Albany:
Elon Won 6-0
Villanova Lost 19-10 (OT)

Series:
Villanova leads 1-0
Last game: 2016 won by Villanova 42-7

th0m
October 22nd, 2017, 10:07 AM
If Villanova can get something going on offense it should be theirs to lose. Also, they're coming off a bye.

wcugrad95
October 22nd, 2017, 10:24 AM
Elon has obviously been a surprise team. Maybe yesterday was their stinker (Any Given Saturday) game. I would expect Elon to play better, but the Nova defense might be too much.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 22nd, 2017, 10:32 AM
Elon has obviously been a surprise team. Maybe yesterday was their stinker (Any Given Saturday) game. I would expect Elon to play better, but the Nova defense might be too much.

Playing Rhody at Rhody always has the potential for weirdness. They always manage to win or produce a scare in a game they shouldn't be competitive in on paper up there. Something about that place just saps the juice out of opponents.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2017, 10:50 AM
Goin' with the Wildcats. Elon has been just getting by in some of their games, but of course, that is what makes for magical seasons. Still I think 'nova a more complete team. 'cats 27-20

Gangtackle11
October 22nd, 2017, 10:58 AM
Elon DC Tony Trisciani was DB coach last few seasons at Nova & DL assistant is former CAA defensive rookie of the year Dylan Lucas. The battle of 3-3-5 defenses.

Starting QB Kyle McCloskey was a big get by Nova. Understand he’s a freshman, but he comes with an NFL pedigree ( Dad is former Penn State, Houston Oiler, & Philly Eagle TE Mike McCloskey) & had a handful of G5 offers.

Its do or die time for Nova. Need to run the table & it starts right here!!

ngineer
October 22nd, 2017, 11:02 AM
Elon DC Tony Trisciani was DB coach last few seasons at Nova & DL assistant is former CAA defensive rookie of the year Dylan Lucas. The battle of 3-3-5 defenses.

McCloskey was a big get by Nova. Understand he’s a freshman, but he comes with an NFL pedigree ( Dad is former Penn State, Houston Oiler, & Philly Eagle TE Mike McCloskey) & had a handful of G5 offers.

Its do or die time for Nova. Need to run the table & it starts right here!!

Trisciani is a good coach. Was at Lehigh one year. I would love to see him in charge of our defense.

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2017, 11:05 AM
Playing Rhody at Rhody always has the potential for weirdness. They always manage to win or produce a scare in a game they shouldn't be competitive in on paper up there. Something about that place just saps the juice out of opponents.

Walking out of the locker room and being able to count how many people are in the stands? 1, 2, 3...

KPSUL
October 22nd, 2017, 11:32 AM
Nova by 14; and considering their offense, that is a blow-out win for them.

Gangtackle11
October 22nd, 2017, 11:41 AM
Nova by 14; and considering their offense, that is a blow-out win for them.

Really depends on the level of the opponents defense. Towson & Maine the back up QB (now the back up again) was able to manage the games to victories. The defense contributed in the 24-9 win at Towson & 31-0 win vs. Maine.

JMU turned up the level of competition big time & our entire offense was useless except for 1 series by McCloskey. My hope is Elon does not present that same JMU heat. .

X-Factor
October 22nd, 2017, 11:53 AM
The Nova defense will singlehandedly win this game

KPSUL
October 22nd, 2017, 11:57 AM
Really depends on the level of the opponents defense. Towson & Maine the back up QB (now the back up again) was able to manage the games to victories. The defense contributed in the 24-9 win at Towson & 31-0 win vs. Maine.

JMU turned up the level of competition big time & our entire offense was useless except for 1 series by McCloskey. My hope is Elon does not present that same JMU heat. .

Your 31-0 win vs Maine will continue to look more impressive as the season goes on. They started with a killer conference schedule, the National/CAA Champs, and the 2 teams tied for 2nd in the 2016 CAA in the their 1st 3 games - all on the road. I think they will end up .500 in conference play. As things are shaping up, they may end up with the toughest conference schedule in the CAA with games remaining with DE and SB.

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2017, 12:00 PM
Elon has a middle of the pack, maybe even slightly lower end caa defense. VU has the defensive edge. If they can score 20, wildcats will win.

katss07
October 22nd, 2017, 12:02 PM
As big of a surprise as Elon has been, I expect Nova to win this game.

jmufan999
October 22nd, 2017, 12:29 PM
i’m honestly not sure how Elon scores more than say, 10 points. Nova’s offense is not amazing, but i have to think they can hit 20 against Elon. just limit turnovers and the Cats should win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2017, 03:03 PM
Delaware fans should get behind upstart Elon for this game but I think Elon is due for a loss

Nova will have to die another day

whoanellie
October 22nd, 2017, 08:17 PM
there were no expectations for Elon pre-season, however, We have managed to get into a conversation of a matchup in our 8th week.
This team will play with a lot of heart and passion. Young with a bit of experience in some key places. Special teams have been the difference.
The CAA is brutal. I think We bELONg.

fc97
October 22nd, 2017, 09:04 PM
All the guys here are right. We've done just enough to win some key games. That was with Summers in the game. We have a middle to lower end defense. Really young. This has the recipe for a loss. Nova has a great D. So they'll stop out young O. And our D being young and inconsistent won't be able to hold. I say we lose by 14-21 points.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2017, 09:22 PM
Delaware fans should get behind upstart Elon for this game but I think Elon is due for a loss

Nova will have to die another day

I'm guessing you think/hope that day will be November 18th, right? ;)

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2017, 09:33 PM
I'm guessing you think/hope that day will be November 18th, right? ;)

True confession

not really if Elon can take Nova out that's fine with me

I have all the respect in the world for what Tally did at the basketball school, truly remarkable and I really enjoyed your 2009 run, that Matt Szcur was a joy to watch and the quarterback that year whose name I forgot was a tough cookie

but you really should've beat Eastern Washington in the semi final in 2010

bluehenbillk
October 23rd, 2017, 08:23 AM
Question for the Nova fan(s):

What's up with tailgating this year, I heard there is parking garage construction across Lancaster Ave?

Gangtackle11
October 23rd, 2017, 08:37 AM
Question for the Nova fan(s):

What's up with tailgating this year, I heard there is parking garage construction across Lancaster Ave?

Nova is the worst place for visiting teams to tailgate. The township is equally as tough on tailgating.

There is construction in the lots across from the stadium. In the past, they have allowed tailgating in the Law school Lot.

I’ll try to find out, but it’s tough place for visiting teams for sure.

KPSUL
October 23rd, 2017, 11:57 AM
Nova is the worst place for visiting teams to tailgate. The township is equally as tough on tailgating.

There is construction in the lots across from the stadium. In the past, they have allowed tailgating in the Law school Lot.

If you don't offer visiting fans tailgating space you should be assessed two 15 yard penalties to be awarded to the visiting team at a game time of their choosing.

caribbeanhen
October 23rd, 2017, 12:04 PM

Since when did you guys get a stadium ? xpeacex

Gangtackle11
October 23rd, 2017, 04:37 PM
Since when did you guys get a stadium ? xpeacex

Ok. I’m glad Delaware fans think they are back. It’s good for the FCS, good for the CAA, & it’s OK for Villanova, but let’s not get ahead of your skis on a few fronts.

Fact is:

Delaware has a better stadium.
Delaware has a better tailgate experience (although I’m not sure my tail gates in a tire center parking lot in Newark is a huge advantage)

Thats where it ends gents:

Defense:
Villanova (15.6) beats Delaware (17.0) scoring defense. Delaware is 4th in CAA not the FCS.
#2 Villanova (288.6) beats #6 Delaware (309.0) in yards allowed.
Note:
Delaware is 6th in CAA not the FCS.

Please stop telling the AGS community that this defense is among the best of the FCS. No one who pays close attention believes it.

Enough with Delaware Dan’s kids (Prince William & Prince Harry).

O-V-E-R R-A-T-E-D

Series:
Villanova 28-21-1
Villanova has won 10 of last 11.

So the big bad Delaware may think they are back, but the reality is they aren’t there just yet.

The basketball school with the crummy stadium & lousy tailgate lots have own them. Own them in the decade & in the long history of the schools.

Take a bow Delaware. Glad you are off the garbage heap, but stop with pushing a national agenda until you beat the school you love to mock for lack of fans, stadium, tail gates, etc.

In the end, you just don’t measure up most seasons to the Wildcats.

Hopefully, this becomes a rivalry again, but until you win a few it’s not much more than a tune up for the playoffs or our last game in seasons we slip,

GT11 drops the mike.

xpeacex

PS: please don’t response with your championships from decades ago. The only guys who remember them are you guys who came over from
Gohens.net xpeacex AKA Fossil Blue hens

Gangtackle11
October 23rd, 2017, 04:45 PM
Now back to the Elon game......

caribbeanhen
October 23rd, 2017, 05:52 PM
Gangtackle, never make fun of the Royal Reeder family or they will gangtackle you

as for your biased stats, you forgot to mention that Delaware has played some of the most high-powered offenses fueled by the most talented quarterback's at the FCS level

Please post James Madison's offensive stats

Please post Richmonds offensive stats

and please post the stats of how they did against Delaware's defense when compared to it other opponents

Didn't Virginia Tech just put up 59 points on North Carolina

they only scored 20 against Delaware one of those scores was a punt return

Ask the Richmond coach what he said leading up to the game about the
Delaware defense, he said it's the best he's seen on film by far this year
and I'm pretty sure he is not influenced by my posts so don't worry too much about
what I post here on AGS. Haha

and sometimes it's much more than about stats, passing the eyeball test works

we are 5-2 and it's not because of our offense

Staying healthy from this point forward will be critical, The last three games, all wins by the way,
were played minus 3 starters, and now we might be down 5

Gangtackle11
October 23rd, 2017, 06:48 PM
Gangtackle, never make fun of the Royal Reeder family or they will gangtackle you

as for your biased stats, you forgot to mention that Delaware has played some of the most high-powered offenses fueled by the most talented quarterback's at the FCS level

Please post James Madison's offensive stats

Please post Richmonds offensive stats

and please post the stats of how they did against Delaware's defense when compared to it other opponents

Didn't Virginia Tech just put up 59 points on North Carolina

they only scored 20 against Delaware one of those scores was a punt return

Ask the Richmond coach what he said leading up to the game about the
Delaware defense, he said it's the best he's seen on film by far this year
and I'm pretty sure he is not influenced by my posts so don't worry too much about
what I post here on AGS. Haha

and sometimes it's much more than about stats, passing the eyeball test works

we are 5-2 and it's not because of our offense

Staying healthy from this point forward will be critical, The last three games, all wins by the way,
were played minus 3 starters, and now we might be down 5

carrib.....you know I side with you on several AGS topics. Do U want me to post Cornell & Delaware State also?

I like your defense, but let’s not get crazy. I can make an argument for Nova & I don’t think I have to include JMU since there isn’t one there. JMU is the best. Nova/Delaware are Tbd for #2 in the CAA.

We are 4-3 & it’s not because of our offense either. We haven’t beaten anybody worth mentioning unless you like Maine.

You have 3 good wins over Richmond, SB, and maybe W&M. 2 joke wins over Delaware State & Cornell. Don’t try to sell it for more than it is.

That said I fully expect this year’s winner of Battle of the Blue to have no more than 14 points or less.

Date
Opponent
no.
yds
td
lg
no.
yds
td
lg
c-a-i
yds
td
lg
no.
yds
td
lg
no.
yds
td
lg
off

Aug 31, 2017
DELAWARE STATE
12-28-1

Sep 09, 2017
at Virginia Tech
16-29-0

Sep 16, 2017
CORNELL
24-37-4

Sep 30, 2017
JAMES MADISON
10-19-1

Oct. 7, 2017
at Stony Brook
23-36-0

Oct 14, 2017
WILLIAM & MARY
18-36-2

Oct 21, 2017
RICHMOND
23-40-2

Opponent totals

126-225-10 (tel:126-225-10)

Delaware

78-156-7

caribbeanhen
October 23rd, 2017, 07:39 PM
No worries gangtackle, I'm not all hot and bothered

I was just a little taken back by your ambush considering all the love I threw out for Villanova on the previous pageant

Honestly it's just nice to be back in the discussion again

of course I'm throwing some hype out there about The Delaware D but at the same time I think you're underestimating them just a bit

I think you are correct when you say Colby is the better athlete than his brother Troy, but never underestimate a member of the royal family

ok, now back to Elon

RootinFerDukes
October 23rd, 2017, 08:05 PM
I’m just over here with my popcorn enjoying these internet fights. Don’t mind me.

Gangtackle11
October 23rd, 2017, 08:11 PM
I’m just over here with my popcorn enjoying these internet fights. Don’t mind me.

Nah....I don’t mind Carrib, but he took a shot at my squad’s home & fan(s). Have to defend my boys.....

cx500d
October 23rd, 2017, 08:12 PM
One way or another Elon will make a statement in this game

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2017, 05:40 AM
Villanova -13 (O/U 35)

phoenix3
October 24th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Villanova -13 (O/U 35)
Furman -16.5
Charleston Southern -15.5
Richmond -18.5
Albany -7.5

Not predictin, just sayin

Elon1985
October 24th, 2017, 07:54 AM
I won't predict who will win this game, but it ought to be a good one. VU fighting for its playoff life in some ways, Elon sitting at a very, very surprising 6-1. How will Elon handle the pressure that has to be building given the unexpected (by fans anyway) success? The team finds ways to win, several of the games could have turned out differently, but Elon still managed wins. Do the Elon players feel like an underdog still, or can they prove it on the field?

I don't know. I thought Elon would be more competitive this season, I wasn't expecting this level of success this quickly.

All in all, regardless of outcome, it should prove a great game.

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Furman -16.5
Charleston Southern -15.5
Richmond -18.5
Albany -7.5

Not predictin, just sayin

Neither was I.

phoenix3
October 24th, 2017, 10:00 AM
One way or another Elon will make a statement in this game
Yep, I agree.

vutomcat
October 24th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Louie Caszar comes back for the Elon game according to Coach Ferrante. Nice to get one of the eight injured starters back...

BNATION
October 24th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Cmon Vill. Would like to see a upset here!

Reign of Terrier
October 24th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I'm a little lazy and not looking up total D1 wins by either team or who they play for the remainder of the season.

My question is: would you consider this a playoff elimination game?

Reign of Terrier
October 24th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Villanova -13 (O/U 35)

That's not a very good spread for Villanova; 24-11 is the prediction, basically, which leaves one not to be confident if you're Nova because you just need a below average day on offense and Elon is right there with you in the fourth quarter.

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2017, 12:09 PM
I'm a little lazy and not looking up total D1 wins by either team or who they play for the remainder of the season.

Nova need to run the table unless you think their 7-4 record is playoff worthy? I don’t.

Elon at 6-1 still has life even with a loss.

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2017, 12:10 PM
That's not a very good spread for Villanova; 24-11 is the prediction, basically, which leaves one not to be confident if you're Nova because you just need a below average day on offense and Elon is right there with you in the fourth quarter.

At this point I’ll take 2-0. Win & move to the next one.

jmufan999
October 24th, 2017, 12:20 PM

not a playoff elimination, but I would think they'd either need to win this one or at UNH. Durham is a really tough place to play, so it's going to be very dicey if Elon loses to Nova. Nova shuts down everyone's running game, so Cheek is going to have to pass. that's a really difficult assignment for a freshman on the road.

phoenix3
October 24th, 2017, 12:58 PM
not a playoff elimination, but I would think they'd either need to win this one or at UNH. Durham is a really tough place to play, so it's going to be very dicey if Elon loses to Nova. Nova shuts down everyone's running game, so Cheek is going to have to pass. that's a really difficult assignment for a freshman on the road.
Cheek has thrown over 300 yards twice this season, both were on the road, so it's not like he isn't capable of having a big day. I think it's going to come down to how well Elon's OLine performs. If Nova gets a lot of pressure on Cheek, it could be a long day for the Phoenix. So far in conference play Elon has allowed the second fewest number of sacks and Nova has committed the second fewest number of sacks. (Taking into account the CAA teams each has played, that really doesn't mean much). At the beginning of the season, I considered this game to be one of two we were least likely to win. Back then I was hoping for a 4 win season. Obviously a lot has changed since then. None of our last 4 games is a cakewalk, but I no longer consider this game unwinnable. I'm expecting a very good game. Too bad it's not on TV.

RootinFerDukes
October 24th, 2017, 01:45 PM

It's not technically a playoff elimination game but it is likely a bubble bursting loss for Villanova. It would then require them to win out with UR and UD on the horizon.

Elon can lose and still make the playoffs. They have more breathing room.

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2017, 01:48 PM
One at a time. It starts with Elon.

Homecoming game also. Should have 8-10k fans which is a lot for Nova as the Delaware guys like to point out.

caribbeanhen
October 24th, 2017, 02:20 PM
One at a time. It starts with Elon.

Homecoming game also. Should have 8-10k fans which is a lot for Nova as the Delaware guys like to point out.

I have never made a joke about Nova fans or there stadium GT11

but I'll take the under on that 8 to 10,000

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2017, 02:24 PM
I have never made a joke about Nova fans or there stadium GT11

but I'll take the under on that 8 to 10,000

Probably a good bet more I think about it. xsmiley_wix

jmufan999
October 24th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Cheek has thrown over 300 yards twice this season, both were on the road, so it's not like he isn't capable of having a big day.

in fairness, those two teams are URI (#78 in pass efficiency defense) and Furman (#101). totally different test here, although i do think Villanova's strength is unquestionably their run defense, especially without Rolle on the back end. and i agree Cheek has played well, i watched the Richmond game and maybe part of one other game, but i'm not sure which one it was. he's got all-CAA talent, he's just young. i'm not positive that he won't make one of the All-CAA teams this year. i'm too lazy to look up all the QB stats.

At the beginning of the season, I considered this game to be one of two we were least likely to win. Back then I was hoping for a 4 win season. Obviously a lot has changed since then. None of our last 4 games is a cakewalk, but I no longer consider this game unwinnable. I'm expecting a very good game. Too bad it's not on TV.

you're exactly right, it's winnable. huge statement win, would easily be the biggest since joining the CAA. would be the biggest win for Elon since ________?

jmufan999
October 24th, 2017, 07:22 PM
i'm not positive that he won't make one of the All-CAA teams this year. i'm too lazy to look up all the QB stats.

ok, i was curious and looked it up. Cheek is 4th in the CAA in passing efficiency, behind Lauletta (9th in FCS), Schor (14th), and Knight (25th). Cheek sits at 28th. Knight's stats are a lot gaudier and he has a better TD:INT ratio, but that's incredibly impressive for a freshman to even be in the conversation. rare.

whoanellie
October 24th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Who wouldn't have scheduled Elon for H/C? Everyone else seems to have made that move.

phoenix3
October 24th, 2017, 10:15 PM
in fairness, those two teams are URI (#78 in pass efficiency defense) and Furman (#101). totally different test here, although i do think Villanova's strength is unquestionably their run defense, especially without Rolle on the back end. and i agree Cheek has played well, i watched the Richmond game and maybe part of one other game, but i'm not sure which one it was. he's got all-CAA talent, he's just young. i'm not positive that he won't make one of the All-CAA teams this year. i'm too lazy to look up all the QB stats.

you're exactly right, it's winnable. huge statement win, would easily be the biggest since joining the CAA. would be the biggest win for Elon since ________?
All true, but Villanova is 84th in passing yards allowed. Not as bad as Furman at 94th and URI at 102, but not great.

Beating Villanova would be similar to beating #21 Georgia Southern in 2007 when we were unranked, and beating #7 Wofford the very next game. I'll choose not to count my chickens before they hatch though.

Gangtackle11
October 24th, 2017, 11:40 PM
All true, but Villanova is 84th in passing yards allowed. Not as bad as Furman at 94th and URI at 102, but not great.

Beating Villanova would be similar to beating #21 Georgia Southern in 2007 when we were unranked, and beating #7 Wofford the very next game. I'll choose not to count my chickens before they hatch though.

This is true. It’s a bit skewed as Lehigh threw for 406 yards in the opener. Temple & JMU only other teams with more than 250.

What you will find if Nova is on their game is that they will make you one dimensional on offense. Teams have rushed 200 times for 345 yards (1.7 ave.) The best so far is Albany with 36 for 95.

What has happened is with no run game the back 8 have been opportunistic and created turnovers in their wins. You can win by not running the ball, but count on taking care of it.

RootinFerDukes
October 25th, 2017, 05:35 AM
If Elon is going to win, they’re going to have to succeed with short to mid-range passing in all likelihood. You’re not going to have any rushing success against that VU front.

jmufan999
October 25th, 2017, 10:39 AM

meh, I don't look at passing yards/game. same way I don't necessarily look at rushing yards per game. I like passing efficiency defense and yards per carry. if you look at pass yds/game, hard to know how well the team is doing because volume can vary wildly. if you play EWU, they're really not going to run the ball a whole lot. if you play Wofford, they rarely throw. pass efficiency gives you a clearer picture.

bluehenbillk
October 26th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Any tailgating update at Villanova?

Gangtackle11
October 26th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Any tailgating update at Villanova?

Not yet. Nothing on our website. Got some feelers out.

bluehenbillk
October 27th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I know most people don't there, but don't you go to the games? I assume you're not local to Philly....

Gangtackle11
October 27th, 2017, 10:54 AM
I know most people don't there, but don't you go to the games? I assume you're not local to Philly....

I have never tailgated with the visiting team @ Nova. Nova tailgates are behind the visitors stands. I’m there early enough that I don’t have the interest or desire to seek out visitors tail gates. The lot Im in sometimes has open spots on game day for $20. Just that it’s all Nova back there most days.

You can call the ticket office, but as you probably already know Nova nor Radnor Township don’t appear to care about visitors game day experience. Want to take me to task for that. So be it. xpeacex

Ps: I’m not local to Philly, but do go to most Nova games.

Gangtackle11
October 27th, 2017, 01:10 PM
http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102617aaa.html

Nova09
October 27th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Ahhhhh, bye week's tough--but we needed it. Hopefully McCloskey got the reps needed to be the savior of '17. Even if he's just a "game manager" at this point I don't see Elon as currently constructed coming in and getting a win.

Putting our 90-0 home shutout on the line tomorrow

iBOsbu
October 27th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Nova wins easily. Elon is overrated. Too bad we don't play them this year.

Nova09
October 28th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Early 4th, Nova with lead and ball but Elon has field position

Nova09
October 28th, 2017, 04:48 PM
It's that weird time where id rather be up 3 than 4, force a fg rather than 4th down conversion if it comes to it. Of course I change my mind if we kick a fg

Nova09
October 28th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Elon td for lead

Gangtackle11
October 28th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Well. Season is official a dumpster fire. Can’t see how Delaware Sam Venuto stays with the offense he puts out every week. Defense wasn’t it’s best, but Nova offense is just putrid.

4-4. No way this team makes the playoffs. Elon wanted it more & they got it done.

Congrats Elon.

iBOsbu
October 28th, 2017, 05:30 PM

Changed my mind ;) glad we don't play them this year.

CHIP72
October 28th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Elon wins 19-14.

I’ve thought ever since the Albany game and to some degree since the Temple game (after seeing both Temple and Lehigh be nowhere as good as expected this season) that Villanova is only so-so this year. If some of the Wildcats’ previous games didn’t clue people in, Albany’s loss to Rhode Island today should have. (Speaking of Rhode Island, though I expect VU to win that game, it isn’t a lock.) Villanova is obviously poor on offense, and their offensive problems are wasting the efforts of a strong Wildcats defense this year.

whoanellie
October 28th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Elon Wins against the Great Villanova D Who had the D? 7 wins by a total of 28 points happy homecoming post-game meal Cheese Steaks

CHIP72
October 28th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Elon Wins against the Great Villanova D Who had the D? 7 wins by a total of 28 points happy homecoming post-game meal Cheese Steaks

I don’t which cheesesteak places near Villanova are good, but if you are staying in Center City Philadelphia, Steve’s Prince of Steaks near 16th and Chestnut is very good. Tony Luke’s in south Philadelphia near Front and Oregon is also awesome.

kdinva
October 28th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Elon Wins against the Great Villanova D .....post-game meal Cheese Steaks

Wow for Elon.......way to go, keep it going.....xbeerchugx

ElonFirefighter
October 28th, 2017, 05:48 PM
I said it before in another thread we play to the team. Every game is a heartatrack. That's why I didn't read too much into RI

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
October 28th, 2017, 06:47 PM
I said it before in another thread we play to the team. Every game is a heartatrack. That's why I didn't read too much into RI

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TapatalkCongrats Elon FF...3 more games and then the playoffs (hopefully in Burlington)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ElonFirefighter
October 28th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Congrats Elon FF...3 more games and then the playoffs (hopefully in Burlington)

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkIf we win out to JMU I would think we would be a ranked team.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

cx500d
October 28th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Congrats Elon!

citdog
October 28th, 2017, 07:49 PM
A great season so far for e lon

the le high of The South.

Southern Bison
October 28th, 2017, 07:53 PM
If we win out to JMU I would think we would be a ranked team.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TapatalkIf you win out & beat JMU, no question. If your last 3 games are 2-1 with a close loss to JMU, still a shot at a 7 or 8 seed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ngineer
October 28th, 2017, 11:51 PM
A great season so far for e lon

the le high of The South.

Not so. Elon has a defense. Congrats to the Phoenix. A great season so far.

WestCoastAggie
October 29th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Is Elon top 5 worthy?

Grandpa
October 29th, 2017, 06:33 AM

Overrated? Really? Ask Richmond, Villanova and Albany how much we are overrated.

Gangtackle11
October 29th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Overrated? Really? Ask Richmond, Villanova and Albany how much we are overrated.

Congrats to Elon. The overrated isn’t on Elon. The overrated were Richmond and for sure Villanova.

Elon picked on our back up corner all game. Big plays all day coming in that matchup. Smart coaches taking advantage of the matchup and Elon kids playing with a will to win.

Nova players didn’t seem to want it as bad as the Elon players did. The Elon coaches won the game of strategy.

GL to Elon players & coaching staff who turned this around in short time.

caribbeanhen
October 29th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Congrats to Elon. The overrated isn’t on Elon. The overrated were Richmond and for sure Villanova.

Elon picked on our back up corner all game. Big plays all day coming in that matchup. Smart coaches taking advantage of the matchup and Elon kids playing with a will to win.

Nova players didn’t seem to want it as bad as the Elon players did. The Elon coaches won the game of strategy.

GL to Elon players & coaching staff who turned this around in short time.

several hen fans are commenting that we should've grabbed Cignetti

Rocco could've wrote a book yesterday titled how to lose a football game

Grandpa
October 29th, 2017, 07:58 AM
several hen fans are commenting that we should've grabbed Cignetti

Rocco could've wrote a book yesterday titled how to lose a football game

Cignetti and his staff have done an incredible job. He hired assistants that’s know how to win + he had the whereiwthal to retain the OL coach. The OL has embarrassed several highly touted DLs this year.