PDA

View Full Version : UNH Offensive coord, to take Oregon O.C job

Old Cat Fan
February 7th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Local TV station WMUR is reporting that UNH's Chip Kelly will be taking the job as Oregon's new offensive cood. If this is true it will be a huge blow for the Cats. It will however be a great opportunity for Kelly

UNHWildCats
February 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM
It says great things for New Hampshire that a national FBS power is taking Kelly.

VT Wildcat Fan53
February 7th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Local TV station WMUR is reporting that UNH's Chip Kelly will be taking the job as Oregon's new offensive cood. If this is true it will be a huge blow for the Cats. It will however be a great opportunity for Kelly

Say it ain't so! Great for Chip -- well deserved! :hurray: But, a huge blow to UNH.

However, Coach Mac will recover and find a way to get it done, though. Some great assistants already in the system, too!:thumbsup:

mainejeff
February 7th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Say it ain't so! Great for Chip -- well deserved! :hurray: But, a huge blow to UNH.

However, Coach Mac will recover and find a way to get it done, though. Some great assistants already in the system, too!:thumbsup:

I didn't think that the exodus would start until after Santos graduated. Hurry up and build that new stadium Scarno!

February 8th, 2007, 03:54 AM
It says great things for New Hampshire that a national FBS power is taking Kelly.Oregon has a football team? They are an FBS power? xcoffeex

I know Chip and I wish him the best.

citdog
February 8th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Nice Ralph, nice!

WrenFGun
February 8th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Hard to say what I think about this. In general, our offense scheme have been terrific, and we've always gotten a lot out of our players. On the other hand, I can recall a handfull of games over the last two or three years that we lost because of terrible offensive playcalling.

UNH_BLUE
February 8th, 2007, 07:34 AM
I knew Chip Kelly and his family when I was a kid and I wish him the best in Oregon. Chip will be difficult to replace and I wonder how different the UNH offense will be next season. For example, might we see Santos under center a little more rather than always out of the shotgun?

AppGuy04
February 8th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I wish him luck, he'll be good as long as he doesn't have to wear that uni

UNHWildCats
February 8th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I knew Chip Kelly and his family when I was a kid and I wish him the best in Oregon. Chip will be difficult to replace and I wonder how different the UNH offense will be next season. For example, might we see Santos under center a little more rather than always out of the shotgun?

Either way I think we were gonna see more of that anyway, He needs more experience under center to build his draft stock.

TexasTerror
February 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Another article on this subject...

Oregon targets UNH's Kelly
By AL PIKE
Staff Sports Writer
[email protected]
Chip Kelley UNH football offensive coordinator

DURHAM — Over the years, Chip Kelly has had occasion to travel to the West Coast in his capacity as an assistant coach and recruiter for the University of New Hampshire football team. Now it looks like he'll be moving there permanently.

According The Oregonian newspaper of Portland, the Manchester native is expected to be named the next offensive coordinator at Oregon today. Kelly, who has spent 14 years at UNH, the last eight as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, would replace Gary Crowton, a one-time assistant at UNH under former head coach Bill Bowes who resigned last month to take a similar position at Louisiana State.

Oregon coach Mike Bellotti told The Oregonian in Thursday's edition that the Ducks were closing in on a candidate, although he didn't specify Kelly.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070209/FOSTERS02/102090218

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Either way I think we were gonna see more of that anyway, He needs more experience under center to build his draft stock.

I disagree, JMHO but Sean McDonnell will do what is best for the UNH Football program not Ricky Santos' "draft stock". The long term success of the program depends on wins rather than Ricky getting drafted by the NFL or drafted a round or two higher.

rcny46
February 9th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I disagree, JMHO but Sean McDonnell will do what is best for the UNH Football program not Ricky Santos' "draft stock". The long term success of the program depends on wins rather than Ricky getting drafted by the NFL or drafted a round or two higher.

I think Ricky Santos would be the first to say he is in agreement with you on that point.

Old Cat Fan
February 9th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Well it's official, best of luck to Chip Kelly, now I'll have good reason to become a Duck fan. :nod: I'll be willing to bet that his salary has probally just doubled :)

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=791568&DB_OEM_ID=500

February 9th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I'll be willing to bet that his salary has probally just doubledThe article sez he'll get $200K which is probably more than double his UNH dough. Have fun Chip! :thumbsup:

Old Cat Fan
February 9th, 2007, 11:47 PM
The article sez he'll get $200K which is probably more than double his UNH dough. Have fun Chip! :thumbsup:

Just reading some of the comments on Educks.com in the forum section and some guys are shocked that they are only paying him $200,000 dollars a year and wanted to know where the rest of the money is going :eek: Welcome to the big leagues, where bad play calling in a close game against USC will get you on the hotseat a lot faster than some questionable calls in a UMass game . Kelly> :argue: <Oregon press

Sam Adams
February 10th, 2007, 08:52 AM
An interesting roll of the dice by the ducks. Good luck to Chip. Kind of surprising since last year I was not generally impressed with the Wildcats playcalling or game plans. Give 'em hell Kelley!

UNH 1999
February 10th, 2007, 09:39 AM
where do ya'll think chips replacement will come from? inside UNH or outside of Durham? I'd think the 'Cats would have to get on searching for a replacement as soon as possible.

also, does anyone think this will have an impact on recent signings? just thinking how a kid who came to UNH b/c of Chip's offenses would react to the news...

Sam Adams
February 10th, 2007, 09:58 AM
If a kid wants to leave because Chip Kelley left then there's not much you can do about that.

WrenFGun
February 10th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I'm kind of excited, as I mentioned. Chip may have been a nice guy and all, but I was pretty disgusted with his play calling. Did a lot of things we did not have to. I'd welcome a bit more conservative, regimented approach.

rcny46
February 10th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I'm kind of excited, as I mentioned. Chip may have been a nice guy and all, but I was pretty disgusted with his play calling. Did a lot of things we did not have to. I'd welcome a bit more conservative, regimented approach.

I agree with you on that point 100%.

JALMOND
February 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Seems like the man Kelly is replacing at Oregon knew Kelly and Kelly came out to Eugene in March for a visit. He met the rest of the Ducks coaches then and swapped some plays. Bellotti, remembering this exchage, placed Kelly on a short list of coaches that Bellotti wanted, and thus Kelly is with the Ducks.

My take, if Kelly is able to duplicate at Oregon what he did at UNH, the Ducks will gain respectability in the Pac-10. Concern is not with Kelly's ability, but more so with Bellotti, who is known throughout the Pac-10 as having his coordinators on a short rein and very little patience.

UNH SUPERFAN
February 10th, 2007, 06:18 PM
If assistant coach Sean Devine gets the job I think you will see a more conservative approach, especailly in the red zone.

rcny46
February 10th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Seems like the man Kelly is replacing at Oregon knew Kelly and Kelly came out to Eugene in March for a visit. He met the rest of the Ducks coaches then and swapped some plays. Bellotti, remembering this exchage, placed Kelly on a short list of coaches that Bellotti wanted, and thus Kelly is with the Ducks.

My take, if Kelly is able to duplicate at Oregon what he did at UNH, the Ducks will gain respectability in the Pac-10. Concern is not with Kelly's ability, but more so with Bellotti, who is known throughout the Pac-10 as having his coordinators on a short rein and very little patience.

The OC that Chip Kelly replaced at Oregon was an OC at UNH under Bill Bowes,and Kelly was an assistant on the New Hampshire staff at that time.

rcny46
February 12th, 2007, 03:05 PM
The article sez he'll get $200K which is probably more than double his UNH dough. Have fun Chip! :thumbsup:

According to a local reporter who covers UNH sports,C.K.'s new salary is three times higher than what he was making in Durham.The reporter also said that there are two coaches currently on staff,Sean Devine (OL,11 yrs) and Tim Cramsey (RB's,4 yrs) who will be under consideration for the OC slot.One of the individuals from outside the program who got a mention is John Perry,a former UNH player and current Hofstra OC.

unhfan1
February 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Sean Devine is a real bright guy who relates very well with the players.
I would think he would be the favorite to replace Chip.

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 12th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Sean Devine is a real bright guy who relates very well with the players.
I would think he would be the favorite to replace Chip.

If they decide to hire from within I'd agree that Coach Devine would be the favorite.

CollegeSportsInfo
February 14th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Congrats to Mr. Kelly. Oregon is an excellent program that has finished second behind USC as recent as 2005, finishing 10-2. It's certainly a loss for UNH, but when you lose a coach to a program dedicated to winning at the highest level, it's a tip of the hat to your school. Congrats and best of luck to his replacement.