PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 8 2017

superman7515
October 22nd, 2017, 02:58 AM
Everything is updated except those columns denoted with *** in the header. Our first teams with 7 D1 wins are beginning to appear, and it looks like 8 weeks in, a few things are finally starting to shake themselves out on the back half of the poll.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11J4smgQtK0fykNg4baNHQ2RvvLO0kp5l5ewtmA7opT4/edit?usp=sharing

If you notice any errors, shoot me a PM.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 07:12 AM
Great work as usual!!

Saves me a lot of time looking up scores.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 07:43 AM
A lot of tough calls this week. What to do with South Dakota, wofford, Youngstown, Illinois State, UNI, NCAT and more.

kdinva
October 22nd, 2017, 08:07 AM
Thank you........another week of shuffling our polls, another Monday of "Why did you do xxxxxxxxxxxx".

wcugrad95
October 22nd, 2017, 09:58 AM
What will be interesting to me is to once again see thought and effort into trying to properly rank teams on here versus the non-sense we'll see in polls like the Coaches and STATS rankings (which I hate to say are the ones that "officially" show up on the NCAA site). But even using the STATS poll from last week, 7 of their top-25 lost and a couple others looked pretty awful in pulling out wins. Generally speaking there are losses because lots of ranked teams play each other at this stage of the season, but this weekend there were several who lost to either unranked teams, or to teams who were ranked signficantly lower. Let the debates begin.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 22nd, 2017, 10:19 AM
A lot of tough calls this week. What to do with South Dakota, wofford, Youngstown, Illinois State, UNI, NCAT and more.

UNI has been doing this every year - stumbling a bit early, then coming out and suddenly winning big games after you've written them off for the season. I think they've earned a spot this week, just not sure where, and they have two huge games in the next two weeks.

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2017, 10:31 AM
Just noticed this when putting my poll together this morning but how do they break the tie if Hampton and NC A&T both finish undefeated in MEAC play? Hampton is 4-0 with remaining games vs NC Central, BCU, and Howard (so still a long way to go) but they don't play NC A&T. Could they get the Celebration Bowl invite through the tie breaker process even if NC A&T goes 11-0? If so, that would steal an at-large from someone since NC A&T would certainly be invited to the playoffs in that scenario.

DirtyDukes
October 22nd, 2017, 10:32 AM
LOL my poll this week. I am more confident in my ability to play golf and I suck at golf.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 10:36 AM
UNI has been doing this every year - stumbling a bit early, then coming out and suddenly winning big games after you've written them off for the season. I think they've earned a spot this week, just not sure where, and they have two huge games in the next two weeks.

Yeah, it gets old. If they hadn’t blown the SUU and WIU games we would be a highly ranked but questionable team.

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2017, 10:37 AM
For the first time since very early in the season I actually had more teams I thought were worthy of being ranked than I had room for in my poll. Seems like for the last month those last few spots were pretty devoid of deserving teams. Not the case this week (for me at least).

ngineer
October 22nd, 2017, 10:43 AM

Agreed. They are one of the most difficult teams to read.

MR. CHICKEN
October 22nd, 2017, 10:44 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26344&stc=1....HOW 'BOUT DELAWARE STATE....xconfusedx.......ENDIN' DUH NATION'S FCS LONGEST LOSIN' DROUGHT @ 17 BIG ONES....SMACKIN' SOUFF CAROLINA STATE.....17-14.....IN FRONT UH 1,270.....HORNET HEADS....CAUGHT BUZZIN' OFF....IN LOT.........AS BULLDAWGS.......BOARDED DUH GREYHOUNDS........xhypedx..........AWK!

ElCid
October 22nd, 2017, 10:49 AM
For the first time since very early in the season I actually had more teams I thought were worthy of being ranked than I had room for in my poll. Seems like for the last month those last few spots were pretty devoid of deserving teams. Not the case this week (for me at least).

Yup

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 11:00 AM
LOL my poll this week. I am more confident in my ability to play golf and I suck at golf.

Me too and I suck at golf. Lots of madness.

RabidRabbit
October 22nd, 2017, 11:11 AM

Richmond, Weber St, SUU, EWU, Grambling, Duquesne, Columbia, Kennesaw St., Monmouth......

Other than In St, MoST in MVFC, who doesn't get top 25 votes out of meat grinder?

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2017, 11:21 AM
I am just grateful that I had teams ranked last week stay where I believe they should be ranked this week. Before this week, the most I had, was 6 teams stay in the same position as the week before. This week, I had 10. I am just grateful there is less fluidity and more stability. I had 1 team drop out and 4 teams fight for one spot in the T25. It came down to UNH, ISUr, SIU, and Furman for me.

WestCoastAggie
October 22nd, 2017, 11:27 AM
Just noticed this when putting my poll together this morning but how do they break the tie if Hampton and NC A&T both finish undefeated in MEAC play? Hampton is 4-0 with remaining games vs NC Central, BCU, and Howard (so still a long way to go) but they don't play NC A&T. Could they get the Celebration Bowl invite through the tie breaker process even if NC A&T goes 11-0? If so, that would steal an at-large from someone since NC A&T would certainly be invited to the playoffs in that scenario.

Aggies would hold the tiebreaker, beating an FBS Charlotte squad.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2017, 11:29 AM
Aggies would hold the tiebreaker, beating an FBS Charlotte squad.

But is Charlotte a D1 team? :D

I ask since if that is the tie breaker, that is awful way to decide who goes to the CB over the other.

wcugrad95
October 22nd, 2017, 11:30 AM
Don't look, but Charlotte actually BEAT another D-I team yesterday (a UAB team that has a winning record).

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2017, 11:33 AM
Don't look, but Charlotte actually BEAT another D-I team yesterday (a UAB team that has a winning record).

They completely disbanded that team due to the Alabama Board and Tuscaloosa being complete dicks all the way around. I would give UAB 2 more season before we can count them as a full D1 team since they had to completely rebuild their team after a 2 year "hiatus".

wcugrad95
October 22nd, 2017, 11:37 AM
Aware of the unbelievable story around the UAB program. But they have won 4 games (3 against other FBS teams) this season. I thought UNCC and Georgia Southern were right there for worst teams in all FBS-land, but UNCC did find an OT win over the Blazers. Doesn't move the 49ers up anybody's boards, though :)

WileECoyote06
October 22nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
But is Charlotte a D1 team? :D

I ask since if that is the tie breaker, that is awful way to decide who goes to the CB over the other.

FBS wins and FCS OOC wins. A&T defeated Gardner-Webb. Hampton didn't defeat Monmouth, but the game went to OT.

katss07
October 22nd, 2017, 12:23 PM
Could UCA move into the top 4 in the STATS poll?

Is the playoff committee doing the weekly top 10 thing again this season? If so when is their first ranking release?

superman7515
October 22nd, 2017, 01:17 PM
Sagarin/Massey/SOS has been updated.

Dukie95
October 22nd, 2017, 01:48 PM
Do the different shades of green mean anything? NDSU appears to be darker than JMU and NCA&T.

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2017, 01:50 PM
Do the different shades of green mean anything? NDSU appears to be darker than JMU and NCA&T.

It’s the “guaranteed the #1 seed because they’re going undefeated in the MVFC” shade of green. We’re just going to have to deal with it.

dbackjon
October 22nd, 2017, 01:59 PM
NAU and SUU should see big jumps

WestCoastAggie
October 22nd, 2017, 02:17 PM
So, how far is Youngstown State falling out of the top 10 this week? Yes, we know they played a tough schedule, but no one on that selection committee is going to grant them a top-8 seed with their resume currently.

They also lost 3 in a row and now need to win out to get to that "magical" 7 win mark.

Also, SELA. They are 4-1 in the SLC, and control their own destiny of sorts playing SHSU and McNeese back to back the next few weeks. They should definitely be in the top 25.

What are the voters' thoughts?

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2017, 02:21 PM
So, how far is Youngstown State falling out of the top 10 this week? Yes, we know they played a tough schedule, but no one on that selection committee is going to grant them a top-8 seed with their resume currently.

They also lost 3 in a row and now need to win out to get to that "magical" 7 win mark.

I don’t doubt mvfc fans will try to explain away how ysu is really better than they’ve performed, but the reality is they’re not fighting for a top 8 seed, they’re fighting to even make the playoff field.

JSUSoutherner
October 22nd, 2017, 02:26 PM
Can we just suspend the poll a week? I have no freaking clue what to do with my top 10.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 02:27 PM
I don’t doubt mvfc fans will try to explain away how ysu is really better than they’ve performed, but the reality is they’re not fighting for a top 8 seed, they’re fighting to even make the playoff field.

No one is doing to defend YSU after losing 3 straight.

Catatonic

Also, SELA. They are 4-1 in the SLC, and control their own destiny of sorts playing SHSU and McNeese back to back the next few weeks. They should definitely be in the top 25.

SLU, Nicholls. McNeese. Plus SHSU and UCA? I’m not sure the SLC is a five team in the rankings kind of conference.

PantherRob82
Can we just suspend the poll a week? I have no freaking clue what to do with my top 10.

It wasn’t much fun. Hard to figure out where to put all these teams that have played each other and are on different win or loss streaks.

Catatonic
This

ElCid
October 22nd, 2017, 02:28 PM

At this point in the season, no team with a losing record gets past my #20 regardless, as part of my own semi formal "rules." I can maybe choke one higher after 3 or 5 games if one is an FBS loss or to a top 10 team, but after 7 games......? Three losses in a row is not good either. I nixed my Bulldogs entirely for the same cause of three consecutive losses regardless of who they lost to. They can crawl back toward the top if they start winning again.

WestCoastAggie
October 22nd, 2017, 02:36 PM
SLU, Nicholls. McNeese. Plus SHSU and UCA? I’m not sure the SLC is a five team in the rankings kind of conference.

Some folks will be very salty posters here in about a month when the SLC gets its 4th place team into the playoffs.

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2017, 03:01 PM
No one is doing to defend YSU after losing 3 straight.I dunno... I don't vote in the poll, but if I did, I think I'd still have YSU in the top 10-15 range. They are still a good team that would beat a lot of teams ranked below that rough threshold. Even if they lose another close one against a top ten-ish team and are out of the playoffs, I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 15 teams in the country that could beat them more often than not on a neutral field.

I know there are different perspectives, but the AGS poll isn't necessarily a prediction of the playoff field, but rather an estimate of how good the teams are relative to each other. It just so happens that estimate has been highly correlated with the actual playoff selections in the past.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2017, 03:05 PM
Working on the poll now. What an absolutely brutal week and many teams will move into the top 10 that maybe shouldn't but aside from JMU and NDSU, no one seems to want to stay in the top 10. That's their fault. Next team up I suppose. It really is JMU, NDSU and then the other 122 FCS programs at a level below them.

It's also a tough week for teams on the outside of the rankings to finally move in, as the lowest ranked team to lose was Richmond #12 and they lost to #20 Delaware. Hardly a bad loss. All teams #13-25 either won or had a bye. All in that range have 5 wins through 8 weeks except for Villanova. There's not much room to move up into.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 22nd, 2017, 03:13 PM
I dunno... I don't vote in the poll, but if I did, I think I'd still have YSU in the top 10-15 range. They are still a good team that would beat a lot of teams ranked below that rough threshold. Even if they lose another close one against a top ten-ish team and are out of the playoffs, I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 15 teams in the country that could beat them more often than not on a neutral field.

I know there are different perspectives, but the AGS poll isn't necessarily a prediction of the playoff field, but rather an estimate of how good the teams are relative to each other. It just so happens that estimate has been highly correlated with the actual playoff selections in the past.

YSU has one win they can really hang their hat on, and that's SDSU. They came within a hair of beating NDSU and Pitt, and had those games gone the other way they'd be a solid #2, but as it is, there are so many other teams doing well right now that I'm not even sure they're ranked this week. Next week vs Ill State they have a chance to grab another statement win, and their schedule gets easier after that, but this week is another matter.

Catatonic
October 22nd, 2017, 03:23 PM
Some folks will be very salty posters here in about a month when the SLC gets its 4th place team into the playoffs.

SLU is a good team but their big wins have been against teams at the bottom of the conference. It pains me to say this since ACU is one of those bottom of the conference teams but that’s the way it is. I’m reserving judgement until the Lions pull off a W over a ranked team.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2017, 03:36 PM
Can we just suspend the poll a week? I have no freaking clue what to do with my top 10.Yea, me either, nobody is worthy.

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Reminder to voters

Delaware only FCS loss was the number one James Madison the other loss was to Virginia tech number 12 in FBS

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 03:50 PM
I dunno... I don't vote in the poll, but if I did, I think I'd still have YSU in the top 10-15 range. They are still a good team that would beat a lot of teams ranked below that rough threshold. Even if they lose another close one against a top ten-ish team and are out of the playoffs, I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 15 teams in the country that could beat them more often than not on a neutral field.

They’ve lost 3 straight. No way they should be in the Top 15. Especially considering the last loss was to an I ranked team.

Houndawg
October 22nd, 2017, 03:56 PM
They’ve lost 3 straight. No way they should be in the Top 15. Especially considering the last loss was to an I ranked team.

Four losses takes them out of the top 20 at least.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
I won't have YSU ranked this week. If they're truly a Top 25 team they'll win out and things will take care of themselves....

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2017, 04:05 PM
They’ve lost 3 straight. No way they should be in the Top 15. Especially considering the last loss was to an I ranked team.That's a fair opinion. I happen to disagree with it, but I don't vote, so my opinion doesn't count for much. It kind of depends on whether you vote for who "deserves" it this week or who is likely to beat who on a neutral field. I tend toward the latter, and I don't think there are 15 teams in the country that are legitimately better than YSU bas d on what they've shown on the field throughout this year.

grayghost06
October 22nd, 2017, 04:27 PM
I look at it from this perspective. Do I think there are 15 teams better than YSU...probably not. This scenario should be called the "Northern Iowa Quandry" as they have run into it several times in the past . But let's be realistic. Is there ANY other division in college football that would have had a 3-3 team ranked in the Top 10 as the AGS poll did? Is there any other college football division that would have a 3-4 team in the Top 20? At some point, you gotta win the games to be ranked.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2017, 04:42 PM
Just submitted my poll, it is hot garbage. No clue. Need another week to sort this out.

Redbird 4th & short
October 22nd, 2017, 04:44 PM

they lost to Massey #46 FBS Pitt on road by 7, lost to top 2 NDSU in OT by 3, lost to Top 3-4 USD on road by 3, beat top 10-15 SDSU by 12 .. that resume scream top 8 for sure. Then a 5 point loss to resurgent UNI on road suggests top 8 may be bit much .. but YSU is still a very tough team. If they finish 6-5, they should be in playoff discussion .. if 7-4, they are a lock. Can't punish teams for playing toughest schedules (7 to 8 top 25 teams, 3 to 4 top 10 teams and competing with all the top 10 teams .. then tell them only record matters .. go home.

70MilesFromCanada
October 22nd, 2017, 05:06 PM
they lost to Massey #46 FBS Pitt on road by 7, lost to top 2 NDSU in OT by 3, lost to Top 3-4 USD on road by 3, beat top 10-15 SDSU by 12 .. that resume scream top 8 for sure. Then a 5 point loss to resurgent UNI on road suggests top 8 may be bit much .. but YSU is still a very tough team. If they finish 6-5, they should be in playoff discussion .. if 7-4, they are a lock. Can't punish teams for playing toughest schedules (7 to 8 top 25 teams, 3 to 4 top 10 teams and competing with all the top 10 teams .. then tell them only record matters .. go home.

Sorry, but you can get punished for losing even with a tough schedule. Otherwise we would have MVFC playoff vs national field playoff. Unless the rest of the country folds I'm not sure 6-5 cuts it.

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2017, 05:19 PM
I look at it from this perspective. Do I think there are 15 teams better than YSU...probably not. This scenario should be called the "Northern Iowa Quandry" as they have run into it several times in the past . But let's be realistic. Is there ANY other division in college football that would have had a 3-3 team ranked in the Top 10 as the AGS poll did? Is there any other college football division that would have a 3-4 team in the Top 20? At some point, you gotta win the games to be ranked.Yep, again that is fair. I happen to believe that a poll that does justice to the teams it ranks at any level shouldn't be swayed by such perceptions. But I can totally understand why people do it. And also one of the reasons I think AGS is probably the most valid and accurate poll of college football teams at any level. There's room for multiple perspectives on how to rank the teams.

th0m
October 22nd, 2017, 05:21 PM

They should keep on losing close games then, in a week or two they will be #1!xdrunkyx

WestCoastAggie
October 22nd, 2017, 05:25 PM

If they go 6-5, they'll be 3-5 in their conference. I can't think of a playoff team in recent memory that got in with 3 conference wins. At a certain point, all of those computer rankings and SOS calculations get thrown out of the window.

You can book a 6-5 YSU team gets left at home over a Big Sky, Southern, Southland or even an OVC team with a better record.

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2017, 05:28 PM
Sorry, but you can get punished for losing even with a tough schedule. Otherwise we would have MVFC playoff vs national field playoff. Unless the rest of the country folds I'm not sure 6-5 cuts it.Again... I understand that some folks take the poll as a prediction of playoff teams. And it often happens to be a great predictor. But whether you happen to "punish" a team for losing a close game against a team that was "supposed" to win is a judgment call. I'll stop beating the horse, but I just hope people understand that there is more than one way to look at how to handle good teams that happen to lose to other really good teams.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 05:31 PM
Sorry, but you can get punished for losing even with a tough schedule. Otherwise we would have MVFC playoff vs national field playoff. Unless the rest of the country folds I'm not sure 6-5 cuts it.

I don’t think 6-5 YSU has a chance.

Daytripper
October 22nd, 2017, 06:03 PM
I've actually dropped teams either on a bye or with a win this week because of some very good wins by teams below them. This week has been the most difficult one this season.

semobison
October 22nd, 2017, 06:17 PM
If they go 6-5, they'll be 3-5 in their conference. I can't think of a playoff team in recent memory that got in with 3 conference wins. At a certain point, all of those computer rankings and SOS calculations get thrown out of the window.

You can book a 6-5 YSU team gets left at home over a Big Sky, Southern, Southland or even an OVC team with a better record.

If Y-town goes 6-5 they will be 4-4 in conference play. Probably won't get in but there was a 4-4 MVFC team that made the quarterfinals and lost in OT to the eventual champions a few years ago.

RootinFerDukes
October 22nd, 2017, 06:19 PM
I think the field is strong enough this year that no six win teams are getting in from any conference. 6-5 YSU will be watching the playoffs from home.

clenz
October 22nd, 2017, 06:22 PM
I think there are 2 teams that have a shot at 6-5. ISUR and UNI. Both currently 4-3/3-1.

UNI has Missouri State and Indiana State left to go along with NDSU and usd.

UNI finishes at least 5-3 in conference and with USD being at home I think 6-3 in conference is very possible.

jmu007
October 22nd, 2017, 06:25 PM
That was awful. Just finished my vote for this week's top 25. Good grief. Spoiler alert, if you have a losing record at this point, you're out. I don't care who it was to. That is your penance for making the process painful.

Cocky
October 22nd, 2017, 06:39 PM
How do we know the MVC is good this year? The best FCS OOC win so far is Northern AZ and then EWU. Northern AZ also has a win against ISUr. SUU has beaten UNI which put the OOC wins between the Big Sky and MVC close to equal. Should we have 7-8 Big Sky teams in the poll?
These two conferences probably have the best OOC FCS wins.

With the lack of good teams playing other good teams in OOC games its hard to say YSU or any other team is good on the national level with an average record.

Reign of Terrier
October 22nd, 2017, 06:44 PM
Football is a game of inches and the transitive property isn't always the best to measure football teams or conferences. At this point, defending a three loss team in the rankings is just being a homer. If they're worth the ranking they'll fight their way back in.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 06:48 PM
Football is a game of inches and the transitive property isn't always the best to measure football teams or conferences. At this point, defending a three loss team in the rankings is just being a homer. If they're worth the ranking they'll fight their way back in.

You sure are a very cut and dry with your rules for who people should and should not vote for. First it was teams under .500, now they can’t even have 3 losses?

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2017, 06:49 PM
How do we know the MVC is good this year? The best FCS OOC win so far is Northern AZ and then EWU. Northern AZ also has a win against ISUr. SUU has beaten UNI which put the OOC wins between the Big Sky and MVC close to equal. Should we have 7-8 Big Sky teams in the poll?

With the lack of good teams playing other good teams in OOC games its hard to say YSU or any other team is good on the national level with an average record.

The MVC isn’t good this year, or any year, at football. You know, since they don’t sponsor football. The MVFC is pretty damn stout though. MVFC does have an OOC win vs Bowling Green as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reign of Terrier
October 22nd, 2017, 06:57 PM
You sure are a very cut and dry with your rules for who people should and should not vote for. First it was teams under .500, now they can’t even have 3 losses?

Actually the under .500 thing was when we played 6 games, thus was 3 losses.

Look, if a team with 3 losses at this point is really as good as some people think, they will find a way back into the rankings at 7-4 or 8-3. By definition, saying they definitely will be that ranking right now and we should reward a team accordingly is a bias.

For instance, Mercer I think is a good team in spite of their 4-4 record; they've lost 3 games by a combined 11 points. But they have no business being in the top 25 right now, let alone top 40. I could make the radical assumption that they'll win out in my assessment of the rankings, but that would be biased because I'm assuming the best case scenario. Based upon the sample we have right now, they lack the consistency to be a top 25 team.

^^^the above logic is applicable to many teams who are ranked. Conference games are tough for everyone (except maybe JSU:D). Many teams with 3 and 4 losses so far are not going to make the playoffs and they don't need to clog the rankings, preventing other teams from getting as-quality wins because some voters are speculating over whether or not a 3-4 team will finish 7-4 or not.

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2017, 07:25 PM

Well, based on Sagarins conference ratings the difference between the MVFC and the next closest FCS conference (CAA) is about the same as the spread between the SEC and the Mountain West. I'd be willing to put good money on YSU vs any other 8th place team in a FCS conference this year. At a certain point they need to win games but remember that YSU was the 3rd place MVFC team last year and beat the autobids from the OVC and Big Sky on the road.

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2017, 07:26 PM
Look, if a team with 3 losses at this point is really as good as some people think, they will find a way back into the rankings at 7-4 or 8-3. By definition, saying they definitely will be that ranking right now and we should reward a team accordingly is a bias.
Many teams with 3 and 4 losses so far are not going to make the playoffs and they don't need to clog the rankings, preventing other teams from getting as-quality wins because some voters are speculating over whether or not a 3-4 team will finish 7-4 or not.
I think the point you're missing is that I'm not suggesting (nor is anybody as far as I can tell) that a team should be ranked based on what MIGHT happen. Maybe that's how some folks vote... That's up to them (mostly).

I do find your justification interesting for not voting for a good team though... As I understand your position here, once a team either is guaranteed or even likely to not make the playoffs, they should be automatically deemed "not good" or "not quality." Or even once they have less than a 0.500 record? That seems a bit biased to me. But to each his/her own.

semobison
October 22nd, 2017, 07:27 PM

In the last three seasons the MVFC has had five teams in once and four the other two seasons. In their first round games they went 12-1. In 2014 we had two in the final, 2015 and 2016 3 in the quarters last year two of the four semi's......The Big Sky has been awful in the playoffs recently. Lots of discussion here but the reality is if Y-town wins out there in, lose one their probably out. Some of you in weaker conferences should be happy your not in the Valley or the CAA where good teams get left out every year to make room for the other automatic qualifiers! Ok, I said it!

NorthChuckSouth
October 22nd, 2017, 07:32 PM
Actually the under .500 thing was when we played 6 games, thus was 3 losses.

For instance, Mercer I think is a good team in spite of their 4-4 record; they've lost 3 games by a combined 11 points. But they have no business being in the top 25 right now, let alone top 40. I could make the radical assumption that they'll win out in my assessment of the rankings, but that would be biased because I'm assuming the best case scenario. Based upon the sample we have right now, they lack the consistency to be a top 25 team.

^^^the above logic is applicable to many teams who are ranked. Conference games are tough for everyone (except maybe JSU:D). Many teams with 3 and 4 losses so far are not going to make the playoffs and they don't need to clog the rankings, preventing other teams from getting as-quality wins because some voters are speculating over whether or not a 3-4 team will finish 7-4 or not.

I have a feeling if we win out we won't be ranked eventhough our only FCS loss is Elon and our FCS game in week 2, which we probably would have won, was replaced by a FBS team in week 6.. everyone has pretty much discounted us since the week 3 loss

REALBird
October 22nd, 2017, 07:48 PM

Outside of the SDSU win they’ve lost to some good teams, but their wins are CCSU and Bob Morris.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2017, 07:51 PM
I have a feeling if we win out we won't be ranked eventhough our only FCS loss is Elon and our FCS game in week 2, which we probably would have won, was replaced by a FBS team in week 6.. everyone has pretty much discounted us since the week 3 loss

Your schedule is awful, however, the hurricane did not help though. You needed 56 minutes to beat Presbyterian 7-0. So if we break it down this is how it looks:

1 D1 win in the final moments of the game
1 MVSU win (how they are D1 might be a bigger mystery than how Kansas amassed 21yds total against TCU)
1 Savannah St win (You let them score 27 on you)
1 NAIA win

1 FCS loss
1 SEC mollywomp
1 B1G loss to Indiana

I am not sure how you think beating the likes of Liberty, GW, Kennesaw, and Monmouth would make voters think you are worthy of T25 votes.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 07:53 PM
Plus CSU is hemorrhaging as a program. Coach gone. Players can’t eat. I think voters are right to be wary.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 22nd, 2017, 08:10 PM
The clustering of both the MVFC and the BSC are truly making this week more art than science.

NorthChuckSouth
October 22nd, 2017, 08:12 PM
Your schedule is awful, however, the hurricane did not help though. You needed 56 minutes to beat Presbyterian 7-0. So if we break it down this is how it looks:

1 D1 win in the final moments of the game
1 MVSU win (how they are D1 might be a bigger mystery than how Kansas amassed 21yds total against TCU)
1 Savannah St win (You let them score 27 on you)
1 NAIA win

1 FCS loss
1 SEC mollywomp
1 B1G loss to Indiana

I am not sure how you think beating the likes of Liberty, GW, Kennesaw, and Monmouth would make voters think you are worthy of T25 votes.

Say we win out and are 8-3 overall 7-1 in FCS with the loss coming to current number 11 team in the poll (and will move up this week).. we started the season at 16 in the AGS poll.. at the end of the day rankings outside the top 8 are meaningless.. I just think everyone on here has been too quick to write off this team.

btw in 2015 we beat PC by 3 points by scoring a td with 4 minutes left in the 4th and we ended up being like the number 8 or 9 team in the nation.. they always play us close

Cocky
October 22nd, 2017, 08:26 PM
The MVC isn’t good this year, or any year, at football. You know, since they don’t sponsor football. The MVFC is pretty damn stout though. MVFC does have an OOC win vs Bowling Green as well.

I thought Bowling Green was FBS?

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2017, 08:26 PM
Say we win out and are 8-3 overall 7-1 in FCS with the loss coming to current number 11 team in the poll (and will move up this week).. we started the season at 16 in the AGS poll.. at the end of the day rankings outside the top 8 are meaningless.. I just think everyone on here has been too quick to write off this team.

btw in 2015 we beat PC by 3 points by scoring a td with 4 minutes left in the 4th and we ended up being like the number 8 or 9 team in the nation.. they always play us close

Let's assume you win out and go 8-3. That means what Monmouth is doing would be meaningless and hurt your SOS and Liberty tanking would also hurt it.

Your going to tell me that there are not 4 SoCon, 5-6 MVFC, 5-6 CAA, 3-4 BSC, and 3-4 Southland teams not worthy of votes over you? So we are looking between 20-24 teams that would probably have a better resume than you. All teams, as of right now, in the top 25, have a tougher SOS than you, even NCAT. If I had to put my money on it, there will be at least 22 teams with better resumes not including NCAT and if they win out, at least 23. I am under the assumption, that every year, one team who is in the T25 will not get into the playoffs for whatever reason, so now we are at 24 teams. That means, you would have to beat 1 team in order to gain votes and I do not see it. That is just me, but if you dominate your games, it is possible, but when your SOS sits at 41, that does not bode well as the games continue on.

kalm
October 22nd, 2017, 08:39 PM

SELA lost to BCU and their best win is against a 2-6 ACU. Their SoS is 76. Not even close.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2017, 08:40 PM
I thought Bowling Green was FBS?

I didn’t read your post well enough. My bad

kalm
October 22nd, 2017, 09:01 PM
Again... I understand that some folks take the poll as a prediction of playoff teams. And it often happens to be a great predictor. But whether you happen to "punish" a team for losing a close game against a team that was "supposed" to win is a judgment call. I'll stop beating the horse, but I just hope people understand that there is more than one way to look at how to handle good teams that happen to lose to other really good teams.

Bootfitter is killing it here.

The disparity in schedule strength in FCS is massive and great fodder for these discussions. If you put McNeese, or Monmouth, or NCAT in the MFVC how many losses would they have? If you gave Idaho State NCAT or SELA's schedule what would there record be?

REALBird
October 22nd, 2017, 10:24 PM
I think there are 2 teams that have a shot at 6-5. ISUR and UNI. Both currently 4-3/3-1.

UNI has Missouri State and Indiana State left to go along with NDSU and usd.

UNI finishes at least 5-3 in conference and with USD being at home I think 6-3 in conference is very possible.

ISUr is 5-2/3-1
I also think 6-5 and we’re left at home this year. That means we lose 3 of our next 4. Not sure beating NDSU in the regular season finale to get to 6-5 would be enough to get us in. But stranger things have happened this season.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 22nd, 2017, 10:38 PM

The disparity in schedule strength in FCS is massive and great fodder for these discussions. If you put McNeese, or Monmouth, or NCAT in the MFVC how many losses would they have? If you gave Idaho State NCAT or SELA's schedule what would there record be?

Which is why the playoff system is so important - in the end it doesn't matter if you finished 11-0 in the regular season if you don't end up in Frisco.

superman7515
October 22nd, 2017, 10:47 PM

No, it's just as the season goes and more teams reach 7 D1 wins, you end up with a big blob of green. Just like I alternate colors for the teams in general, I use two shades of green/red so that as you scroll across the spreadsheet, your eyes don't get jammed up trying to figure out what line is for what team.

thebootfitter
October 22nd, 2017, 10:48 PM
Which is why the playoff system is so important - in the end it doesn't matter if you finished 11-0 in the regular season if you don't end up in Frisco.Amen, brother Blue Hen!

The AGS poll, in my opinion, should give thought to which teams might make the playoffs as a single data point only. A piece of the puzzle. Not the determining factor whether a team is one of the 25 best in the country.

You might have a team that is truly the "15th best" in the country, but their record doesn't get them into the playoffs at the end of the year. Does that mean you shouldn't vote for them in the top 25? Let the playoffs sort out who is the champion. The AGS poll (in my opinion) should be to sort out who the best 25 teams are. Because you know what? I highly doubt that there is any other large collective group of individuals that know more about the FCS teams and landscape as a whole than this group of poll voters on this site right here.

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2017, 10:48 PM
At some point, you gotta win the games to be ranked.

I feel like that point was last Saturday for YSU.

cx500d
October 22nd, 2017, 10:54 PM

Yep...They fell out of mine.

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2017, 10:57 PM

True story

Tribe4SF
October 23rd, 2017, 08:51 AM
Well that was as challenging a poll submission as I can recall. Leaving out some good teams as there are just too many in contention right now. Ranking 11-20 was brutal. My chart looks like a hurricane path prediction.

superman7515
October 23rd, 2017, 08:59 AM
Well that was as challenging a poll submission as I can recall. Leaving out some good teams as there are just too many in contention right now. Ranking 11-20 was brutal. My chart looks like a hurricane path prediction.

I agree. I went from not having enough teams to feel comfortable filling out the bottom, to having enough teams that I felt like there was no way I could fill out the bottom without leaving someone worthy off.

RootinFerDukes
October 23rd, 2017, 09:07 AM

Don't feel bad, I also had to leave out some teams that would've moved in during normal weeks but not enough back end ranked teams lost and I don't believe in "punishing winning" like some others do. The only really bad win I can think of off hand was Elon over URI but they aren't a back end ranked team to justify non-ranked teams passing them.

McNeese75
October 23rd, 2017, 09:16 AM
This week just plain sucked xrotatehx

thebootfitter
October 23rd, 2017, 09:20 AM
This week just plain sucked xrotatehxThanks for your efforts! All of you voters! It is appreciated.

BadlandsGrizFan
October 23rd, 2017, 09:24 AM
Lots of top 25 losses this week.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2017, 09:30 AM
I feel like this week when people post their polls and people argue with their placements the original poster will just shrug their shoulders and agree. xlolx

WileECoyote06
October 23rd, 2017, 09:43 AM

If McNeese, Monmouth or NCAT were in the MVFC, they'd also have MVFC caliber players. xdontknowx

JSUSoutherner
October 23rd, 2017, 09:45 AM
Lots of top 25 losses this week.
Just means the FCS is deep and is beating up on each other. xnodx

kalm
October 23rd, 2017, 09:46 AM
If McNeese, Monmouth or NCAT were in the MVFC, they'd also have MVFC caliber players. xdontknowx

Good point. Lol.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 09:51 AM
Good point. Lol.
Meh.

We are looking at this year vs this year. Not giving them 7 years to try catch up in recruiting

If you took this years NCAT team and gave them YSU's or UNI's schedule, what is their record?

Conversely, you give UNI or YSU NCATs schedule, what is their record?

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 10:05 AM
Meh.

We are looking at this year vs this year. Not giving them 7 years to try catch up in recruiting

If you took this years NCAT team and gave them YSU's or UNI's schedule, what is their record?

Ooh! I know! Pick me!

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9DPFPfULYJHHrqN2/giphy.gif

kalm
October 23rd, 2017, 10:06 AM
Meh.

That's why lol'd ya humorless bastard.

Reign of Terrier
October 23rd, 2017, 10:08 AM
You'll only get to falsify these hypotheses in the playoffs, with a sample of one, which won't be great for prognostication purposes.

Rankings are imperfect and computers are imperfect. Just don't pretend that ranking a four-loss team ahead of a dozen teams with less than 3 losses isn't at least partially being a homer.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 10:09 AM
You'll only get to falsify these hypotheses in the playoffs, with a sample of one, which won't be great for prognostication purposes.

Rankings are imperfect and computers are imperfect. Just don't pretend that ranking a four-loss team ahead of a dozen teams with less than 3 losses isn't at least partially being a homer.
What if I ranked a 4 loss team below about 8 teams that I think they're better than that have less than 3 losses?

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 10:10 AM

How's this for a "1 game sample"

The MEAC hasn't won a playoff game since 1999 meanwhile consistently having teams ranked in the top 10-15 because they have 10-11 wins.

Professor
October 23rd, 2017, 10:13 AM

Would be interesting but A&T beat BCU which beat SELA this year

Professor
October 23rd, 2017, 10:15 AM
How's this for a "1 game sample"

The MEAC hasn't won a playoff game since 1999 meanwhile consistently having teams ranked in the top 10-15 because they have 10-11 wins.

Instead of complaining about their conference, why not schedule the top teams in the conference and beat them. That way they don't have 10 or 11 wins

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2017, 10:17 AM
Would be interesting but A&T beat BCU which beat SELA this year

So an okay team beat a bad team that beat a mediocre team? Got it. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2017, 10:18 AM
Instead of complaining about their conference, why not schedule the top teams in the conference and beat them. That way they don't have 10 or 11 wins

I’m sure NCAT has never gotten calls from a top 25 team... xrolleyesx

smallcollegefbfan
October 23rd, 2017, 10:20 AM

I have 2 of those 3 in the top 25 but I dropped McNeese and NCAT. I don't feel NCAT is a top 15 team and McNeese is not a top 20 team unless they beat SHSU. They aren't in the MVFC though and it is clear to me the MVFC and CAA are the two best leagues right now.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 10:22 AM
The problem is NC A&T doesn't have the leverage to demand home/home agreements. If they want national respect they need to take the Boise St model in that they'll go anywhere to play anyone OOC because they know their conference schedule will drag them down. If they're willing to do guarantee games I'll give you a number to pass along to your AD to call ASAP (although I'd almost guarantee he's seen it on his caller ID before).

Oh... and you accidentally put an "s" on the end of team in your post.

smallcollegefbfan
October 23rd, 2017, 10:25 AM

The MEAC pulling their champ out of the playoffs hurts as well. Unless I see NCAT play the MVFC, CAA, SoCon, or play top 20 teams outside of Grambling and other MEAC teams we just won't know where you guys stack. I think NCAT is a good team with many very good players but I stopped slotting you up and actually had you drop a few slots when I voted this week. I don't see SLU as a top 35 team right now so the BCU win is not that big of one. I do believe you guys are definitely top 25 and possibly top 20 as long as you keep winning but I just can't rank you in the top 15 without a way to truly gauge against the MVFC, CAA, or SoCon top tier teams since you aren't in the playoffs.

McNeese75
October 23rd, 2017, 10:26 AM
I have 2 of those 3 in the top 25 but I dropped McNeese and NCAT. I don't feel NCAT is a top 15 team and McNeese is not a top 20 team unless they beat SHSU. They aren't in the MVFC though and it is clear to me the MVFC and CAA are the two best leagues right now.

Gonna be tough to beat SHSU this year since they don't play each other. The ACU game this weekend will tell the tale.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 10:27 AM
We tried.

That school backed out - without telling us. We had to find out through an ESPN article detailing the most lopsided FBS/FCS games for the coming season. A staffer randomly read that article and found a game, featuring a team we were set to play, listed on the same day we were set to play them.

Our AD called their AD. They didn't return the call for 6 days. When they did call back they said "Oh...yeah...we meant to tell you guys. Sorry, I guess".

That was in April leading into the season.

That's how we ended up with a D2 HBCU on our schedule that year...that we were up 59-0 in the second quarter against after pulling our starters in the first quarter.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2017, 10:58 AM
Let’s be honest: there is no reason for North Carolina A&T to schedule a tough opponent. The best thing for their program and university is to be highly ranked l, win the MEAC and go to the celebration bowl.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 11:00 AM
Let’s be honest: there is no reason for North Carolina A&T to schedule a tough opponent. The best thing for their program and university is to be highly ranked l, win the MEAC and go to the celebration bowl.
this is true

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 11:04 AM
Yep. But the side effect is they can't really bitch then when their shiny W/L record gets crapped on.

WestCoastAggie
October 23rd, 2017, 11:10 AM
Yep. But the side effect is they can't really bitch then when their shiny W/L record gets crapped on.

I haven't seen any Aggies nagging about our AGS poll ranking, this year, let alone any poll.

We're 8-0 for the second time since 1924, and control our Celebration Bowl destiny. We got Norfolk State in 2 weeks and they're undefeated in conference play, defeating a ranked NCCU team.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2017, 11:11 AM
I haven't seen any Aggies nagging about our AGS poll ranking, this year, let alone any poll.

We're 8-0 for the second time since 1924, and control our Celebration Bowl destiny. We got Norfolk State in 2 weeks and they're undefeated in conference play, defeating a ranked NCCU team.

you haven’t been reading. Aggies have commented on their ranking every single week. Maybe you are nitpicking over the word “nagging”?

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 11:15 AM

Look, it's a message board so I don't begrudge anyone for making a coherent argument and you can make an argument that A&T is a top 10 team. But you can also make an argument that A&T is a 20-25 team. They're probably the the most polarizing team to place right now so there's going to be a lot of argument about where they belong. There's nothing wrong with that.

WileECoyote06
October 23rd, 2017, 12:02 PM
The problem is NC A&T doesn't have the leverage to demand home/home agreements. If they want national respect they need to take the Boise St model in that they'll go anywhere to play anyone OOC because they know their conference schedule will drag them down. If they're willing to do guarantee games I'll give you a number to pass along to your AD to call ASAP (although I'd almost guarantee he's seen it on his caller ID before).

Oh... and you accidentally put an "s" on the end of team in your post.

. . . says who? The big fish in a medium-sized pond?

If athletics is there to enhance the brand of the university; what benefit is there for the FARMERS or any MEAC school to schedule away games that aren't going to help our bottom-line or brand? We've got thirteen DI football-playing schools in our state alone. MEAC schools haven't shied away from playing regional opponents; and honestly this should be the goal for most if not all eastern FCS schools.

This is fair.

WileECoyote06
October 23rd, 2017, 12:03 PM
you haven’t been reading. Aggies have commented on their ranking every single week. Maybe you are nitpicking over the word “nagging”?

You want them to shut up?

I mean, I know ways to make that happen. . . but then again we've beaten them three years in a row.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2017, 01:20 PM
You want them to shut up?

I mean, I know ways to make that happen. . . but then again we've beaten them three years in a row.
Nah. I’m not too worried about it. Like I said somewhere, I get it.

Professor
October 23rd, 2017, 01:32 PM

Not our fault Gardner Webb is trash this year. Their QB was on the Payton preseason list. Now when we beat Elon next yr, it will be Elon blah blah blah lol....

We can't win

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 01:41 PM
Not our fault Gardner Webb is trash this year. Their QB was on the Payton preseason list. Now when we beat Elon next yr, it will be Elon blah blah blah lol....

We can't win
Gardner-Webb hasn't won more than 4 games since 2013. If that was your "watch this!" OOC game it just goes to show how piss poor your OOC schedule is. You're actually fortunate that Elon has turned into a legitimate team this year. Prior to this year they hadn't won more than 4 games since 2011 but if they go back to 3-8 next year you're right that you won't be able to crow about beating them either.

NDSU's OOC schedule leaves a lot to be desired this year also but when you play in a tough conference you don't need to schedule tough OOC to prove yourselves. NC A&T doesn't have that luxury.

In the end, I agree that NC A&T should schedule what's in their own best interest and, if the goal is to make the Celebration Bowl, getting home games OOC and an FBS money game each year should be the top priority. But don't try to put lipstick on the pig and say you're trying to challenge yourselves by scheduling teams like Gardner-Webb and Elon.

Professor
October 23rd, 2017, 01:45 PM
Just don't get who you guys want us to play , we play regional FCS schools who want a home and home or cut a check. Feel free to have your AD call ours, we have openings in 19 and beyond

2018 - Gardner Webb???
- Elon ???

2017 - Gardner Webb W

2015 - Elon W

2014- Coastal L
- Elon W

2013 - App State W
- Elon W

2012 - Coastal L

2011 - App State L
- Coastal L

wcugrad95
October 23rd, 2017, 01:52 PM
Scheduling is a tough thing for many programs. For a team like Western, we play 8 conference games and need to have at least 1 "money" game for the finances - that only leaves 2 others to schedule OOC. We have a pretty good conference to even things out, but WCU also played Gardner-Webb. Before the season, this wasn't a "bad" game given they were picked like 2nd or 3rd in the Big South and have a good, well-known QB. They got off to a horrendous start with the beating by A&T, but have played a ton of good football teams and their record is not indicative of how competitive they can be. Their losses were to:
A&T 6-0
Wofford 6-1
WCU 6-2 (6-1 in FCS)
Kennesaw State 6-1
NC Central 5-2 (5-1 in FCS)
FBS Wyoming

I am not saying any team on that list is a world-beater, but 4 of them are either ranked or close to being ranked, and inflated or not the overall FCS records of the teams they have faced is crazy good.

Throw in for Western we play 2 FBS games this year (12 games as we took a late scheduled game @ Hawaii), and we have to balance other OOC games that would incur significant costs - it is smarter for our program to pick relatively local teams and hope that they end up being decent to competitive if we are lucky enough to be in playoff conversations. In this year's scenario, it would have been better for WCU or A&T to have scheduled Kennesaw, but nobody would have really seen that coming and schedules are set well in advance (usually).

A&T's problem is that your conference doesn't help you, so unless you play somebody more significant than UNCC at the FBS level or beat SoCon or CAA teams that are at least perceived as strong for OOC, you won't be able to change the perception.

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2017, 01:53 PM
xpopcornx

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 01:54 PM
Just don't get who you guys want us to play , we play regional FCS schools who want a home and home or cut a check. Feel free to have your AD call ours, we have openings in 19 and beyond

2018 - Gardner Webb???
- Elon ???

2017 - Gardner Webb W

2015 - Elon W

2014- Coastal L
- Elon W

2013 - App State W
- Elon W

2012 - Coastal L

2011 - App State L
- Coastal L
2011 - App State was 8-4 and you lost
2012 - Coastal was 8-5
2013 - App State was 4-8
2013 - Elon was 2-10
2014 - Elon was 1-11
2014 - Coastal was 7-6
2015 - Elon was 4-7
2017- Gardner Webb is 1-6. They have 1 winning season in the last 8. Don't act like they are a let down this year.

Professor
October 23rd, 2017, 01:58 PM
2011 - App State was 8-4 and you lost
2012 - Coastal was 8-5
2013 - App State was 4-8
2013 - Elon was 2-10
2014 - Elon was 1-11
2014 - Coastal was 7-6
2015 - Elon was 4-7
2017- Gardner Webb is 1-6. They have 1 winning season in the last 8. Don't act like they are a let down this year.

So again, it's our fault that the team we schedule contracts out in advance are having bad years. Lol this conversation is too funny

And Gardner Webb was preseason number 2 or 3 in the Big South depending on what site u read

FargoBison
October 23rd, 2017, 02:01 PM
So again, it's our fault that the team we schedule contracts out in advance are having bad years. Lol this conversation is too funny

And Gardner Webb was preseason number 2 or 3 in the Big South depending on what site u read

You should leave the MEAC if you want respect, you'll get none being in that garbage dump of a conference that would rather play in a bowl against some mediocre SWAC team than a playoff.

WestCoastAggie
October 23rd, 2017, 02:01 PM
Scheduling is a tough thing for many programs. For a team like Western, we play 8 conference games and need to have at least 1 "money" game for the finances - that only leaves 2 others to schedule OOC. We have a pretty good conference to even things out, but WCU also played Gardner-Webb. Before the season, this wasn't a "bad" game given they were picked like 2nd or 3rd in the Big South and have a good, well-known QB. They got off to a horrendous start with the beating by A&T, but have played a ton of good football teams and their record is not indicative of how competitive they can be. Their losses were to:
A&T 6-0
Wofford 6-1
WCU 6-2 (6-1 in FCS)
Kennesaw State 6-1
NC Central 5-2 (5-1 in FCS)
FBS Wyoming

I am not saying any team on that list is a world-beater, but 4 of them are either ranked or close to being ranked, and inflated or not the overall FCS records of the teams they have faced is crazy good.

Throw in for Western we play 2 FBS games this year (12 games as we took a late scheduled game @ Hawaii), and we have to balance other OOC games that would incur significant costs - it is smarter for our program to pick relatively local teams and hope that they end up being decent to competitive if we are lucky enough to be in playoff conversations. In this year's scenario, it would have been better for WCU or A&T to have scheduled Kennesaw, but nobody would have really seen that coming and schedules are set well in advance (usually).

A&T's problem is that your conference doesn't help you, so unless you play somebody more significant than UNCC at the FBS level or beat SoCon or CAA teams that are at least perceived as strong for OOC, you won't be able to change the perception.

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/idkwiz-khalifashrugwhatever.gif

soconjohn5
October 23rd, 2017, 04:27 PM
Who the hell thinks The Citadel is as good as Furman...Every poll is bogus when they try and put Citadel ahead of Furman this year! Dead people must be voting!!!

grizband
October 23rd, 2017, 04:47 PM
Who the hell thinks The Citadel is as good as Furman...Every poll is bogus when they try and put Citadel ahead of Furman this year! Dead people must be voting!!!
No one who is objectively looking at their schedules...although neither team has done much to prove their worth yet. Furman's schedule finishes much more difficult (aside from The Citadel's game against Clemson).

jmu007
October 23rd, 2017, 04:55 PM
I'll admit I overlooked Furman this past weekend while preparing my poll vote. I will keep an eye on them this weekend. Definitely room for them to climb depending on how this weekend works out. I had a few in the bottom 5 that easily can fall out with a loss. FWIW, I don't have The Citadel ranked either so I didn't put them ahead of you xpeacex