PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay getting some national media pub

Schism55
October 2nd, 2017, 02:54 PM
https://www.theringer.com/2017/10/2/16401006/week-5-college-football-awards-clemson

(https://www.theringer.com/2017/10/2/16401006/week-5-college-football-awards-clemson)

JSUSoutherner
October 17th, 2017, 10:42 AM
So I was looking at the games left in the OVC and APSU has UCF and four OVC games left on the schedule.

Assuming APSU can win the rest of their FCS games they will finish their season 8-4 with 8 D-1 wins and their only losses being FBS teams and JSU.

Their four remaining OVC games are SEMO, TTU, EKU, and EIU. I think every one but EIU is favorable for APSU. APSU does have EIU at home.

If EIU loses this weekend and wins out that would put them at 8-3 with losses to an FBS, JSU, and ISUr.

Very real possibility we may see two OVC teams in the playoffs this year.

SU DOG
October 17th, 2017, 11:12 AM
I'm an outsider, but I don't get the love for EIU. A 1 point win over TTU, an overtime win at Murray, and being blown out by Illinois State? I think APSU has a far better chance of making a 2nd team for the OVC. BTW, EIU is a 18.5 point underdog to JSU, and that will be on their home field. I could be missing something here, but I just don't see the Panthers winning out especially having to go to UTM and APSU.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Austin Peay in the playoffs? Where are my canned goods, again?

JSUSoutherner
October 17th, 2017, 11:30 AM
I'm an outsider, but I don't get the love for EIU. A 1 point win over TTU, an overtime win at Murray, and being blown out by Illinois State? I think APSU has a far better chance of making a 2nd team for the OVC. BTW, EIU is a 18.5 point underdog to JSU, and that will be on their home field. I could be missing something here, but I just don't see the Panthers winning out especially having to go to UTM and APSU.

It might be worth noting EIU has been playing without their starting QB for a couple weeks. Plop him back into the lineup and I think you see more decisively won games. Problem is I don't know when he's coming back. 8-3 is a real possibility and I think a team with 8 D1 wins would be kind of hard to leave at home whether it ends up being EIU or APSU.

There still a decent chance they can both collapse in true OVC fashion and end at 6 wins a piece as well.

Sycamore62
October 17th, 2017, 01:35 PM
It might be worth noting EIU has been playing without their starting QB for a couple weeks. Plop him back into the lineup and I think you see more decisively won games. Problem is I don't know when he's coming back. 8-3 is a real possibility and I think a team with 8 D1 wins would be kind of hard to leave at home whether it ends up being EIU or APSU.

There still a decent chance they can both collapse in true OVC fashion and end at 6 wins a piece as well.
you could also note that they beat us on the play of the game

fmftballmgr
October 18th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Never thought I would hear APSU and playoffs in the same sentence. Does not mean I have to like

Bucs2016
October 18th, 2017, 10:47 AM
God O Mighty....first we make it 2 years in a row. Now Austin Peay?? Planet X has set the world on a strange trajectory!

CockyGeek
October 18th, 2017, 12:40 PM
From literal sinkhole to possible playoffs. What a time to be alive.

Terrier19
October 18th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Great turnaround......Awesome stuff......AP recruited/offered my son who is a senior this season at another school, But that was the outlook and recruiting pitch for the long run, I am glad to see that coming to fruition. Good stuff guys!!!!

Mocs123
October 18th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Will Healey is a good coach

JSUSoutherner
October 18th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Will Healey is a good coach

Very good. He's got my vote for Coach of the Year.