PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs WIU

UNIFanSince1983
October 4th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Eh lots of chatter about best ways to get from Macomb/Iowa City to Cedar Falls in the MVFC thread. Thought I would start one for this game so that one can focus on important issues like Casey's Breakfast Pizza.

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2017, 08:04 PM
One time Western Illinois brought their band to the UNI dome. That was annoying.

Schism55
October 4th, 2017, 08:07 PM
One time Western Illinois brought their band to the UNI dome. That was annoying.
Not entirely sure why but this made me laugh, hard.
Thoughts on the game itself? 5Dimes has WIU as 2.5 pt favorite.

PantherRob82
October 4th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Not entirely sure why but this made me laugh, hard.
Thoughts on the game itself? 5Dimes has WIU as 2.5 pt favorite.

That seems fair.

- - - Updated - - -

WIU's fight song is annoying. We get it. You can spell "Western". But can they spell Illinois? The "s" is silent.

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2017, 08:33 PM
That seems fair.

- - - Updated - - -

WIU's fight song is annoying. We get it. You can spell "Western". But can they spell Illinois? The "s" is silent.

Unless they are Ill and making Nois...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

DCWIU11
October 4th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Ha! I love it. I live on the East coast now and for some reason where I live no one under stands that the "s" is silent in Illinois. I did spell that right I am hoping. haha.

That seems fair.

- - - Updated - - -

underdawg
October 4th, 2017, 09:14 PM
That seems fair.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd make the Kats a 2.5 fav playing at home

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2017, 12:11 AM

Was it the band that was annoying or the 56-yard FG from our punter to win the game that was annoying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
October 5th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Was it the band that was annoying or the 56-yard FG from our punter to win the game that was annoying?

The band. Your band is annoying in Macomb or Cedar Falls. No one needs to be reminded how to spell Western on every first down. xcoolx

clenz
October 5th, 2017, 07:11 AM
The band. Your band is annoying in Macomb or Cedar Falls. No one needs to be reminded how to spell Western on every first down. xcoolx
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/533/710/7ac.jpg

clenz
October 5th, 2017, 07:21 AM
As for the game - for PN I do a very basic rewatch/breakdown of film for our opponent that week. Here's what I've got for WIU

Here's what I got

WIU Offense:

This is an offense we would normally shut down due to our history of strong DLs. Without that this year we may be in some trouble. Their run game is similar to Iowa's in it's foundation. Iowa uses more full backs and tight ends, while WIU uses a ton of single back with a wing. However, how the OL blocks is very similar to Iowa. It's a pin and pull zone scheme. 2 pulling OL and a back finding where the hole opens. The main tailback, #5, is a small shifty back. He isn't looking to get anywhere inside the tackles. First sign of any congestion and he's bounding outside. He also lines up in the wing and is used in jet sweet looks.

Their offense looks complex, but it's not. It's a basic single i, downfield passing game. It just looks complex because they shift and motion a lot at the snap. They run a jet sweep action on about 45% of their plays. Their run game isn't great, it's predicated entirely on the jet motion look getting defenders out of position to break one.

Their pass game is deep ball first with check down on the sideline or between the hashes for McGuire to come back too after staring his main WR down for 4 seconds. I mean it when I say McGuire locks on. There were plays I replayed a few times just to double check myself because McGuire was looking at his target (Acklin for the USD game) before the snap in the gun was in his hands. 11 of Acklin's catches were in the 4th when they were down big and McGuire was just chucking it up there for Acklin to make a play on. The route trees are almost all on the same half of the field to avoid making any "real" reads cross field. They were down big most of the game so they just started chucking it deep to Acklin, and he made the plays. WIU clearly saw a match up issue that USD wasn't willing to fix and they exploited it hard in the 4th quarter when USD went prevent.

Again, a normal Farley defense would eat this offense for breakfast. Playing 2 freshman safeties, and a couple freshman LBs/DL? We'll see.

WIU Defense:
It's similar to Cal Poly. It's a modified 3-3-5/3-5-3/2-4-5/5-3. They never have more than 3 with their hands on the ground, even goal line sets. Those three are always all inside the inside shoulder of the tackles. Depending on the situation they'll have 1 standing rush end/LB with the DL shifted away or compact the DL and put 2 standing rush ends (thus why I said 5-3). They are all undersized. A normal UNI OL would blow them back instantly. This OL? We'll see. What they tend to do is use speed and misdirection. They play a ton of games with the rushing players. Their LBs are also very aggressive in flowing to the ball. Most USD play-actions involved the LBs crashing down. A play-action or WR screen fake and they flew out. The middle of the field 7-14 yards down field was open, a lot, for USD. For whatever reason they didn't really do a ton to get routes into that space though.

Use the RBs to chip and give a guy like Jalen Rima just enough time to get into a deep slant (not quite over depth though) and it could be big yards. That can set up a sluggo, and for a guy with the speed of Rima, or attacking the high point of the ball like Fountain.

On the DB side of things, they aren't real aggressive in fighting for the ball. I think USD won every single 50/50 ball. USD's second touchdown was a jump ball to the front pylon with 1 USD WR and 3 WIU DBs int he area...the USD won. A guy like Fountain could have a MONSTER game with how he fights for the ball.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After watching the full game I feel better about our chances if the small **** is cleaned up. It hasn't been this year, but if we get that cleaned up we win this. Biggest key is giving Eli time. I really think Eli will pick WIU apart, if they give him time. WIU is real aggressive on defense, so it may require getting creative on how we do it (chips, screen game, etc.), but it has to happen.

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2017, 08:22 AM
No one needs to be reminded how to spell Western on every first down. xcoolx

Hey, when that thing was written, we were the Fighting Teachers and the illiteracy rate in the US was barely under 10%. We're just trying to continue our mission of educating the dozens of fans in the stands.

https://i0.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

waverly_panther
October 5th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Hey, when that thing was written, we were the Fighting Teachers and the illiteracy rate in the US was barely under 10%. We're just trying to continue our mission of educating the dozens of fans in the stands.

https://i0.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gifThe last couple of times I road tripped to Western, this would be accurate. They were both the last game of the year, and there weren't 1000 people at either game including the band and the players. I think one game we got in for $1. And the weather was good for a late November game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

UNIFanSince1983
October 5th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I have enjoyed the few times that I have traveled to a game in Macomb. Even the time I think in '97 with the blocked extra point returned for 2.

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2017, 10:09 AM
The last couple of times I road tripped to Western, this would be accurate. They were both the last game of the year, and there weren't 1000 people at either game including the band and the players. I think one game we got in for $1. And the weather was good for a late November game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup, students don't really give a f*** about our team (for the most part). I don't know if it's just perception of us not being a good team, not being FBS, the old stadium, or what, but people just don't seem to come out to games much around here.

I did find out something interesting though. Our official attendance counts for the most part will be lower than actual attendance numbers because we only count ticketed fans entering the stadium. Students get in free by just showing their student IDs, and the people taking the tickets don't have clickers/counters to keep track of how many other people head into the stadium. We don't have a ton of students at the games, but counting them would make a difference in terms of official reported attendance.

As a fan who has only missed maybe 10 home games in the last 20 years, it makes me both sad and pissed that students can't get off their butts and support the team...especially when it doesn't cost them a damn thing to do so.

clenz
October 5th, 2017, 10:16 AM
You don't scan the ID? All UNI students need to do is show ID, but it's scanned to track attendance.

I think the stadium has potential to be pretty sweet. I'm a big fan of how the south side blends to the campus with the hill and the arch entry on the north side. Not a big fan of any other part of it. If WIU could/would do some kind of horse shoe - ala SIU and leave the open end the south side with that view of campus it'd be neat. However, with the track being a thing at WIU there's no much that can be done to make it look nice and build atmosphere.

You'd end up with something like Buffalo - which SUCKS
http://cdnak1.psbin.com/img/mw=750/mh=458/cr=n/d=66h5f/0ooyi5pzoqercx8v.jpg

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2017, 10:35 AM
You don't scan the ID? All UNI students need to do is show ID, but it's scanned to track attendance.

I think the stadium has potential to be pretty sweet. I'm a big fan of how the south side blends to the campus with the hill and the arch entry on the north side. Not a big fan of any other part of it. If WIU could/would do some kind of horse shoe - ala SIU and leave the open end the south side with that view of campus it'd be neat. However, with the track being a thing at WIU there's no much that can be done to make it look nice and build atmosphere.

Nope, no scanning, no tracking of students. They don't even track if you're a current student...so, like...someone who graduated 4 years ago but still has their student ID can just flash it and walk in without being counted. It's dumb as **** but that's what it is.

I'd love to have a track built elsewhere and have the stadium redone to remove it, but when we have trouble scrounging together the $ to get a new video scoreboard (that's still smaller than most scoreboards in the conference), there's no way we're going to have the money to build a new track elsewhere and redo the football stadium.

We just have very few options and no money with which to do them.

Schism55
October 5th, 2017, 11:09 AM
As for the game - for PN I do a very basic rewatch/breakdown of film for our opponent that week. Here's what I've got for WIU

Here's what I got

WIU Offense:

This is an offense we would normally shut down due to our history of strong DLs. Without that this year we may be in some trouble. Their run game is similar to Iowa's in it's foundation. Iowa uses more full backs and tight ends, while WIU uses a ton of single back with a wing. However, how the OL blocks is very similar to Iowa. It's a pin and pull zone scheme. 2 pulling OL and a back finding where the hole opens. The main tailback, #5, is a small shifty back. He isn't looking to get anywhere inside the tackles. First sign of any congestion and he's bounding outside. He also lines up in the wing and is used in jet sweet looks.

Their offense looks complex, but it's not. It's a basic single i, downfield passing game. It just looks complex because they shift and motion a lot at the snap. They run a jet sweep action on about 45% of their plays. Their run game isn't great, it's predicated entirely on the jet motion look getting defenders out of position to break one.

Their pass game is deep ball first with check down on the sideline or between the hashes for McGuire to come back too after staring his main WR down for 4 seconds. I mean it when I say McGuire locks on. There were plays I replayed a few times just to double check myself because McGuire was looking at his target (Acklin for the USD game) before the snap in the gun was in his hands. 11 of Acklin's catches were in the 4th when they were down big and McGuire was just chucking it up there for Acklin to make a play on. The route trees are almost all on the same half of the field to avoid making any "real" reads cross field. They were down big most of the game so they just started chucking it deep to Acklin, and he made the plays. WIU clearly saw a match up issue that USD wasn't willing to fix and they exploited it hard in the 4th quarter when USD went prevent.

Again, a normal Farley defense would eat this offense for breakfast. Playing 2 freshman safeties, and a couple freshman LBs/DL? We'll see.

WIU Defense:
It's similar to Cal Poly. It's a modified 3-3-5/3-5-3/2-4-5/5-3. They never have more than 3 with their hands on the ground, even goal line sets. Those three are always all inside the inside shoulder of the tackles. Depending on the situation they'll have 1 standing rush end/LB with the DL shifted away or compact the DL and put 2 standing rush ends (thus why I said 5-3). They are all undersized. A normal UNI OL would blow them back instantly. This OL? We'll see. What they tend to do is use speed and misdirection. They play a ton of games with the rushing players. Their LBs are also very aggressive in flowing to the ball. Most USD play-actions involved the LBs crashing down. A play-action or WR screen fake and they flew out. The middle of the field 7-14 yards down field was open, a lot, for USD. For whatever reason they didn't really do a ton to get routes into that space though.

Use the RBs to chip and give a guy like Jalen Rima just enough time to get into a deep slant (not quite over depth though) and it could be big yards. That can set up a sluggo, and for a guy with the speed of Rima, or attacking the high point of the ball like Fountain.

On the DB side of things, they aren't real aggressive in fighting for the ball. I think USD won every single 50/50 ball. USD's second touchdown was a jump ball to the front pylon with 1 USD WR and 3 WIU DBs int he area...the USD won. A guy like Fountain could have a MONSTER game with how he fights for the ball.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After watching the full game I feel better about our chances if the small **** is cleaned up. It hasn't been this year, but if we get that cleaned up we win this. Biggest key is giving Eli time. I really think Eli will pick WIU apart, if they give him time. WIU is real aggressive on defense, so it may require getting creative on how we do it (chips, screen game, etc.), but it has to happen.
Well said sir. I watched this game and your breakdown of the WIU Offense is spot on.
ps. Your post says its time to change your sig xthumbsupx

UNIFanSince1983
October 5th, 2017, 01:15 PM

http://cdnak1.psbin.com/img/mw=750/mh=458/cr=n/d=66h5f/0ooyi5pzoqercx8v.jpg

Wouldn't be as terrible if they would actually connect the horseshoe end to the main stands. I mean obviously a track isn't good no matter what, but this would be better if they connected the end to the sides and made it a true horseshoe.

clenz
October 5th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't be as terrible if they would actually connect the horseshoe end to the main stands. I mean obviously a track isn't good no matter what, but this would be better if they connected the end to the sides and made it a true horseshoe.
With a track those corners are going to be wretched for views if enclosed.

There's no good way to horseshoe a track.

UNIFanSince1983
October 5th, 2017, 03:28 PM
With a track those corners are going to be wretched for views if enclosed.

There's no good way to horseshoe a track.

You're not wrong, but that doesn't mean it is unprecedented.

http://media.cleveland.com/travel_impact/photo/aerial-ohio-stadium-730746dab4b0d042.jpg

clenz
October 5th, 2017, 03:37 PM
You're not wrong, but that doesn't mean it is unprecedented.

http://media.cleveland.com/travel_impact/photo/aerial-ohio-stadium-730746dab4b0d042.jpgSure. If you can put 101K in a stadium, do it.

However, notice they even built over the track there and then eventually completely removed it.

For a school like WIU (or Buffalo) to try a horse shoe around a track when they draw enough to fill 25% of their fixed sideline seats is a complete waste.

I can't find a good photo facing south out of Hanson field, but man a SIU like horse shoe facing south would be nice

Found one - can't direct link it but here you go

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.468516,-90.6841992,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m7!1e2!3m5!1sAF1QipPWJiFMa4MKKHMwnVSc7CHyJ9 dmCTGpMLtjA_Pi!2e10!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleuserco ntent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPWJiFMa4MKKHMwnVSc7CHyJ9dmCT GpMLtjA_Pi%3Dw203-h100-p-k-no!7i3264!8i1836

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Hard to say which would work better...a horseshoe facing south would give you a view of Sherman Hall (the main building)...but facing north, you'd be able to take advantage of the hillside. Then again, people sitting there would feel like they're a quarter mile away from the field.

If we had all the money we wanted to work with, I'd build a track over around our soccer field (would have to shift it away from the road a bit, but there's room for that...those are nearly all just intramural fields around it: https://goo.gl/maps/MN219vLGNpR2).
Then, tear down the west side stands, tear out the track, build the new west side stands right up against the field, and the added space between the stands and the hillside can be concessions, bathrooms, etc. and make it a horseshoe around the north side.

Basically that would involve tearing down the entire stadium though, including the newer east side, and rebuilding over where the track used to be. And that...that would take some serious money.

Twentysix
October 5th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Nope, no scanning, no tracking of students. They don't even track if you're a current student...so, like...someone who graduated 4 years ago but still has their student ID can just flash it and walk in without being counted. It's dumb as **** but that's what it is.

I'd love to have a track built elsewhere and have the stadium redone to remove it, but when we have trouble scrounging together the $ to get a new video scoreboard (that's still smaller than most scoreboards in the conference), there's no way we're going to have the money to build a new track elsewhere and redo the football stadium.

We just have very few options and no money with which to do them.I think that has to do with demand vs supply for students. Usc does the same thing. I used a student of another races ID to get into usc Notre dame at USC. No one scanned or looked at it at all.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Not impressed by either time so far. A lot of stupid plays.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 04:56 PM
WIU has 4 false starts and a bad snap on a punt. UNI bringing a lot of pressure so they are struggling on offense.

UNI defense has been key so far. UNI offense has been bland and Dunne threw a really bad interception.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 04:59 PM
97 yd TD run for UNI called back for illegal formation.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 05:01 PM
A few plays later WIU gets a safety. 5-0

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2017, 05:32 PM
14-5 UNI leads at the half. Defensive game so far.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 05:36 PM
I should be feeling good, but I'm a little nervous about the 2nd half run WIU made last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does Rocky look like a rejected Pokemon instead of a bulldog?

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 05:40 PM
PatherRob did I call it or not? Freaking UNI doing it again. Piss down the leg in the OOC, create havoc in the valley. 2nd season in the a row.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Why do I have to see a Casey's advertisement? Now I want some breakfast pizza.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Did the commentator just say North Dakota is a GREAT team? Surrency, you might want to rephrase that.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Hopefully this 2nd half is as good as the YSU vs USeD game was.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:03 PM
PatherRob did I call it or not? Freaking UNI doing it again. Piss down the leg in the OOC, create havoc in the valley. 2nd season in the a row.
Look at it another way, Western Illinois is rarely as good as advertised. Let's see how UNI does against the Dakotas and YSU.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Holy terrible decision UNI qb...

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:04 PM
...or just wait until we blow this game.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure UNI caught that Acklin is pretty good. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:08 PM
After an interception deep in UNI territory, WIU TD makes it 14-12.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure UNI caught that Acklin is pretty good. xlolx

UNI needs to show their players this sign

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f6/As_seen_on_TV.svg/1200px-As_seen_on_TV.svg.png

since he is lighting up the TV.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:11 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f6/As_seen_on_TV.svg/1200px-As_seen_on_TV.svg.png

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26251&stc=1

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:14 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26251&stc=1

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PantherRob82 again.

I am actually laughing at your response.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Terrible call on UNI on that first down play, horrid.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:17 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PantherRob82 again.

I am actually laughing at your response.
I overuse that meme. Sometimes I use it even when it is funny.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Meatwad make the money see!

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:18 PM
I overuse that meme. Sometimes I use it even when it is funny.

Never seen it used before which is why I cracked up.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Just like that we are losing again.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 06:19 PM
18-14 WIU

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:20 PM
WIU looks like they are making the necessary 2nd half adjustments.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2017, 06:21 PM

Woof....dont do that again. Ever......again.............ever.

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2017, 06:24 PM
As per expected WIU has figured it out and UNI has not...

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Woof....dont do that again. Ever......again.............ever.

What if I do? :D

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 06:25 PM
UNI sucks balls, for real, believe it, it is what it is.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 06:25 PM
WIU starting to dominate both lines of scrimmage.
Also, does Dunne have concrete shoes on? Damn hes slow.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:27 PM
WIU starting to dominate both lines of scrimmage.
Also, does Dunne have concrete shoes on? Damn hes slow.

Don't say that, otherwise UNI will get another Aaron Bailey and/or Rennie.

Wait, on second thought, UNI needs another Bailey and/or Rennie.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Bang bang play mother****ers. Lol. Close enough not to overturn.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Dunne seems to be getting worse at decision making. Looks like Kollmorgen after multiple concussions.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Both these team suck,

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:43 PM
How can they review and overturn a call that was blown dead before the fumble recovery? Wouldn't the ruling be an inadvertent whistle?

- - - Updated - - -

Super confused. Ref blew the original call, but I don't understand how they can review a play like that.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Acklin with the hail mary catch in the end zone.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Best WR in the conference, don't bother covering him. 25-14.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 06:44 PM
How can they review and overturn a call that was blown dead before the fumble recovery? Wouldn't the ruling be an inadvertent whistle?

- - - Updated - - -

Super confused. Ref blew the original call, but I don't understand how they can review a play like that.
Ref I think misspoke the call, then corrected it. This game is probably over anyway. TD WIU.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Best WR in the conference, don't bother covering him. 25-14.

Wieneke MIGHT have something to say about that.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Wieneke MIGHT have something to say about that.
Close enough that they should know.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Okay, now I am back to fire Farley. Terrible coach. How can you not have a competent offense? His time should've been over 2 years ago. UNI QB is pretty bad too. Why not get a QB who can throw like South Dakota? Or better develop someone.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Ref I think misspoke the call, then corrected it. This game is probably over anyway. TD WIU.
Yeah, we were totally going to lose anyway, but how do you overturn a play that was blown dead? I thought refs had been encouraged to be slow to whistle so plays could be reviewed. I've never seen anything like that.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Close enough that they should know.

I was a little shocked that he got that open and burnt both the CB and FS. If the offense runs through Acklin, he should be double-teamed at all times and force WIU to beat them on the ground. I guess I did not realize UNI was this "down" this year.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 06:53 PM
And all of the sudden UNI using air raid sets. Interesting.

TD

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 06:54 PM
This game is hilarious xdrunkyx

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Who has the most choking left in them?

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:55 PM
And of course, as soon as I type that, UNI turns it up and gets 8pts.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Is Mike Leach calling the game for UNI?

25 WIU
22 UNI

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:56 PM
25-22 WIU

- - - Updated - - -

I might drop WIU out of my poll, win or lose.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 06:57 PM
25-22 WIU

- - - Updated - - -

I might drop WIU out of my poll, win or lose.

So now you're a PVAM fan and no longer a Valpo fan? xlolx

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 06:59 PM
So now you're a PVAM fan and no longer a Valpo fan? xlolx
Fair weather. xlolx

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Fair weather. xlolx

Now you're getting it! Someone has to be a trailblazer.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Now you're getting it! Someone has to be a trailblazer.
I thought Valpo was a title contender.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:03 PM
I thought Valpo was a title contender.

Well their problem was is that they needed moar cowbell

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/11/More-cowbell.gif

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Who can choke this game away? BTW when did UNI start using Texas Tech, Wash State plays?

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Who can choke this game away? BTW when did UNI start using Texas Tech, Wash State plays?

- - - Updated - - -

How we have a chance to win this game is beyond me.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:06 PM

- - - Updated - - -

#StittHappens

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2017, 07:08 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26252&stc=1

PantherRob82
UNI almost in FG range (long enough for a kicker to make it, but for ours to blow it)

centennial

- - - Updated - - -

I swear it feels like I am seeing Washington State play. Just UNI things.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:10 PM
WIU is pissing this game down their leg by letting UNI get back in on 2 4th down plays.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Dunne got lucky there. Taylor needs to make that sack.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Dunne got lucky there. Taylor needs to make that sack.
I saw 2 blatant UNI holds too. So double lucky.

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Terrible tackling.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:14 PM
I saw 2 blatant UNI holds too. So double lucky.

And now UNI just got the lead...

There was some obvious holding on that scramble.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:14 PM
WTF. UNI scores.

29-25

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Wow. WTF is going on. UNI takes the lead.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:16 PM
WIU starts on the 35 yard line.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:16 PM
The kickoff goes into the stands, way before it reaches the endzone. Illegal kick.

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Of course UNI kicks the ball out of bounds, why not

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Of course UNI kicks the ball out of bounds, why not
Right?

- - - Updated - - -

Into UNI territory already.

- - - Updated - - -

:56 and 3 TOsfor WIU

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Right?

- - - Updated - - -

Into UNI territory already.
Not even stealing Mike Leach plays might save UNI.

- - - Updated - - -

Game time. 4 and 15.

Drblankstare
October 7th, 2017, 07:20 PM
That's a hell of a play by the UNI Db

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 07:20 PM
4th and 15 for WIU

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:21 PM
He makes it !!!!!!

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:21 PM
YUGE 4th down conversion at the sticks.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Red zone. Plenty of time

- - - Updated - - -

Acklin wide open. Errant throw.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Did Acklin just win the game?!?!?!?!

update

WOW! Acklin won the game.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:24 PM
GAME OVER. Savage!!!

PantherRob82
TD Acklin. Flags out

Drblankstare
You got to be ****ting me

Schism55
Both defenses just total collapse, wow

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Farley doing farley things. This is now the 2nd game today in the Valley that went down to the final 10 seconds. This is why I love FCS football.

BisonBacker
What a nice 2 minute drive.

PantherRob82
I'm glad my pessimism paid off.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I'm glad my pessimism paid off.

You're such a bandwagon fan... xlolx

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:27 PM
So it looks like WIU decided to add insult to injury by scoring a TD on the kickoff.

centennial
BAHAHAHAAHA. SAVAGE!

PantherRob82
Wow. Very UNI-like

Schism55
LOL of course it ended that way :D

Bisonoline
What a **** show.xlolx

Was Mike Leach playing against Mike Leach?

dwtime
October 7th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Wow!

Bison56
October 7th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Wow what a finish!

TennBison
October 7th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Looks like UNI players are going to get plenty of rest for next year.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 07:29 PM
I should drop The Citadel out of my poll and add UNi. xlolx

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:30 PM
So UNI goes full Mike Leach, get's back into the game. Then plays prevent to have WIU score. Then decides to freaking run with 6 seconds to go which WIU recovers and scores. Just UNI things.

NoVABison
WTF? Amazing... all UNI needed to do was hold them for 90 seconds.

PantherRob82
Attendance already sucks. I can't imagine how empty it will be when we head back for YSU and USD.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:31 PM

Hey Citdog, get in this thread!

No_Skill
October 7th, 2017, 07:31 PM

That's THE The Citatel, guy!

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 07:32 PM
BTW Illinois State is losing to NAU at the half. 6-13

JSUSoutherner
October 7th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Did this choke break math too?

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:33 PM
That's THE The Citatel, guy!

https://i.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.webp

It's Teh Citaduhl

No_Skill
October 7th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Da Citdel?

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/iowew_wjbk.jpg

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Da Citdel?

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/iowew_wjbk.jpg

What Acklin is saying in the locker room right meow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B1jJt_rBLs

ST_Lawson
October 7th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Back out in the car. I'm not sure what I just watched. I mean...yea, we won....but....way too much WTF in that game.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Back out in the car. I'm not sure what I just watched. I mean...yea, we won....but....way too much WTF in that game.

until proven otherwise, I'm going to say that the panthers suck and that western Illinois is just having another year where they get highly rated early on in the season and fall apart. Have a safe drive home. A win is a win.

Bisonator
October 7th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Wow both teams tried hard to lose that one but never under estimate the losing ability of Farley. xlolx

JayJ79
October 7th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Who has the most choking left in them?

No one can top Farley in that regard.

JSUSoutherner
October 7th, 2017, 10:39 PM
No one can top Farley in that regard.

I think their basketball team still has the biggest choke in sports history.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 10:42 PM

Get that **** out of here. If you want to mention the activity known as hoopball, go to that forum. xdrunkyx

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2017, 10:46 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/26FPzgftlRfgwkEw0/giphy.gif

Bisonoline
October 7th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Wow both teams tried hard to lose that one but never under estimate the losing ability of Farley. xlolx

Nobody flames like Farley. He just has the innate ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on a consistent basis.xthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
October 8th, 2017, 01:12 AM
until proven otherwise, I'm going to say that the panthers suck and that western Illinois is just having another year where they get highly rated early on in the season and fall apart. Have a safe drive home. A win is a win.

Win game ✔️
Drive home safe ✔️
Confidence in WIU's ability to do well throughout the season....xsmhx

Should not have been that close. If we were really a good team, UNI would not have gotten those 15 points in the 4th quarter...3 maybe...not 15. I think we stand a good chance of making the playoffs at this point...there's 3 games that we "should" be able to win, which puts us at 7-4 with a FBS* win, which should be playoff-worthy barring some other craziness (although it wouldn't be unheard-of). I think we have a chance to take maybe one other from either SDSU or IL State to get to 8 wins.

But still...I did not need that near heart attack. I was still shaking maybe 30 minutes after the game was over.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/what_the_hell_parks_rec.gif

neverobeyed
October 8th, 2017, 06:22 AM

Sigh. Just ... sigh.

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2017, 07:54 AM
I see best case scenario for UNI this season is 4-7 and 3 Valley wins.

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2017, 08:56 AM

That was epic. My Packers in the playoffs is right up there but UNI wins.