PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth maybe legit?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2017, 02:08 PM
I know they've racked up wins against the Patriot League but they were dominant in those wins. Today the Hawks are up 42-19 on Liberty early in the 3rd quarter. I think they're Top 25 worthy

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 02:28 PM
Liberty is 192 on Sagarin. I just don't see them as a big win.

grizband
October 21st, 2017, 02:31 PM
Liberty is 192 on Sagarin. I just don't see them as a big win.
True; that being said, Monmouth may be a legitimate top 20 team this year.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2017, 02:32 PM
I know they've racked up wins against the Patriot League but they were dominant in those wins. Today the Hawks are up 42-19 on Liberty early in the 3rd quarter. I think they're Top 25 worthy

Besides Baylor, who can’t beat Liberty? xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2017, 02:46 PM
This game is starting to get whacky! 49-33 Monmouth and still a lot of time left....

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 02:48 PM
Monmouth might gain some votes, but unless other teams crap the bed, they have no quality wins with a 2 score loss to Albany.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2017, 03:58 PM
Nope

jmufan999
October 21st, 2017, 03:59 PM
define “legit”, that can mean a lot of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 04:04 PM

^this

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2017, 05:26 PM

Make the playoffs and win a game. I think's it possible if they keep the mojo going...

bonarae
October 21st, 2017, 05:29 PM
Does the Big South schedule have room for error here? We need to have the Hawks complete a conference game before we consider them.

Schism55
October 21st, 2017, 05:55 PM
Liberty fans have to be super enthused to be going FBS when they can't beat FCS teams xeyebrowx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2017, 05:58 PM
Liberty fans have to be super enthused to be going FBS when they can't beat FCS teams xeyebrowx

You don't want Turner Gill as your head coach if there's aspirations of meaningful football...

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 06:00 PM

Jerry Falwell Jr only cares about $$$ and name recognition regardless of the fallout that may or may not occur from being associated with Liberty.

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2017, 06:11 PM

I'll just leave this here...

https://forums.aseaofred.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24961

Bucs2016
October 21st, 2017, 06:19 PM
Nice win Monmouth.

Liberty haha they’re gonna be embarrassing in FBS

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 06:22 PM
You don't want Turner Gill as your head coach if there's aspirations of meaningful football...

Turner has been using the religious angle to keep his job. He is not a good coach. He needs to go. I wonder if they can steal Mike Houston, or Bob Neilson. I would say most MVFC coaches can out coach Gill. Maybe the Elon head coach?

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 06:26 PM
Turner has been using the religious angle to keep his job. He is not a good coach. He needs to go. I wonder if they can steal Mike Houston, or Bob Neilson. I would say most MVFC coaches can out coach Gill. Maybe the Elon head coach?

Would Falwell require the coach to adhere to his beliefs though? That is the million/billion dollar question.

NorthChuckSouth
October 21st, 2017, 08:31 PM
We’ll see next weekend.. it’s going to be a huge test for our secondary but I think it’ll be a really good game

KPSUL
October 21st, 2017, 08:51 PM

Mike Houston isn't going to Liberty. His next job will be ACC or even SEC.

walliver
October 22nd, 2017, 11:50 AM
Nice win Monmouth.

Liberty haha they’re gonna be embarrassing in FBS

Could they be any worse than Georgia Southern?

Liberty’s lack of success is interesting. They may be out of the social mainstream, but there are thousands of great high school players who share those beliefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro