PDA

View Full Version : 2017-09-23 AGS GOTW Week 4

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2017, 03:18 PM
We had 85 votes last week. Nice work people, we are edging toward that century mark and hopefully we will hit it soon.

Villanova - Albany
Is Albany about to take the next step up the CAA ladder? I think they might be and if so their defense is gonna be stepping it up for them.

Nicholls - Sam Houston State
Nicholls is a much improving program and handled Prairie View much better than Sammy. This could have a lot of impact on the Southland conference race considering Nicholls doesn't play Central Arkansas.

Tennessee State - UT Martin
The only loss between the two is UTM's loss to Ole Miss. This may very well be the game that decides the OVC if JSU doesn't get their act together on offense.

JMU - Maine
I think Maine is for real. I just don't know how for real they are and they shouldn't win this one...but what if they do...

UC Davis - Weber State
common thought would say EWU @ Montana, but UC-Davis has started impressively beating up on two teams that have looked decent otherwise and only having a loss to an FBS school that just beat Stanford. Weber State looks almost better than last season so far.

Thanks for the help this week picking the games go to Dirty, MTFan, and JSU Southerner. Appreciate the kick ins.

I can see if you look at the thread, I can see if you don't vote. Do not be the lazy ass that can't tick a button and cast a vote. Trust me, your job and what I am asking of you is much easier than what am I doing in the process.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Two really good games will be JMU/Maine and SHSU/Nicholls

crusader11
September 18th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Elon - Richmond should be included, IMO.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Poll is added now.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2017, 03:24 PM
It's SHSU/Nicholls. The first opportunity to find out just how strong the SLC really is.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2017, 03:25 PM

Who do they replace?

They were considered.

Eon is looking good and can they beat Richmond...gonna be interesting but not more interesting than either of the two CAA games already there.

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2017, 03:27 PM
I'm so torn.

crusader11
September 18th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Who do they replace?

They were considered.

Eon is looking good and can they beat Richmond...gonna be interesting but not more interesting than either of the two CAA games already there.

That's fair. I, personally, think it will be a better game than JMU - Maine.

Mayville Bison
September 18th, 2017, 03:30 PM

Yeah, I'm more intrigued by this game then by Nova/Albany. I'd still vote SHSU/Nicholls though. I don't think Nicholls is quite there yet, but definitely moving in the right direction. A Nicholls win will cause quite a bit of commotion with the SLC race and would fuel some trolls even more so while a Sammy win would either A)belittle Nicholls to another scrub team on Sammy's resume or B)show Sammy is (currently) deserving of a top 4 spot.

Serpentor
September 18th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Remove the SHSU-Nicholls game and replace with Jacksonville State-Liberty.

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2017, 03:32 PM
JSU-Liberty was thrown around but due to Liberty's transition it was left off.

Serpentor
September 18th, 2017, 03:33 PM

Ah. Still, will probably be a good game.

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Ah. Still, will probably be a good game.
Hopefully. If the weather cooperates should be a great atmosphere too. Likely 21,500+ IMO.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2017, 03:35 PM
That's fair. I, personally, think it will be a better game than JMU - Maine.

It might be but as I said in the reasoning...it might not be and that is gonna be what makes that one fairly shiny to me...the "what if" factor. Elon/Richmond is in that exact same scenario but just would have a little bit less boom if the under takes the over in the game just because of where JMU sits right now.

It is a worthy pick for sure though 11.xthumbsupx

Katfan
September 18th, 2017, 03:35 PM
That will be a big game. I think you win! They may not score.

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2017, 03:36 PM
That will be a big game. I think you win! They may not score.
If Horn can't hold the ball we may not either. (Yes I'm still salty about GT)

Katfan
September 18th, 2017, 03:38 PM
If Horn can't hold the ball we may not either.
As long as he doesn't throw it to the bad guys you'll be fine.

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2017, 03:42 PM
As long as he doesn't throw it to the bad guys you'll be fine.
Exactly. He's been fine apart from the TOs. The receivers could stand to drop less but if we can cut the giveaways we will be one solid team.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2017, 04:03 PM
EWU @ Montana..................................early critical game for both.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I had to go with Nicholls since if they win, SHSU fans will get eaten like prawn on this board, and if they lose, the Southland is once again, a very weak 1-2 bid conference. It is really a lose-ultra lose for SHSU.

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 04:10 PM

male to female?

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2017, 04:55 PM
I had to go with Nicholls since if they win, SHSU fans will get eaten like prawn on this board, and if they lose, the Southland is once again, a very weak 1-2 bid conference. It is really a lose-ultra lose for SHSU.

This guy, he gets it.

Serpentor
September 18th, 2017, 05:06 PM
This guy, he gets it.

You'll have to forgive the JMU fans folks, they've been eating nothing but cupcakes all season long, upset stomach has them being irritable.

Bison56
September 18th, 2017, 05:11 PM
You'll have to forgive the JMU fans folks, they've been eating nothing but cupcakes all season long, upset stomach has them being irritable.
xlolx

Winterborn
September 18th, 2017, 05:22 PM

male to female?

Non-binary and intersex

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Non-binary and intersex

Never assume gender... xthumbsupx

Daytripper
September 18th, 2017, 05:29 PM

This.

Winterborn
September 18th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Non-binary and intersex

Never assume gender... xthumbsupx

I didn't. :D

non·bi·na·ryadjective: non-binary

not relating to, composed of, or involving just two things.
"Aristotelian ontology is nonbinary on the second level in that it allows for degrees of being"

denoting or relating to a gender or sexual identity that is not defined in terms of traditional binary oppositions such as male and female or homosexual and heterosexual.

Back on topic: JMU vs Maine - At least this game will tell us something we don't already know. Sam Houston is going to Sam Houston it sooner or later. Probably when it matters most.

Milktruck74
September 18th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Why not the Mocs vs VMI....One team can't move the ball and the other was beat by a mediocre D2 squad....should make for a decent match up. Hahaha.

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 06:27 PM

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/good-job-succes-nailed-it/good-job44.gif

DirtyDukes
September 18th, 2017, 06:53 PM

Careful everyone, don't agree with someone disagreeing with Serp or he'll send you nastygram PMs.

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Careful everyone, don't agree with someone disagreeing with Serp or he'll send you nastygram PMs.

Well I feel left out. Sammy sucks.

also furman

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 07:09 PM

You would know what that's like...

Serpentor
September 18th, 2017, 07:13 PM

DirtyDouche has a particularly bad case of the tummy aches. Usually comes up in his normal verbal diarrhea.

The Pud
September 18th, 2017, 07:16 PM
It's SHSU/Nicholls. The first opportunity to find out just how strong the SLC really is.

With JMU's #weak strength of schedule in 2017 we will have to wait until they reach the playoffs to see if they are worthy of high praise

#cupcake schedule
#soft schedule
#sad

Katfan
September 18th, 2017, 07:24 PM
With JMU's #weak strength of schedule in 2017 we will have to wait until they reach the playoffs to see if they are worthy of high praise

#cupcake schedule
#soft schedule
#sad
Good grief!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2017, 07:30 PM
I picked Nicholls-SHSU thinking it had no chance against the CAA games and sure enough it's dominating...lol

ST_Lawson
September 18th, 2017, 07:36 PM

My thought as well. Kinda a "down week" for the MVFC (only 4 games including 5 MVFC teams) so I'll be paying a lot of attention to this one too.

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 07:38 PM
I picked Nicholls-SHSU thinking it had no chance against the CAA games and sure enough it's dominating...lol

Its because of Kingpins post....Its a lose lose for Sammy. It'll be like halloween the day after that game with all the trolls out either way it ends.

Katfan
September 18th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Its because of Kingpins post....Its a lose lose for Sammy. It'll be like halloween the day after that game with all the trolls out either way it ends.
+1 it's not a vote for this game as much as a vote against the Sam trolls on this board.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2017, 07:49 PM

I didn't see his post before I voted. I just voted and went from there. I'm honestly interested in Nicholls State. If they play a more reasonable schedule last year they're in the playoffs imo. After several horrible years NSU seems to be back in the mix nationally. They were legitimately good when I really started following FCS closely on a national level in the late 90's.

kdinva
September 18th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Who do they replace?

They were considered.

Elon is looking good and can they beat Richmond...gonna be interesting but not more interesting than either of the two CAA games already there.

If Elon can stay within 21 of the Spiders......they'll be taken more seriously the balance of the season..

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Two really good games will be JMU/Maine and SHSU/NichollsJMU will destroy Maine

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 09:37 PM
JMU will destroy Maine

No #Bookit, so it must be true

Schism55
September 18th, 2017, 10:55 PM
My b-day is saturday, sooo the GotW will be my constitutions vs. copious amounts of smoked meat, saturated fat, Shipwrecked douple IPA and a big ole bag of Durban Poison! xdrunkyxxdrunkyx

clawman
September 18th, 2017, 11:05 PM
EWU @ Montana, may be the most important Big Sky game all year

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2017, 11:11 PM
My b-day is saturday, sooo the GotW will be my constitutions vs. copious amounts of smoked meat, saturated fat, Shipwrecked douple IPA and a big ole bag of Durban Poison! xdrunkyxxdrunkyx

You are my spirit animal. xlolx

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2017, 11:11 PM

Agree.

citdog
September 18th, 2017, 11:20 PM

So could Davis @ Weber...

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2017, 01:15 AM
No #Bookit, so it must be true

Someone's catching on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pud
September 19th, 2017, 06:33 AM
+1 it's not a vote for this game as much as a vote against the Sam trolls on this board.

+17

DirtyDukes
September 19th, 2017, 09:22 AM
DirtyDouche has a particularly bad case of the tummy aches. Usually comes up in his normal verbal diarrhea.

At least I don't go running to PMs to beg people to stop agreeing with the mean man who said bad things about my team.

And there are so many, case and point:

+17

https://m.popkey.co/49e5b4/EpbLm_s-200x150.gif

nevadagriz
September 19th, 2017, 09:35 AM
A ton of great early season match-ups.
Davis vs Weber st was on no ones radar a few weeks ago.
UND vs msu is another game that some thought would be a easy win for UND before the season, now toss up!
I voted for nicholls vs sammy

Serpentor
September 19th, 2017, 09:51 AM
At least I don't go running to PMs to beg people to stop agreeing with the mean man who said bad things about my team.

Brent Musberger: "And it looks like the coach is sending DirtyDukes in with the desperate Hail Mary attempt at an insult!"
Kirk Herbstreit: "And it fails spectacularly! Maybe if he tries that exact same insult 50 more times it'll eventually work."
Brent Musberger: "Doubtful, Kirk. A sad showing all around!"

DirtyDukes
September 19th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Brent Musberger: "And it looks like the coach is sending DirtyDukes in with the desperate Hail Mary attempt at an insult!"
Kirk Herbstreit: "And it fails spectacularly! Maybe if he tries that exact same insult 50 more times it'll eventually work."
Brent Musberger: "Doubtful, Kirk. A sad showing all around!"

You should direct your time in a more constructive manner, like finishing that Nickels and Serp fanfic you're writing. I know if you keep trying you'll wear down his mean, racist exterior and turn him into the man you want.

Serpentor
September 19th, 2017, 10:06 AM
You should direct your time in a more constructive manner, like finishing that Nickels and Serp fanfic you're writing. I know if you keep trying you'll wear down his mean, racist exterior and turn him into the man you want.

It is a saucy tale of Southern romance, betrayal and lingering racial tension. I'm calling it "The War of Southern Repression."

DirtyDukes
September 19th, 2017, 10:11 AM
It is a saucy tale of Southern romance, betrayal and lingering racial tension. I'm calling it "The War of Southern Repression."

Hahaha, see! You're talented.

Serpentor
September 19th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Hahaha, see! You're talented.

You know DD, I'm willing to bury the hatchet on this whole thing. Life is too short, and the sting of a 58-point loss has faded with time. You're all right.

DirtyDukes
September 19th, 2017, 10:20 AM
You know DD, I'm willing to bury the hatchet on this whole thing. Life is too short, and the sting of a 58-point loss has faded with time. You're all right.

https://i.giphy.com/media/12VsIFrluTDxhC/giphy.webp

Serpentor
September 19th, 2017, 10:21 AM
AGS isn't just a place to talk football. It's a place of healing...

Gangtackle11
September 19th, 2017, 10:35 AM
AGS isn't just a place to talk football. It's a place of healing...

Group hug time?

The Cats
September 19th, 2017, 10:43 AM

I agree.... JSU/Liberty will be a much better game.

Serpentor
September 19th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Group hug time?

THIS, I COMMAND!

I agree.... JSU/Liberty will be a much better game.

JSUSoutherner said the powers that be already shut that idea down to due to Liberty's FBS transition. Oh wells.

BestDaneSinceHamlet
September 19th, 2017, 12:12 PM
I think the Albany/Nova game represents a true challenge to the newer teams in the league. An Albany win, plus improving Elon and Stony Brook show that the league made the right call expanding to these teams and upsets the status quo a bit. No one's touching JMU but this game goes a long way towards the playoffs. Perhaps more than any other on this board, especially since UA was 1st team out last year.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2017, 12:13 PM
This is the way it should be people. 2nd day, 76 votes. Keep it going, and thanks for participating.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2017, 12:17 PM
THIS, I COMMAND!

JSUSoutherner said the powers that be already shut that idea down to due to Liberty's FBS transition. Oh wells.

True. THAT I COMMANDED!

It probably will be a good game. This is about FCS vs. FCS match ups and they have moved beyond true FCS and thus are not eligible by my count.

SU DOG
September 19th, 2017, 01:10 PM
I really don't think that Liberty will give JSU much of a problem, and I would not be surprised with a blowout. Maybe the implications are not high enough, but Samford @ Western Carolina is certainly an interesting matchup.

Htownbearkat
September 19th, 2017, 02:20 PM

If Only The Bearkats could of played a team from the strong CAA.

JSUSoutherner
September 19th, 2017, 02:36 PM
I really don't think that Liberty will give JSU much of a problem, and I would not be surprised with a blowout. Maybe the implications are not high enough, but Samford @ Western Carolina is certainly an interesting matchup.
Man if our DBs can hold it down and Horn can limit the turnovers it's gonna get real ugly real quick.

The Pud
September 19th, 2017, 05:22 PM
If Only The Bearkats could of played a team from the strong CAA.

hahahahaha! I see what you did there! xthumbsupx

Catbooster
September 19th, 2017, 11:50 PM
vote

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2017, 11:59 PM
vote

You heard him.

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Let's jump to that century mark. Only 8 to go.

pvdogteam
September 20th, 2017, 08:34 AM

That's the game I'm checking out

jmufan999
September 20th, 2017, 08:36 AM
I think the Albany/Nova game represents a true challenge to the newer teams in the league.

it's the game I voted for, also.

Serpentor
September 20th, 2017, 09:58 AM
All you folks voting for the Nicholls-SHSU game are horrible enablers. Giving poor Nicholls false hope like that...

I'm going with 'Nova-Albany myself.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 20th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Vote.

Daytripper
September 21st, 2017, 05:38 AM
99 votes if my math is right.

BisonFan02
September 21st, 2017, 08:45 AM
Vote.

https://i.imgur.com/XCAN1MY.gif

The Pud
September 21st, 2017, 09:14 AM
I went for Albany vs. Villa

ST_Lawson
September 21st, 2017, 10:24 AM
I went for Albany vs. Villa

https://i.imgur.com/037Q5ox.jpg?1

VS

https://i.imgur.com/gQdVrxH.jpg

TheKingpin28
September 21st, 2017, 03:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XCAN1MY.gif

The keks were had today

ursus arctos horribilis
September 21st, 2017, 04:08 PM
Voters 100

Nice work in getting of yer ass people. I tip my cap to ya.xbowx

BisonFan02
September 21st, 2017, 04:30 PM
Voters 100

Nice work in getting of yer ass people. I tip my cap to ya.xbowx

All your ass are belong to ursus.

Serpentor
September 21st, 2017, 05:20 PM
The keks were had today

I see your kek and raise you REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

TheKingpin28
September 21st, 2017, 05:53 PM
I see your kek and raise you REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

All Hail Blue Whale!

cx500d
September 21st, 2017, 06:17 PM
All your ass are belong to ursus.

Main screen turn on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano