PDA

View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 9

RedFlash
October 26th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Week 9 in the NEC. All three games are noon starts.

Robert Morris at St. Francis (-15.5)
Bryant at Wagner (-10.5)
Duquesne at Sacred Heart (+9)

I really considered going with RMU this week. The StFU sideline was completely deflated last week and I wonder whether they will be ready to play this week. If RMU had any kind of offense, I think I would have picked them.
Wagner is coming off their bye this week and should be well prepared, but I think Bryant pulls off the upset this week.
Duquesne was very impressive last week. StFU had to be having flashbacks to 2015, as the game once again changed on a bad StFU turnover in Duquesne territory with the Red Flash leading. Could the Dukes suffer a slight let down this week, sure, but Duquesne will find a way to pull this off. They are very well coached and always prepared.
CCSU is off this week. They will get StFU next week in New Britain, CT.

bonarae
October 26th, 2017, 05:58 PM
St. Francis
Bryant
Duquesne

Gangtackle11
October 26th, 2017, 06:53 PM
StFU
Wagner
Duquesne

Last week: 2-1 Season: 27-10

Original_RMC
October 27th, 2017, 06:42 AM
RMU @ SFU - The Colonials are 15-7-1 all-time against Saint Francis U but SFU have won the last five games. The Colonials lead the conference in pass defense, allowing just 174 yards per contest with SFU a close 2nd. If you are worried about a letdown game for SFU after losing to the Dukes, just remember RMU threw a pick-6 with 12 seconds left to lose to SHU; 21-14. SFU has a better offense especially along the OL. It could be a slow start for SFU in the 1st half but I expect SFU to win this one for Homecoming.
SFU 31 - RMU 3

Duquesne @ SHU - Long road trip for the Dukes that will test their focus. SHU has a very fast but undersized front seven on D. Expect to see the Dukes look to establish the rushing attack and control the clock. It will be another game that is close in the 1st half but some big 2nd runs from AJ Hines will put this game away.
Dukes 27 - SHU 10

Bryant @ Wagner - Bryant has not won a road game this season and Wagner is coming off a Bye Week. I believe Wagner's D will be ready for Bryant. Wagner will use Fulse to control the clock and game.
Wagner 30 - Bryant 24

Bluefish845
October 27th, 2017, 12:49 PM
St. Francis
Bryant
Duquesne really hope I'm wrong here.....