NDSU - #73 188/game
ISUb - #60 204/game

Rushing Defense:

NDSU - #1 50/game
ISUb - #23 103/game

Passing Defense:

NDSU - #1 88/game
ISUb - #113 290/game

With the potential of rain on Saturday (60% forecast as of now) will the running game become very important? Looks like both teams have the ability to stop the run so it should be a good battle in the trenches.

ISUb gives up a lot of passing yards so will the Bison try to open up the run game by passing it first, esp on 1st down?

Missouri State spread out NDSU will 3 WRs to get them into nickel coverage then ran the QB and had some early success with that. Will the Sycs try to do the same thing? Will NDSU sit back in base Tampa-2 and let the front 4 pressure the QB or bring an extra guy for pressure?

Watching ISUb against ISUr, they had some decent drives but were inconsistent. The Bison lost another LB but DeLuca was back.

This will be my first trip to ISUb for a game. Looking forward to going to this one. Any other Bison fans making the trip?

dewey
October 2nd, 2017, 07:09 AM
The North Dakota State University Bison are 8 and 1 against the Indiana State University Sycamores.

Have a safe trip to Terre Haute Bison Fan In NW MN and anyone else making the trip.

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171002/2a29fdb23bce24a1e4fab19f57ded2dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

UpstateBison
October 2nd, 2017, 07:30 AM
See you in Terre Haute Bison Fan in NW MN. I am making the drive up from Spartanburg, SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 2nd, 2017, 07:34 AM
See you in Terre Haute Bison Fan in NW MN. I am making the drive up from Spartanburg, SC.

PM sent. See you there!

xthumbsupx

Southern Bison
October 2nd, 2017, 08:14 AM
PM sent. See you there!

xthumbsupxSend UpState Bison back to the Carolinas with a jar of honey for me!

Sycamore62
October 2nd, 2017, 08:35 AM
have a safe trip guys. my favorite pizza in town is at the Ballyhoo Pizza King on 9th and Chestnut just east across the street from campus.

as far as the game...last week we played like crap, i also think Illinois State played like crap, the refs officiated like crap, the nachos sucked, my kids wouldnt behave, I picked a bad spot to sit and could a barely stay awake on the drive home so hopefully this week...

I cant fathom this being a game. we switched back to our original starter late in the game, i have no idea why but I guess they both have their strengths. I think we should stay with Sparks who is a redshirt freshman. I thought our O-line played poorly, I dont have any reason they would play better against NDSU and that in itself should be enough to decide the game. If NDSU can stop the run without blitzing regularly they shouldnt have a problem with us. I suppose Sparks could have a great day and change it but I wont hold my breath.

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2017, 08:41 AM
have a safe trip guys. my favorite pizza in town is at the Ballyhoo Pizza King on 9th and Chestnut just east across the street from campus.

as far as the game...last week we played like crap, i also think Illinois State played like crap, the refs officiated like crap, the nachos sucked, my kids wouldnt behave, I picked a bad spot to sit and could a barely stay awake on the drive home so hopefully this week...

I cant fathom this being a game. we switched back to our original starter late in the game, i have no idea why but I guess they both have their strengths. I think we should stay with Sparks who is a redshirt freshman. I thought our O-line played poorly, I dont have any reason they would play better against NDSU and that in itself should be enough to decide the game. If NDSU can stop the run without blitzing regularly they shouldnt have a problem with us. I suppose Sparks could have a great day and change it but I wont hold my breath.
I was impressed with Indiana St's run defense. Didn't watch any of the Illinois St game last Saturday but the box score indicated they held the Redbirds to 56 yards on 36 carries (although that looked like it was influenced pretty heavily by sacks on Kolbe and -19 yards of "team rushes"). So far this year the NDSU offense has been clicking on all cylinders most of the time (2nd in the nation averaging nearly 7 yards per carry and 11th in the nation in pass efficiency) but they've played some pretty poor defenses, especially run defenses. I'm curious to see if they can keep it up against Indiana St's run defense. Personally I hope the OC lets NDSU QB Easton Stick open things up a little bit with the pass instead of staying married to the run on 1st and 2nd down because I'm sure the Sycamore defense is going to be selling out to stop the run in the early downs.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2017, 08:44 AM
I was impressed with Indiana St's run defense. Didn't watch any of the Illinois St game last Saturday but the box score indicated they held the Redbirds to 56 yards on 36 carries (although that looked like it was influenced pretty heavily by sacks on Kolbe and -19 yards of "team rushes"). So far this year the NDSU offense has been clicking on all cylinders most of the time (2nd in the nation averaging nearly 7 yards per carry and 11th in the nation in pass efficiency) but they've played some pretty poor defenses, especially run defenses. I'm curious to see if they can keep it up against Indiana St's run defense. Personally I hope the OC lets NDSU QB Easton Stick open things up a little bit with the pass instead of staying married to the run on 1st and 2nd down because I'm sure the Sycamore defense is going to be selling out to stop the run in the early downs.Stick looked sharp against MSU, NDSU had a bunch of drops, Stick should have probably been 18 or 19 for 21 in that game

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2017, 05:06 AM
Send UpState Bison back to the Carolinas with a jar of honey for me!

Got it!!

dewey
October 3rd, 2017, 07:17 AM
Here is a video preview of the NDSU vs. Indiana State matchup this coming Saturday.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-preps-for-indiana-state/

-Junior linebacker Dan Marlette tore his ACL and is out for the season.
-Former NDSU all time great, Grant Olson, is now the linebacker coach at Indiana State.
-The game two years, coming off the loss to South Dakota and the injury to Carson Wentz, was Easton's first start for NDSU.
-NDSU signed a deal with Cal Poly to play NDSU in 2018. The Bison will have SEVEN games in 2018.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2017, 07:23 AM
Here is a video preview of the NDSU vs. Indiana State matchup this coming Saturday.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-preps-for-indiana-state/

-Senior linebacker Dan Marlette tore his ACL and is out for the season.
-Former NDSU all time great, Grant Olson, is now the linebacker coach at Indiana State.
-The game two years, coming off the loss to South Dakota and the injury to Carson Wentz, was Easton's first start for NDSU.
-NDSU signed a deal with Cal Poly to play NDSU in 2018. The Bison will have SEVEN games in 2018.

DeweyGreat on the Cal Poly deal, got 4 home games in a round to open 2018, and all three of the OOC games might be interesting.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2017, 08:03 AM
4 games in September for the Bison next year... all home games.

Homecoming is probably going to be even weirder next year and be on 9/29 which is the last of three straight weeks of home games (and before they even play their first road game xlolx).

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2017, 09:10 AM
So the forecast says the wind will be out of the southwest. that is directly into the back of our stadium. That makes for some interesting wind on the field. It goes into the completely open back and comes out the front which is about 9' high. It will really mess up your run game xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2017, 09:22 AM
So the forecast says the wind will be out of the southwest. that is directly into the back of our stadium. That makes for some interesting wind on the field. It goes into the completely open back and comes out the front which is about 9' high. It will really mess up your run game xlolx

How many will be at the game?

4K?
5K?

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2017, 09:38 AM
How many will be at the game?

4K?
5K?

i dont understand your hybrid roman numerals. I suspect something like CCVII

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2017, 09:41 AM
in all seriousness 4k would be nice. if it rains 2k. Im not sure how they are counting anymore. we had 4,600is at the EIU game and if I were to compare the size of old crowds, I thought 7-8k so I dont know if we have started a more honest counting or what.

dewey
October 3rd, 2017, 01:21 PM
http://www.gobison.com/news/2017/10/3/football-bison-travel-to-indiana-state-saturday-for-first-of-two-straight-road-games.aspx

THIS WEEK: Second-ranked North Dakota State (4-0, 1-0 MVFC) plays its first of two straight road games this Saturday, Oct. 7, when the Bison face Indiana State (0-4, 0-1 MVFC). Game time is 1 p.m. ET at Memorial Stadium (12,764) in Terre Haute, Ind.

TELEVISION: Coverage begins at 12 p.m. CT on KVLY and the NBC North Dakota network with Brian Shawn calling the play-by-play, Lee Timmerman color analyst, and Ryan Gellner on the sidelines. ESPN3 will carry the game on WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. Pregame coverage hosted by Alex Egan and Beth Hoole begins one hour prior to kickoff.

RADIO: Coverage begins at 11:30 a.m. CT on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network with Jeff Culhane play-by-play, NDSU and Buffalo Bills Hall of Famer Phil Hansen analyst, and NDSU's Jeremy Jorgenson sidelines. A free live audio stream of the Bison Radio Network broadcast is available on GoBison.com/allaccess. Extended coverage locally on 107.9 The Fox, Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 8:30-9:30 a.m. with Brad Jones, "Bison Game Day" from 9:30-11:30 and "Bison Hotline" for 2 hours following the network broadcast with hosts Keith Brake, Chris Hanson and former NDSU defensive end Cole Jirik.

THE SERIES: This is the 10th meeting between North Dakota State and Indiana State since 2008. The Bison lead the series 8-1 and have won four straight including last year's 41-17 victory in Fargo. Indiana State's only win was a 17-14 victory in 2012 in Fargo. NDSU is 4-0 in Terre Haute, where quarterback Easton Stick made his first start for the Bison two years ago. Stick went 9 of 20 for 126 yards with one interception and one touchdown in that game while running 17 times for 124 yards and two scores.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Evolution Prime
October 3rd, 2017, 01:40 PM

Homecoming is probably going to be even weirder next year and be on 9/29 which is the last of three straight weeks of home games (and before they even play their first road game xlolx).

And the Dakota Marker game to kick off the conference slate.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2017, 04:29 PM
in all seriousness 4k would be nice. if it rains 2k. Im not sure how they are counting anymore. we had 4,600is at the EIU game and if I were to compare the size of old crowds, I thought 7-8k so I dont know if we have started a more honest counting or what.

Any suggestions on where to go Friday night for food??

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2017, 04:31 PM
Any suggestions on where to go Friday night for food??

Do you have a type of food in mind?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2017, 04:38 PM
Do you have a type of food in mind?

I'm up for anything!! Not picky!!

Sycamore62
October 3rd, 2017, 04:39 PM

ill link some things when i get home from work

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2017, 04:46 PM
ill link some things when i get home from work

Ill send you a PM with my cell. Give you some "grief" at the tailgate....lol

Redbird 4th & short
October 3rd, 2017, 10:08 PM
I was impressed with Indiana St's run defense. Didn't watch any of the Illinois St game last Saturday but the box score indicated they held the Redbirds to 56 yards on 36 carries (although that looked like it was influenced pretty heavily by sacks on Kolbe and -19 yards of "team rushes"). So far this year the NDSU offense has been clicking on all cylinders most of the time (2nd in the nation averaging nearly 7 yards per carry and 11th in the nation in pass efficiency) but they've played some pretty poor defenses, especially run defenses. I'm curious to see if they can keep it up against Indiana St's run defense. Personally I hope the OC lets NDSU QB Easton Stick open things up a little bit with the pass instead of staying married to the run on 1st and 2nd down because I'm sure the Sycamore defense is going to be selling out to stop the run in the early downs.
very good point on InSU run defense .. it is legit. First, their Massey SOS ranks 4th, while NDSUs ranks 55th. InSU run defense ranks 24th in rush yards per game and moves up to 19th in rush yards per carry .. and have done this against the 4th ranked SOS.

Our OL is young, but we ran just fine against weaker front 7's the first 3 games ... InSU run defense is good and had an extra bye week to prepare for us, and their front 7 was ready for us. That said, we were still up 24-0 at half despite leaving roughly 13 to 21 points on field that half .. WR tripped untouched on way to end zone and we settled for FG, then failed on 3 trips inside the 8 yard line .. once to their credit on failed 4th down, twice due to unforced lost fumbles (RB stretching for end zone and bad snap from backup center). We opened up our pass play book and lit them up since they were stuffing our run.

2nd half, they put us on our heels in Q3 after pick 6 and TD drive in Q3; then typical Spack, we put game on ice rest of way.

Sycamore62
October 4th, 2017, 09:03 AM
the forecast is now 40% chance of rain and 20 mph wind into the back of the stadium. This translates to: 83MPH wind on the field, 60% chance of my wife attending and 40% chance of being on time.

Sycamore62
October 4th, 2017, 03:08 PM

My favorite pizza is at Ballyhoo/Pizza King at 9th at Chestnut (about 2 blocks north of Hulman Center)

http://www.stablessteakhouse.com/ is a pretty nice steakhouse
http://www.moggers-restaurant.com/ is right across the street i think they are owned by the same people

my favorite resturant on earth is Umi Grill http://www.umigrillsushibar.com/ if you like sushi. I recommend the fire roll or cowboy roll. they have a bunch of stuff that isnt on the menu which I found out after going there for years. I dont know why.

http://www.jfordsblackangus.com/ my brother in law likes this place

https://www.rickssmokehouse.com/menu is about a block from the stadium, ive had their stuff. its like most smokehouses and is pretty good, I think they also a booster of the athletic dept.

let me know if there is something else you are looking for or MVCfan could chime in. he probably knows some more places that are off the main drag.

all of your chain restaurants will be near the I70-US41 exit probably 10 blocks north or within sight toward the south

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Can it just be Saturday already? I am already having withdraws.

Sycamore62
October 4th, 2017, 04:07 PM

every week seems to get longer.

If any of you are driving down, you can always stop through my hometown of Casey, IL (est 40 miles west on I70) and see the world's largest: Golf Tee, Wind Chimes, Pitch Fork, knitting needle, mail box and rocking http://www.bigthingssmalltown.com/

you can also eat a Casey's pizza in Casey. Im probably one of the few people on this board who has actually done that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2017, 04:20 PM

Hey fair weather fan, I'll be at the game...will you?

LOL

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Hey fair weather fan, I'll be at the game...will you?

LOL

Some of us have to work xlolx, unless you want to swing by at 3pm on a Friday and pick me up? But yes, I am The Fair Weather Fan.

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2017, 04:29 PM
every week seems to get longer.

If any of you are driving down, you can always stop through my hometown of Casey, IL (est 40 miles west on I70) and see the world's largest: Golf Tee, Wind Chimes, Pitch Fork, knitting needle, mail box and rocking http://www.bigthingssmalltown.com/

you can also eat a Casey's pizza in Casey. Im probably one of the few people on this board who has actually done that.

I go insane during the week. But now that the NHL is back, it will help ease the pain.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 4th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Some of us have to work xlolx, unless you want to swing by at 3pm on a Friday and pick me up? But yes, I am The Fair Weather Fan.

Ill be thru the cities early, like probably around 9 am, so 3 is a little to late.

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Ill be thru the cities early, like probably around 9 am, so 3 is a little to late.

Yeah I tried to take a half day but the boss said 2pm was the earliest, even though his replacement will be there. Would have been fun though.

dewey
October 4th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Here is an article about Indiana State linebacker coach, former NDSU All American linebacker and 3 time National Champion Grant Olson helping to try and turn around the Sycamore program.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4338389-olson-taking-foundation-he-learned-ndsu-football-indiana-state

Dewey

cx500d
October 4th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Here is an article about Indiana State linebacker coach, former NDSU All American linebacker and 3 time National Champion Grant Olson helping to try and turn around the Sycamore program.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4338389-olson-taking-foundation-he-learned-ndsu-football-indiana-state

Dewey

I liked him better when he was at Wyoming!

gregatim
October 5th, 2017, 10:44 AM
I liked him better when he was at Wyoming!

He'll be back at NDSU before too long.

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2017, 12:26 PM
So I guess Klieman was at WIU as a defense coach when our OC Jeff Hecklinski was playing QB there

IBleedYellow
October 5th, 2017, 01:40 PM

Pretty sure he'll be in Bison colors again - just going to take some time.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2017, 01:43 PM

Yeah, he also needs an NDSU defensive coach to leave to make room for him. It's been pretty incredible how well Klieman has held his staff together despite the success they've had. In 4 years he's only lost 2 guys (Cain and Polasek).

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2017, 03:13 PM

He would be a great DC with some more experience.

X-Factor
October 5th, 2017, 03:52 PM
He would be a great DC with some more experience.

Based on what? I'm not arguing, just wondering what possible coaching experience you could be judging him on. I think he has the leadership potential at least.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Based on what? I'm not arguing, just wondering what possible coaching experience you could be judging him on. I think he has the leadership potential at least.
Well, he was mentioned by Bohl as being the smartest player he ever coached. He also seems to be a pretty good communicator based on interviews I saw with him as a player and this last week as an opposing coach and he's charismatic (two time team captain). It takes more to be a great coordinator but those are some pretty good attributes most great coaches share.

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2017, 07:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tgqYWQKBnw

TheKingpin28
October 5th, 2017, 07:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tgqYWQKBnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgSCKXSp9M

???

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2017, 08:18 PM
If he’s as good as you’re saying he wont be either place long

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2017, 08:49 PM

Chaos summed it up for me.

He has a lot of attributes of a good leader.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Looks like it is 871 miles from Fertile to Terre Haute.

Plan on leaving at 4:30 and hitting the road. Should be a piece of cake, drove a load of bees 1100 miles in the semi w/o stopping except for fuel many times....870 in my pickup should be no problem....:Dxthumbsupx

dewey
October 5th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Here is an article from the Tribune Star about Indiana State linebackers coach Grant Olson.

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_college_sports/isu_sports/isu-lb-coach-olson-looks-forward-to-facing-his-alma/article_1179f095-cf0c-5920-a18d-1cbf49ca3a8b.html

Dewey

Bisonoline
October 5th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Looks like it is 871 miles from Fertile to Terre Haute.

Plan on leaving at 4:30 and hitting the road. Should be a piece of cake, drove a load of bees 1100 miles in the semi w/o stopping except for fuel many times....870 in my pickup should be no problem....:Dxthumbsupx

870? Pffft. Piece of cake. Used to do that standing on my head.:D

Was thinking of going with you but Mom called and shes coming over this weekend for 4-5 days.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2017, 09:16 PM
870? Pffft. Piece of cake. Used to do that standing on my head.:D

:D

You're "old school" tough....No doubt in my mind you could...:)xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
October 5th, 2017, 09:24 PM

You're "old school" tough....No doubt in my mind you could...:)xthumbsupx

I gotta admit its getting tougher as I put on the years. It was nothing to drive to Canada from AR. Go fishing for 3 days and dead head back to work on Monday. But now I dont HAVE to do that. Thank goodness.:)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2017, 09:30 PM
I gotta admit its getting tougher as I put on the years. It was nothing to drive to Canada from AR. Go fishing for 3 days and dead head back to work on Monday. But now I dont HAVE to do that. Thank goodness.:)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26234&stc=1

xbowx

xthumbsupx

cx500d
October 5th, 2017, 09:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgSCKXSp9M

???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud4HuAzHEUc

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Prediction for ISUb:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26235&stc=1

NDSUtk
October 5th, 2017, 09:40 PM

Nope, Homecoming is October 20th against Illinois State next year.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Nope, Homecoming is October 20th against Illinois State next year.
Yeah, saw that. Makes sense even if it is later than normal.

UpstateBison
October 6th, 2017, 06:10 AM
Only 604 miles for me. Easy drive later today and in the morning. YSU is only 592 Miles next weekend.

dewey
October 6th, 2017, 06:39 AM
Safe travels finally Bison fans making the trip to Terre Haute.

Dewey

dewey
October 6th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Here is the Monday press conference with Indiana State head coach Curt Mallory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=516&v=hbGYKB8UmaM

Monday press conference with NDSU head coach Chris Klieman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSwiQJbTx4

Dewey

dewey
October 6th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Here is the Gameday Preview for NDSU at Indiana State.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+ndsu+vs+indiana+state+gameday+pre view&&view=detail&mid=581444E399F2130300BA581444E399F2130300BA&FORM=VRDGAR

They mention that NDSU is 35-2 since the beginning of 2011 in any game away from Fargo. Here is a Bison Media Blog post talking about this.
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/a-streak-within-that-streak-of-titles-35-2-away-from-fargo/

My prediction
NDSU 35
Indiana State 10

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2017, 08:15 PM
In Terre Haute and looking forward to the game tomorrow.

It is homecoming here so I wonder if there will be a good crowd tomorrow??

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Knocked off 900 miles today.

GO BISON!!!

Bisonoline
October 6th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Knocked off 900 miles today.

GO BISON!!!

xthumbsupx xsalutex

Have fun. Let us know whats going on down there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2017, 08:26 PM
xthumbsupx xsalutex

Have fun. Let us know whats going on down there.

You bet!!

WTFCollegefootballfan
October 6th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Forecast is for 20mph winds. Could be interesting.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2017, 09:37 PM
LET'S GO BISON!

cx500d
October 6th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Forecast is for 20mph winds. Could be interesting.

Back in the old Dakotah Field days, that would be a calm day. Maybe that's why we ran the veer.

Bisonoline
October 6th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Back in the old Dakotah Field days, that would be a calm day. Maybe that's why we ran the veer.

In TX 20mph is light and variable.

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Its not homecoming and unless you brought 7000 people we wont have 5000

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2017, 03:53 AM
Its not homecoming and unless you brought 7000 people we wont have 5000

Gal at the front desk of the hotel said it was homecoming. Oh well, looking forward to the game later.

GO BISON

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Gal at the front desk of the hotel said it was homecoming. Oh well, looking forward to the game later.

GO BISON

I think its probably parents weekend. Homecoming brings in a lot of people near the game. I suspect thee would be 15k on the property. Depending on the weather and team 4-7k go in for homecoming.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Ill be walking into the stadium around kickoff. I’m still in Charleston right now and its windy as ****

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 11:29 AM
30 minutes to kickoff. Go Bison!

Bisonator
October 7th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Bison by 17, 31-14. Go Bison!

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:06 PM
NDSU won the kickoff and they deferred.

ISUb will start at the 25 due to a touchback

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:07 PM
NDSU section is looking solid. About 1/4 of the stands look to be them.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:10 PM
3 and out for ISUb

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Darius with a nice catch by an underthrown ball. Bison in the RZ.

Schism55
October 7th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Bison TD!! Wentz

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Wentz wide open.

7-0 NDSU

11:05 left in the 1st Q

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 12:22 PM
We are terribly slow starters. And we shoot ourselves in the foot a lot

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:24 PM
We are terribly slow starters. And we shoot ourselves in the foot a lot

Why sweep it, when the offense was making simple, yet effective plays?

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Hey KVLY, what was that?

gsf23nd
October 7th, 2017, 12:27 PM
some nice camera work there..Always wondered what Easton did after he threw a pass downfield...

gsf23nd
October 7th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Why sweep it, when the offense was making simple, yet effective plays?

That's just an offensive coordinator trying to show how "Creative"he is.

cx500d
October 7th, 2017, 12:29 PM
not a hi probability play

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:29 PM
That's just an offensive coordinator trying to show how "Creative"he is.

What do we say to that, "RUN THE DAMN BALL"! :D

Lorne_Malvo
October 7th, 2017, 12:40 PM
This entire production is a damn joke.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:43 PM
IMO, NDSU does not look as good as they should be, but it is 7-0 at the end of the 1st Q. They need to make adjustments if they want to cover the spread.

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Tight Ends for daaayyyyyyyssss

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:53 PM
That was too easy for Wentz

TD NDSU

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Ball is loose and NDSU recovers in the ISUb RZ. Mercadel causes the fumble with his helmet drilling the football.

That should be NDSU ball on the kickoff. Never want to see someone injured, but NDSU looks like they are making their 2nd half adjustments in the 2nd Q.

Hammersmith
October 7th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Bison radio asking why the heck they don't have a cart to take the ISUb player off the field when he obviously needs it.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 12:59 PM
His right foot is sideways. That does not look good. Possible broken ankle. Hope for a speedy recovery.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:03 PM
4th down at the 1yd line.

Another ISUb player is down. What is going on?

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 01:04 PM
3 guys have already been down for Indiana State and the Sycamores top two tacklers.

NDSU 4th and goal at 1.

Dewey

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Bison radio asking why the heck they don't have a cart to take the ISUb player off the field when he obviously needs it.
We have one. Ive never seen them use it

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 01:05 PM

We were just wondering that as well.

Dewey

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 01:05 PM
4th down at the 1yd line.

Another ISUb player is down. What is going on?

possibly a symptom of our lack of size?

Lorne_Malvo
October 7th, 2017, 01:07 PM
We have one. Ive never seen them use it

Props to the young lady that helped carry the player off the field.

TheKingpin28
Dunn is just a beast!

TD Bison

21-0

dewey
TOUCHDOWN Lance Dunn!

His 11th rushing touchdown out of the power I formation.

21 to 0 NDSU leads. 800 to go in the 2nd quarter.

Dewey

Hammersmith
No net in the endzones, so the XP kicks go into the trees. Seems oddly appropriate.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:08 PM
possibly a symptom of our lack of size?

I just feel bad that now 27/28 players are injured. That is just unfathomable.

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Why in the blue hell does someone have a SIOUXAGE hockey jersey on at a NDSU game?

Dewey

TennBison
October 7th, 2017, 01:09 PM
We have one. Ive never seen them use itThey only use it when multiple players are hurt at the same time, that way they save on electricity to charge it up again. Not going to send it out for just one player.

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Are you guys watching this game because Larry Bird is going to shoot some threes at half time. Just asking ����

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys watching this game because Larry Bird is going to shoot some threes at half time. Just asking 👌🏿

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Fumble. Jaylaan Wimbush forces the fumble and Stanley Jones recovers.

NDSU ball at ISU 24.

Dewey

Hammersmith
October 7th, 2017, 01:13 PM
These have been some very short fields for the Bison.

TheKingpin28
Strip sack fumble by Wimbush.

NDSU recovers near the ISUb 20yd line.

dewey
Are you guys watching this game because Larry Bird is going to shoot some threes at half time. Just asking ����

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys watching this game because Larry Bird is going to shoot some threes at half time. Just asking 👌🏿

That might be the highlight of the day for the Sycamores.

Dewey

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 01:15 PM
NDSU field goal is good.

24 to 0.

Dewey

centennial
NDSU is looking like an upper half Big 10 team playing an average FCS team.

CommishBigSmooth
Little bit of a knuckleball into that wind. Nice kick by Cam.
2 TO's= 10 NDSU points.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:16 PM
NDSU drive stalls and they kick a FG

24-0 NDSU

6:18 left in 2nd Q

The wind is very strong and that ball moved at least 7 yards in the air from the spot to the left upright.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 01:17 PM
They only use it when multiple players are hurt at the same time, that way they save on electricity to charge it up again. Not going to send it out for just one player.
Lol. He is on crutches so apparently they knew what they were talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that FG was impressive. Ill bet he aimed at least 1 FG to the right

TennBison
October 7th, 2017, 01:18 PM
I see the medical cart being used.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 01:19 PM
I’m wrong. They just carted him away in the ems cart

Hammersmith
October 7th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Lucky he held on to the ball this time. (the QB sack)

Never mind. Punter took care of it.

TheKingpin28
Lucky he held on to the ball this time.

I thought that ball was going to be swatted on the way down.

CommishBigSmooth
Ouch. Bison get an even shorter field. Take over on the 11 yard line.

Lorne_Malvo
Starting to feel bad for the trees.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Wow, just wow. This is just depressing for the Trees.

Hammersmith
I thought that ball was going to be swatted on the way down.

That's what I was thinking, too. Was surprised when he came up with it.

centennial
I feel bad for Indiana State.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:25 PM
That's what I was thinking, too. Was surprised when he came up with it.

The QB, in the 2nd Q, is getting no help and just praying to not be broken in half each time he gets the ball.

Lorne_Malvo
Really Bruce? Come on man.

Hammersmith
Something finally goes right for the Trees. Unless it becomes a safety and another short field.

CommishBigSmooth
Bison give it right back on the fumble. Bruce needs to be a bit smarter there- he had the first down.

TheKingpin28
Did Bruuuuuuuuce just fumble at the goal line?

Hammersmith
October 7th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Definitely not a safety.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 01:26 PM
....and Trees flip the field, big run for Booker to 50. Nice play.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Big carry for Indiana State.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Bruce went for the kill shot and Booker just opened up the field.

Hammersmith
October 7th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Why accept the penalty? 1st & 20 instead of 2nd & 16. The down is more important than the 4 yards.

Doesn't matter thanks to the facemask.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Wow, Hendricks is Johnny on the spot again. Nice pick.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Wow, Hendricks is Johnny on the spot again. Nice pick.

Hendricks is coming on strong. Finally getting that playing time he deserves, even if it is on the other side of the ball. Bad throw though not seeing the safety help over the top, but a former QB and his high football IQ tremendously helps. No reason to believe he can't be DPOY for the Valley and a potential All-American.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I've really missed a lot during the Proseed halftime with these recent home games, apparently. Yikes, that's bad TV.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Good Bison contingent here. Sitting by Upstatebison....having a good time.

Warm and windy.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Good Bison contingent here. Sitting by Upstatebison....having a good time.

Warm and windy.

Any guesses on how many are there attendance wise?

Schism55
I've really missed a lot during the Proseed halftime with these recent home games, apparently. Yikes, that's bad TV.
Hah! That green screen work is terribad...looks like they were on the surface of saturn

POD Knows
Bison give it right back on the fumble. Bruce needs to be a bit smarter there- he had the first down.Yea, carrying the ball in the right hand on a run to the left side at the goal, that drives me up the ****ing wall.

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Where do we start calling him Jimmy Hendrix?

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Where do we start calling him Jimmy Hendrix?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TapatalkI am in and if I was him, I would have been calling myself that a long time ago. I doubt he knows who Jimi Hendrix is.

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2017, 01:47 PM
I am in and if I was him, I would have been calling myself that a long time ago. I doubt he knows who Jimi Hendrix is.We can't spell it like Jimi did though.

Where's your respect?!?

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 01:49 PM
We can't spell it like Jimi did though.

Where's your respect?!?

Well, yea, OK, I would be good with Jimmy but the guy is balling, so, I would go straight for Jimi and own it.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Any guesses on how many are there attendance wise?

2000?

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 01:52 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26249&stc=1

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Alright, 2nd half is back!

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Easton Stick with a huge run. No safety help in the back and he runs for 44yds

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Nice run by Stick , he is faster that all of the guys on ISU D, and then there is a touchdown, should be 38 to ****ing nothing.

CommishBigSmooth
....and TD. Wow. Ruthlessly efficient.

Sycamore62
Ill bet you cant guess which player’s nickname is toast

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 01:57 PM
31-0

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 01:57 PM
TD Bison!

Dallas Freeman with the seam route

31-0 NDSU

13:42 left in the 3rd Q

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Ill bet you cant guess which player’s nickname is toastI thought you guys were supposed to be good, this game should be 38-0.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Ill bet you cant guess which player’s nickname is toast
Green?

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Allison got lucky that Pugh dropped a 6 point play.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 02:06 PM
I thought you guys were supposed to be good, this game should be 38-0.
I said pre season this was a game we wouldnt win. I thought we had ahots at 7-8 wins

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 02:08 PM
I said pre season this was a game we wouldnt win. I thought we had ahots at 7-8 winsGood luck with that

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2017, 02:10 PM
They are trying to get Dunn the NDSU season touchdown record.

They have to be.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 02:10 PM
They are trying to get Dunn the NDSU season touchdown record.

They have to be.

That was a nice catch by Wentz though.

Good to see Dunn get some TDs though.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 02:12 PM
I said pre season this was a game we wouldnt win. I thought we had ahots at 7-8 winsGood luck with that

Well we lost 2 games on the last play so far

Bisonator
October 7th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Time for the backups. Trees didn't put up much of a fight today.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Time for the backups. Trees didn't put up much of a fight today.

Of course we did. We apparently put up such a fight we sustained great bodily injury in many cases

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 02:16 PM
ISU has no points but the Bison D looks like hell, how is that even possible

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Bison aren't tackling very well, but I guess if you are getting picks like that, it doesn't matter....

dewey
The ball is tipped and intercepted by Jalen Allison.

NDSU ball at their own 30.

38 to 0 540 to go 3rd quarter.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
The weird thing about this, is, how bad must Liberty be for ISUb to do what they did to them and then what NDSU has done to ISUb?

Update: Another INT for the Bison!

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Or illinois state for that matter or the whole OVC

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Not that it matters here but Iowa State is beating Oklahoma.

Bisonator
October 7th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Get the ****ing starters out of there already!

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 02:25 PM
TOUCHDOWN to Ben Ellefson!

Dewey

CommishBigSmooth
It's TE's for TD's all day!

POD Knows
Love the fact that this OC is involving the TE's in the offense.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Or illinois state for that matter or the whole OVC

I am just shocked since I thought ISUb would at least put up a fight. The NDSU defense played a bend not break today, but the offense and defense should be 2nd and 3rd stringers to get valuable reps and prevent injuries for starters.

TD Ellefson

45-0 NDSU

2:42 left in the 3rd Q

TennBison
October 7th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Everyone knows NDSU can run, today NDSU is letting everyone know that we can pass and that our TE's are a weapon.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 02:27 PM

That is how they can keep defense's honest. Helps open up the box for checkdowns and PAs

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Everyone knows NDSU can run, today NDSU is letting everyone know that we can pass and that our TE's are a weapon.This, let them stack the box. I really like what these guys are going on offense.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 02:29 PM
And another pick. Jesus. Dempsey this time.

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Interception by Tre Dempsey.

Put the back ups in.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 02:30 PM
JFC, is ISUb worse than MVSU.

TheKingpin28
Looks like Van Dellen is going to go in next due to Davis still being injured, but they need to protect Stick with Davis still out.

Oh and another INT for the Bison!

Tre Dempsey FTW!

CommishBigSmooth
Stick finally out of there.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Stick was money today,

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 02:32 PM
I really like how Messingham is calling the game.

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 02:35 PM
I really like how Messingham is calling the game.

^^^^^This right here. Messingham's play calling has been very good. Stick has been really sharp.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Good to see Bruuuuuuce redeeming himself after his mishap at the end of the 1st half.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Cofield joins the party. We have a fifty-burger!

dewey
October 7th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Congratulations to Adam Cofield on his first career touchdown.

52 to 0.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Cofield was untouched.

Wow this is just bad.

52-0 NDSU

12:11 left in the the 4th.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 02:53 PM
All this game shows me is that if we had a team of NDSU backups they would still be an above average FCS team. Is the FCOA actually starting to rear it's ugly head. This NDSU team is starting to look as good as 2013 team. (top 20 in all football).

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 02:54 PM
NDSU trying not to run up the score. Punts from the 40.

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2017, 02:55 PM
NDSU is looking like an upper half Big 10 team playing an average FCS team.

exactly right

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 02:56 PM
All this game shows me is that if we had a team of NDSU backups they would still be an above average FCS team. Is the FCOA actually starting to rear it's ugly head. This NDSU team is starting to look as good as 2013 team. (top 20 in all football).I am pissed we didn't go for it on 4th and short and that last possession, **** it, bury teams. We are not as good as the 2013 team, we haven't played anybody yet, keep you powder dry buddy.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Izzo tweets that Jimmy Hendrix is taking snaps- may see him at QB here in garbage time

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Izzo tweets that Jimmy Hendrix is taking snaps- may see him at QB here in garbage timeWell, he completed a pass, I doubt he is our future at QB. We are short at QB now.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 03:03 PM
The only drama left is now will the Trees get on the board with this field position......1:24 left.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 03:03 PM
This will be a bull**** TD if they score, did you see that block in the back on the replay

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:04 PM
This will be a bull**** TD if they score, did you see that block in the back on the replay

Kind of hard to miss since he went flying by after being knocked down.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:05 PM
So now they called targeting on Ziemer?

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Terrible call, JFC

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I am pissed we didn't go for it on 4th and short and that last possession, **** it, bury teams. We are not as good as the 2013 team, we haven't played anybody yet, keep you powder dry buddy.
That is what sucks. We did not play a good team yet, maybe EWU. Ugh. Blowing out FBS teams was fun while it lasted.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Wow NDSU got lucky by forcing a fumble at the goalline and preventing ISUb from scoring this game.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 03:09 PM
That is what sucks. We did not play a good team yet, maybe EWU. Ugh. Blowing out FBS teams was fun while it lasted.Blowing out FBS teams??? Don't get that.

CommishBigSmooth
October 7th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Mercifully over.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Brutal, should have been 70-0.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2017, 03:11 PM

This makes me wonder how bad Liberty really is.

This was just some cutthroat football.

centennial
October 7th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Blowing out FBS teams??? Don't get that.
Iowa State, CMU, CSU, MN. Average FBS team IMO loses to NDSU easily this year. I went to the CU-CSU game, and felt NDSU would take it to both those teams.

POD Knows
October 7th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Iowa State, CMU, CSU, MN. Average FBS team IMO loses to NDSU easily this year. I went to the CU-CSU game, and felt NDSU would take it to both those teams.Yea, you forgot to put in KSU and KU, none of those were really blowouts, a two or three score game is not a blow-out, good win but not a blow out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Indiana State did a lot of run blitzing. Seemed like most 1st downs or obvious run plays they were run blitzing.

Nice turnout of Bison fans at the game, must have been around 500 or so. Pretty quiet ISUb crowd. Tailgate was mediocre at best.

On to YSU.

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2017, 09:12 AM
So whoever mentioned homecoming was kind of right. Rose Hulman had their homecoming this weekend. its a pretty good engineering school with a D3 program

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2017, 09:13 AM

I was thinking we should have had 14 but you probably forgot about those dropped passes by guys who rarely drop passes.

POD Knows
October 9th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I was thinking we should have had 14 but you probably forgot about those dropped passes by guys who rarely drop passes.You could have had a touchdown at the end, I don't remember any other real scoring threat. NDSU had an interception deep in the zone but that was about it.

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2017, 09:38 AM
You could have had a touchdown at the end, I don't remember any other real scoring threat. NDSU had an interception deep in the zone but that was about it.

Allison got lucky that Pugh dropped a 6 point play.

this? and there was one going to the right on the screen that went right through 24's hands earlier i think 1st qtr

POD Knows
October 9th, 2017, 09:40 AM
this? and there was one going to the right on the screen that went right through 24's hands earlier i think 1st qtrI must have been in the can on the one referenced here.

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2017, 09:49 AM
I must have been in the can on the one referenced here.

on the one drop early on its possible im remembering him being farther ahead of the defense but it went right through his hands. we had a lot of drops that I thought we normally dont have.