PDA

View Full Version : YSU at UNI

Paladin1aa
October 18th, 2017, 10:55 AM
YSU visits UNI trying to keep their playoff hopes alive. Penguins rarely play well in the UNI gym. Now down a starting QB and their transfer DE from Florida, other injuries and less than stellar play from some upperclassmen make them vulnerable. I'm calling this one an upset special, projecting the Dome to continue its curse.

UNI in a close one.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2017, 12:31 PM
If Mays plays as well as he did against NDSU last Saturday I think YSU wins. I don't know if he has another game like that in him though...

I think YSU has the chops to shut down UNI's rediscovered running game so it'll come down to which QB can be more effective.

clenz
October 18th, 2017, 12:35 PM
If it comes down to QBs, I'll take Dunne.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2017, 12:51 PM
I think UNI wins this at home.

UNIFanSince1983
October 18th, 2017, 01:32 PM
UNI is not as good as the seemed against SDSU. However, we will see if YSU had all the wind taken out of their sails with two close losses the last two weeks.

I honestly don't know, but I just assume UNI will find a way to lose. They like to do things to give me hope, and then just snatch it right back away.

Paladin1aa
October 18th, 2017, 02:03 PM
The pick should be YSU. I just think they are better. But the current QB for YSU has never played in the dome. His skills are limited. YSU has injuries and does not play well in the Dome. Close game, but UNI bites them again.

Penguin Nation
October 18th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Rapist et al wins this by 2-3 scores for their first road win, and probably run the table until the third round of the post-season. Mays was the leading rusher for YSU Saturday, threw 2 TDs, no pics, and is ranked 6th in passing efficiency in the MVFC (Wells like 2016 again not listed in any stats)...and all of that as a Sophomore. Mays is a solid QB, but gets a bad rap.

Paladin1aa
October 18th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Tell me what you think AFTER he plays in the Dome.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Tell me what you think AFTER he plays in the Dome.

The dome will be half empty. Shouldn’t be a problem. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
October 18th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Hopefully Farley pulls back on Weymiller and gives him the 20-30 carries and not the ridiculous 42 carries that eventually will lead to an injury.

If UNI plays the way they did against SDSU, there is no reason to believe this game will not turn into last weeks game of NDSU vs YSU.

neverobeyed
October 18th, 2017, 10:26 PM
UNI is not as good as the seemed against SDSU. However, we will see if YSU had all the wind taken out of their sails with two close losses the last two weeks.

I honestly don't know, but I just assume UNI will find a way to lose. They like to do things to give me hope, and then just snatch it right back away.

So, I will mark you down as, "Farley reverts to Farley."

He can't help himself, it's just who he is.

dewey
October 18th, 2017, 10:45 PM
It is mid to late October and Farley and UNI is very good this time of year.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 19th, 2017, 08:36 AM
It is mid to late October and Farley and UNI is very good this time of year.

Dewey

I am sure someone will tell me I am wrong, but I just don't see this team having as much talent as some of the other UNI teams that have made runs around this time.

clenz
October 19th, 2017, 09:08 AM
I am sure someone will tell me I am wrong, but I just don't see this team having as much talent as some of the other UNI teams that have made runs around this time.
Offensively this team is more talented than it's been since about 08. Outside of DJ there haven't been a ton of depth at weapon positions.
QB - Dunne is the best QB since Sanders. Kollmorgen half counts due to the way he was used, but Dunne is light years a head of Rennie, Carnes and Bailey. Phsyically, Dunne is a head of Sanders. That sounds blasphemous. Sanders wasn't physically gifted. He had the mental side of the game down better than any other QB. In terms of ability he's there with Ryan Helming,

RB - No, DJ and Corey Lewish aren't walking back onto campus. As a group this is as deep/athletic as it's been since we had Corey Lewis/Derrik Law/Darrian Williams in 2007 where they all had at least 68 carries and all averages over 5.5 YPC. IIRC correctly those three combined for like 2,600 yards and 30 TD in 07. The run blocking has been atrocious, so the run game has been hampered.

WR - No group has had this kind of depth, ever. Even 07 it was Johnny Gray and Victor Williams and then the rest. On top of that, this whole WR group, outside of Fountain (who is probably the most physically gifted WR to play at UNI since Farley took over in 200 (meaning since Eddie Berlin/Kenny Shedd/Mike Furey/Dedric Ward in the 90s)

OL - We've really struggled here since 2010. It's probably the same it's been every year since then - which is to say not that good.

Our DL isn't as good as it's been in terms of depth. Some good players, just not the same depth we are used to seeing.

Our LB group is still really good. Is it Brannon Carter/DeVeon Harris/Clifford Harris/James Ruffin/Araf Evans like we had from 06-08? Nope. That group was stupid good. It's as strong as it's been at any point outside of that.

Farley tried playing freshman a the safety spots. Not shocking putting some JRs and SRs out there made a difference. I can tell you that those freshman are as talented/more talented than those upper class players, just not the experience. Is this a Hall/Dorleant/Kilfoy 3 All American/NFLer situation we had in 14? Nope. Is it like 06-08 with the Lloyd brothers, Adam Roberts, Terrell McMoore, Chris Parsons? Certainly not. It's still a pretty good group. Campbell and Washington are All Conference guys.

A large part of the issue this year is we've lost the trenches pretty much every single game.

Side note - Kollmorgen truly got like 2 full years of game playing between his concussions and Farley going with Carnes/Bailey over him or forcing split time. He's still top 5 in every single passing category in UNI history. The ultimate "what should have been" to have him and DJ on campus at the same time.

CappinHard
October 19th, 2017, 10:04 AM

I agree that this UNI team is not as good as they seemed against SDSU. If YSU coughs the ball up twice on special teams deep in their own territory, and gives up a pick 6, all early in the game like SDSU did... then UNI will likely win. Although YSU would have a better chance of coming back since the game won't be played outdoors in cold, blowing rain.

Having said that, UNI did develop a nice combination of a running game and an efficient passing game when they needed it. I just think YSU is the better team and people shouldn't be down on them after 2 close losses against the best teams in the conference. I see them coming back with a nice win on the road.

ST_Lawson
October 19th, 2017, 01:43 PM
...meaning since Eddie Berlin/Kenny Shedd/Mike Furey/Dedric Ward in the 90s

Man, those guys were the bane of our existence. Even when we had some of the best teams in our history, we still had trouble with them.
Also, I thought it was "Mike Furrey".

We also both had some of the best kickers in the league back then...I remember hearing that one guy's name a ton...Mackenzie Hoambrecker...something like that? Around the same time that we had Joe Lopez and Justin Langan at PK and Mike Scifres punting.

clenz
October 19th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Man, those guys were the bane of our existence. Even when we had some of the best teams in our history, we still had trouble with them.
Also, I thought it was "Mike Furrey".

We also both had some of the best kickers in the league back then...I remember hearing that one guy's name a ton...Mackenzie Hoambrecker...something like that? Around the same time that we had Joe Lopez and Justin Langan at PK and Mike Scifres punting.
Hoambrecker is all over our record book. He had a cannon for a leg

UNI record standings
Longest FG: 59 (1st)
4 time All Conference
13 time All American (through the different publications)
Game:
FGA: 6 (1st)
FGM: 5 (1st)

Season
FGM: 27 (3rd) 18 (7th)
FGA: 28 (rd) 25 (9th)
FG% 89.3 (5th)
PAT Att: 44 (9TH)
PAT Made: 43 (10th)

Career
PATM: 103 (6th)
PATA: 111 (5th)
FGM: 56 (4th)
FGA: 75 (3rd)
FG%: 75% (5th)

Post season Game:
PATA: 6 (1st)
PATM: 6 (1st)

We went from him to Brian Wingert - who was actually better than Hoambrecker. WIU/UNI have a history of kickers and punters. Tell you what

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2017, 02:26 PM
If Farley takes UNI to the playoffs, does he stay or retire?

Is he ready to call it a coaching career?

ST_Lawson
October 19th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Hoambrecker is all over our record book. He had a cannon for a leg

We went from him to Brian Wingert - who was actually better than Hoambrecker. WIU/UNI have a history of kickers and punters. Tell you what

Yea we do.

I knew he had to be really good...when someone who's a fan of a different team remembers the name of your placekicker from nearly 20 years ago (and I don't remember names of people I met last week)...that's really sayin' something.

clenz
October 19th, 2017, 02:37 PM
If Farley takes UNI to the playoffs, does he stay or retire?

Is he ready to call it a coaching career?
Is he ready? Debatable. He certianly doesn't have the same "fire" in his voice during his weekly press conferences right now

I'm 65% sure, as of right now, he doesn't coach next year.

thebootfitter
October 19th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Is he ready? Debatable. He certianly doesn't have the same "fire" in his voice during his weekly press conferences right now

I'm 65% sure, as of right now, he doesn't coach next year.
He's only 54 years old... Think he's done, done? Or just ready to move on? I would guess he's pretty well settled in the community after being there so long, no?

clenz
October 19th, 2017, 03:25 PM
He's only 54 years old... Think he's done, done? Or just ready to move on? I would guess he's pretty well settled in the community after being there so long, no?
I don't know if he'd want to coach somewhere else or not.

I can tell you he'd have a lifetime position in the Panther Scholarship Club as a fundraiser. He's been on UNI's campus for 30 of the last 34 years in some fashion.

The dome was still single digits old when he showed up. It's now over the hill

Bisonoline
October 19th, 2017, 04:44 PM
I don't know if he'd want to coach somewhere else or not.

I can tell you he'd have a lifetime position in the Panther Scholarship Club as a fundraiser. He's been on UNI's campus for 30 of the last 34 years in some fashion.

The dome was still single digits old when he showed up. It's now over the hill

Fundraising is his next step. I dont see him leaving UNI.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Fundraising is his next step. I dont see him leaving UNI.

Would suck to be his replacement while he leers over the program from his fundraising position. Awkward.

Bisonoline
October 19th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Would suck to be his replacement while he leers over the program from his fundraising position. Awkward.

How about being the co-D/C with him? That would suck. I think thats why we got Klieman.

POD Knows
October 19th, 2017, 06:43 PM
I picked YSU, sorry "Guins, your chances aren't good.

Bisonoline
October 19th, 2017, 06:59 PM
I picked YSU, sorry "Guins, your chances aren't good.

Id have to go with them also.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2017, 07:26 PM
The most frustrating thing for Panther fans will be to win this game and then lose out, so that’s probably what we will do

POD Knows
October 19th, 2017, 07:29 PM
The most frustrating thing for Panther fans will be to win this game and then lose out, so that’s probably what we will doGod I hope so.

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2017, 07:41 PM
This is been the hardest game for me to pick all year trying to decipher between all clenzez smoke and mirrors
and the Youngstown Fans Talking about how poorly they play in the dome Plus all the injuries

The northern Iowa fan saying the dome will be Half empty

Yeah this is a hard game for a Puerto Rican to get his head around

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2017, 08:08 PM
This is a game of contrasts ---Farley has won a lot of games, a lot of league titles and made the playoffs often. On the other hand , it's why we call UNI Choke Univ. since they blow up in the playoffs and have no National Championships. YSU wins a lot of games, makes a lot of playoffs and won 4 National titles. Yet check their record in the UNIDome. It's a loser.

UNIFanSince1983
October 20th, 2017, 08:17 AM
This is been the hardest game for me to pick all year trying to decipher between all clenzez smoke and mirrors
and the Youngstown Fans Talking about how poorly they play in the dome Plus all the injuries

The northern Iowa fan saying the dome will be Half empty

Yeah this is a hard game for a Puerto Rican to get his head around

It isn't hard. UNI loses by about 7-10 points.

The only times YSU lost in the Dome were with Heacock and Wolford. Pelini so far is undefeated against the Panthers.

clenz
October 20th, 2017, 08:41 AM
It isn't hard. UNI loses by about 7-10 points.
If UNI loses it's gonna be by 8, max.

I did a breakdown on PantherNation about UNI from 01-09 and UNI since 2009 (The way 08 ended through how 09 ended seems to be the concensus for when UNI football become "broken"). I'd argue the Montana playoff loss in 11 was the final straw that did it, but that 11 month stretch from that semi-final loss to Richmond in December 08 to the Iowa 2 blocked FG game in 09 (those were back to back UNI games for those who don't remember) and then finishing that season 7-4 with a final day 1 last second loss to Illinois State to keep UNI out of the playoffs is tough to as not being what "broke" UNI football.

Anyway - I updated these numbers to include the SDSU game, which doesn't change anything with the point I was making with that post.

<8 IS GAMES DECIDED BY 8 POINTS OR LESS.

Numbers from 2001-2009
Total: 80-31 (72.1%)
Home: 48-10 (82.8%)
Road: 32-21 (60.4%)
<8 Home: 11-6 (64.7%)
<8 Road: 9-7 (56.3%)
<8 Total: 20-13 (60.6%)

Ready for the heave cry cliff jumper?

Since the start of 2010
Total: 55-38 (58.7%)
Home: 31-12 (72.1%)
Road: 23-26 (46.9%)
<8 Home: 7-9 (43.8%)
<8 Road: 9-17 (34.6%)
<8 Total: 16-26 (38.1%)

So, over the last 7.5 seasons UNI has 38 losses. 26 of them have come by 1 score. That is over 68% of UNI's losses. Going back to 01 it is 39 of 69 (56.5%).

When UNI wins it's by more than 8. UNI has just 36 1 score wins since 01. UNI has 135 wins over that time. Meaning that 3/4 of UNI's wins are by at least 2 scores.

So the score will be UNI 34 YSU 20 OR YSU 28 UNI 24

UNIFanSince1983
October 20th, 2017, 09:24 AM
You are probably right because only 6 times since 1997 has the YSU vs UNI game been more than a 1 score game. And since 2010 the largest victory by either team was 7 points.

But that does not change the fact that I think YSU wins by 7-10 on Saturday.

GUINSTIGATOR
October 21st, 2017, 09:26 AM
Penguins in a tight one, 28-21

Lets go Guins!

X-Factor
October 21st, 2017, 09:46 AM
The difference in this game will be the lines. YSU is good on both fronts, UNI is not. YSU by 10.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2017, 12:32 PM
As predicted, the Dome is pretty wide open. 35 mins until kick off and I could sit in the 2nd row at the 50 in the student section if I wanted to.

Houndawg
October 21st, 2017, 01:05 PM
The most frustrating thing for Panther fans will be to win this game and then lose out, so that’s probably what we will do

UNI vs SIU was not a pretty game for either team but I think UNI is better than they showed and I think they'll be ready to play.

17-13 Purple Pussies
xnodx

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 01:13 PM
YSU starts and goes 3 and out. UNI to start on 15.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 01:16 PM
Interesting formation usage by UNI. Using spread sets to run. Seriously, more Mike Leech sets. UNI looks dangerous.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 01:23 PM
3-0 UNI lead in the 1st

Paladin1aa
October 21st, 2017, 01:23 PM
UNI FG. Doing what they want. Not a good sign for YSU

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 01:26 PM
Nice kick off

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 01:32 PM
YSU looking flat. Farley has UNI turned around.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2017, 01:34 PM
Are YSUs DBs as bad as they look so far?

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 01:39 PM
Boy UNI looks dangerous.

Penguin Nation
October 21st, 2017, 01:40 PM
I'm absolutely fine with being way off on my prediction. UNI looking great over rapist and company.

grizband
October 21st, 2017, 01:43 PM
UNI running backs adept at patiently following their blockers, maximizing their yardage

Paladin1aa
October 21st, 2017, 01:47 PM
10-0. The Dome curse is alive

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 01:48 PM
UNI running backs adept at patiently following their blockers, maximizing their yardage

Right now YSU is getting out schemed. Using spread to run. YSU will need to play zone, and stop with the man. YSU needs to stop the run otherwise they'll lose this game.

Penguin Nation
October 21st, 2017, 01:48 PM
YSU w/ 3 yards rushing so far lol

semobison
October 21st, 2017, 01:51 PM
Crazy how things change. UNI running the ball, YSU is not!

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 01:54 PM
Why did UNI take a timeout on kickoff?

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 01:55 PM
I don't watch spread offenses that often. Anyone know how teams defense against them? Pac 12 and Big Sky teams go up against UNI like offenses often.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did UNI take a timeout on kickoff?

10 men on the field.

Paladin1aa
October 21st, 2017, 01:56 PM
Nation -- I told you Mays would have trouble in the dome. Tha sack is just the beginning.

jmufan999
October 21st, 2017, 01:58 PM
I don't watch spread offenses that often. Anyone know how teams defense against them? Pac 12 and Big Sky teams go up against UNI like offenses often.

nothing fancy, just be physical with WR's on the outside (lots of FCS teams are incapable of this) and get hits on the QB. run the ball yourself to keep their offense off the field.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2017, 02:00 PM
This is was a terrible spot for YSU after the last two games. Pelini might need a xanx to keep him from coming unhinged...

Penguin Nation
October 21st, 2017, 02:02 PM
Nation -- I told you Mays would have trouble in the dome. Tha sack is just the beginning.

You called it. YSU now w/ negative rushing yards, and only 50 yards of offense. I'd like to see these sustained UNI drives wear down Scumbag U's D. Mays struggling but so is entire team.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2017, 02:02 PM
That targeting would be terrible for UNI here.

Yeah so Farley gone for the game now that's bad for the defense...

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 02:03 PM
Farley is going to get ejected.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2017, 02:03 PM
Good call on targeting? No replay here.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2017, 02:05 PM
Eh it is questionable whether it was targeting. That was a strange play really.

PantherRob82
Man, dropped catch on 3rd down. Farley ejected. Give up a deep ball. Terrible momentum.

centennial
Good call on targeting? No replay here.

The QB gave himself up weird. But yes he did get the helmet and that is enough these days.

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 02:06 PM
Farley was flying in to make a tackle at Mays midsection, Mays "slides" drops to his knees. I thought it was horse****

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 02:08 PM
Farley was flying in to make a tackle at Mays midsection, Mays "slides" drops to his knees. I thought it was horse****

It still follows the rule. I don't agree with it.

grizband
October 21st, 2017, 02:08 PM
My exact thought. Part of the decision should be where the defender started the trajectory of his hit.

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 02:09 PM
farley out for targeting is huge

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 02:10 PM
Watching the replay May’s was sliding before Farley went for the tackle. I will say it was an awkward slide though because it was a knee slide not foot first, so maybe Farley didn’t realize

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 02:11 PM
It still follows the rule. I don't agree with it.

Yep definantly, I just don't like it. I absolutely agree with protecting defenseless players, I just hate how it's being enforced

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2017, 02:17 PM
Well that was big for UNI to answer although the terrible snap on the EP didn't help anything.

Paladin1aa
October 21st, 2017, 02:18 PM
UNI scores again

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 02:19 PM
Is my ESPN 3 feed behind or something? Paladin said 10 to 0 before I saw that and score is still 10 to 7 on my feed.

Paladin1aa
Another sack on Mays

The Yo Show
Now I just saw a 6 yard t run

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 02:20 PM
Is my ESPN 3 feed behind or something? Paladin said 10 to 0 before I saw that and score is still 10 to 7 on my feed.

If you have buffering problems it can get behind a minute or 2.

The Yo Show
Yep I must be behind. Just saw fumbled snap on pat

UNIFanSince1983
Now I just saw a 6 yard t run

Yeah your's is way behind.

Paladin1aa
October 21st, 2017, 02:21 PM
And Mays is sacked again. Predictable today

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2017, 02:21 PM
Jim Tressel just stopped and hung out next to us for a while. Good chat. Rare to talk football with a great like that.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2017, 02:22 PM
It appears YSU cannot stop a blitz for anything.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 02:23 PM
1st half done.
16-7 UNI.

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 02:27 PM
Yeah my feed just went to half time. I’m going to end my feed and restart it to catch up with you

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 02:30 PM
Wait, so Farley the younger (LB) was ejected right? For a minute I thought you guys were saying Coach Farley was ejected after which I thought "well...maybe UNI can actually win it then".

Paladin1aa
October 21st, 2017, 02:31 PM
Better to watch game locally on WBCB youngstown.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 02:35 PM
Wait, so Farley the younger (LB) was ejected right? For a minute I thought you guys were saying Coach Farley was ejected after which I thought "well...maybe UNI can actually win it then".

Correct, Farley the LB is out.

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 02:43 PM
Better to watch game locally on WBCB youngstown.
Would love to. I have spectrum. But I live in Akron, so it is not a channel I get. I get Cleveland channels instead

Paladin1aa
October 21st, 2017, 03:13 PM
Mays hurt. Davis in at QB.

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 03:17 PM
Is the center hurt too? Noticed before Mays got injured that he had to pick a lot of snaps up off the turf. Ricky is showing good so far.

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 03:18 PM
Well other than the really low pass there to Rader that was uncatchable.

clenz
October 21st, 2017, 03:18 PM
As predicted, the Dome is pretty wide open. 35 mins until kick off and I could sit in the 2nd row at the 50 in the student section if I wanted to.

Shocking that 35 minutes before kick off the stadium isn’t 100% packed.

Per a twitter it isn’t as empty as you said. Not full, by any stretch, but maybe judging a crowd 35 minutes before kick off on the nicest day Iowa has seen in weeks was a bit harsh.

https://twitter.com/gregfritziowa/status/921830174974283776

The Yo Show
October 21st, 2017, 03:47 PM
They overturned that?

penguinpower
October 21st, 2017, 03:48 PM
YSU was physically beaten today. Injuries are a big problem for the Penguins right now

penguinpower
October 21st, 2017, 03:53 PM
The UNI field is aweful becuase it doesn't have a crown, but what is up with the yard striping? putrid

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2017, 04:01 PM
UNI still trying to Farley this game away.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2017, 04:03 PM
Weymiller has to do everything for us.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:03 PM
UNI still trying to Farley this game away.

Farley gonna Farley.

PantherRob82
October 21st, 2017, 04:06 PM
Yay!

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:10 PM
Why does UNI have to start to get good when it counts?

YSU fans, how long is your QB projected to be out for?

Paladin1aa
October 21st, 2017, 04:12 PM
Well preseason I projected YSU to finish 7-4. With the 19-14 loss they are at 4 losses now. The problem is I said if they had injuries 6-5 was probable and see all kinds of injuries now. OL. QB. DE. If injuries don't clear up quick , loss to ISUr or SIU possible. This was a transition season as I said in preseason as Bozos recruiting starts to show up as Wolfs recruits are gone.

clenz
October 21st, 2017, 04:17 PM
The UNI field is aweful becuase it doesn't have a crown, but what is up with the yard striping? putrid

Yeah, that two green tone turf that dozens of programs use is horrific.

The turf is suh-weet.

Why crown a field?

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:30 PM
October UNI! I am glad a got that game right in the picks.

Dewey

penguinpower
October 21st, 2017, 04:32 PM
YSU can't win in this league with the backup OL and a backup QB. Just not good enough to do it. Today we witnessed the backup OL allow the back up QB to get hurt. Aweful

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2017, 05:08 PM
YSU's season is now on the brink. From Top 3 to perhaps unranked....

Kemo
October 21st, 2017, 05:36 PM
Yeah, that two green tone turf that dozens of programs use is horrific.

The turf is suh-weet.

Why crown a field?

I miss the old Coughlin-Alumni crown. If for no other reason just to hear every opposing fan base bitch about it.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2017, 05:38 PM
Cedar Rapids Xavier high school in Iowa had a crown on their field where you could only see the opposing team from like the waist up from your sideline. It was crazy big.

JayJ79
October 21st, 2017, 05:40 PM

do any indoor stadiums (with permanent roofs) have a crown?
I like the yard striping idea, but they could have chosen a better shade of green.
But at least it is a shade of green and not red, blue, purple, etc.

JayJ79
October 21st, 2017, 05:41 PM

would be interesting to see a coach thrown out for targetting.
would probably face legal action and a firing as well.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:43 PM

I would pay to see Farley do something like this though.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2017, 05:44 PM

I mean Woody Hayes basically did...

And current day if a coach were to it would be one of the two in that game today.

Houndawg
October 22nd, 2017, 03:53 PM
UNI vs SIU was not a pretty game for either team but I think UNI is better than they showed and I think they'll be ready to play.

17-13 Purple Pussies
xnodx

thankya, thankya vurymush...

houndawg has left the building...