Totally*

*unsubstantiated rumor

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Good matchup for the Bison.

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Let's do this! When does your flight get in Mr. Lawson? :D

Man, I wish. Someday I will, but at this point in my life, flying up is just too tricky and expensive. When I do make it up to Fargo, I'll probably drive up actually. It takes a couple of hours to get to the nearest airport, so flying pretty much kills a whole day anyway...it'd be cheaper to just drive and flying only saves me an hour or two off the whole ordeal. I can only make it to our game at UNI and at ILSU this year for away games, since they're both within 3 hours drive-time.

I'm actually surprisingly calm about this game. Going into the season, I fully expected we'd lose at NDSU. We've done better than I thought we would be doing at this point though and I think we have a decent shot at an upset win. Obviously I want Western to win, but it's like an FBS game where we have almost nothing to lose. You lose to a team ranked in the top 3, you're not going to get dropped that far, and if our only losses are to NDSU and USD (who very possibly could finish the season with a total of 1 loss between them), I think that would likely still get us a seed.

I think that we can win, but all phases of our game will have to be absolutely on point to do it. No dumb mistakes like we had against Missouri State.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Man, I wish. Someday I will, but at this point in my life, flying up is just too tricky and expensive. When I do make it up to Fargo, I'll probably drive up actually. It takes a couple of hours to get to the nearest airport, so flying pretty much kills a whole day anyway...it'd be cheaper to just drive and flying only saves me an hour or two off the whole ordeal. I can only make it to our game at UNI and at ILSU this year for away games, since they're both within 3 hours drive-time.

I'm actually surprisingly calm about this game. Going into the season, I fully expected we'd lose at NDSU. We've done better than I thought we would be doing at this point though and I think we have a decent shot at an upset win. Obviously I want Western to win, but it's like an FBS game where we have almost nothing to lose. You lose to a team ranked in the top 3, you're not going to get dropped that far, and if our only losses are to NDSU and USD (who very possibly could finish the season with a total of 1 loss between them), I think that would likely still get us a seed.

I think that we can win, but all phases of our game will have to be absolutely on point to do it. No dumb mistakes like we had against Missouri State.

https://i.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu/giphy.webp

In relation to both situations you brought forward.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2017, 04:58 PM

just travel with the team. ;)

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2017, 04:59 PM
I’m going NDSU 38 - WIU 17

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 05:00 PM
just travel with the team. ;)

^^^

Rejoin the band for an "alumni" outing?

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2017, 07:23 PM
^^^

Rejoin the band for an "alumni" outing?

Ha...you think we have the money to send our band anywhere....that's funny.

Besides, my daughter's birthday (and party) is Sunday, so I have to be here to set up for that.

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2017, 07:27 PM

Besides, my daughter's birthday (and party) is Sunday, so I have to be here to set up for that.

LIVE at the Hy-Vee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPjeE4UVKo

We'll bring you back. :D

-COI

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 07:34 PM

So, you're bringing her with to celebrate with 20,000 of her closest friends? :D

Enjoy your daughters birthday, but I completely forgot, Illinois and having money that is not tainted is a laughable statement in itself.

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2017, 08:11 PM
So, you're bringing her with to celebrate with 20,000 of her closest friends? :D

Enjoy your daughters birthday, but I completely forgot, Illinois and having money that is not tainted is a laughable statement in itself.

Ha...maybe someday. Not this weekend though. I'll have to settle with hanging out at home, watching all you obnoxious knobs heckle my Leathernecks on my TV ;)

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Ha...maybe someday. Not this weekend though. I'll have to settle with hanging out at home, watching all you obnoxious knobs heckle my Leathernecks on my TV ;)

What's even better is getting press credentials through the FCS Wedge and hearing what those obnoxious knobs say to your players. Eye opening stuff. ;)

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 08:18 PM

I do not know if I am going to get up there this weekend. It is MEA here in Minnesota, also known as "teachers are fed up with these kids already so we need a 4 day weekend", and as a flooring tech I have some work I want to get done on Thursday and Friday since I will be the only one in the building. There are some rough patches with terrazzo which is near 50-60 years old so I want to do that and possibly do some patchwork on some square tile in the science classrooms. There is a good chance, about 20-30 of us out of 7,500K staff and students will be working, so it will almost completely empty. Good news is that means I do not have to deal with these kids as well. :D

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 08:19 PM
What's even better is getting press credentials through the FCS Wedge and hearing what those obnoxious knobs say to your players. Eye opening stuff. ;)

That was one time at band camp and we agreed we would never talk about that again...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 08:19 PM
I do not know if I am going to get up there this weekend. It is MEA here in Minnesota, also known as "teachers are fed up with these kids already so we need a 4 day weekend", and as a flooring tech I have some work I want to get done on Thursday and Friday since I will be the only one in the building and there is a good chance, about 20-30 of us out of 7,500K staff and students will be working. Good news is that means I do not have to deal with these kids as well. :D

You coming up for UNI?

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2017, 08:21 PM
That was one time at band camp and we agreed we would never talk about that again...

It was crazy. I thought I was walking into Sears to do some appliance shopping and all of the sudden I was on a football field. :D

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2017, 08:21 PM

I was a band guy...I did band camp...and trust me, the stories don't do it justice.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 08:25 PM
You coming up for UNI?

I would love to but I got to find a ticket first. If I can get one, I will come up.

I try to make it to 1 game a month and this would be my "October" game. I went to the MVSU which was beginning of Sept, so I called it my "August" game, and then the MoSt which was my "Sept" game. I am thinking of traveling with some people I know for the SDSU game, but if USeD is still in contention for the title, I want to go to that game.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 08:26 PM
I was a band guy...I did band camp...and trust me, the stories don't do it justice.

I was never in band, but I have heard some stories. The best ones that happened to me were when I was coerced into going to camps that I did not want to go to, and well, I am surprised I was not completely thrown out and told to never come back.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 08:27 PM
It was crazy. I thought I was walking into Sears to do some appliance shopping and all of the sudden I was on a football field. :D

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/alcohol-because-no-great-story-begins-with-a-salad.jpg

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2017, 08:28 PM

Nope.

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Nope.

Wait, you were a band-bro as well? If so, this is news to me.

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2017, 08:29 PM

Yuuuuuuuup! Even got paid a little to do it in college.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 08:30 PM

Band-bro??

I thought it was: band geeks

LOL

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Jalen (Allison) vs Jaelon (Acklin) should be quite the matchup.

Good test for NDSU's pass defense. They allowed Mays from YSU to beat them a few times (he made some real good throws though) but he uses his mobility a lot. McGuire is more of a pocket passer. Can the NDSU pass rush consistently disrupt the pocket?

On the other side seems like WIU's pass defense gives yards but they know how to take it away (10 INTs on the year). Easton Stick hasn't thrown a pick yet this year ***knockonwood***. Speaking of Stick, how does WIU game plan against the QB run after Stick gashed YSU last week? Does that open up the read-option for the NDSU RBs or force WIU to take a defender out of coverage to spy Stick on passing downs.

All in all, I'm excited to see a worthy opponent in the Fargodome for the first time since the JMU game last December!

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 08:36 PM

This is how I feel right now

http://barstoolu.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/09/cornwham.0_standard_352.0.gif

Band-bro??

LOL

Well BF02 is no geek and is technically my dealer (when it comes to Bison tickets), so band-bro works better in this situation.

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Band-bro??

LOL

https://vgy.me/qlcBta.jpg

Still have one of them....the old standby Blessing B88.....basically a knock off Conn built once and a time ago in Elkhart, IN. Played a few different loaner ones in school for concert, orchestral, and jazz that fit the bill better.

"The U" paid me a grand a year to do it....and I needed the music courses for my lib arts anyway. All State Collegiate band 2 years in a row as a fresh/soph before I quit (too busy).

DCWIU11
October 16th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Jalen (Allison) vs Jaelon (Acklin) should be quite the matchup.

Good test for NDSU's pass defense. They allowed Mays from YSU to beat them a few times (he made some real good throws though) but he uses his mobility a lot. McGuire is more of a pocket passer. Can the NDSU pass rush consistently disrupt the pocket?

On the other side seems like WIU's pass defense gives yards but they know how to take it away (10 INTs on the year). Easton Stick hasn't thrown a pick yet this year ***knockonwood***. Speaking of Stick, how does WIU game plan against the QB run after Stick gashed YSU last week? Does that open up the read-option for the NDSU RBs or force WIU to take a defender out of coverage to spy Stick on passing downs.

All in all, I'm excited to see a worthy opponent in the Fargodome for the first time since the JMU game last December!

This. I think WIU's D is built more for the style of offense NDSU runs than let's says USD or SDSU. But, with Stick showing his mobility last weekend is concerning. The USD game and for any team playing USD, you limit their QB from running all over the field I think you have a fighting chance to win. NDSU likes running the ball North and south and our strength on defense is stopping that style of play. But, we do have an issue in our secondary, not as bad as last year but still do. I'm not sure how this game plays out but I do know we always play NDSU tough and I'm hoping that stays the same! But my guess is either NDSU 24 WIU 27 or NDSU 40 and WIU 24. Strictly depends on if we make NDSU offense one dimensional. Also, USD fans should vote and hope WIU wins because they will then be in the drivers seat of the MVFC if WIU wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2017, 08:58 PM
https://vgy.me/qlcBta.jpg

Still have one of them....the old standby Blessing B88.....basically a knock off Conn built once and a time ago in Elkhart, IN. Played a few different loaner ones in school for concert, orchestral, and jazz that fit the bill better.

"The U" paid me a grand a year to do it....and I needed the music courses for my lib arts anyway. All State Collegiate band 2 years in a row as a fresh/soph before I quit (too busy).

I was given no musical talents and eventually, over time, developed the ability to play electric, acoustic, and bass guitar. I can drum if necessary but not proficiently, and have learned to play the synth using a midi bypass to run it through one of my pedal boards, so I am still just playing an electric, but, if I want to, I can turn it into a midi-synthesizer. I would love to buy a Ztar Z6 or Z6s (difference is the type of strings they use) someday as they are quite fun to play around with and function very similarly to an electric guitar.

I would never have pictured you playing a big band instrument but whatever pays the bills and gets the job done, right?

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2017, 09:50 PM

Nice...here's me at our Homecoming Alumni Band last year (on the left):
https://i.imgur.com/bjrhRZV.jpg?1

Band-bro??

LOL

Maybe band geeks in high school...you get to college though, and it's typically the low brass who can drink just about everyone under the table.
We had a tuba player rig up a contraption where he could hide a flask down his bell, then pull it out at games. And I still have no idea how he got hot chocolate and baileys snuck in to all the November games...like...a small jug of it...it's not like you can put that in a pocket.

My favorite thing was taking non-band people or friends from other schools to band parties. Walk up to the kitchen door where they have the table and the menu...seriously...list of 20+ mixed drinks, three types of beer on tap (keg), good stuff on the top shelf...the whole shebang. People who were used to your regular 1 or 2-keg college party were blown away. It's how the people in the band house paid their bills...they'd all work the kitchen/bar, take in the money, while forgoing heavy drinking themselves...by the end of the night, they'd earned enough to cover that month's rent.

More crazy things happened in the first week when the band would show up to start all-day practices (the week before classes would start and the rest of the students would show up) than would occur the entire rest of the year combined.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2017, 09:59 PM
This. I think WIU's D is built more for the style of offense NDSU runs than let's says USD or SDSU. But, with Stick showing his mobility last weekend is concerning. The USD game and for any team playing USD, you limit their QB from running all over the field I think you have a fighting chance to win. NDSU likes running the ball North and south and our strength on defense is stopping that style of play. But, we do have an issue in our secondary, not as bad as last year but still do. I'm not sure how this game plays out but I do know we always play NDSU tough and I'm hoping that stays the same! But my guess is either NDSU 24 WIU 27 or NDSU 40 and WIU 24. Strictly depends on if we make NDSU offense one dimensional. Also, USD fans should vote and hope WIU wins because they will then be in the drivers seat of the MVFC if WIU wins.

We'll see how WIU's defense does. NDSU's offense is better than last year.

If WIU stays in their base defense, they'll get run off the field IMO. Every team so far this year has done a lot of run blitzing against the Bison....YSU not as much. Will the necks do this also...we'll find out Saturday.

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2017, 10:00 PM

Guessing you must've blocked out WIU's last trip to the Fargodome. ;)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400795751

DCWIU11
October 16th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Guessing you must've blocked out WIU's last trip to the Fargodome. ;)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400795751

Also y'all went and won the natty that year and we weren't as good as we are this year. There are always screw ups on the way! Oh I'm more thinking of last year when y'all were riding high and we lost by 6 or so? And we were on our way of blowing a chance at the playoffs. But again, I believe the the comment prior to yours is true in some regards. Outside of YSU we will be the second best defense y'all have played this year and hopefully our coach can tweak YSU's plan for a W.

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Nice...here's me at our Homecoming Alumni Band last year (on the left):
https://i.imgur.com/bjrhRZV.jpg?1

Maybe band geeks in high school...you get to college though, and it's typically the low brass who can drink just about everyone under the table.
We had a tuba player rig up a contraption where he could hide a flask down his bell, then pull it out at games. And I still have no idea how he got hot chocolate and baileys snuck in to all the November games...like...a small jug of it...it's not like you can put that in a pocket.

My favorite thing was taking non-band people or friends from other schools to band parties. Walk up to the kitchen door where they have the table and the menu...seriously...list of 20+ mixed drinks, three types of beer on tap (keg), good stuff on the top shelf...the whole shebang. People who were used to your regular 1 or 2-keg college party were blown away. It's how the people in the band house paid their bills...they'd all work the kitchen/bar, take in the money, while forgoing heavy drinking themselves...by the end of the night, they'd earned enough to cover that month's rent.

More crazy things happened in the first week when the band would show up to start all-day practices (the week before classes would start and the rest of the students would show up) than would occur the entire rest of the year combined.

T-Bone for life. :D

True story though. We didn't do much of anything for marching (or pep for that matter). It was black tuxedos for concert first....then right after the white coats would go on for the feature act (Jazz). That whole group (particularly the brass) were a bunch of booze hounds. Top shelf with cigars and played alot of cards....keg beer was for the kids. xthumbsupx

Bison56
October 17th, 2017, 06:42 AM

Is that even legal?xchinscratchx

clenz
October 17th, 2017, 07:35 AM

WIU's band is very different than the UNI band then.

I had classes with many band members. Maybe nerd/geek isn't the right adjective. A better set would be socially awkward, completely ignorant of all social cues in class/around campus/at the bars/everywhere in town, loud, obnoxious, gawky, etc...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2017, 07:35 AM
The best defense NDSU will see this year was last week in YSU. Can WIU consistently stop the Bison offense?

Looking forward to this matchup.

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2017, 09:22 AM
WIU's band is very different than the UNI band then.

I had classes with many band members. Maybe nerd/geek isn't the right adjective. A better set would be socially awkward, completely ignorant of all social cues in class/around campus/at the bars/everywhere in town, loud, obnoxious, gawky, etc...

Well, we had some of those folks too, but most of the brass players that I hung out with were pretty fun people and really knew how to party.

I would probably fall into the "socially awkward" category myself though. I'm fine online, when I have time to think about what I want to say, but meet me in person and sometimes I have a hard time keeping a conversation going. Although I'm more of the "quiet, sitting in the corner" type of socially awkward rather than the loud and obnoxious socially awkward.

The best defense NDSU will see this year was last week in YSU. Can WIU consistently stop the Bison offense?

Looking forward to this matchup.

Oh, right...the game. If I'm being honest with myself, I think we are able to stop the NDSU run game some, but not quite enough. Statistically, we're better than YSU's run defense at this point, but IRL, I think we're probably about the same. Against the pass, YSU is better than Western is, so that's actually what I'm more worried about. Now, we are substantially better this year than we were last year on both aspects of the defense, but I don't know if it'll be enough.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Well, we had some of those folks too, but most of the brass players that I hung out with were pretty fun people and really knew how to party.

I would probably fall into the "socially awkward" category myself though. I'm fine online, when I have time to think about what I want to say, but meet me in person and sometimes I have a hard time keeping a conversation going. Although I'm more of the "quiet, sitting in the corner" type of socially awkward rather than the loud and obnoxious socially awkward.

Oh, right...the game. If I'm being honest with myself, I think we are able to stop the NDSU run game some, but not quite enough. Statistically, we're better than YSU's run defense at this point, but IRL, I think we're probably about the same. Against the pass, YSU is better than Western is, so that's actually what I'm more worried about. Now, we are substantially better this year than we were last year on both aspects of the defense, but I don't know if it'll be enough.

WIU's defense looks decent:

#44 in scoring defense
#50 in total defense

I'm looking forward to see if WIU will stay in base a lot or blitz in obvious running situations.

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2017, 10:37 AM
WIU's defense looks decent:

#44 in scoring defense
#50 in total defense

I'm looking forward to see if WIU will stay in base a lot or blitz in obvious running situations.

Obviously we haven't played a full season this year, but if you compare our defensive numbers and rankings from last year to this year (so far)...

Rushing Defense:
149.7 ypg -> 111.2 ypg
45th -> 23rd

Passing Defense:
297.4 ypg -> 245.7 ypg
120th -> 86th

Scoring Defense:
31.5 ppg -> 23.5 ppg
91st -> 43rd

Total Defense:
447.1 ypg -> 356.8 ypg
106th -> 50th

Also, for reference, here's offensive numbers for the same categories/comparisons:

Rushing Offense:
141.8 ypg -> 196.5 ypg
74th -> 26th

Passing Offense:
269.1 ypg -> 272.5 ypg
17th -> 22nd

Scoring Offense:
29 ppg -> 41.8 ppg
41st -> 4th

Total Offense:
410.9 ypg -> 469.0 ypg
32nd -> 12th

So, improvement in all categories across both defense and offense, with the one exception of passing offense...where we're technically up in ypg, but down a little in the ranking as compared to the rest of the FCS. I know that in many of those categories, NDSU is probably improved as well (they seem better than last year in many aspects) and are in most cases, ranked higher than Western. If we can limit mental mistakes, it should be a good game.

dewey
October 18th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Blog aboit the upcoming game with Western Illinois.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-western-illinois-preview/

Dewey

Bisonator
October 18th, 2017, 11:29 AM
WIU scares me a bit. Maguire and Acklin are studs. Their defense looks improved. The 3-4 always seems to give us some trouble. If this game was in Macomb I'd give WIU a good shot at winning as we always seem to struggle there but since it's in Fargo I think the Bison win.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2017, 11:34 AM
WIU scares me a bit. Maguire and Acklin are studs. Their defense looks improved. The 3-4 always seems to give us some trouble. If this game was in Macomb I'd give WIU a good shot at winning as we always seem to struggle there but since it's in Fargo I think the Bison win.
Haha, it's funny you say that since NDSU is 5-0 in Macomb and only 1-2 in Fargo since moving D1.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Haha, it's funny you say that since NDSU is 5-0 in Macomb and only 1-2 in Fargo since moving D1.
Yeah but the games in Macomb always seem closer. At least the ones I remember.

clenz
October 18th, 2017, 11:45 AM
WIU isn't as good as their record is.

I did a breakdown of their systems they run before the UNI game. It looks exotic, but it's very basic.

The offense is a basic single I power system. They use a pin and pull blocking scheme. 2 OL pulling with the wing "trap blocking" backwards or getting way in front to block. It's the same type of blocking system the UofIowa uses. It looks gimmicky because they use a wing, which isn't common anymore, and do a bunch of motion/jet sweep looks. It's all a ruse to fool line backer eyes. It's not anything other than that.

Their passing game is simple and relies on the WR to make a play. It's a deep first read. First look is always the deep route and down from there. Many trees have 3 or 4 guys on the same half of the field at different levels. This keeps the QB from having to actually make reads. This is done because it's a deep read first. There won't be time to scan the field for a second or third read on the other side. It's a read down the lines and then dump it off to the RB/TE at the LOS.

The offense is actually quite basic when you break it down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2017, 12:34 PM

WII has some holes in their pass defense which the Bison should be able to exploit.

Every team, YSU not as much, has run blitzed the Bison in running situations. Wonder if WIU will do the same thing?

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2017, 12:50 PM
WII has some holes in their pass defense which the Bison should be able to exploit.

Every team, YSU not as much, has run blitzed the Bison in running situations. Wonder if WIU will do the same thing?
That was the case last year too, probably moreso, and IIRC the Bison did start off gashing them through the air but then went back to the old ground and pound as the game wore on and the offense really bogged down. Perhaps the new, more experienced OC will keep them from deviating as much and allow Stick to keep a rhythm throwing the ball.

I also remember NDSU DT Nate Tanguay had a grown man's game last year against WIU. 9 tackles (8 solo) and a blocked FG. If he and the Bison D-line can be that disruptive again I think it'll be a long day for Mr McGuire and Mr McShane.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I was down in Macomb for that game. You're right about the passing game clicking then Polasek going away from it. I remember turning around to Oline more than once and saying....WTF with the playing and going away from what is working.

So far it looks like Mess is calling good games and is taking what the defense is giving him.

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Worried about this game, just like any other MVFC game.

I have confidence that Messingham will call a good game for the O, though.

BisonTru
October 18th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Worried about this game, just like any other MVFC game.

I have confidence that Messingham will call a good game for the O, though.

I'm a little worried as well. I wish this game was in Illinois. It seems the farther away from home Western gets the better they play.

dustinthorn93
October 18th, 2017, 03:25 PM
For Western to have a really good chance at winning, they need to cut back on dumb penalties. Against USD #10 had a couple of penalties on a scoring drive that made it take an extra 2 minutes to score afterwards. They could have used those 2 minutes towards the end. Also...they can't miss PATs or have punts blocked like this week against MSU.

From what I've seen, WIU doesn't like to blitz a ton, but when they do they usually blitz to the field side. Brett, Khalen and Quentin are going to be busy. The problem with the DBs is that they aren't good at playing the ball in the air. Against MSU they gave up a couple of big plays to Malik Earl that were just getting outjumped. They had good coverage, just didn't make the play on the ball.

Offensively they need to start fast. Against USD and UNI they were held in check rushing wise, but both games they were down by 2 scores at half so they kind of gave up on it. Against MSU they were able to keep it close enough at half that they didn't have to change their philosophy much. They like to run what we (Rockford University where I played college ball) called a safety attract-er, meaning the slot receiver or TE tries to get the S to bite on their route to open up somebody else. They did it a couple times against MSU and threw crossing routes, and then in the second half the safeties jumped the crossing route and that left the WR to get open deep. But then again, that was MSU. It's a whole new beast this week.

I really want WIU to win but I know how good NDSU is. As long as they keep it within 1 score I'll consider it a win haha.

TheKingpin28
October 18th, 2017, 05:39 PM
If Messingham rolls with the punches and balances the ebbs and flows of the game, there is no reason to believe the Offense does not put up around 30 or so. It will come down to Entz being able to maintain, keyword is maintain, Acklin and preventing McGuire from completing passes/McShane from running outside.

I look at it like this:

-Rush 4+ every down and spy DeLuca on McGuire to keep him honest.
-Let Allison cover Acklin but keep Dempsey/Hendricks over the top every time to let McGuire know if he throws there, there will be double coverage.
-Let Cox/Jordheim cover McShane out of the backfield while dropping Grimsley down in the box on overloads and power runs.

I would personally be alright with a 4-2-5 or 5-2-4 this week against WIU and get pressure quick and early to force McGuire to make ill-advised throws and beat NDSU at their own game. Run the 5-2-4 when McGuire gets nervous and they try to run the ball since I take the front 4/5/7 of NDSU over any team in the nation any day of the week. Once McGuire realizes he needs to pass the ball, let Cox run wild and terrorize on delayed blitzes and then force McGuire to throw into consistent double coverage.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2017, 06:29 PM
DeLuca and Cox can run and cover. I'm not to worried about them.

Bring pressure and hopefully McGuire makes mistakes.

I'm bringing my A-game . Voice should be gone before end of 1st.

dewey
October 18th, 2017, 09:24 PM
This is from gobison.com.

THIS WEEK: After securing back-to-back road victories, No. 2-ranked North Dakota State (6-0, 3-0 MVFC) returns home for its next two contests beginning with 10th-ranked Western Illinois (5-1, 2-1 MVFC) this Saturday, Oct. 21. The Fighting Leathernecks are 4-0 on the road this year including a 42-point FBS win at Coastal Carolina. Game time is 2:30 p.m. at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome (18,700).

TELEVISION: Coverage begins at 2:30 p.m. on KVLY and the NBC North Dakota network with Brian Shawn calling the play-by-play, Lee Timmerman color analyst, and Ryan Gellner on the sidelines. ESPN3 will carry the game on WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. Pregame coverage hosted by Alex Egan and Beth Hoole begins one hour prior to kickoff.

RADIO: Coverage begins at 2 p.m. on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network with Jeff Culhane play-by-play, NDSU and Buffalo Bills Hall of Famer Phil Hansen analyst, and NDSU's Jeremy Jorgenson sidelines. Extended coverage locally on 107.9 The Fox, Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 11 a.m.-12 p.m. with Brad Jones, "Bison Game Day" from 12-1 p.m. and "Bison Hotline" for two hours following the network broadcast with hosts Keith Brake, Chris Hanson and former NDSU defensive end Cole Jirik.

ONLINE: NDSU All Access live video streaming for home games is by subscription on GoBison.com/allaccess. Audio streaming of the Bison Radio Network broadcast for every NDSU football game is available free of charge. Live stats for NDSU home games are available on BisonStats.com. Follow @NDSUfootball on Twitter for game updates.

TICKETS: Available single-game tickets go on sale at 8 a.m. Friday before each Bison home game on GoBison.com/tickets and at the Bison Ticket Office in the south lobby of the Sanford Health Athletic Complex. Game day ticket sales and will call are available in the east lobby of the Fargodome beginning five hours prior to kickoff.

THE SERIES: This is the ninth meeting between North Dakota State and Western Illinois dating back to 2007. NDSU has won four straight and leads the series 6-2. The Bison are 1-2 at home against Western Illinois after a 59-7 victory in the 2015 Harvest Bowl game. North Dakota State won 21-13 in Macomb last season thanks to a strong defense that blocked two field goals and forced three fourth-quarter turnovers including a fourth-and-goal stop from the 1-yard line to preserve the eight-point lead.

GOLD RUSH: North Dakota State will wear its alternate gold jersey and green Harvest Helmet this week against Western Illinois. The Bison are 24-0 in the gold jersey since the 2011 season opener including last year's FCS playoff win over South Dakota State. NDSU is 7-0 in the green helmet since its November 2015 debut including this year's win at Eastern Washington.

Go Bison!

Dewey
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/1c448b9a4ac7bbd4feb6010a14f96f2a.jpg

Schism55
October 18th, 2017, 09:39 PM
The green helmet, gold jersey, green pants is sooo sick looking.
Go El Bisons!!!

dewey
October 19th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum jokingly suggesting that the game should be at a neutral field since the road team has a better winning record compared to the home team. At either stadium (Western Illinois is 2-1 in the Fargodome). The only winning record in the Fargodome during the division 1 era.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4346054-kolpack-bison-should-think-about-playing-game-sioux-city

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum jokingly suggesting that the game should be at a neutral field since the road team has a better winning record compared to the home team. At either stadium (Western Illinois is 2-1 in the Fargodome). The only winning record in the Fargodome during the division 1 era.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4346054-kolpack-bison-should-think-about-playin

Dewey

Dewey: cue the Who fans saying they have a winning record in the FD.

*** although we might see a response because of how bad their season is ***

dewey
October 19th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Dewey: cue the Who fans saying they have a winning record in the FD.

*** although we might see a response because of how bad their season is ***LOL! That is why I made sure to say the Division 1 era. Are Siouxage fans still interested in football or is that long gone since the hockey has started?

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2017, 02:24 PM
LOL! That is why I made sure to say the Division 1 era. Are Siouxage fans still interested in football or is that long gone since the hockey has started?

Dewey

I like Kolpack but his article is all bluster for internet hits.

Ya, Western is 2-1 in the FD but the wins were from 08 and 10. This Bison team is significantly better than those teams.

It was a good article though.

Looking forward to the game!

ST_Lawson
October 19th, 2017, 02:25 PM

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4346054-kolpack-bison-should-think-about-playin

Dewey

Your link appears to be broken.
This one works: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4346054-kolpack-bison-should-think-about-playing-game-sioux-city

dewey
October 19th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Your link appears to be broken.
This one works: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4346054-kolpack-bison-should-think-about-playing-game-sioux-city

Thanks. I fixed it my original post as well.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
October 19th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I just want to point out to everyone something to keep in mind....

Through 6 games, 104 throws, Easton Stick has zero interceptions....none....nada....zilch. No interceptions so far this season.
Just wanted to mention that.

Professor Chaos
October 19th, 2017, 03:47 PM

Through 6 games, 104 throws, Easton Stick has zero interceptions....none....nada....zilch. No interceptions so far this season.
Neither did Streveler coming into the WIU game. He still doesn't. :D

Terrier19
October 19th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Looks like the makings of a great game.....Good luck to both teams. Really interested in this game and its results.

ST_Lawson
October 19th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Neither did Streveler coming into the WIU game. He still doesn't. :D

You're not wrong, but I also didn't mention anything about it before that game.

POD Knows
October 19th, 2017, 06:47 PM
WIU 28, NDSU 21, sell the kids, sell the farm, sell the stocks and bonds, bet the ranch, #bookit

Bisonoline
October 19th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I like Kolpack but his article is all bluster for internet hits.

Ya, Western is 2-1 in the FD but the wins were from 08 and 10. This Bison team is significantly better than those teams.

It was a good article though.

Looking forward to the game!

Yeah he really shifted in to the BS gear for this one.

Green1
October 20th, 2017, 09:00 AM
WIU 28, NDSU 21, sell the kids, sell the farm, sell the stocks and bonds, bet the ranch, #bookit

Well, there we have it folks. It's over. Finito. Done. Been nice knowing you WIU. Good luck with the rest of your season.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2017, 09:24 AM

That's a little harsh. I can't remember the last time I had something negative to say about WIU.

Missingnumber7
October 20th, 2017, 10:33 AM
The one thing that worries me is the defense has had issues making tackles lately. Don't get me wrong I hope this changes but that concerns me. The other thing that bothers me is the FG kicking. Cam has missed a few more than has been missed in the past. I hope that last week is a good sign, but still things need to turn around.

POD Knows
October 20th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Well, there we have it folks. It's over. Finito. Done. Been nice knowing you WIU. Good luck with the rest of your season.What do you mean, they have the best receiver in the conference xcoffeex, they are kicking ass and taking names, yuge mojo going on. They are coming off a yuge win over the always capable MSU. This is a trap game for NDSU, coming off a OT with YSU, I dunno. I like WIU's chances. #bookit

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2017, 10:43 AM
The one thing that worries me is the defense has had issues making tackles lately. Don't get me wrong I hope this changes but that concerns me. The other thing that bothers me is the FG kicking. Cam has missed a few more than has been missed in the past. I hope that last week is a good sign, but still things need to turn around.
He's 6-8 on FGs and 37-38 on PATs. He's been better this year than he ever has been before.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2017, 02:48 PM
24 hours to kickoff and I'm officially pumped to finally see a good opponent in the Fargodome this year! The crowd will be bringing it and so will WIU... this one should be fun!

Missingnumber7
October 20th, 2017, 11:40 PM
He's 6-8 on FGs and 37-38 on PATs. He's been better this year than he ever has been before.
Maybe I need to watch a little closer.

By the way this will be my first Bison game attended in person since the first playoff GA Southern game and the first regular season game since I was a student at NDSU 10 years ago.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2017, 06:26 AM
Looking forward to a good game.

It will come down to defense and the Bison have a better one.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 02:37 PM
Great start by getting a sack to open the game.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 02:43 PM
Easton just looks amazing this game.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 02:44 PM
Cam with a nice FG to make it 3-0 with 9:14 left in the 1st.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 02:57 PM
NDSU holds the Leathernecks to a FG

3-3

3:06 left in the 1st Q.

Prime Power
October 21st, 2017, 03:01 PM
Once again NDSU D looks average, but stiffened in the red zone and comes up huge.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 03:05 PM
NDSU 3
WIU 9

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 03:05 PM

Ahem....ahem.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:06 PM
Easton with his first INT of the season and it is a pick 6.

9-3

2:13 left in the 1st Q

Prime Power
October 21st, 2017, 03:08 PM
This officiating crew seems to not know what the hell they are doing.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 03:09 PM

They do seem to be rather confused.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:10 PM

They do seem to be rather confused.

Time to let the coaches ref the game? Go back to Pee Wee football?

gsf23nd
October 21st, 2017, 03:11 PM

looking great..

centennial
Another INT. Another bad throw.

Drblankstare
What a terrible throw by Stick

TheKingpin28
looking great..

His first drive and 6 games he was. He must not have seen that safety and throwing on the run is not advised.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 03:12 PM
WIU is getting away with a LOT of holding.

Prime Power
October 21st, 2017, 03:13 PM

xsmhx

TheKingpin28

Yeah the fron 4 are getting mauled but no excuses though. NDSU looks ill-prepared.

9-3 end of the 1st Q.

Drblankstare
W Ill defense looking very stout against the run.

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 03:15 PM
It's early but that was a gigantic stand for the Bison defense, they bailed Stick out bigtime

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:15 PM
NDSU with a much needed sack on to force a 4th down.

The offense needs to show up, otherwise WIU will run away with this game.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 03:16 PM
It's early but that was a gigantic stand for the Bison defense, they bailed Stick out bigtime

A score there and the game could've gotten away. Good stand.

Grizalltheway
October 21st, 2017, 03:23 PM
Yeah not so much fun when the shoe's on the other foot, is it.xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:27 PM
Stick has the chance to break a run and just stays in the pocket.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:29 PM
Turnover on downs for the Bison. You got to give that ball to Dunn.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 03:30 PM
Stupid stupid stupid this is how you lose games.

Prime Power
October 21st, 2017, 03:30 PM
NDSU is overrated, no question. They beat up on some cupcakes, but it is pretty obvious they are not as good as people think.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2017, 03:31 PM
God ****ing damn it. Do we have a sneak play or something in the playbook

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 03:32 PM
NDSU is overrated, no question. They beat up on some cupcakes, but it is pretty obvious they are not as good as people think.

I mean....we could just be kinda good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheKingpin28
This team is not a top 3 team in the nation.

No_Skill
God ****ing damn it. Do we have a sneak play or something in the playbook

I think they only have one short yardage play.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 03:33 PM

No doubt. NDSU has come out dull however.

ST_Lawson
That was a stupid 3rd down play, idk what was going on with that.

Our defense is probably like "you gotta be f'ing kidding me...we were just out there"

Prime Power
All kinds of mistakes being made by this team and the coaching staff. Hopefully they make the right adjustments at half.

Bison56
Maybe it's because WIU is a good team?

Prime Power

LoL....nope.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 03:34 PM
Why run the same play on 4th down both times? Isn't there a boot leg option out of it?

Dewey

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 03:35 PM
LoL....nope.

Fair enough

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 03:36 PM
Why run the same play on 4th down both times? Isn't there a boot leg option out of it?

Dewey

I said that b4 the play, why not have a pass run option for Stick. It's like this team plays scared.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:37 PM
WIU CB just falls down and NDSU with the bomb!

TD BISON!

10-9 NDSU with 2:31 left in the 2nd Q.

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 03:38 PM
Yeah not so much fun when the shoe's on the other foot, is it.xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:43 PM
Nevermind, but that was just a dumb penalty.

dewey
Stupid taunting penalty by Dom Davis.

Dewey

centennial
Such a ****ing BS call.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:45 PM
Wow, hold much on the QBs blindside? The LT was damn near bearhugging him.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 03:45 PM
Refs just not calling holding. 3 times this drive already.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:47 PM
Jabril Cox is a freak of nature. Way to stay home and spy the QB!

clenz
October 21st, 2017, 03:47 PM

You were 7 seconds from losing to UNI. So....

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 03:48 PM
Nice job spying by Cox and sacking McGuire for a loss.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 03:48 PM
You were 7 seconds from losing to UNI. So....

And UNI beat SDSU and is under 7 minutes from beating Youngstown State....so there.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 03:49 PM
Wow, Erickson with the leg!

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 03:49 PM
HUGE kick by Western Illinois!

12-10 WIU 17 seconds to go 2nd quarter.

Dewey

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 03:50 PM
Coaching scared

POD Knows
October 21st, 2017, 03:51 PM
That kick would have been good from over 60.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 03:51 PM
Shameful taking a knee.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 03:52 PM
Klieman never steps on the throat. Yeah we get it they are good football team, at least try to make a FG with 2 time outs left.

Grizalltheway
October 21st, 2017, 03:54 PM
https://s1.postimg.org/8hyjh7hkpb/green.jpg

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 03:56 PM
Lol I wish I had a pair.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:17 PM
Really nice drive by NDSU to open the 2nd half.

Dewey

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:18 PM

It should be yellow frames but you are close.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:19 PM
Stick is gutsy and I thought he was going to pitch it.

Wow that was a bad spot.

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 04:20 PM
I was wondering if they even had that play in the playbook.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:21 PM
Really impressive drive by NDSU!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:21 PM
TD Bison!

Stick with the keeper.

17-12

8:57 left in the 3rd Q.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:27 PM
NDSU with a great way to start the half. 6 minute drive for 7 and forcing WIU into a 3 and out.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:28 PM
Great job by Allison to get his hand on that ball. Good defensive series to open the 2nd half for NDSU.

Dewey

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 04:30 PM
Please slide Easton, pretty please

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:32 PM
Boy that Saunders is very good.

NDSU gets big first down by Stick taking off.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
Easton needs to slide there. That just made me squirm a little to see that hit.

TheKingpin28
BRUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 04:33 PM
Please slide Easton, pretty please

Obviously not there

ST_Lawson
Boy that Saunders is very good.

NDSU gets big first down by Stick taking off.

Dewey

Yea, Saunders is very quick.

dewey
RJ FREAKING Legendowski!

Dewey

Bison56
Good mix of plays that drive.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:34 PM
Obviously not there

What a drive by Stick.

I stick by my assessment. Easton is looking good.

Bison56
RJ FREAKING Legendowski!

Dewey

Nice job hanging on to that pass.

dewey
NICE run by Stick!

Touchdown NDSU!

24-12 NDSU leads 402 to go 3rd quarter. Dominating 3rd quarter by NDSU so far.

Dewey

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 04:35 PM
A terrific job mixing up the offensive looks those last couple drives for the Bison. It's not something they do enough of IMO

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:36 PM
Yea, Saunders is very quick.

He is really impressive moving down the line of scrimmage. Quick for a guy that size. Him and Taylor are everywhere.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
Y'all don't see what's going on the sidelines.

I'm worried about Eastons leg still.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

centennial
A terrific job mixing up the offensive looks those last couple drives for the Bison. It's not something they do enough of IMO

Agree. Messingham right now is looking better than Polasek. Nice mixing it up.

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 04:37 PM
What a drive by Stick.

I stick by my assessment. Easton is looking good.

Hes an impressive runner with good instincts, but he needs to remember once he's got the 1st, go ahead and avoid that hit

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 04:38 PM
He is really impressive moving down the line of scrimmage. Quick for a guy that size. Him and Taylor are everywhere.

Dewey

They often are. But the defense needs some time to rest. Our offense just can't get anything going (it's not surprising to me, I mean....Bison defense...duh), but I obviously wish we could do more.

Bison56

1000% agree

TheKingpin28
Y'all don't see what's going on the sidelines.

I'm worried about Eastons leg still.

That hit on the knee on that long scamper did not look good.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:39 PM
Hes an impressive runner with good instincts, but he needs to remember once he's got the 1st, go ahead and avoid that hit

I grimmaced after that hit and it is something he needs to remember that don't get injured trying to get that extra 3yds when you have already gotten 25+

dewey
Nice throw by McGuire to Acklin.

Dewey

centennial
More holding that WIU gets away with.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 04:40 PM
More holding that WIU gets away with.

https://pics.me.me/i-just-want-a-hug-24117250.png

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:41 PM
https://pics.me.me/i-just-want-a-hug-24117250.png

Come to fargo, and you'd get one, and a beer or 10. :D

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:41 PM
Boy James Hendricks has really played well for NDSU this year.

Another nice stop by NDSU.

Dewey

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 04:42 PM
Western has some dudes on defense, very impressed

IBleedYellow
October 21st, 2017, 04:42 PM
That hit on the knee on that long scamper did not look good.No.

It was that sack that really messed him up.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:43 PM
No.

It was that sack that really messed him up.

The one where his knee bent backwards and his leg got tucked then?

Bison56
Boy James Hendricks has really played well for NDSU this year.

Another nice stop by NDSU.

Dewey
It's in his blood.

ST_Lawson
Western has some dudes on defense, very impressed

It's hard to get past the front line with Taylor, Quentin Moon, and Saunders...but if you get past that line, you can get a lot.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:46 PM
Stick has tied Carson Wentz for 3rd all time for the most career touchdown passes.

Dewey

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 04:47 PM
RJ drops a sure first down.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:47 PM
RJ stops a sure first down.

Dewey

You got to catch that. Clock stops too which is huge.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 04:48 PM

I'm thankful he didn't, but yea, Urz is good enough to catch that 99.99% of the time.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 04:48 PM

Sometimes you can overthink a catch. Almost seemed like he was trying hard not to drop it, and dropped it.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:52 PM
I'm thankful he didn't, but yea, Urz is good enough to catch that 99.99% of the time.

Sometimes you can overthink a catch. Almost seemed like he was trying hard not to drop it, and dropped it.

It's unfortunate since it gives WIU a chance to come back in the game.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:52 PM
McShane with a nice cut back to get the 1st down.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 04:54 PM
Hendricks just let that one slip out of his hands. Nice tip by the WR though.

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 04:56 PM
Color me surprised Fischer didn't go for it. They did pin NDSU, but I think he should have been aggressive

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 04:57 PM
Color me surprised Fischer didn't go for it. They did pin NDSU, but I think he should have been aggressive

Yea that was mistake IMO.

IBleedYellow
Has RJ ever dropped two passes in a row in his career?

I think we all just witnessed history.

TheKingpin28

They need points and the NDSU O is just rolling right now, so I do not understand it.

Drblankstare
Yea that was mistake IMO.

He believes his D will give them a chance I guess

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 04:59 PM

Didn't you see our games against UNI or MSU? Gotta save it all for our final two scores in the last couple of minutes.

NDB
October 21st, 2017, 04:59 PM
Stick has tied Carson Wentz for 3rd all time for the most career touchdown passes.

Dewey

Great accomplishment, but let's not forget that the forward pass was not allowed in the North Central Conference when NDSU was Division II.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:01 PM
Didn't you see our games against UNI or MSU? Gotta save it all for our final two scores in the last couple of minutes.

Clutch U?

Great accomplishment, but let's not forget that the forward pass was not allowed in the North Central Conference when NDSU was Division II.

#BringBackTheVeer

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 05:02 PM
Clutch U?

Yup...time to push that clutch and shift some gears ;)

centennial
Just gave WIU a chance to get back in the game.

Drblankstare

Nevermind mind, he remembered NDSU can't punt worth **** xshakefistxxshakefistx

TheKingpin28
Yup...time to push that clutch and shift some gears ;)

Do not VEER from the gameplan. Hehe

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 05:03 PM
Do not VEER from the gameplan. Hehe

Jet sweep time maybe?

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:04 PM
Jet sweep time maybe?

I may be wrong, and have been before but, I think this might be correct.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/467/1355331549061.jpg

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:05 PM
And Acklin catches a bomb to get inside the 5.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 05:05 PM
I may be wrong, and have been before but, I think this might be correct.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/467/1355331549061.jpg

No...I got it. My play on words didn't go so well though.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:06 PM
No...I got it. My play on words didn't go so well though.

I am a millennial. I deserve the public shame that comes with it, even though I do not fit the stereotype.

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 05:07 PM
Timmerman is nauseating

- - - Updated - - -

I am a millennial. I deserve the public shame that comes with it, even though I do not fit the stereotype.

You don't have a beard?

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 05:08 PM
Turn over on downs.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:09 PM
Dunn, get up! Please do not go down.

centennial
Oh oh. Lance is injured.

Drblankstare
Hope that's a cramp for Dunn, losing him would be very very bad

dewey
Great fourth down stop by NDSU. I wish Grimsley would have looked for the ball on that deep pass.

Dunn is down. Please be just a cramp.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
So much for our committee of running backs.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:10 PM
Timmerman is nauseating

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have a beard?

I have had a beard, but I am usually rough cut or clean shaven. I don't drink IPAs if that is what the next question was going to be. xlolx

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 05:11 PM
The announcers just said Dimitri Williams took snaps at runningback.

Dewey

Bison56
October 21st, 2017, 05:11 PM
I have had a beard, but I am usually rough cut or clean shaven. I don't drink IPAs if that is what the next question was going to be. xlolx
xlolx

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 05:12 PM
Looks like he just kinda got squished under our guys, folding down kinda weird. I do honestly hope he's ok, he's a phenomenal back.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:13 PM
xlolx

So hopefully that helps quell all the rumors. Also, I have the world's dumbest phone, a flip phone that I downgraded to, since my slide phone was just too much.

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 05:17 PM
NDSU needs like 4 guys on Acklen

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 05:18 PM
NDSU needs like 4 guys on Acklen

I think everybody wants a guy or 4 like Acklin.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 05:19 PM
WIU is 4 of 12 on third down today.

Dewey

TheKingpin28

How many Acklin's are too many Acklin's?

Drblankstare

Lol, ain't that the truth.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 05:20 PM
Interception by Dempsey!

Dewey

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 05:20 PM
How many Acklin's are too many Acklin's?

Let's see....you can go with what....5 WRs at a time? So maybe 6 is good, in case you have an injury.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:22 PM
Let's see....you can go with what....5 WRs at a time? So maybe 6 is good, in case you have an injury.

He is so good though. Imagine if WIU had just one more playmaker, the amount that would help out Acklin and McShane.

Drblankstare
October 21st, 2017, 05:22 PM
Can this ref crew work every NFL game I watch. I know they missed some holding on both sides, but it is a breath of fresh air watching a football game and not seeing a flag every 2 plays

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:23 PM
Can this ref crew work every NFL game I watch. I know they missed some holding on both sides, but it is a breath of fresh air watching a football game and not seeing a flag every 2 plays

You're telling me that you did not miss at least 5 "targeting" calls a game? xdrunkyx

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 05:24 PM
I was hoping for a win, but pretty much about as I expected.

dewey
October 21st, 2017, 05:25 PM
Good win by the Bison today.

Dominating 3rd quarter.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:26 PM
Dunn is on crutches.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 05:26 PM
Dunn is on crutches.

I hope it's not anything serious. You guys will really want him against UNI and USD.

Bisonator
October 21st, 2017, 05:28 PM
Big win for the Bison. Sounds like Lance has a hip pointer, hope he'll be ready by next week. Good game Leathernecks, you had me worried for a half. Stick looked like crap in the first half but flipped the switch in the second. Bring on UNI!

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 05:29 PM
I hope it's not anything serious. You guys will really want him against UNI and USD.

Hip pointers are usually 1-3 weeks to heal. All depends on how bad the injury is. Low chance of him playing next week IMO.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 05:34 PM

Your defense the 1st half showed up big and that is good to see, but if Dunn misses anytime, that completely changes the gameplan.

X-Factor
October 21st, 2017, 06:12 PM
Hip pointers are usually 1-3 weeks to heal. All depends on how bad the injury is. Low chance of him playing next week IMO.

Nope, not according to Phil Hanson. Said it can be played through with pain.

centennial
October 21st, 2017, 06:18 PM

Yes, you can play through the pain. Players also play with cracked ribs, broken hands, MCL strains. If that happens to be the case use Bruce more, and only give Dunn limited snaps.

TheKingpin28
October 21st, 2017, 06:22 PM
Yes, you can play through the pain. Players also play with cracked ribs, broken hands, MCL strains. If that happens to be the case use Bruce more, and only give Dunn limited snaps.

I would see how the game goes with Stick and Bruce with Robbins leading the way and if they are able to maintain UNI, keep Dunn on the sidelines and give him another week of rest. If it is a neck and neck game, give him some limited snaps (maybe no touches but as a decoy to stack the box) to help the passing game get some yards and eventually open the box back ip.

WeAreThePride
October 21st, 2017, 07:45 PM
Reading through this thread after the game is comical. Western is very good. We beat them by two scores.

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2017, 08:15 PM
Sounds like Ty Brooks should be back next week so hopefully they can at least avoid pulling a redshift if Lance can't go and Brooks can spell Bruuuuuuce.

Bisonoline
October 21st, 2017, 08:51 PM

All depends on how bad it is. But what i heard was he heard something POP. That isnt a hip pointer. We will know more on Monday.

BisonFan02
October 21st, 2017, 09:06 PM
Taylor for WIU is a monster...dude was flying all over the place. Good game WIU....pretty salty team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2017, 09:07 PM
Back from the game. Very good one.

NDSU's defense was lights out. WIU had only 82 yards when NDSU started to sit back in prevent in the 4th quarter. Butler and the DL dominated WIU's OL. 5 sacks in the 1st half and gave up only 31 rushing yards.

Stick shook off 2 INTs and had a very good game. I saw a bunch of holding calls on WIU's OL that were not called.

Now UNI comes to the FD next week. Another slugfest.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 09:27 PM
I saw a bunch of holding calls on WIU's OL that were not called.

Ray Charles saw those holding calls, and he's blind......and dead.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2017, 09:40 PM
Ray Charles saw those holding calls, and he's blind......and dead.

They were missed calls.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 09:42 PM
They were missed calls.

That's what I'm saying. You saw holding, I saw holding (on TV from Macomb), Ray Charles with his sunglasses all 6 feet under saw holding.

But the refs didn't see holding.

cx500d
October 22nd, 2017, 12:29 AM

Somehow we got a receiver in the pros in them days.

dewey
October 22nd, 2017, 08:03 AM
Here is the post game press conference with NDSU head coach Chris Klieman.

https://youtu.be/Scx-5DtJZhw

Dewey

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2017, 08:09 AM
Taylor for WIU is a monster...dude was flying all over the place. Good game WIU....pretty salty team.He is the best linebacker in this conference, the guy was everywhere.

Outside of a couple of breakdowns in the secondary yesterday, the Bison played great D against a pretty good team. WIU have under 30 yards in rushing I believe. It is sick how many good teams are in the Valley this year. I might put 7 MVFC teams in the top 20 this weekend, not kidding.

X-Factor
October 22nd, 2017, 10:07 AM
Back from the game. Very good one.

NDSU's defense was lights out. WIU had only 82 yards when NDSU started to sit back in prevent in the 4th quarter. Butler and the DL dominated WIU's OL. 5 sacks in the 1st half and gave up only 31 rushing yards.

Stick shook off 2 INTs and had a very good game. I saw a bunch of holding calls on WIU's OL that were not called.

Now UNI comes to the FD next week. Another slugfest.

I almost feel sorry for Brett Taylor. Dude deserves to play on a better defense. It was a 1 man wrecking crew. The holding (non calls) were a bit ridiculous. At one point I saw a WIU defender pull our WR, the WR broke free, then the DB did it again! No call.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2017, 10:11 AM
I almost feel sorry for Brett Taylor. Dude deserves to play on a better defense. It was a 1 man wrecking crew. The holding (non calls) were a bit ridiculous. At one point I saw a WIU defender pull our WR, the WR broke free, then the DB did it again! No call.Was that the first deep route by RJ? They also pitched him and made contact while the ball was in the air. I actually thought the crew did a decent job, they didn't call anything on anybody.

IBleedYellow
October 22nd, 2017, 10:15 AM
https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/922104600789946368

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2017, 10:16 AM
I almost feel sorry for Brett Taylor. Dude deserves to play on a better defense. It was a 1 man wrecking crew. The holding (non calls) were a bit ridiculous. At one point I saw a WIU defender pull our WR, the WR broke free, then the DB did it again! No call.

We were dying last night because the flags came out and the ref said:
”There are two fouls on the play. Pass interference, defense, #2. That penalty is declined. Pass interference, defense, #2. 15 yard penalty. First down.”

Tressel and another YSU Guy were standing next to me and we were dying laughing. He said he had never seen it called that way. “It’s called a double move and he got him on both of them.” I can’t say I’m a Tressel fan, but he was funny and friendly and had some good insights on the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2017, 10:16 AM

I missed that one on RJ. Taylor is good and has a nose for the ball.

The blatant holding calls were mostly on our DL. A couple were right in front of the refs face. The best one was when Stanley Jones had his shoulder pads up in the air while the OL had him in a bear hug.....xlolx......xeyebrowx

I'm sure the Bison OL probably had some holding calls missed also but some were so obvious by WIU that were not called.

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2017, 10:52 AM
Fun fact: At least the white hat (and I'm guessing most of the crew) was the same from the famous Pelini meltdown game in 2015 when NDSU went to Youngstown. I'm guessing that might scar a person to not want to throw flags very often anymore after that.

X-Factor
October 22nd, 2017, 11:08 AM
https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/922104600789946368

This was it! I should have known Ross would bring this one to life.

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2017, 01:25 PM
This was it! I should have known Ross would bring this one to life.You need to watch the next second or two, the Dbacks both pinch RJ, initiate contact while the ball was in the air, that was far more flagrant than this jersey deal. I still wouldn't have called PI on this play because stupid, weak PI penalties piss me off.

Missingnumber7
October 23rd, 2017, 03:33 PM
Such a ****ing BS call.
There was a time when then players on the field took care of that. it isn't Bison football and there is no place for it in this program. It kept a drive alive despite a great play.