PDA

View Full Version : UNI @ NDSU - 10/28 Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

BisonFan02
October 21st, 2017, 10:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/qcMFgmNAYWxnW/giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJW67QN24SA

This game could get downright ****ing ugly. xlolx Blood will be shed and liberties will be taken. :D

Southern Bison
October 21st, 2017, 10:43 PM
This game could get downright ****ing ugly. xlolx Blood will be shed and liberties will be taken. :D[/QUOTE]

Do you expect anything less? With UNI's 2 latest wins, this is a whole new ballgame.

BTW, thanks again for the honey...it's fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
October 21st, 2017, 10:53 PM
Do you expect anything less? With UNI's 2 latest wins, this is a whole new ballgame.

BTW, thanks again for the honey...it's fantastic!

https://media.giphy.com/media/R2JueF2gu4Z9u/giphy.gif

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2017, 10:54 PM
Bizon by 56

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 10:56 PM
So, I may or may not make an appearance in Fargo. However that said, Farley gonna Farley.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 10:57 PM
Go freaking time!

I hate you guys (well this week anyway).

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/0874ba7b05e1f3b195b47906d806fa96.jpg

Southern Bison
October 21st, 2017, 11:00 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/R2JueF2gu4Z9u/giphy.gifBlame a lot of Miller High Life during and after today's win. BF in both your call signs...I mistook you (Sundown) for BFNWMN (Goose)

BisonFan02
October 21st, 2017, 11:13 PM
Go freaking time!

I hate you guys (well this week anyway).

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/0874ba7b05e1f3b195b47906d806fa96.jpg

http://users.content.ytmnd.com/1/2/a/12a6978405c1dbb021d336a1ce894cd8.gif

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 11:25 PM
http://users.content.ytmnd.com/1/2/a/12a6978405c1dbb021d336a1ce894cd8.gifHell yeah!

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/768d50ae312f6118cccc8918bc451a2e.gif

Bison56
October 22nd, 2017, 12:30 AM
Bizon by 56

Agreed

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 06:52 AM
UNI fans: Did Farley (LB) get called for targeting against YSU and will miss the 1st half on Saturday?

waverly_panther
October 22nd, 2017, 06:55 AM
UNI fans: Did Farley (LB) get called for targeting against YSU and will miss the 1st half on Saturday?Yes, but it was in the first half, so he can play the whole game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 07:26 AM
I expect a 10-17 point Bison win, but we always seem to have something cooked up for you.

dewey
October 22nd, 2017, 07:28 AM
I expect a 10-17 point Bison win, but we always seem to have something cooked up for you.

I wish but these two teams are normally closer.

My guess
NDSU 24
UNI 17

How many more Farley linebackers are waiting in the wings?

Dewey

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 07:30 AM
I wish but these two teams are normally closer.

My guess
NDSU 24
UNI 17

How many more Farley linebackers are waiting in the wings?

Dewey

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2017, 07:31 AM
UNI 24
NDSU 17

Sell the kids, sell the wives and daughters, convert all equity to cash and bet the ranch #bookit

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 08:10 AM
UNI 24
NDSU 17

Sell the kids, sell the wives and daughters, convert all equity to cash and bet the ranch #bookit

xlolx

I love it!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 08:33 AM
Looking forward to this game. UNI always plays the Bison tough and I suspect they will again this Saturday.

UNI always has a good defense but it looks like they are average at best this year:

Scoring defense: 27 points/game #67 in the FCS

Total defense: 408 yards/game #88 in the FCS

Rushing defense: 141 yards/game #52 in the FCS

Passing defense: 267 yards/game #106 in the FCS

Bison are #1 in all categories except in rushing defense, they are #4

For this game, throw out the stats and records because it will be a good old fashioned slugfest.

For both teams, the game will be won in the trenches.

AmsterBison
October 22nd, 2017, 08:55 AM
Watched most of the UNI v YSU game. UNI dominated them on the line. UNI's pass defense just kept everything in front of them.

YSU: 47 yards rushing. UNI: 181

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 09:00 AM
Watched most of the UNI v YSU game. UNI dominated them on the line. UNI's pass defense just kept everything in front of them.

YSU: 47 yards rushing. UNI: 181

UNI gave up 258 yards passing, about on par with their season average.

Bison should be able to exploit their pass defense and that will open up the run game.

clenz
October 22nd, 2017, 09:03 AM
So, I may or may not make an appearance in Fargo. However that said, Farley gonna Farley.

Find a new shtick.

clenz
October 22nd, 2017, 09:07 AM
Looking forward to this game. UNI always plays the Bison tough and I suspect they will again this Saturday.

UNI always has a good defense but it looks like they are average at best this year:

Scoring defense: 27 points/game #67 in the FCS

Total defense: 408 yards/game #88 in the FCS

Rushing defense: 141 yards/game #52 in the FCS

Passing defense: 267 yards/game #106 in the FCS

Bison are #1 in all categories except in rushing defense, they are #4

For this game, throw out the stats and records because it will be a good old fashioned slugfest.

For both teams, the game will be won in the trenches.

If only we’d have played Mississippi Valley State, Robert Morris, Missouri State and Indiana State this year compares to a top 25 FBS team, a top 15 FCS team in SUU (that just boat raced the best team NDSU has played), and three top 10 fcs teams

Maybe then our defense would be seen as dominating rather than average at best.

10 sacks yesterday. 13 TFL

YSU went into the game averaging 200+ yards rushing per game. They had 47 yards on 36 carries.

Tevin Mccaster has 90 yards on 16 carries vs NDSU. He has 26 yards on 12 carries vs UNI.

SDSU has 52 yards on 26 carries

WIU got to 134 but did so at just 4YPC.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2017, 09:14 AM
If only we’d have played Mississippi Valley State, Robert Morris, Missouri State and Indiana State this year compares to a top 25 FBS team, a top 15 FCS team in SUU (that just boat raced the best team NDSU has played), and three top 10 fcs teams

10 sacks yesterday. 13 TFLReference this post, no way the Bison can match up to UNI, Bison SOS sucks, Bison stats are fiction, UNI is battle tested and ready, UNI fans are back and engaged after dumping on them for the past year. There is no way to overcome this type of mojo, UNI 24 NDSU 17 #bookit, ****ing #bookit

clenz
October 22nd, 2017, 09:15 AM
Reference this post, no way the Bison can match up to UNI, Bison SOS sucks, Bison stats are fiction, UNI is battle tested and ready, UNI fans are back and engaged after dumping on them for the past year. There is no way to overcome this type of mojo, UNI 24 NDSU 17 #bookit, ****ing #bookit

Nah. NDSU still wins, but I despise the way NDSU fans boast about their total defense numbers when they’ve played an SOS then OVC and MEAC teams go “Uh....maybe that’s a bit soft for even us”

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 09:18 AM

YSU went into the game averaging 200+ yards rushing per game. They had 47 yards on 36 carries.

Tevin Mccaster has 90 yards on 16 carries vs NDSU. He has 26 yards on 12 carries vs UNI.

Stats do not tell the whole story, as they say. Did you read where I said "throw the stats and records out"....or did you just get your nose bent out of shape because of what I posted?

WIU also had 434 total yards in that game. NDSU held them to 31 yards rushing.

You want to get into a pissing match then fine.

Like I said, throw out the stats and records. It will be a slugfest and I am looking forward to it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 09:20 AM
Nah. NDSU still wins, but I despise the way NDSU fans boast about their total defense numbers when they’ve played an SOS then OVC and MEAC teams go “Uh....maybe that’s a bit soft for even us”

xblahxxblahxxblahx

Ya, NDSU has had some cupcakes so far but it doesn't change the fact they are a really good defense.

clenz
October 22nd, 2017, 09:21 AM
Some?

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2017, 09:24 AM
The only cupcake UNI has played to this point took them to OT.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 09:24 AM
Some?

UNI will play MSU and ISUb also.

EWU wasn't too bad. Yes, MVSU and RMU are pretty bad.

UNI will play NDSU tough like they always do and this game will be a 4 quarter game.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2017, 09:27 AM
Nah. NDSU still wins, but I despise the way NDSU fans boast about their total defense numbers when they’ve played an SOS then OVC and MEAC teams go “Uh....maybe that’s a bit soft for even us”Agree 100%, Bison D is overrated, UNI has too much offensive firepower for a banged up NDSU D to overcome, #bookit

God this is exhausting.

UNIFanSince1983
October 22nd, 2017, 09:32 AM
I still think NDSU dominates UNI, but let's not talk about this NDSU defense like it is the 2nd coming of 2013.

clenz
October 22nd, 2017, 09:35 AM

UNI will play NDSU tough like they always do and this game will be a 4 quarter game.

The point I was making was to look at raw total defense numbers and compare them is ****ing stupid when looking at SOS.

Yes, UNI will play MSU and ISUb. They won’t until the last two weeks of the season. UNI doesn’t get to have those built in to drop averages. Also doesn’t have Mississippi Valley State or Robert Morris - who combined give less scholarships than any mvfc school. We have Iowa State, who is actually a top 25 fbs team right now and Southern Utah - a top 15 FCS team.

You can also say “throw the stats out because of whatever reason”. If that’s the case, why bring total defense stats up at all?

clenz
October 22nd, 2017, 09:39 AM
FWIW here’s a SOS ranking from Massey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/e1332f1b53126a9d5cf03d1ad4a05aeb.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/d01dadcf4dee27f25d67c1076a013ea8.jpg

Interesting to not that Massey has UNI as the 7th rated defense and the 10 rated offense. Not too far behind NDSU in either

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/e54a4b546a30b1bf7b73182bbdd070e3.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/8f622b4423dd4a9c22038061ade5e61b.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 09:46 AM
The point I was making was to look at raw total defense numbers and compare them is ****ing stupid when looking at SOS.

Yes, UNI will play MSU and ISUb. They won’t until the last two weeks of the season. UNI doesn’t get to have those built in to drop averages. Also doesn’t have Mississippi Valley State or Robert Morris - who combined give less scholarships than any mvfc school. We have Iowa State, who is actually a top 25 fbs team right now and Southern Utah - a top 15 FCS team.

You can also say “throw the stats out because of whatever reason”. If that’s the case, why bring total defense stats up at all?

I just like good defenses. I didn't put up the stats on defense to "disrespect" UNI, as I said, stats are deceiving. UNI has always had very good defenses and I'm sure this year's version is a good one also. Yes, their stats are probably skewed because of who they have played......same as the Bison. Maybe the Bison are not as good as I think because of some of the teams they have played. I kind of doubt it though after watching this team and their play so far.

WIU has a really balanced offense and the Bison had them at 100 total yards until they started to lay back in a prevent zone in the 4th quarter. No, the Bison are not the greatest defense since the '85 but IMO, they are pretty darn good right now in the FCS.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2017, 10:05 AM
Find a new shtick.

That would require me to try new things. Not too big of a fan of that.

IBleedYellow
October 22nd, 2017, 10:22 AM
If the defense that played against WIU yesterday shows up I'll feel pretty damn good about the rest of the year.

Lights out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 10:23 AM
If the defense that played against WIU yesterday shows up I'll feel pretty damn good about the rest of the year.

Lights out.

If that happens the rest of the conference season: 11-0

FargoBison
October 22nd, 2017, 11:02 AM
I still think NDSU dominates UNI, but let's not talk about this NDSU defense like it is the 2nd coming of 2013.

Before the injuries it may have been the best defense we've ever had, even with the injuries it is still the best in the FCS.

clenz
October 22nd, 2017, 11:04 AM
That would require me to try new things. Not too big of a fan of that.

It would require any effort from you.

None of your anti UNI schtick is your own thoughts. It’s just you thinking your funny and parroting **** UNI fans have talked about without any actual backing to it.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2017, 11:17 AM
It would require any effort from you.

None of your anti UNI schtick is your own thoughts. It’s just you thinking your funny and parroting **** UNI fans have talked about without any actual backing to it.

I grew up an Iowa fan? My supposed "anti-UNI" thoughts were ingrained into me. The thing is, there is numerous times where Farley steps on his own dick and goes away from the game plan that is working and other teams exploit it. What more do you want from me?

2015: NDSU vs UNI playoffs

The game is tied 10 to 10. Everything is going fine. Bruce returns the kick for a TD and takes the lead in the 2nd half. What happens in the 1st half?

UNI:
-10 plays 75yds TD
-3 plays -4yds Punt
-5 plays 10yds Fumble
-7 plays 33yds Punt
-4 plays 8yds FG
-6 plays 16yds Punt
-1 play 7yds End of Half

So not bad, but NDSU was damn near as bad in the first half since Farley is executing his gameplan perfectly on the road in the playoffs.

2nd half?

UNI:
-3 plays 2yds Punt
-3 plays 2yds Punt
-3 plays 1yd Punt
-3 plays 2yds Punt
-7 plays 69yds FG
-3 plays 8yds Punt
-1 play -7yds Safety

Notice something? Farley done ****ed up. This is not me being lazy. This is me being honest and you not liking it. They gained 1pt the entire 2nd half and went 3 and out, 5 of the 7 drives and gave up a safety to practically end the game.

I could give more examples but the this is the truth.

X-Factor
October 22nd, 2017, 11:48 AM
If that happens the rest of the conference season: 11-0

The differnece is that the DL is starting to get some serious pressure whereas earlier in the season not so much.
Coach also said that Nick and Nate are still hampered a bit. Nate had his knee drained (last week?). If those two get to 100% these close games will turn into multi-score wins. Nate has been fairly unnoticed this season compared to his usual form (8 tackles, only 1 sack). Hopefully he can get back to his usual.

semobison
October 22nd, 2017, 12:41 PM
UNI week! I respect UNI but I also loathe them. This is looking like it's going to be another extremely physical game. Stats in conference games actually show UNI ranked ahead of the Bison in Rush Defense. They completely shut down Y-town Saturday! Who can effectively run the ball will most likely decide this.

katss07
October 22nd, 2017, 12:56 PM
This game could be very similar to the WIU-NDSU game this weekend. Northern Iowa will put up a fight, but I think the Bison pull away in the second half. UNI is fighting for their playoff lives, so this is a very critical game for the program. Only seems right that it comes against North Dakota State.

Houndawg
October 22nd, 2017, 04:17 PM
I think UNI is being underestimated a bit. I would have NDSU the clear favorite but if I were in a pool and needed to make up some ground I would take UNI as the week's upset special

BisonBacker
October 22nd, 2017, 08:59 PM

NDSU is their super bowl xlolx

Gil Dobie
October 23rd, 2017, 08:23 AM
If Cap'n Cat picks UNI, NDSU wins, if he picks NDSU, UNI wins.

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2017, 08:45 AM
Going to be another slugfest as usual between these 2 teams. Both teams will have the same objectives. Stop the run and run the ball. I think whichever team can throw the ball efficiently and move the chains gets the win. NDSU is extremely thin at RB with Dunn possibly out now. I wonder if Klieman is forced to pull a RS. That would suck this late in the year.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 08:46 AM
I grew up an Iowa fan? My supposed "anti-UNI" thoughts were ingrained into me. The thing is, there is numerous times where Farley steps on his own dick and goes away from the game plan that is working and other teams exploit it. What more do you want from me?

2015: NDSU vs UNI playoffs

Notice something? Farley done ****ed up. This is not me being lazy. This is me being honest and you not liking it. They gained 1pt the entire 2nd half and went 3 and out, 5 of the 7 drives and gave up a safety to practically end the game.

I could give more examples but the this is the truth.
You want to know how i know you full of ****.

1. How long did you live in Iowa? I'm calling bull**** on "ingrained" in you. You want to know why? I'm 29 years 10 months and 3 days old. I've spent damn near every single day of my life in this state. If I added up all of the trips/vacations/nights I've spend outside of the state of Iowa, I've still spent over 29 years in the state of Iowa. You want to know what doesn't exist in this state? A deeply rooted hatred of UNI that is ingrained in residents. You want proof? The Des Moines Register did a survey in like 2013ish and found that something like 90% of Iowans will cheer for UNI, behind Iowa/Iowa State before the cheer for the other of Iowa/Iowa State. Further proof? I can tell you from experience that UNI is ignored, state wide, except for the following times:

A. They are playing Iowa/Iowa State. In that case the other Iowa/Iowa State fan base is pulling for UNI.
B. Playoff run in football
C. NCAA basketball run
D. July when there is nothing left to write about and the Des Moines Register decides it's time to start their 2 week long (every year it's clock work) examination of state funding.

Outside of those 4 times a year, there is zero "hated ingrained" in anyone in this state. I have lived in every corner of this state except the Council Bluffs area. I can promise you the feelings towards UNI are nothing more than "Meh" to 99.9999999999% of this state as long as we aren't asking for $10 of that $100m that Iowa gets.I guess if you grew up in Council Bluffs you might have *some* anti-UNI feelings. Why? It's not because of anything related to the state of Iowa. It'd be coming from Omaha - specifically Creighton University. This reason for hating UNI is akin to going "I grew up in North Dakota, so hating Jamestown is ingrained in me". Bull****. Everyone knows it.

2. To build on point 1. How much time did you spend in Iowa growing up? Given the only references you make to Iowa are Iowa City, I'm guessing not much. Given you think you can get from downtown Iowa City to the UNIDome in under an hour, I'm guessing very little. Considering you view Millstream as the best Microbrew in the state, not much.

3. The only point of references you ever use are NDSU games. Those are easy references. If you truly felt that way about Farley - beyond just repeting the examples you've heard used repeatedly here you wouldn't even get to NDSU games. Hell, many wouldn't even be losses. However, the fact is that you coudln't name a "Farley being Farley" win. Why? Because it doesn't entirely fit your narrative of looking at loss box scores.

4. 95% of the talking points you've listed this year are THINGS I SAID TO YOU IN FARGO. Never before were the mentioned by you. All of a sudden I am talking with BF02 at a tailgate, I mention a couple things and within a week it's your narrative on here. You think I didn't notice that ****?

5. Building on point 4 - you didn't do any of this (or at least .000693%) anti-Farley **** before this year when it became even easier following the SUU and WIU losses. You aren't even adding to the threads you are in. You are simply going into UNI threads and going "Farley gonna Farley" "UNI gonna blow it" "Farley blah blah blah"

6. You don't know **** about UNI's history. You continually talk about how UNI ****s up in OOC play and then screws the conference over in October and November. Want to know something? Between 1998-2015 UNI had 3 total FCS OOC losses. 98 McNeese State, 04 SFA, 10 SFA. That's it. AAMoF the average UNI record in OOC play was something like 3.3-1.4 or some **** like that, including FBS and D2 games. Even furthering the point it's just you parroting UNI fans, because that narrative really took off last season as the main talking point.

7. You want I should keep going?

IBleedYellow
October 23rd, 2017, 11:00 AM
LMAO

TheRevSFA
October 23rd, 2017, 11:11 AM
I’m interested in the driving in Iowa aspect of Clenz’ post....

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 11:14 AM
I’m interested in the driving in Iowa aspect of Clenz’ post....
What do you want to know? I've driven the state, extensively. Actually, having never been on a plane yet having been to Mexico, Canada, and many states between the Appalachians and Pacific Northwest, I've driving much of the country extensively.

Missouri and Kansas are very bad to drive through. Indiana is just as bad, but often forgotten for how ****ty it is because of Indianapolis.

TheRevSFA
October 23rd, 2017, 11:14 AM
What do you want to know? I've driven the state, extensively. Actually, having never been on a plane yet having been to Mexico, Canada, and many states between the Appalachians and Pacific Northwest, I've driving much of the country extensively.

No, I want to hear him explain his time on the drive from Iowa City to UNI

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2017, 11:34 AM
No, I want to hear him explain his time on the drive from Iowa City to UNI89 miles from Iowa City to Cedar Falls, interstate all the way, takes an 1h 10m max to do it, I have driven it a bunch of times. Clenz must drive like an old lady.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 11:35 AM
89 miles from Iowa City to Cedar Falls, interstate all the way, takes an 1h 10m max to do it, I have driven it a bunch of times. Clenz must drive like an old lady.
From downtown Iowa City to the UNIDome can not be done in 1:10 unless you're doing 90+ on the interstate.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2017, 11:37 AM
From downtown Iowa City to the UNIDome can not be done in 1:10 unless you're doing 90+ on the interstate.So what is your point:D Yes, downtown Iowa City to the dome is more than 1:10 but if start tracking the time that you hit interstate at IC until you hit Cedar Falls proper, it is about 1:10.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 11:44 AM
So what is your point:D Yes, downtown Iowa City to the dome is more than 1:10 but if start tracking the time that you hit interstate at IC until you hit Cedar Falls proper, it is about 1:10.
Great.

It's 15 minutes to the interstate from downtown Iowa City (which is what Kingpin claimed as his starting point)
It's 10-15 minutes to the UNIDome from Cedar Falls proper (which is what Kingpin claimed as his ending point)

If you want to move the goal posts, then so be it I guess.

That's like saying I can get from my house to the Twin Cities in like 3 and a quarter hours.

Sure, if I drive 85-90 and consider the far far southern edge of the southern most suburb of the Twin Cities (Lakeville), I can. If we aren't moving the goal posts, and assuming I don't drive like a ****ing dip**** it takes me 4 hours to get to the 35W/494 exit. To get downtown Minneapolis from my house is probably 4.5 hours. Of if I don't start counting time when I start driving, but do it a half hour later then of course I can make it in 3.5 hours

Lorne_Malvo
October 23rd, 2017, 12:46 PM

Missouri and Kansas are very bad to drive through. Indiana is just as bad, but often forgotten for how ****ty it is because of Indianapolis.

Ever driven in Fargo? Worst drivers on the entire planet.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 12:50 PM
Ever driven in Fargo? Worst drivers on the entire planet.

Yes. Not even close. Not at all. Not by light years.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2017, 01:41 PM
Great.

It's 15 minutes to the interstate from downtown Iowa City (which is what Kingpin claimed as his starting point)
It's 10-15 minutes to the UNIDome from Cedar Falls proper (which is what Kingpin claimed as his ending point)

If you want to move the goal posts, then so be it I guess.

That's like saying I can get from my house to the Twin Cities in like 3 and a quarter hours.

Sure, if I drive 85-90 and consider the far far southern edge of the southern most suburb of the Twin Cities (Lakeville), I can. If we aren't moving the goal posts, and assuming I don't drive like a ****ing dip**** it takes me 4 hours to get to the 35W/494 exit. To get downtown Minneapolis from my house is probably 4.5 hours. Of if I don't start counting time when I start driving, but do it a half hour later then of course I can make it in 3.5 hoursI don't know what the hell you and KP are talking about as I only drive by those places, I don't have business in either of those cities, just thought i would stir the pot a little bit. I do drive pretty fast, cops don't stop you when you are driving a black pick-up, it is an unwritten rule.

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2017, 01:51 PM
xpopcornx

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 01:56 PM
I don't know what the hell you and KP are talking about as I only drive by those places, I don't have business in either of those cities, just thought i would stir the pot a little bit. I do drive pretty fast, cops don't stop you when you are driving a black pick-up, it is an unwritten rule.
Goes back to the WIU/UNI game thread. Lawson was looking for food recomendations. KP suggest he stop in Iowa City on his way up to the game. It was Iowa's homeciming. He insisted that Lawson could make it out of downtown Iowa City on the Saturday of Iowa's homecoming TO THE UNIDome and be in the dome, in an hour. It was also UNI's homecoming. Parking closer than a 10 minute walk to the dome wasn't going to happen. Basically he said you could get there in 50 minutes

He continued to double down on his stupidity, and eventually reverted to what you did and went "Well, if you look at Exit so and so for Iowa City and Exist such and such by Cedar Falls it's an hour". Meanwhile the exit he referenced for Iowa City was 15 minutes from down down and the exit for UNI he referenced was 35 minutes from the UNIDome.

Then trippled down saying "I HAVE FAMILY IN IOWA CITY, I KNOW THAT AREA BETTER THAN YOU", apparently ignoring the fact that I live in Cedar Rapids/Iowa City metro. I go to Iowa City (specifically Kinnick Stadium) 3 to 4 times a month for work. I know the time it takes to get places around here.

Quadrupled down in this thread by going "I HATE UNI BECAUSE I GREW UP IN IOWA. IT'S INGRAINED IN PEOPLE THERE".

FargoBison
October 23rd, 2017, 02:12 PM
Dunn is doubtful for this game...sounds like Ty Brooks will be back though so some depth at RB.

Chris Board also still out for another week.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 02:16 PM
With UNI moving to this 3-4/3-3-5 hybrid 2 weeks ago, the defense has taken on a new life. It's crazy how much life there is right now. Players just flying and make players. Before it seemed like they spent time thinking, not reacting.

What's NDSU success like against that type of defense?

FargoBison
October 23rd, 2017, 02:22 PM
With UNI moving to this 3-4/3-3-5 hybrid 2 weeks ago, the defense has taken on a new life. It's crazy how much life there is right now. Players just flying and make players. Before it seemed like they spent time thinking, not reacting.

Not sure when we last played a 3-3-5 defense, doesn't Richmond play that scheme?

We experimented with it some last year(actually ran it a full game against EWU), so I guess some players have practiced against it.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 02:25 PM
Dunn is doubtful for this game...sounds like Ty Brooks will be back though so some depth at RB.

Chris Board also still out for another week.
And if Klieman says he's doubtful on Monday it's almost certain that he's not playing the following Saturday.

Not sure when we last played a 3-3-5 defense, doesn't Richmond play that scheme?

We experimented with it some last year(actually ran it a full game against EWU), so I guess some players have practiced against it.
I think Jacksonville St played a 3-3-5 in 2015 also. So NDSU's success has been quite good against it but none of those teams they've seen play it play with the physicality that UNI does so it's probably not the best comparison.

I'd expect the Bison to be able to run on most 3-3-5s but UNI completely shut down YSU's run game last week so can't really bet on that either it seems.

FargoBison
October 23rd, 2017, 02:34 PM
I think it is going to be a big game for Stick. He is the team's most dynamic runner with Dunn on the shelf, I'm sure the coaches don't want him getting beat up but I'm not sure they'll have much choice. Bruce isn't really a workhorse back and neither is Brooks.

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2017, 02:37 PM
Our offense has typically had trouble with a 3 man front but looked OK against WIU this weekend. UNI looked very tough against YSU.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 02:59 PM
UNI's defense is still technically listed as a 4-3 after looking at the participation chart, but it's not.

Starters from Saturday
Starters were listed as

Adam Reth--Bryce Campbell--Preston Woods--Rickey Neal

Duncan Ferch----Jared Farley----Keelon Brookens

Malcom Washington---AJ Allen---Elijah Campbell---Malcom Washington

However, Rickey Neal is a LB 6' 240lb LB and Keelon Brookens is a 6' 210lb DB

It's a 3-3-5 but Rickey was playing on the line sometimes standing sometimes down on all fours about 6 inches off the ground
https://twitter.com/UNIFootball/status/921914313476059136

Brookens shifts with the formation as a monster back.

Maybe you can call it a 4-2-5?

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
UNI's defense is still technically listed as a 4-3 after looking at the participation chart, but it's not.

Starters from Saturday
Starters were listed as

Adam Reth--Bryce Campbell--Preston Woods--Rickey Neal

Duncan Ferch----Jared Farley----Keelon Brookens

Malcom Washington---AJ Allen---Elijah Campbell---Malcom Washington

However, Rickey Neal is a LB 6' 240lb LB and Keelon Brookens is a 6' 210lb DB

It's a 3-3-5 but Rickey was playing on the line sometimes standing sometimes down on all fours about 6 inches off the ground

Brookens shifts with the formation as a monster back.

Maybe you can call it a 4-2-5?
Yeah, that's very similar to what Jacksonville St ran with Darius Jackson being the sometimes stand-up sometimes hand in the dirt edge rusher and then they had a guy who was more of a safety that they listed as a starting LB.

gumby013
October 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM

Chuck South played a 3-3-5.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 03:07 PM
Yeah, that's very similar to what Jacksonville St ran with Darius Jackson being the sometimes stand-up sometimes hand in the dirt edge rusher and then they had a guy who was more of a safety that they listed as a starting LB.
I'm not convinced it will work.

It's done very well vs SDSU and YSU.

NDSU is a different beast.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 03:12 PM
I'm not convinced it will work.

It's done very well vs SDSU and YSU.

NDSU is a different beast.
Like I said, I'd normally be pretty confident NDSU could run the ball on a 3-3-5 but UNI is a lot different from the some of the soft defenses I've seen run it in the past against NDSU.

JSUSoutherner
October 23rd, 2017, 03:16 PM

We rarely leave Jackson in coverage but you're right.

It's technically a 3-4 but we play it like a 3-3-5 since our SLB is an undersized coverage guy that plays more of a nickle role.

We usually have a safety in the box as well playing as a rover.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 03:17 PM
Like I said, I'd normally be pretty confident NDSU could run the ball on a 3-3-5 but UNI is a lot different from the some of the soft defenses I've seen run it in the past against NDSU.
If you look at my gif it's definitely a 3-3-5 look. Neal is off the line on the near side. Preston Woods is the end on that side. Brookens is about 3 yards off on the far side and crashed the TE hard with Reth crashing the tackle.

Farley flows outside. Those 5 eat up the OL. That means Farley and Ferch roam free. Then the SS flys in as soon as he reads pitch and makes the back go night night. It looks like the plan is to create a cluster **** inside the box and let the backers run to the ball

I've watched the game back and I can't tell if its

It's all and none. I've not seen Farley do this on defense. We played a more traditional 3-4 with Boothby at DT circa 09-12, but this is just unique for us

ST_Lawson
October 23rd, 2017, 03:39 PM

Is he the "spider" of the legendary Spider Two Y Banana?

TheKingpin28
October 23rd, 2017, 06:41 PM
You want to know how i know you full of ****.

1. How long did you live in Iowa? I'm calling bull**** on "ingrained" in you. You want to know why? I'm 29 years 10 months and 3 days old. I've spent damn near every single day of my life in this state. If I added up all of the trips/vacations/nights I've spend outside of the state of Iowa, I've still spent over 29 years in the state of Iowa. You want to know what doesn't exist in this state? A deeply rooted hatred of UNI that is ingrained in residents. You want proof? The Des Moines Register did a survey in like 2013ish and found that something like 90% of Iowans will cheer for UNI, behind Iowa/Iowa State before the cheer for the other of Iowa/Iowa State. Further proof? I can tell you from experience that UNI is ignored, state wide, except for the following times:

A. They are playing Iowa/Iowa State. In that case the other Iowa/Iowa State fan base is pulling for UNI.
B. Playoff run in football
C. NCAA basketball run
D. July when there is nothing left to write about and the Des Moines Register decides it's time to start their 2 week long (every year it's clock work) examination of state funding.

Outside of those 4 times a year, there is zero "hated ingrained" in anyone in this state. I have lived in every corner of this state except the Council Bluffs area. I can promise you the feelings towards UNI are nothing more than "Meh" to 99.9999999999% of this state as long as we aren't asking for $10 of that $100m that Iowa gets.I guess if you grew up in Council Bluffs you might have *some* anti-UNI feelings. Why? It's not because of anything related to the state of Iowa. It'd be coming from Omaha - specifically Creighton University. This reason for hating UNI is akin to going "I grew up in North Dakota, so hating Jamestown is ingrained in me". Bull****. Everyone knows it.

2. To build on point 1. How much time did you spend in Iowa growing up? Given the only references you make to Iowa are Iowa City, I'm guessing not much. Given you think you can get from downtown Iowa City to the UNIDome in under an hour, I'm guessing very little. Considering you view Millstream as the best Microbrew in the state, not much.

3. The only point of references you ever use are NDSU games. Those are easy references. If you truly felt that way about Farley - beyond just repeting the examples you've heard used repeatedly here you wouldn't even get to NDSU games. Hell, many wouldn't even be losses. However, the fact is that you coudln't name a "Farley being Farley" win. Why? Because it doesn't entirely fit your narrative of looking at loss box scores.

4. 95% of the talking points you've listed this year are THINGS I SAID TO YOU IN FARGO. Never before were the mentioned by you. All of a sudden I am talking with BF02 at a tailgate, I mention a couple things and within a week it's your narrative on here. You think I didn't notice that ****?

5. Building on point 4 - you didn't do any of this (or at least .000693%) anti-Farley **** before this year when it became even easier following the SUU and WIU losses. You aren't even adding to the threads you are in. You are simply going into UNI threads and going "Farley gonna Farley" "UNI gonna blow it" "Farley blah blah blah"

6. You don't know **** about UNI's history. You continually talk about how UNI ****s up in OOC play and then screws the conference over in October and November. Want to know something? Between 1998-2015 UNI had 3 total FCS OOC losses. 98 McNeese State, 04 SFA, 10 SFA. That's it. AAMoF the average UNI record in OOC play was something like 3.3-1.4 or some **** like that, including FBS and D2 games. Even furthering the point it's just you parroting UNI fans, because that narrative really took off last season as the main talking point.

7. You want I should keep going?

No, I want to hear him explain his time on the drive from Iowa City to UNI

89 miles from Iowa City to Cedar Falls, interstate all the way, takes an 1h 10m max to do it, I have driven it a bunch of times. Clenz must drive like an old lady.

Holy **** man. Seriously? When your ENTIRE family has lived in the Iowa City area for 100+ years and your family have been boosters and football goers since the 50s, I might know a thing or two. I do not completely hate ISU as there is no reason to hate little brother. UNI is more of a "rivalry" for me since my moms side have been Bison/Dragon supporters and dads side is Hawkeye fans. If more than 1 person can corroborate something, the odds are it exists. If I can drive from the edge of Iowa City to Waterloo/CF in 1 hour and another person can do it in 1:10, is it possible I am right. I have nothing against Farley and am glad he is your coach. He has helped NDSU succeed by letting go of Klieman and letting NDSU take him. If you want to disagree about certain things, that is fine, but don't sit there and pretend your way is the only way.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 23rd, 2017, 07:13 PM
Holy **** man. Seriously? When your ENTIRE family has lived in the Iowa City area for 100+ years and your family have been boosters and football goers since the 50s, I might know a thing or two. I do not completely hate ISU as there is no reason to hate little brother. UNI is more of a "rivalry" for me since my moms side have been Bison/Dragon supporters and dads side is Hawkeye fans. If more than 1 person can corroborate something, the odds are it exists. If I can drive from the edge of Iowa City to Waterloo/CF in 1 hour and another person can do it in 1:10, is it possible I am right. I have nothing against Farley and am glad he is your coach. He has helped NDSU succeed by letting go of Klieman and letting NDSU take him. If you want to disagree about certain things, that is fine, but don't sit there and pretend your way is the only way.

That last sentence is a reoccurring theme with him.

Shrug it off, the way I drive sometimes, I can make that trip probably faster. Radar detector included though.....lol

TheKingpin28
October 23rd, 2017, 07:20 PM
That last sentence is a reoccurring theme with him.

Shrug it off, the way I drive sometimes, I can make that trip probably faster. Radar detector included though.....lol

I am a horrible driver and I go at least 10 over when I am on the highways and if I have my radar going, I have been known to go 15 over when necessary and I need to be somewhere. When taking 380 to the UNI-Dome, it is 70mph from the 380/90 intersection and 82.7 miles, so 1:17. Now if I go 80, which most people do since my family drives that route frequently, it takes 1 hour from that intersection to the UNI-Dome, but what do I know, it's not like I have never made that drive. xcoffeex

cx500d
October 23rd, 2017, 07:27 PM
You want to know why? I'm 29 years 10 months and 3 days old. I've spent damn near every single day of my life in this state.

Wow, thats an impressive life statistic....I'm only going to follow your advice from now on because it's obvious you truly know it all...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 23rd, 2017, 08:43 PM
NDSU: 28-13

UNIFanSince1983
October 23rd, 2017, 08:51 PM
NDSU: 28-13

While I do agree with your prediction history says it will be closer than that. Since 2008 when NDSU and UNI started playing again only 2 games were decided by 15 or more. Both UNI victories.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 23rd, 2017, 09:01 PM
While I do agree with your prediction history says it will be closer than that. Since 2008 when NDSU and UNI started playing again only 2 games were decided by 15 or more. Both UNI victories.

Could be closer. NDSU's offense is a lot better than last year.

Looking forward to this one, like all UNI/NDSU games.

uni88
October 23rd, 2017, 09:24 PM
If you look at my gif it's definitely a 3-3-5 look. Neal is off the line on the near side. Preston Woods is the end on that side. Brookens is about 3 yards off on the far side and crashed the TE hard with Reth crashing the tackle.

Farley flows outside. Those 5 eat up the OL. That means Farley and Ferch roam free. Then the SS flys in as soon as he reads pitch and makes the back go night night. It looks like the plan is to create a cluster **** inside the box and let the backers run to the ball

I've watched the game back and I can't tell if its

It's all and none. I've not seen Farley do this on defense. We played a more traditional 3-4 with Boothby at DT circa 09-12, but this is just unique for us

Are we borrowing from Gary Patterson's 4-2-5? Multiplicity But Simplicity: The 4-2-5 Defense (https://www.afcaweekly.com/2015/01/multiplicity-but-simplicity-why-the-4-2-5-defense/).

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 10:04 PM
That’s got to be the basis for it. I’ve spent time looking through that and some quick google searching on his 4-2-5 and the formations and adjustments are very similar.

“We divide our defense into attack groups,” Patterson explained at a coaching clinic in 2011. Those attack groups are: (1) the four defensive linemen and two linebackers, referred to as the front, (2) one cornerback, the free safety, and the strong safety, and (3) the weak safety and other corner. For most teams, the calls for the front and secondary only work if appropriately paired, but that’s not the case for TCU. “Our fronts and coverages have nothing to do with each other,” Patterson said at the clinic. “The coverage part is separate from the front.”

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171024/c42e156a8d3880e02ec5b45eec0e0183.jpeg

Tell you what, that site as hell looks and sounds like what UNI has been rolling out.

X-Factor
October 23rd, 2017, 11:18 PM
LMAO

I know. I just show up to this thread to see how riled up they can get him xlolx

Wilson16
October 23rd, 2017, 11:40 PM

Ndsu hasn't played a good team all year and that won't change this weekend. But they'll still be undefeated.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2017, 06:39 AM
Ndsu hasn't played a good team all year and that won't change this weekend. But they'll still be undefeated.

LOL

Dunne doesn't seem like the most mobile of QBs, can NDSU get some pressure on him?

Bison got some INTs last year and need to do it again.

dewey
October 24th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Here is a Bison Media Blog video of the NDSU vs. UNI game.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-uni-game-preview/

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Wait this fell to the 2nd page? Are all the Bizon busy today?

BisonTru
October 25th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Wait this fell to the 2nd page? Are all the Bizon busy today?

It's 60 degrees here today and it's suppose to snow tomorrow. Pretty safe bet this is the nicest day were going to have until April. That might have something to do with it.

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2017, 02:39 PM
I thought it snowed every day in Fargo...

SUPharmacist
October 25th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Wrong, only 2 out of every 3 days.

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2017, 03:01 PM
How long does it take coach Farley to drive from Iowa city to Cedarfalls?

clenz
October 25th, 2017, 03:06 PM
How long does it take coach Farley to drive from Iowa city to Cedarfalls?
Farley has a driver...who does 115...police escort...duh....

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2017, 03:20 PM
It doesn't but it's always ****in windy! Tomorrow is only supposed to be a couple inches of snow tops but with 35 mph sustained winds with gusts over 50 mph.

Montana blows and Minnesota sucks and all that...

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2017, 03:38 PM
It doesn't but it's always ****in windy! Tomorrow is only supposed to be a couple inches of snow tops but with 35 mph sustained winds with gusts over 50 mph.

Montana blows and Minnesota sucks and all that...

It has been really really windy here in Lincoln this week as well.

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Farley has a driver...who does 115...police escort...duh....

No helicopter?...lame.

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2017, 04:24 PM
No helicopter?...lame.

It is actually just a teleportation device...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHZ7YHKyNeE

clenz
October 25th, 2017, 04:32 PM
No helicopter?...lame.

Plans were in place for one. Then Iowa State bought their president a plane for him to use for whatever reason he wanted (to learn to get his pilot license). The state investigated and it’s all a big mess. UNI decided it was best to lay low with that for a while.

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Plans were in place for one. Then Iowa State bought their president a plane for him to use for whatever reason he wanted (to learn to get his pilot license). The state investigated and it’s all a big mess. UNI decided it was best to lay low with that for a while.

Ah, good call. Lay low long enough and he can have his own personal hyperloop built. What's his contract go to again?...2040 or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
October 25th, 2017, 05:54 PM

Also that Iowa state story? Completely real and on going

X-Factor
October 25th, 2017, 09:27 PM
DeLuca is getting a lot closer to 100% (healthy). I keep waiting for him to rip down an INT over the middle like he has done so often over the past several years. Maybe this weekend will be a turning of the page for him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Cox is better than Board at OLB.

IMO, he'll be an AA before he leaves NDSU.

dewey
October 25th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Here is an article and some quotes from UNI head coach Mark Farley.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4349221-there-not-much-new-when-ndsu-and-northern-iowa-get-together

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171026/9bc3ea15675b3d2fa4078af0ef2f9221.jpg

BisonTru
October 25th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Cox is better than Board at OLB.

IMO, he'll be an AA before he leaves NDSU.

You should have put "IMHO." Cox might be AA next year, and would have been this year with more snaps. He's seriously one of the most impressive Freshman I have seen at NDSU and that's really saying something.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2017, 09:56 PM
You should have put "IMHO." Cox might be AA next year, and would have been this year with more snaps. He's seriously one of the most impressive Freshman I have seen at NDSU and that's really saying something.

Jordheim - Marlette - Cox next year will be an awesome trio. Hopefully Pauly puts on 15 lbs because he's too small for MLB if Marlette cannot make it back.

BisonTru
October 25th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Jordheim - Marlette - Cox next year will be an awesome trio. Hopefully Pauly puts on 15 lbs because he's too small for MLB if Marlette cannot make it back.

I was really concerned losing our starting 3 for next year to start the season. Not anymore. The future looks bright. Cox is a beast. Marlette and Jordheim are solid.

dewey
October 25th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Dom Izzo has video highlights of the NDSU vs UNI games since 2011.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2017, 10:58 AM
UNI sell its ticket allotment for this game?

gregatim
October 26th, 2017, 11:51 AM

Not sure if they would all make sense to be on the field at the same time, but a trio of Marlette, Cox, and Mercadel would be the fastest trio of linebackers NDSU would have ever put on the field and it wouldn't even be close IMHO. And add to that, they all seem to be sure tacklers. The future is very bright at the linebacker position.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Interesting discussion on the Bisonville site about the UNI game. I don't post much there anymore but I like the recruiting and Wentz threads.

Some guys think this game is the biggest game every year and others don't. Personally, I think it is a big game but not most important. The most important is the one against the team that is battling you for the league title. Maybe this game could be if both win out, or maybe it is USD.

But it is always fun to beat UNI....and the Jacks.

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Interesting discussion on the Bisonville site about the UNI game. I don't post much there anymore but I like the recruiting and Wentz threads.

Some guys think this game is the biggest game every year and others don't. Personally, I think it is a big game but not most important. The most important is the one against the team that is battling you for the league title. Maybe this game could be if both win out, or maybe it is USD.

But it is always fun to beat UNI....and the Jacks.

Of the MVC schools, its UNI. That being said....NDSU plays SDSU in everything.....border war too. I lean that way.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Of the MVC schools, its UNI. That being said....NDSU plays SDSU in everything.....border war too. I lean that way.

Ya, playing them in all sports makes them probably rival #1

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 26th, 2017, 08:49 PM
This game is on Dish 412-19.
Direct TV 788.

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Ya, playing them in all sports makes them probably rival #1

OK....so I did something I never do, and since it is kinda on topic here, I'll address. xlolx

The whole rival/SDSU/UNI/fanbase thing.....

NDSU and SDSU fans and teams, for the most part, respect each other due to the DI transition and being similar in a lot of regards. There's a lot of good nature'd ribbing...easier to take lately as a Bison fan due to the success, but I don't get the sense of gross indignation on the other side either.

UNI on the other hand....kinda a different story.

I'm not on the wagon about Farley being the next coming of the anti-christ....nor am I going to parrot a few other hot topics that constantly boil back up....pick a fave.

Many people can play this game.....go dig back to the beginning of the transition and the entry into the Gateway/MVFC. Maybe UNI fans, at least in the back of their minds, could sense the tide? Fell back on the defensive? The "come talk to us when you've actually won something" rants and raves?

Well....at the very least with football...NDSU has left UNI in the ****ing dust. Its not debatable.....and the program is continuing to put distance between them. NDSU fans are able to take their time looking the rear mirror...raise a 1 finger salute...and there isn't a damn thing that can be said back besides, SEE!?!?!?! NDSU fans are complete dbags! The problem with that? We get to point at a trophy case....they have a garage door.

UNI has a great shot at winning the game on Saturday...if it was in Cedar Falls, would it prompt another occasion to rush the field? Or is the program apathy too deep now?

Lorne_Malvo
October 26th, 2017, 11:26 PM
UNI vs NDSU is generally a 3 point affair imho.

I cant pick the winner but its going to be close.

POD Knows
October 27th, 2017, 07:02 AM
OK....so I did something I never do, and since it is kinda on topic here, I'll address. xlolx

NDSU and SDSU fans and teams, for the most part, respect each other due to the DI transition and being similar in a lot of regards. There's a lot of good nature'd ribbing...easier to take lately as a Bison fan due to the success, but I don't get the sense of gross indignation on the other side either.

I'm not on the wagon about Farley being the next coming of the anti-christ....nor am I going to parrot a few other hot topics that constantly boil back up....pick a fave.

Many people can play this game.....go dig back to the beginning of the transition and the entry into the Gateway/MVFC. Maybe UNI fans, at least in the back of their minds, could sense the tide? Fell back on the defensive? The "come talk to us when you've actually won something" rants and raves?

Well....at the very least with football...NDSU has left UNI in the ****ing dust. Its not debatable.....and the program is continuing to put distance between them. NDSU fans are able to take their time looking the rear mirror...raise a 1 finger salute...and there isn't a damn thing that can be said back besides, SEE!?!?!?! NDSU fans are complete dbags! The problem with that? We get to point at a trophy case....they have a garage door.

UNI has a great shot at winning the game on Saturday...if it was in Cedar Falls, would it prompt another occasion to rush the field? Or is the program apathy too deep now?No way NDSU wins this Saturday's game against UNI, the recent UNI two game juggernaut and mojo will be to much to overcome, even at home for the Bison, UNI 24 NDSU 17, sell the house, sell the kids, sell the cats and the dogs, #bookit

dewey
October 27th, 2017, 07:06 AM
NDSU's defense is too good and the offense will score enough points to win.

NDSU 24
UNI 13

Happy Bison football eve everyone.

Dewey
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/a8712b138e74a268021e8a634b7eaa95.jpg

October 27th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Sing the praise!
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-10-25/north-dakota-state-has-created-its-own-history-book-fcs-football

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Current line on 5dimes is NDSU -17 (O/U 42). I'd probably put my money on UNI to cover.

dewey
October 27th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Current line on 5dimes is NDSU -17. I'd probably put my money on UNI to cover.

AbsoFREAKINGlutely!

NDSU by 17 would be great but I do not see that happening at all.

Dewey

X-Factor
October 27th, 2017, 09:32 AM

UNI has a great shot at winning the game on Saturday...if it was in Cedar Falls, would it prompt another occasion to rush the field? Or is the program apathy too deep now?

Couldn't have said it any better.

For Panther fans that has to be a tough nut to swallow considering what has already transpired.

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2017, 09:34 AM

For Panther fans that has to be a tough nut to swallow considering what has already transpired.

I mean but isn't NDSU really putting a huge distance between themselves and EVERY other FCS program currently?

clenz
October 27th, 2017, 09:54 AM

What's amazing is the butt hurt not to only continue after 5 national titles, but actually get stronger.

It's unlike anything I've ever seen before.

clenz
October 27th, 2017, 10:03 AM
FWIW 5dimes opened at 13.5 and 47.5

It's now, as mentioned, -17 and 42.5

So...30-13 is their prediction.

NDSU wins but I'll take the over and UNI on that one.

I'd guess like 31-20

neverobeyed
October 27th, 2017, 10:06 AM
No way NDSU wins this Saturday's game against UNI, the recent UNI two game juggernaut and mojo will be to much to overcome, even at home for the Bison, UNI 24 NDSU 17, sell the house, sell the kids, sell the cats and the dogs, #bookit

Damnit! Not the dogs!

Bisonator
October 27th, 2017, 10:22 AM
FWIW 5dimes opened at 13.5 and 47.5

It's now, as mentioned, -17 and 42.5

So...30-13 is their prediction.

NDSU wins but I'll take the over and UNI on that one.

I'd guess like 31-20
I don't see either team sniffing 30 and that line is ridiculous. I'd say something like 24-17.

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I guess I don't know if 5dimes works the same as the Vegas lines, but if it went up that much there must have been a ton of action on NDSU at -13.5. Which as I pointed out earlier in this thread history is not in favor of a big win by NDSU.

NDSU's largest margin of victory since 2008 is 12. That was in CF as well. Largest victory in Fargo was the 10 point playoff victory. Sure this could be different, but history is not on the side of a large margin of victory for NDSU.

dewey
October 27th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Here is an interesting article from the Waterloo Courier about the three top coaches at NDSU being guys who grew up in Waterloo.

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/college-football-waterloo-trio-at-the-forefront-of-ndsu-s/article_83c75716-7094-54e1-aa3d-04d6bae0d7af.html

Dewey

X-Factor
October 27th, 2017, 12:30 PM
What's amazing is the butt hurt not to only continue after 5 national titles, but actually get stronger.

It's unlike anything I've ever seen before.

I think everyone knows who has the real butthurt, and it's not Bison fans. Look, it's Bison/Panther week. If you can't handle a little jab about the truth, than please crawl back in your Farley cave while the rest of us gear up for another epic battle this weekend.

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2017, 01:22 PM
I think everyone knows who has the real butthurt, and it's not Bison fans. Look, it's Bison/Panther week. If you can't handle a little jab about the truth, than please crawl back in your Farley cave while the rest of us gear up for another epic battle this weekend.

You mean that truth that some UNI fans weren't positive that success in the GWFC would translate to the MVFC and that NDSU fans are still sour about that?

Be honest I don't even think the most optimistic NDSU fan felt that 5 straight National Championships was going happen. Sure being a contender year in and year out, but no one predicted it would go like this.

clenz
October 27th, 2017, 02:12 PM
You mean that truth that some UNI fans weren't positive that success in the GWFC would translate to the MVFC and that NDSU fans are still sour about that?

Be honest I don't even think the most optimistic NDSU fan felt that 5 straight National Championships was going happen. Sure being a contender year in and year out, but no one predicted it would go like this.
Especially after UNI fans were right initially with NDSU going 6-5 and 3-8 their first two years post Great West - and 7-4 (4-4) in their third season in the MVFC during the regular season.

I get rubbing it in in 2011.
I get 2012
2013 because of how dominant the season was? Sure

It's been 7 years. UNI fans have long admitted NDSU went way past UNI. There aren't many UNI fans real positive about any part of our program right now. The grudge is over **** that was said in 2008 and 2009.

It's like the Hatfield and McCoy still being pissed at each other. It's just stupid.

dewey
October 27th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Dang it UNIFanSince1983 and Clenz stop bringing in logic to the thread. Just bring the hate and all will be good:D

Dewey

Bisonator
October 27th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Especially after UNI fans were right initially with NDSU going 6-5 and 3-8 their first two years post Great West - and 7-4 (4-4) in their third season in the MVFC during the regular season.

I get rubbing it in in 2011.
I get 2012
2013 because of how dominant the season was? Sure

It's been 7 years. UNI fans have long admitted NDSU went way past UNI. There aren't many UNI fans real positive about any part of our program right now. The grudge is over **** that was said in 2008 and 2009.

It's like the Hatfield and McCoy still being pissed at each other. It's just stupid.
Agreed. **** UNI. xlolx

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Dang it UNIFanSince1983 and Clenz stop bringing in logic to the thread. Just bring the hate and all will be good:D

Dewey
They need lessons from UND fans (and UND's president) on how to irrationally rationalize or just deflect the fact that NDSU football has left them in the dust. :D

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2017, 04:39 PM
I mean that fact that you did it with a head coach who is a Panther, and now you have an OC that is a Panther. And a DC who is from Waterloo. I mean at this point it really is just rubbing it in...

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2017, 04:46 PM
I mean that fact that you did it with a head coach who is a Panther, and now you have an OC that is a Panther. And a DC who is from Waterloo. I mean at this point it really is just rubbing it in...
Even did it with a former UNI player a few years back. ;)

http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=&rp_id=4969

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Lest we forget Lance Dunn is from Waterloo West as well.

Green1
October 27th, 2017, 05:12 PM

Lest we forget Lance Dunn is from Waterloo West as well.

I guess the moral of the story is that Iowans looking for success should "Go North young man!".

WeAreThePride
October 27th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Sing the praise!
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-10-25/north-dakota-state-has-created-its-own-history-book-fcs-football

Says Wentz beat Iowa.

dewey
October 27th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Says Wentz beat Iowa.

Well he did help them win....Connor Wentz that is.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Stick's ability to run the ball will come into play today. UNI gives up a ton of passing yards so the Bison need to try and exploit that.

The Bison defense is playing really well right now and it will be an interesting matchup today for them.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171028/354c1f63e5015ec05614201133141496.jpg

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 07:55 AM
https://youtu.be/3TbKR1tacEc

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 08:26 AM
The real question now is if I have enough confidence to add UNI to my teaser at +23. Seems like a no doubter with the history, but for some reason it isn't for me.

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2017, 08:29 AM
The real question now is if I have enough confidence to add UNI to my teaser at +23. Seems like a no doubter with the history, but for some reason it isn't for me.

Where are you getting UNI +23?! I wish the site I use had our line.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Where are you getting UNI +23?! I wish the site I use had our line.

Well it is 5Dimes with a 6pt teaser. So the line is actually +17, but the 6pt teaser puts it at +23

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2017, 08:40 AM
We are doing breakfast pizza with pineapple today, so I think the Panthers will win!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 08:49 AM
We are doing breakfast pizza with pineapple today, so I think the Panthers will win!

:pumpuke:

Pizza good. Pineapple good. Not together!

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 09:30 AM

I thought we were going to try that when I came down in about a month or so? Excellent choice though!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 09:37 AM
I thought we were going to try that when I came down in about a month or so? Excellent choice though!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26367&stc=1

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 09:40 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26367&stc=1

I was going to hit him up when I got to Iowa City for Thanksgiving driving 85+ as I am a horrible driver, and we were thinking about possibly doing a Casey's Breakfast Pizza with EXTRA pineapple on it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 10:18 AM
I was going to hit him up when I got to Iowa City for Thanksgiving driving 85+ as I am a horrible driver, and we were thinking about possibly doing a Casey's Breakfast Pizza with EXTRA pineapple on it.

xsmhx.....xsmhx.....:D.....I knew there was something wrong with you....:Dxthumbsupx

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2017, 10:24 AM

I figured you would drive too fast and end up in Missouri

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 10:35 AM
xsmhx.....xsmhx.....:D.....I knew there was something wrong with you....:Dxthumbsupx

Well I do call it Duck Duck Grey Duck, so it is entirely possible I am slightly deranged?

I figured you would drive too fast and end up in Missouri

Considering how bad of a driver I am, it is entirely possible that I would blow on by Iowa City and be like, **** it, snow sucks and I am done with this ****.

I have been to Missery and it was a 1 and done deal. Went to St. Louis for a choir competition and I told myself I would never go back. Well, I wanted to go to PCB for Spring Break a few years back, so I did, and I had to travel through Missery via 70 from KC to St. Louis, and then I did not go back, but I felt dirty going through it. :D

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 10:37 AM

It took you this long to come to that conclusion:D

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 10:44 AM

Dewey

That is a low blow. I thought we were able to look past your belief of Miller being a decent beer... xdrunkyx

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 10:47 AM
That is a low blow. I thought we were able to look past your belief of Miller being a decent beer... xdrunkyxIt was too easy. I couldn't help it.

Let's pause and think aboit the scenery before the San Diego game. Ahh!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 10:48 AM
It was too easy. I couldn't help it.

Let's pause and think aboit the scenery before the San Diego game. Ahh!

Dewey

That was a great scene. We need to recreate that with Laker sometime and have POD get all bitchy at us for "not telling him" and then BF02 try and pretend that she was not that attractive.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 10:49 AM

Dewey

No kidding...xlolx

I need to reevaluate who I yap with during tailgates.....:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 10:50 AM
That was a great scene. We need to recreate that with Laker sometime and have POD get all bitchy at us for "not telling him" and then BF02 try and pretend that she was not that attractive.

I thought I was getting close with some pictures a few months back but the forum police gave me hell....:D

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 10:51 AM
No kidding...xlolx

I need to reevaluate who I yap with during tailgates.....:D

That is why I am THE Emotional Fair Weather Fan.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I thought I was getting close with some pictures a few months back but the forum police gave me hell....:D

I thought we established this, no cops! xlolx

X-Factor
October 28th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Here we go!

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Hail the Bison!

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Excellent start for the Bison as the Panthers start at the 15.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Bison force a 3 and out.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Good to see Cain get some PT and a nice catch for 26yds.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Stick with the INT at the goalline.

Lorne_Malvo
October 28th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Stick with the INT at the goalline.

I dont understand how he always starts so bad.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:46 PM
I dont understand how he always starts so bad.

This is only the 2nd game he has had an INT, so I will give him a pass since he turned it up last week after starting slow.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Good punt return sets Bison up deep in UNI territory. About the 20.

Dewey

Drblankstare
October 28th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Not real sharp so far by either team

Lorne_Malvo
October 28th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Stick needs to get his head out of his ass.

What a train wreck.

grizband
October 28th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Is this game on ESPN 3?

TheKingpin28
Why would you run sideways when running forward would have led to close to 10?

dewey
Throw it away Stick!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
Is this game on ESPN 3?

Yes

dewey
Is this game on ESPN 3?

Yes.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Are you kidding me?

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Freaking blocked field goal!

2 big stops by UNI.

Dewey

centennial
October 28th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Why would you run sideways when running forward would have led to close to 10?

That was a really stupid play.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 02:56 PM

And why didn't he throw it away?

Dewey

centennial
October 28th, 2017, 02:56 PM
More holding by UNI.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:57 PM

And why didn't he throw it away?

Dewey

It was an awful read. Should never have been a sack.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 02:58 PM
STRIP SACK FOR THE BISON!!!

That was some serious pressure. Dunne had no chance.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Strip sack recovered by NDSU at UNI 35 or so.

Forced by DeLuca! 52nd game for #49.

Dewey

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:00 PM
1st down by Bruce!

Dewey

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:01 PM
NDSU at UNI 19.

2nd and 6 or so.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:01 PM
The Bison O/ST, needs some work. The defense, well, it's stout.

Updated.

Lorne_Malvo
October 28th, 2017, 03:02 PM
NDSU looks like dog ****.

centennial
This is how you lose games.

TheKingpin28
Again!?!?!? Are you ****ing kidding me? Someone block Reth already.

dewey
4th and 2. Field goal attempt coming. A lot of game so far played in UNI territory.

Blocked field goal. #99 with his second blocked field goal.

Dewey

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 03:03 PM
NDSU looks like dog ****.

Oddly enough so does UNI.

dewey
NDSU is moving the ball but UNI to their credit has made some big plays deep in their territory.

Dewey

Southern Bison
NDSU offense needs to complete a drive. Bison D won't hold UNI back forever

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:04 PM
^^^^^This!

Dewey

NDSU plays like this, they lose out the rest of the way. This is just unacceptable. Can't expect the D to hold UNI to 0 points.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 03:06 PM
I think it is more likely that UNI can't hold NDSU forever with all those opportunities in our territory. It is just a matter of time before NDSU blows this open at this pace.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Nice stop by Allison!

Dewey

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Sack by Caleb Butler!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Entz is keeping Stick and Co in this game.

JayJ79
October 28th, 2017, 03:09 PM
I miss the days when UNI had an offensive line. But that was a long time ago.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:09 PM
End of the 1st quarter NDSU and UNI tied at zero.

3rd and long coming up for UNI.

Dewey

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Holding on UNI and the NDSU D holds again.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 03:12 PM
How do you get a delay of game on a punt...

centennial
October 28th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Why catch anything inside the 10?

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:14 PM
First down NDSU at their own 5.

Dewey

dewey
Why catch anything inside the 10?

No kidding. Put you heels on the 10 and if you can't reach it let it go.

Dewey

JayJ79
How do you get a delay of game on a punt...

same way you get illegal formation called against you 5 times each game, every game.

though that delay penalty didn't really hurt UNI in this case.

Lorne_Malvo
October 28th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Pull Stick.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Stick looks awful.

Another damn interception.

centennial
This is how you lose games.

dewey
Pull Stick.

Seriously? For who? The Redshirt Freshman Van Dellen?

Tight end couldn't catch it.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Weymiller tackles the ref and is held for only 7. :(

Lorne_Malvo
October 28th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Seriously? For who? The Redshirt Freshman Van Dellen?

Tight end couldn't catch it.

Dewey

Yes

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Yes

Van Dellen looked awful against inferior competition. You can't be serious?

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Yes

A Redshirt Freshman with no tough game experience? Yeah right.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Why not just let him wave his hands in the endzone?

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Good opportunistic drive by UNI.

UNI 7 NDSU 0.

It is still very early in the game.

Dewey

JayJ79
Weymiller tackles the ref and is held for only 7. :(

he mighta scored if not for the umpire making the tackle.
can a ballcarrier stiff-arm an official if they're in the way?

Lorne_Malvo
A Redshirt Freshman with no tough game experience? Yeah right.

Dewey

Right now it would be impossible for him to be worse than Stick.
Take off the green and gold glasses.

centennial
October 28th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Stick went from looking like a late round pick and easily better than Brock Jensen ever was to looking like horse manure. This happens when you try too hard as an athlete, it get's in your head, and natural instincts stop working.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:23 PM

So we should pull Stick because he has had two bad throws? Even though he is what 25-2 as a starter.

Holy over dramatic.

If we had Cole Davis available maybe but a freshman. No.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
he mighta scored if not for the umpire making the tackle.

Umpire got tackled at the legs as Weymiller was falling. If anything Weymiller, stopped his own progress.

UNIFanSince1983
If there is one thing I know in this series it is that NDSU can look terrible for most of the game and still somehow win. Especially in this building.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Also UNI is stout against the run, but no Lance Dunn is certainly hurting right now.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:25 PM

There is no one in a uniform better than Stick at QB right now.

-Hendricks: there is no way he could go back to learning a new playbook that Messingham installed.
-Davis: still injured
-Van Dellen: I would rather us just go all Georgia Southern on UNI before he played in one of the biggest games of the season with little to no experience whatsoever.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:26 PM
RJ with a great catch and Stick with a horrible almost pick 6

dewey
What a catch by Legendowski!

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
Heck of a catch by RJ there.

centennial
Should've been a INT. Insane one handed catch later.

Lorne_Malvo
So we should pull Stick because he has had two bad throws? Even though he is what 25-2 as a starter.

Holy over dramatic.

If we had Cole Davis available maybe but a freshman. No.

Dewey

Every throw has been ****, every single one.
He needs to sit a few series minimum.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Really the one to Cain? The out route to Shepherd?

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Really the one to Cain?

Dewey

And I thought I was the cynic of the Bison faithful?

centennial
October 28th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Stick is really staring down the receivers. No looking off at all.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:30 PM
NDSU needs to get Stick some easier throws and maybe some runs to calm him down.

Dewey

X-Factor
Every throw has been ****, every single one.
He needs to sit a few series minimum.

You are crazy. Stick is having a rough half, but he is by far our best QB.

JayJ79
Umpire got tackled at the legs as Weymiller was falling. If anything Weymiller, stopped his own progress.

Weymiller has a knack of keeping the legs churning and sometimes regaining his balance when it looks like he is going down, so who knows.
But I was mostly joking.

centennial
I think the biggest thing is because we are trying to protect Stick he is becoming less effective. Let him run or we will lose the game.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 03:31 PM
NDSU needs to get Stick some easier throws and maybe some runs to calm him down.

Dewey

The lack of a running game right now is hurting him. It is plain and simple.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:31 PM
The lack of a running game right now is hurting him. It is plain and simple.Completely agree!

Dewey

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Another good stop by NDSU.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Weymiller has a knack of keeping the legs churning and sometimes regaining his balance when it looks like he is going down, so who knows.
But I was mostly joking.

I am bad with sarcasm on message boards. This has been proven multiple times by others.

dewey
October 28th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Good field position for NDSU at their own 45 or so.

Freaking UNI #99 is dominating this game. Very impressive!

Come on Bison!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:34 PM
The lack of a running game right now is hurting him. It is plain and simple.

No Dunn eliminates the explosive running. Bruuuuuuuce is the bruiser and Dunn is the elusive. When they lose 1 of their 3 main weapons, that is going to affect the rhythm.

Brookins in down on the field.

Lorne_Malvo
October 28th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Should have been pick #6.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Stick almost threw another pick. If you are going to throw it, overthrow your receiver. Geesh, this is starting to get frustrating.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 03:36 PM
So much of the Bizon passing game is based on the play action. Without the threat of run UNI can just play the pass.

centennial
October 28th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Yeah. We are going to lose this game probably. 4 on 14 Stick.