PDA

View Full Version : James Madison and Chattanooga with a home and home series

Mocs123
October 27th, 2017, 04:19 PM
From today's Chattanooga Times Free Press

The Mocs have scheduled home-and-home games against 2016 FCS national champion James Madison: on Sept. 21, 2019, in Chattanooga and Sept. 12, 2020, in Harrisonburg, Va.

That will put us playing JMU and JSU the same year.

JSUSoutherner
October 27th, 2017, 04:23 PM
You owe us two home games. Are you going to end up with JMU/JSU games back to back years?

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Nice!

Now let's just hope Arth gets the Nooga ship righted by 2019.

Mocs123
October 27th, 2017, 05:16 PM
You owe us two home games. Are you going to end up with JMU/JSU games back to back years?

We might, but for some reason I think the 2018 game in Jacksonville was rescheduled for 2021 but am not 100% sure.

Mocs123
October 27th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Nice!

For sure. JMU/JSU is a heck of a tandem for a top 10 team, much less the 2017 version of the Mocs.

Catbooster
October 27th, 2017, 05:53 PM
xthumbsupx Good, tough schedule

woffordgrad94
October 27th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Chatty just signed up for a couple of butt-whoopings. xasswhipx I guess that’s great if you’re into that sort of thing...I am at times :D

woffordgrad94
October 27th, 2017, 06:21 PM
xthumbsupx Good, tough schedule
Seriously, that could be a good couple of games and it’s good to challenge yourself. But I also think teams should be careful. There is a such thing as making the schedule too tough and not being able to get enough wins for the playoffs as a result. I’d rather go 10-1 with an easy schedule and make the playoffs than go 7-4 and be left out of the postseason with a tough schedule...and yes, it could happen.

citdog
October 27th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Nice!

Arth is WAY overmatched. He is NOT a DI Head Coach. It would behoove Chattanooga to admit it now and cut bait.

Mocs123
October 27th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Arth is WAY overmatched. He is NOT a DI Head Coach. It would behoove Chattanooga to admit it now and cut bait.

That may be citdog, but we don't have the resources to cut him loose after one season. I have to want him to get it figured out as for better or for worse (so far for worse) Arth is our coach for the next 4-5 seasons, unless some of his NFL contacts give him a job in the league.

A good coach can go a long way. Look at what Hendrix has done in one year at Furman, Healey at Peay, Rocco at UD, Cignetti at Elon, or even Spier at WCU (minus one terrible year last season. Those were all some terrible teams a couple of years ago.

mamberso
October 27th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Great matchup for both teams, especially if the Mocs get the ship righted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalm
October 28th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Seriously, that could be a good couple of games and it’s good to challenge yourself. But I also think teams should be careful. There is a such thing as making the schedule too tough and not being able to get enough wins for the playoffs as a result. I’d rather go 10-1 with an easy schedule and make the playoffs than go 7-4 and be left out of the postseason with a tough schedule...and yes, it could happen.

I love it!

It's better for the subdivision and playoff considerations when you have these matchups vs. trying to guess how good a SoCon or CAA team is after they play one FBS and a couple of MEAC's, NEC's, Patriots, Big South's, and/or DII's.

You see this schedule discrepancy reflected in the polls all the time.

jmu007
October 28th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Feel like a kid on Christmas reading the news of this home and home. Can't wait.

CockyGeek
October 28th, 2017, 08:15 AM
May God have mercy on your souls.

Milktruck74
October 30th, 2017, 11:23 AM

Nobody really wants to go to Jacksonville.....We will push it off as long as possible!!!!!

Dukie95
October 30th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Have you guys fixed the turf?

longtimemocfan
October 30th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Have you guys fixed the turf?

Yes, 2 times over since JMU last visited. The astro turf game day grass was just replaced for a second time recently.

longtimemocfan
October 30th, 2017, 03:27 PM
That may be citdog, but we don't have the resources to cut him loose after one season. I have to want him to get it figured out as for better or for worse (so far for worse) Arth is our coach for the next 4-5 seasons, unless some of his NFL contacts give him a job in the league.

A good coach can go a long way. Look at what Hendrix has done in one year at Furman, Healey at Peay, Rocco at UD, Cignetti at Elon, or even Spier at WCU (minus one terrible year last season. Those were all some terrible teams a couple of years ago.

I think he’s spinning the vinyl and the needle has gotten stuck or he is getting dementia. That’s about the 4th time he’s said that and the 4th time somebody’s replied to him about it.

citdog
October 30th, 2017, 09:42 PM
I think he’s spinning the vinyl and the needle has gotten stuck or he is getting dementia. That’s about the 4th time he’s said that and the 4th time somebody’s replied to him about it.

That's two times more games than you've won this year...

longtimemocfan
October 30th, 2017, 10:22 PM
That's two times more games than you've won this year...

I’m glad you remember that much lol.

DirtyDukes
November 1st, 2017, 04:55 PM
This is awesome news.