PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever okay to boo your own team?

woffordgrad94
October 19th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I never boo student athletes but I have on occasion gotten really frustrated with playcalling and booed that. Coaches are paid. And they are all paid to make decent playcalls, not stupid ones. So I’ll admit I’ll sometimes boo when I see the fullback up the middle on 3rd and 15 or see an incomplete pass thrown when we have no business passing there to start with.

BisonFan02
October 19th, 2017, 08:48 PM
xpopcornx

chattownmocs
October 19th, 2017, 08:49 PM
It's ok to boo chattanooga.

Schism55
October 19th, 2017, 08:59 PM
College athletics-- No imho.
Pro sports-- Let the boos rain down xlolx

CHIP72
October 19th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Considering I’m a Philadelphia sports fan in most sports...you can figure out my answer (though I generally don’t boo college teams). 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2017, 09:04 PM
I think at the college level most of the booing or negative comments are directed at the coaches.

dewey
October 19th, 2017, 09:24 PM

Agreed.

Dewey

Hammerhead
October 19th, 2017, 09:43 PM
I've booed officials when they make bad calls at college and pro games. I don't think I've ever booed my team, even after watching the Vikings lay a number of eggs over the years.

cx500d
October 19th, 2017, 09:45 PM
I boo when college athletes taunt, showboat, or cheapshot.

dewey
October 19th, 2017, 09:46 PM
I've booed officials when they make bad calls at college and pro games. I don't think I've ever booed my team, even after watching the Vikings lay a number of eggs over the years.

Like you said I have booed officials. As a Vikings fan I was booing them last year when they absolutely laid an egg versus Indianapolis.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 19th, 2017, 09:51 PM
I don't boo but I https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4503/37133659483_81b32b5ab4_z.jpg

CappinHard
October 19th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I boo when college athletes taunt, showboat, or cheapshot.

You must be booing constantly watching the Bison play every week. xdrunkyx

Insert Rozeboom comment below. xlolx

cx500d
October 19th, 2017, 10:53 PM

Insert Rozeboom comment below. xlolx

We don't need to taunt or showboat, we've actually been to the big show a few times.

Green26
October 20th, 2017, 12:13 AM

This is my view too. People who boo their own college team are total losers. It also shows that they never played the game and don't understand it.

Catbooster
October 20th, 2017, 01:42 AM
Another vote for this. And IMO saying you're booing the coaches/play calling is still not acceptable. You can't tell a boo intended for the play call from a boo intended for the players.

woffordgrad94
October 20th, 2017, 03:21 AM
I understand what you guys are saying and know it’s true, but darn it, sometimes it’s just frustrating. I’d say most people have experienced this (well maybe not NDSU fans much lately). And maybe my frustration is unwarranted at times but that doesn’t make it any less real. Now don’t get me wrong, I do not think I would do any better (or even as good) a job coaching as our coaches do on the whole. I just get caught up in the games.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2017, 05:18 AM
This is my view too. People who boo their own college team are total losers. It also shows that they never played the game and don't understand it.
Do we need to have the fans start splitting the responsibility of bringing juice boxes and cookies for the post game snack? What if they did play the game and understand it? Then is it okay? xrolleyesx

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2017, 05:38 AM
Considering I’m a Philadelphia sports fan in most sports...you can figure out my answer (though I generally don’t boo college teams). 

Beat me to it!

Although I'll happily boo Penn for you...

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2017, 06:42 AM

Insert Rozeboom or Goedert comment below. xlolx
FYP

Sammy94
October 20th, 2017, 08:01 AM
I think at the college level most of the booing or negative comments are directed at the coaches.

Or the Refs like our great SLC ones. xthumbsdownx

UNIFanSince1983
October 20th, 2017, 08:14 AM
So what is the difference between booing college players and pro players? Just because they are getting paid?

Are you saying a college player is more fragile than an NFL player simply because they aren't getting paid?

What if you got booed at your job for doing terrible? Your boss just shows up going BOOOOO! Is that okay because you are paid?

Redbird 4th & short
October 20th, 2017, 08:41 AM
College Players ? only for lack of effort and/or bad sportsmanship ... but never ever because they just aren't winning or aren't playing well .. the silence wen things are going poorly is more than enough. These are student athletes who have sacrificed a lot doing what they do.

Pro Players ? definitely for poor play .. they are paid professionals. But fans should be fans first .. then again, I waited 108 years for my Cubs world series.

College Coaches ? maybe a little less so than professional coaches, but they are otherwise fair game. Just not sure how college players would know the difference between their coach or them getting boo'd. But yes, coaches can be heckled for bad decisions .. they are paid.

College Referees ? What is this .. a trick question ?? Of course they can be boo'd .. same as professional.

HS Referees ? Much much less so than College or Pros, they don't get paid enough for that kind of abuse. But yes you can boo a bad call .. why wouldn't you let them know. But unless you think the HS Ref is really making many unbalanced calls (possible grey area ??), leave them the hell alone .. boo the one call and move on.

clenz
October 20th, 2017, 08:43 AM
This.

Pro athletes, pro coaches? 100% Okay.
College coaches? 100% Okay.

College athletes? Never....unless they do something stupid like instigate a fight or what not.

clenz
October 20th, 2017, 08:47 AM
So what is the difference between booing college players and pro players? Just because they are getting paid?

Are you saying a college player is more fragile than an NFL player simply because they aren't getting paid?

What if you got booed at your job for doing terrible? Your boss just shows up going BOOOOO! Is that okay because you are paid?
Yup.

Difference is you're boss has other, constructive, ways to show displeasure with your performance. They know your duties. They know the specifics.

As fans we get labeled as "Monday morning QBs" or "Keyboard warriors" - something UNI's PxP guy has done to UNI fans in the last week. We don't have the knowledge/skill set to be specific about the job. We don't have the ability to sit down with the coaches and discuss the ins and outs of the job performance. We get 3 hours a week, 5 to 7 times a year, to be within proximity of the coaching staff.

Boos can be very....very...powerful.

I boo people a lot. Mostly sarcastically, but I boo my friends quite a bit when they say something dumb.

Redbird 4th & short
October 20th, 2017, 08:50 AM
So what is the difference between booing college players and pro players? Just because they are getting paid? YES

Are you saying a college player is more fragile than an NFL player simply because they aren't getting paid? NO, but see above

What if you got booed at your job for doing terrible? Your boss just shows up going BOOOOO! Is that okay because you are paid? YES, sometimes it is completely appropriate

answers in bold above

BEAR
October 20th, 2017, 08:56 AM
I don't boo teams or players. I do boo the refs, especially the SLC ones. If you ever decide to boo a college player or yell something negative or disgusting at him, look at the sidelines at the players looking up in the stands mentally taking in what you are saying. I've worked the sidelines of many college games. These kids hear what you are saying and it influences their team dynamics and their play. Just listen to the interviews after the game. You'll hear things like "we heard the crowd starting to get loud and it motivated us as a team". But you'll rarely hear a player say "When the crowd started booing us it really motivated us to play better." Yeah, these kids listen to what you are saying.

What I used to love hearing on the sidelines are all the coaches sitting in the stands telling players what to do in a game.

"Coach, put in (insert player name here because he's the next soon to be greatest upcoming player who also happens to be yelling guy's son. )"
"Why are we running the ball?! Throw it!" (When you have 3 hurt WRs and two that are redshirt freshman that have google eyes along with stagefright and the defense is dropping back 8 to cover )
"Wrap up!" (Unavoidable because loudmouth fan/dadcoach doesn't ever see the 340lb lineman geting in the way)
"Call time out!" and later the same fan/coach yells "Why did we waste a timeout?!" Sigh.

Also overhearing the refs try to figure out WHY they threw a flag.

Ref 1- "Um, I believe it was a block in the back." Ref 2- "You're not sure?" Ref 1- "Well not from my angle"
"But the defense had already scored the TD on the interception"
" That was brutal. Was it legal?"
Ref 1-"Unnecessary roughness." Ref 2- "But he just tackled the guy" Ref 1-"But it goes to intent" Ref 2- "Ok. Whatever"
Ref 1- "I need some water. WATER!" Ref 2- "We need lighter uniforms"

UNIFanSince1983
October 20th, 2017, 09:00 AM
I just don't get the argument that because someone is paid they are more boo worthy.

If say college kids were getting a stipend and being paid would they be boo worthy then? I mean nothing really changes.

UNIFanSince1983
October 20th, 2017, 09:03 AM
If you ever decide to boo a college player or yell something negative or disgusting at him, look at the sidelines at the players looking up in the stands mentally taking in what you are saying. I've worked the sidelines of many college games. These kids hear what you are saying and it influences their team dynamics and their play. Just listen to the interviews after the game. You'll hear things like "we heard the crowd starting to get loud and it motivated us as a team". But you'll rarely hear a player say "When the crowd started booing us it really motivated us to play better." Yeah, these kids listen to what you are saying.

So pro players don't hear and aren't affected by boos?

Laker
October 20th, 2017, 09:08 AM
HS no. College probably not- more like a coaches dumb call. Pros- probably similar. I'm not a big boo-er.

Is someone doing a cheap shot, taunting or showing off? Fair game. They don't get a pass.

BEAR
October 20th, 2017, 09:09 AM
So pro players don't hear and aren't affected by boos?

No idea. Never worked a sideline of a pro game. Would be interesting to do it though. I've seen what fans say on TV at the players. Gotta wonder if they go to church and praise God with that mouth too.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Pro - Anything goes really.
---Athletes: They control the game and if they make a bone-head play (ie Marshawn Lynch) you damn well know I will boo
---Coaches: Obvious
---Refs: See the Eagles vs Panthers game for why the refs deserve to be booed.

College: Situational
---Athletes: If they are maintaining proper decorum and sportsmanship then I will never boo the player
---Coaches: Obvious
---Refs: MVFC and their "targeting" calls are beyond horrible so they get what they have coming.

High School: Situational
---Athletes: If they are maintaining proper decorum and sportsmanship then I will never boo the player
---Coaches: Case by case but I work with high school coaches at my job and they are decent people trying to make a difference in a 15-18yr old that teaches proper values and sportsmanship, so more than likely, I will let them be.
---Refs: Similar to coaches, but it comes down to, are they calling an Eagles vs Panthers game or being fair and honest about the penalties?

Sammy94
October 20th, 2017, 09:33 AM

Ref 1- "Um, I believe it was a block in the back." Ref 2- "You're not sure?" Ref 1- "Well not from my angle"
Ref 1-"Unnecessary roughness." Ref 2- "But he just tackled the guy" Ref 1-"But it goes to intent" Ref 2- "Ok. Whatever"

Working the sidelines I hear things like this all the time. The refs were actually booed loudly at halftime on Sat as they left the field. They were the worst crew I have seen this year.

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 10:59 AM
I'm not booing, I'm saying Boo-Urns...

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Working the sidelines I hear things like this all the time. The refs were actually booed loudly at halftime on Sat as they left the field. They were the worst crew I have seen this year.

They totally earned it, too.

Twentysix
October 20th, 2017, 11:09 AM
No

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
October 20th, 2017, 11:18 AM
College Players ? only for lack of effort and/or bad sportsmanship ... but never ever because they just aren't winning or aren't playing well .. the silence wen things are going poorly is more than enough. These are student athletes who have sacrificed a lot doing what they do.

Pro Players ? definitely for poor play .. they are paid professionals. But fans should be fans first .. then again, I waited 108 years for my Cubs world series.

College Coaches ? maybe a little less so than professional coaches, but they are otherwise fair game. Just not sure how college players would know the difference between their coach or them getting boo'd. But yes, coaches can be heckled for bad decisions .. they are paid.

College Referees ? What is this .. a trick question ?? Of course they can be boo'd .. same as professional.

HS Referees ? Much much less so than College or Pros, they don't get paid enough for that kind of abuse. But yes you can boo a bad call .. why wouldn't you let them know. But unless you think the HS Ref is really making many unbalanced calls (possible grey area ??), leave them the hell alone .. boo the one call and move on.

That's how I feel about it. The college players are well aware when they're not playing well. The silence speaks volumes...no need to pile on with booing aimed in their direction as well. It's like...you...them...you're all on the same "side"...why boo the guys on your own side...that's not going to help anything.

Pro players...I probably wouldn't, but I don't have a problem if people want to. This is their job, and they get paid, cheered, and booed for their job performance. I was at a Cubs game back in '03 when the Cubs gave up 9 runs in one inning against the Pirates. I don't think any of us boo'd the Cubs, but they sure got one hell of a sarcastic standing ovation when they finally got that 3rd out.

Coaches - If you're close enough to yell something at them that they can hear/differentiate between the players getting yelled at, then maybe. I'm more of the type of person who would write something to the AD if I really disagree with something the coach is doing. I know that there's a lot I don't know about the X's and O's of football though, so I'm pretty sure that no matter what they're doing, the coaches know A LOT more than I do about the gameplan and the plays being called.

Refs at the college level and above...yes...boo them....considerably and copiously.

woffordgrad94
October 20th, 2017, 11:37 AM

Actually I’ve had bosses do that before.

BEAR
October 20th, 2017, 12:13 PM
You know...come to think of it...I just wish our crowd would CHEER when the kids do something good. You gotta throw a tshirt at them to get them to stand up. xsmhx

OldKat95
October 20th, 2017, 12:18 PM
As a school administrator, I think I may start doing this. If I go into your room and your teaching or classroom management sucks, no longer will I send you an email and invite you to my office to talk, I'm just gonna start booing in the middle of the lesson, get up and walk out, and slam the door! BBBBOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2017, 12:19 PM
You know...come to think of it...I just wish our crowd would CHEER when the kids do something good. You gotta throw a tshirt at them to get them to stand up. xsmhx
That's a pet peeve of mine also. I'll never understand why some people, at a game they paid to go to, get more excited for some XXXL $2 tshirt with some coporate advertiser's logo printed on it than they do for anything that happens on the field.

OldKat95
October 20th, 2017, 12:20 PM
And in education, this happens ALL. THE. TIME. It's called Parent-Teacher Conferences!!! BAHAHAHA!!

BEAR
October 20th, 2017, 12:47 PM
That's a pet peeve of mine also. I'll never understand why some people, at a game they paid to go to, get more excited for some XXXL $2 tshirt with some coporate advertiser's logo printed on it than they do for anything that happens on the field.

Exactly. Why exactly are they there for to begin with?! You should see the looks I get when I stand on a critical 3rd down. Unreal and pathetic.

IBleedYellow
October 20th, 2017, 01:51 PM
I can't remember when - but I've seen a NDSU player start a fight before.

NDSU fans were none too happy about that.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2017, 01:52 PM

Exactly, those shirts are always too small. :p

ST_Lawson
October 20th, 2017, 02:08 PM

You sure you weren't accidentally at on of our games...that sounds like one of our games.

Our big thing is sometime in the 3rd quarter, the cheerleaders give out pizza to the loudest sections in the stands. Sometimes the announcer or whoever decides to do it is an absolute moron and does it when we're on offense. Thankfully last weekend we did it when we were on defense and Missouri State was looking at a 3rd and something. It's about the only time our stadium gets something resembling "loud".

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2017, 02:45 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171020/b97f26a01be7350020eacac30798f5f4.jpg

Silenoz
October 20th, 2017, 02:47 PM
I don't think I ever have, unless maybe when I was drunk and younger. At the end of the day it's a bunch of 19 year old kids playing football.

WaGriz loves to boo if we have 4 straight three-and-outs that climax on a run up the middle for -1 on 3rd and 8. It's obviously directed at the playcalling, but the players aren't necessarily gonna know that. And it ain't gonna help with momentum anyways.

BisonTru
October 20th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Booing in general is dumb. The most frustrating thing about sitting in the stands is listening to the folks around you question everything when they have a kindergarteners understanding of the game.

Silenoz
October 20th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Booing in general is dumb. The most frustrating thing about sitting in the stands is listening to the folks around you question everything when they have a kindergarteners understanding of the game.

Yeah... some people after every flag:

"PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES"

Uh, we practically tackled the receiver on the route so...

After we have a run for 2 yards

"PASS THE BALL"

After we have an incomplete pass

"RUN THE BALL"

People are ****ing stupid. I love when they're legitimately pissed about something when they don't know **** about **** when it comes to football. Herd mentality = confidence you know what you're talking about

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2017, 03:32 PM

After we have a run for 2 yards

"PASS THE BALL"

After we have an incomplete pass

"RUN THE BALL"

People are ****ing stupid. I love when they're legitimately pissed about something when they don't know **** about **** when it comes to football. Herd mentality = confidence you know what you're talking about
It's not just herd mentality around here at least. The worst people seem to be the guys who call into the talk radio shows or the Coach's radio show (they always have the thickest ND accent too):

"Yanow Coach... doz' tight ends were getting open up da middle der de udder day... I really tink ya need ta trow da ball to 'em more offin yanow?"

I really wonder if some of those guys are just posing and trying to make Bison fans look dumb. Or if not, I wonder where they find them.... at the café in Hicksville???

bluehenbillk
October 20th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Maybe it's the Philadelphia in me - but of course you can boo. Don't give me the "they're kids" speech. They can vote, they can join the military, they can pretty much do anything - and if they suck between the lines well they deserve to be booed. I don't see them as any different than a pro athlete. You all boo pro athletes, do you think first how many years in the league the guy has been before you boo? No. 10 year vet or a rookie (who could be younger than a kid in college), they play well we cheer, they don't we boo. I'm out.

Go Green
October 20th, 2017, 03:40 PM
College Players ? only for lack of effort .

IMHO, Holy Cross' performance against Yale last week would warrant booing on this basis.

BisonTru
October 20th, 2017, 03:41 PM
It's not just herd mentality around here at least. The worst people seem to be the guys who call into the talk radio shows or the Coach's radio show (they always have the thickest ND accent too):

"Yanow Coach... doz' tight ends were getting open up da middle der de udder day... I really tink ya need ta trow da ball to 'em more offin yanow?"

I really wonder if some of those guys are just posing and trying to make Bison fans look dumb. Or if not, I wonder where they find them.... at the café in Hicksville???

They're out there. I once had a guy (and to give the guy a little due he was probably approaching 80) say that NDSU should play the Vikings. That would be a good game.

One of the issues up here is everyone (minus the hawkey guys) has become an NDSU fan, and a lot of them are not avid football fans.

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Maybe it's the Philadelphia in me - but of course you can boo. Don't give me the "they're kids" speech. They can vote, they can join the military, they can pretty much do anything - and if they suck between the lines well they deserve to be booed. I don't see them as any different than a pro athlete. You all boo pro athletes, do you think first how many years in the league the guy has been before you boo? No. 10 year vet or a rookie (who could be younger than a kid in college), they play well we cheer, they don't we boo. I'm out.

Aren't Philadelphians the a-holes that threw snowballs at Santa Claus? I'll let Bill Burr share my thoughts with the sports fans from that city.

NSFW warning for folks not really for Burr to go hogwild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk

BisonFan02
October 20th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Aren't Philadelphians the a-holes that threw snowballs at Santa Claus? I'll let Bill Burr share my thoughts with the sports fans from that city.

I'm a Flyers fan and for further notice adopted Iggles fan. This Burr rant still makes me cry laughing. xlolx

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 03:58 PM
I'm a Flyers fan and for further notice adopted Iggles fan. This Burr rant still makes me cry laughing. xlolx

I *cough Carson Wentz cough* wonder what sparked your interest in that team. LOL

It's okay, I'll root for the Jets just to show love to Josh McCown and Lachlan Edwards.

JSUSoutherner
October 20th, 2017, 04:05 PM
I *cough Carson Wentz cough* wonder what sparked your interest in that team. LOL

It's okay, I'll root for the Jets just to show love to Josh McCown and Lachlan Edwards.

Hey now, Carson Wentz has helped turn that team around. I catch all the games I can. They're fun to watch.

ST_Lawson
October 20th, 2017, 04:12 PM

Yea, I find that pretty annoying too. I remember at our game against USD, there was a couple of plays where we were blatantly holding or something. I saw it (and I almost never see anything), the players saw it, the refs saw it, the international space station saw it...but there were a couple of our fans booing the flag. I was like...yea...our guy did everything but throw a lasso around the guy...you're not really allowed to do that.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2017, 04:24 PM

I love Burr and this was too damn funny!

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Hey now, Carson Wentz has helped turn that team around. I catch all the games I can. They're fun to watch.

Hey I'm not knocking Wentz, dude is a great quarterback. I was just having some mirth about BisonFan's sudden loyalty to the Eagles. I have no problem with it, just joshing.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Hey I'm not knocking Wentz, dude is a great quarterback. I was just having some mirth about BisonFan's sudden loyalty to the Eagles. I have no problem with it, just joshing.

Kind of like SHSU fans loyalty to AGS? :D

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Kind of like SHSU fans loyalty to AGS? :D

Me, Sammy 94, Nickels and Daytripper are still here, ain't we? xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Me, Sammy 94, Nickels and Daytripper are still here, ain't we? xdrunkyx

Minus

-fmrbearkat
-Bearkat 41
-Htownbearkat
-7yearkat
-Sam_Kats
-Beerkat
-milleniumkat (for good reason)
-The Pud (for good reason)
-Bearkat90

:D

But yeah, at least the good ones stuck around. I just got to make sure I send it back your way.

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Minus

-fmrbearkat
-Bearkat 41
-Htownbearkat
-7yearkat
-Sam_Kats
-Beerkat
-Bearkat90

But yeah, at least the good ones stuck around. I just got to make sure I send it back your way.

I don't have to stand here and listen to this! *gets a chair, sits down* Okay, you may proceed sir.

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Minus

-fmrbearkat
-Bearkat 41
-Htownbearkat
-7yearkat
-Sam_Kats
-Beerkat
-Bearkat90

the pod and mk are gone?

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2017, 05:30 PM
I don't have to stand here and listen to this! *gets a chair, sits down* Okay, you may proceed sir.

Well played sir. Well played indeed.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2017, 05:32 PM
the pod and mk are gone?

How did you miss the tirade? It was practically the only thing going on that night and was quite entertaining. #GonnaGetAProxyServer #MyFriendsWillWriteAboutYouInAPaper

grizband
October 20th, 2017, 05:32 PM
I don't boo teams or players. I do boo the refs, especially the SLC ones. If you ever decide to boo a college player or yell something negative or disgusting at him, look at the sidelines at the players looking up in the stands mentally taking in what you are saying. I've worked the sidelines of many college games. These kids hear what you are saying and it influences their team dynamics and their play. Just listen to the interviews after the game. You'll hear things like "we heard the crowd starting to get loud and it motivated us as a team". But you'll rarely hear a player say "When the crowd started booing us it really motivated us to play better." Yeah, these kids listen to what you are saying.

What I used to love hearing on the sidelines are all the coaches sitting in the stands telling players what to do in a game.

"Coach, put in (insert player name here because he's the next soon to be greatest upcoming player who also happens to be yelling guy's son. )"
"Why are we running the ball?! Throw it!" (When you have 3 hurt WRs and two that are redshirt freshman that have google eyes along with stagefright and the defense is dropping back 8 to cover )
"Wrap up!" (Unavoidable because loudmouth fan/dadcoach doesn't ever see the 340lb lineman geting in the way)
"Call time out!" and later the same fan/coach yells "Why did we waste a timeout?!" Sigh.

As a former high school ref, we had one simple rule: "Call what you see; see what your call." If Ref 1 in your first example couldn't tell from his angle whether it was in fact a block in the back, the flag should never be thrown.

grizband
October 20th, 2017, 05:42 PM
How did you miss the tirade? It was practically the only thing going on that night and was quite entertaining. #GonnaGetAProxyServer #MyFriendsWillWriteAboutYouInAPaper
Gotta link? That's a thread I'd love to read!

Redbird 4th & short
October 20th, 2017, 05:49 PM

not a fan of the, "they're adults argument" .. most states, students can't drink until they're 21 or rent a car until they're 25 .... but they can die for their country in Iraq.

Aside from that, while these are certainly "young men and women", I think the point has much more to do with fact that they are student athletes, not professionals. Putting aside clearly bad effort or bad sportsmanship .... Would you ever boo a college student musical or theatre performance that was sub par ? Would you boo a student who gave a weak speech in some formal event he was asked to speak for ? Would you boo the student marching band because they were out of synch or cheerleaders/dancers who might slip and fall during a routine ?

They're unpaid students. Less applause or slience tells them everything they need to know. Boo-ing someone who sacrifices a lot, puts themselves out there for every one to see fail or succeed, makes an honest effort, and who gets paid nothing .... just seems wrong.

Serpentor
October 20th, 2017, 05:49 PM

Abandon all hope...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?196422-Threat-received-fromursus-arctos-horribillis

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2017, 05:56 PM

Abandon all hope...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?196422-Threat-received-fromursus-arctos-horribillis

Serpentor beat me to it.

I caution you, it will get out of hand real quick.

CockyGeek
October 20th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I boo on third down and long when you run the ball. It's coaching. I boo refs a lot. OVC officiating deserves it.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 20th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Yes.

POD Knows
October 20th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Yes, if they are UND

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2017, 08:15 PM

I missed how it ended.

Nickels
October 20th, 2017, 09:56 PM
I boo my team quite often. Mostly due to the coaching but sometimes the players too.

They're adult men playing a physical game, if a few boos from assholes in the stands bother them then they need to quite because they dont have the mentality to succeed anyway.