PDA

View Full Version : YSU on the Downfall

Paladin1aa
October 22nd, 2017, 08:15 PM
Last season I advised all on the YSU board that the championship run was fueled by Wolfs recruits and Bozos transfers, plus a lucky catch by our TE. This season I advised that YSU would be in a transition year with few of Wolfs recruits left (Wiggins was a Wolf early commit before he was fired after the season was over). In preseason I told you to expect a 7-4 years as long as they stayed healthy. We are now at 4 losses with games yet to play. I also told you if they had injuries to expect. 6-5 year and we are now in that position. QBs, OL,DL and some backups are hurt and the UNI Game should have shown you just how thin YSU is at several positions as the depth is poor from Bozos awful H.S. recruiting.

while I picked SDSU to win (they lost) and a win over USD( we lost), the results are the same record wise .If the injuries hold up or more happen, Id look for potential loss to ISUr or SIU. Maybe both.Next year it will be mostly complete roster wise and you can judge for yourself what Bozos recruiting has really produced (rapist included). The wild card as always is what transfers and Jucos he can pull in because otherwise my evaluation is it looks bleak. Sure, they schedule a couple of weenies and play a money game and start MVFC play at 2-1, same as usual. Then the bottom falls out.

And next year (except for Wiggin), you are looking at Bozos boys. Let's hope the new Bb coach knows what he is doing. Bozo, for all the hype, sure doesn't. Recruiting is his Achilles heal. Feel free to knock another annual prediction I made that was right AGAIN. Oh, and pardon me while I lmao at your fearless owner/ leader on your board who buries you in his bull sh it. lol Nothing like a clueless cheerleader board to baffle fans with.

Your thoughts.......

Penguin Nation
October 22nd, 2017, 08:37 PM
I was thinking about this after the UNI game. YSU went 5-6 in Bozo's first season, and are 3-4 now (only 1 non-NEC win). YSU went to the Natty with some Wolf recruits (I think Rivers was a Wolf recruit), and some NE transfers (Moss). The NE transfers obviously are not continuing...so recruiting does seem to be an issue going forward, and maybe recruiting the rapist was an admission that he was desperate? The Natty happened due to a dream bracket placement...there were many better teams (-DSUs) that would've wiped YSU out earlier.

So here YSU is nearing the end of Bozo's third season....yes an embarrassing natty beating...but also two losing seasons (thus far)...a rapist...a lawsuit from the rapist...international infamy and ridicule as a result...pissed off fans and alumni...really a train wreck. Honestly I was very critical of Heacock...I mocked him endlessly...but I'd take his incompetence and pulselessness back in a heartbeat over this scumbag. At least Heacock had some class.

Glad to see YSU implode after actively recruiting a sexual predator. Maybe karma is for real.

Gil Dobie
October 22nd, 2017, 08:50 PM
YSU is still a good team. MVFC is deep this year.

Paladin1aa
October 22nd, 2017, 09:03 PM
Rivers was, indeed , a Wolf recruit. The problem will be exposed next year as the difference becomes obvious. Wolf recruited by the numbers and valued highly athletic players. Bozo has snowed the local fans with his bullsh it that football players with "high" football IQ will win, even as they lack the athletic skills by the numbers .

His biggest sin maybe the heavy recruiting he has done in the Valley to mollify local fans who think it's a football Mecca . Most of the kids he signed are marginal players, even the parochial players. The Mooney kicker being a great example they blew. Scott from Hubbard ? A no show. The list is long of wasted schollies .

just as Heacock hated recruiting and wasn't good at it, you have a coach who knows his Xs and Os but blows it with terrible recruiting. Transfers and Jucos being the exception.

grayghost06
October 22nd, 2017, 09:20 PM
I was thinking about this after the UNI game. YSU went 5-6 in Bozo's first season, and are 3-4 now (only 1 non-NEC win). YSU went to the Natty with some Wolf recruits (I think Rivers was a Wolf recruit), and some NE transfers (Moss). The NE transfers obviously are not continuing...so recruiting does seem to be an issue going forward, and maybe recruiting the rapist was an admission that he was desperate? The Natty happened due to a dream bracket placement...there were many better teams (-DSUs) that would've wiped YSU out earlier.

So here YSU is nearing the end of Bozo's third season....yes an embarrassing natty beating...but also two losing seasons (thus far)...a rapist...a lawsuit from the rapist...international infamy and ridicule as a result...pissed off fans and alumni...really a train wreck. Honestly I was very critical of Heacock...I mocked him endlessly...but I'd take his incompetence and pulselessness back in a heartbeat over this scumbag. At least Heacock had some class.

Glad to see YSU implode after actively recruiting a sexual predator. Maybe karma is for real.

Lifelong Nebraska fan here. Pelini left an empty cupboard in Lincoln. Recruiting, especially on both lines, was very weak. And now his recruits are the juniors and seniors and half of them are not P5 material. Never in my 50+ years has Nebraska ever been down to a team 42-0 at half. Thanks Bo.

Paladin1aa
October 22nd, 2017, 09:53 PM
BTW, Nation, I would accept the premise that the rapist was a desperate move. He moved heaven and hell to get him, even driving to his home to pick him up after he quit the team and school. And that was with all other colleges refusing to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Loss #5 coming up.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2017, 07:03 AM
BTW, Nation, I would accept the premise that the rapist was a desperate move. He moved heaven and hell to get him, even driving to his home to pick him up after he quit the team and school. And that was with all other colleges refusing to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Loss #5 coming up.

Seems like it with the way YSU and ISUr played on Sat. But just last week The red birds look terrible.

Penguin Nation
October 23rd, 2017, 09:23 AM

Loss #5 coming up.

I do think ISUr has the advantage. YSU QB was sacked 10 times versus UNI, 6x the week before, and ISUr is second in the MVFC in sacks, and #2 in rushing D. YSU was sacked 26x this season...no one else is close...for example SIU QB only sacked 3x this season. YSU could face another QB shortage this year if ISUr tees off on Mays and Davis the way UNI did. ISUr offense actually leads YSU in TOP. USD is the only common opponent, ISUr beat them, YSU lost to them. This one could get out of hand.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2017, 09:46 AM
They may have to break a QB redshirt, but that kid isn't any good either. The fans think he is a real prospect, lol. Reality is YSU is QB poor and they may try to bring in 2 or more for next year.

If the injuries keep coming , they will lose more than 5 games. Losing record is seriously possible. The fans have no clue what's going on.

ISUr is at best a toss up game. If the injuries hold, a loss will not be surprising.

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2017, 09:59 AM
you people are crazy. YSU is a bad team? No. They are a team with a strong supporting cast missing playmakers due to injury. Yes a losing record is possible considering the injury situation, but you are a retard if you think this team isn't as good as Wolford's. Wofford jacked his dog off at a party he had. The dude was seriously ****ed up and he had no one with football IQ. It took 2 years for Pelini to get them competitive against good teams. YSU is built like NDSU. I didn't see a big talent gap. They have an excellent supporting cast with stars sprinkled throughout. They are deeper, but similar. YSU is an injured team with a confidence problem.

UNIFanSince1983
October 23rd, 2017, 10:01 AM
you people are crazy. YSU is a bad team? No. They are a team with a strong supporting cast missing playmakers due to injury. Yes a losing record is possible considering the injury situation, but you are a retard if you think this team isn't as good as Wolford's. Wofford jacked his dog off at a party he had. The dude was seriously ****ed up and he had no one with football IQ. It took 2 years for Pelini to get them competitive against good teams. YSU is built like NDSU. I didn't see a big talent gap. They have an excellent supporting cast with stars sprinkled throughout. They are deeper, but similar. YSU is an injured team with a confidence problem.

These two clearly have a hatred for all things Pelini so they cannot seem to see things how an objective fan would.

Penguin Nation
October 23rd, 2017, 10:03 AM

Wait...what??!! I didn't see that on his Wikipedia page.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2017, 10:47 AM
I see one of the clueless finally speaks up. Is YSU a bad team ? Well, yes and no. The Bozo butt kissers (cheerleaders) want you to believe he went to the Natty with his players. Wrong! He took Wolfs recruits and HIS transfers . However, he is running out of Wolfs recruits and relying on his own and it's not going to be pretty. I'm giving you an early heads up for NEXT year. Had YSU stayed healthy, at best they would be 7-4. Not bad. Playoffs too. But as I warned BEFORE the season, the declining talent pool leaves them exposed to 6-5 or worse record because of injuries. No depth, limited ability of the "stars" and Bozos world famous temper creates more problems. Let's be blunt, YSU doesn't have a QB. OL is a disaster area. DL is injured. Secondary is porous. Sound like a good team ? Expect them to win in the MVFC ? Lol. You gotta be shi tting me. lol

Admit it, you bought the company BS hook, line and sinker.

The Yo Show
October 23rd, 2017, 11:29 AM
Since you brought up the Men's Basketball coach, I have to say I'm very impressed with him so far. Obviously, will need to wait for the season to be able to tell, but he managed to do some good recruiting. Look at Naz Bohannon, everyone thought he would be a football prospect with offers from Pitt, Michigan State and Cincinnati. He is a 6-5 (or 6-6 according to YSU's website) 230lb dude, that played WR and DE in high school. Anyway, he was also really good at basketball but didn't get many offers for basketball (which was his preference to play in college), but did offers from Drexel and Kent State for basketball too, before deciding on YSU. Thing about this year's basketball team is even if they do bad, it is overwhelming young (a high number of freshman and sophomores are going to be playing). More info on the kid: Bohannon was named Lorain County's Mr. Basketball, Associated Press Northeast Lakes District Player of the Year and received All-Ohio first-team honors. He already has an associates degree from Lorain County Community College and has a 3.93 grade-point average (he got that degree with his high school graduation so he is pretty smart too). He choose YSU because he likes the Engineering department and is going for Mechanical Engineering.

Getting back to football, maybe YSU has a losing record this year. I don't think its fair to say there is no talent there though.

The Yo Show
October 23rd, 2017, 11:35 AM
I see one of the clueless finally speaks up. Is YSU a bad team ? Well, yes and no. The Bozo butt kissers (cheerleaders) want you to believe he went to the Natty with his players. Wrong! He took Wolfs recruits and HIS transfers . However, he is running out of Wolfs recruits and relying on his own and it's not going to be pretty. I'm giving you an early heads up for NEXT year. Had YSU stayed healthy, at best they would be 7-4. Not bad. Playoffs too. But as I warned BEFORE the season, the declining talent pool leaves them exposed to 6-5 or worse record because of injuries. No depth, limited ability of the "stars" and Bozos world famous temper creates more problems. Let's be blunt, YSU doesn't have a QB. OL is a disaster area. DL is injured. Secondary is porous. Sound like a good team ? Expect them to win in the MVFC ? Lol. You gotta be shi tting me. lol

Admit it, you bought the company BS hook, line and sinker.

I just wanna point out with all the "His recruits not mine" I believe there was a head coach at another D1 football program in Ohio that made the statement to a Mr. Tom Herman "They're your players." Just saying. Yes Wolf maybe recruited them, but Bo still played and coached them. I don't think its fair to give Wolford all the credit for the title run last year because some of the players were originally recruited by Wolf. As you pointed out, some of the players that had been recruited by Wolf weren't even coached by him at all (Gavin Wiggins). Recruiting the rapist aside, which was morally repugnant, Pelini has also recruited good players. Look at Armand Dellovade, that's a pelini recruit! Great linebacker.

The Yo Show
October 23rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
I would like to add, it remains to be seen how the rest of Pelini's recruiting classes at YSU will do, and I suppose next year is the first year we see almost all Pelini recruits.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2017, 12:03 PM
Yo -- who gave Wolf credit for the Natty ? Coaching is the only thing Bozo has going for himself. He sure as hell can't recruit. This is his third season, meaning the seniors are mostly Wolfs with Wiggin being the lone Jr. Exception. They went to the Natty last year and had most coming back. What happened ? Answer -- he lost a lot of Wolf recruits. Had to rely more on his recruits this year and next year Wolfs are gone. That's why I called this a transitional year. The season prediction I made was based on these facts. The 6-5 or worse record is predicated on the lack of depth behind Wolfs final players. I told you for years how bad the QBs were. Rivers was a Wolf recruit and now there is nothing behind him. Oh, except for the rapist. The Mooney kicker? Hubbard's Scott ? The local recruits to keep the clueless happy. You have no worthy QBs on the roster now. None.

As to BB, a little restraint. Yes he looks like he knows what he's doing. But the talent he's bringing in are lesser players using a system to make up for their limited ability. Should be entertaining but don't expect a lot of wins. Just a lot of foul shooting and longer games, lol.

Penguin Nation
October 23rd, 2017, 12:05 PM
Yo, big picture, do you think the YSU FB program is progressing or regressing? I think the point Paladin was making was that there is evidence of current and projected future regression. I think it's undeniable that there is regression from the 2016 season. I would say that if Bo's recruiting stays consistent, there'll be future regression as well. I'm not saying Pelini sucks at everything. The defense is immensely better than the Wolf D. It's interesting that a NE fan earlier posted what a poor recruiter Bo is. Bo will likely leave after next season. What situation will YSU be in at that time. Looking at this objectively, I would say Wolf left a fuller cupboard than Pelini likely leaves it in....although the cupboard will have a rapist in it so there's that.

The Yo Show
October 23rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
If Pelini leaves after next season, I think its hard to tell how he will leave the team in terms of recruiting talent. Probably would be fair to say we would have less talent going into the 2019 football season than Wolford left for Pelini going into 2015, but until we have another two years of recruiting, who can say for sure? Because Bo will have two more recruiting classes yet (counting this one going into 2018). I can't say that Pelini will leave YSU worse off (because he will leave his defensive system to those who have played under it too).

Penguin Nation
October 23rd, 2017, 01:44 PM
Yo -- who gave Wolf credit for the Natty ? Coaching is the only thing Bozo has going for himself. He sure as hell can't recruit. This is his third season, meaning the seniors are mostly Wolfs with Wiggin being the lone Jr. Exception. They went to the Natty last year and had most coming back. What happened ? Answer -- he lost a lot of Wolf recruits. Had to rely more on his recruits this year and next year Wolfs are gone. That's why I called this a transitional year. The season prediction I made was based on these facts. The 6-5 or worse record is predicated on the lack of depth behind Wolfs final players. I told you for years how bad the QBs were. Rivers was a Wolf recruit and now there is nothing behind him. Oh, except for the rapist. The Mooney kicker? Hubbard's Scott ? The local recruits to keep the clueless happy. You have no worthy QBs on the roster now. None.

As to BB, a little restraint. Yes he looks like he knows what he's doing. But the talent he's bringing in are lesser players using a system to make up for their limited ability. Should be entertaining but don't expect a lot of wins. Just a lot of foul shooting and longer games, lol.

IMO, credit for going to the Natty:

one third: Wolf
one third: Scumbag Bo
one third: selection committee

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2017, 01:48 PM
xpopcornx

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2017, 04:04 PM
I do think ISUr has the advantage. YSU QB was sacked 10 times versus UNI, 6x the week before, and ISUr is second in the MVFC in sacks, and #2 in rushing D. YSU was sacked 26x this season...no one else is close...for example SIU QB only sacked 3x this season. YSU could face another QB shortage this year if ISUr tees off on Mays and Davis the way UNI did. ISUr offense actually leads YSU in TOP. USD is the only common opponent, ISUr beat them, YSU lost to them. This one could get out of hand.

Let's be clear .. YSU is still a very good football team. They've played the 2nd toughest schedule in FCS. While only quality win over tough opponent is SDSU, they have 4 very good losses. FBS Pitt (Massey #46) on road by 7, NDSU in OT by 3, USD on road by 3, and now resurgent UNI on road by 5. You don't play that schedule tough if you are an average or bad team. And you don't drop them below an NC A&T who just beat 225th ranked Beth Cook at home by 4 points .. the same Beth Cook who beat 0-7 Savannah St (Massey # 438) by 12 at home.

I find it amazing how some people are perfectly willing to ignore "bad wins" and so eager to punish teams "good losses" .. as if quality of opponent doesn't matter. It's really not that hard to understand why 3-4 YSU is clearly a better football team than 8-0 NC A&T .. my gosh, we do have computers that easily do all the round and round machinations .... and do so objectively. FCP Coaches moved NC A&T up from 11 to 6 because they beat a bad Beth Cook team by 4 at home ... yeesh, that should have dropped them out of top 20 where they belong, but they move up to 6th .. how lazy and dumb can the FCP coaches be ???

As for upcoming ISUr at YSU game .. we're built to defend run game, particularly against dual threat and read option QBs. So if YSU has trouble protecting QB (26 sacks in 160 passes), I'm liking our chances even more. But I'm guessing some of those sacks are read option TFL plays, not drop back plays. All that aside, I do believe we rematch up well with YSU .. I've said that since August .. except for fact that you guys turned out better than I was guessing. if the team that showed up for USD, shows up in Youngstown, I think we can win by 2 TDs. But not wise to bank on playing well on road against very good teams. So I would bet on a closer lower scoring game .. Redbirds win by 2 FGs. Our kicker is on a roll since missing two 35 yarders against InSU .. he is 13 of 15, including 5 of 5 from 40-49, and 1 of 1 from 50+ .. between our RBs, and our front 7 matching up well .. the FG kicker could be difference in game like this.

Penguin Nation
October 23rd, 2017, 04:27 PM
Let's be clear .. YSU is still a very good football team. They've played the 2nd toughest schedule in FCS. While quality win over tough opponent is SDSU, they have 4 very good losses. FBS Pitt (Massey #46) on road by 7, NDSU in T by 3, USD on road by 3, and now resurgent UNI on road by 5. You don't play that schedule tough if you are an average or bad team.

As for upcoming ISUr at YSU game .. we're built to defend run game, particularly against dual threat and read option QBs. So if YSU has trouble protecting QB (26 sacks in 160 passes), I'm liking our chances even more. But I'm guessing some of those sacks are read option TFL plays, not drop back plays. All that aside, I do believe we rematch up well with YSU .. I've said that since August .. except for fact that you guys turned out better than I was guessing. if the team that showed up for USD, shows up in Youngstown, I think we can win by 2 TDs. But not wise to bank on playing well on road against very good teams. So I would bet on a closer lower scoring game .. Redbirds win by 2 FGs. Our kicker is on a roll since missing two 35 yarders against InSU .. he is 13 of 15, including 5 of 5 from 40-49, and 1 of 1 from 50+ .. between our RBs, and our front 7 matching up well .. the FG kicker could be difference in game like this.

You missed the point I was making, as well as the point of the thread. The 2017 YSU FB team is a drop off from 2016, and likely 2018 will see further decline if current patterns continue. If instead we were talking about simply "being good", all but 2 MVFC teams are "good" as it is an FCS power conference. Anyway, winners find a way to win. In the 90s, Tressel teams were often smaller, or less talented, but found ways to win big games.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2017, 06:08 PM
That's correct, Nation. I just gave the major reason why - recruiting. And this year will be worse because as injuries eat up Wolfs recruits, they are replaced with Bozos. Next year is even worse.

YSU should beat ISUb and MSU. They are in trouble with ISUr and SIU. That means 5or6 losses possible

penguinpower
October 23rd, 2017, 06:46 PM
You said the same thing last year and they made it to the championship game. Are you some kind of ****ing retard? I would think YSU couldn't beat Valpo reading this nonsense.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2017, 08:03 PM
They would beat Valpo to a pulp. They had two weenie games this year, so it's obvious they are better than that. As for your bullsh it, I projected playoffs last year. Stop lying.

Im always on the record. Preseason this year was a projected 7-4 and they have 4 losses so far. Also said if they have injuries they'll fall to 6-5 (or worse). Next year I'm early and with good reason --Bozo can't recruit. They will be as bad next year. You heard it here first.

Live with it, cheerleader

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 23rd, 2017, 09:43 PM
xpopcornx

My thoughts exactly....

Redbird 4th & short
October 24th, 2017, 07:52 AM
You missed the point I was making, as well as the point of the thread. The 2017 YSU FB team is a drop off from 2016, and likely 2018 will see further decline if current patterns continue. If instead we were talking about simply "being good", all but 2 MVFC teams are "good" as it is an FCS power conference. Anyway, winners find a way to win. In the 90s, Tressel teams were often smaller, or less talented, but found ways to win big games.

I understood the more general point and concern with long term outlook. But we play you this week .. so I was shifting to here and now, from outside looking in .. as an opponent playing YSU this saturday, it is simple ... they are a team to be reckoned with and should be taken very seriously. They nearly beat 3 very good teams. That they lost those games by 3 to 5 points each, after all the studs they lost form last years team .. is very impressive. This week, I could care less about next year's or the year after's hopes for YSU or whether or not Pellini can recruit at this level. They are a very good team right now. Though there is a risk that Pellini could lose his team if they keep losing close games to very good teams, or they suspect he is one foot out the door.

Houndawg
October 24th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Last season I advised all on the YSU board that the championship run was fueled by Wolfs recruits and Bozos transfers, plus a lucky catch by our TE. This season I advised that YSU would be in a transition year with few of Wolfs recruits left (Wiggins was a Wolf early commit before he was fired after the season was over). In preseason I told you to expect a 7-4 years as long as they stayed healthy. We are now at 4 losses with games yet to play. I also told you if they had injuries to expect. 6-5 year and we are now in that position. QBs, OL,DL and some backups are hurt and the UNI Game should have shown you just how thin YSU is at several positions as the depth is poor from Bozos awful H.S. recruiting.

while I picked SDSU to win (they lost) and a win over USD( we lost), the results are the same record wise .If the injuries hold up or more happen, Id look for potential loss to ISUr or SIU. Maybe both.Next year it will be mostly complete roster wise and you can judge for yourself what Bozos recruiting has really produced (rapist included). The wild card as always is what transfers and Jucos he can pull in because otherwise my evaluation is it looks bleak. Sure, they schedule a couple of weenies and play a money game and start MVFC play at 2-1, same as usual. Then the bottom falls out.

And next year (except for Wiggin), you are looking at Bozos boys. Let's hope the new Bb coach knows what he is doing. Bozo, for all the hype, sure doesn't. Recruiting is his Achilles heal. Feel free to knock another annual prediction I made that was right AGAIN. Oh, and pardon me while I lmao at your fearless owner/ leader on your board who buries you in his bull sh it. lol Nothing like a clueless cheerleader board to baffle fans with.

Your thoughts.......

This late in the season you'll probably lose to both.

Houndawg
October 24th, 2017, 08:17 AM

They got some freaks in the SoCon...

penguinpower
October 24th, 2017, 08:42 AM
That was supposed to say Wolford. Eric Wolford. He did that.

ytownchief22
October 24th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Anything to bash YSU from Pally lol. Let's see the facts now. Wolf recruited athletes who couldn't play football. Bo recruits football players with IQ who maybe aren't athletically gifted and don't have the measurables that stack up to others. Hard to win in this league with as many injuries as this team has right now.

Top 2 QB's
McCaster is banged up
3 starting OL are hurt
Reed our best DE and pass rusher hasn't played in weeks

Not making excuses but the injuries are what they are. This team healthy wasn't going to be as good as last year, I knew that. Seems those 3 tough games in a row with the 2 close losses took a lot out of the team. Not to mention a kicker who is useless now because it's all in his head.

Penguin Nation
October 24th, 2017, 12:47 PM

Wasn't there an episode of Penguin Playbook where Dana Balash asked him about that?

Penguin Nation
October 24th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Anything to bash YSU from Pally lol. Let's see the facts now. Wolf recruited athletes who couldn't play football. Bo recruits football players with IQ who maybe aren't athletically gifted and don't have the measurables that stack up to others. Hard to win in this league with as many injuries as this team has right now.

Top 2 QB's
McCaster is banged up
3 starting OL are hurt

Not making excuses but the injuries are what they are. This team healthy wasn't going to be as good as last year, I knew that. Seems those 3 tough games in a row with the 2 close losses took a lot out of the team. Not to mention a kicker who is useless now because it's all in his head.

That's exactly the point. Why? Why wasn't a natty appearance parlayed into a recruiting bonanza? You've got Tressel, Pelini, the WATTS, Stambaugh, the team of the 90s, and now a natty. What more would a recruit want?

IMO, the answer is Bo is unable to replace the NE transfers (P5 level players) and Wolf's players..no matter what advantages he has. Maybe its his personality, or work ethic....idk. YSU should have developed the depth to sustain injuries to the first and even second teams. Maybe the MVFC schedule is too much for YSU to handle? YSU has been in the MVFC since 1997 and YSU has only one MVFC championship, and one 3 way split co-championship?

I'm not saying YSU FB sucks. They'd be slaying teams in any other FCS conference and even the MAC East, or at least finish top 2-3. I'm just saying Bo Pelini is not the Football Jesus everyone thought he was. In fact, he's done much more harm than good at YSU...and yes I'm including the natty in that equation.

Paladin1aa
October 24th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Chief -- lets get real. For more than a decade, I went on the record on the YSU board and called it correct year after year, the good and the bad. When they were going to be good and go to the playoffs, everyone was fine with my comments. But let me announce any year there would be trouble and all hell broke lose against my predictions, which unfortunately came true. I predicted the first Heacock losing years and everyone said I was crazy. Presto! It happened. This season was easy to project. Bozo, while he can coach Xs and Os is a poor recruiter. And he is running out of Wolfs players. Wolfs downfall is his personality had flaws but the biggest problem was he never hired a good DC and that did him in. Nothing wrong with the talent he recruited. And, yes, I'm telling you that as a former HC. His greatest sin is allowing dummies like you to pressure him into recruiting local kids who are marginal at best. Damn , the list is long AND he is passing up Florida players who made this program competitive and a power. Disagree if you wish, just remember my projections and at least acknowledge them. Don't throw your hands up and attempt like your hero YSU board owner to censor and ban people who don't fall in line and cheerlead. The fan base has no idea he has no QB for next year. None. They have POOR OL coming back (you are seeng some now, like it ?), the DL lacks quality players next year and you have marginal LB next year. The secondary will be eaten alive. Oh, did I mention you have no kicker ? The talent level is going to shock all the cheerleaders and some smart guy is finally going to ask why. Bu that will be seasons end next year as Bozo gets ready to ride off into the sunset and his next gig. But hey, don't listen to me who told you for years what would happen, good or bad, and why. Just play with your Pom poms .

Penguin Nation
October 24th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Another factor to consider is that everyone knows Bo is gone after 2018...unless his market value is so depleted that YSU is his best option....a definite possibility. Recruits may be uncomfortable with that uncertainty, adding to the downward spiral.

Paladin1aa
October 24th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Given how stupid the AD is, I wouldn't be surprised to see an extension for Bozo. Nation is correct on that point. But other than a lucky draw and even luckier catch by the TE to fuel an appearance in the Natty, Bozo is going to have two poor seasons as part of his resume. Not helpful for moving on to bigger and better things. And next year doesn't look good either. Three bad seasons and one good. Bad fallout at Nebraska, the rapist at YSU and the YSU record. Not exactly glowing. moRon will save him , much to the detriment of YSU.

cx500d
October 24th, 2017, 08:01 PM

Top 2 QB's
McCaster is banged up
3 starting OL are hurt

There has to be some uninjured felons they could pick up...maybe some recent parolees?

Penguin Nation
October 24th, 2017, 09:16 PM
There has to be some uninjured felons they could pick up...maybe some recent parolees?

How bout OJ? He "served his time." Actually the Orlando night club shooter played HS FB. Maybe he's "humble"?

Paladin1aa
October 25th, 2017, 11:00 AM
BTW, the rapist is getting increased play time and on the travel squad as a walk on. Ever hear of that sh it at YSU before. lol However, the injuries pile up and my projection of 5 losses looks good with an injury problem. No depth.

they will be very thin this week with ISUr. Chances of a loss are better than even.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 25th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Seems the YSU decline is directly related to them nit playing Ruchardson as much.

I blame the media for going after a black player like they did. Oh....and that girl that started that petition.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Penguin Nation
October 25th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Seems the YSU decline is directly related to them nit playing Ruchardson as much.

I blame the media for going after a black player like they did. Oh....and that girl that started that petition.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016: YSU sans rapist --> natty
2017: YSU + rapist ----> losing record and in obvious decline

clenz
October 25th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Or...

Hear me out...

YSU wasn't really as good as they played the last quarter of last year.

Mabye YSU caught a hot streak, got a few friendly bounces along the way in the playoffs, and this is who YSU is?

I know many of you will fight me on that, but.....

10/15/16 - beat UNI 14-10 but didn't hold their first lead until 58 seconds left in the game and looked absolutely trast
10/22/16 - lost by 2 scores to SDSU
10/29/16 - beat Indiana State by just 3 (13-10) and trailed 10-6 halfway through the 4th
11/5/16 - lost 24-3 to NDSU

YSU went on to win their next 6 but lets look at that 6

21-14 over Southern Illinois...3 win SIU took YSU to the brink in that one, game was tied with less than 5 min left....just as 5 win UNI and 4 win ISUb.
64-20 over Missouri State - just a garbage team

Good win over an okay Samford team
I'll give you the JSU win
Wofford was a 2 OT game and YSU needed a last second FG to force OT to begin with.
EWU was won on a catch that could never...ever...be done again

YSU deserves credit for getting hot and winning late, but I think the reality is that last year and this year YSU are the same team. YSU just caught the right teams the right way starting in week 9-10

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2017, 04:28 PM
And who is to say they won't catch that magic again?

Similar home stretch. And you could almost argue this year's team is better sans the injuries.

Penguin Nation
October 25th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Expert objective pre-game analysis of the upcoming game: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?197916-Illinois-State-Redbirds-(5-2-3-1)-at-Scumbag-U-(3-4-1-3)-10-28-17-2-pm-ET-ESPN3

An insider's perspective of YSU FB recruiting: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?196000-Bo-Pelini-at-National-Signing-Day

penguinpower
October 25th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Nation -you are a libtard

GreenGlasses
October 25th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Let's hope the new Bb coach knows what he is doing.

Jerrod Calhoun built his Fairmont State teams on the backs of DI transfers and WV kids that were overlooked. Once D'Antoni got the Marshall all the overlooked WV Kids were not being overlooked anymore and the 12 DII, 1 DIII and 1 NAIA schools had to start looking for other ways to get kids. You better hope he can recruit DI Kids. Just to let you in on a recruit Calhoun had at YSU in the beginning: DeAundra Murphy is now a walk on at Marshall.

Penguin Nation
October 26th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Nation -you are a libtard

His jersey # is 12 because that's the # of months in juvie? It's definitely not the # of schools foregoing minimal ethical standards enough to recruit him.

clenz
October 26th, 2017, 10:30 AM
And who is to say they won't catch that magic again?

Similar home stretch. And you could almost argue this year's team is better sans the injuries.
Meh.

Prior to last year YSU showed a long history of faltering late in the year. I'm talking sub .500 post week 7 between 06-15. Last year likely was a 100% anomoly, and it caused their fans expectations to sky rocket based on having Cheatervest and Bozo on campus.

ISUr this week is a toss up.
SIU is far from a given, especially with that one on the road - especially against a SIU team that is likely to be right on the playoff bubble yet at 5-4. We saw what they can do vs ISUr in their 42-7 win.

YSU's wins are:
Robert Morris
Central Conneticut State
South Dakota State

RMU and CCSU are NEC teams and can give out a max of 40 scholarships each....and I doubt those two are fully funding those 40. SDSU I'm not sold on being a quality win yet either as their wins are Duquense, Montana State, Drake, Missouri State and SIU. They have played 1 current top half team in conference play and they lost (UNI). The way they've been playing it's not unrealistic to think SDSU finishes 7-4 or 6-5

Sure, YSU is close in many of these games but they aren't winning them.

I've long said that good teams find ways to win close games. Bad teams find excuses for not winning close games.

As UNI fans we should know that all too well. Look at how we justified the last 6 years. We weren't a good team. We weren't a good program. Yet we tried to justify it.

Reign of Terrier
October 26th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Or...

Hear me out...

YSU wasn't really as good as they played the last quarter of last year.

Mabye YSU caught a hot streak, got a few friendly bounces along the way in the playoffs, and this is who YSU is?

I know many of you will fight me on that, but.....

10/15/16 - beat UNI 14-10 but didn't hold their first lead until 58 seconds left in the game and looked absolutely trast
10/22/16 - lost by 2 scores to SDSU
10/29/16 - beat Indiana State by just 3 (13-10) and trailed 10-6 halfway through the 4th
11/5/16 - lost 24-3 to NDSU

YSU went on to win their next 6 but lets look at that 6

21-14 over Southern Illinois...3 win SIU took YSU to the brink in that one, game was tied with less than 5 min left....just as 5 win UNI and 4 win ISUb.
64-20 over Missouri State - just a garbage team

Good win over an okay Samford team
I'll give you the JSU win
Wofford was a 2 OT game and YSU needed a last second FG to force OT to begin with.
EWU was won on a catch that could never...ever...be done again

YSU deserves credit for getting hot and winning late, but I think the reality is that last year and this year YSU are the same team. YSU just caught the right teams the right way starting in week 9-10

Worth mentioning that Wofford missed an extra point and a potential game winning FG in this one. It was 20-30 degrees colder than what the terriers were used to (<30 degrees in Youngstown compared to Spartanburg) and it definitely effected special teams. Not saying it excuses anything on Wofford's end, but I buy this theory that YSU caught fire.

There are dozens of teams who were/are on the razor's edge of making the playoffs/winning a conference championship/advancing in the playoffs. Coming close is great for calculating averages for the computer rankings, but that's about it.

The Yo Show
October 26th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Meh.

Prior to last year YSU showed a long history of faltering late in the year. I'm talking sub .500 post week 7 between 06-15. Last year likely was a 100% anomoly, and it caused their fans expectations to sky rocket based on having Cheatervest and Bozo on campus.

ISUr this week is a toss up.
SIU is far from a given, especially with that one on the road - especially against a SIU team that is likely to be right on the playoff bubble yet at 5-4. We saw what they can do vs ISUr in their 42-7 win.

YSU's wins are:
Robert Morris
Central Conneticut State
South Dakota State

RMU and CCSU are NEC teams and can give out a max of 40 scholarships each....and I doubt those two are fully funding those 40. SDSU I'm not sold on being a quality win yet either as their wins are Duquense, Montana State, Drake, Missouri State and SIU. They have played 1 current top half team in conference play and they lost (UNI). The way they've been playing it's not unrealistic to think SDSU finishes 7-4 or 6-5

Sure, YSU is close in many of these games but they aren't winning them.

I've long said that good teams find ways to win close games. Bad teams find excuses for not winning close games.

As UNI fans we should know that all too well. Look at how we justified the last 6 years. We weren't a good team. We weren't a good program. Yet we tried to justify it.

So last year YSU won a lot of close games, and "Good teams find ways to win close games". BUT YSU last year was not a good team and was just on a "hot streak"?

I'm not going to disagree there was luck there, especially Eastern Washington, but the other thing I would argue is that YSU was bad in the first half the year because we didn't have Wells, and Ricky got injured last year too. Bring Wells back in, and you see the results at the end of the year in the playoffs.

Luck obviously can be a factor in any game, as a ball bounce here and there ect. Not discounting it, just trying to understand how these two statements match. I would say that the Wells impact was much bigger.

Reign of Terrier
October 26th, 2017, 01:32 PM
You have to be lucky to make it far in the playoffs. Being good helps, but luck at times separates a win from a loss. That's not true just for YSU, but everyone (even NDSU on some years)

ST_Lawson
October 26th, 2017, 02:25 PM
You have to be lucky to make it far in the playoffs. Being good helps, but luck at times separates a win from a loss. That's not true just for YSU, but everyone (even NDSU on some years)

Sometimes even just to make it into the playoffs (like us in 2015).

WCU-Cats!
October 26th, 2017, 02:47 PM
ysu should not be ranked, they have failed all tests this season so far

The Yo Show
October 26th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Well, WCU I didn't rank them this week in my poll. So there is that, and we are in agreement.

NDSUpporter
October 26th, 2017, 04:45 PM
ysu should not be ranked, they have failed all tests this season so far

I agree to that at this point in the season. However, I've tuned into all of their available games (via ESPN3) and still believe they are far better (potential wise) than their record indicates. Barring anymore injuries to key players, I think all four games of their remaining schedule are very winnable. I believe they will be ranked higher than they are now at seasons end and definitely make the playoffs. As a Bison fan, I do not want to have to play them again after escaping with an OT win at the Ice Castle. I believe South Dakota and UNI fans probably share the same sentiment about YSU too.

ysubigred
October 27th, 2017, 08:56 AM
I agree to that at this point in the season. However, I've tuned into all of their available games (via ESPN3) and still believe they are far better (potential wise) than their record indicates. Barring anymore injuries to key players, I think all four games of their remaining schedule are very winnable. I believe they will be ranked higher than they are now at seasons end and definitely make the playoffs. As a Bison fan, I do not want to have to play them again after escaping with an OT win at the Ice Castle. I believe South Dakota and UNI fans probably share the same sentiment about YSU too.

"IF" YSU did not lose two key players Wells and Reed they'd be sitting 6-1 xtwocentsx

Penguin Nation
October 27th, 2017, 09:38 AM
"IF" my aunt had balls and a dipping rod she'd be my uncle.

Penguin Nation
October 27th, 2017, 09:41 AM
IF only chickens with lasers attached to their helmets invaded the opponents locker rooms, YSU would be undefeated.

clenz
October 27th, 2017, 09:49 AM
If worms had machine guns, birds would be scared of them

Paladin1aa
October 27th, 2017, 10:20 AM
"If" by David Gates and Bread was a favorite tune of mine.

Houndawg
October 27th, 2017, 03:30 PM
If a frog had wings he wouldn't whomp his ass a-hoppin'..

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Today's game with I'll. St. Puts my point front and center. YSU has injuries but yet has recruited poorly, so the backups are no match for MVFC play and this is the transitional year as Wolfs players are gone next year (except for Wiggin). Here's come loss #5 as I projected, now for injuries.

Maybe it's me, but watching this game telegraphs the layers are NOT playing for the coaches. Poor effort in addition to being marginal players.

But I'm sure the clueless cheerleaders will disagree. Kill the messenger and ignore the message.

The Yo Show
October 28th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Very poor showing by the guins. That's the season. I think they have at least 1 more loss coming this year.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2017, 03:15 PM
SIU is a possible loss for a losing season record, the second in Bozos 3years. Probably need more rapists.

ysubigred
October 28th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Great showing by the Red Birds!

Good luck the rest of the year xbowx

Penguin Nation
October 28th, 2017, 03:57 PM
I think the Academy for Rapists actually could still make the playoffs with 3 straight convincing wins and a 6-5 record. Improbable, but possible. SIU crushed ISUr....so that's possibly another L.

Also, this beating on homecoming no less underlines the point of the post. This is a team in decline. Bo has done much harm to the program in many ways.

Redbird 4th & short
October 28th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Great showing by the Red Birds!

Good luck the rest of the year xbowx

Thanks, but if we're being honest .. we caught you guys at right time. YSU is (or was) a much better team than they showed today. Injuries and tough schedule took a toll. I always believed we macthed up very well with YSU and would win .. but this was not the same YSU team it was a few weeks ago. Not trying to console anyone .. just recognizing this for what it was.

That said, our OC has finally figured our how to game plan given our OL and WR issues. The last 2 weeks on offense, we have gone back to basics with focus on run game. Taking some pressure of our young (and injured) OL, and they are right back on track. Today we had 50 carries for 300 yards and thrwew just 10 times .. cool and rainy was part of reasion, but we were going to focus in rn game regardless .. just like last week when we got 47 carries for 331 yards against USD, only threw 19 times. Our OL is settling in again and gaining confidence. Our OC is redeeming himself after 2 horrible weeks against NAU and SIU. And Spack has his team back aftercompletely losing them for SIU game.

ysubigred
October 28th, 2017, 04:01 PM
If we're being honest .. we caught you guys at right time. YSU is (or was) a much better team than they showed today. Injuries and tough schedule took a toll. I always believed we macthed up very well with YSU and would win .. but this was not the same YSU team it was a few weeks ago. Not trying to console anyone .. just recognizing this for what it was.

That said, our OC has finally figured our how to game plan given our OL and WR issues. The last 2 weeks on offense, we have gone back to basics with focus on run game. Taking some pressure of our young (and injured) OL, and they are right back on track. Today we had 50 carries for 300 yards and thrwew just 10 times .. cool and rainy was part of reasion, but we were going to focus in rn game regardless .. just like last week when we got 47 carries for 331 yards against USD, only threw 19 times. Our OL is settling in again and gaining confidence. Our OC is redeeming himself after 2 horrible weeks against NAU and SIU. And Spack has his team back aftercompletely losing them for SIU game.

Thanks, your team has always been a class act team in my book. Like they say on Any given Saturday and lately YSU's Saturdays have been really tough.

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2017, 04:18 PM
LOL, Nation. You can't get beat at home 35-0, be 6-5 and make the playoffs.Cmon now.

and I'm tired of hearing YSU was better. I believe NDSU did not play well vs YSU and their coach played too conservative, taking their aggressiveness away. Other than beating a couple of weenies early, YSU has nothing to show for being good team. Injuries also happen to everyone. The strength of your recruiting or lack thereof shows when you play up your subs. YSU is soon to be a bad program with Bozo in charge because he can't recruit. This ain't Nebraska.

centennial
October 28th, 2017, 04:39 PM
LOL, Nation. You can't get beat at home 35-0, be 6-5 and make the playoffs.Cmon now.

and I'm tired of hearing YSU was better. I believe NDSU did not play well vs YSU and their coach played too conservative, taking their aggressiveness away. Other than beating a couple of weenies early, YSU has nothing to show for being good team. Injuries also happen to everyone. The strength of your recruiting or lack thereof shows when you play up your subs. YSU is soon to be a bad program with Bozo in charge because he can't recruit. This ain't Nebraska.

Depth does seem like an issue for YSU. Your o line was terrible all game.

Redbird 4th & short
October 28th, 2017, 05:32 PM

So lose by just 7 at Pitt in OT. Beat SDSU by 12. Lose by just 3 in OT to NDSU. Lose by just 3 at USD who was killing everyoe until YSU and us. Then lose by 5 to a surgant UNI team. Not enought body of work for a team who lost many many studs after Natty run last year ? I don;t think yourelooing at this objectively . but yes, the wheels have fallen off now .. like you seem to hope it would.

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Unbelievable drop off for YSU. Really disappointing play by them for sure. Bye bye top 25.

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2017, 08:28 PM
So lose by just 7 at Pitt in OT. Beat SDSU by 12. Lose by just 3 in OT to NDSU. Lose by just 3 at USD who was killing everyoe until YSU and us. Then lose by 5 to a surgant UNI team. Not enought body of work for a team who lost many many studs after Natty run last year ? I don;t think yourelooing at this objectively . but yes, the wheels have fallen off now .. like you seem to hope it would.
It doesn't matter how close their losses are the only win even close to quality they'll have is SDSU and that just won't be enough. There's going to be an 8-3 team from the SLC or several 7-4 teams from the CAA/Big Sky that'll have the jump on them.

Of course that's assuming they can win their last 3 which, given their performance today (especially from the QB position), isn't all that likely anymore.

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Bo is not happy... among other things called his team the worst that he's ever seen on a football field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-TPbGKDj4

Penguin Nation
October 29th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Bo is not happy... among other things called his team the worst that he's ever seen on a football field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-TPbGKDj4

Wait....did the only D1 HC who actively recruits gang rapists say the team has no "character"?

Bo: "This is the most disgusted I've ever been." My sentiments exactly you low life scumbag. You are the "embarrassment." You've turned my alma mater into a rapist sanctuary.

There's no better way to improve morale and performance then to publicly torch your team that you (mostly) recruited, conditioned, and mentored. As the saying goes, "The beatings will stop once morale improves."

If a player hasn't checked out yet, watching this video should do it. I hope potential recruits see this as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Unbelievable drop off for YSU. Really disappointing play by them for sure. Bye bye top 25.

Post NDSU game letdown?

Looked like a Wolford coached YSU team after watching that game.

Penguin Nation
October 29th, 2017, 08:25 AM
The Vindy comments are usually very negative in YSU articles, with frequent references to the rapist. Lots of disappointment in the community. From this morning's Vindy:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/oct/29/penguins-hit-rock-bottom/

http://www.vindy.com/news/2017/oct/29/ysus-972-penguins-waddle-world-history/

Paladin1aa
October 29th, 2017, 09:19 AM
It's FINALLY donning on the YSU board what they really have this year. My question is why did it take you so long to realize it ? And take a GOOD look what's left after Wolfs players leave this year. Is the cupboard bare ? You were warned for three years after each class was recruited that it was average at best and worse as a standard. Pelini -- the master recruiter. LOL

Might need a few more rapists.

Redbird 4th & short
October 29th, 2017, 09:48 AM
It doesn't matter how close their losses are the only win even close to quality they'll have is SDSU and that just won't be enough. There's going to be an 8-3 team from the SLC or several 7-4 teams from the CAA/Big Sky that'll have the jump on them.

Of course that's assuming they can win their last 3 which, given their performance today (especially from the QB position), isn't all that likely anymore.
I'm not arguing they are a very good team now, nor that they should make playoffs, nor am i arguing for or against Pelini.

I'm just arguing that given everything they lost from last years team, inarguably the most significant roster losses in MVFC, it is very impressive that for 7 games playing against the toughest SOS in FCS, they were playing like a top 10 team. The resume up until our game was a top 10 resume . if not top 10, most certainly a playoff resume without doubt. But they got very banged up and their limited depth playing against a bunch of very good team has taken a toll .. and now losing confidence, so wheels have fallen off.

Look at my ISUr 3 weeks ago .. we could have been up 43-0 against InSU at half, but left 20 easy points on field 1st half .. then we didn't show up 2nd half, and our weaknesses started to get exposes. Combination of things led to NAU debacle on road. And then Spack started to lose his team for a week while our OC was struggling to adjust to what teams were throwing at us, especially our young banged up OL and WR groups ... and our wheels fell off completely against SIU.

But we have since adjusted .. difference is we have less injuries, and far more depth. So go ahead and blame Pelini for losing his team and having too little depth .Sometimes sh-t happens .. maybe that means Pelini moves on. But none of those things changes fact that they were playing at a top 10 or playoff level up until this week .. Pelini and team deserve lot credit for that .. just like now they are getting blame now that wheels fell off. Injuries and limited depth may prevent them from recovering like we were able to .. but many people here and on Redbird Nation wrote us off after SIU .. football is like that .. any given saturday/sunday .. right ??

Penguin Nation
October 29th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Half of the MVFC was in the top 10 at one point. That's the nature of the conference YSU is in. If the conference schedule has to be arranged so that the top conference opponents need to be spread out, maybe then YSU is not MVFC material. One could argue the schedule unfairly favored YSU in that the pre-postseason schedule was light, and most (3/5) of the first games were home games. Half of the losses in the 4 game losing streak were home games. Maybe YSU just doesn't have the depth, talent and conditioning to sustain an MVFC schedule. There was nothing unfair about the schedule. The conference schedule had conference teams. Maybe a non-NEC OOC schedule would've better prepared them?

Paladin1aa
October 29th, 2017, 10:39 AM
I got a classic for you. YSU has a verbal from the QB at University School in Cleveland. Dual threat QB. Great athlete. 6'2, 180. I'll bet you hear from the fan board this kid solves our QB problem ( and you got a MAJOR one as you have NO QB on the roster now). The fact is he should play another position. He isn't a QB for this level . Limited arm and more a threat running, where he will get killed. Neither skill solves the problem. Yet come NLOID, the hype machine will be out in force, BS the fans again.

penguinpower
October 29th, 2017, 01:44 PM
It is people like you that hide behind a username and take aim on the community, football team and coaches that makes it that much more difficult for the success of the program. you are just a ****ing idiot like Paul Finebaum. You don't know ****.

Lorne_Malvo
October 29th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I got a classic for you. YSU has a verbal from the QB at University School in Cleveland. Dual threat QB. Great athlete. 6'2, 180. I'll bet you hear from the fan board this kid solves our QB problem ( and you got a MAJOR one as you have NO QB on the roster now). The fact is he should play another position. He isn't a QB for this level . Limited arm and more a threat running, where he will get killed. Neither skill solves the problem. Yet come NLOID, the hype machine will be out in force, BS the fans again.

Has he murdered anyone?

Paladin1aa
October 29th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Success of the program ? I'm all for it. But people like you and the other cheerleaders accept an idiot. For an AD who makes terrible mistakes in hiring coaches who destroys programs, runs an athletic dept in the ground and accept mediocrity even when it's pointed out to you the problems you wish to ignore. Then you have a phony coach famous for anger management problems, profane language and isn't good at recruiting who brings in a rapist and sneaked around to do it. After pointing out for almost 20 years what they would do, good or bad, before it even happens, I'd say I know a hell of a lot more than you. My preseason prediction ? 7-4 at best and with injuries, 6-5. They have lost the 5. Go shake your Pom poms. You know nothing.

And who the ***** is Paul Finebaum ?

Lorne_Malvo
October 29th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Go shake your Pom poms. You know nothing.

Have at it Bison fans. ;)

Penguin Nation
October 29th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Has he murdered anyone?

To Bo, that would make him even more of an attractive recruit.

Success of the program ? I'm all for it. But people like you and the other cheerleaders accept an idiot. For an AD who makes terrible mistakes in hiring coaches who destroys programs, runs an athletic dept in the ground and accept mediocrity even when it's pointed out to you the problems you wish to ignore. Then you have a phony coach famous for anger management problems, profane language and isn't good at recruiting who brings in a rapist and sneaked around to do it. After pointing out for almost 20 years what they would do, good or bad, before it even happens, I'd say I know a hell of a lot more than you. My preseason prediction ? 7-4 at best and with injuries, 6-5. They have lost the 5. Go shake your Pom poms. You know nothing.

Lost in all of this is the dissemination of lies and conflicting stories the University fed the community regarding the rapist's recruitment, which was not dissimilar to the Ticketgate scandal.

Penguin Nation
October 29th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Have at it Bison fans. ;)

Alas...multiple correct spellings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pom-pom

I too have been spellchecked by a Bizon fan in the past. :)

Lorne_Malvo
October 29th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Alas...multiple correct spellings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pom-pom

I too have been spellchecked by a Bizon fan in the past. :)

Its a Bisonville thing. :)

Penguin Nation
October 29th, 2017, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=Paladin1aa;2556919
And who the ***** is Paul Finebaum ?[/QUOTE]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1M723mxGjaw (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1M723mxGjaw)

PantherRob82
October 29th, 2017, 02:43 PM
From an outside perspective:

you guys still suck. xlolx

Good run last year. Favorable match-ups, healthy team and some good bounces.

AmsterBison
October 29th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Its a Bisonville thing. :)

Bisonville hates two things: Pom-Poms.

Paladin1aa
October 29th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the clip, Nation. Don't watch much ESPN except for games , so don't know Finebaum. However his message is correct. PP unfortunately is a Trumpite, lol. He's from the backward leather helmet single wing days. xthumbsupx

clenz
October 30th, 2017, 08:02 AM
From an outside perspective:

you guys still suck. xlolx

Good run last year. Favorable match-ups, healthy team and some good bounces.
That's what I said for the last two weeks and I was told - by multiple people - I was wrong.

YSU is now 3-5 and tied for 9th in the MVFC with a 1-4 record with Missery State.

YSU's record vs D1 non-NEC/PFL teams since 2008
2008: 0-3 OOC and 3-5 MVFC
2009: 1-1 OOC and 4-4 MVFC - the 1 OOC win was the final year Northeastern had football
2010: 0-1 OOC and 1-7 MVFC
2011: 0-1 OOC and 4-4 MVFC
2012: 1-0 OOC and 4-4 MVFC
2013: 0-1 OOC and 5-3 MVFC
2014: 0-1 OOC and 4-4 MVFC
2016: 0-1 OOC 6-2 and MVFC - 4-1 in the playoffs
2017: 0-1 OOC and 1-4 in MVFC

Which season is unlike any other?

-In the last decade YSU has cleared .500 twice in conference play.
-They had more wins in the playoffs than they had in the OOC in the last decade combined,hen you take out D2, NEC and PFL teams.
-YSU, outside of MVFC play was 2-10 against D1 full scholarship teams over the last decade...and one of those wins hasn't sponsored football for 8 years.

This is Pelini's third year and it could very well be his second 5-6 season in those three years.

Maybe this is who YSU is. Maybe YSU has never been able to win close games and we should stop viewing them as a power program based on one season. UNI's issues in tight games is made well known by me. Should we look at YSU? Since 2008 YSU is 16-24 in games decided by 8 or less - AND 5 OF THOSE WINS CAME IN 2016. Again, notice one season looking far different than the others?

I thought UNI was bad in 1 score games. Over that same time period UNI is over 60% in 1 score games and I'm appalled by that.

Keep talking all you want about "close losses" and "This team is close" or whatever other excuse you want. The reality is that the 2016 run by YSU does not represent who/what they are as a program. It was very clearly an aberration of them getting/finding/creating every bounce their way. If you want to to say they created every single 1 score game to go their way, every missed FG or anything of that nature? Fine. Have it. YSU dominated in 2016. They've still be average IN THEIR BEST YEARS for the last decade - and bad for most.