PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-14

JALMOND
October 11th, 2017, 08:49 PM
5-1 last week, and not having faith in the conference when NAU went up against Illinois State was the only blemish on the slate. That put me at 38-14 for the year so far. A little bit better, but still would like to get a perfect weekend. Five games on the docket this weekend with Cal Poly, Northern Colorado and UC-Davis taking the week off. Here is my shot at perfection.

ISU at SAC---The Bengals took one on the chin last week and now hit the road against a well rested Hornet team that had last week off. Is this what is meant by the term "Griz Hangover"?...SAC 34, ISU 20.

MSU at EWU---Perhaps the game of the week in the conference. The Bobcats were never really challenged last week while the Eagles had grind out a tough road win. Now they are at home...EWU 31, MSU 24.

UND at UM---The Hawks shook off their injuries to get a home win last week, while the Grizzlies earned a tough road conference win. Have the Hawks turned a corner, or will the Grizzlies pile on more misfortune...UM 34, UND 21.

NAU at PSU---The Lumberjacks looked sharp against the Missouri Valley last week and now hit the road against a snake-bit Vikings team that still seems like they can't get out of their own way...NAU 38, PSU 21.

SUU at WSU---Exactly how good are the Thunderbirds? They seem to be up, then down, then back up again. But one thing for sure, the Wildcats are pretty good and they had an extra week to prepare...WSU 45, SUU 17.

mvemjsunpx
October 11th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Montana St. 28-38 EWU — The Bobcats match up reasonably well, but they've still lost 12 of the last 14 meetings

NAU 30-22 Portland St. — PSU is the Big Sky's version of that one team that plays everyone tough but always loses

Idaho St. 31-38 Sac State — Will we finally get a clue as to whether Sac is good or not?

Suutah 17-34 Weber — SUU may not be consistent, but Weber is

NoDak 27-45 Montana — UND showed some fight last week, but they'll have real trouble with UM's receivers

BYE 65-7 UC Polyrado — BYE loves kicking teams while they're down

I Bleed Purple
October 12th, 2017, 12:44 AM
Jalmond trusts Weber. I fear we may lose.

JALMOND
October 12th, 2017, 12:50 AM
NAU 30-22 Portland St. — PSU is the Big Sky's version of that one team that plays everyone tough but always loses

Gee, that score looks awfully familiar.:D

mvemjsunpx
October 12th, 2017, 01:23 AM
Gee, that score looks awfully familiar.:D

Two straight weeks PSU has had a chance to cut it to 8 on a late touchdown, so 8 points seems like a pretty good pick here as well. xthumbsupx

Iridebikes
October 12th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the work JALMOND.

Sac over ISU- SAC's at home, rested and a pretty well rounded team.
EWU over MSU- Don't think that MSU's offense is balanced enough to outscore EWU.
UM over UND- UND may be on the comeback trail but UM is pretty good team.
NAU- Haven't seen them play but last weeks win was good.
WSU over SUU- WSU is solid and well rounded.

bonarae
October 12th, 2017, 09:05 AM
EWU
Sac State
Griz
NAU
Weber State

wapiti
October 12th, 2017, 09:41 AM
ISU 31 at SAC 32--- Home field advantage wins this game.

MSU 24 at EWU 28--- MSU keeps EWU below their scoring average

UND 17 at UM 35--- I do not give UND much of a chance in Missoula.

NAU 21 at PSU 24--- PSU earns their first W of the season. NAU is brought back to earth after last weeks win over Ill State.

SUU 24 at WSU 38--- The BBQ pulls away in the fourth quarter. I wonder what BBQ'ed thunderbird taste like?

nevadagriz
October 12th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Isu @ sac I'll go with Isu this is the kind of game they need to win if Phen is truly changing the culture in Pokey
Msu@EWU Msu has a great defense up front however I think their db's get a workout in this one. Msu will try ball control, will keep score lower
Und@ UM Griz win a close one. This is not the UND team that played a few weeks ago, they are adjusting to injuries and putting things together.
nau @ psu Psu too good to go winless portland funky place to play. Taking Psu in close one.
Suu @ wsu Wildcats most consistent team in league Wsu by 10

geaux_sioux
October 12th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Griz
Weber
ISU
MSU
NAU

jadmt
October 12th, 2017, 04:51 PM
see if I can be perfect again like last week.
ISU
weber
NAU
MSU
and
Griz will score plenty UND not so much. Griz have won a couple so the crowd will be back in force.

bobcathpdevil56
October 13th, 2017, 08:47 AM
5-1 last week, and not having faith in the conference when NAU went up against Illinois State was the only blemish on the slate. That put me at 38-14 for the year so far. A little bit better, but still would like to get a perfect weekend. Five games on the docket this weekend with Cal Poly, Northern Colorado and UC-Davis taking the week off. Here is my shot at perfection.

ISU at SAC---The Bengals took one on the chin last week and now hit the road against a well rested Hornet team that had last week off. Is this what is meant by the term "Griz Hangover"?...SAC 34, ISU 20.

MSU at EWU---Perhaps the game of the week in the conference. The Bobcats were never really challenged last week while the Eagles had grind out a tough road win. Now they are at home...EWU 31, MSU 24.

UND at UM---The Hawks shook off their injuries to get a home win last week, while the Grizzlies earned a tough road conference win. Have the Hawks turned a corner, or will the Grizzlies pile on more misfortune...UM 34, UND 21.

NAU at PSU---The Lumberjacks looked sharp against the Missouri Valley last week and now hit the road against a snake-bit Vikings team that still seems like they can't get out of their own way...NAU 38, PSU 21.

SUU at WSU---Exactly how good are the Thunderbirds? They seem to be up, then down, then back up again. But one thing for sure, the Wildcats are pretty good and they had an extra week to prepare...WSU 45, SUU 17.

I think if the Bobcats can keep the game in the 20s-30s (points not temps) then they will have a great chance to win. If the Eagles can get the game into the 40s-50s then they will get the W, a shootout will not go the Cats way. I just hope our D-line can get pressure on Gubrud and bring him down for sacks. He is deadly when he escapes and makes throws down field.

Roamingriz
October 14th, 2017, 12:03 PM
ISU v Hornets
ISU is stronger all around this year. Sac appears to be as well, otherwise a toss up, I think the Hornets have the more balanced attack. However I'm guessing an apparently pissed off Phenicie leads a pissed off ISU to a close win. ISU 31 SAC 28

MSU v EWU
MSU might have the defense to make it a game. I might even call it 50-50 if it were in Bozeman, though that may still not be too far off. MSU will grind out some yards to put up some TD's. EWU should find it harder to come by ground yards against this defense but should still be pretty successful through the air. Unless Murray shoulders the team like he does in an amazing individual effort(which he may) and the D gets a couple timely stops, I don't see the upset here. Tough luck schedule. MSU 24 EWU 32

UND v UM
Still able to field a team despite injuries, UND is on a tough visit to Missoula. Apparently the griz have been a little bad at stopping the pass this year, 120th in the fcs, and against a more pass heavy team this would be more of an issue, though i am looking for this stat to improve(pretty much only up from here) Studsrud will try to spread it around and paired with Santiago and Olivera should get a couple. Maybe just a couple though. UND 22 UM 38

NAU v PSU
I am liking how NAU has pulled things together the past couple weeks after a few tough injuries. Cookus is humming along and is developing with his younger receivers. PSU looked pretty good against a couple of terrible FBS teams and looked average against the Montana teams. NAU may be the most complete team they've faced and things won't look good in the soccer stadium. NAU 42 PSU 19

SUU v WSU
Weber is looking pretty good in the Big Sky, leading in most defensive categories. SUU is a bit up and down but overall pretty good too. If they take their A game on the road they may have a chance, but I'm betting they run out of gas. The FCS battle for Utah is going Weber's way and id guess it won't be too close. SUU 14 WSU 34