BisonTru

Lorne_Malvo

Sycamore62

Thumper 76

If I made a mistake let me know.

Here is a link the week 1 picks.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...-1-predictions

Here is a link the week 2 picks.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...-2-predictions (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?195330-MVFC-week-2-predictions)

Here is a link the week 3 picks.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?195665-MVFC-week-3-predictions

Here are the rules;
1. Games must be picked 30 minutes before kick off of the FIRST game.
2. Playoffs will count but I haven't figured out the rules yet.
3. 1 point per game picked correctly.
4. If you change a pick before the deadline of one game but after the deadline of another game quote your previous post so that way I can verify that you didn't change other games.
5. You will win exactly nothing...Except a larger egohttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/smilies/biggrin2.png
6. Please make it easier for me and use the school name, abbreviation or mascot (i.e. NDSU, North Dakota State University or Bison).
7. If you miss 3 weeks you I will not be counting your score.

Here are the games for week 4.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26055&stc=1

Illinois State at Missouri State
Western Illinois at Coastal Carolina
Southern Illinois at Memphis
Robert Morris at North Dakota State University

Good luck to all.

Dewey

dewey
September 17th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Winners bolded;

Dewey

RowdyRabbit
September 17th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Illinois State
Coastal Carolina
Memphis
NDSU

bonarae
September 18th, 2017, 03:30 AM
Illinois State
Western Illinois
Memphis
North Dakota State

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Illinois State
Western Illinois
Memphis
North Dakota State University

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 07:28 AM

ysubigred
September 18th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Illinois State at Missouri State 41-24
Western Illinois at Coastal Carolina 30-21
Southern Illinois at Memphis 63-31
Robert Morris at North Dakota State University 117-2

mango433
September 18th, 2017, 08:54 AM

BirdistheWord
September 18th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Illinois State
Coastal Carolina
Memphis
North Dakota State

Sycamore62
September 18th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Illinois State at Missouri State 41-24
Western Illinois at Coastal Carolina 30-21
Southern Illinois at Memphis 63-31
Robert Morris at North Dakota State University 117-2

are you saying that NDSU is going to take so many knees in the 4th qtr they will have backed themselves up to the goal line?

Bisonator
September 18th, 2017, 09:05 AM

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2017, 09:08 AM
ISUr
Coastal
Memphis
NDSU

Evolution Prime
September 18th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Illinois State
Coastal Carolina
Memphis
North Dakota State

ST_Lawson
September 18th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Illinois State
Western Illinois
Memphis
North Dakota State

birdsflyhigh
September 18th, 2017, 09:37 AM
MVFC week #4, and I'm just one spot from the top....sure it's a 14 way tie for the 2 spot, but hey. Okay, here goes:

Winners:

Redbirds (ISU handles MSU in the official start of 2017 MVFC play)
Necks (Will be a resume booster as WIU gets the roadie)
Memphis (though SIU may give them a run for the money)
Bison (yeah)

Short week, but the craziness of the MVFC meat grinder will begin full-swing next week, then it'll be Valley wars....cool :)

Redbird 4th & short
September 18th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Illinois State at Missouri State .. our defense is just too strong; our OL is on nice track with 4.5 lost starters; only concern is we are still solidifying who the 5 will be. Redbirds by 3 TDs.

Western Illinois at Coastal Carolina .. WIU seems to have toughened up this year - defense and run game have improved considerably, and they lost very few starters, so I think they continue to impress. CCU lost 6.6 starters from offense in their 1st FBS year. They've done ok against weak SOS so far. WIU guts out a close one on road.

Southern Illinois at Memphis .. SIU didn't impress as much as I expected in week 3, so i don't see any surprises here. Memphis by at least 17

Robert Morris at North Dakota State University ... nuff said

underdawg
September 18th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Redbirds--but at MSU may be closer

Necks--perhaps the easiest FCS-FBS match-up in history--Coastal just started FBS and is in the weak Sunbelt

Memphis--need you ask? Hope they are paying us a lot of $$ and no-one gets hurt for the home match-up with the Panthers

Bison--another top notch FCS win for mighty NDSU

UNIFanSince1983
September 18th, 2017, 09:48 AM
ISUr
Coastal
Memphis
NDSU

ST_Lawson
September 18th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Necks--perhaps the easiest FCS-FBS match-up in history--Coastal just started FBS and is in the weak Sunbelt

I think there's been a few easier ones out there...even just this year, JMU vs ECU. Dukes were favored by...what...a TD going into the game?
As of right now, Massey has Western favored by a FG and Sagarin us pretty much dead even (although CCU technically favored by .23 points).
So, we're about even odds with CCU...maybe with a slight edge, but not quite the relatively expected JMU win that became a 20-point rout.

I think I'm more nervous about this game than I would be if we were playing someone from the Big 10. In that game...we'd have nothing to lose...it would be expected of us to lose. In this game, we stand a good chance of winning and many expect us to win...so really it feels more like playing a decent FCS team instead of an FBS. I feel like this is one of those games where if we lose, we could drop in rankings, despite it being an FBS team.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I think there's been a few easier ones out there...even just this year, JMU vs ECU. Dukes were favored by...what...a TD going into the game?
As of right now, Massey has Western favored by a FG and Sagarin us pretty much dead even (although CCU technically favored by .23 points).
So, we're about even odds with CCU...maybe with a slight edge, but not quite the relatively expected JMU win that became a 20-point rout.

I think I'm more nervous about this game than I would be if we were playing someone from the Big 10. In that game...we'd have nothing to lose...it would be expected of us to lose. In this game, we stand a good chance of winning and many expect us to win...so really it feels more like playing a decent FCS team instead of an FBS. I feel like this is one of those games where if we lose, we could drop in rankings, despite it being an FBS team.Don't get UNI'd out there, just win the ****er.

ST_Lawson
September 18th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Don't get UNI'd out there, just win the ****er.

I know...I know...

Just do what we know how to do...stop the run, pressure the QB, get our running game rolling and hit some strategic passes.
Walk away with a win and a big fat check.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I know...I know...

Just do what we know how to do...stop the run, pressure the QB, get our running game rolling and hit some strategic passes.
Walk away with a win and a big fat check.Or block some field goals, that has seemed to do the trick with them in the past.

Gil Dobie
September 18th, 2017, 11:03 AM

Bison56
September 18th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Illinois State
Western Illinois
Memphis
North Dakota State

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Illinois St
Western Ill
Memphis
North Dakota St

DCWIU11
September 18th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Illinois State
Western Illinois
Memphis

Yote84
September 18th, 2017, 11:53 AM

CappinHard
September 18th, 2017, 11:55 AM

CappinHard
September 18th, 2017, 11:58 AM

I think I'm more nervous about this game than I would be if we were playing someone from the Big 10. In that game...we'd have nothing to lose...it would be expected of us to lose. In this game, we stand a good chance of winning and many expect us to win...so really it feels more like playing a decent FCS team instead of an FBS. I feel like this is one of those games where if we lose, we could drop in rankings, despite it being an FBS team.

5dimes says WIU is favored by 4.5. Too bad, I wish they had CCU favored, could have been a nice opportunity.

The Yo Show
September 18th, 2017, 12:14 PM

Penguin Nation
September 18th, 2017, 01:04 PM
http://www.valley-football.org/images/logos/Illinois_State.png?width=30 http://www.valley-football.org/images/logos/Western-Illinois.png?width=30

http://www.valley-football.org/images/logos/University-of-Memphis.png?width=30

http://www.valley-football.org/images/logos/North_Dakota_State.png?width=30

mmiller_34
September 18th, 2017, 01:25 PM

Mayville Bison
September 18th, 2017, 01:44 PM

caribbeanhen
September 18th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Illinois State
Western Illinois
Memphis
North Dakota State

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Illinois State
Western Illinois
Memphis

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Ill State
WIU **
Memphis
NDSU

** this one is a tough call for me. WIU has 7 away games this year....will they run out of gas for this one?

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Ill State
WIU **
Memphis
NDSU

** this one is a tough call for me. WIU has 7 away games this year....will they run out of gas for this one?
I hope not, they had a bye last weekend

The Pud
September 19th, 2017, 06:38 AM
I hope not, they had a bye last weekend

me to0

UpstateBison
September 19th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Ill State
Coastal Carolina
Memphis
NDSU

skinny_uncle
September 19th, 2017, 10:03 AM

Sycamore62
September 19th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Ill State
WIU **
Memphis
NDSU

6 of them get the team out of Illinois so it could be a positive. The only concern is that when many Illinois residents leave Illinois they dont come back

RabidRabbit
September 19th, 2017, 11:38 AM
ISUr
WIU
NDSU
Memphis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World
September 19th, 2017, 04:28 PM

Redbird 4th & short
September 19th, 2017, 05:19 PM
6 of them get the team out of Illinois so it could be a positive. The only concern is that when many Illinois residents leave Illinois they dont come back

just because the Chicago, Cook County, and State of Illinois are all riddled with corruption and serious budget issues ... doesn't mean we don't want to come back .. we're all just wondering who's going to pay those bills. A truly great city and state otherwise.

Which begs the way overused punch line ... "so other than that Mrs Lincoln, what did you think of the play ??" xbawlingxxbawlingx

Professor Chaos
September 20th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Illinois St at Missouri St - Blowout
Western Illinois at Coastal Carolina - Going with a gut feeling on this one - I just think all these road games will catch up to WIU
Southern Illinois at Memphis - This is a classic trap game for Memphis following their big win against UCLA but I don't have the guts to pick SIU - it'll be closer than the spread expects though
Robert Morris at North Dakota St - Another blowout

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 09:00 AM
just because the Chicago, Cook County, and State of Illinois are all riddled with corruption and serious budget issues ... doesn't mean we don't want to come back .. we're all just wondering who's going to pay those bills. A truly great city and state otherwise.

Which begs the way overused punch line ... "so other than that Mrs Lincoln, what did you think of the play ??" xbawlingxxbawlingx

I talk a lot of crap but aside from my time in Terre Haute, I've lived here with no intent to move.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or are bye weeks the most dreadful thing ever created?

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2017, 12:59 PM
I talk a lot of crap but aside from my time in Terre Haute, I've lived here with no intent to move.

- - - Updated - - -

Early bye weeks definitely are. It's too bad the conference can't just schedule a bye week about 5 weeks in for the entire conference to just take a week off or something...right around the middle of the season is good.

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Early bye weeks definitely are. It's too bad the conference can't just schedule a bye week about 5 weeks in for the entire conference to just take a week off or something...right around the middle of the season is good.

it sucks even more this year because we were home on 8/31 then away, away, off, away, home vs ndsu. each fan, student, player professor and employee of the school also has to be kicked squarely in the nuts 1 time over that 4.5 week period

Professor Chaos
September 20th, 2017, 02:48 PM
That *sounds* good but coming from the fan of a school that has a devil of a time filling 3 non-conference games each year having a conference schedule that gives you 4 weeks of flexibility early in the season is also nice.

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 04:02 PM
That *sounds* good but coming from the fan of a school that has a devil of a time filling 3 non-conference games each year having a conference schedule that gives you 4 weeks of flexibility early in the season is also nice.

we are less concerned with your scheduling xsmiley_wix

jacks33
September 20th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Illinois State
Coastal Carolina
Memphis

Redbird 4th & short
September 20th, 2017, 05:59 PM
it sucks even more this year because we were home on 8/31 then away, away, off, away, home vs ndsu. each fan, student, player professor and employee of the school also has to be kicked squarely in the nuts 1 time over that 4.5 week period

can't one up that, but ours isn't good either ... home (Butler), off, away, away, home, away, away, home (homecoming), away, home (family weekend).

We could be sitting 6-0 and our campus will have tuned out us out until Oct 21st homecoming game - which now figures to be much tougher game (USD). Strength of our schedule is last 5 games .... H-USD, A-YSU, H-WIU, A-SDSU, H-NDSU ... talk about a murderers row !! That could easily be 4 of 5 games against Top 10, with WIU not far behind.

Only good thing about or schedule is that it gives our new OL time to get ready for very difficult 2nd half of season, espcially those defenses for last 4 games. Otherwise, not a good schedule at all. We must go 6-0 to start .. cant give any away like the 3 we did last year, because those last 5 are going to be the grind of all MVFC grinds .. seriously, should be toughest 5 week stretch ever for ISU football.

Redbird 4th & short
September 20th, 2017, 06:05 PM
- - - Updated - - -

so did you bet the over or under on how long before our next Governor winds up in jail ???

Redbird 4th & short
September 20th, 2017, 06:16 PM
can't one up that, but ours isn't good either ... home (Butler), off, away, away, home, away, away, home (homecoming), away, home (family weekend).

We could be sitting 6-0 and our campus will have tuned out us out until Oct 21st homecoming game - which now figures to be much tougher game (USD). Strength of our schedule is last 5 games .... H-USD, A-YSU, H-WIU, A-SDSU, H-NDSU ... talk about a murderers row !! That could easily be 4 of 5 games against Top 10, with WIU not far behind.

Only good thing about or schedule is that it gives our new OL time to get ready for very difficult 2nd half of season, espcially those defenses for last 4 games. Otherwise, not a good schedule at all. We must go 6-0 to start .. cant give any away like the 3 we did last year, because those last 5 are going to be the grind of all MVFC grinds .. seriously, should be toughest 5 week stretch ever for ISU football.

so using the Massey Composite .. we'd be playing the #5, #4, #13, #3, and then #1 in 5 consecutive weeks.

X-Factor
September 20th, 2017, 06:20 PM
ISUr
WIU
NDSU
Memphis

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2017, 09:29 PM

Home?....what is this....home?

Redbird 4th & short
September 20th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Home?....what is this....home?

does team have red spikes ?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3hwhBNOgPCD-RQRD490GqlYt9LkKY0q9Dnh92TmEC3uj7-49A5w (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Ae2IU92Ell4%2FUeKa3Lyam7I%2FAAAAAAAAElM%2FIqCHoyN3 qNk%2Fs1600%2Fno-place-like-home.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beelieveyoucan.net%2F20 13%2F07%2Ftheres-no-place-like-home-becoming.html&docid=F0RXhcrfYEzrUM&tbnid=GWjxztxV2trvKM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjtjfn8pLXWAhUR24MKHeGZAfEQMwiEAShUMFQ. .i&w=462&h=359&client=safari&bih=816&biw=1199&q=dorothy%20no%20place%20like%20home%20meme&ved=0ahUKEwjtjfn8pLXWAhUR24MKHeGZAfEQMwiEAShUMFQ&iact=mrc&uact=8)

Lorne_Malvo
September 20th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Illinois State
Coastal Carolina
Memphis
North Dakota State

BisonTru
September 21st, 2017, 12:06 AM
Missouri St
Coastal
Robert Morris
Southern Ill

POD Knows
September 21st, 2017, 08:40 AM
Missouri St
Coastal
Robert Morris
Southern IllLOL, this is what I started to do last year when I was way behind in the contest, gotta pray for upset miracles, it is the only way to catch up, unfortunately, it never seems to happen, but I will give you an A for effort here. Bold move

Sycamore62
September 21st, 2017, 08:46 AM
so did you bet the over or under on how long before our next Governor winds up in jail ???

Ill take the over on this one. I doubt he is more or less corrupt than past governors but he started rich so he didnt get rich by being in politics. That makes me think he is the kind of rich that gets not guilty verdicts.

Sycamore62
September 21st, 2017, 08:51 AM
Ill be heading up to the ISU ISU game next saturday. I havent seen the stadium yet, I was there the year before they started construction. I happen to referee some of Normal U-High's games but they have all been on the road.

most of the time we have played you guys pretty close. aside from 1 of the last 4 times i think it has been a game late in the 4th qtr

djohnk
September 21st, 2017, 09:39 AM

ST_Lawson
September 21st, 2017, 09:51 AM
does team have red spikes ?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3hwhBNOgPCD-RQRD490GqlYt9LkKY0q9Dnh92TmEC3uj7-49A5w (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Ae2IU92Ell4%2FUeKa3Lyam7I%2FAAAAAAAAElM%2FIqCHoyN3 qNk%2Fs1600%2Fno-place-like-home.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beelieveyoucan.net%2F20 13%2F07%2Ftheres-no-place-like-home-becoming.html&docid=F0RXhcrfYEzrUM&tbnid=GWjxztxV2trvKM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjtjfn8pLXWAhUR24MKHeGZAfEQMwiEAShUMFQ. .i&w=462&h=359&client=safari&bih=816&biw=1199&q=dorothy%20no%20place%20like%20home%20meme&ved=0ahUKEwjtjfn8pLXWAhUR24MKHeGZAfEQMwiEAShUMFQ&iact=mrc&uact=8)

I have no clue...haven't seen them yet.

bizon87
September 21st, 2017, 02:51 PM
Illinois St
Western Illinois
Memphis
NDSU

neverobeyed
September 21st, 2017, 03:13 PM
Just hoping that UNI comes through the weekend unscathed.

But not betting on it.

skinny_uncle
September 21st, 2017, 11:52 PM
Missouri St
Coastal
Robert Morris
Southern Ill
xeyebrowx

The Pud
September 22nd, 2017, 06:00 AM
ISUr
WIU
NDSU
Memphis

ST_Lawson
September 22nd, 2017, 08:31 AM
xeyebrowx

#book....it?

SUPharmacist
September 22nd, 2017, 10:59 AM
Illinois State
Coastal Carolina
Memphis
North Dakota State

GodHelpTheBears
September 22nd, 2017, 04:25 PM
Missouri St
Coastal
Robert Morris
Southern Ill

Either your head hurt yesterday morning or it still hurts now

dewey
September 24th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I normally have the predictions done late Sunday night but I will update them and create the week 5 MVFC prediction thread Monday morning.

Dewey

GodHelpTheBears
September 24th, 2017, 10:05 PM
I normally have the predictions done late Sunday night but I will update them and create the week 5 MVFC prediction thread Monday morning.

Dewey

I wouldn't bother listing our game...I think we know who everyone will pick.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 10:06 PM

Hahahaha!

ST_Lawson
September 24th, 2017, 10:33 PM

https://i.imgur.com/1lpmaSO.png?1

GodHelpTheBears
September 24th, 2017, 10:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1lpmaSO.png?1

That pic-a-nic basket has never seemed so far out of reach

Thumper 76
September 24th, 2017, 11:23 PM

Welp, I think you don't have to worry much.

Much to the everlasting disappointment of the state they moved to xlolx

POD Knows
September 25th, 2017, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't bother listing our game...I think we know who everyone will pick.I think BisonTru will pick you guys, he has some catching up to do and the only way you can do that is pick yuge upsets, I tried that last year, it doesn't work.

ysubigred
September 25th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Welp, I think you don't have to worry much.

Much to the everlasting disappointment of the state they moved to xlolx

Thump you heading to Y-Town?

semobison
September 25th, 2017, 08:30 AM

But...but..this should be our toughest home game so far this year....seriously!

ST_Lawson
September 25th, 2017, 08:36 AM
But...but..this should be our toughest home game so far this year....seriously!

Well....you're not wrong, but I don't think that's a real high bar to clear at this point.

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2017, 11:10 AM
I have no clue...haven't seen them yet.

nice little road trip for your Bulldogs .... but ....

https://ratherrad.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hump-dar-21.jpg?w=580 (https://ratherrad.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hump-dar-21.jpg)

ST_Lawson
September 25th, 2017, 11:29 AM
nice little road trip for your Bulldogs .... but ....

https://ratherrad.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hump-dar-21.jpg?w=580 (https://ratherrad.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hump-dar-21.jpg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0siYUjV9UM

Thumper 76
September 25th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Thump you heading to Y-Town?

Unfortunately I'm not. Maybe the next time though!