PDA

View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 4

RedFlash
September 21st, 2017, 08:47 AM
Week 4

Only 5 games on the slate this week as Duquesne and StFU have the week off.

Walsh at Central Connecticut – 12:00 noon
Fordham at Bryant – 1:00 pm
Robert Morris at North Dakota State – 3:30 pm
Sacred Heart at Bucknell – 6:00 pm
Wagner at Western Michigan – 7:00 pm

D-2 Walsh travels from Canton, Ohio to take on CCSU. This is Walsh’s second straight FCS opponent falling last week to Jacksonville 56-31. CCSU should have no trouble.
Fordham should be able to light up the scoreboard this week as Bryant is giving up 43 points per game this season.
I suspect that RMU will keep things close for the first 10-15 minutes, but NDSU will wear down the RMU defense and should win this easily.
Sacred Heart will look to bounce back after last week’s loss, but Bucknell’s defense might be better than their 1-2 record suggests. They held a pretty good Holy Cross team to only 20 points, so if they can score some points (only 9 in the last two weeks) I think they win this one.
I assume Wagner will be without its starting QB again this week, although it won’t matter. Western Michigan has played both USC and Michigan St. well this year and will likely win this won by a big margin.

Last week 6-1
Overall 18-2

Bluefish845
September 21st, 2017, 01:22 PM
Walsh at Central Connecticut – 12:00 noon CCSU Easily
Fordham at Bryant – 1:00 pm This will be a shoot out, not much defense
Robert Morris at North Dakota State – 3:30 pm Hopefully not too many injuries for Bobby Mo, take the money and come back healthy.
Sacred Heart at Bucknell – 6:00 pm SHU needs to recover form the punch in the mouth at Stony Brook, I look for them to right the ship
Wagner at Western Michigan – 7:00 pm See Bobby Mo comment

Gangtackle11
September 21st, 2017, 02:18 PM
CCSU
Fordham
NDSU
Sacred Heart
WMU

bonarae
September 21st, 2017, 04:54 PM
CCSU
Fordham
NDSU
Sacred Heart
WMU

The Pud
September 22nd, 2017, 05:54 AM
CCSU
Fordham
NDSU
Sacred Heart
WMU

Original_RMC
September 22nd, 2017, 02:46 PM
Walsh @ CCSU - CCSU is not a bad 0-3 team. I still think they can shock some teams within the NEC this year. Walsh is a DII team but CCSU will finally get the win this weekend before they turn to NEC play the following week.
CCSU 34 Walsh 6

Fordham @ Bryant - Fordham still has Chase Edmonds as their starting RB even though he is injured. I still think without Edmonds, Fordham is a better team than Bryant. Bryant is getting better but still not quite there to knock off a top Patriot league team.
Fordham 23 Bryant 17

SHU @ Bucknell - Another night game and another road Patriot league team game. SHU is looking to rebound after that beating from Stony Brook. Bucknell is good but not sure just how good they are. I think the rushing attack and strong D of SHU allows them to win a close one on the road.
SHU 23 Bucknell 21

RMU @ North Dakota State - A game that could derail RMU's season with any major injuries. I know this will compete and won't back down. But there is a reason that NDSU is the best program in the FCS. RMU won't back down but this is a NDSU team that averages over 400 yds rushing a game. They are very strong in their front 7 vs a young (but getting better) OL.
NDSU 55 RMU 6

Wagner @ Western Michigan - $$$$ Game for Wagner. They will compete but Western Michigan is too much and that FBS depth is too much for NEC programs.
Western Michigan 52 - Wagner 3

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 23rd, 2017, 03:12 PM
RMU is competing alright!! Haha.