PDA

View Full Version : Socon week 7 score thread

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 04:20 PM
I would have started this earlier, however I had a work thing.

As of 5:15, here's where we stand:

Furman handily and predictably beat VMI 42-10. A below-average day for the Paladins in terms of offensive efficiency, only scoring on 6/11 drives.

Mercer is up 13-3 over Chattanooga. This is the kind of defensive game so far you want if you're Mercer defensively. They're holding Chatt to a score on 1 of 5 possessions. Conversely, their offense has left some points on the field. Mercer can't let Chattanooga hang around or it'll be ETSU all over again.

Most shockingly, not because of the lead but because of the total amount of points is Western up 7-3 at ETSU early in the third quarter. I'm surprised there's as few points as there is. I'm also a little shocked that ETSU has something resembling a run game, having 90 yards rushing at the half.

Wofford and Citadel kick off at 6

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Western has blown it open after a couple good drives and a pick 6. They're up 28-10 in the third.

Mercer's superb defense is pile driving Chattanooga's offense, up 20-3 late in the third and driving.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Citadel drives down on their first drive for a score, holding the ball for over half the quarter.

That's exactly what they need to do to win the game

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 05:36 PM
After 15, the citadel is up 7-0 and has the ball 3rd and 4ish.

Wofford isn't playing well at the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball, but we've improved since that impressive first drive by the Citadel

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Wofford drives on a weird one, ties it at 7. 8 minutes left in the half.

It's a slobber knocker, as expected.

aceinthehole
October 14th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Central Connecticut - 20
Wagner - 7

2Q 8:10

citdog
October 14th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Central Connecticut - 20
Wagner - 7

2Q 8:10

Nobody gives a **** about those two teams. What's the score in Charleston?

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Citadel inside the one with a minute left in the half.

Citadel is doing exactly what you would expect them to to win this game. Wofford's only had the ball three times in the first half

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Citadel is playing the half they need to win. Up 14-7 right before half. They are controlling time of possession and haven't turned the ball over. Wofford has held the ball only 3 possessions.

This is about what I expected, except the Citadel is doing better than I thought with their execution. Still a lot of football left.

ElCid
October 14th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Ok, I am ready to scream. Not at the score, but the feed. I am at my dad's house. He has no internet, so I am using my phone as a hot spot for my laptop. Every play freezes up. But that TD just came in loud and clear.

Dogs 14
Woff 7

Surprising, a little. We are playing much better than we were.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 06:27 PM
The good news for Wofford is that we've averaged almost 5 yards a play.

The bad news is that we've only had 17 plays.

This is the one of the best case scenarios if you're the Citadel, but it's not over yet.

Wofford has held the ball 3 times (excluding before half) and the Citadel has held it 4, scoring on 2 possessions. Wofford's only rushed the ball for 12 yards (which is amazing on the Citadel's part). I'm surprised on that stat point.

If you're the Citadel I'd be concerned about some regression to the mean in the second half. Obviously this is a bad, below average half for Wofford, and it's also been an above average half for the Bulldogs. The question for the second half is whether or not the Bulldogs can maintain it.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Correction: Citadel has not held Wofford to 12 yards rushing. We have 57 yards. Regardless, the Bulldogs are playing good offense/defense and actually playing option football

citdog
October 14th, 2017, 06:30 PM
The good news for Wofford is that we've averaged almost 5 yards a play.

The bad news is that we've only had 17 plays.

This is the one of the best case scenarios if you're the Citadel, but it's not over yet.

Wofford has held the ball 3 times (excluding before half) and the Citadel has held it 4, scoring on 2 possessions. Wofford's only rushed the ball for 12 yards (which is amazing on the Citadel's part). I'm surprised on that stat point.

If you're the Citadel I'd be concerned about some regression to the mean in the second half. Obviously this is a bad, below average half for Wofford, and it's also been an above average half for the Bulldogs. The question for the second half is whether or not the Bulldogs can maintain it.

Well, I don't like you saying things like that sir, I'll ask you to not do so going forward!

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Yeah and the Terriers have more yards than you have dollars in a salary. It's not saying much, but it says quite enough.

citdog
October 14th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Yeah and the Terriers have more yards than you have dollars in a salary. It's not saying much, but it says quite enough.

I'm a very unhappy person right now after that comment.

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 06:39 PM
And he makes more money than you do right now, so I think that turned out okay for him

citdog
October 14th, 2017, 06:45 PM
And he makes more money than you do right now, so I think that turned out okay for him

I had to borrow some money to buy Kotex for my pussy...

Reign of Terrier
October 14th, 2017, 06:50 PM
14-14 game in Charleston

citdog
October 14th, 2017, 06:55 PM
14-14 game in Charleston

The city that I left.

citdog
October 14th, 2017, 06:58 PM

Not everyone can fleece money from their mommies like I can.

OL FU
October 14th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Kevin shut up!

citdog
October 14th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Safety, I HURT MY PUSSY, 16-14 THE CITADEL.

OL FU
October 14th, 2017, 07:06 PM

I take back my offer to buy you drinks next time

citdog
October 14th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Kevin shut up!

Yeah....I'm a DICK....

OL FU
October 14th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Yeah....I'm a DICK....

Nothing wrong with being a dick . Just learn some class and shut up

dungeonjoe
October 14th, 2017, 08:29 PM

You need to get off the board for a while and cool down before you cross lines that we will all regret later.

The Cats
October 14th, 2017, 09:37 PM
now, back to the thread topic.......

Western won, 49-10 over the Bucs. The score looks bad, but the Bucs played much better than the final score looks. In the second half, everything just seemed to fall Western's way.

The payback for last season's loss was kinda nice too.....

World
October 15th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Ouch!

The Citadel loses 3rd straight game

Wofford - 20
The Citadel - 16

Reign of Terrier
October 15th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Ouch!

The Citadel loses 3rd straight game

Wofford - 20
The Citadel - 16

Yeah Cit Dog talked all this unwarranted, out of bounds **** but now is MIA

OL FU
October 16th, 2017, 08:24 PM
I am guessing that is beyond his control. Speaking of which in my personal experience control was not something citdog owned!

Reign of Terrier
October 16th, 2017, 08:33 PM
edited.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 16th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I don't really care for smack. FCS football is an obscure segment of football and if you're gonna talk aggressive smack like that from across the country over a game on the internet, you have your own problems.

I find it funny that he's MIA right now.

You don't need to be trying to rub salt in the wound if you don't believe in the smack right? Leave it alone. I took care of some crap and he is having difficulty getting around some roadblocks in his path due to his over the top reactions. I truned down the heat on an issue and I don't need you turning it up on it after my efforts. That kind of **** sort of gets to me.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 17th, 2017, 12:46 AM
I am a tool but ursus is cool.

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2017, 07:03 AM
You don't need to be trying to rub salt in the wound if you don't believe in the smack right? Leave it alone. I took care of some crap and he is having difficulty getting around some roadblocks in his path due to his over the top reactions. I truned down the heat on an issue and I don't need you turning it up on it after my efforts. That kind of **** sort of gets to me.
Sorry, I didn't know the full context. I thought my comments were lukewarm given the original comments/context but I will refrain in the future.

Thanks Ursus

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Sorry, I didn't know the full context. I thought my comments were lukewarm given the original comments/context but I will refrain in the future.

Thanks Ursus

I appreciate it. OL FU gave you a clue but I can see it being missed but some things are done subtly around here so if you notice a change there is probably something via pm's or other means that are working to tone things down a bit.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2017, 12:10 PM
I am a tool but ursus is cool.

I appreciate it. Dead on and succinct on that one Alf.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 17th, 2017, 02:04 PM
I appreciate it. Dead on and succinct on that one Alf.

Thank you for being my friend. It means the word to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk