PDA

View Full Version : NDSU to Reportedly Play SHSU

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM
According to a poster on KatFans.com, NDSU is going to be hosting the Bearkats of Sam Houston State University. This poster said that NDSU is paying for our charter plane and $50,000 on top of that.

Also, this poster states that we are playing Div II Angelo State instead of FCS Missouri St as previously thought. We knew the Missouri St game had to be moved, but I guess that game is out now if this holds true...

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4590

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 05:29 PM
This is what I told the Kat faithful about NDSU...

North Dakota State...

Major FCS program. One that should be ranked in the top five or ten next year, after finishing the year 3rd in the Gridiron Power Index...

Great fan base. Very loyal and very informed about football. I would compare them to McNeese St and Montana fans as it relates to classy and informed.

If this is true, I'm very excited about this matchup. This is one of the teams I would love to see SHSU face and though it does not seem like a home-and-home based off of what FmrBearkat is saying, I'll hold out hope that perhaps the Bison will return to Huntsville, TX sometime.

NDSU is currently in the process of joining the MidCon for all sports and will probably know in less than a month officially whether or not the football program is invited to the Gateway. The Gateway is looking into adding NDSU and SDSU...

Mr. C
February 8th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Do you have a date for that game? Does that mean negotiations with Appalachian State have ended?

bisonguy
February 8th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Woohooo!!!

Another home game, and another Southland opponent (possibly back to back home games vs. the Southland)!

Come on up to the game, I'll have a beer or two for you (in a plastic cup, of course :smiley_wi )

bisonguy
February 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Do you have a date for that game? Does that mean negotiations with Appalachian State have ended?

It said week three (Sept. 15th?), so I would assume the talks with ASU are still on for Sept.1

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM

Sept 15th...

That was originally the date that Missouri St was to have visited SHSU. That game was moved due to the whole K-State vs Auburn when K-State was scheduled to face Missouri St on the same weekend...

I'm a bit perplexed why SHSU would schedule two Div II games and an FBS game. While we could knock off the FBS school, any given Saturday, we're probably already in a jam by having to win seven of the eight remaining games on the schedule for a shot at an at-large, which means winning the SLC pretty much...

Bison05
February 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I hope this is true, will be an awesome game. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM
This move has apparently caught SHSU, NDSU and Missouri St (as they are missing from the 'reported' schedule) fans off-guard...

I really hope our schedule includes Missouri St on Sept 1st. Wonder if Missouri St found an FBS game or something? Perhaps SHSU and Missouri St have postponed the overdue visit to Huntsville to another year? That's what I'm most curious about...

BearsCountry
February 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM
This move has apparently caught SHSU, NDSU and Missouri St (as they are missing from the 'reported' schedule) fans off-guard...

I really hope our schedule includes Missouri St on Sept 1st. Wonder if Missouri St found an FBS game or something? Perhaps SHSU and Missouri St have postponed the overdue visit to Huntsville to another year? That's what I'm most curious about...

Yeah I dont know what is going on with Sam Houston deal. If we dont go to you guys at least once that would be a little wrong.

Bison_Kent
February 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Well, Sam Houston State will replace Montana State for the Sept. 15 date for the Bison. To me, that is a pretty equal trade especially this year. I see a trip back to Fargo for Sept. 15.

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yeah I dont know what is going on with Sam Houston deal. If we dont go to you guys at least once that would be a little wrong.

Yeah, I hope if the game is off, it's atleast in 2008. We were definitely hoping you guys would come to Huntsville. We start a four year home-and-home with Gateway rival Western Illinois in 2009...

Guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of this schedule. Angelo St? Definitely not a fan of two sub-Div I games...

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Well, Sam Houston State will replace Montana State for the Sept. 15 date for the Bison. To me, that is a pretty equal trade especially this year. I see a trip back to Fargo for Sept. 15.

Bison Kent heading to see SHSU play!

That's what I was hoping for on KatFans.com! :thumbsup:

Bison_Kent
February 8th, 2007, 07:02 PM
TT, I was looking at the OK State game too as it is just 150 miles from me but I was just to Stillwater a year and a half ago. I would rather see a FCS vs. FCS anyway.

semobison
February 8th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Traded a Bobcat for a Bearcat! Pretty good trade!

McNeese75
February 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
If it happens, this should be a really interesting game :thumbsup:

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 07:06 PM
If it happens, this should be a really interesting game :thumbsup:

SHSU will be coming into this game at 2-0 after defeating two sub-Div II teams (more than likely). NDSU should be undefeated too and of course, this will be a big matchup that SHSU fans were waiting to see Bomar compete in. Great inter-sectional matchup. This game should be televised! CSTV? Where you at? :twocents:

Gil Dobie
February 8th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Bearcats in the Fargodome. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Go_Herd
February 8th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Nice to see the Bearcats coming up to Fargo, hopefully a few of you guys can make it up to the game. Stop by for the tailgaiting before the game--always a great time.

September sure is along way away.

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Bearcats in the Fargodome. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

You folks need to learn about the spelling of our mascot...

It's Bearkats...:thumbsup:

RabidRabbit
February 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Another good Southland/Great West OOC. :hurray: :hurray: I'd expect to see another couple of Southland match-ups by other Great West members. Poly, I know is still struggling to schedule games. Southland teams are a great bunch!:bow: :bow: :bow:

Gil Dobie
February 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
You folks need to learn about the spelling of our mascot...

It's Bearkats...:thumbsup:

My apologies to the Bearkats fans. :(

Bison_Kent
February 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Bison Kent heading to see SHSU play!

That's what I was hoping for on KatFans.com! :thumbsup:

I was actually to a game in 2004 when the Bearkats played at Missouri State. That was the last second loss for SHSU. The Bearkats wound up going as far as the semi-finals that year.

Maybe I can make two games this year. I might still get to Stillwater too. I have a feeling SHSU will be in the playoff running this year.

TT, will you be coming to either of these road games?

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 07:56 PM
TT, will you be coming to either of these road games?

Looking doubtful...

The soon to be Mrs TT is going to have me held down this coming fall with the wedding coming up after the FCS season in January 2008. We've already discussed my potential travels and outside of a SHSU game in Hammond against SELA, I may only get one SHSU game in Huntsville.

Of course, if the Kats make the playoffs, the soon to be Mrs may have to give me some wiggle room to make a trip or two...:thumbsup:

I am looking at a Bayou Classic visit this coming year, especially if Nick Deriso or Ralph takes care of me! ;)

BearsCountry
February 8th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I was actually to a game in 2004 when the Bearkats played at Missouri State. That was the last second loss for SHSU. The Bearkats wound up going as far as the semi-finals that year.

Wow, that was a classic game. Those last two minutes were the best I have ever seen at a college football game.

Bearkatpresident
February 8th, 2007, 08:31 PM
If I remember right, Congressman Kevin Brady is an alum of NDSU. I know his wife is a Bearkat. Maybe he can put a call in and get this game on TV?

Maybe?

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 08:37 PM
If I remember right, Congressman Kevin Brady is an alum of NDSU. I know his wife is a Bearkat. Maybe he can put a call in and get this game on TV?

Nope...

Brady was born in Vermillion, South Dakota, one of five children of William and Nancy Brady. His father, a lawyer, was killed in 1967 in a courtroom shooting in Rapid City, S.D.when Brady was 12 years old. Brady graduated from the University of South Dakota in Vermillion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Brady

blackfordpu
February 8th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I can not wait for this game. We Kats have been waiting for the Hill to schedule some quality FCS programs for some time now. We had Montana in 2004 and they seem to be the last big time FCS OOC team we have played. Unfortunatly, I will not be able to make this one but I'll be listening intently. :nod:

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I can not wait for this game. We Kats have been waiting for the Hill to schedule some quality FCS programs for some time now. We had Montana in 2004 and they seem to be the last big time FCS OOC team we have played. Unfortunatly, I will not be able to make this one but I'll be listening intently. :nod:

Tough for us to get some quality OOC FCS action. Outside of McNeese St, which has a history of success at this level, can't really say that any SLC school has year in and year out scheduled some of the FCS elite. Those east coast schools don't want to come down here!

Hopefully, SHSU can get two FCS schools on the schedule yearly. We need to get two teams, picking from the GWFC, Big Sky or Gateway. Would love SHSU to do home-and-home with Northern Colorado again. SLC seems to have good relations with GWFC. Hopefully that conference sustains in some form or another as it only helps our conference.

BEAR
February 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Bearkats....

By scheduling 2 DII teams and one BCS team you are setting yourself up for a potential bad schedule that just about knocks you out of the playoffs to begin with! If you lose to OK St. and NDSU then lose one to a conference foe.....lets just say it will be time to tighten your chin straps because the playoffs are almost gone...you would have to win the rest of your games to possibly get in! 3 losses and your in hurtsville! Am I right on that assumption? :eyebrow: :eek:

blackfordpu
February 8th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Bearkats....

By scheduling 2 DII teams and one BCS team you are setting yourself up for a potential bad schedule that just about knocks you out of the playoffs to begin with! If you lose to OK St. and NDSU then lose one to a conference foe.....lets just say it will be time to tighten your chin straps because the playoffs are almost gone...you would have to win the rest of your games to possibly get in! 3 losses and your in hurtsville! Am I right on that assumption? :eyebrow: :eek:

We realize all of this, unfortunaly we have no say in the schedule making.

Yes, you are right.

BEAR
February 8th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Didn't mean to make it sound like the fans had a say in it. Just wanted to know if you guys thought it was alright...or if you were going to say something to the administration or whoever about the schedule. I know the fans have little influence about who SHSU schedules. Sucks though:bang: :pumpuke:

blackfordpu
February 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Didn't mean to make it sound like the fans had a say in it. Just wanted to know if you guys thought it was alright...or if you were going to say something to the administration or whoever about the schedule. I know the fans have little influence about who SHSU schedules. Sucks though:bang: :pumpuke:

The "Hill" is not very receptive to what most alumni have to say. Unless someone who donated a lot of money to the program threatened to pull some funds, they will not do anything.

UNHWildCats
February 8th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Tough for us to get some quality OOC FCS action. Outside of McNeese St, which has a history of success at this level, can't really say that any SLC school has year in and year out scheduled some of the FCS elite. Those east coast schools don't want to come down here!

Hopefully, SHSU can get two FCS schools on the schedule yearly. We need to get two teams, picking from the GWFC, Big Sky or Gateway. Would love SHSU to do home-and-home with Northern Colorado again. SLC seems to have good relations with GWFC. Hopefully that conference sustains in some form or another as it only helps our conference.

I think the biggest problem is budget contraints. Some teams just cant afford to make those long trips a lot.

it would be great to see more east vs west games in FCS

BEAR
February 8th, 2007, 09:31 PM
So when you start the season with odds against you like this..the kind of schedule that even the players should hate, how do you go in with a positive attitude? UCA fans know we are not eligible for a few years for the playoffs, but when the time comes, our school had better work a schedule out that makes it possible to be in the playoffs. Tough games or easy games..doesn't matter..it should be determined on the field..not in the scheduling room...geez:bang:

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
So when you start the season with odds against you like this..the kind of schedule that even the players should hate, how do you go in with a positive attitude? UCA fans know we are not eligible for a few years for the playoffs, but when the time comes, our school had better work a schedule out that makes it possible to be in the playoffs. Tough games or easy games..doesn't matter..it should be determined on the field..not in the scheduling room...geez:bang:

Whole SLC has this issue for the most part. SELA has what, three money games? NWST has two money games and a sub-Div I game.

SFA has three FCS games and a sub-Div I game. That's favorable as does Texas State - San Marcos and probably McNeese...

SHSU needs to get a favorable schedule so we can talk playoffs. SHSU has never won an outright SLC title and being co-champs does not necessarily grant access to the Div I playoffs. That should be the ultimate goal and scheduling towards it is cruical...

TexasTerror
February 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
NDSU faithful already pulling out the old 'Sam Houston Institute of Technology' line...so clever! What happened to my talk of you folks being classy and knowledgeable fans? Atleast come up with some new smack...

http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1170988343

AZBison
February 8th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Many of us NDSU fans are as rabid as we are classy and knowledgable.

McNeese75
February 8th, 2007, 10:28 PM
The Bison are a tuff bunch. BUT, it is time for the SLC to take one from them. Good Luck Kats :thumbsup:

RabidRabbit
February 9th, 2007, 06:52 AM
The Bison are a tuff bunch. BUT, it is time for the SLC to take one from them. Good Luck Kats :thumbsup:

Yes, for an upstart school, Bison have yet to lose to a Southland school. :nod: :nod: A couple of more SLC schools have openings to maybe play the Bison? Still have at least 3 dates open :thumbsup:

bison95
February 9th, 2007, 09:40 AM
the SLC! My favorite conference in the FCS:nod: :nod: :nod: :rotateh: :rotateh: .

TexasTerror
February 9th, 2007, 09:41 AM
More is coming out...

1) Missouri St bought out the SHSU contract for $40,000. Missouri St figured it was better to play Kansas State and buy out SHSU.

2) North Dakota St and Div II Angelo State were the only games SHSU could get at this point in the scheduling process. As the poster on KatFans noted, Missouri St is the reason we got in this scheduling bind. I guess we can direct our anger at them, similar to NDSU folks at Montana St (though things did work out, eh?).

3) Coaching staff is thrilled about matching up against NDSU, comparisons are being made to our home-and-home with Montana, which included SHSU's victory over then #1 Montana in Huntsville.

AmsterBison
February 9th, 2007, 10:00 AM
the SLC! My favorite conference in the FCS:nod: :nod: :nod: :rotateh: :rotateh: .

That gets a big, "Heck yeah!" from me. No other conference has been as helpful to NDSU and SDSU in our scheduling efforts. Thanks!

Peems
February 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM
More is coming out...

1) Missouri St bought out the SHSU contract for $40,000. Missouri St figured it was better to play Kansas State and buy out SHSU.

2) North Dakota St and Div II Angelo State were the only games SHSU could get at this point in the scheduling process. As the poster on KatFans noted, Missouri St is the reason we got in this scheduling bind. I guess we can direct our anger at them, similar to NDSU folks at Montana St (though things did work out, eh?).

3) Coaching staff is thrilled about matching up against NDSU, comparisons are being made to our home-and-home with Montana, which included SHSU's victory over then #1 Montana in Huntsville.

just remember who got the last laughxlolx :smiley_wi

Peems
February 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM
also is this happening for sure now?

spelunker64
February 9th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...

TexasTerror
February 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM
just remember who got the last laughxlolx :smiley_wi

Had SHSU beat NWST in Natchitoches, LA during the regular season...

Montana would have come to Huntsville in the I-AA semifinals and it would've been a different ending...:thumbsup:

TexasTerror
February 9th, 2007, 11:45 AM
It's been reported to me by a source in the media that no contract has been signed between SHSU and North Dakota State at this point, to their knowledge.

Nothing confirmed by either university at this point...

Go Bison
February 9th, 2007, 03:17 PM
It's been reported to me by a source in the media that no contract has been signed between SHSU and North Dakota State at this point, to their knowledge.

Nothing confirmed by either university at this point...

Do you expect a contract to be signed?

TexasTerror
February 9th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Do you expect a contract to be signed?

If our head coach is reportedly, telling people that this is going to happen, I do believe it has verbally been agreed to. Again, until we see something from either institution, I'm not going to believe it 100%. It sounds like a good deal for us, lots of Kats aren't thrilled with the scheduling (two Div II games, a top notch FCS and then an FBS) for OOC...

Go Bison
February 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
If our head coach is reportedly, telling people that this is going to happen, I do believe it has verbally been agreed to. Again, until we see something from either institution, I'm not going to believe it 100%. It sounds like a good deal for us, lots of Kats aren't thrilled with the scheduling (two Div II games, a top notch FCS and then an FBS) for OOC...

Thanks! I hope it does happen.

McNeese75
February 9th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yes, for an upstart school, Bison have yet to lose to a Southland school. :nod: :nod: A couple of more SLC schools have openings to maybe play the Bison? Still have at least 3 dates open :thumbsup:

Upstart?????????? yeah right. xlolx

MplsBison
February 9th, 2007, 05:00 PM
The only thing I don't like about this is the 50k + airfare payoff.

Is this a 1 time game or are we coming to Huntsville in 08?

If we're going down there, why do you guys need a payoff too? Are you that broke?

patssle
February 9th, 2007, 05:16 PM
so nobody has verified this today??

If that would of been the case, I could of found out. Too lazy to walk across the street though.

TexasTerror
February 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM
so nobody has verified this today??

I verified with the NDSU beat reporter, as of our last contact, that the contract has not been signed. This was in the AM. Not sure if things changed as I never heard back from him. Perhaps he found something and is saving it for an article? Not sure...

The only thing I don't like about this is the 50k + airfare payoff. Is this a 1 time game or are we coming to Huntsville in 08? If we're going down there, why do you guys need a payoff too? Are you that broke?

This could be for two reasons...

1) No return game

2) You guys are in such a bind and we may have had other offers available, this was just icing on the cake in order for us to come up there to sweeten the deal.

BearsCountry
February 9th, 2007, 08:36 PM
As the scheduling turns, it looks like we are playing Tennesse-Martin now on the road.

blackfordpu
February 9th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...

Be careful what you wish for 64. :nod: ;)

FargoBison
February 10th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Here is the latest from the Fargo Forum....

North Dakota State athletic director Gene Taylor may want to send roses to the Southland Conference office on Valentine’s Day: The Bison are on the verge of scheduling another team from the Texas- and Louisiana-based league.

Taylor sent Sam Houston State a home-and-home football contract to have the Bearkats play in Fargo on Sept. 15 and host the Bison in Huntsville, Texas, in 2009.

“The Southland is one of those conferences that will play us,” Taylor said. “That’s why I like them. They don’t mind getting on an airplane and traveling to play.”

The Bearkats were 6-5 last year. They finished second in the league at 4-2. They’re expected to have Rhett Bomar, a highly touted quarterback who transferred from Oklahoma after missing the 2006 season for violating NCAA rules.

The Bearkats were originally scheduled to play Missouri State on the 15th, but Missouri State dropped them, leaving an opening for NDSU.

The Bison will host Southland team Stephen F. Austin on Sept. 8. Other recent Southland opponents were Northwestern State (La.) and Nicholls State (La.).

Taylor said he’s still talking with two-time defending Football Championship Subdivision winner Appalachian State about a season-opening game at the dome.

“They haven’t told me no,” he said.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/156005

slostang
February 10th, 2007, 12:29 AM

North Dakota State athletic director Gene Taylor may want to send roses to the Southland Conference office on Valentine’s Day: The Bison are on the verge of scheduling another team from the Texas- and Louisiana-based league.

Taylor sent Sam Houston State a home-and-home football contract to have the Bearkats play in Fargo on Sept. 15 and host the Bison in Huntsville, Texas, in 2009.

“The Southland is one of those conferences that will play us,” Taylor said. “That’s why I like them. They don’t mind getting on an airplane and traveling to play.”

The Bearkats were 6-5 last year. They finished second in the league at 4-2. They’re expected to have Rhett Bomar, a highly touted quarterback who transferred from Oklahoma after missing the 2006 season for violating NCAA rules.

The Bearkats were originally scheduled to play Missouri State on the 15th, but Missouri State dropped them, leaving an opening for NDSU.

The Bison will host Southland team Stephen F. Austin on Sept. 8. Other recent Southland opponents were Northwestern State (La.) and Nicholls State (La.).

Taylor said he’s still talking with two-time defending Football Championship Subdivision winner Appalachian State about a season-opening game at the dome.

Both SHSU and App. St are two teams I was hoping to see on Cal Poly's schedule. Cal Poly is quickly running out of options and I think they still need two home games. #%&@!^!!!!:bang:

TexasTerror
February 10th, 2007, 06:14 AM
I'm liking a home-and-home better than a one way deal, though we'll see what happens with the two Div II teams, which may just part of being stuck late in the "game" needing a game.

2009 would have NDSU and Western Illinois (beginning of a four year home-and-home with them) coming to SHSU at this point. That's looking like a fun OOC schedule at home at this point if they can get the deal done...

Go Bison
February 10th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Both SHSU and App. St are two teams I was hoping to see on Cal Poly's schedule. Cal Poly is quickly running out of options and I think they still need two home games. #%&@!^!!!!:bang:

Slostang,
I feel for you man. If NDSU's AD can pull off these two homes game with SHSU and App. St that would be rather incredible. Too bad we can't play either other twice in the same year. Cal Poly is always good competition. Unfortunately home games are hard to come by in the Great West Football conference.

blackfordpu
February 10th, 2007, 09:02 PM

Sounds promising, lets hope they get it done.

Why the year gap in the games? We will play at NDSU in 07 but they don't come to Bowers unitl 09?

TexasTerror
February 10th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Sounds promising, lets hope they get it done.

Why the year gap in the games? We will play at NDSU in 07 but they don't come to Bowers unitl 09?

This is nothing new, a gap in games that is. You have to remember that SHSU hosts four SLC home games next year. Throw in a sub-Div I opponent per the norm and we're already at five home games. Six is ideal and perhaps there's already something worked out.

2009 works better as we'll host three SLC games. We already have Western Illinois scheduled and could add North Dakota St and our sub-Div I foe for six home games to go along with four SLC road games and an FBS. That'll be a great schedule!

Of course, NDSU also has the whole conference issue. They've got a lot of OOC to fill right now being in the GWFC, so they got quite a few home-and-homes. They have to spread out the return games and such, especially if they get into a conference. I'm assuming they are working on the assumption that they get into the Gateway, so it makes sense to schedule things out some more...

blackfordpu
February 11th, 2007, 12:17 AM
This is nothing new, a gap in games that is. You have to remember that SHSU hosts four SLC home games next year. Throw in a sub-Div I opponent per the norm and we're already at five home games. Six is ideal and perhaps there's already something worked out.

2009 works better as we'll host three SLC games. We already have Western Illinois scheduled and could add North Dakota St and our sub-Div I foe for six home games to go along with four SLC road games and an FBS. That'll be a great schedule!

Of course, NDSU also has the whole conference issue. They've got a lot of OOC to fill right now being in the GWFC, so they got quite a few home-and-homes. They have to spread out the return games and such, especially if they get into a conference. I'm assuming they are working on the assumption that they get into the Gateway, so it makes sense to schedule things out some more...

Do you think we will ever get away from scheduling sub D-I competition?

patssle
February 11th, 2007, 01:29 AM
No, because we have to play SFA every year.

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Do you think we will ever get away from scheduling sub D-I competition?

Everyone does...

SHSU and the SLC especially has to do so considering it's hard to get folks to come to Huntsville and our other SLC cities as all other conferences have got to fly. Outside of the Big Sky and GWFC opponents, all those eastern coast folks can drive anywhere they want for an OOC game if not get a real cheap flight.

SHSU gets a home game out of it which increases revenues and we don't give that big a payout to folks who play us. As long as SHSU doesn't play the same foe each year and keeps it in region, especially in Texas, I've got no problem with it. Just have to win it...

blackfordpu
February 11th, 2007, 11:56 AM
No, because we have to play SFA every year.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2007, 08:06 PM
SHSU head football coach at halftime of the Kats' BKB game against SFA confirms a SHSU-NDSU match-up according to other fans on our board...

Go Bison
February 14th, 2007, 08:17 PM
SHSU head football coach at halftime of the Kats' BKB game against SFA confirms a SHSU-NDSU match-up according to other fans on our board...

Yes! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the game.

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Yes! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the game.

I am looking forward to the good pre-game talk between NDSU and SHSU fans. I really think that such a good OOC opponent as NDSU with quality fans would really get the SHSU fan base wanting to continue to play games like this against big-time, quality FCS foes...

BearsCountry
February 14th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Good get for both schools. Sam Houston State was a really good opponent when they came to Springfield.