PDA

View Full Version : Wofford Football......

Terrier19
October 12th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Wanted to post how special it has been to be a part of the Wofford football family and how special these last 4 years and (the last 2 seasons in particular) have been. Last season making a good run in the playoffs ending in the quarterfinals, in a double OT loss at Youngstown, in a game that we had every opportunity to win. Then, bringing back most of that team this season, and to be sitting undefeated basically halfway through the season, is awesome. There is obviously plenty of football left, and many tough games remain, but this ride has been truly enjoyable as a fan, as a parent of a student athlete that plays for the team, and as just a fan of college football.

I do not know of many teams as equipped to handle pressure packed situations, and tough tight games as well as Wofford. This team has some intangibles that you cannot see on a roster report, or in the breakdown of teams. When the game is on the line, this team just makes the plays it takes to win, from a strip fumble, to late game interceptions, its a pleasure to watch. Nerve racking as can be, but awesome still.

Going back to last season, this team has won 11 of its last 12 games, (the lone loss over that span was a Double OT loss in the quarterfinals to Youngstown State) in a game we were in control of for most of the game. And many of the games over this span were of the close, grind it out fashion. 1 score or less, up or down, this team just does not blink during its toughest moments. And to me, being a fan, it's all we can ask for. I see a lot of fans from other programs throwing some shade in regards to how good this team is, and it is part of the deal with sports, that is going to be the case, but if you haven't seen this team directly, before you cast your lot against this group, take heed, this group does not like losing and has an aversion to it.

And above and beyond even that, I have a son who plays at Wofford. He is a Senior, and I am getting to enjoy his farewell to college football during this exciting time as a football program. I do not know how this story ends, but I do know how appreciative I am of the school and program and how amazing this ride has been. We are looking for a SoCon title, and a deep playoff run...but all of that comes down to each weeks battle, and this week is another battle with our rival Citadel. I am not taking anything for granted, every game means everything as we come down the stretch. As a parent I would say to my fellow parents of student athletes, enjoy it all. GO to as many games as possible, and get pictures and videos and don't blink, it ends so fast. Nothing has been as enjoyable in my life as to watch your kids reach their goals and dreams of playing sports, getting a degree, and competing at the highest level towards championships.

Good luck to everyone going forward, wish your teams good fortune and luck, and injury free seasons..

GO TERRIERS

MrLahey
October 12th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Wanted to post how special it has been to be a part of the Wofford football family and how special these last 4 years and (the last 2 seasons in particular) have been. Last season making a good run in the playoffs ending in the quarterfinals, in a double OT loss at Youngstown, in a game that we had every opportunity to win. Then, bringing back most of that team this season, and to be sitting undefeated basically halfway through the season, is awesome. There is obviously plenty of football left, and many tough games remain, but this ride has been truly enjoyable as a fan, as a parent of a student athlete that plays for the team, and as just a fan of college football.

I do not know of many teams as equipped to handle pressure packed situations, and tough tight games as well as Wofford. This team has some intangibles that you cannot see on a roster report, or in the breakdown of teams. When the game is on the line, this team just makes the plays it takes to win, from a strip fumble, to late game interceptions, its a pleasure to watch. Nerve racking as can be, but awesome still.

Going back to last season, this team has won 11 of its last 12 games, (the lone loss over that span was a Double OT loss in the quarterfinals to Youngstown State) in a game we were in control of for most of the game. And many of the games over this span were of the close, grind it out fashion. 1 score or less, up or down, this team just does not blink during its toughest moments. And to me, being a fan, it's all we can ask for. I see a lot of fans from other programs throwing some shade in regards to how good this team is, and it is part of the deal with sports, that is going to be the case, but if you haven't seen this team directly, before you cast your lot against this group, take heed, this group does not like losing and has an aversion to it.

And above and beyond even that, I have a son who plays at Wofford. He is a Senior, and I am getting to enjoy his farewell to college football during this exciting time as a football program. I do not know how this story ends, but I do know how appreciative I am of the school and program and how amazing this ride has been. We are looking for a SoCon title, and a deep playoff run...but all of that comes down to each weeks battle, and this week is another battle with our rival Citadel. I am not taking anything for granted, every game means everything as we come down the stretch. As a parent I would say to my fellow parents of student athletes, enjoy it all. GO to as many games as possible, and get pictures and videos and don't blink, it ends so fast. Nothing has been as enjoyable in my life as to watch your kids reach their goals and dreams of playing sports, getting a degree, and competing at the highest level towards championships.

Good luck to everyone going forward, wish your teams good fortune and luck, and injury free seasons..

GO TERRIERS

Special run without a doubt, but let's not get too gung-ho here Gardner Webb isn't exactly the 85' Bears. Your next 2 games will tell more of a story as to who this Wofford team is than the 5 current victories have.

dewey
October 12th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Great post! Enjoy the ride.

Dewey

Terrier19
October 12th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Great post! Enjoy the ride.

Dewey

Appreciate that. Thank you very much.

citdog
October 12th, 2017, 12:29 PM

GO TERRIERS

If your Son had a pair he'd be on the sidelines with REAL men this Sat instead of the side with the bowtie wearing, daddies bmw driving woffy douches.

ysubigred
October 12th, 2017, 12:35 PM

GO TERRIERS

Really enjoyed the game last year in the playoffs! Good luck this year. Don't listen to Cittydog,, folk around here says he plays with himself too much xnodx

citdog
October 12th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Really enjoyed the game last year in the playoffs! Good luck this year. Don't listen to Cittydog,, folk around here says he plays with himself too much xnodx

Three times a day isn't "too much". When Ursus was sending emails it used to be more.

Catamount87
October 12th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Go back to 2014-15 an 2015-16 seasons, it was starting to look like Ayers had lost his touch and the team was struggling to find their way. Folks starting wondering if it was times for Ayers to hang it up. Then last year it all seemed to turn around after that mid-season home loss to the coastal dogs.

Reign of Terrier
October 12th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Apparently, they made some changes. Among them: they stopped being differential to experienced players in the sense that in a lot of programs if you're a senior you'll have a headstart over a hot shot freshmen. For years, we redshirted freshmen most of the time. Starting last year, we played these players early and we've seen the results (McAfee, Blake Morgan, our DL etc etc)

Terrier19
October 12th, 2017, 12:50 PM

Appreciate it. That was a helluva game in the playoffs last year.....GReat game to watch.

Terrier19
October 12th, 2017, 12:51 PM
If your Son had a pair he'd be on the sidelines with REAL men this Sat instead of the side with the bowtie wearing, daddies bmw driving woffy douches.

lol. Fair enough.....but he will be on the field on Satuday just the same....I will be sure to relay the message....

citdog
October 12th, 2017, 12:53 PM
lol. Fair enough.....but he will be on the field on Satuday just the same....I will be sure to relay the message....

He knows that already.

Milktruck74
October 12th, 2017, 01:36 PM

But Wofford isn't playing Mercer this week, are they?

citdog
October 12th, 2017, 01:37 PM
But Wofford isn't playing Mercer this week, are they?

At least Woffy and Mercer have ACTUAL DI Head Coaches...

SUPharmacist
October 12th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Good to see you enjoying the ride. I would love to see an NDSU-Wofford rematch.

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Awesome post. Wofford is a unique and special place for those of us who attended. I can’t imagine how proud you must be of your son. I wish him ( and all our other student athletes and students in general) all the success in the world going forward.

citdog
October 12th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Awesome post. Wofford is a unique and special place for those of us who attended. I can’t imagine how proud you must be of your son. I wish him ( and all our other student athletes and students in general) all the success in the world going forward.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/0b/81/150b815baf20a6c2edbf54b2e53e7d09.jpg

citdog
October 12th, 2017, 06:47 PM

walliver
October 12th, 2017, 09:17 PM

But is he wearing blue jean?

I doubt he wants to wear a monkey suit.

I still remember the “monkey suit” episode from the early 90’s when Shawn Graves explained why he chose Wofford over the Citadel and then backed it up on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NorthChuckSouth
October 12th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Tell your son I don't like him.. he ended my college football career!

All jokes aside, it's special to go on runs like that and means even more when you have a personal connection to it. Enjoy it!

Go Bucs!

citdog
October 12th, 2017, 10:20 PM
But is he wearing blue jean?

I doubt he wants to wear a monkey suit.

I still remember the “monkey suit” episode from the early 90’s when Shawn Graves explained why he chose Wofford over the Citadel and then backed it up on the field.

Isn't Shawn Graves in prison for raping a 15 year old girl?

walliver
October 12th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Isn't Shawn Graves in prison for raping a 15 year old girl?

Whatever happened, the charges were dropped.

It still doesn’t erase a THE Citadel defeat.

woffordgrad94
October 12th, 2017, 11:48 PM
I tried to find a photo online of a monkey wearing a Citadel cadet uniform but I couldn’t find one. Oh well.

Terrier19
October 13th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Good to see you enjoying the ride. I would love to see an NDSU-Wofford rematch.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!.....The last one was a helluva game.

Terrier19
October 13th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Tell your son I don't like him.. he ended my college football career!

All jokes aside, it's special to go on runs like that and means even more when you have a personal connection to it. Enjoy it!

Go Bucs!

Ahhh man....I hate that. That was an old fashioned knock down drag out of a game....you guys were tough as hell......Respect!!!!!!

Terrier19
October 13th, 2017, 07:10 AM
https://www.facebook.com/ross.taylor.1232/videos/vb.1439754182/10205329420061888/?type=3&theater

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.facebook.com/ross.taylor.1232/videos/vb.1439754182/10205329397741330/?type=3&theater

For Citadel Week.....

Terrier19
October 13th, 2017, 07:18 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26294&stc=1

Terrier19
October 13th, 2017, 07:26 AM
https://www.facebook.com/ross.taylor.1232/videos/pcb.10210518271939942/10210518268099846/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/ross.taylor.1232/videos/pcb.10210518271939942/10210518269459880/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/ross.taylor.1232/videos/pcb.10210518271939942/10210518268259850/?type=3&theater

OL FU
October 13th, 2017, 10:32 AM

The citdog is just pissed that Mike Ayers isn't a The Real Man.xthumbsupx