PDA

View Full Version : Craig Haley's Payton Award Favorites

WestCoastAggie
October 25th, 2017, 11:45 AM
1. Chris Streveler, QB, South Dakota2. Gage Gubrud, QB, Eastern Washington3. Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond4. Devlin Hodges, QB, Samford5. Case Cookus, QB, Northern Arizona6. Jeremiah Briscoe, QB, Sam Houston State7. Brandon Parker, LT, North Carolina A&Thttps://athlonsports.com/college-football/favorites-fcs-2017-walter-payton-award

jmufan999
October 25th, 2017, 11:58 AM
I don't have a problem with that list.

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2017, 12:10 PM
If Gubrud is really #2 I think Streveler has an even bigger lead than what I thought. Gubrud has looked plain bad against NDSU and SUU. Seems like it's in Streveler's back pocket to keep or lose over the last month. He gets a pretty porous SIU defense this week but then it get's real down the stretch (@UNI, @NDSU, and SDSU).

grizband
October 25th, 2017, 12:19 PM
If Gubrud is really #2 I think Streveler has an even bigger lead than what I thought. Gubrud has looked plain bad against NDSU and SUU. Seems like it's in Streveler's back pocket to keep or lose over the last month. He gets a pretty porous SIU defense this week but then it get's real down the stretch (@UNI, @NDSU, and SDSU).
It may not factor into the decision, but remember that against NDSU the new head coach was still trying to turn EWU into a balanced, run first team. He quickly scrapped that idea after the first two games, which is when Gubrud's stats really took off. He should amass good statistics moving forward, as his final two games are against bottom teams in the Big Sky; the other is against Weber State.