Nicholls
4-2

Northern Arizona
RV
3-2

Western Carolina
RV
4-2

Others receiving votes: Monmouth (20), Northern Iowa (19), Montana (16), Tennessee State (15), Stony Brook (11), Prairie View A&M (11), N.C. Central (9), Saint Francis (9), Southern Utah (8), Delaware (7), Kennesaw State (5), Northwestern State (4), Dartmouth (3), Albany (2), Eastern Illinois (2), Yale (1).

Jacks02
October 9th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Some short memories by the coaches.

One week after YSU thumps SDSU they are ranked a spot lower in the poll because they lost on the road on a last second field goal to the new #4 ranked team while SDSU beat an unranked team at home.

nevadagriz
October 9th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Thought Montana might crack top 25 this week. Can't believe MSU is not in ORV. Cats could beat every team on the ORV list.

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Wait so after getting thumped by a previously unranked NAU, Illinois State moves up a spot?

WileECoyote06
October 9th, 2017, 11:49 AM
How did we go from not receiving any votes last week to getting nine this week?

Also, they got Weber and Illinois State's Last Week ranking mixed up.

Who the heck increased Prairie View's vote total? They were down 31-7 at half-time during the State Fair Classic . xeyebrowx

mmiller_34
October 9th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Wait so after getting thumped by a previously unranked NAU, Illinois State moves up a spot?

Intelligence at its finest.

JSUSoutherner
October 9th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Honestly surprised USD didn't jump us.

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Illinois St up a spot for getting dumptrucked at Northern Arizona? WTF is going on here?

EDIT: It looks like they mixed up Illinois St's and Weber St's last rankings. Looking at last week's Coach's poll (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?196752-FCS-Coaches-Poll-Oct-2nd-2017) it shows Illinois St at #7 and Weber St at #15.

There's still a metric **** ton of stuff wrong with this poll.

mmiller_34
October 9th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Weber dropped 9 spots after having a BYE.

GoBlueHens83
October 9th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Weber dropped 9 spots after having a BYE.

They looked terrible against the bye. You didn't see?

WestCoastAggie
October 9th, 2017, 12:23 PM
How did we go from not receiving any votes last week to getting nine this week?

Also, they got Weber and Illinois State's Last Week ranking mixed up.

Who the heck increased Prairie View's vote total? They were down 31-7 at half-time during the State Fair Classic . xeyebrowx

Maybe voters meant to vote for Alcorn State or UCA. So many teams wear purple now-a-days.

Professor
October 9th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Loving our position. Go Aggies

dustinthorn93
October 9th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I just don't understand WIU behind Illinois State. They have the same record and Illinois State just got run over by NAU by 21, whereas WIU beat NAU by 18. They both played in the dome as well. I don't understand that one.

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Loving our position. Go Aggies

Just out of curiosity, and this isn’t just for you but all A&T guys, why do you guys care about how high you’re ranked when you are so enamored with the Celebration Bowl? Is it just in case you manage to drop a conference game you’ll have a good argument for the playoffs then or more of a pride thing? I would love to see you guys in the playoffs this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
October 9th, 2017, 01:10 PM
I just don't understand WIU behind Illinois State. They have the same record and Illinois State just got run over by NAU by 21, whereas WIU beat NAU by 18. They both played in the dome as well. I don't understand that one.

Well clearly it is more impressive to lose by 3 scores at Northern Arizona than it is to win at UNI by 2 scores.

Dripping sarcasm of course.

I don't understand that one either.

Dewey

BisonTru
October 9th, 2017, 01:25 PM
They looked terrible against the bye. You didn't see?

It's like they didn't even show up.

WileECoyote06
October 9th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, and this isn’t just for you but all A&T guys, why do you guys care about how high you’re ranked when you are so enamored with the Celebration Bowl? Is it just in case you manage to drop a conference game you’ll have a good argument for the playoffs then or more of a pride thing? I would love to see you guys in the playoffs this year.

Call it making the best of the situation presented. Many Aggies and Eagles were totally against the Celebration Bowl; and ironically our presidents were among the few who voted against it. Both NC schools have been the representatives in the Celebration Bowl, and although I'm not convinced it is the best thing for our schools competitively, it was a great experience. This season, the MEAC has done better in OOC FCS games than we normally do, so maybe the Celebration Bowl money is helping build programs.

Also, rankings help with recruiting. A&T has everything they need to be a regional FCS power: facilities, coaching, fanbase, tradition, reputation, media, and a city that loves them. Top recruits are the icing on the cake. I expect them to be a mainstay in the polls for the foreseeable future.

And yeah I know you weren't talking to me. xlolx

WestCoastAggie
October 9th, 2017, 01:32 PM

Well, it's our conference's Bowl game, which we are contractually obligated to play if we win the conference. We aren't going walk away from over $500,000. However, yes, the polls are an excellent way to see our playoff chances if we slip up in conference play.

Our coaches and AD's have a much better understanding of how things work. The game against Richmond was an eye-opening experience and if we are fortunate to have earn an invitation to the Celebration Bowl or a FCS Playoff Game, we will be ready to play.

Each one has its own positives and negatives.

But our main goal is to get closer to a "perfect game" this week against FAMU. We'll have to do that if we are to beat NCCU, the SWAC Champ or FCS playoff opponent.

BadlandsGrizFan
October 9th, 2017, 01:37 PM
As a Montana fan I am sick and tired of not being overrated in the damn polls!!!!

Professor
October 9th, 2017, 01:38 PM

Several things

1. Security Blanket just in case we don't win the MEAC

2. Rankings help with recruiting. We are in heavy competition for players with low level FBS and other FCS schools. Rankings are just another edge in the cap

3. Pride. Who doesn't want to beat their chest and say we are ranked XYZ.

4. Celebration Bowl is a GREAT platform. We went in 15 and have had record enrollment in 16 and 17 Freshman classes. As well as helping building a regional brand. Playoffs just don't provide that

wcugrad95
October 9th, 2017, 01:53 PM
While I am happy that Western Carolina cracks into the top-25, seems odd that we do that after losing a game and we still sit behind Citadel (who probably shouldn't be in at all) and 7 spots behind a Samford team that we beat a few weeks ago. Was their relatively pedestrian win against a struggling VMI team that much more impressive than our loss in OT on the road to the #5 team in the land?

GoCats1985
October 9th, 2017, 02:53 PM
While I am happy that Western Carolina cracks into the top-25, seems odd that we do that after losing a game and we still sit behind Citadel (who probably shouldn't be in at all) and 7 spots behind a Samford team that we beat a few weeks ago. Was their relatively pedestrian win against a struggling VMI team that much more impressive than our loss in OT on the road to the #5 team in the land?

Being that we had two good seasons back to back followed by a dumpster fire last year, I'm not really surprised. It looked like a fluke from the longer history of ho hum football to beat Samford. We need to keep our foot on the gas and keep getting the SoCon Ws. I'm okay with not getting the love if we can finally get back to the playoffs.

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Call it making the best of the situation presented. Many Aggies and Eagles were totally against the Celebration Bowl; and ironically our presidents were among the few who voted against it. Both NC schools have been the representatives in the Celebration Bowl, and although I'm not convinced it is the best thing for our schools competitively, it was a great experience. This season, the MEAC has done better in OOC FCS games than we normally do, so maybe the Celebration Bowl money is helping build programs.

Also, rankings help with recruiting. A&T has everything they need to be a regional FCS power: facilities, coaching, fanbase, tradition, reputation, media, and a city that loves them. Top recruits are the icing on the cake. I expect them to be a mainstay in the polls for the foreseeable future.

And yeah I know you weren't talking to me. xlolx

Well, it's our conference's Bowl game, which we are contractually obligated to play if we win the conference. We aren't going walk away from over $500,000. However, yes, the polls are an excellent way to see our playoff chances if we slip up in conference play.

Our coaches and AD's have a much better understanding of how things work. The game against Richmond was an eye-opening experience and if we are fortunate to have earn an invitation to the Celebration Bowl or a FCS Playoff Game, we will be ready to play.

Each one has its own positives and negatives.

But our main goal is to get closer to a "perfect game" this week against FAMU. We'll have to do that if we are to beat NCCU, the SWAC Champ or FCS playoff opponent.

Several things

2. Rankings help with recruiting. We are in heavy competition for players with low level FBS and other FCS schools. Rankings are just another edge in the cap

4. Celebration Bowl is a GREAT platform. We went in 15 and have had record enrollment in 16 and 17 Freshman classes. As well as helping building a regional brand. Playoffs just don't provide that

Sounds to me like you want the best of both worlds even though your conference decided that one isn’t worthy of their participation (even if you don’t like it). I have them ranked highly, but it is a little irritating to see the constant campaigning by the group that says “Celebration Bowl is amazing and money and and and we don’t need playoffs” complain about not getting ranked highly enough.

Professor
October 9th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Sounds to me like you want the best of both worlds even though your conference decided that one isn’t worthy of their participation (even if you don’t like it). I have them ranked highly, but it is a little irritating to see the constant campaigning by the group that says “Celebration Bowl is amazing and money and and and we don’t need playoffs” complain about not getting ranked highly enough.

Who's complaining lol ? Celebration Bowl had 2.7 million views, FCS title game had 1.6 million. One had ESPN Gameday there and on ABC. The other is on ESPN2. One has a 500K payout, while the other you have to pay to host.

Nothing wrong having the best of both worlds , especially when your reaping said rewards

WileECoyote06
October 9th, 2017, 03:13 PM

I haven't noticed them complain about not getting ranked highly enough. I have noticed them defend why they deserve the ranking they've achieved. I think it's fair to put a ceiling on the MEAC champion/top ranked team, and they don't have a good reason to be included in the Top Ten so far. Top fifteen, well there's always the transitive property.

GoBlueHens83
October 9th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I rank SWAC & MEAC teams where I think they belong, I don't care if they play a bowl game or enter the playoffs. Doesn't make sense to me to penalize them for not sending their champions to the playoffs, and rank them lower. Considering the money & exposure they get for The Celebration Bowl, I think it's a great thing for them.

Schism55
October 9th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Who's complaining lol ? Celebration Bowl had 2.7 million views, FCS title game had 1.6 million. One had ESPN Gameday there and on ABC. The other is on ESPN2. One has a 500K payout, while the other you have to pay to host.

Nothing wrong having the best of both worlds , especially when your reaping said rewards
Congrats on winning the bronze medal at the special olympics xeyebrowx

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2017, 03:25 PM

Well the reason for the number of views is the network, plain and simple. I have no problem with what they are doing with the Celebration Bowl, but don’t get defensive when people treat your team differently in the rankings because you choose to not participate in what makes the subdivision what it is. It happens to the Ivy schools all the time.

wcugrad95
October 9th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Just like slotting or only voting for "your" conference, not voting for or docking a team because they don't play in the playoffs doesn't make sense. I know it is very subjective to give teams credit for "good losses" or for "conference power" particularly when most of that reasoning is based on reputation and previous success. It is also human nature to include the "eye test" and project how good a team is going to be by the end of the season. But it would be great if we didn't have ANY polls at ANY level until after about week #4, and it would also be great to rank the teams strictly on their current season's body of work and how good they are right now at this minute (not how good they will be after 3 more games). Just my opinion, and not easy to do, but if people really would try and be as objective as possible we would probably see drastically different polls at all levels. AGS is way better than most, but even looking at all the official pollsters making some statements and seeing some very differing opinions on teams outside of the top-10, it just drives home the fact that none of this matters until about week 10.

WestCoastAggie
October 9th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Well the reason for the number of views is the network, plain and simple. I have no problem with what they are doing with the Celebration Bowl, but don’t get defensive when people treat your team differently in the rankings because you choose to not participate in what makes the subdivision what it is. It happens to the Ivy schools all the time.

I understand. This also goes both ways; folks also can't get mad when teams from "non-playoff" conferences show up in the polls, higher than they feel they "should be."

- - - Updated - - -

Just like slotting or only voting for "your" conference, not voting for or docking a team because they don't play in the playoffs doesn't make sense. I know it is very subjective to give teams credit for "good losses" or for "conference power" particularly when most of that reasoning is based on reputation and previous success. It is also human nature to include the "eye test" and project how good a team is going to be by the end of the season. But it would be great if we didn't have ANY polls at ANY level until after about week #4, and it would also be great to rank the teams strictly on their current season's body of work and how good they are right now at this minute (not how good they will be after 3 more games). Just my opinion, and not easy to do, but if people really would try and be as objective as possible we would probably see drastically different polls at all levels. AGS is way better than most, but even looking at all the official pollsters making some statements and seeing some very differing opinions on teams outside of the top-10, it just drives home the fact that none of this matters until about week 10.

Agreed.

ElCid
October 9th, 2017, 04:01 PM

Don't complain or criticize....get the required number of posts and enroll next year as a voter. Really! .......we need more SOCON representation. Not from a fan perspective, but from an exposure perspective. Half the voters may never even see a SOCON game all year and just look at bottom line results. Not wrong, but hard to gage a
Teams you never see. It is easier now with ESPN so it is getting better. Plus I am pretty sure that most voters are fair. It is more a problem of a lack of familiarity.

Professor
October 9th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Congrats on winning the bronze medal at the special olympics xeyebrowx

If you want to keep paying the NCAA to host playoff games and then give them all the profit so you can be streamed on ESPN3, hey more power to you

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2017, 04:23 PM
If you want to keep paying the NCAA to host playoff games and then give them all the profit so you can be streamed on ESPN3, hey more power to you

NDSU makes money in the playoffs.

cx500d
October 9th, 2017, 05:02 PM

Has NCA&T been televised on anything all season yet?

citdog
October 9th, 2017, 06:34 PM

If you want to continue to segregate yourselves go ahead.... It ain't like MEAC football is GOOD football anyway...

Cocky1
October 9th, 2017, 06:57 PM
This Gamecock fan is underwhelmed by our on field performance so far this year. We need to run the table (again) in conference play before we deserve a high ranking in the polls.
Honestly surprised USD didn't jump us.

JSUSoutherner
October 9th, 2017, 07:01 PM
This Gamecock fan is underwhelmed by our on field performance so far this year. We need to run the table (again) in conference play before we deserve a high ranking in the polls.

I think we're improving. We aren't quite there yet. But we're extremely close.

The defense has been playing lights out. Most of their points and yards allowed are in garbage time with the third stringers in.

If the offense can cut the turnovers out... woof. Look out. Our best football is yet to come.

Go Green
October 9th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Wonder how many games Dartmouth will have to win before we get ranked...

cx500d
October 9th, 2017, 07:18 PM

When you start competing for the FC part of FCS...

ElCid
October 9th, 2017, 07:19 PM

14. Oh wait a minute.

citdog
October 9th, 2017, 07:31 PM

When do you play ANYONE?

Redbird 4th & short
October 9th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Some short memories by the coaches.

One week after YSU thumps SDSU they are ranked a spot lower in the poll because they lost on the road on a last second field goal to the new #4 ranked team while SDSU beat an unranked team at home.
Coaches Polled are lazy and clueless .. they see 4-1 vs 3-2. They have no idea YSU has 7 pt loss to FBS Pitt and SDSU did not play an FBS this year. Nor that YSU already beat SDSU. So per Massy, YSU has played 6th ranked SOS and SDSU has played 22nd ranked SOS .. but 4-1 and 3-2 is all Coaches Polls see or care to look at.

Same reason NC A&T is ranked 11th .. Massey and Sagarin have them 21 and 23 for barely beating 2 best teams on their 102nd ranked FCS schedule .... the worst FBS team Charlotte by just 4 (Massey would rank 57th if in FCS) and then SC State ranked #82 by just 14. Those are 2 weak wins against average and way below average teams. Coaches polled only see 6-0.

STATS is not any better. AGS is one of the better subjective polls. Need to adopt a strength of schedule, and put it right next to the subjective polls. So when we see a 7-4 team who played the 4th toughest SOS and a 7-4 team who's played the 40th ranked SOS ... well, it becomes kind of obvious.

jadmt
October 9th, 2017, 09:07 PM
As a Montana fan I am sick and tired of not being overrated in the damn polls!!!!
give it 3 more weeks and we will knocking on the top 10 door.

jadmt
October 9th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Thought Montana might crack top 25 this week. Can't believe MSU is not in ORV. Cats could beat every team on the ORV list.
three more weeks and the Griz will be way up the ladder.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 9th, 2017, 10:09 PM

When you make a Swede Oberlander jersey available for purchase.

Go Green
October 10th, 2017, 05:15 AM
When do you play ANYONE?

Ask Holy Cross if they think that Dartmouth should be ranked higher than New Hampshire.

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Has NCA&T been televised on anything all season yet?

10/21 at home versus Bethune-Cookman will be on ESPNU/ESPN3.

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Coaches Polled are lazy and clueless .. they see 4-1 vs 3-2. They have no idea YSU has 7 pt loss to FBS Pitt and SDSU did not play an FBS this year. Nor that YSU already beat SDSU. So per Massy, YSU has played 6th ranked SOS and SDSU has played 22nd ranked SOS .. but 4-1 and 3-2 is all Coaches Polls see or care to look at.

Same reason NC A&T is ranked 11th .. Massey and Sagarin have them 21 and 23 for barely beating 2 best teams on their 102nd ranked FCS schedule .... the worst FBS team Charlotte by just 4 (Massey would rank 57th if in FCS) and then SC State ranked #82 by just 14. Those are 2 weak wins against average and way below average teams. Coaches polled only see 6-0.

STATS is not any better. AGS is one of the better subjective polls. Need to adopt a strength of schedule, and put it right next to the subjective polls. So when we see a 7-4 team who played the 4th toughest SOS and a 7-4 team who's played the 40th ranked SOS ... well, it becomes kind of obvious.

The hate for A&T is getting to be a bit much. We gotta have you down for Homecoming one of these days. We'll convert you yet.

BTW: We went up 28-10 on Charlotte late in the 3rd qtr. SC State has one of the best defenses, stats-wise, in FCS. However, we threw up almost 500 yards in offense against them on the road.

But whatever...

CockyGeek
October 10th, 2017, 06:32 AM
How many coaches actually vote? Those guys are working on preparing for the next game. This task is given to Intern Scott.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 06:59 AM
The hate for A&T is getting to be a bit much. We gotta have you down for Homecoming one of these days. We'll convert you yet.

BTW: We went up 28-10 on Charlotte late in the 3rd qtr. SC State has one of the best defenses, stats-wise, in FCS. However, we threw up almost 500 yards in offense against them on the road.

But whatever...
I'd say most of it is due to this being the same song and dance we heard last year about A&T. "Bona fide top 15" (and some even claimed top 10 IIRC) because they beat a bad FBS team in Kent St and rolled through the MEAC until they got to NCCU. Then they go and get dumptrucked by a pretty mediocre and banged up Richmond team after getting an at-large playoff bid that many, myself included, were skeptical they deserved. Even a top 20 team shouldn't look that hapless.

So I'd say get used to the criticism of A&T's rank because it's likely to be even louder this year given their playoff collapse last year. Personally, I can't justify them any higher than about #18 to myself so #11-#12 seems very generous.

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 07:03 AM
I'd say most of it is due to this being the same song and dance we heard last year about A&T. "Bona fide top 15" (and some even claimed top 10 IIRC) because they beat a bad FCS team in Kent St and rolled through the MEAC until they got to NCCU. Then they go and get dumptrucked by a pretty mediocre and banged up Richmond team after getting an at-large playoff bid that many, myself included, were skeptical they deserved.

So I'd say get used to the criticism of A&T's rank because it's likely to be even louder this given their playoff collapse last year. Personally, I can't justify them any higher than about #18 to myself so #11-#12 seems very generous.

Injuries played a MAJOR role last year. This year, not so much, especially with the FBS transfers.

But meh...

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Injuries played a MAJOR role last year. This year, not so much, especially with the FBS transfers.

But meh...
Pretty sure Richmond had just as many if not more injuries by the time you guys met in the playoffs. I believe, amongst other things, they were on their 3rd string QB by then.

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Pretty sure Richmond had just as many if not more injuries by the time you guys met in the playoffs. I believe, amongst other things, they were on their 3rd string QB by then.

Possibly. However, Richmond had a clear blueprint from NCCU on how to beat us.

So I am fully aware of why the criticism is present.

We just need to keep on and convincingly beat FAMU and everyone else on the schedule. We got a kid or 2 that can be in the running for FCS player of the year.

Go Green
October 10th, 2017, 07:16 AM
How many coaches actually vote? Those guys are working on preparing for the next game. This task is given to Intern Scott.

Bingo.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/893026/Majerus-loses-coaches-poll-vote.html

Professor
October 10th, 2017, 08:14 AM
If you want to continue to segregate yourselves go ahead.... It ain't like MEAC football is GOOD football anyway...

I mean with your love for the confederate states of America, I thought you would be all for segregation

KPSUL
October 10th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Ask Holy Cross if they think that Dartmouth should be ranked higher than New Hampshire.

Great start, and 3 very good wins: HC, Penn, and Yale. But one reason voters might be skeptical to pull the lever this early for Dartmouth is the 1-6 Conference record you put up last year, losing to some pretty bad teams in the process. And also the "I'll never vote for an Ivy" swagger professed by a few voters, and likely a good number of the silent majority as well.

Professor
October 10th, 2017, 08:19 AM

They brought a kid off a redshirt who had a disciplinary issue to come in. Kevin Johnson wasn't their 3rd string. He was demoted after he got in trouble. Their Starter got hurt and their backup was ineffective. A&T lost their starter and 2nd string to injuries. Same kid we lost will be player of the year in the MEAC and is on the Payton list, but ehh we underachieved in some eyes

He also led Richmond to beat UND. But i guess it was just us who underachieved.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 09:00 AM
They brought a kid off a redshirt who had a disciplinary issue to come in. Kevin Johnson wasn't their 3rd string. He was demoted after he got in trouble. Their Starter got hurt and their backup was ineffective. A&T lost their starter and 2nd string to injuries. Same kid we lost will be player of the year in the MEAC and is on the Payton list, but ehh we underachieved in some eyes

He also led Richmond to beat UND. But i guess it was just us who underachieved.
That's the rub. You call it underachieved... others call it exposed. Due to the cupcake nature of the MEAC neither side can really be proven right at this point. That's why it's tough to rank A&T again this year and why there can be plausible opinions of them that are all over the spectrum.

kalm
October 10th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Several things

Why not? EWU's enrollment has skyrocketed since the Chipper and playoff runs. It's the fastest growing school in the state of Washington.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Why not? EWU's enrollment has skyrocketed since the Chipper and playoff runs. It's the fastest growing school in the state of Washington.
You must be able to make a playoff run first for that to happen. EWU can do that. No MEAC team has done that since FAMU in 1999.

IOW the degree of difficulty in making the Celebration Bowl is much lower than it is to make a run in the FCS playoffs. Not hating on it but that's a fact.

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 09:59 AM
What if A&T lands in the playoffs without any major injuries? Which team should they play?

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 10:01 AM
What if A&T lands in the playoffs without any major injuries? Which team should they play?
Don't care... just start with winning a playoff game. It would break a nearly 20 game playoff losing streak for the conference no?

Professor
October 10th, 2017, 10:17 AM
You must be able to make a playoff run first for that to happen. EWU can do that. No MEAC team has done that since FAMU in 1999.

IOW the degree of difficulty in making the Celebration Bowl is much lower than it is to make a run in the FCS playoffs. Not hating on it but that's a fact.

But the Celebration Bowl generates more revenue for the schools involved and is more of a national stage. I will agree that as a conference , the MEAC and SWAC aren't as good as the top FCS leagues but we have good teams that can compete with anyone.

Prime example , NDSU called Mississippi Valley for a game. You didn't call our best. And that's what most schools do. And that's why its this your conference is inferior stereotype. I'm pretty sure we have earned GW respect , just like we did when we beat App and other FCS schools or played well

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 10:33 AM
But the Celebration Bowl generates more revenue for the schools involved and is more of a national stage. I will agree that as a conference , the MEAC and SWAC aren't as good as the top FCS leagues but we have good teams that can compete with anyone.

Prime example , NDSU called Mississippi Valley for a game. You didn't call our best. And that's what most schools do. And that's why its this your conference is inferior stereotype. I'm pretty sure we have earned GW respect , just like we did when we beat App and other FCS schools or played well
Good on you guys for the revenue generation. I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying that it's easier to qualify for the Celebration Bowl than it is to make a deep run in the playoffs.

IMO your conference has an inferior stereotype mainly because you've lost 19 straight playoffs games. I'd guarantee that NDSU has called MEAC schools trying to schedule games. They've scheduled MEAC teams before in Morgan St and Delaware St. Very few teams are willing to come up to Fargo for a guarantee game. I'd love it if NC A&T would get on NDSU's schedule. If revenue generated is your primary concern we don't pay much less than Charlotte does I bet (although travel is more expensive).

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Good on you guys for the revenue generation. I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying that it's easier to qualify for the Celebration Bowl than it is to make a deep run in the playoffs.

IMO your conference has an inferior stereotype mainly because you've lost 19 straight playoffs games. I'd guarantee that NDSU has called MEAC schools trying to schedule games. They've scheduled MEAC teams before in Morgan St and Delaware St. Very few teams are willing to come up to Fargo for a guarantee game. I'd love it if NC A&T would get on NDSU's schedule. If revenue generated is your primary concern we don't pay much less than Charlotte does I bet (although travel is more expensive).

Why not a Home & Home, with you all coming to Greensboro first?

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2017, 11:03 AM
It's pretty unlikely. First rule of scheduling for NDSU is to get 6 home games which means only one OOC road game per year (or two if they can/want to play 12 games in years it is allowed). NDSU can't really get much for FBS games anymore so that does leave some wiggle room for FCS home/home agreements but since joining the MVFC the only FCS teams NDSU has agreed to home/homes with is Montana, Eastern Washington, Weber St, and Delaware. So I wouldn't say NDSU is above scheduling NC A&T as a home/home but things would need to align pretty well for it to happen. Much more likely that it would be a guarantee game in Fargo IMO (although not sure that is very likely either).

citdog
October 10th, 2017, 11:11 AM

The MEAC 2nd place is NEVER a REAL playoff team. Your league is an embarrassment.

centennial
October 10th, 2017, 11:22 AM

Ask your school of they would play NDSU. The simple answer is no one wants to get blown out. And both SWAC and MEAC are D2 level leagues. Outside of tradition, why would NDSU do home and home with teams that lower NDSU's SOS? NCAT would be 7th in the valley, and Gambling would be 9th. Everyone else would struggle to beat Missouri State.

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 01:16 PM
It's pretty unlikely. First rule of scheduling for NDSU is to get 6 home games which means only one OOC road game per year (or two if they can/want to play 12 games in years it is allowed). NDSU can't really get much for FBS games anymore so that does leave some wiggle room for FCS home/home agreements but since joining the MVFC the only FCS teams NDSU has agreed to home/homes with is Montana, Eastern Washington, Weber St, and Delaware. So I wouldn't say NDSU is above scheduling NC A&T as a home/home but things would need to align pretty well for it to happen. Much more likely that it would be a guarantee game in Fargo IMO (although not sure that is very likely either).

We usually like playing 5-6 home games a year. We'll play FBS or money games, but we've been trying to stay within our region for these games. Next year, we have ECU and then Duke in 2019, followed by Liberty. As far as FCS goes, we've been staying regional too. We got GWebb again, Elon, Campbell, and played Coastal Carolina (when they were FCS).

Personally, I think a h/h or a 1-time visit could be possible, but your school would have to be willing to spend at least what Kent State or Tulsa spent (300,000+). Most likely, a H/H could be scheduled in 2019/20.

Professor
October 10th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Ask your school of they would play NDSU. The simple answer is no one wants to get blown out. And both SWAC and MEAC are D2 level leagues. Outside of tradition, why would NDSU do home and home with teams that lower NDSU's SOS? NCAT would be 7th in the valley, and Gambling would be 9th. Everyone else would struggle to beat Missouri State.

NDSU regularly plays MEAC and SWAC teams. If they are so inferior why waste their time

MVSU 2017, 2007 , 2006
Delaware State 2013
PVA&M 2012
Morgan State 2010

Professor
October 10th, 2017, 01:22 PM

Exactly. Makes no sense to go to North Dakota for 300K when we can get that from schools an hour away

Professor
October 10th, 2017, 01:24 PM
The MEAC 2nd place is NEVER a REAL playoff team. Your league is an embarrassment.

5 winning seasons in 25 years and we are an embarrassment , Bwhahaha ok

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 01:25 PM

We actually would, if the terms are good enough, and the game wouldn't be a blow out. We beat an App State that thought they would blow us out, and Coastal Carolina beat us by a point. Both games, A&T wasn't anywhere close to where we are now.

Being totally objective, but don't be quick to dismiss THIS team based off of historical stats. Streaks can and will be broken. Now I'm not saying we'll win, but even in our biggest losses against UNC and Tulsa, those teams left impressed with the Aggies from Greensboro, NC.

SU DOG
October 10th, 2017, 01:26 PM

I very much disagree. This year's Aggies team would NOT finish 7th in ANY FCS conference. Scary good up to this point.

Professor
October 10th, 2017, 01:29 PM
I very much disagree. This year's Aggies team would NOT finish 7th in ANY FCS conference. Scary good up to this point.

Appreciate it, again.... We have Elon and GW next year. And when we beat them, you guys will come up with some other barometer for us to pass.

citdog
October 10th, 2017, 01:32 PM
5 winning seasons in 25 years and we are an embarrassment , Bwhahaha ok

YES. The MEAC is an embarrassment. The Citadel's program has two more playoff wins in those years than your ENTIRE CONFERENCE. We actually play real opponents in a REAL conference. You should look into it. Blew out your little aggies 50-0 in the playoffs if I recall...

Professor
October 10th, 2017, 01:41 PM
YES. The MEAC is an embarrassment. The Citadel's program has two more playoff wins in those years than your ENTIRE CONFERENCE. We actually play real opponents in a REAL conference. You should look into it. Blew out your little aggies 50-0 in the playoffs if I recall...

Yea that was 92 when we lost 44 to 0, and in 93 we beat App and Western Carolina.

Funny that you won't play us again. And i have 1st hand knowledge that your former ADs have turned down that call time and time again.

You can beat your chest all you want on the internet , but don't be mad because your school is returning to its usual place of mediocrity. Mercer is in the 5th year of their program and took you to the woodshed. Sad

centennial
October 10th, 2017, 02:44 PM
We actually would, if the terms are good enough, and the game wouldn't be a blow out. We beat an App State that thought they would blow us out, and Coastal Carolina beat us by a point. Both games, A&T wasn't anywhere close to where we are now.

Being totally objective, but don't be quick to dismiss THIS team based off of historical stats. Streaks can and will be broken. Now I'm not saying we'll win, but even in our biggest losses against UNC and Tulsa, those teams left impressed with the Aggies from Greensboro, NC.

Where do you think NCAT would finish in the valley? Who do you think they can beat?

I disagree. The 7th place team is SIU. They almost beat Memphis and then got beat down in the valley. Maybe they could beat Illinois State, UNI. NCAT beats SDSU, or WIU? I just can't see that happening. Also consider that they would get injured a lot more.

KPSUL
October 10th, 2017, 03:37 PM
What's with all these vitriolic posts about NC A&T and the MEAC? WestCoastAggie and the Professor are not claiming they could beat the JMUs and NDSUs of FCS football, they are advocating they have a real good team that deserves some respect and recognition. Apparently most of us agree since they have been ranked on AGS in the teens for couple weeks now.

I heard Jay Walker's comment about the Celebration Bowl being the "real" championship and thought it to be ridiculous; but I chalked it up as typical football commentator hype and hubris and proceeded to enjoy the game. But nobody here is saying crazy stuff like that - send your criticism to Jay, or ESPN, instead.

ST_Lawson
October 10th, 2017, 03:39 PM

I'd be all for that, but I doubt NDSU would...if they don't get 10 home games in a season, they get pissed ;)

We've got a decent number of alumni out on the east coast that might like going to that.

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Where do you think NCAT would finish in the valley? Who do you think they can beat?

Honestly... I'm not really sure. I do legit believe we would have a winning conference record.

The point is the coaches, players, and fans in the know realize that we have to earn respect outside the conference. But for now, the team and Coach Broadway are zoned in on FAMU. Right now, they are striving for the "perfect game," and are looking to "crush the throats" of our opponent, figuratively of course.

dewey
October 10th, 2017, 05:06 PM
I'd be all for that, but I doubt NDSU would...if they don't get 10 home games in a season, they get pissed ;)

God dang right we are pissed if we don't get 9 home games and a "home" game in Frisco.

Dewey