PDA

View Full Version : Montana laying waste to the UNDies

Schism55
October 14th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Get 'em Griz!

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Get 'em Griz!

It's that new locker room. That is what is going to win them the BS.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Total yardage 430 to 99 right now. Griz up 34-3.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Montana threw three picks in the first half and are still pounding them

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Good

UND sucks!!

dewey
October 14th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Go Griz!

Dewey

jadmt
October 14th, 2017, 05:54 PM
I was at the game and UND looks really bad. If they would of had a decent qb we might have been in trouble.

F'N Hawks
October 14th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Really worth a thread. Check the injury report first before wasting people's time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Really worth a thread. Check the injury report first before wasting people's time.

Blah, blah, blah.....every team has injuries. Depth, UND doesn't have it.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Blah, blah, blah.....every team has injuries. Depth, UND doesn't have it.

You could say they are getting their UNDies in a wad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

geaux_sioux
October 14th, 2017, 06:18 PM
As they should. This proves nothing.

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2017, 06:19 PM
xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

jadmt
October 14th, 2017, 06:31 PM
I was at the game and und should have just forfeited from the start. the players looked up and saw the new athlete center and folded. I actually felt sorry for the QBs as they looked totally green and not just because of the uniforms.

jadmt
October 14th, 2017, 06:32 PM
It's that new locker room. That is what is going to win them the BS.

yes no doubt about it.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2017, 06:47 PM
I was at the game and und should have just forfeited from the start. the players looked up and saw the new athlete center and folded. I actually felt sorry for the QBs as they looked totally green and not just because of the uniforms.

I am not trying to pick and be a dick to UND, I got nothing against them at all and I know damn well they are a MASH unit right now but...damn they looked small on the lines which has been mentioned a few weeks back and I know that was supposed to be by design for quickness etc. but it really isn't working and their run game was just gone and as you mentiioned they looked very poor with the QB and receivers being able to get anything going today.

We are getting better but god damn they made us look fairly decent today. We are also coming out of the locker room not looking like an Anesthesiologist got ahole of them at the 1/2 which helps a whole lot. If Griz Jensen just get a little better at protecting that football then I think we will be leaps and bounds better as well. He had a hell of a game outside of the turnovers for certain.

geaux_sioux
October 14th, 2017, 06:50 PM
I am not trying to pick and be a dick to UND, I got nothing against them at all and I know damn well they are a MASH unit right now but...damn they looked small on the lines which has been mentioned a few weeks back and I know that was supposed to be by design for quickness etc. but it really isn't working and their run game was just gone and as you mentiioned they looked very poor with the QB and receivers being able to get anything going today.

We are getting better but god damn they made us look fairly decent today. We are also coming out of the locker room not looking like an Anesthesiologist got ahole of them at the 1/2 which helps a whole lot. If Griz Jensen just get a little better at protecting that football then I think we will be leaps and bounds better as well. He had a hell of a game outside of the turnovers for certain.
Right now my expectations are that it's a plus if we hold a team under 40. That's about it.

Catbooster
October 14th, 2017, 06:53 PM
The Grizzlies offense almost scored as many points as the UND defense has averaged giving up in conference play, and the Grizzly defense held them to less than their scoring average in conference (of course, their starting qb was out). Congratulations! xcoffeex

Edit: Oops - if you include the Northern Colorado win, the Griz held them well below their scoring average.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Right now my expectations are that it's a plus if we hold a team under 40. That's about it.

I get it man and I've felt that way a few times over the last few years. We are good for 40 against almost anyone in the BSC I think so you have plenty of company there but our strength so far this year is against the run and we just happened to match up well with that side and our strength on O being passing just wasn't good for UND but as I said man, UND is one of the most dinged up units and things are not good right now.

Better luck going forward boys, I know this season is a waste at this point but wishing you luck in doing some damage to end things this year anyway.xthumbsupx

jadmt
October 14th, 2017, 07:23 PM
I get it man and I've felt that way a few times over the last few years. We are good for 40 against almost anyone in the BSC I think so you have plenty of company there but our strength so far this year is against the run and we just happened to match up well with that side and our strength on O being passing just wasn't good for UND but as I said man, UND is one of the most dinged up units and things are not good right now.

Better luck going forward boys, I know this season is a waste at this point but wishing you luck in doing some damage to end things this year anyway.xthumbsupx

our season is not a waste. We will win out in Big Sky play and that puts us in good shape. heck you know we will get one home play off game because we have the stadium and the fans even the day after turkey day we can pack in twice as many people as most other teams.

Silenoz
October 14th, 2017, 07:28 PM
The Grizzlies offense almost scored as many points as the UND defense has averaged giving up in conference play, and the Grizzly defense held them to less than their scoring average in conference (of course, their starting qb was out). Congratulations! xcoffeex

Edit: Oops - if you include the Northern Colorado win, the Griz held them well below their scoring average.

Silly Cat fan, who was even praising us? I realize posts like that are a reflex, but settle man!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2017, 07:37 PM
our season is not a waste. We will win out in Big Sky play and that puts us in good shape. heck you know we will get one home play off game because we have the stadium and the fans even the day after turkey day we can pack in twice as many people as most other teams.

Ah, I must not have been clear with that, I didn't mean our season is a waste but I think UND's is at this point at they are way out of whack from what they and hell a lot of us expected for them this year. At this point I think we are fine. Hope it stays that way.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Silly Cat fan, who was even praising us? I realize posts like that are a reflex, but settle man!

I also didn't see us as being praised or acting like this was something great and I didn't get it either...and Cboost usually nails it.

MTfan4life
October 14th, 2017, 09:41 PM

That's an aggressive statement. At this exact point last season, the Griz were 5-2. Fans were talking about winning out and possibly getting a seed in the playoffs, but if not, a definite home game. The only difference was the remaining schedule last year was a little easier than it is this season.

Silenoz
October 14th, 2017, 10:01 PM
That's an aggressive statement. At this exact point last season, the Griz were 5-2. Fans were talking about winning out and possibly getting a seed in the playoffs, but if not, a definite home game. The only difference was the remaining schedule last year was a little easier than it is this season.

Yeah this new guy is a bit of a super homer

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2017, 10:02 PM

Griztownmocks to the rescue?

No_Skill
October 14th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Mizztowngriz has a nice ring to it.

veinup
October 14th, 2017, 10:05 PM
i like the optimism.

WeAreThePride
October 15th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Just think of how angry UN_'s gonna be this off season. I bet they lift weights like crazy with all this fuel.

Or, there might be so much fuel that a single spark causes them to burn up into ash.

WeAreThePride
October 15th, 2017, 01:29 AM
Can we just take a moment to appreciate that before the season, UN_ was supposed to be a peer to the likes of YSU, SDSU, and Eastern Washington? Beautiful.

jadmt
October 15th, 2017, 05:23 AM
We have one tough game left and it is not that tough.

perhaps but I like what I am seeing.

i like the optimism.
the Griz are doing the right things at the right time.

mvemjsunpx
October 15th, 2017, 07:05 AM

No. After the 5-1 start, the Griz had NAU & Eastern on the road back-to-back.

I guess a collapse could happen, but it seems much of last year's decline was chemistry related & I don't see that being a problem this time. I suppose Jensen could turn into a pumpkin or something.

The Griz have to win at least 1, maybe 2, of the following 3 games to get in the playoffs: @WEB, NAU, @MSU (I'm not worried about NoCo). NAU will be tough, but it's at home; Weber doesn't look nearly as daunting as it did 24 hours ago, and the Griz haven't lost in Bozeman since 2005. I'd put UM's chances at getting in above 50%… maybe not much above 50%, but still above 50%.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Just think of how angry UN_'s gonna be this off season. I bet they lift weights like crazy with all this fuel.

Or, there might be so much fuel that a single spark causes them to burn up into ash.

They will all have to lift in separate rooms because of the danger of spontaneous combustion.

kalm
October 15th, 2017, 08:31 AM
We have one tough game left and it is not that tough.

Your pass defense is still suspect and you have three tough games left.

Pickem @ Weber, slight home favorite against NAU, slight road favorite against MSU.

jadmt
October 15th, 2017, 08:43 AM

Pickem @ Weber, slight home favorite against NAU, slight road favorite against MSU.

I only see one tough game left and it is only tough because Bozo could improve a bit if they can stay healthy and anything can happen in that game. Weber is was overrated and last evening proved that. If NAU was in Flagstaff they would be tough but not at home. heck we will be far up the polls this week and every week further up the ladder. We are improving where we need to improve at the right time of the year....Go griz.

kalm
October 15th, 2017, 08:57 AM
I only see one tough game left and it is only tough because Bozo could improve a bit if they can stay healthy and anything can happen in that game. Weber is was overrated and last evening proved that. If NAU was in Flagstaff they would be tough but not at home. heck we will be far up the polls this week and every week further up the ladder. We are improving where we need to improve at the right time of the year....Go griz.

Well then, when can we deliver the trophy?

jadmt
October 15th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Well then, when can we deliver the trophy?

Hopefully we will meet in the playoffs. I think you only have one tough one left (next week) as well so unless you really choke, which has happened you should win the big sky.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2017, 09:09 AM

Yeah your rise has been meteoric since the opening polls.

kalm
October 15th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Hopefully we will meet in the playoffs. I think you only have one tough one left (next week) as well so unless you really choke, which has happened you should win the big sky.

Sorry, not ready to crown us yet. SUU and Weber will both be tough and PSU almost always plays well against us.

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2017, 10:43 AM

You guys have been winning Big Sky titles with a suspect defense for years.

kalm
October 15th, 2017, 11:01 AM
You guys have been winning Big Sky titles with a suspect defense for years.

No argument here and it still is. I just wouldn't chalk up NAU as a win yet with the way Cookus and Marks have been playing.

I'm not chalking any of ours yet.

Feel better?

MTfan4life
October 15th, 2017, 11:12 AM
No. After the 5-1 start, the Griz had NAU & Eastern on the road back-to-back.

No. I referenced the Griz being 5-2, so they had already lost to NAU. Last season at this point, the Griz were staring at what should have been 3 easy wins and one game against EWU. As we know, they screwed up two of those three games that shouldn't have been a problem. This season at this point, the Griz still have to go to Weber State, they host Northern Arizona, play a Montana State team that is miles above their record (losses to Wazzu, SDSU, EWU, and Weber), and play a Northern Colorado team that likes to put points on the board. I'd say this season's last four looks a little bit tougher than last season's last four when they were at that point.

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2017, 02:27 PM
No argument here and it still is. I just wouldn't chalk up NAU as a win yet with the way Cookus and Marks have been playing.

I'm not chalking any of ours yet.

Feel better?
Hangover is starting to subside, thanks for asking. I'm not mad and I don't think Weber, NAU or even the cats are a given at this point. But even with the shaky pass defense this I have a lot more faith in this team as whole than last year.xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2017, 02:34 PM

Bit salty are we? I guess being out of the playoffs two weeks before Halloween will do that to a fella, but really, you should be used to it by now.