PDA

View Full Version : SHSU VS Nicholls St

BNATION
September 20th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Well lets get the thread going. Should be a very good game with two very good teams. Nicholls in my opinion should be ranked much higher. Going to be a tough game.

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Okay, I guess if this is going to end up being GOTW, I guess this thread is inevitable. Still, I'm not quite as sold on Nicholls as other folks.

BNATION
September 20th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Get re your popcorn ready. They were good last year and a lot better this year. We don't play well we hang a L this week.

Okay, I guess if this is going to end up being GOTW, I guess this thread is inevitable. Still, I'm not quite as sold on Nicholls as other folks.

McNeese72
September 20th, 2017, 10:50 AM
I think Sam wins easily. I wasn't that impressed with Nicholls when we played them.

Doc

Wildcat1997
I'm a Nicholls believer and I think they give Sammy a tough game this week, but I don't think they pull out the W. Sam 35 Nicholls 24.

Serpentor
Get re your popcorn ready. They were good last year and a lot better this year. We don't play well we hang a L this week.

I'm willing to give Nicholls the benefit of the doubt since they played Texas A&M tough and had a more impressive win over PVAM then us (though we can quibble about how much home field advantage AND footage of their offense in action helped the Colonels, both of which we didn't have). I still feel confident going into this weekend.

Fourcade is a decent QB, hope someone snatches him up to play professionally.

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Nicholls is the best defense sammy has faced this year.

Not saying much, but still.

JSUSoutherner
September 20th, 2017, 11:20 AM
I'm willing to give Nicholls the benefit of the doubt since they played Texas A&M tough and had a more impressive win over PVAM then us (though we can quibble about how much home field advantage AND footage of their offense in action helped the Colonels, both of which we didn't have). I still feel confident going into this weekend.

Fourcade is a decent QB, hope someone snatches him up to play professionally.

How did you guys not have film? They've had the same offense since 2015?

McNeese75
September 20th, 2017, 11:24 AM

xeyebrowx You actually posted that???? So watching film from two years ago will give you everything you need to know about playing a team in 2017? I guess any change in skill players is irrelevant. I'm sure the Nicholls offense is performing this year exactly like it was in 2015 xlolx

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 11:32 AM
I don't think it was the scheme as much as their new qb who was a very good runner. I can see where not having film could cause you to get bit once or twice but what always frustrates me about these situations is the inability to make adjustments in the game to address

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 11:36 AM
What worries me the most is this is the third game of the season after a get better week. We could be in for a long night if history is any indicator of what might happen.

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I'm a Nicholls believer and I think they give Sammy a tough game this week, but I don't think they pull out the W. Sam 35 Nicholls 24.
If we only score 35, we lose!

JSUSoutherner
September 20th, 2017, 11:43 AM
xeyebrowx You actually posted that???? So watching film from two years ago will give you everything you need to know about playing a team in 2017? I guess any change in skill players is irrelevant. I'm sure the Nicholls offense is performing this year exactly like it was in 2015 xlolx
Obviously it's not going to tell you personnel. I didn't think anyone here was stupid enough to assume that's what I meant.

But it should help prepare for a scheme or type of offense. We don't have Eli or Barge anymore and we still run basically the same crap.

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Obviously it's not going to tell you personelle. I didn't think anyone here was stupid enough to assume that's what I meant.

But it should help prepare for a scheme or type of offense. We don't have Eli or Barge anymore and we still run basically the same crap.
Seems to me you run more out routes to the other team than you did before! I kid

BisonBacker
September 20th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Well lets get the thread going. Should be a very good game with two very good teams. Nicholls in my opinion should be ranked much higher. Going to be a tough game.

Man do we have to have a thread about every SHSU game every week xlolx

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 12:32 PM

They didn't even announce who their QB was going to be until game time.

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 12:35 PM

Not by my choice. I can understand Richmond because that was two top 10 teams, and maybe Prairie View since it had the novelty of a Thursday night game AND it was on national television so everyone can watch it. But I still think this Nicholls game is getting blown out of proportion.

I sure as heck don't want this trend to continue throughout the season.

Iridebikes
September 20th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Not by my choice. I can understand Richmond because that was two top 10 teams, and maybe Prairie View since it had the novelty of a Thursday night game AND it was on national television so everyone can watch it. But I still think this Nicholls game is getting blown out of proportion.

I sure as heck don't want this trend to continue throughout the season.

I'm on board with this sentiment as well. Until the SLC can stand up and prove that there is more the one competitive team in the league there is zero interest. Until then its all hype

citdog
September 20th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I'm on board with this sentiment as well. Until the SLC can stand up and prove that there is more the one competitive team in the league there is zero interest. Until then its all hype

Central Arkansas is pretty damn good...

McCowboys
September 20th, 2017, 01:12 PM

Do Bison fans have to crash EVERY thread on AGS? At least if you do, bring something worthwhile to share.

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Do Bison fans have to crash EVERY thread on AGS? At least if you do, bring something worthwhile to share.

In fairness, I did kind of poop on their NDSU/RMU thread earlier this week. Turnabout and all that.

BEAR
September 20th, 2017, 01:16 PM

https://gwendolynhoff.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/55273-choppedliver.jpg?w=590

BEAR
September 20th, 2017, 01:18 PM

Wait until next week when Sammy plays UCA...xlolx

Sammy94
September 20th, 2017, 01:23 PM

Let it go, JSU fans are stuck in 2015.

RabidRabbit
September 20th, 2017, 01:26 PM
In fairness, I did kind of poop on their NDSU/RMU thread earlier this week. Turnabout and all that.
NDSU VS RMU is a poop game.

If Nicholls makes this a competitive game, then the SLC is a more balanced league, and will be a more fun league to watch. Another Sammy blowout, and kiss the SLC as non-competitive and only Sammy has chance at seed. But also makes case that a SHSU won't play any tough teams except UCA.

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 01:31 PM

If Nicholls makes this a competitive game, then the SLC is a more balanced league, and will be a more fun league to watch. Another Sammy blowout, and kiss the SLC as non-competitive and only Sammy has chance at seed. But also makes case that a SHSU won't play any tough teams except UCA.

You know what? Yeah, I'm going to go with that. A tougher Nicholls helps the whole conference, I'll stop belittling them. I still think we win, but hopefully Nicholls keeps their upward trajectory.

Catbooster
September 20th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Seems like we need one about the NDSU game every week ;)

I'd be happy with an SHSU thread every week if it would keep a couple Sam posters from turning every other thread into a SHSU thread. xcoffeex

ursus arctos horribilis
September 20th, 2017, 02:17 PM
I am a fan of these first drafts of FCS history and then when these turn into game threads and after game contemplation and so forth I think it's pretty worthwhile. Even if I can't keep up with em' all I like em' basically.

Daytripper
September 20th, 2017, 02:21 PM

I guess we're trying to keep pace with the NDSU threads....

Oh, and nobody is holding a gun to your head to make you click on it..

DirtyDukes
September 20th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Is this game at Sammy or Nicholls? Title is confusing

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Is this game at Sammy or Nicholls? Title is confusing

This beautiful contest of the wills will be held at Bowers Stadium in the lovely Huntsvegas...

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Nicholls is the best defense sammy has faced this year.

Not saying much, but still.

Respectfully disagree. Richmond has a good defense. They have not played a team that has scored more than two TDs on them since us. Don't underestimate our offense. especially at home. I warn you. lol.

Katfan
Central Arkansas is pretty damn good...
They are! Better than Furman, but probably not as good as Citadel.

milleniumkat

Talking about PV. And they did. not have McCullers.

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:32 PM

The do this every other post. one minute the past doesn't matter. then the next it's the cornerstone of their argument. He's no alone. That's why i am the way i am. lol. effed up.

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:35 PM

Hey i thought you guys did a great job keeping the MVSU thread exciting. Color me impressed. ahaha

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 02:35 PM

So we should get a big lead and then let them catch up and have a close game? You have a copy of our game plan.

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:36 PM

So UCA wasn't competitive in the Playoffs? Not every conference had more than one winner.

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:36 PM

Yes. They and JMU are like the thread police. I enjoy it.

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Let it go, JSU fans are stuck in 2015.

They won the super bowl that year

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Respectfully disagree. Richmond has a good defense. They have not played a team that has scored more than two TDs on them since us. Don't underestimate our offense. especially at home. I warn you. lol.
Or in NRG stadium

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Seems like we need one about the NDSU game every week ;)

I'd be happy with an SHSU thread every week if it would keep a couple Sam posters from turning every other thread into a SHSU thread. xcoffeex

Care to name names? I'll get to the bottom of this.

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Yes. They and JMU are like the thread police. I enjoy it.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/n63m82.jpg

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:40 PM

I just get excited whenever someone uses "poop" in a phrase of any kind. It's a lost art but i appreciate those who are still masters.

JSUSoutherner
September 20th, 2017, 02:41 PM
They won the super bowl that year
We won it more bigly than the Falcons did.

BisonBacker
September 20th, 2017, 02:44 PM

Clearly sarcasm is lost on you xnonox

BisonBacker
September 20th, 2017, 02:46 PM

I guess we're trying to keep pace with the NDSU threads....

Oh, and nobody is holding a gun to your head to make you click on it..

At least serpentor got the joke. Others here need not apply xlolx

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 02:47 PM
It's all his fault!

BisonBacker
September 20th, 2017, 02:47 PM
It's all his fault!

xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2017, 02:49 PM

You left off "This I command"

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 02:50 PM
I have a novel idea, can we have a game thread where we discuss a game? Never mind, what was I thinking. Carry on.

JSUSoutherner
September 20th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Against Howard and Colgate. Big whoop.

PS. Howard scored 3 TDs

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I have a novel idea, can we have a game thread where we discuss a game? Never mind, what was I thinking. Carry on.

Apparently not, seeing as how I was the only one who initially posted something about the game itself.

The Pud
September 20th, 2017, 02:52 PM

PS. Howard scored 3 TDs

and same with JSU. LOL!!!

Htownbearkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Nicholls State at Sam Houston State - Saturday, September 23, 2017 7:00 PM

587 Nicholls State
+12 -120
+325
Over 74 -120

588 Sam Houston State
-12 -120
Under 74 -120

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Is there an over/under line on this game?

Schism55
September 20th, 2017, 02:56 PM
5Dimes currently has SHSU as a 12 point favorite. I'll be putting some $ on Sam until the rest of the SLC proves they aren't terribad.

Htownbearkat
Is there an over/under line on this game?

The Pud
Nicholls State at Sam Houston State - Saturday, September 23, 2017 7:00 PM

587 Nicholls State
+12 -120
+325
Over 74 -120

588 Sam Houston State
-12 -120
Under 74 -120

I am a CPA, but I have no idea what these numbers mean.

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Shsu is favored to win by 12

Htownbearkat
September 20th, 2017, 02:59 PM
short version- Sam wins by 2 td, and 2 missed extra points. Many points will be scored.

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 03:01 PM
short version- Sam wins by 2 td, and 2 missed extra points. Many points will be scored.
Man I hope our kicking game gets fixed. How many extra points can we miss?

JSUSoutherner
September 20th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Man I hope our kicking game gets fixed. How many extra points can we miss?
All of them.

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 03:02 PM
You left off "This I command"

Only Serpentor may THIS, I COMMAND!

Serpentor is pleased, he usually sucks at detecting sarcasm.

Katfan
September 20th, 2017, 03:06 PM
All of them.
No kidding, but in all fairness I think we made 1, but I may be thinking of last year. I didn't know it could be such an adventurer

Daytripper
September 20th, 2017, 04:20 PM
No kidding, but in all fairness I think we made 1, but I may be thinking of last year. I didn't know it could be such an adventurer

We should just go for two every time. We've got a better shot at making it.

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 04:38 PM

PS. Howard scored 3 TDs

Howard: FBS Win and another close call

Colgate: 2015 CAA Champion. Nuff said

milleniumkat
September 20th, 2017, 04:39 PM
5Dimes currently has SHSU as a 12 point favorite. I'll be putting some $ on Sam until the rest of the SLC proves they aren't terribad.

Would a 12 point favorite be worth betting on?

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 08:56 AM
Then em just let SLC fans talk about their game, if you don't like the programming change the channel. Why even comment?

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 09:32 AM
Then em just let SLC fans talk about their game, if you don't like the programming change the channel. Why even comment?

Because complaining about pedantics in sports is how insecure heterosexual males bond.

GAME DAY! Let's go Kats!

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Just cracked the first cold one while feeding the baby a bottle and my 2 year old wrecking the house. It is truly gameday.

milleniumkat
September 23rd, 2017, 10:59 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/270403294f5dd090589f82bec6e26556.jpg

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 11:02 AM
Just cracked the first cold one while feeding the baby a bottle and my 2 year old wrecking the house. It is truly gameday.
Is it too early to call child protective services

alvin.kmiec
September 23rd, 2017, 11:09 AM

I am glad I am not the only one. I would rather the link be posted than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pvdogteam
September 23rd, 2017, 11:10 AM
how can I see the game? Is it on ESPN3?

milleniumkat
September 23rd, 2017, 11:32 AM

That's it brutha

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 11:34 AM
Absolutely not. Give em a ring.

Is it too early to call child protective services

Hood
September 23rd, 2017, 11:42 AM
Should be a fun game, but I think we come back down to earth.

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 12:26 PM

If you have the ESPN Extra package on DirecTV, it's on channel 789.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2017, 01:36 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/270403294f5dd090589f82bec6e26556.jpg



I like the white and black flag from Gonzales...

milleniumkat
September 23rd, 2017, 04:07 PM
I like the white and black flag from Gonzales...

gottam right!

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 06:36 PM
Looking good!

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 06:36 PM
TD for SAMMY!!!

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 06:37 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/webkit-fake-url://ca6500f7-54a9-429c-b759-bfa0e3c2fb54/imagejpeg

Schism55
September 23rd, 2017, 06:38 PM
Would a 12 point favorite be worth betting on?
Sometimes, it sure is xthumbsupx

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 06:39 PM
Sammy looking like a Top 5 team!

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 06:39 PM
Fourcade's got a nice arm.

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 06:43 PM
Sammy's defense looks much improved so far.

- - - Updated - - -

PJ Hall is a difference maker on the defense for Sammy!!

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 06:48 PM
Sammy running game looks good!

centennial
September 23rd, 2017, 06:48 PM
Sammy looking like a Top 5 team!

I want to see more games between the Southland and MVFC. It's hard to figure out how SHSU compares to someone like USD or YSU.

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 06:50 PM
I want to see more games between the Southland and MVFC. It's hard to figure out how SHSU compares to someone like USD or YSU.

or even the CAA

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 06:51 PM
100% agree. Only team we ever play is NDSU.

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 06:58 PM
Welcome back, PJ! We missed ya!

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 06:59 PM
Sammy extends lead to 21-0

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 07:23 PM
Defense tackling much better. Pressure is much better with Hall back.

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 07:23 PM
28-3 Kats, 7:10 left in first half

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 07:24 PM
Sammy extends their lead to 28-3, and still in the 2nd QTR

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 07:27 PM
And PJ drops the boom on Fourcade! Fourcade is off tonight, not complaining of course just surprised.

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 07:29 PM
PJ Hall with the massive SACK!!!

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 07:41 PM
Pick! About to put it away.

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 07:44 PM
Sammy is just dominating a Nicholls team that lost to Texas A&M 21-14.

DirtyDukes
September 23rd, 2017, 07:46 PM
Sammy is just dominating a Nicholls team that lost to Texas A&M 21-14.

False

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 07:49 PM
False

which part sir?

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 07:51 PM
Yedi Lewis now all time reception leader in Southland history.

DirtyDukes
which part sir?

You stole 3 points from TAM

The Pud
Yedi Lewis now all time reception leader in Southland history.

Outstanding!!!

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 07:52 PM
Its 37-3 at halftime.....

False

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 08:38 PM
Come on Keeler, don't be cruel! Don't leave JB in, it's not fair to the Colonels!

- - - Updated - - -

Its 37-3 at halftime.....

He means the final score in the Texas A&M Nicholls game was 24-14.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:39 PM
I was proven right. This game a lose-ultra lose for SHSU and with Richmond losing to Elon (who is a solid team), their SOS just keeps dropping. Beating Nicholls State this badly is good for offense, but bad for conference strength. Good job so far thogh.

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 08:40 PM
I was proven right. This game a lose-ultra lose for SHSU and with Richmond losing to Elon (who is a solid team), their SOS just keeps dropping. Beating Nicholls State this badly is good for offense, but bad for conference strength. Good job so far thogh.

+3

Very true. Sammy will just have to play on the road in the playoffs again with a high seed number. smh

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:42 PM
+3

Very true. Sammy will just have to play on the road in the playoffs again with a high seed number. smh

If JMU wins out, SDSU and NDSU each have 1 loss or less, JSU wins out, I don't see room in the top 4. It sucks, but one cannot control their conference strength, but at least playing Richmond might look good if UR were to beat JMU, which would push either SHSU (assuming they win out) or the CAA winner into the top 4.

The Pud
September 23rd, 2017, 08:50 PM
If JMU wins out, SDSU and NDSU each have 1 loss or less, JSU wins out, I don't see room in the top 4. It sucks, but one cannot control their conference strength, but at least playing Richmond might look good if UR were to beat JMU, which would push either SHSU (assuming they win out) or the CAA winner into the top 4.

I am in agreement. But I do believe this is still very good for FCS football to have this many quality teams competing for Top 4 seeds.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:02 PM
I am in agreement. But I do believe this is still very good for FCS football to have this many quality teams competing for Top 4 seeds.

100% agree. Parity is needed for the FCS to continue to wipe away the whole "They are D2 football" mantra of the ignorant people of the SEC and Big 10 groups. Stranger things have happened, but unless UR beats JMU or JSU/NDSU/SDSU slip up, the top 4 is pretty solid.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2017, 09:04 PM
Typical Softland conference game

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 09:09 PM
Bunch of Bearkats fans in the upper levels of the stands just applauded Fourcade's touchdown, myself included.

milleniumkat
September 23rd, 2017, 09:17 PM
Told ya. Kats have it for real. "butt butt butt Nicholls is for real. Butt butt butt Fourcade is impressive. He's my pick."...RooterTooterJMUGuy. lol.

He knows a lot of things...football is not one of them.

Wildcat1997
September 23rd, 2017, 09:36 PM
Boy was I wrong about Nicholls. I didn't think they would win but I thought they would at least be competitive.

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 09:55 PM
Boy was I wrong about Nicholls. I didn't think they would win but I thought they would at least be competitive.

You know who was competitive today? HBU. They're were winning the game into the third quarter, but McNeese came back.

BEAR
September 23rd, 2017, 10:04 PM
You know who was competitive today? HBU. They're were winning the game into the third quarter, but McNeese came back.

I thought we did pretty good against Bye U. It was over from the beginning but next week is a big game...

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 10:16 PM
North Dakota got smoked by an average Montana St team. Your conference is 2-3 good teams. Much like most others.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2017, 10:19 PM

I doubt it. Shows the softland conference is soft as usual

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schism55
September 23rd, 2017, 10:19 PM
North Dakota got smoked by an average Montana St team. Your conference is 2-3 good teams. Much like most others.

Wouldn't go that far. Bobcats have a great player at QB and their O line is good.

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 10:22 PM
I doubt it. Shows the softland conference is soft as usual

Nope sorry, SLC rising. take your negative waves elsewhere.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2017, 10:24 PM
I was wrong about Nicholls. Especially their defense. The Nicholls receivers dropped a lot of catchable balls early, and I think that sucked the wind out of them. I thought the SHSU defense played very well.. P.J. Hall makes the entire defense better. Besides Sam losing, this type of blowout is the worst possible outcome for us.... And Richmond losing to Elon is just kicking somebody while they are down.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2017, 10:43 PM
I was wrong about Nicholls. Especially their defense. The Nicholls receivers dropped a lot of catchable balls early, and I think that sucked the wind out of them. I thought the SHSU defense played very well.. P.J. Hall makes the entire defense better. Besides Sam losing, this type of blowout is the worst possible outcome for us.... And Richmond losing to Elon is just kicking somebody while they are down.

SoS kicks Softland conference again

McNeese75
September 23rd, 2017, 10:44 PM
I guess you guys just did not believe it when we said the Colonels are not all THAT. Cowboys suck this year.

BNATION
September 23rd, 2017, 10:46 PM
now have to take care of another ****ty Southland team next week.... one that beat a MVFC team in the playoffs last year...

Panther88
September 23rd, 2017, 10:47 PM
Good win by SHSU over Nicholls. Mr Hall does make a difference for the D, imho.

Of note, PV beat Alabama St 34-0 @ their place. Our dual-threat QB is still not comfy in the pocket to chunk the rock where it needs to go accurately. Hopefully we'll iron it out shortly.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 10:49 PM
now have to take care of another ****ty Southland team next week.... one that beat a MVFC team in the playoffs last year...

ISUr was the last team in, in 2016. They were awful and should never have been in. Keep pumping up your SOS, while attempting to slander the MVFC, but we can see past it.

They lost to USeD, EIU, and ISUb. 1 atrocious team and 2 bad teams.

Serpentor
September 23rd, 2017, 11:11 PM
ISUr was the last team in, in 2016. They were awful and should never have been in. Keep pumping up your SOS, while attempting to slander the MVFC, but we can see past it.

Yeah but they're still MVFC teams, which makes their SOS outstanding according to you.

Hood
September 23rd, 2017, 11:17 PM
Frankly, the team needed this sort of humbling. It's a young team that was probably full of their own publicity after the TAMU game.

You never really want to see your team get the snot kicked out of them, but if Coach Rebowe spins this to them correctly, they might turn it around. Or they'll bottom out. Either way, this type of game is why I tend to avoid trash talking these days.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 11:17 PM
Yeah but they're still MVFC teams, which makes their SOS outstanding according to you.

Considering ISUr was 17th and UCA was 9th, yeah I'd expect UCA to win that match-up. And according to me? I use facts, not this bull**** that the Southland tries to pass off and fluff up arguably the weakest conference between The Big 5. (MVFC, Big Sky, CAA, SoCon, and Southland).

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2017, 11:20 PM
Considering ISUr was 17th and UCA was 9th, yeah I'd expect UCA to win that match-up. And according to me? I use facts, not this bull**** that the Southland tries to pass off and fluff up arguably the weakest conference between The Big 5. (MVFC, Big Sky, CAA, SoCon, and Southland).

I don't disagree that the Southland is the weakest of those 5. I do take issue with those who say that the Ivy League or Patriot League are better....I'm looking at you Hero Sports....

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 11:27 PM
I don't disagree that the Southland is the weakest of those 5. I do take issue with those who say that the Ivy League or Patriot League are better....I'm looking at you Hero Sports....

People actually think that? I am being serious.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2017, 11:31 PM
People actually think that? I am being serious.

Look at the conference rankings on the lower left....

https://herosports.com/fcs-football

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 11:33 PM
Look at the conference rankings on the lower left....

https://herosports.com/fcs-football

I stopped after seeing YSU 2, NDSU 3, ISUr 7, and Samford 10.

Dead last though? That is rough. I guess they believe you should leave the Southland and go SoCon or OVC

McNeese72
September 24th, 2017, 12:22 AM
Told you guys that Nicholls wasn't all that great!

And the Cowboys tried to give another game away tonight. Drive down inside the 5 twice and then fumble the ball away. And on top of that throw a pick 6

We suck!!!

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 07:07 AM

The Big Sky is a Big Lie, Southland easily tougher conference than the Big Lie. CAA seems average this year given JMU struggles to defeat a average Maine team, UNH gets routed by Holy Cross team that loses to Dartmouth a week later, and Richmond loses to Elon. SoCon is so so average too. In my book the toughest conferences in order are MVFC, Southland, CAA, and then SoCon.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 07:34 AM

No one is slandering anything. You have little man syndrome. No one is pumping up sos. It took a hit. that's true. But yalls sos sucks so far this season as well. EWU looking weaker by the week. And again, another hater coming into an shsu thread, talking smack and playing the victim. Hope your week goes well. I just want you to be happy.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Frankly, the team needed this sort of humbling. It's a young team that was probably full of their own publicity after the TAMU game.

You never really want to see your team get the snot kicked out of them, but if Coach Rebowe spins this to them correctly, they might turn it around. Or they'll bottom out. Either way, this type of game is why I tend to avoid trash talking these days.

You guys are not a bad team at all, this shsu team just happens to be a bad matchup for how y'all are built. You'll bounce back.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 07:37 AM
I stopped after seeing YSU 2, NDSU 3, ISUr 7, and Samford 10.

Dead last though? That is rough. I guess they believe you should leave the Southland and go SoCon or OVC

Of course, but neither of those conferences would offer much more than maybe one more decent team than the slc. So it's not worth the trouble. We'll just face their one team in the playoffs.

Don't get your feelings hurt if you want to talk smack and you get it back.

Take your **** to the smack talk threads. and go **** your self.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 07:42 AM
The Big Sky is a Big Lie, Southland easily tougher conference than the Big Lie. CAA seems average this year given JMU struggles to defeat a average Maine team, UNH gets routed by Holy Cross team that loses to Dartmouth a week later, and Richmond loses to Elon. SoCon is so so average too. In my book the toughest conferences in order are MVFC, Southland, CAA, and then SoCon.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Disclaimer: I like NDSU and think they are the top team in the fcs. But this next comment is directed toward their ignorant trolls and not the good ndsu fans and their great program. Please distinguish.

Kingpin and his girl band of posters just look stupid clowning shsu and their sos in 2017 when they have faced only one decent team all year up to this point and that is not saying much. And the other two teams they have played are not even remotely average...not even week...

MVSU and RMU may actually be two of the WORST FCS teams in the nation right now and MVSU may actually be HISTORICALLY bad

So take your obviously UNPROVOKED hate and shove it up your vaginas.

If we ever meet NDSU again, i'm BEGGING for a meet and greet with Kingpin. Is this possible?

BNATION
September 24th, 2017, 07:55 AM
This is what ive been screaming. During the regular season they scream these teams are competitive, then we play them in the playoffs, beat them by 30 and they say well they aren't very good. It's a hamster wheel I feel we will never get off until we beat NDSU.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:04 AM

In no universe but the distorted one in your head did JMU struggle with Maine. They led for one drive in the 3rd. We won by 18.

BNATION
September 24th, 2017, 08:09 AM
I think the point he is he is making is being led by Maine late in the game and only defeating them by 18 is not so impressive. Especially for a Maine team that has at least three more loses on their schedule this year.

In no universe but the distorted one in your head did JMU struggle with Maine. They led for one drive in the 3rd. We won by 18.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 08:12 AM
I think the point he is he is making is being led by Maine late in the game and only defeating them by 18 is not so impressive. Especially for a Maine team that has at least three more loses on their schedule this year.

+5

Bingo!

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:12 AM

That = struggle. You played a real team this week and looked human as expected.

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:13 AM

Maine's a physical team that doesn't let anyone blow them out. They have the leading rusher in the CAA. They're not a cupcake like PVMU

- - - Updated - - -

LOL you guys are ****ing delusional

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Maine's a physical team that doesn't let anyone blow them out. They have the leading rusher in the CAA. They're not a cupcake like PVMU

- - - Updated - - -

Maine is a #cupcake ma'am. Come on......Maine?? LOL!!!!

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:17 AM
This is what ive been screaming. During the regular season they scream these teams are competitive, then we play them in the playoffs, beat them by 30 and they say well they aren't very good. It's a hamster wheel I feel we will never get off until we beat NDSU.

They are laughable in how they change their story to fit their agenda. If we lose, we were overrated if we win, the other team sucked. Rinse and repeat. That's fine, that's their little internet game. They really don't know much about football in general.

Take that RooterTooterJMU guy he said something to the affect that Chase Fourcade was the real deal and he "knew" that guy would get it done vs shsu and the games he watched vs TAMU, McNeese and PV were absolutely a good Nicholls team that would expose shsu. As if he was some sort of QB expert. He looks SO stupid right now but lacks the true manhood to apologize and admit he was wrong. This is why i don't take them seriously; they aren't real men.

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Sagarins:

Maine 169
PVAMU 228

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:31 AM
There's only two teams that win every week because they are good teams that played well. Everyone else only wins because they played bad competition. We get it.

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Nicholls was a great win for you all, they were #22. Maine was #27. I don't think winning by 18 is a struggle, but hey, not every game can be 65-0 after the 3rd.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Maine is a #cupcake ma'am. Come on......Maine?? LOL!!!!

LMAO

See? When they struggle it's because the other team was "So physical". lol. Maine was the first team they have played with a pulse all year.

Stop taking these clowns seriously. You need to start reading their posts more like a MAD Magazine spoof. That's what i do

We make them so horny. They can't get enough of us which is why they can't help but troll our threads. We never posted on their threads when they lost the CAA Title to Colgate.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Disclaimer: I like NDSU and think they are the top team in the fcs. But this next comment is directed toward their ignorant trolls and not the good ndsu fans and their great program. Please distinguish.

Kingpin and his girl band of posters just look stupid clowning shsu and their sos in 2017 when they have faced only one decent team all year up to this point and that is not saying much. And the other two teams they have played are not even remotely average...not even week...

MVSU and RMU may actually be two of the WORST FCS teams in the nation right now and MVSU may actually be HISTORICALLY bad

So take your obviously UNPROVOKED hate and shove it up your vaginas.

If we ever meet NDSU again, i'm BEGGING for a meet and greet with Kingpin. Is this possible?

Holy **** batman. You have gone off the rails on what I have said. I made a point and you lost it. I will be at the Fargodome if/when it happens, but damn man, you have some issues to work out.

BNATION
September 24th, 2017, 08:48 AM
At the end of the day fellas SHSU is the only ranked team with two wins over top 25 ranked teams.

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:52 AM
At the end of the day fellas SHSU is the only ranked team with two wins over top 25 ranked teams.

Neither will be ranked at the end of the season

Serpentor
September 24th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Neither will be ranked at the end of the season

Thanks to us. :D

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:55 AM

LOL Fair point

cx500d
September 24th, 2017, 09:30 AM

Yeah, your #2 team beat our # 5 team with a touchdown in the last minute

BNATION
September 24th, 2017, 09:36 AM
In 2016 only two teams in you conference beat them by more than a touchdown. NDSU by 21 and Youngstown by 14.....

LOL Fair point

Yeah, your #2 team beat our # 5 team with a touchdown in the last minute

POD Knows
September 24th, 2017, 09:39 AM
I guess you guys just did not believe it when we said the Colonels are not all THAT. Cowboys suck this year.Hey, I put you guys in the top 25, don't make me look bad.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Hey, I put you guys in the top 25, don't make me look bad.

Some explaining is needed here.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2017, 09:44 AM
^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^LOL, it is awesome that your other personality agrees with your waking personality, just kidding.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 09:45 AM
LOL, it is awesome that your other personality agrees with your waking personality, just kidding.

hahaha, I agree. I am a walking contradiction.

P.S. I enjoy reading your posts throughout this message board.......you make some very solid points in a lot of cases.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Some explaining is needed here.I had McNeese sort of lurking in that 26-30 range before this weekend. I dropped 4 or 5 guys out of my top 25 and I moved them up. It is real tough this year when you get past 12 or so in the poll.

Serpentor
September 24th, 2017, 09:55 AM
In 2016 only two teams in you conference beat them by more than a touchdown. NDSU by 21 and Youngstown by 14.....

Funny how the Redbirds made it to the natty in 2014 and only lost by 2 points to NDSU, but they suddenly suck when cx500d needs that to fit his narrative.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 09:57 AM
I had McNeese sort of lurking in that 26-30 range before this weekend. I dropped 4 or 5 guys out of my top 25 and I moved them up. It is real tough this year when you get past 12 or so in the poll.

I got to about 15-20 before I was starting to throw darts. UCA was my last "this team is where they should be" and that was near the middle of the pack. I hear you though, but McNeese has a win over a D2, Alcorn State (1 D1 win out of 4 games), and their best "game" was a loss to Nicholls State who just got blown out of the water.

I just do not see it right now. October 28th is their only "tough" game and that is @ UCA. That is just me though, but I think they are a pretender.

Daytripper
September 24th, 2017, 09:57 AM
I had McNeese sort of lurking in that 26-30 range before this weekend. I dropped 4 or 5 guys out of my top 25 and I moved them up. It is real tough this year when you get past 12 or so in the poll.

Agree. I'm sitting here with my coffee trying to trying to sort the bottom half of the poll into something that makes sense....

POD Knows
September 24th, 2017, 09:58 AM
I got to about 15-20 before I was starting to throw darts. UCA was my last "this team is where they should be" and that was near the middle of the pack. I hear you though, but McNeese has a win over a D2, Alcorn State (1 D1 win out of 4 games), and their best "game" was a loss to Nicholls State who just got blown out of the water.

I just do not see it right now. October 28th is their only "tough" game and that is @ UCA. That is just me though, but I think they are a pretender.Everybody after 15 is a pretender, that is why the FCS tourney should only be 16 teams.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Funny how the Redbirds made it to the natty in 2014 and only lost by 2 points to NDSU, but they suddenly suck when cx500d needs that to fit his narrative.

Losing 90% of their offense in Marshaun Coprich, Tre Roberson, and Cameron Meredith to graduation and the NFL might be a reason, but continue to spin your uninformed narrative. Know facts before you look like an idiot. Anthony Warrum was their ONLY target last year. You know nothing.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Everybody after 15 is a pretender, that is why the FCS tourney should only be 16 teams.

You won't get any arguments from me on this part. Just seed everyone 1-16 and let them beat each other up, not let the MVFC take each other out and other teams get walk-ins to the later rounds.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Agree. I'm sitting here with my coffee trying to trying to sort the bottom half of the poll into something that makes sense....I know, it was brutal. I really thought this weekend would be the most boring weekend of the year and then the whole thing blew up, Christ Southern Utah lost to Sac State and they didn't just lose, they got their ass handed to them. I thought maybe SUU would be one of the top teams in the BSC, I give up on that conference. I am glad I am not in the "pick 'em" deal there because I would probably be under .500 at this point.

BTW, nice win this weekend, pretty dominant showing.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Holy **** batman. You have gone off the rails on what I have said. I made a point and you lost it. I will be at the Fargodome if/when it happens, but damn man, you have some issues to work out.

Will you help me work them out?

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 10:05 AM

They don't see it that way. lol. They can't think in more than 2 dimensions. They see the world like a 1980's video game.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Will you help me?

If/when you come back to the Fargodome, I will be there.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 10:08 AM
If/when you come back to the Fargodome, I will be there.

What about Frisco? I refuse to travel to ND during the winter. I have a strict Buddy Holly policy.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 10:14 AM
What about Frisco? I refuse to travel to ND during the winter. I have a strict Buddy Holly policy.

I have been to Frisco twice and if I can find a way to get back there again, I would.

Afraid to enjoy Fargo at its finest? That is when the tailgating is at point, is during the winter.

pvdogteam
September 24th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Wow

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 10:34 AM
I have been to Frisco twice and if I can find a way to get back there again, I would.

Afraid to enjoy Fargo at its finest? That is when the tailgating is at point, is during the winter.

No i'm scared AF to fly into that part of the country in the Winter. All honesty.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 10:35 AM
No i'm scared AF to fly into that part of the country in the Winter. All honesty.

It is not that bad, but when they go to Frisco again, I will do my best to make it down there again.

Serpentor
September 24th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Losing 90% of their offense in Marshaun Coprich, Tre Roberson, and Cameron Meredith to graduation and the NFL might be a reason, but continue to spin your uninformed narrative. Know facts before you look like an idiot. Anthony Warrum was their ONLY target last year. You know nothing.

*Blarg blarg blarg blarg blarg*

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 10:58 AM
*Blarg blarg blarg blarg blarg*

What this means is you have no idea what you are talking about and proved your ignorance when it comes to FCS football. Thank you for being an idiot, your ignorance was greatly appreciated.

Serpentor
September 24th, 2017, 11:01 AM
What this means is you have no idea what you are talking about and proved your ignorance when it comes to FCS football. Thank you for being an idiot, your ignorance was greatly appreciated.

You sure like to give yourself a high-five whenever you shift gears on your arguments. All you prove on these threads is your inconsistencies and pathetic attempts to win every argument. Also, your dog is ugly and probably has AIDS.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2017, 11:17 AM
No i'm scared AF to fly into that part of the country in the Winter. All honesty.I was flying from Fargo to some place warm once and the flight was in January. I don't like carrying a big winter coat with so I was walking to the terminal with a light jacket on, and it was about -20 air temp and a 30 mile an hour wind out of the north, probably -70 wind chill or something. There is no parking ramp at the Fargo airport, just a big assed parking lot and I was as far from the terminal as you could get. I have lived out here all my life but I almost freaking died lugging my luggage from from vehicle to the airport. I thought they were going to find my dead body in the short term area of the parking lot. It can be a mother****er up here in the winter and Fargo and Grand Forks might have the worst winter weather in the continental USA.

McNeese75
September 24th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Some explaining is needed here.No ****

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 11:55 AM
You sure like to give yourself a high-five whenever you shift gears on your arguments. All you prove on these threads is your inconsistencies and pathetic attempts to win every argument. Also, your dog is ugly and probably has AIDS.

How am I shifting? I used a logical argument in which Meredith, Coprich, and Roberson accounted for over 90% of their offense, and then UCA beats them without those guys, and the you SHSU boys get your panties in a wad when you are proven wrong. Talk about shifting gears, you should look in the mirror.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 12:04 PM

This is ...pretty great.

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 12:06 PM
I was flying from Fargo to some place warm once and the flight was in January. I don't like carrying a big winter coat with so I was walking to the terminal with a light jacket on, and it was about -20 air temp and a 30 mile an hour wind out of the north, probably -70 wind chill or something. There is no parking ramp at the Fargo airport, just a big assed parking lot and I was as far from the terminal as you could get. I have lived out here all my life but I almost freaking died lugging my luggage from from vehicle to the airport. I thought they were going to find my dead body in the short term area of the parking lot. It can be a mother****er up here in the winter and Fargo and Grand Forks might have the worst winter weather in the continental USA.

I have no doubt. I don't like the idea of trying to land a 10 ton rocket on an ice cube.

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Not all kat fans are the same, I kinda like the dog!

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 12:08 PM
PJ's sack in the second was exactly what we had been hoping to see from him once the move to interior was made. Right up the gut, overwhelmed the center. Game over.

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 12:14 PM
PJ's sack in the second was exactly what we had been hoping to see from him once the move to interior was made. Right up the gut, overwhelmed the center. Game over.
That was an awesome play. Fourcade was very uncomfortable in the pocket and wasn't effective when they tried to roll him out.

BNATION
September 24th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Big game next week. It's a catch 22 if we beat UCA soundly it would most likely hurt our seeding. Would be better to beat them 28-21. MVFC type score. Committee likes that better.

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Understand where you're coming from but seriously doubt it.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Big game next week. It's a catch 22 if we beat UCA soundly it would most likely hurt our seeding. Would be better to beat them 28-21. MVFC type score. Committee likes that better.

But look at how folks in the CAA say how their conference is so strong when JMU struggles against Maine and UNH loses to Holy Cross, who then loses to Dartmouth, and Richmond loses to Elon. Makes no sense of anyone to say Southland Conference is soft or weak.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2017, 04:58 PM
But look at how folks in the CAA say how their conference is so strong when JMU struggles against Maine and UNH loses to Holy Cross, who then loses to Dartmouth, and Richmond loses to Elon. Makes no sense of anyone to say Southland Conference is soft or weak.Both conferences suck, how about that, end of discussion. :D

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 05:09 PM
But look at how folks in the CAA say how their conference is so strong when JMU struggles against Maine and UNH loses to Holy Cross, who then loses to Dartmouth, and Richmond loses to Elon. Makes no sense of anyone to say Southland Conference is soft or weak.

I know you're used to JMU winning by 58 but beating a ranked team by 18 is usually not considered struggling you numbnuts

katstrapper
September 24th, 2017, 06:59 PM

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't matter who SHSU has on the schedule with many of you because they would all suck. Hell, Sam Houston could play OU or Alabama or Clemson and the same "SHSU plays weak teams" would still be said.

What about NDSU playing Robert Morris and Mississippi Valley St this year? Anybody talking about that?

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Both conferences suck, how about that, end of discussion. :D

Compared to the MVFC you are absolutely correct!

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Both conferences suck, how about that, end of discussion. :D

lol. Finally a man of reason! Well played!

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 07:41 PM
I know you're used to JMU winning by 58 but beating a ranked team by 18 is usually not considered struggling you numbnuts

So what is the "non struggling" point spread cutoff officially? You know, just so we can establish a baseline of discussion.

Again with the childish name calling in an SHSU thread by little Durty. Imagine that.

Was the JMU vs Maine game played in Maine or JMUVille?

Katfan
September 24th, 2017, 07:43 PM
This year so far, compared to the MVFC every other conference isn't close in the number of quality teams. All the discussion about who sucks less gets a little old. It's doesn't matter at the end of the day only one team wins the ship and it appears there are several teams that have a shot from different conferences

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:27 PM
It wouldn't matter who SHSU has on the schedule with many of you because they would all suck. Hell, Sam Houston could play OU or Alabama or Clemson and the same "SHSU plays weak teams" would still be said.

What about NDSU playing Robert Morris and Mississippi Valley St this year? Anybody talking about that?

Well I think there's two things - 1) NDSU has the MVFC to increase their SOS and SHSU doesn't, and 2) they're the 5 time champs, a proven commodity. SHSU's playoff record includes a bunch of blowouts.

But I do agree those teams are cupcakes.

So what is the "non struggling" point spread cutoff officially? You know, just so we can establish a baseline of discussion.

Again with the childish name calling in an SHSU thread by little Durty. Imagine that.

Was the JMU vs Maine game played in Maine or JMUVille?

Where did I call anyone names?

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Well I think there's two things - 1) NDSU has the MVFC to increase their SOS and SHSU doesn't, and 2) they're the 5 time champs, a proven commodity. SHSU's playoff record includes a bunch of blowouts.

Show us these blowouts....numnuts.

DirtyDukes
September 24th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Show us these blowouts....numnuts.

Really?

milleniumkat
September 24th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Really?

How many wins on that resume? Oh that's right, only 3-4 teams deserve to be in the playoffs anyway. Sorry i forgot. Continue with your hijacking.

fmrbearkat
September 24th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Really?

Aside from two games in which our QB was out or fighting major injury what else you got??? Two games in which INJURY to the most important player on our team both of which we were facing a top 1/2 team??? Injuries 12-14 games into a season are bound to happen. You just choose to use games in which the injured player was the one person that our offensive style can’t afford to lose.

So when we have our starting QB at full speed....where exactly are your examples???

fmrbearkat
September 24th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Now back to a game from this year...

Just gonna leave this right here...

you might want to wait and see how our Defense plays a few more games before you say that. 2/4 starting DL were out entire game including PJ and a 3rd (our second best #49) didn't play second half. Safety that was defensive player of the week last week was out too. All should be back ready to go.

Now granted im not really gonna try to defend that defense right now other than to say I was on the sidelines and they were gassed. Bad in the 2nd half. PJ and Roberson will side by side will free up the the LBs to make plays. That said the LBs need to start making better reads and do it quicker. DB's were better but still ways to go.

Been on sidelines both games and know we have the best athletes we have ever had on defense and I THINK they are close to being the best Defense we've had since 2011 but they may prove me an optimistic homer.

Whatever the case maybe that was an embarrassing game much more so than even the JMU or JSU game IMO.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 09:51 PM

Southland Conference is probably a stronger conference this year than the CAA.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2017, 06:57 AM

Where did I call anyone names?MVSU and RMU are an insult to cupcakes.

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Great post! So true.

Now back to a game from this year...

Just gonna leave this right here...

milleniumkat
September 25th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Yes shsu has a resume of losing big to top ranked teams. that's a fact.

But there are just as many, if not more, upsets over higher ranked, seeded opponents. that's on there too. the committee seed that.

They don't however see any home losses to unseeded teams. the committee sees that.

everyone complains about shsu preseason and on season rankings being inaccurate and that's just ignorant of the facts.

Only once in its entire playoff history had shsu ever lost in the playoffs to a non Playoff finalist. think about that. let it sink in.

2001,2004,2011,2012, 2014,2016..,,Lost to champion.

2013..Lost to Quarterfinalist (seeded sela)

2015...Lost to finalist

All the antagonists like to point to that and claim that shsu fans are trying to justify losses. that's false.

This discussion is a simple analysis of Playoff Power Rankings. That's all polls really are, is power rankings used to place teams into seeds to determine relative strength. Yes, shsu has gotten stomped bu teams at the top, but teams outside the top 5 have had NO HOPE vs the kats. Except of course for SELA who happens to be an SLC team btw.

So the opening polls that place shsu inside the top five is absolutely, historically and universally accurate based on win/loss performance. Basically, if you are not considered a title contender, then your team has no hope to beat shsu.

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Thanks MK. These facts kill the narrative. I'd like to see responses to this..... crickets I'm guessing.....

The Pud
September 25th, 2017, 08:19 AM
MVSU and RMU are an insult to cupcakes.

hahahaha!

The Pud
September 25th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Yes shsu has a resume of losing big to top ranked teams. that's a fact.

But there are just as many, if not more, upsets over higher ranked, seeded opponents. that's on there too. the committee seed that.

They don't however see any home losses to unseeded teams. the committee sees that.

everyone complains about shsu preseason and on season rankings being inaccurate and that's just ignorant of the facts.

Only once in its entire playoff history had shsu ever lost in the playoffs to a non Playoff finalist. think about that. let it sink in.

2013..Lost to Quarterfinalist (seeded sela)

2015...Lost to finalist

All the antagonists like to point to that and claim that shsu fans are trying to justify losses. that's false.

This discussion is a simple analysis of Playoff Power Rankings. That's all polls really are, is power rankings used to place teams into seeds to determine relative strength. Yes, shsu has gotten stomped bu teams at the top, but teams outside the top 5 have had NO HOPE vs the kats. Except of course for SELA who happens to be an SLC team btw.

So the opening polls that place shsu inside the top five is absolutely, historically and universally accurate based on win/loss performance. Basically, if you are not considered a title contender, then your team has no hope to beat shsu.

^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

xnodx xthumbsupx

DirtyDukes
September 25th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Its not who you lost to its the way you lost. Do you really not see that?

The Pud
September 25th, 2017, 08:45 AM

2013..Lost to Quarterfinalist (seeded sela, who is by the way a SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE team)

2015...Lost to finalist

BNATION
September 25th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Lets kill the thread guys. On to UCA, updated rankings should be out today. Ready to see what shakes up!

The Pud
September 25th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Lets kill the thread guys. On to UCA, updated rankings should be out today. Ready to see what shakes up!

Agreed

milleniumkat
September 26th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Its not who you lost to its the way you lost. Do you really not see that?

it's absolutely the opposite of that. it's all about WHO you lose to. do you not see that? You only think that because it benefits your schtick. the facts are that logic is as dumb as a bag of clits. So if you lose to a non scholarship team by one score that's acceptable when you are a top 4 seed? no egging way. that's an upset you dumbass. it's not ok. So you cool with losing to RMU by one? you are too dumb to waste time with. eff off.

JSUSoutherner
September 26th, 2017, 02:09 PM
it's absolutely the opposite of that. it's all about WHO you lose to. do you not see that? You only think that because it benefits your schtick. the facts are that logic is as dumb as a bag of clits. So if you lose to a non scholarship team by one score that's acceptable when you are a top 4 seed? no egging way. that's an upset you dumbass. it's not ok. So you cool with losing to RMU by one? you are too dumb to waste time with. eff off.

Are you saying the times you got blown out in the playoffs are upsets?

DirtyDukes
September 26th, 2017, 02:42 PM

I have no idea what he's saying. I literally can't follow his logic. I'm trying, MK, I really am.

Are you also saying a 1 pt loss and a 58 pt loss are the same? And how does an upset relate to you guys getting blown out a bunch?

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Ill telk you you what I can relate to... Boobs and Liquer. Love it. Never let's me down.

I have no idea what he's saying. I literally can't follow his logic. I'm trying, MK, I really am.

Are you also saying a 1 pt loss and a 58 pt loss are the same? And how does an upset relate to you guys getting blown out a bunch?

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Serious question. Are you the only JSU fan on this site? I feel like your the only one I see post. Maybe I'm crazy.

Serpentor
September 26th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Serious question. Are you the only JSU fan on this site? I feel like your the only one I see post. Maybe I'm crazy.

I think there's two other guys, both with cartoon chickens as their avatars. But not the guy with Foghorn Leghorn who ends all his posts with BAWWWK! No clue who he's a fan of...

JSUSoutherner
September 26th, 2017, 03:03 PM

There's a couple others that post from time to time but I'm the only consistent poster. Cocky posts some but not nearly as frequently as I do. There's a few that just follow the discussions.

I think there's two other guys, both with cartoon chickens as their avatars. But not the guy with Foghorn Leghorn and ends all his posts with BAWWWK! No clue who he's a fan of...

Mr. Chicken is a Delaware fan.

milleniumkat
September 26th, 2017, 05:42 PM

lol. Are you that ignorant? No. We were the lower ranked team. Now when we beat YOU in 2014, that was an upset. Hence, the tearful press conference.

milleniumkat
September 26th, 2017, 05:46 PM

Look, let's do everyone a favor.

We don't see eye to eye on this. That's fine with me. We place different values in different things. I believe if my team is going to lose, i'd MUCH prefer getting our asses kicked than to lose a close one and spend the summer wondering what might have been. Thay EWU loss comes to mind, choking that way and coming from ahead to lose is no effing fun. Much worse than saying "well, the other team is just flat out better in every way and we had no business in the same zip code as them"

I much prefer to know that we have lots still to work on. No problem with that because i'm happy with the size of my penis.

You don't see it that way, i get it and respect it, you have your own struggles. that's fine.

So let's agree to disagree and move on. I won't change your mind. You won't change mine. No need to spend post after post arguing like girls.

So i'm moving on.

DirtyDukes
September 26th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Look, let's do everyone a favor.

We don't see eye to eye on this. That's fine with me. We place different values in different things. I believe if my team is going to lose, i'd MUCH prefer getting our asses kicked than to lose a close one and spend the summer wondering what might have been. Thay EWU loss comes to mind, choking that way and coming from ahead to lose is no effing fun. Much worse than saying "well, the other team is just flat out better in every way and we had no business in the same zip code as them"

I much prefer to know that we have lots still to work on. No problem with that because i'm happy with the size of my penis.

You don't see it that way, i get it and respect it, you have your own struggles. that's fine.

So let's agree to disagree and move on. I won't change your mind. You won't change mine. No need to spend post after post arguing like girls.

So i'm moving on.

Can we agree on the fact we will have an amazing tailgate when SHSU comes to JMU in the semifinal?

BNATION
September 26th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Ill agree to that. I'll bring the booze.

Can we agree on the fact we will have an amazing tailgate when SHSU comes to JMU in the semifinal?

Nickels
September 26th, 2017, 07:29 PM
From what my friends that attended JMU last year claimed, your town and fanbase is full of assholes. I seriously doubt those folks will want to have a drink with you. Go drink with ANTIFA.

DirtyDukes
September 26th, 2017, 07:35 PM
From what my friends that attended JMU last year claimed, your town and fanbase is full of assholes. I seriously doubt those folks will want to have a drink with you. Go drink with ANTIFA.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpax8yxyFy1qip14mo1_500.gif

If they're friends with you, I'm not surprised

Serpentor
September 26th, 2017, 08:08 PM

How active is your tailgate section?

DirtyDukes
September 26th, 2017, 10:20 PM

Very active. We have multiple lots (6-7) that are completely full of tailgaters, ranging from the high donor lots with high end tailgates, to the student lots with mostly cheap beer. I'd wager we're up there with NDSU - maybe not as dedicated in all types of weather but we make up for it in numbers and just shear space occupied by tailgaters.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 26th, 2017, 11:13 PM

Sexually?

Its a lot like the SHSU tailgates but with far less guy on guy action............

Serpentor
September 27th, 2017, 12:40 AM
Sexually?

Its a lot like the SHSU tailgates but with far less guy on guy action............

I was going to say something snide in response, but you live in Montana, that's punishment enough.

Schism55
September 27th, 2017, 01:41 AM
I was going to say something snide in response, but you live in Montana, that's punishment enough.
You need to check yourself into a mental hospital immediately if you would prefer living in Texas over Montana xeyebrowx

Daytripper
September 27th, 2017, 05:38 AM
Somebody needs to put a bullet in the head of this thread....

cx500d
September 27th, 2017, 08:16 AM
You need to check yourself into a mental hospital immediately if you would prefer living in Texas over Montana xeyebrowx

Yeah, although when I retire I'm going to miss #RealBBQ and the music scene here in TX.