the past when we have outdrawn the Bison in their own stadium.

I'm committed (or should be committed xdrunkyx) to going out too! I haven't been out there since 2011 so it's time. Plus, I've only been to one Lehigh game this year, the first one. My football games this year have been Lehigh-'Nova, Notre Dame-Miami (OH) and Syracuse-Clemson.

RichH2
November 3rd, 2017, 02:15 PM
OK guys bring us a W on you way back.

KillaBee
November 3rd, 2017, 02:24 PM
OK guys bring us a W on you way back.

I DOUBT THAT!!!!!

PAllen
November 3rd, 2017, 02:43 PM

Yeah, but they haven't seen anything like our defense yet.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2017, 06:15 PM
Lehigh at Bucknell Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction: Will Homecoming Spell Doom Again For Lehigh?

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/lehigh-at-bucknell-game-breakdown-and.html

Leopard Loyalist
November 3rd, 2017, 11:15 PM
LEHIGH @ BUCKNELL
HOLY CROSS @ FORDHAM
LAFAYETTE @ GEORGETOWN

31-16 on the year. But who knows how to make predictions when mediocrity meets mediocrity?

BucBisonAtLarge
November 3rd, 2017, 11:29 PM
I am glad to see a bunch of you are headed to Lewisburg. My fraternity(SAE) is having its 125 year chapter anniversary during Homecoming and a bunch of my buddies will be back on campus. I will go cross-town the Lobos and the Utah State Aggies later in the day.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2017, 12:02 AM
Lehigh
Fordham
G'Town

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

Neighbor2
November 4th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Somehow . . . . woke-up this morning seeing a 3 touchdown Lehigh victory. Let's see how this plays out. Maybe I should have stayed in bed longer!

Doc QB
November 4th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Lehigh at Bucknell Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction: Will Homecoming Spell Doom Again For Lehigh?

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/lehigh-at-bucknell-game-breakdown-and.html

crap...just read LFNs fine preview, pregame before my sons football game at noon. We wont be seeing the Bucknell first team RB. We've had second, third, and even fourth teammers scorch us, a superstitious trend stamped in reality we need to see broken today.

on radio, casey and porrtoreal are suited and warming up. Gotta putpressure on Bucknell D by opening up playbook with being multiple attack.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2017, 10:50 AM
SS Kareem Montgomery and DL Julian Lynn out. Next on the depth chart: Quentin Jones at SS, Tre Neal taking over at CB, and Nace might end up with first start on DL.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2017, 11:15 AM
If this is Bucknell's gameplan today, I like Lehigh's chances

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNzPLHsXcAAGOu0.jpg:large

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Looks like a shootout in Central PA! Whoever #52 is for Lehigh should be playing LB not DT.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2017, 11:38 AM
This early 21-7 lead is exactly what Lehigh needed.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Wow, I was a little light picking Lehigh to only score 35 points against Bucknell

RichH2
November 4th, 2017, 11:55 AM
28-7 Lehigh. Only 1 big play given by D. 2 TOs for us 2 TDs.
Dont let up.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2017, 12:05 PM
How many yards would a 43 year old Rich Lemon rush for against this Lehigh D?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2017, 12:11 PM
This Bragalone kid might be pretty good

Lehigh'98
November 4th, 2017, 12:19 PM
How many yards would a 43 year old Rich Lemon rush for against this Lehigh D?

250+. Even if he is weighing in at 300 nowadays.

LehighU11
November 4th, 2017, 12:36 PM

Glad to see the LU D finally forcing some turnovers today. Worth noting that Freshnock has 166 yards and 2 TDs in the 1st half. Good thing Bragalone came to South Mountain rather just down Route 15 to Bucknell.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 01:01 PM
250+. Even if he is weighing in at 300 nowadays.

Sounds like Rich Lemon should be renamed Rich Watermelon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 01:07 PM
I just got to Multi-Sport Field, and this is by far the smallest crowd I’ve seen at a Georgetown football game. (This is the 5th time I’ve been here, 3 times for Lehigh and now the 2nd time for Lafayette.) The stands are probably half-full, and remember, Multi-Sport Field seats 2500 people.

RichH2
November 4th, 2017, 01:22 PM
42-14. TD to Casey . Followed by an INT by Walker at BU 2q. 4 takeaways for LU today.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Lafayette has missed 2 long field goals (41 & 43 yards) on their first 2 possessions. Still 0-0 in DC.

RichH2
November 4th, 2017, 01:51 PM
2nd team in. Timo at QB.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Lafayette had 2 defensive touchdowns negated, one by an offsides penalty, the other by an official’s ruling that a toss on a run sweep was a forward pass. Still 0-0 between Lafayette and Georgetown with under 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Lafayette strikes first, using a 25 yard play-action pass on 4th and a foot to set up an 11 yard TD catch. Leopards lead Georgetown 7-0.

RichH2
November 4th, 2017, 02:05 PM
42-21 BU scores vs 2s with about a minute left.

CFBfan
November 4th, 2017, 02:34 PM
42-21 BU scores vs 2s with about a minute left.

how do BU keep susan?? if sgarlata had BU's scollies he'd win the league, he'd even do it with their current roster.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Lafayette misses their third FG of the day, this one from 30 yards. Still 7-0 Leopards over the Hoyas.

Georgetown has less than 100 yards of total offense late in the 3rd quarter.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Lafayette holds on to win 7-0.

Sader87
November 4th, 2017, 03:37 PM
HC actually showed up today, 42-20 F.....this team should have gone 8-3, 9-2.....should sue Gilmore for back-pay.

Shame...he was such a toxic presence for the Holy Cross program.

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I just got to Multi-Sport Field, and this is by far the smallest crowd I’ve seen at a Georgetown football game. (This is the 5th time I’ve been here, 3 times for Lehigh and now the 2nd time for Lafayette.) The stands are probably half-full, and remember, Multi-Sport Field seats 2500 people.

This team is dead in the water...on offense. Fans have just given up.

3rd and 18 with the game on the line. The call? Option.

crusader11
November 4th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Shame...he was such a toxic presence for the Holy Cross program.

Please stop. He had his shortcomings as a head coach, but let's not attack his character, which was first class. I can't think of many finer representations for HC than him...could be why he remained head coach longer than he probably should have.

crusader11
November 4th, 2017, 03:49 PM
3rd and 18 with the game on the line. The call? Option.

I watched the second half of the 4th quarter. And yeah, that was bizarre.

Georgetown will get to a point in the PL where they either are forced to drop football, or join another league.

Colgate Raider Redux
November 4th, 2017, 03:58 PM
his character, which was first class. I can't think of many finer representations for HC than him...

How about Sader87 ?....oh sorry...you were referring to adults

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2017, 04:00 PM
I watched the second half of the 4th quarter. And yeah, that was bizarre.

Georgetown will get to a point in the PL where they either are forced to drop football, or join another league.

We literally have one half of a team. And if LFN or any regular poster can suggest that this team as constructed can compete in the PL going forward, I'd like to hear it.

Sader87
November 4th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Please stop. He had his shortcomings as a head coach, but let's not attack his character, which was first class. I can't think of many finer representations for HC than him...could be why he remained head coach longer than he probably should have.

I won't....he was a such negative to this program...I've spoken to many people (potential recruits, guys who coached with him, people at Holy Cross etc etc)...all say the same....a toxic presence. Good riddance.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 04:22 PM
After attending the Lafayette/Georgetown game, I have to say it was a WEE BIT different than the Penn/Lehigh game I attended earlier this season.

The Leopards' 7-0 win was the lowest-scoring football game, college or NFL, I've ever attended.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2017, 04:30 PM
In Must-Win Game, Lehigh Defense Forces Four Turnovers And Lehigh Offense Makes Bison Pay, Win 42-21

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/in-must-win-game-lehigh-defense-forces.html

Southsider
November 4th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Watched LU today. Once again, play-calling baffles me. And please, stop the WR screens, along with the stupid QB "throwback" on the run. They never work. Then again, what would you expect from this staff.........

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Watched LU today. Once again, play-calling baffles me. And please, stop the WR screens, along with the stupid QB "throwback" on the run. They never work. Then again, what would you expect from this staff.........

So - a 3 TD win, with one of them coming in garbage time against the 2s, and the WR screens are the big takeaway?

Sader87
November 4th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Will Holy Cross play spoilahs next week? If they play like they did in the 2nd half at Fordham today, they may.

RichH2
November 4th, 2017, 04:59 PM
What?? That is your takeaway from this game. Not Brags or Pelletier or heck the D for a change. Get a grip guy.

Southsider
November 4th, 2017, 05:07 PM
So - a 3 TD win, with one of them coming in garbage time against the 2s, and the WR screens are the big takeaway?

Let me remind you, BU is not a juggernaut! I am certainly happy LU won. But let's be honest, LU has a long, long way to go. And Mayes continues to make bonehead throws. You may be impressed, I'm not.

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2017, 05:21 PM
I just got to Multi-Sport Field, and this is by far the smallest crowd I’ve seen at a Georgetown football game. (This is the 5th time I’ve been here, 3 times for Lehigh and now the 2nd time for Lafayette.) The stands are probably half-full, and remember, Multi-Sport Field seats 2500 people

The game drew the smallest crowd in a league game at Georgetown in 13 years and from what I can tell is the smallest Homecoming attendance since the mid 1990s, when games were held at Kehoe Field, which makes Cooper Field look like Princeton Stadium by comparison..

Less than one in four Homecoming registrants actually attended the game. Are they sending a message?

Sader87
November 4th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Georgetown football is a dead man walking DFW....hate to tell ya'.

Who knows, maybe college football itself is a dead man walking?

But in the short term, Georgetown is just throwing away $$$ in playing in the PL under their current model....it just won't work.

Southsider
November 4th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Brags is my PL MVP. Pellitier's work speaks for itself. Frankly, before he was hurt, I thought Casey made the bigger catches/plays. Again, thrilled with the W. But, BU clearly not a high caliber opponent.

Colgate Raider Redux
November 4th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Will Holy Cross play spoilahs next week? If they play like they did in the 2nd half at Fordham today, they may.

Sader87, I've got your back for next week. Let your bluster fly!! I've felt for a couple of weeks, that under the right circumstances, the L.U.- H.C. game could be interesting.
The interesting aspect of next week's game is the difficulty of predicting the psyche of these teams on any particular afternoon.
I think allowing PP to run, as he was today, adds a significant dimension for game-planing, especially given the vulnerabilites of L.U.'s D. I don't know the precise breakdowns for H.C's D against L.U.'s offensive weapons....especially covering Bragnalone ? From the seat of my pants calculation, I think adding the PP running threat kind of diminishes the wildcard advantage that Bragnalone would have given L.U. in this game. I've seen both of these teams play throughout the year. It could easily go either way, imho.

Southsider
November 4th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Sader87, I've got your back for next week. Let your bluster fly!! I've felt for a couple of weeks, that under the right circumstances, the L.U.- H.C. game could be interesting.
The interesting aspect of next week's game is the difficulty of predicting the psyche of these teams on any particular afternoon.
I think allowing PP to run, as he was today, adds a significant dimension for game-planing, especially given the vulnerabilites of L.U.'s D. I don't know the precise breakdowns for H.C's D against L.U.'s offensive weapons....especially covering Bragno ? I've seen both of these team throughout the year. It could easily go either way, imho.

Spot on. LU D just a "tad" improved, but no match for PP at this point. If LU would open the playbook they could roll. Should be fun!

van
November 4th, 2017, 06:21 PM

hate to agree, but the throwback on the run was likely because Mayes did not want to take the 5 yard gain in front of him

Southsider
November 4th, 2017, 06:25 PM
hate to agree, but the throwback on the run was likely because Mayes did not want to take the 5 yard gain in front of him

While we all know Mayes is no Shafnisky, it is puzzling how many times he has nothing but green in front of him but elects to throw. The pick near the Fordham goal line last week comes to mind...............

van
November 4th, 2017, 06:35 PM
While we all know Mayes is no Shafnisky, it is puzzling how many times he has nothing but green in front of him but elects to throw. The pick near the Fordham goal line last week comes to mind...............

coaches seem to be getting this too, read option barely not used today, that's not his strength so why try to force a square peg into a round hole

carney2
November 4th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Lafayette 7, Georgetown 0. Two teams without an offense played the most boring and dismal game in many a year. Stats:

Lafayette Total Offense = 166 yds.
Georgetown Total Offense = 175 yds.

The Lafayette freshman QB threw zero interceptions and thereby no pick sixes. That must mean he's improving.

The Lafayette running game accumulated 65 yds., the second highest total of the season.

Georgetown got over the 50 twice. Both "threats" ended with interceptions.

As if you didn't already know, these are two very bad teams - even by Patriot League standards.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Lafayette 7, Georgetown 0. Two teams without an offense played the most boring and dismal game in many a year. Stats:

Lafayette Total Offense = 166 yds.
Georgetown Total Offense = 175 yds.

The Lafayette freshman QB threw zero interceptions and thereby no pick sixes. That must mean he's improving.

The Lafayette running game accumulated 65 yds., the second highest total of the season.

Georgetown got over the 50 twice. Both "threats" ended with interceptions in the end zone on bombs.

As if you didn't already know, these are two very bad teams - even by Patriot League standards.

I wanted to add the bolded part for increased accuracy, carney2.

It should also be noted Lafayette averaged less than 2 yards per running play...and won.

carney2
November 4th, 2017, 07:29 PM
It should also be noted Lafayette averaged less than 2 yards per running play...and won.

In another "it should also be noted," the Lafayette defense has completely shut down and shut out the last two opponents. And, the Pards are only 1-1 over that span. And they have only outscored those two opponents by a total of one point. Can you spell I N C O M P E T E N C E?

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 07:36 PM
One other tidbit from the Lafayette/Georgetown game - one quarterback went 17 for 25 for 101 yards, just over 4 yards per attempt (a very poor figure)...and he was MUCH better than his counterpart on the other team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Awesome day for football in Central Pennsylvania! The Bucknell campus was looking extra spectacular!

Overall Lehigh played well against a surprisingly bad Bucknell team! The Bison QB play is terrible! This is only the second time I've seen Lehigh and the one thing that stood out is how small their DL is. Kauffman was playing DT. The guy is a linebacker! He looked like a runt out there. The coaching might be subpar on defense but there's still a serious lack of size upfront. Until that changes teams will continue to run all over them.

There were quite a few locals there to see Bragalone! Pretty cool to see! And since when is the press box side the away side? Seemed weird!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26417&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26418&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26416&stc=1

RichH2
November 4th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Awesome day for football in Central Pennsylvania! The Bucknell campus was looking extra spectacular!

Overall Lehigh played well against a surprisingly bad Bucknell team! The Bison QB play is terrible! This is only the second time I've seen Lehigh and the one thing that stood out is how small their DL is. Kauffman was playing DT. The guy is a linebacker! He looked like a runt out there. The coaching might be subpar on defense but there's still a serious lack of size upfront. Until that changes teams will continue to run all over them.

There were quite a few locals there to see Bragalone! Pretty cool to see! And since when is the press box side the away side? Seemed weird!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26417&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26418&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26416&stc=1

He is 6'2 260. The DL is 6'5 ,6'2,6'5,6'4.

ngineer
November 4th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Glad I made the trip out to bucolic Lewisburg today. Was really a nice win. The 42-21 win was not even that close. Offense got very conservative in the fourth quarter and BU went 80 yards the last four minutes against the '3's. For once, we won the turnover battle, which killed us at Fordham. BU dug its hole early not only with the TO's but some stupid penalties. Did not seem like the 'great' Bucknell disciplined D we have been hearing about. LU's running game did very well against a big Bucknell DL. Having Casey back really helped open up the offense. Mish did most of the kickoffs with a placekicking approach, but his high trajectory helped get good coverage. Defense played well. Kauffman listed at 265, so not sure he is 'that' undersized for DE. DL showed improved mobility and had decent pressure or Muh most the day influencing a number of throws. Gille played a lot and Nace rotated in a lot. Cavenas played his usual stellar role. Secondary played good coverage and had two picks. Again, some lousy earratic tackling FS O'Neill is all over the place, but number of times missed tackles that allowed large gains. Brags was Brags. He is a beast and a bit concerned he is playing hurt. They took him out half way through second half and let Brisker finish up. So they need to keep him fresh for the final push. Mayes has a nice arm, but still makes bonehead decisions I wouldn't expect an "almost" senior to make. If any of the two young guns at QB show improvement next year and the ability to run, I would not be surprised to see a change next August, unless Brad can step it up. The INT thrown to the Bucknell LB today was disturbing in that he looked at no other receiver and telegraphed where it was going from the snap. A real head-shaker. Maybe he had too much success early last year when he subbed for Shaf, but I guess the frustration is that he does have a ton of physical talent. So we have great throws mixed in the WTF decisions and lack of ball protection. Maybe it's because I don't know if we truly have QB coach. Folmar was a college QB. Cecchini was an AA wide receiver who studied a ton of offense and had a ton of experience as an OC before he came back to Lehigh. Our current OC is still learning, and am not aware of much background in the QB position. I just have not seen improvement in that position. The run game with Brags and Brisker has really been the engine of late in this offense. So now, the HC game becomes 'huuuuge' in light of the Crusader's dismantling of Fordham today. The D should have renewed confidence after today's showing, even though it was Bucknell's offense. The DC will have make sure we can get pressure on PP whatever way can be found. The simple fact is that the PL championship game will be next week. In know #153 can always be a game where the 'records go out the window' but history has shown there have really been few upsets in the past few decades. Should Lehigh beat Holy Cross, there should be no way in hell they lose to the Spotted Pussies. So all is now right with the world for the next few days, until we start perseverating about stopping Pujals.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2017, 08:39 PM
He is 6'2 260. The DL is 6'5 ,6'2,6'5,6'4.

I don't see him being that big at all. I stood right near him and he's barely 6'0 250. All the Lehigh DL are lean as can be. There's nothing wrong with a couple wide bodies. The one guy that looks like he's built for DT is Colin Nace, #97.

ngineer
November 4th, 2017, 08:43 PM
I don't see him being that big at all. I stood right near him and he's barely 6'0 250. All the Lehigh DL are lean as can be. There's nothing wrong with a couple wide bodies. The one guy that looks like he's built for DT is Colin Nace, #97.

Cavenas has been stellar. pLus he goes around 280, having come down from 300 as a freshman

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Cavenas has been stellar. pLus he goes around 280, having come down from 300 as a freshman

Cavenas is very good (also got his hand on a punt today) but he doesn't have that much help. Lehigh needs to recruit better along the front 7. That area of the team still lacks personnel.

Coaches and players seemed all engaged today which was obviously good to see. Mayes has great talent but his decision making is shaky at best. When he's got it rolling and playing with confidence he's fine but when he feels pressure or his first read isn't there he gets wreckless. I still don't see too much issue with the OC. Those weird plays are simply "RPOs" which are now all the rage in college. Andy Reid is running them in the NFL with Alex Smith. I do wish they would take more shots deep. I think some of the play calling is designed to protect the defense. In some ways they can't score too quick....

The defense is going to have their hands full next week. The season really good should come down to HC given how had Lafayette's offense is. This is the Crusaders last game of the year so that means Pujals's last game of his career. They will let it all out.....

CHIP72
November 4th, 2017, 09:29 PM
One thing that I forgot to mention from the Lafayette/Georgetown game - the standout player from either team was the Leopards' punter. Seriously. I think he had 3 punts downed inside the 10 yard line, and he boomed a couple punts from deep in Lafayette territory when the Hoyas were looking for a tying touchdown.

By contrast, Lafayette missed 3 FG attempts (in order, from 41, 43, and 30 yards).

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2017, 10:25 PM
The single-worst Georgetown game I have seen in eight years, and that's saying a lot.

And with 26 seniors leaving and other attrition to follow, it's not getting better.

Sader87
November 5th, 2017, 01:05 AM
Seriously DFW, what do you want us (other PL postahs) at this point to say?

The GTown football program is a joke in just about every way.....no one at the school cares, the product on the field is hot garbage at best, facilities are awful, the school won't give scholarships etc etc

Ultimately, what's the point? Seriously.

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2017, 06:45 AM
The GTown football program is a joke in just about every way.....no one at the school cares, the product on the field is hot garbage at best, facilities are awful, the school won't give scholarships etc etc. Ultimately, what's the point? Seriously.

People do care. The facility project is back on track (or so they say), the defense is credible, and no one is booing the team off the field. That said, the lack of talent that is arriving as the result of PL admission rules is approaching a point of no return, and the lack of interest around PL games is noticeable. It didn't matter if that was Lafayette across the sideline or East Stroudsburg.

My two cents: either the PL needs to either a) mandate 60 scholarships, b) provide short-term relief on reducing the AI for inbound Georgetown recruits (similar to what the Ivy did during Columbia's low point in the 1980's) or c) declare Georgetown ineligible for the title and let them recruit as they please.

RichH2
November 5th, 2017, 07:02 AM
People do care. The facility project is back on track (or so they say), the defense is credible, and no one is booing the team off the field. That said, the lack of talent that is arriving as the result of PL admission rules is approaching a point of no return, and the lack of interest around PL games is noticeable. It didn't matter if that was Lafayette across the sideline or East Stroudsburg.

My two cents: either the PL needs to either a) mandate 60 scholarships, b) provide short-term relief on reducing the AI for inbound Georgetown recruits (similar to what the Ivy did during Columbia's low point in the 1980's) or c) declare Georgetown ineligible for the title and let them recruit as they please.
Happen to agree DFW. GU s/b allowed more low band recruits for a couple of years. Perhaps ease up roster cap a bit. However, PL should require more funding from GU in return. Commitment should work both ways.