View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 8

RedFlash
October 19th, 2017, 10:04 AM
NEC Pick ‘Em for Week 8

Only three games on the NEC schedule this week:

Sacred Heart (-3.5) at Robert Morris
Bryant at Central Connecticut (-10.5)
St. Francis at Duquesne (-2.5)

Sacred Heart lost a tough game last week against Dartmouth and will have to travel west to take on the Colonials. After last week, however, I’m reluctant to go with the Colonials who seem like they cannot figure out what they are doing on offense.

Central Connecticut won a crazy game at Wagner last week – as I still don’t know how Wagner converted the 2 pt. play in the 3rd OT – but they are tied with the Dukes and StFU for first place in the conference. (Wagner has fallen on some serious hard times, but should be favored in their next two NEC match-ups.) Bryant turned the ball over 4 times last week and is last in the league in turnover margin at -15.

Duquesne looks to be playing its best football of the year right now, which doesn’t bode well for StFU. I’d like to think that StFU’s defense can keep them in this game, but the StFU offense hasn’t been very impressive lately (only scoring 14, 13 and 7 points in their three games before Bryant last week.) Meanwhile, Duquesne has been putting points on the board including 34 first half points at RMU last Saturday. This is a very big game for Duquesne since they also get CCSU at home on 11/11.

bonarae
October 19th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Sacred Heart
CCSU
Duquesne

Gangtackle11
October 19th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Last Week: 3-1 Season: 25-9

RMU
CCSU
Duquesne

Bluefish845
October 19th, 2017, 09:29 PM
SHU
CCSU
It was the Dukes

Original_RMC
October 20th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Bryant @ CCSU - CCSU sits at the top of the NEC with SFU and the Dukes. Winners of 4 in a row, can they make it 5? If CCSU can protect the ball, I think they should win this potential shootout with Bryant. CCSU might have the best DBs in the NEC. Cann leads the league in INTs with 4. I think that group will be a major factor is slowing down the Bryant's passing attack.
CCSU 31 - Bryant 20

SHU @ RMU - SHU has a 4 game winning streak against RMU. RMU is still having a tough time moving the ball and scoring which leads to a frustrated and tired D. Don't be fooled by SHU's record. This is a team with a #26 ranked D in the FCS and 36th ranked Off. And SHU can pressure the QB so expect to see RMU moving Walker around the pocket. SHU long trip to Moon Township pays off.
SHU 27 - RMU 10

SFU @ Duquesne - What some are calling the NEC championship game. Tommy Stuart is making a big name for himself with the Dukes this year. He is putting up great numbers as is SFU's QB, Bear Fenimore. Both teams can move the ball and score. It will come down to Def and who can stop who. The Dukes have a nice one-two punch with Hines & Fulmore. I know Kamron Lewis is getting all the press outside of the NEC and he should, he is a great WR. But this might be the game where folks outside of the NEC start to learn about Nehari Crawford of the Dukes. It will be a great game and a close one to the final seconds. I think the Dukes get the ball last and just get inside the range of John Domit who knocks down a long FG as time expires to give the Dukes the victory.
Dukes 23 - SFU 21

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 20th, 2017, 07:29 PM
CCSU
Sacred Heartburn
Saint Francis