PDA

View Full Version : #3 SHSU @ #12 Central Arkansas

Pages : [1] 2

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Going to be a great game by all accounts. Things are certainly interesting anytime we go play on that Awful Turf! xthumbsupx Looking forward to a great game between two good looking football teams.

UCA guys, what do you think the key to victory is for your Bears?

mvfcfan
September 25th, 2017, 10:22 AM
I don't follow the SLC too closely, but close enough to where I know that these two teams are really good.

I'm going to go upset alert and pick UCA by a touchdown, mainly because the game is at UCA and it will be a night game, but this game could easily go SHSU's way.

I'll definitely be following this game on Saturday.

BisonBacker
September 25th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Looking forward to this one myself. I don't see a huge blowout win by either team but suspect SHSU will get by with a 10-14 point win.

Serpentor
September 25th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Looking forward to this one myself. I don't see a huge blowout win by either team but suspect SHSU will get by with a 10-14 point win.

Agreed, Central Arky is a very skilled team and they usually play very well on their home field. It's the curse of those ugly purple and grey stripes!

BEAR
September 25th, 2017, 11:04 AM
UCA's Keys to victory:

1. Eliminate Briscoe- We all saw what happened in the JMU game when Briscoe was hurt. NOT that I am looking to get him hurt, don't look at it like I'm saying that in the least...but pressure him enough that the Bears take away much of that potent passing game.

2. Quit turning it over- UCA had two critical EARLY turnovers last year that put them in a hole. You can't do that when you are playing a team averaging nearly 600 yards offense per game..and like 50 points.

3. Establish the run game- If the Kats aren't on the field, they can't score. Problem with that is they score so quickly..especially against us last year.

4. Hopefully coach has looked at enough video of Briscoe's tendencies that he's figured out that if he's going to pass it, he tends to not even look toward the RBs. But that's just an observation from a amateur fan.

5. If the Bears happen to get down a couple of TDs, don't quit. EVER.

6. Keep the BIG PLAY to a minimum. Kats had 4 or 5 of those last year that went for scores. If we can't cover that then its better to commit pass interference and give them 15 then let them catch it and go for a TD. Yeah it might be delaying an eventual TD, but at least the clock is ticking and not as many points will be scored.

7. The newbies have to show up on defense in the secondary. UCA may lose this game and run the rest of the games and make the playoffs but eventually they will run into another team that resembles the Kats and have to play pass defense. Why not get it right now..or at least work on it more.

I don't think Sam fans will see many Bear fans at the game mocking Kat fans and saying the Bears will win this one. We know it will be tough with the TYPE of matchup we are facing. That's just the truth. But I do look forward to making it a better game than last year...and hopefully a sneak-by win at home.

Daytripper
September 25th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I'm expecting a high scoring, relatively close game. If SHSU can play both sides of the ball like they did v. Nicholls, I like our chances.

BEAR
September 25th, 2017, 11:08 AM
The SLC posts the media guide for televised games today. But somehow they already have next week's games TV schedules....xlolx

Bison56
September 25th, 2017, 11:18 AM
I will be changing my TV setting to black and white so I can watch this game.

dewey
September 25th, 2017, 11:22 AM
I will be closely watching the Yahoo app on my phone for this game.

Dewey

POD Knows
September 25th, 2017, 11:26 AM
It will be a blow-out, SHSU wins by 20+, UCA are posers.

BEAR
September 25th, 2017, 11:33 AM

Won't do you any good. I won't stop the seizures. But here's some important information to print out BEFORE you watch. Make sure you give it to friends and family so they can apply it to your situation...

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/data/Journals/JAMA/927619/m_jpg130059fa.png

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 12:07 PM
X100. This and EWU's field give me a headache like a 5th of bourban.

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Mistress and I chartered a plane with friends. Flying into Conway. Oil hit $50 today so eff it.

Schism55
September 25th, 2017, 12:15 PM
I will be closely watching the Yahoo app on my phone for this game.

Dewey
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26125&stc=1

BEAR
September 25th, 2017, 12:56 PM
So if SHSU blows UCA out the water...then Sammy plays in a weak conference and shouldn't be ranked high. If they don't then they are pretenders that don't deserve to be ranked that high?

If UCA wins by a small margin its an upset of epic proportions..if UCA wins by a LARGE margin, then BOTH teams drop in the polls drastically because it proves the SLC is soft.

Let me see if I've covered all the scenarios....xlolx
Anymore? I've got the lines out there.....waiting on a bite...xeyebrowxxlolx

Bison56
September 25th, 2017, 01:19 PM
It will be a blow-out, SHSU wins by 20+, UCA are posers.

Book it?

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 01:19 PM
xcoffeex

So if SHSU blows UCA out the water...then Sammy plays in a weak conference and shouldn't be ranked high. If they don't then they are pretenders that don't deserve to be ranked that high?

If UCA wins by a small margin its an upset of epic proportions..if UCA wins by a LARGE margin, then BOTH teams drop in the polls drastically because it proves the SLC is soft.

BEAR
September 25th, 2017, 02:15 PM
xcoffeex

xlolx

POD Knows
September 25th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Book it?Nah, don't have a dog in this fight, this is my honest opinion. I don't care who wins.

Katfan
September 25th, 2017, 04:40 PM

Well since you put it that way, you guys should just let us blow you out of the water.

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 04:44 PM
I don't follow the SLC too closely, but close enough to where I know that these two teams are really good.

I'm going to go upset alert and pick UCA by a touchdown, mainly because the game is at UCA and it will be a night game, but this game could easily go SHSU's way.

I'll definitely be following this game on Saturday.

Appreciate the hate-less unbiased observation. Very likely outcome.

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Prediction:
SHSU-41
UCA-26

I think the Bearkat Defense has caught its stride and looks like they may be able to play a complete game. The offense will be healthy for this game and Yedi Lewis will be 100% which adds a whole new problem for UCA. Look for Hall to come up big, either tipped ball causing interception or a strip sack to turn the tide early in the game. UCA is a solid team, but the Kats prove themselves against a worthy opponent.

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 04:47 PM

D. All of the above.

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Kats 38 Barrs 35

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 04:56 PM
keeler: Briscoe!! what is best in life?

briscoe: Crush your enemies with yedi and nate and Davis and avery and bulmer.

See PJ drive them before you.

Hear the lamentation of AGS haters.

keeler: That is right! you start again this week.

BisonTru
September 25th, 2017, 05:01 PM
keeler: Briscoe!! what is best in life?

briscoe: Crush your enemies with yedi and nate and Davis and avery and bulmer.

See PJ drive them before you.

Hear the lamentation of AGS haters.

keeler: That is right! you start again this week.

It seems Briscoes starting job is awfully close to the chopping block. Is Sammy going to go full-UNI?

The Pud
September 25th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Looking forward to this matchup since last year! UCA is a playoff caliber team who always plays tough at home.

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Agreed. I think regardless UCA wins some playoff games this year.

Looking forward to this matchup since last year! UCA is a playoff caliber team who always plays tough at home.

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 06:35 PM
It seems Briscoes starting job is awfully close to the chopping block. Is Sammy going to go full-UNI?

Most likely. He didn't throw 7 tds yet so he should be replaced

TheRevSFA
September 25th, 2017, 06:36 PM
While I'd love to see UCA win just to shake the conference up some, I don't think it happens.

Sam by 14

Panther88
September 25th, 2017, 06:41 PM
I'm curious if Javin has that breakout 150+ yd game I know he's capable of. It would be neat to see him, Avery, and Bulmer explode for what they are very capable of.

Daytripper
September 25th, 2017, 07:30 PM
I'm curious if Javin has that breakout 150+ yd game I know he's capable of. It would be neat to see him, Avery, and Bulmer explode for what they are very capable of.

It is a stable of running backs. I don't think any of them can reach their full potential at Sam because they are rotated out so much. Most running backs need consistent touches to get into a groove. They are all good, but nobody really knows it.

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 07:51 PM
I'd like to see them stick with one back for the most part as well. Would be tough deciding though. Back up QB didn't look bad against the colonels. How in the back half of the year he can get lots of reps.

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 08:10 PM
While I'd love to see UCA win just to shake the conference up some, I don't think it happens.

Sam by 14

I try so hard to fall in love with you but damn it you just won't let me. You just won't allow it to happen.

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 08:12 PM
I'd like to see them stick with one back for the most part as well. Would be tough deciding though. Back up QB didn't look bad against the colonels. How in the back half of the year he can get lots of reps.

I honestly like the fresh leg strategy. If we had three healthy backs come playoffs that could mean a lot to us.

TheRevSFA
September 25th, 2017, 09:28 PM
I try so hard to fall in love with you but damn it you just won't let me. You just won't allow it to happen.

You wish you knew how to quit me?

cx500d
September 25th, 2017, 09:33 PM

If UCA wins by a small margin or..if UCA wins by a LARGE margin, then BOTH teams drop in the polls drastically because it proves the SLC is soft and Sammy is a pretender

Fyp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serpentor
September 25th, 2017, 09:33 PM
I honestly like the fresh leg strategy. If we had three healthy backs come playoffs that could mean a lot to us.

Agreed. I like keeping the defense guessing who's gonna get the ball each play.

Daytripper
September 25th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Agreed. I like keeping the defense guessing who's gonna get the ball each play.

Any of them could rush for a Benjamin in any given game if they got the touches.

The Pud
September 25th, 2017, 09:52 PM

I love how hard Javin runs down hill. This kid is a beast! I believe he is only a JR, and will be back next year!

Serpentor
September 25th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Any of them could rush for a Benjamin in any given game if they got the touches.

Without a doubt.

Schism55
September 25th, 2017, 10:24 PM
SHSU is an early 3.5 pt favorite...Looks like I'll be riding the 'kats again to more $$ xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 25th, 2017, 10:59 PM
I've been higher on the Bears relative to most people (Top 10 from the start). Not sure if UCA wins but this should be a really competitive game.

BEAR
September 25th, 2017, 11:15 PM
I feel good about the Bears offense. We got 421 yards of offense against Kansas State with 223 of that coming on the ground with 90 plays total. Turnovers killed us there too. I don't consider Sammy to be on the level of K State but they are different in the fact they throw it a heck of a lot more. I think it will be a good game but win or lose the Bears have to finish out the season with wins.

milleniumkat
September 26th, 2017, 06:56 AM
I love how hard Javin runs down hill. This kid is a beast! I believe he is only a JR, and will be back next year!

Webb, Bulmer and Brown will all be seniors next season. And i liked what i saw from this guy during the fall.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170926/e767c0a362b526518185b93bbc0a95b8.jpg

With a good recruit or two we will be set for another couple of years. This would be my only concern with the "non-feature back" scenario. Seems like it may be difficult to sell decent recruits on a time share situation at an FCS school. Most kids want the promise to be "the man". Who knows.

Daytripper
September 26th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Webb, Bulmer and Brown will all be seniors next season. And i liked what i saw from this guy during the fall.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170926/e767c0a362b526518185b93bbc0a95b8.jpg

With a good recruit or two we will be set for another couple of years. This would be my only concern with the "non-feature back" scenario. Seems like it may be difficult to sell decent recruits on a time share situation at an FCS school. Most kids want the promise to be "the man". Who knows.

I bet his size kept him from getting FBS offers, especially considering his HS stats... about 11 yards per carry his senior year.

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Absolutely. Recruit football players not measurable so. The best linebacker SHSU has had in the past 7 years was Fielo who was absolutely undersized and could have played on any College football team at any level.

I bet his size kept him from getting FBS offers, especially considering his HS stats... about 11 yards per carry his senior year.

BEAR
September 26th, 2017, 08:15 AM
UCA has some RBs that came out of high school touted:

#23 Carlos Blackman 6'1" 240

High School: played at Gosnell (Ark.) High School... 2012 conference champions... 2013 conference champions... 2014 conference champions... 2014 first-team All-Conference... 2015 first-team All-Conference... 2015 first-team All-State... academic honor roll...
269 points scored in 2015 regular season (most in Arkansas)...
2,368 rushing yards...
avg. 12 yards per carry...
averaged 215.3 yards per game...
scored 38 total touchdowns, including 97-yard run...
scored six TDs in a game three times...

Kierre Crossley 5'8" 168

High School: played at Everman (Texas) High School... 2015 All-State team... 2015 All-District team... 2015 district's leading rusher... 2015 district Most Valuable Player... junior Olympian five straight years in track and field...
7,009 career rushing yards on 775 carries...
175.2 rushing yards per game...
88 rushing touchdowns...
9.0 yards per rush...
rushed for over 3,000 yards as a junior, second in the nation... 24/7 Sports 2-star rated...
#114 running back in the nation... Rivals 2-star rated

But I'm more concerned with the pass defense. xthumbsupx

The Pud
September 26th, 2017, 08:28 AM
UCA's Carlos Blackman, #23, looks like a beast at 6'1" 240lbs! He is a starter?

BEAR
September 26th, 2017, 08:31 AM

Yeah. Him and Kierre are averaging 5 yards a rush. He's the thunder while Kierre is the lightning. But we use 8 different rushers a game so stats aren't there for either. We also use Jarvis Cooper, who played for Memphis, he's 6'1" and 235.

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 09:44 AM
If Central ark can run the football this will be a ball game, if SHSU plays D like they did against Nicholls this could be a long game for UCA. I suspect they will have some success and this will be a ballgame!

Sammy94
September 26th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Absolutely. Recruit football players not measurable so. The best linebacker SHSU has had in the past 7 years was Fielo who was absolutely undersized and could have played on any College football team at any level.

And probably would have had he not intentionally hit a ref in a high school game.

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Na he wouldnt have. He didnt have any major college offers before the incident. He had offers but the FBS offers he had on the table were not as good of a option as the KATS!

And probably would have had he not intentionally hit a ref in a high school game.

milleniumkat
September 26th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Yeah. Him and Kierre are averaging 5 yards a rush. He's the thunder while Kierre is the lightning. But we use 8 different rushers a game so stats aren't there for either. We also use Jarvis Cooper, who played for Memphis, he's 6'1" and 235.

Please don't call your RBs "Thunder and Lightning" anymore. lol. Please don't.

milleniumkat
September 26th, 2017, 11:17 AM

Yes...just like last year.

POD Knows
September 26th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Please don't call your RBs "Thunder and Lightning" anymore. lol. Please don't.
"Shake and Bake" ?

Daytripper
September 26th, 2017, 11:24 AM
"Shake and Bake" ?

"Franks and Beans?"

BEAR
September 26th, 2017, 11:37 AM
"Franks and Beans?"

Bang and zip?

Bison56
September 26th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Bang and zip?

Tongue and groove?

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Tits and Ass?

Serpentor
September 26th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Woodward and Bernstein?

Daytripper
September 26th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Leopold and Loeb?

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Starskey and Hutch
Tom and Jerry
ok I've had enough.....

McNeese75
September 26th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Sodom and Gomorrah

Sammy94
September 26th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Humpty Dumpty

McNeese72
September 26th, 2017, 04:29 PM
The Hulk and the Flash

Doc

milleniumkat
September 26th, 2017, 06:54 PM
"Shake and Bake" ?

Don't bring Ricky and Cal into this.

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 05:40 AM
Is it Saturday yet? At least there will be College Football on tomorrow.

POD Knows
September 27th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Don't bring Ricky and Cal into this.That just happened.

BEAR
September 27th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Anyone know the point spread on this one?

xeyebrowx

McNeese75
September 27th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Anyone know the point spread on this one?

xeyebrowx

SHSU -3 1/2

BEAR
September 27th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Any injuries we should know about on the Sammy side?

UCA is without the services of first team OL Stockton Mallet, SR DE Cardell Best, and I heard a couple of the WRs are banged up. Hopefully two weeks off will give them time to heal but it depends on the injuries. Mallett and Best are out all year.

Serpentor
September 27th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Any injuries we should know about on the Sammy side?

UCA is without the services of first team OL Stockton Mallet, SR DE Cardell Best, and I heard a couple of the WRs are banged up. Hopefully two weeks off will give them time to heal but it depends on the injuries. Mallett and Best are out all year.

We had most of our starters out midway through the 3rd quarter, so none of any serious note. Some players may be playing secretly hurt, you know how that is...

BEAR
September 27th, 2017, 12:00 PM
It's Family Weekend on campus: But don't start tailgating until TWO because that's against the rules. Also when they block off the road in front of the stadium going from west to east except for those cars and trucks that go around the barricades and nearly hit your family playing in the protected area, just brush it off. xlolx Also ignore the construction to the roads IN the tailgate areas. Pretend they aren't there. If you would rather tailgate with the fans and not the businesses, avoid the areas next to the field and Farris Center...that's where they hang out. As for the family weekend stuff:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26165&stc=1

Let me suggest the planetarium if you are in town Friday. Amazing.

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Yedi is not 100%. Should be close to it by Saturday. Besides that everyone got pretty healthy during off week.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 27th, 2017, 12:34 PM

You could have 5 RBs healthy and its not going to help you against NDSU or JMU

Daytripper
September 27th, 2017, 12:37 PM

Wow. Hijacking another SHSU thread to troll.....

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 27th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Wow. Hijacking another SHSU thread to troll.....

Wait..............trolling bothers SHSU?

It wasnt a troll its a ****ing fact, enjoy your regular season and either of those teams will wipe the smug prick off SHSU faces. (If you make it that far)

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Cmon man.... hey at least we play these schools almost every year deep in the playoffs... ouch...

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Soo we always make it that far.... go home your drunk. Call me when y'all win a playoff game past the 2nd round again.

It wasnt a troll its a ****ing fact, enjoy your regular season and either of those teams will wipe the smug prick off SHSU faces. (If you make it that far)

Serpentor
September 27th, 2017, 12:54 PM

Funny to watch you live vicariously through other teams because you know we'd beat your team like a red-headed stepchild again, just like last time.

Daytripper
September 27th, 2017, 12:57 PM

Man, anger projection much? We will enjoy the playoffs... You, on the other hand....

cx500d
September 27th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Some SHSU posters may be secretly hurt, you know how that is...

FYP

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 27th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Funny to watch you live vicariously through other teams because you know we'd beat your team like a red-headed stepchild again, just like last time.

Wont even deny it, we are the worst thing in college football and its only gonna get worse. Now quit talking about Montana and get back to your game this week

Serpentor
September 27th, 2017, 01:00 PM
FYP

Hold on, hold on, I got something for this... *farts in your face*

alvin.kmiec
September 27th, 2017, 07:05 PM

He has to have something to do since Montana isn't even in the rankings. I bet he doesn't even remember what happened to his team the last time they was in Huntsville.

alvin.kmiec
September 27th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Wont even deny it, we are the worst thing in college football and its only gonna get worse. Now quit talking about Montana and get back to your game this week

I heard Charmin has come out with a new softer toilet paper. They named it after the Grizzlies since they are much softer.😜

BisonTru
September 27th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I heard Charmin has come out with a new softer toilet paper. They named it after the Grizzlies since they are much softer.

Have you guys already trademarked "Sammy's Defense?"

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 27th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I heard Charmin has come out with a new softer toilet paper. They named it after the Grizzlies since they are much softer.😜

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDid you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

alvin.kmiec
September 27th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Have you guys already trademarked "Sammy's Defense?"

I sure don't want to trademark the defense y'all faced in 2012. I still have nightmares of that game.

alvin.kmiec
September 27th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Did you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did y'all trademark y'all's?

BisonTru
September 27th, 2017, 07:47 PM
I sure don't want to trademark the defense y'all faced in 2012. I still have nightmares of that game.

The one we put up 39 points on? Yeah I still have nightmares. xrolleyesx

BEAR
September 27th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Another p-sing match between two teams not even playing each other Saturday. Nice. xsmhxxsmhx

alvin.kmiec
September 27th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Another p-sing match between two teams not even playing each other Saturday. Nice. xsmhxxsmhx

One of these day I am going to Conway and see the KATS and Bears play. But these dang kids of my always have something going the weekend we always play y'all. One has a Cross County meet and the other has a Volleyball game.😖

McCowboys
September 27th, 2017, 07:57 PM

I feel ya, Bear! It's usually a Bison fan, but now they're joined by a Griz. Maybe someday people will stick to the x's and o's and matchups of the two teams.

BisonTru
September 27th, 2017, 08:01 PM

I was trying to stick to making fun of Sammy.

I think the Bears pull out the win. The Bears have a defense. That's something Sammy's not use to.

alvin.kmiec
September 27th, 2017, 08:03 PM
I feel ya, Bear! It's usually a Bison fan, but now they're joined by a Griz. Maybe someday people will stick to the x's and o's and matchups of the two teams.

That's like saying Democratic's and Republicans working together to make things better. It will never happen.

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Its funny man. Your existence is telling the world SHSU sucks. Without this board you probably have to come to the realization you live in your moms basement and whack it to anime. We'd like to talk about the game. If you don't. Get lost, there is a SHSU sucks smack thread. Go there.

I was trying to stick to making fun of Sammy.

I think the Bears pull out the win. The Bears have a defense. That's something Sammy's not use to.

BisonTru
September 27th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Its funny man. Your existence is telling the world SHSU sucks. Without this board you probably have to come to the realization you live in your moms basement and whack it to anime. We'd like to talk about the game. If you don't. Get lost, there is a SHSU sucks smack thread. Go there.

I am sweetheart.

UCA's defense is probably the best you've faced all year and probably the best you'll face till the playoffs. That's my opinion. Run back to your home board if you don't like my view from outside of your orange glasses, pal.

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 08:32 PM
I respect that view no problem. It's the other garbage that bakes you a D Bag. I agree a very good defense. Should be a heck of a game. Considering they are coming off a bye and had two weeks to prepare as well, this game will be a true test and we will have to play our absolute best to come away with a win.

I am sweetheart.

UCA's defense is probably the best you've faced all year and probably the best you'll face till the playoffs. That's my opinion. Run back to your home board if you don't like my view from outside of your orange glasses, pal.

McCowboys
September 27th, 2017, 08:33 PM
A few days before the HBU/McNeese game, this article was in the Houston Chronicle, a comparison of the teams. http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/article/Breaking-down-HBU-vs-McNeese-State-12215908.php That would be cool to see, along with turnover margin, time of possession, etc. Maybe a Sammy fan can provide the info for the Bearkats and Bear can do the same for the Bears.
I was so excited this past weekend to be able to have the McNeese game on TV and the Sam Houston/Nicholls game on the laptop. But it turned out to be a slaughter. I am hoping for a close, well-contested game.

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I'll work up the SHSU stats early am if no one has by then.

A few days before the HBU/McNeese game, this article was in the Houston Chronicle, a comparison of the teams. http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/article/Breaking-down-HBU-vs-McNeese-State-12215908.php That would be cool to see, along with turnover margin, time of possession, etc. Maybe a Sammy fan can provide the info for the Bearkats and Bear can do the same for the Bears.
I was so excited this past weekend to be able to have the McNeese game on TV and the Sam Houston/Nicholls game on the laptop. But it turned out to be a slaughter. I am hoping for a close, well-contested game.

BEAR
September 27th, 2017, 08:43 PM
I'll work up the UCA stats...

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 08:45 PM
The vaunted defense that gave up 450 yards to JMU last year and 44 points (550 yards) to EWU? I get it. We got blasted by JMU as well but you didn't exactly shine. They had over 200 yards rushing on y'all as well. Wouldn't call that "shut down." Actually when y'all played quality OOC teams last year they had over 450 yards of offense on you. Maybe the MVFC was a little overrated? YSU didn't fare much better against JMU either.

The one we put up 39 points on? Yeah I still have nightmares. xrolleyesx

BisonTru
September 27th, 2017, 08:49 PM
I respect that view no problem. It's the other garbage that bakes you a D Bag. I agree a very good defense. Should be a heck of a game. Considering they are coming off a bye and had two weeks to prepare as well, this game will be a true test and we will have to play our absolute best to come away with a win.

You're not as bad as the Pud and MK but I've seen you throw your fair share of smack around here as well. I have no issues with a little smack, but don't get teary eyed when it comes back at ya. xthumbsupx

As for the game, I've been critical and still am of IMHO a weak Southland conference. UCA as well as Sammy are the outliers. The Bears have looked impressive outside of a kinda expected beatdown by KState. It's the best offense meets the best defense. I am a fan of defense. So that's where I'm rooting, but time will tell.

McCowboys
September 27th, 2017, 08:53 PM
I'll work up the SHSU stats early am if no one has by then.

Excellent!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll work up the UCA stats...

Super!

BisonTru
September 27th, 2017, 08:54 PM
The vaunted defense that gave up 450 yards to JMU last year and 44 points (550 yards) to EWU? I get it. We got blasted by JMU as well but you didn't exactly shine. They had over 200 yards rushing on y'all as well. Wouldn't call that "shut down." Actually when y'all played quality OOC teams last year they had over 450 yards of offense on you. Maybe the MVFC was a little overrated? YSU didn't fare much better against JMU either.

We got our asses handed to us by JMU. It is unacceptable and we will see if this team can build us back to the national stage. Now we can talk about the Bison if ya want, but there's another thread for that if you would like. I haven't brought up my own team except when others did first.

BNATION
September 27th, 2017, 08:56 PM
On another note they found a dead body next to the SHSU golf course Ravens Nest. Looks to have been there for some time. Maybe it's our defense from 2011. xcoolx UCA Beware!

BEAR
September 27th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Excellent!

- - - Updated - - -

Super!

Im not including the Kansas State game. Not exactly a true FCS v FCS stat even though we got over 400 yards on them, it's just not the same.

BNATION
September 28th, 2017, 07:35 AM
SHSU OFFENSE-SHSU is averaging 53 points per/game thru 3 games this season outscoring opponents 109-40 in the first half. They are averaging 574 yards per/game, 220 on the ground and 354 through the air. J. Briscoe has 1049 total yards and 11 total TD's through 3 games (1 rushing/10 passing), he also only has 2 INT on the season. RUSHING-Remus Bulmer is leading the way and is averaging 9.3 yards per/rush and 2 TD's. RECEIVING-Nathan Stewart has 344 receiving yards and 4 TD's thus far. D Davis is right behind him with 314 yards and 3 TD's. Yedi Lewis will be back to full health and should add yet another weapon.

SHSU DEFENSE-The defense leaves something to be desired through 3 games although they put on a superb performance against Nicholls. Through 3 games the stats are as follows. Giving up on average 469 YPG, 191 on the ground and 278 through the air. Opponents have a 36% 3rd down efficiency and 75% Redzone efficiency. they have combined for 7 sacks and 8 total turnovers and lead the turnover battle 5-8. Defensive leaders through 3 games include LB Justin Johnson with 23 tackles 3FL, and Safety Josh Price with 16 tackles and 2 ints. The return of PJ Hall should make a impact in this game.

SHSU KEYS TO VICTORY-SHSU's Keys to victory are as follows...

1. Win the turnover battle....
SHSU has to win the turnover battle to secure a road win in a hostile environment. Turnovers are key to taking the wind out of the crowd and will keep momentum in their favor.

2. 3rd down...
The Kats have to get off the field on third down. If they keep UCA below 35% on 3rd down they will secure a win.

3. Keep scoring...
2nd half scoring will decide this one, Sammy must score to win this game and give their defense a breather. 3 and outs kills your D especially when you score as fast as Sammy.

4. Running the football.
Sammy must slow down the run attack from UCA, and have one of their own as well. Giving their D a break will spell W late in this game..

5. Execute Execute Execute!
The Kats must execute, keep penalties down and play their game. UCA will have had two weeks to prepare and executing their offense will be very important against a very well coached team and defense.

BEAR
September 28th, 2017, 08:36 AM
I have to get my info after my docs appt this morning. Be back soon.

Those SHSU stats are scary. :(

Sammy94
September 28th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Game notes

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/2017_SHSU_FB_Game_Notes_UCA.pdf?&&&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900&_ga=2.12690101.380733840.1506605952-560096924.1478791373

BNATION
September 28th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Well that sure would have been easier hahaha. xdrunkyx

Game notes

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/19900/pdf/2017_SHSU_FB_Game_Notes_UCA.pdf?&&&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900&_ga=2.12690101.380733840.1506605952-560096924.1478791373

Daytripper
September 28th, 2017, 09:36 AM
SHSU OFFENSE-SHSU is averaging 53 points per/game thru 3 games this season outscoring opponents 109-40 in the first half. They are averaging 574 yards per/game, 220 on the ground and 354 through the air. J. Briscoe has 1049 total yards and 11 total TD's through 3 games (1 rushing/10 passing), he also only has 2 INT on the season. RUSHING-Remus Bulmer is leading the way and is averaging 9.3 yards per/rush and 2 TD's. RECEIVING-Nathan Stewart has 344 receiving yards and 4 TD's thus far. D Davis is right behind him with 314 yards and 3 TD's. Yedi Lewis will be back to full health and should add yet another weapon.

SHSU DEFENSE-The defense leaves something to be desired through 3 games although they put on a superb performance against Nicholls. Through 3 games the stats are as follows. Giving up on average 469 YPG, 191 on the ground and 278 through the air. Opponents have a 36% 3rd down efficiency and 75% Redzone efficiency. they have combined for 7 sacks and 8 total turnovers and lead the turnover battle 5-8. Defensive leaders through 3 games include LB Justin Johnson with 23 tackles 3FL, and Safety Josh Price with 16 tackles and 2 ints. The return of PJ Hall should make a impact in this game.

SHSU KEYS TO VICTORY-SHSU's Keys to victory are as follows...

1. Win the turnover battle....
SHSU has to win the turnover battle to secure a road win in a hostile environment. Turnovers are key to taking the wind out of the crowd and will keep momentum in their favor.

2. 3rd down...
The Kats have to get off the field on third down. If they keep UCA below 35% on 3rd down they will secure a win.

3. Keep scoring...
2nd half scoring will decide this one, Sammy must score to win this game and give their defense a breather. 3 and outs kills your D especially when you score as fast as Sammy.

4. Running the football.
Sammy must slow down the run attack from UCA, and have one of their own as well. Giving their D a break will spell W late in this game..

5. Execute Execute Execute!
The Kats must execute, keep penalties down and play their game. UCA will have had two weeks to prepare and executing their offense will be very important against a very well coached team and defense.

I think [hope] what makes this season's Kats more dangerous is the ability to run the ball. Our defense will never be dominant, but if we can eat up clock by running the ball, it will limit the number of offensive possessions for the opponent and give our defense more time to breathe.

McNeese75
September 28th, 2017, 09:39 AM
I think [hope] what makes this season's Kats more dangerous is the ability to run the ball. Our defense will never be dominant, but if we can eat up clock by running the ball, it will limit the number of offensive possessions for the opponent and give our defense more time to breathe.

xlolx Telling Briscoe to slow down and hand the ball off instead of passing is going to be like telling a crack head to take it easy and wait until tomorrow.

Serpentor
September 28th, 2017, 10:07 AM
xlolx Telling Briscoe to slow down and hand the ball off instead of passing is going to be like telling a crack head to take it easy and wait until tomorrow.

"Okay Briscoe, we have the lead! We're going to need you to slow down the offense..."

"So... you only want me to throw it 40 yards at a time then?"

BEAR
September 28th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Here's UCA's game notes:

http://www.ucasports.com/custompages/2017%20FB%20MEDIA%20GUIDE-GAME%20NOTES/UCA-SLU%20FB%20NOTES%202017.pdf

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26173&stc=1

BEAR
September 28th, 2017, 10:49 AM
If Sammy has a better run game this year, I think that will be the big difference in many games they play. They already expose weak pass defenses but to keep the dlines guessing and honest they run the ball too? xeekx Yikes. If they can get that defense shored up...lookout. xthumbsupx

Daytripper
September 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM
If Sammy has a better run game this year, I think that will be the big difference in many games they play. They already expose weak pass defenses but to keep the dlines guessing and honest they run the ball too? xeekx Yikes. If they can get that defense shored up...lookout. xthumbsupx

That is the yet unrealized dream...xchinscratchx

McCowboys
September 28th, 2017, 01:41 PM

BNation, thank you for you post. I wrote a longer response, but lost my connection and my post. I am impressed that the 'Kats only have thrown two interceptions!

Daytripper, I had also commented that the 'Kats running game has improved. Have a lead late and be able to control the clock would be good.

I don't know about y'all, but every game (except for last year), the games between the Cowboys and Bears has been crazy with all sorts of momentum swings and bizarre plays, even more on their crazy field. But the Cowboys were the first conference foe to pick up a win there, and if I'm not mistaken, have won two in a row up there.

McCowboys
September 28th, 2017, 01:44 PM

The Dunkel Index, Massey, and the Vegas line all show a close game of 1 to 3 points.

BEAR
September 28th, 2017, 01:46 PM
The Dunkel Index, Massey, and the Vegas line all show a close game of 1 to 3 points.

Man I was realistic last year. Sammy's pass game is too much for UCA's weak pass defense. I'm hoping Sammy chooses to run it more this game so it won't be a blowout. If only we could get a good pass defense against rare extreme passing teams like Sammy, EWU, and Samford.

BEAR
September 28th, 2017, 01:55 PM
You watch these kids play against each other then you forget they likely played WITH and AGAINST each other in high school.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26174&stc=1

BEAR
September 28th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Looking at some of the predictions for this game on various sites has it a close one but with the Kats winning. xeyebrowx

Nickels
September 28th, 2017, 02:30 PM
If the Kats go into Conway and play like they did in PV or Waco, UCA wins. If the Kat team from last weekend shows up, frankly it'll be a blowout. UCA is a great team and program but simply doesn't have the personnel to cover Yedi, Nathan, Davion, the TEs and RBs. Too many healthy weapons.

UCA needs to run the ball, control the clock and keep the Kat O off the field and out of rhythm if they want to have a chance in this one.

BEAR
September 28th, 2017, 03:18 PM
If the Kats go into Conway and play like they did in PV or Waco, UCA wins. If the Kat team from last weekend shows up, frankly it'll be a blowout. UCA is a great team and program but simply doesn't have the personnel to cover Yedi, Nathan, Davion, the TEs and RBs. Too many healthy weapons.

UCA needs to run the ball, control the clock and keep the Kat O off the field and out of rhythm if they want to have a chance in this one.

And avoid costly early turnovers that killed us last year....

Katfan
September 28th, 2017, 03:32 PM
That is the yet unrealized dream...xchinscratchx
I think we need to watch the next couple games before we declare this defense the same ol Kat defense. If our D plays like the Nichols game the rest of the way it may well be close to the 2011 version. I went back and watched the game on espn replay and that was the most fundamentally sound game our D has played in years. Having said that we are starting 2 freshman corners but against Nichols they only allowed 1 completion. # 40 is one of those players you watch and it doesn't take long before your recognize this kid is a baller. This was the 1st game this year our D has played as a unit and they looked good. Let's hope it was our real D and not a fluke. We'll find out soon enough.

katstrapper
September 29th, 2017, 08:50 AM

That entire RB group is averaging 200yds a game. I will take that all day. I would agree with you on Webb though. He looked good last week, like he was healthy again and running with a purpose. Got in the end zone a couple times .

katstrapper
September 29th, 2017, 08:53 AM
I think we need to watch the next couple games before we declare this defense the same ol Kat defense. If our D plays like the Nichols game the rest of the way it may well be close to the 2011 version. I went back and watched the game on espn replay and that was the most fundamentally sound game our D has played in years. Having said that we are starting 2 freshman corners but against Nichols they only allowed 1 completion. # 40 is one of those players you watch and it doesn't take long before your recognize this kid is a baller. This was the 1st game this year our D has played as a unit and they looked good. Let's hope it was our real D and not a fluke. We'll find out soon enough.

#40 is Jalen Thomas, the true freshman out of North Shore. Highly recruited and has been recognized by several publications as one of the top recruits in FCS. He played a heck of a ballgame last week and pretty much shut down Damien JeanPierre from Nicholls.

katstrapper
September 29th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Man I was realistic last year. Sammy's pass game is too much for UCA's weak pass defense. I'm hoping Sammy chooses to run it more this game so it won't be a blowout. If only we could get a good pass defense against rare extreme passing teams like Sammy, EWU, and Samford.

I dont know how this game will play out , but the Kat run game is back with all running backs healthy. Offense is loaded all over the field. The team depth this year is what intrigues me. I would say this offense under new OC Tim Cramsey has the potential to be even better than last year. So far its definitely more balanced.

BEAR
September 29th, 2017, 09:24 AM
I dont know how this game will play out , but the Kat run game is back with all running backs healthy. Offense is loaded all over the field. The team depth this year is what intrigues me. I would say this offense under new OC Tim Cramsey has the potential to be even better than last year. So far its definitely more balanced.

I hear ya. If it comes down to a scorefest, Sam will win easy. UCA's run defense is pretty good though plus our RBs are tough. It's that dang pass game I'm worried about. I think Sam scored like 4 TDs last year in under a minute on our pass defense. But I've always thought that if the Kats have a healthy QB and actually have a decent defense they will go far in the playoffs.

BEAR
September 29th, 2017, 09:38 AM
I do wonder how low UCA will drop in the polls after a loss against the #3 team in the nation. If it's close hopefully not too far. IF Sam wins by 3 TDs or more then at least I will know its because of their high pass game and not our overall team effort. I don't see the Bears losing anymore games, except maybe McNeese who usually always plays us tough at home. I feel sorry for HBU either way the next week. A loss and the Bears will be on edge every game. A win and the Bears will be on a mission for the rest of the year.

OldKat95
September 29th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Sam needs to win a close one that both teams play clean. Otherwise, everybody will just think that UCA is overrated and the conference is weak.

POD Knows
September 29th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Sam needs to win a close one that both teams play clean. Otherwise, everybody will just think that UCA is overrated and the conference is weak.No, that would make it worse, get a few teams in the playoffs, make a run with more than one team, other than you guys, and the conference will pick up more respect.

BEAR
September 29th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Well listening to a few broadcasts I keep hearing UCA will have to pull off the upset. Hope voters in the poll know we're the underdogs...xthumbsupx

Katfan
September 29th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I hear ya. If it comes down to a scorefest, Sam will win easy. UCA's run defense is pretty good though plus our RBs are tough. It's that dang pass game I'm worried about. I think Sam scored like 4 TDs last year in under a minute on our pass defense. But I've always thought that if the Kats have a healthy QB and actually have a decent defense they will go far in the playoffs.
Win or lose this game, the matchups to watch for me will be to see if our running game is improved against a very good run stopping defense and is our defense against the run improved as I think it has. PJ Hall really looked stout playing NT last week. I'm really looking forward to a great game!

Nickels
September 29th, 2017, 09:51 PM
PJ Hall really looked stout playing NT last week. I'm really looking forward to a great game!
He collapsed the entire center section of the O-line on nearly every play. An absolute wrecking-ball.

Honestly the trip to Conway usually makes me nervous but this year I'm excited. I really want to see if the Kats can continue their play from last week.

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Gameday! Ready for some football!

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Gameday! Ready for some football!

Then you'll need to be watching espn3 for the MVFC games.

Daytripper
September 30th, 2017, 05:07 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3oAt2dA6LxMkRrGc0g/200.webp#2-grid1

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Been watching all day my friend.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Been watching all day my friend.

Some good games all over. Hopefully UCA will show up and put up a fight.

Daytripper
September 30th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Well, there's that. UCA 7 SHSU 0

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 06:26 PM
14-7 UCA 9:36 1st

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 06:32 PM
go for it here?

nope, they’ll punt.

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Coach is going vanilla. xeyebrowx

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 06:45 PM
another big play by UCA’s offense.

Sammy94
September 30th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Our defense sucks

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 06:47 PM
ESPN streams have gone to absolute ****. This is **** is hardly watchable. I'm on a rock steady 1 GB fiber line so it's not on my end. **** company top to bottom.

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 06:49 PM
ESPN sucks

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 06:49 PM
ESPN streams have gone to absolute ****. This is **** is hardly watchable. I'm on a rock steady 1 GB fiber line so it's not on my end. **** company top to bottom.

I’ve only got 6 mb, and mines working fine multicasting both South Dakota games and Sammy-uca

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 06:52 PM
I’ve only got 6 mb, and mines working fine multicasting both South Dakota games and Sammy-uca

So much for Southern Speed...

UCA playing some motivated ball. Let's see if they can keep it up.

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 06:57 PM

That will be the key.

alvin.kmiec
September 30th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Coverage sucks

cx500d

My 6mb is southern speed too

Nickels
Kats playing completely unmotivated ball. Let's see if they can keep it up.xthumbsupx

My guess is yes. Keeler cant keep these guys focused on a consistent basis.

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I've seen these Kats before. Turnover coming up.

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Throwing it to the first marker rarely works. xrolleyesx

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 07:10 PM
2 of our players go into a fight on the sideline. Coaches had to split it up. xlolx

Keeler brings talent. Doesn't seem know how to motivate it.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Rival gangs?

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Ouch.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Ouch.

They could have leveled that receiver

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 07:14 PM
face ball plant. xlolx

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 07:17 PM
I see about 50 orange shirts on the other side in the stands. Maybe a hundred kat fans?

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 07:19 PM
So close Kierre....dang

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Avery didn't even run that hard!

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Avery didn't even run that hard!

you guys are giving up waaay too many long conversions.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:30 PM
you guys are giving up waaay too many long conversions.

as i said....

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 07:33 PM
It can be 3rd and 43 and we would give up 44. xlolx

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Just need to settle down. D has only given up 14. Have to make some stops and get in the end zone.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:35 PM
It can be 3rd and 43 and we would give up 44. xlolx

i hear that. nice job overall so far, though.

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Battle is a stud

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:38 PM
wow. this is.... something.

cx500d
Oh yeah td uca

BNATION
Ouch

Lorne_Malvo
September 30th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Well as Skip would say, "SHSU got carded".
#3 lol.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:49 PM
15 penalties combined.

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Playing a very good team on the road. Offense will get theirs. A lot of football left.

Well as Skip would say, "SHSU got carded".
#3 lol.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:51 PM
i’m not sure if i’ve ever seen a secondary this bad. no hyperbole.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Damn

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:54 PM
nice play by Sammy there

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:55 PM
i’d kick the FG here

BEAR
Crappy play calls with first and goal at the two. Sigh.

cx500d
Uca wasted that

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Hildebrand: 8-13, 232 yds, 3TDs, 0 INTs

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 08:03 PM
2nd half...

Let's see if UCA can keep it up.
Let's see if Sam can make adjustments.

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 08:04 PM
2nd half...

Let's see if UCA can keep it up.
Let's see if Sam can make adjustments.
Likely
Never do. Won't now.

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Win or lose this game I wonder how voters will look at the SLCs two reps in the top 25.

TheRevSFA
September 30th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Win or lose this game I wonder how voters will look at the SLCs two reps in the top 25.

If UCA wins, UCA will probably be an 8
sam will probably drop to 15

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 08:23 PM
How is the official on the opposite side of the field calling PI?

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 08:25 PM

can’t slot that until this game is over looking over all results. impossible to slot either team without doing that.

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Another wasted drive. xsmhx

Run the ball! Burn the clock!

Serpentor
September 30th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Another wasted drive. xsmhx

Run the ball! Burn the clock!

You're ahead and you're putting points on the board. How is that wasted?

TheRevSFA
September 30th, 2017, 08:32 PM
can’t slot that until this game is over looking over all results. impossible to slot either team without doing that.

It is but so many are looking for a reason to punish sam so expect them to drop.

A lot of folks think they are overrated (maybe they are)

Serpentor
September 30th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Looks like ESPN gave up on this game too...

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Wtf, Sammy feed disappeared

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 08:40 PM
You're ahead and you're putting points on the board. How is that wasted?

Because Sam can score so quick. We need to burn the clock in long sustained TD scoring drives.

Lorne_Malvo
September 30th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Was on again for a minute, gone again. Nice ESPN.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Because Sam can score so quick. We need to burn the clock in long sustained TD scoring drives.

you need to just take points however you can get them.

Sammy94
September 30th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Espn sucks worse than our defense

TheKingpin28
September 30th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Now it's back

Lorne_Malvo
September 30th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Espn sucks worse than our defense

Lets not get carried away.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 08:48 PM
UCA is trying to let Sammy back in, evidently. dumb.

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 08:49 PM
These officials.....

Serpentor
September 30th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Bearkats work their way down the field, thanks to Bears penalties. 34-24 Bears 2:07 3rd.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 08:53 PM
if UCA goes 3 and out on this drive, they will lose. calling it.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 08:53 PM
UCA is letting Sammy back in, evidently. dumb.

Fyp

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 08:54 PM
23 combined penalties, by the way.

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Lets not get carried away.
xlolx

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 08:58 PM
i would have declined that

Serpentor
September 30th, 2017, 08:59 PM
i would have declined that

Agreed. It worked out better for us, but it might not have.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 08:59 PM
Wtf was that play?

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Agreed. It worked out better for us, but it might not have.

i kinda second thought it after i typed it. maybe 4 down territory. probably good call to accept.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Wtf was that play?

VERY conservative. sends a bad message if you ask me.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 09:02 PM
They are playing not to lose now, which usually means you will lose

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2017, 09:02 PM
UCA playing not to lose and trying to hold on.....which means they won't.

TheKingpin28
September 30th, 2017, 09:04 PM
They are playing not to lose now, which usually means you will lose

UCA playing not to lose and trying to hold on.....which means they won't.

So BF02, I found your multi!

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2017, 09:06 PM
So BF02, I found your multi!

https://media.tenor.com/images/6faf9117f46f071629acc0486f311d6f/tenor.gif

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Sammy offense toying. With uca defense now

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Bears defense tired

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Sammy offense toying. With uca defense now

yep, and if UCA goes from abusing that secondary to losing? would be hard to recover.

BEAR
September 30th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Crap

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 09:10 PM
UCA is about to blow this.

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Uh oh.

jmufan999
UCA is about to blow this.

pretty much

BisonFan02
You can hear the panic in the stands...they can feel it.

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 09:12 PM
thought UCA had a great defense? they look awful. guess it’s all relative.

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 09:13 PM
The video feed is way behind espn game cast

TheKingpin28
https://media.tenor.com/images/6faf9117f46f071629acc0486f311d6f/tenor.gif

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vampirediaries/images/a/a9/I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160224212016

Nickels
thought UCA had a great defense? they look awful. guess it’s all relative.

SLC...we all suck.

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2017, 09:14 PM
SLC...we all suck.

Not wrong...finesse football.

Nickels
September 30th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Their fans are stupid as ours...Let's get loud! We're on offense!

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Big pass after this next incompletion

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Told ya.

BEAR
O man the defense has to go out....

jmufan999
ugh with the penalties....... jesus. game is ugly

cx500d
And they blow it

cx500d
September 30th, 2017, 09:17 PM
4th and 13

BNATION
UCA coach looks like he is going to pass out.

TheKingpin28
Not wrong...finesse football.

#SouthernSpeed

jmufan999
September 30th, 2017, 09:18 PM
O man the defense has to go out....

i’m sorry you’re having to watch this. gotta be painful

Bison56
September 30th, 2017, 09:19 PM
ugh with the penalties....... jesus. game is ugly

Go to bed little boy.

BisonFan02
incomplete passes slow the game down and stop the clock.....weird, I know.

BNATION
To all the negative guys why can't y'all just say that hey this is a great ball game. Both these teams will win playoff games this year.

jmufan999
Go to bed little boy.

huh? you enjoy penalty filled games? why?

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 09:20 PM
UCA D looks tired.

Bison56
September 30th, 2017, 09:21 PM

Don't try so hard.

BNATION
September 30th, 2017, 09:22 PM
JMU had 10 penalties and let Delaware hang with them. UCA beats Del by two or three scores.

jmufan999
Don't try so hard.

seriously, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

cx500d
1st down on the shsu 40