View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 7

RedFlash
October 12th, 2017, 08:54 PM
NEC Week 7

Central Connecticut at Wagner
St. Francis at Bryant
Dartmouth at Sacred Heart
Duquesne at Robert Morris

Reluctant to go with all 4 road teams this week and after StFU’s long bus ride last week, I worry that they will play to a similar level this week. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Gangtackle11
October 12th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Wagner
StFU
Dartmouth
Duquesne

bonarae
October 12th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Wagner
St. Francis
Dartmouth
Duquesne

The NEC rep to the playoffs may become another 2011 Lafayette in the making... xsighx

Original_RMC
October 13th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Dartmouth @ SHU - Dartmouth's defense is why they are 4-0 to start this season. The big Green is coming off their largest come from behind victory in school history by beating Yale during Homecoming (down 0-21 in the 2nd Q). The Big Green has an outstanding young WR in Hunter Hagdorn but I think it will be Dartmouth's OL with the rushing of Ryder Stone that will make it 5-0 and get them into the Top 25.
Dartmouth 28 - SHU 16

SFU @ Bryant - The Bulldogs hold a 6-3 lead in the series but the Red Flash have three of the last five meetings. This is a new Bulldogs team that plays very fast. Hell they even have a Hashtag for it; #PlayFAST
Bulldogs average about 87 offensive plays per game and had 103 plays vs. Brown. Lacrosse standout Tom Kennedy is putting up good numbers for this fast attacking offense. Another long road trip for SFU. Not sure if they took a flight to Bryant or the bus, left a day early? But this is a Bryant team getting better. And this is a SFU team that is going to get everyone's best game each week. SFU needs to have their D slow down Bryant's attack. SFU can go toe-to-toe with Bryant if they have to but look for SFU's DBs to jam Bryant WRs at the LOS to disrupt the timing and allow their front 7 to control the game. This will be a closer game than it should be.
SFU 38 - Bryant 34

Duquesne @ RMU - Hines is back but the its Tommy Stuart that is putting up big numbers for the Dukes this year. RMU is 2-3 but don't be too fouled by that record. They lost to YSU, NDSU and ETSU. This will be a tough game. There will be a big crowd (for JW stadium) Saturday night. RMU is still inconsistent on offense and that will hurt them on Saturday. It will be a very close game and RMU’s young OL will be challenged again. And I think the Stuart will be the difference in this game.
Dukes 16 - RMU 6

CCSU @ Wagner - Homecoming for Wagner on Saturday and here comes the Blue Devils! Depth Chart is showing Luke Massei at QB but not sure who is going to play. This game will come down to which team can stop the run. CCSU is averaging about 170 yards per game on the ground but gives up over 230 yards rushing on Def. But I think CCSU is ready to start their march to be a dark horse in the NEC this year but do I trust them? That Def is giving up big yards but they can use Nash to chew up the clock.
I think CCSU wins this game but still don't trust them.
CCSU 27 - Wagner 21

Go Green
October 13th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Dartmouth @ SHU - Dartmouth's defense is why they are 4-0 to start this season. The big Green is coming off their largest come from behind victory in school history by beating Yale during Homecoming (down 0-21 in the 2nd Q). The Big Green has an outstanding young WR in Hunter Hagdorn but I think it will be Dartmouth's OL with the rushing of Ryder Stone that will make it 5-0 and get them into the Top 25.
Dartmouth 28 - SHU 16

Hagdorn was injured against Yale, and I would not be surprised if he's held out on Saturday to give him extra rest for conference games. That being said, his backup did just fine in his absence.

I do worry about complacency. I think Dartmouth has more talent than SHU, but if we don't play like it, we will lose on Saturday.

Bluefish845
October 13th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Central Connecticut CCSU is trending in the right direction, Wagner's unsettled qb position has me worried for them.
St. Francis I'm very interested to see how many points Bryant's vaunted Offense puts up here
Sacred Heart totally homer pick here I think if SHU cuts back on the mental miscues and shores up the special teams they can pull out the W
Duquesne More weapons than RMU on both sides of the ball

RedFlash
October 13th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Didn't get a chance to post the lines for this week's game when I submitted the thread:

Central Connecticut (-1.5) at Wagner (o/u 46)
St. Francis (-9) at Bryant (o/u 58.5)
Dartmouth (-9) at Sacred Heart (o/u 47)
Duquesne (-10) at Robert Morris (o/u 39)

As for StFU's travel to Bryant, they did not fly. I heard that they were leaving at 4:30 a.m. today. I fear another bad first half tomorrow.

aceinthehole
October 13th, 2017, 09:59 PM
CCSU @ Wagner - Homecoming for Wagner on Saturday and here comes the Blue Devils! Depth Chart is showing Luke Massei at QB but not sure who is going to play. This game will come down to which team can stop the run. CCSU is averaging about 170 yards per game on the ground but gives up over 230 yards rushing on Def. But I think CCSU is ready to start their march to be a dark horse in the NEC this year but do I trust them? That Def is giving up big yards but they can use Nash to chew up the clock.
I think CCSU wins this game but still don't trust them.
CCSU 27 - Wagner 21

Totally agree. If CCSU wins and starts 2-0 in the NEC with wins vs SHU and Wagner, that's great sign of making a run at the league.

Both the Duke and RMU comes East this year. We have a tough trip to Loretto, but if we can go 3-0 (@ Bryant is next week) heading into the Bye, I will start to believe.

Like you said, right now I just don't trust them.