PDA

View Full Version : Deshaun Watson ... a REAL huMANitarian

Redbird 4th & short
September 28th, 2017, 07:14 AM
Incredible act of kindness by a rookie NFL player .. donated his entire 1st check to 3 cafeteria workers who lost a lot from Hurricane Harvey.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deshaun-watson-donates-pay-check-texans-employees/story?id=50142823

Daytripper
September 28th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Incredible act of kindness by a rookie NFL player .. donated his entire 1st check to 3 cafeteria workers who lost a lot from Hurricane Harvey.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deshaun-watson-donates-pay-check-texans-employees/story?id=50142823

This guy will own Houston...hell, he already does. Much more understated than JJ Watt.

kymoc91
September 28th, 2017, 11:38 AM
I saw what Mr. Watson did on the news, and thought to myself, he really gets it. He understands the impact he can make with the positin he has in life right now.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2017, 11:51 AM
He's been doing charity work and the likes since before he even got to Clemson. The guy is Grade A. I'm defintely a fan of his. Hope he can continue to being an excellent role model for the next generation and continue striving to not only be a great ball player but a great citizen and human being.

BEAR
September 28th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I gotta ask...how much was it? I mean I've never seen a paycheck like the NFL guys get..and I bet because of his kindness it will likely help those he gave it to in a BIG way! Way to go! I know they more than appreciate it! xthumbsupx xbowx

UpstateBison
September 28th, 2017, 12:32 PM
I just heard that Wentz gave his game check to the Eagle's kicker for the made field goal Sunday. They said it was $30k and it was donated to a charity. It was probably not as much as one may think. Still, pretty amazing and kind gesture by Deshaun.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2017, 12:32 PM
I gotta ask...how much was it? I mean I've never seen a paycheck like the NFL guys get..and I bet because of his kindness it will likely help those he gave it to in a BIG way! Way to go! I know they more than appreciate it! xthumbsupx xbowx
The game check Carson Wentz donated this week was like $33,000 and he's also on a rookie deal. I would assume it's in that ballpark.

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2017, 12:35 PM

The game check Carson Wentz donated this week was like $33,000 and he's also on a rookie deal. I would assume it's in that ballpark.
Yeah, I believe it is 1/17th of his yearly base salary. Which according to this (https://overthecap.com/player/deshaun-watson/5596) would make it about $27k.

Very cool gesture by the rook!

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I believe it is 1/17th of his yearly base salary. Which according to this (https://overthecap.com/player/deshaun-watson/5596) would make it about $27k.

I don’t know a whole lot of people donating that percentage of their income like that, that’s for sure. Very cool move. Makes me like Houston a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
September 28th, 2017, 12:57 PM

each of the 3 ladies who worked in the stadium cafeteria got check for about 9,100 .. so correct at about 27k per week for his rookie deal. Granted he got very big signing bonus, but what a great thing to do.

BisonBacker
September 28th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Good on that young man.

ST_Lawson
September 28th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Yea, it says in the article...

"Watson, who has a base salary of $465,000, donated a check for $27,353."

Milktruck74
September 28th, 2017, 01:53 PM
$8.25MM signing bonus. Class Act.

Schism55
September 28th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Good on that young man.
This ^^ Hope the good karma he generated by this comes back to him tenfold.
/hi-5

BisonTru
September 28th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I was a little critical of Watson coming out. His arm strength and the quick spread offense I wasn't sure would translate to the NFL. Seeing some of the New England game, he was tearing it up. Very impressed so far.

Daytripper
September 28th, 2017, 03:24 PM
I was a little critical of Watson coming out. His arm strength and the quick spread offense I wasn't sure would translate to the NFL. Seeing some of the New England game, he was tearing it up. Very impressed so far.

God knows Houston deserves a good quarterback. We haven't had one since Warren Moon.

BisonTru
September 28th, 2017, 03:26 PM
God knows Houston deserves a good quarterback. We haven't had one since Warren Moon.

Houston has always had a good running game and a good defense. I don't know what to think week 1 yall lost to the Jags and then last week you damn near took down NE on the road.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Houston has always had a good running game and a good defense. I don't know what to think week 1 yall lost to the Jags and then last week you damn near took down NE on the road.
Jags are better than everyone thinks.

AFC south is legit this year.

This isnt fcs talk though.

BisonTru
September 28th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Jags are better than everyone thinks.

Probably. They should be. There is so much damn talent on their roster. I don't know how Gus couldn't get it going.

Either way, hanging with NE in NE is tough for any team in the country to do.

Redbird 4th & short
September 28th, 2017, 03:50 PM
uh .. you need to wait your turn. My Chicago Bears are at the front of that line !!!!!

ST_Lawson
September 28th, 2017, 04:00 PM
uh .. you need to wait your turn. My Chicago Bears are at the front of that line !!!!!

Nah man, we're good. We got the "Ginger Giraffe".