PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 3 2016

superman7515
September 16th, 2017, 11:26 PM
Week 3 is in the books, although I'm still waiting for a recap of the Northern Iowa/Southern Utah game to be published and Weber State just finished playing, so there is no recap for them yet either, but that doesn't mean you can't get a jump on your homework (just keep an eye on the Weber game).

Speaking of homework, let's try making things a little easier on Ursus this week. For example: Which one of you jabroni's said, "Hey, Tennessee Tech hasn't won a game yet, but they looked really good in their double-digit loss to an unranked team playing just their second year of football last week, so let's give 'em a vote!"

http://i.imgur.com/teOSPXk.gif

And don't even get me started on those kids with the dart board in the Coaches Poll. Jacksonville State and Richmond are tied at #6... But someone gave Jackson State a #5 in the country vote.

https://media.giphy.com/media/aZ3LDBs1ExsE8/giphy.gif

And that's the kind of guy (or gal) you don't want to be. So do everyone a favor and proof-read your ballot before you send it in.

Shout out to Idaho State, they aren't in the poll but knocked off FBS Nevada 30-28. Not campaigning for any votes for them, just want to make sure they are on your radar since that game result wouldn't have shown up on the spreadsheet. Lots of people off this week, so have fun working out the Week 3 Rubik's Cube!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172opv6sTnNUCd8bTxr39wZTJz2II-ORrIkZfU4P1Qms/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Yeah, 2017 not 2016. I have no idea why, but I've been doing that for the last 3 weeks. No problem for 9 months, then the summer season ends and I lose all sense of time.

JSUSoutherner
September 16th, 2017, 11:33 PM
And don't even get me started on those kids with the dart board in the Coaches Poll. Jacksonville State and Richmond are tied at #6... But someone gave Jackson State a #5 in the country vote.
F***ing idiots.

WestCoastAggie
September 16th, 2017, 11:34 PM
A&T got its 3rd win in a row and beat an FBS team for the second consecutive year.

Our offense looked very good and the defense made key stops against a team that had a much deeper squad.

The Aggies should be creeping towards your prospective top 15.

dewey
September 16th, 2017, 11:42 PM
I will just encourage everyone to be careful with making sure you have South Dakota and South Dakota State listed where you want them and not get them switched around.

Dewey

WestCoastAggie
September 17th, 2017, 12:01 AM
I believe we were 21st. Our offense looked fantastic against Charlotte.

The Aggies should be realistically be somewhere from 12-20, IMHO. The Aggies played Charlotte short-handed on defense with their MEAC First-Team NT and DE out with leg injuries.

Despite that, we had 7 sacks, 10 TFL's and 3 TO's against a FBS squad, holding them to under 200 yards passing.

Personally, I'd rank us around 15.

Smitty
September 17th, 2017, 12:10 AM
Any takers on UTC as the most significant loss this week?

F'N Hawks
September 17th, 2017, 12:13 AM
Drop UND out. Let them win 4-5 in a row before thinking of inserting them again.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the word supey cuz I was gonna sort of go off a bit in the voter forum on this absolute lack of give a **** by a few guys in the voter group to even look at the emails they get sent back to them.

I know I spent well over 200 hours putting this all together back when I took AGS over. A decent amount of that time was spent figuring out how to send each and every voter a certification of who they voted for because I was asked by nearly EVERYONE to do so.

Some of you are damn good and actually respond to those emails when you see you've made a mistake. But it really pisses me off that a decent amount of you don't even give them one second of time to look over when they get back to you..."I'll look at it if you tell me to" is basically the word I have gotten from a few of you.

That is complete bull**** my friends. I am here to back you up and try to help you make your ballot as good as it can be...it ain't my god damn job to be the only guy checking your ballot. That is first and foremost your damn job.

DO YOUR JOB.

If I see a mistake, or I can assist you in any way I absolutely will do it A\SAP but I'm getting really fed up with the "I submitted, nothing to worry about now..." attitude. I don't know how I can spend any more time trying to do this fellers. You have got to chip in with your own ballots and the vetting of them once you vote.

Mistakes are gonna be made. Catching and correcting them is of primary importance and that is up to you....not me...you.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 12:23 AM
One other note. If you vote Sunday after about 5 or 6p and you don't get a ballot returned that is a normal occurence. We run out of quota each and every week and I have to go process them manually Monday moring. If you can't check it because you voted late and quota is gone then you damn well better be watching Monday morning for email.

Additionally, don't pm me, reply to the emails when we have problems and use the pm as a last resort thing if you would.xthumbsupx

supey, as always, what you do with this is just flat out indispensable and I can not say "thank you" enough for the effort.

centennial
September 17th, 2017, 12:24 AM
Drop UND out. Let them win 4-5 in a row before thinking of inserting them again.
So they stay unranked?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 12:26 AM

USD looks to be very good so far this season and although I disagree with you I can see why you are a bit pissed. UND is still a solid team with a hole or two more than expected but it's repairable I think.

Gangtackle11
September 17th, 2017, 05:09 AM

The Aggies should be realistically be somewhere from 12-20, IMHO. The Aggies played Charlotte short-handed on defense with their MEAC First-Team NT and DE out with leg injuries.

Despite that, we had 7 sacks, 10 TFL's and 3 TO's against a FBS squad, holding them to under 200 yards passing.

Looks like you have a nice team, but I have a real hard time voting for teams from conferences that don't send their Champion to participate in FCS playoffs. I get the reasoning why they don't and it's my personal view.

I have to admit I pay little attention (like none) to the Ivy League too in my poll voting. Sorry. xpeacex

WestCoastAggie
September 17th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Looks like you have a nice team, but I have a real hard time voting for teams from conferences that don't send their Champion to participate in FCS playoffs. I get the reasoning why they don't and it's my personal view.

I have to admit I pay little attention (like none) to the Ivy League too in my poll voting. Sorry. xpeacex

I would say pay attention to the teams, and not the conference as a whole.

I don't want to get into this here, but don't punish the kids, working hard all summer because of something they have no control over.

And last year, A&T limped into the Playoffs from the MEAC.

crusader11
September 17th, 2017, 07:18 AM
I encourage posters to consider Holy Cross.

Season-opening loss at UConn 27-20, a game we should have won.

Shutout Bucknell, 20-0.

Doubled up top ten New Hampshire, 51-26.

Should be in the top 25, if not the top 20.

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 07:51 AM
USD looks to be very good so far this season and although I disagree with you I can see why you are a bit pissed. UND is still a solid team with a hole or two more than expected but it's repairable I think.

UND looked on TV to be one of the lightest FCS football teams i've ever seen. They may want to incorporate a little more peanut butter and maybe some ground beef into the meal plans. They got pushed around imho.

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 07:52 AM

Shutout Bucknell, 20-0.

I ❤️being encouraged!

DirtyDukes
September 17th, 2017, 07:56 AM
I had Holy Cross at #20

Catatonic
September 17th, 2017, 08:01 AM
I will just encourage everyone to be careful with making sure you have South Dakota and South Dakota State listed where you want them and not get them switched around.

Dewey

Remind me again which one keeps winning all those FCS championships? I think their mascot is a Bison. I don't want to mark the wrong one on my ballot.

WestCoastAggie
September 17th, 2017, 08:25 AM

Shutout Bucknell, 20-0.

Agreed

KPSUL
September 17th, 2017, 08:30 AM
A&T got its 3rd win in a row and beat an FBS team for the second consecutive year.

Our offense looked very good and the defense made key stops against a team that had a much deeper squad.

The Aggies should be creeping towards your prospective top 15.

I was convinced last week.

Catatonic
September 17th, 2017, 08:31 AM
I had Holy Cross at #20
I had Howard in my last poll. Should have been as wise as you and ranked Holy Cross.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2017, 08:42 AM

I don't want to get into this here, but don't punish the kids, working hard all summer because of something they have no control over.

I have no problem voting for MEAC, SWAC or Ivy teams, but I definitely have a ceiling on them until they prove otherwise. All you can do is play your schedule, but your OOC schedule is a weak Big South team, sub D-I, and an FBS team that has lost to Eastern Michigan 2 years in a row. Congrats on the FBS win. Those are always nice, but I would expect the top 30+ teams in FCS to beat them.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2017, 08:46 AM

Way to go Aggies, knocked off FBS Charlotte however so bad they might be

KPSUL
September 17th, 2017, 08:52 AM

Shutout Bucknell, 20-0.

The other question is how far to drop UNH. I believe Holy Cross is going to be a real threat in the FCS this year, But the UNH Wildcats are simply a young team that was not legitimately top 10. Holy Cross clearly seems to be the top PL program, and they should be ranked this week.

Milktruck74
September 17th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Any takers on UTC as the most significant loss this week?

Them or UND. I picked the Chattanooga Loss, because it now means they have to run the table in the SoCon to get a playoff spot. I still think they are a solid 20-24 team, but they have no offense. I know VMI can't beat us next week, and we get Benefield and Warren back.....MAybe the Coaching staff can find something in the next two weeks to carry us into the heart of the conference, but I seriously doubt it. I said this team could go 9-2 or 2-9, and it looks like the later is correct. I picked them as the most significant because I think they will drop out of the top 25 for the first time in about 50 polls.....it was something like the 5th longest active streak in FCS.....I'm afraid people will have a hard time voting for an 0-3 team, it doesn't matter that those 3 losses are to #4 FCS, #11 FBS and a very solid (probably should be top 20) MArtin Squad.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Are we done with the love affair for Howard now? It went on two weeks longer than it should have.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2017, 08:59 AM
I have as many Patriot League teams in my top 25 this week as I do Big Sky teams.... xcoffeex

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 09:04 AM
I have as many Patriot League teams in my top 25 this week as I do Big Sky teams.... xcoffeexReally, how is that even possible. Can't wait to see your poll.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2017, 09:08 AM
I have as many Patriot League teams in my top 25 this week as I do Big Sky teams.... xcoffeex

OMG. Me too. That's weird.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Really, how is that even possible. Can't wait to see your poll.
http://www.troll.me/images/cheeky-michael-scott/thats-what-she-said-thumb.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Are we done with the love affair for Howard now? It went on two weeks longer than it should have.

This here.

The Pud
September 17th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Huge win for JMU! JMU has a very tough schedule!

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 09:36 AM
This weeks poll was much easier than last week, but I know I left off 2 teams that have every right to claim a top 25 spot, but after 18ish, it becomes a game of roulette between 9 teams for 7 spots IMO.

KPSUL
September 17th, 2017, 09:50 AM

Knowing you are a reasonable, seasoned AGS poster, that number can't be more than 2 for the PL.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Knowing you are a reasonable, seasoned AGS poster, that number can't be more than 2 for the PL.
You would be correct. xthumbsupx

KPSUL
September 17th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Huge win for JMU! JMU has a very tough schedule!

Man do I hope Sammy plays JMU in the playoffs again! JMU's last victim took #12 The Citadel to the wire yesterday.

superman7515
September 17th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Sagarin & Massey are updated as well as write-ups for the final two games in case you would like a little more context behind the scores.

Southern Bison
September 17th, 2017, 10:10 AM

The Aggies should be creeping towards your prospective top 15.I can't believe I missed this game on the schedule! I've been trying to see the Aggies in person since last year. :mad:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kalm
September 17th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Sagarin & Massey are updated as well as write-ups for the final two games in case you would like a little more context behind the scores.

1). Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but don't you also post a SOS? If so, when does it start?

2). What movie is that Steven Zahn gif from? It cracks me up every time.

DirtyDukes
September 17th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Man do I hope Sammy plays JMU in the playoffs again! JMU's last victim took #12 The Citadel to the wire yesterday.

Glass houses, The Terrible Pod - Soft Sam didn't even beat Prairie View by 2 TDs and Nicholls beat them by 31 while scoring the same amount of points...

Soft Houston 44 PV 31
PV 13 Nicholls 44

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Glass houses, The Terrible Pod - Soft Sam didn't even beat Prairie View by 2 TDs and Nicholls beat them by 31 while scoring the same amount of points...

Soft Houston 44 PV 31
PV 13 Nicholls 44

I think its interesting he is trying to bash JMU's SOS when Sammy's biggest opponent of he year is currently the 4-5th best team in the CAA.

DirtyDukes
September 17th, 2017, 11:12 AM
I think its interesting he is trying to bash JMU's SOS when Sammy's biggest opponent of he year is currently the 4-5th best team in the CAA.

And yet the Soft Houston fans are falling all over themselves trying to suck that tiny spatter dick...

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2017, 12:17 PM
This weeks poll was much easier than last week, but I know I left off 2 teams that have every right to claim a top 25 spot, but after 18ish, it becomes a game of roulette between 9 teams for 7 spots IMO.

My top 8 stayed the same with little shuffling. After that it was a hodge podge. Spots 20-25 are tough.

paward
September 17th, 2017, 01:05 PM
I guess so. It is like you know she is not good for you but I am going ahead and make this right. Damnit man POD you had to go open that wound.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 01:11 PM
UND looked on TV to be one of the lightest FCS football teams i've ever seen. They may want to incorporate a little more peanut butter and maybe some ground beef into the meal plans. They got pushed around imho.

Definitely wouldn't hurt. UND has real trouble with pasing teams but light on the lines could be a bad situation.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 01:13 PM
I guess so. It is like you know she is not good for you but I am going ahead and make this right. Damnit man POD you had to go open that wound.A clean, quick breakup is always better, no sense nursing something along when the magic simply isn't there.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Hey, somehow we are already out of quota and I assume it has to do with an email problem on the sheet last night. I will try to go send out the votes on the top of each hour until about 7p MOuntain then I will do it one last time before hitting the rack today.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Just sent a batch of emails.

Serpentor
September 17th, 2017, 02:07 PM
And yet the Soft Houston fans are falling all over themselves trying to suck that tiny spatter dick...

It's going to be so funny when Richmond demolishes your overranked team. In the meantime, don't fill up on all the cupcakes!

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2017, 02:16 PM
I just finished my poll. I need a shower.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 02:21 PM
I just finished my poll. I need a shower.

You needed one before you even started the poll.

KPSUL
September 17th, 2017, 02:23 PM

After this weekend, I'd say #3 and trending upward. I'd bet everything but the family jewels on UofR in a rematch with SHSU.

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2017, 02:23 PM
You needed one before you even started the poll.
I actually filled it out while I was in the shower. Got out and still felt dirty.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 02:46 PM
My top 8 stayed the same with little shuffling. After that it was a hodge podge. Spots 20-25 are tough.

I thought 18ish but yeah, I hear you on that. My top 4 was solid, but then it was just minor shuffling up until 18 with the lone exception being USeD. They jumped big time.

F'N Hawks
September 17th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Definitely wouldn't hurt. UND has real trouble with pasing teams but light on the lines could be a bad situation.

They are purposely light on the Dline to twist and stunt, etc. It helps at times and hurts at times. Very mobile, disruptive but can be moved if locked onto.

The Oline just needs to be better. Maybe get better players, IDK.

The Pud
September 17th, 2017, 03:37 PM

Soft Houston 44 PV 31
PV 13 Nicholls 44

Sad that JMU has the #easiest and #softest schedule.

#cupcake schedule
#sad

- - - Updated - - -

After this weekend, I'd say #3 and trending upward. I'd bet everything but the family jewels on UofR in a rematch with SHSU.

+7

xpeacex

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 03:50 PM
This ain't the thread for the SHSU/JMU pissing match fella's.

The Pod, DD, and whoever else you can roll on over to the smack board for the rest of that conversation but this one will be better if we keep it sort of focused on the poll topic...and the soft smack between you two guys is not relevant.

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 04:08 PM

Why not UNH vs Sammy?

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 04:18 PM

4-5th after what like 1 conference game each? Has Richmond even played a conference game yet? lolol. That's dumb. Next.

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 04:19 PM

How old are you?

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 04:20 PM

If they couldn't get ready in 8 months of offseason, what's one more week going to do? Keeler owns Huesman like a puppet.

Don't vent your HC frustration toward us please. I know it was a tough weekend for you guys.

You've now begged the Football Gods for JMU and UR to whoop up on the Kats. WTF can't your own team do it? Are you that guy that goes around the school paying people to defend you?

Daytripper
September 17th, 2017, 04:26 PM

You have a Big Sky team in your top 25? xdontknowx

milleniumkat
September 17th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Go Spiders!!

Redbird 4th & short
September 17th, 2017, 04:59 PM

Sagarin has Charlotte ranked #191 .. MoST is ranked #190, just ahead of #188 Duquense and #189 Monmouth. Massey has Charlotte ranked #166 in all of D-I. Got to keep this in proper perspective.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 05:18 PM
You have a Big Sky team in your top 25? xdontknowx

I think Weber St has done enough to warrant a Top 25 placement. Somewhere in that 18-25 placement, but yeah, they should be in there (maybe due to the lack of solid teams after 17/18).

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2017, 06:08 PM
how many slots does N Iowa move up this week?

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2017, 06:16 PM
I have them at 3 behind NDSU and Delaware.

Katfan
September 17th, 2017, 06:19 PM
That sounds about right but it was tough to not put them 2

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Wait UND gets shellacked by an FCS team and they're solid, the Griz get shellacked by the #6/7 FBS team and they're mediocre? Not looking for a fight here just curious as to the reasoning there.

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2017, 06:24 PM
That sounds about right but it was tough to not put them 2
It was a tough choice but I eventually decided a 800 point beatdown of MVSU was the edge UNI just didn't have yet.

UNI really should have tried to schedule Morehead State.

mvemjsunpx
September 17th, 2017, 06:29 PM
I think Weber St has done enough to warrant a Top 25 placement. Somewhere in that 18-25 placement, but yeah, they should be in there (maybe due to the lack of solid teams after 17/18).

You could probably fill the entire 18-25 range with Big Sky teams. xchinscratchx

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2017, 06:35 PM

I didn't have to move them up or down because they weren't in my poll.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Wait UND gets shellacked by an FCS team and they're solid, the Griz get shellacked by the #6/7 FBS team and they're mediocre? Not looking for a fight here just curious as to the reasoning there.

Neither are great, both are mediocre, or could be solid I guess but I watched us struggle with teams that have zero f'n business passing right down the hash marks to a TE or WR over and over and not adjusting to it....so what do you think a good team is gonna do to us with the Swiss cheese BS we have going on there?

That is where my feelings come from on mediocrity for us right now. Now if we can hide that with the front 4 and some pressure then good for us but I have been fairly uninspired so far and it has nothing at all to do with the UW game, hell, that might be our bright spot so far.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2017, 06:36 PM
It was a tough choice but I eventually decided a 800 point beatdown of MVSU was the edge UNI just didn't have yet.

UNI really should have tried to schedule Morehead State.

You could probably fill the entire 18-25 range with Big Sky teams. xchinscratchx

Pretty much. I only had two Sky teams in this week, but had a few I debated.

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Neither are great, both are mediocre, or could be solid I guess but I watched us struggle with teams that have zero f'n business passing right down the hash marks to a TE or WR over and over and not adjusting to it....so what do you think a good team is gonna do to us with the Swiss cheese BS we have going on there?

That is where my feelings come from on mediocrity for us right now. Now if we can hide that with the front 4 and some pressure then good for us but I have been fairly uninspired so far and it has nothing at all to do with the UW game, hell, that might be our bright spot so far.
Fair enough. Time will tell I suppose.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I didn't have to move them up or down because they weren't in my poll.

you ever been to Chile?

cx500d
September 17th, 2017, 06:41 PM
you ever been to Chile?

I have....Oh the pisco sour hangovers...

RootinFerDukes
September 17th, 2017, 07:02 PM

That blue hen D is legit. Just ask their posters.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Fair enough. Time will tell I suppose.

We have every opportunity (like everyone else) to get better each week and I hope we do of course. I've just not seen too much of that the last couple of years and hope that this is the one where it comes together and we do improve a little each week. Last year we actually regressed in the last part of the season...and that is just not good for the morale of anyone...including ursus.:)

fc97
September 17th, 2017, 07:39 PM
No wonder you have Pisco hangovers. Everyone knows Pisco is Peruvian and that swill is on chile

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2017, 07:40 PM
We have every opportunity (like everyone else) to get better each week and I hope we do of course. I've just not seen too much of that the last couple of years and hope that this is the one where it comes together and we do improve a little each week. Last year we actually regressed in the last part of the season...and that is just not good for the morale of anyone...including ursus.:)
Other than citdog apparently.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2017, 07:46 PM

Yes, he above all I know values himself via whether he sees himself or his team as a peer to one that he has envied as much as this one. It is odd to see when you look at how he is advantaged by the UM community and how he likes to bite the hand that feeds...but he's a dog, what did you expect.:D

kalm
September 17th, 2017, 07:51 PM

Wait! You mean teams can get better????

kalm
September 17th, 2017, 07:52 PM

This cracked me up and there's a certain degree of truth to it.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 07:55 PM

Was thinking Pioneer and maybe Georgia State, ECU and/or Charlotte?

Dane96
September 17th, 2017, 08:09 PM

Shutout Bucknell, 20-0.

They are in mine. I watched that UCONN game.

dewey
September 17th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Was thinking Pioneer and maybe Georgia State, ECU and/or Charlotte?

None of those teams would even be in the FCS top 25.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 09:38 PM

Dewey

Sarcasm not detected?

dewey
September 17th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Sarcasm not detected?

LOL! I should have caught the sarcasm on that one.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 10:13 PM
LOL! I should have caught the sarcasm on that one.

Dewey

It's all good, it happens to the best of us.

citdog
September 17th, 2017, 10:19 PM

Whatever Bro. You already nominated me to be the Coach. My sense of modesty forced me to decline.

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2017, 10:19 PM
It's all good, it happens to the best of us.

Who? :D

citdog
September 17th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Yes, he above all I know values himself via whether he sees himself or his team as a peer to one that he has envied as much as this one. It is odd to see when you look at how he is advantaged by the UM community and how he likes to bite the hand that feeds...but he's a dog, what did you expect.:D

I'd like to have some Chippers. Yep

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Whatever Bro. You already nominated me to be the Coach. My sense of modesty forced me to decline.
Never say never man.

citdog
September 17th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Never say never man.

Run the Option!

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2017, 10:37 PM

Man, took you awhile to catch on to them xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go...gate
September 17th, 2017, 10:45 PM

Shutout Bucknell, 20-0.

Yes. Top 20 without a doubt. Best team in our conference right now.

Go...gate
September 17th, 2017, 10:49 PM
A lot of responsibility to be an AGS voter.

You really have to honestly and consistently check out every conference, including the conferences that don't send teams to the playoffs.

superman7515
September 17th, 2017, 11:16 PM
1). Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but don't you also post a SOS? If so, when does it start?

2). What movie is that Steven Zahn gif from? It cracks me up every time.

1) SOS starts with Week 4

2) That's not Steve Zahn, that's Tom DeLonge of Blink 182 in their 2001 music video for First Date.
https://youtu.be/vVy9Lgpg1m8?t=113

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2017, 11:38 PM
Whelp, the MVFC has a monopoly on my Top 15. My 2nd, 3rd and 4th ranked teams are also from the MVFC.

I think North Carolina A&T might be the best HBCU team in some time. I never bought into Howard but I have faith in the Aggies.....

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Who? :D

Something you have yet to even dabble with. xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 06:36 AM
Man, took you awhile to catch on to them xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello TheKingpin28,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 9/4/2017 7:22:22

Your vote is listed below.

1: James Madison Dukes
2: North Dakota State Bison
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
4: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
5: Youngstown State Penguins
6: Eastern Washington Eagles
7: Sam Houston State Bearkats
8: Richmond Spiders
9: The Citadel Bulldogs
10: Villanova Wildcats
11: Wofford Terriers
12: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
13: Chattanooga Mocs
14: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
15: Illinois State Redbirds
16: New Hampshire Wildcats
17: Western Illinois Leathernecks
18: Central Arkansas Bears
19: Samford Bulldogs
20: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
21: South Dakota Coyotes
22: Northern Iowa Panthers
23: Weber State Wildcats
24: Nicholls State Colonels
25: Howard Bison

TheKingpin28

The Most Significant Win: Howard Bison
The Most Significant Loss: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Missouri Valley Football Conference

Hello TheKingpin28,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 9/10/2017 11:46:09

Your vote is listed below.

1: James Madison Dukes
2: North Dakota State Bison
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
4: Youngstown State Penguins
5: The Citadel Bulldogs
6: Villanova Wildcats
7: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
8: New Hampshire Wildcats
9: North Dakota Fighting Hawks
10: Sam Houston State Bearkats
11: Richmond Spiders
12: Wofford Terriers
13: Illinois State Redbirds
14: Western Illinois Leathernecks
15: Chattanooga Mocs
16: Central Arkansas Bears
17: South Dakota Coyotes
18: Eastern Washington Eagles
19: Samford Bulldogs
20: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
21: Weber State Wildcats
22: Nicholls State Colonels
23: Howard Bison
24: North Carolina A&T Aggies
25: Tennessee State Tigers

TheKingpin28

The Most Significant Win: New Hampshire Wildcats
The Most Significant Loss: Eastern Washington Eagles
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Missouri Valley Football Conference

As usual, you are wrong, but it is all good over here. I would post week 3, but I have to wait for that one until about noon. xdrunkyx

WileECoyote06
September 18th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Whelp, the MVFC has a monopoly on my Top 15. My 2nd, 3rd and 4th ranked teams are also from the MVFC.

I think North Carolina A&T might be the best HBCU team in some time. I never bought into Howard but I have faith in the Aggies.....

They haven't beaten us since 2013. If they wanna be outright champs, they gotta go through us first.

BEAR
September 18th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Well I'm pretty impressed with my Bears this week. Something changed from last year. They are using the forward pass in games now. xlolx QB hitting ove 75% of his passes UP the field. That helps. Freshman RBs stepping up BIG TIME. SLU was struggling without a QB and I hope the kid heals. Too much talent on that team to hinge on one guy but his backups didn't fare so well as UCA dominated from whistle to whistle. This coming week is a bye week. Then SHSU in Conway. Big game for sure. For us anyway.

milleniumkat
September 18th, 2017, 07:59 AM

Dewey

This!!

milleniumkat
September 18th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Well I'm pretty impressed with my Bears this week. Something changed from last year. They are using the forward pass in games now. xlolx QB hitting ove 75% of his passes UP the field. That helps. Freshman RBs stepping up BIG TIME. SLU was struggling without a QB and I hope the kid heals. Too much talent on that team to hinge on one guy but his backups didn't fare so well as UCA dominated from whistle to whistle. This coming week is a bye week. Then SHSU in Conway. Big game for sure. For us anyway.

looking forward to Conway when it's warm.

Gangtackle11
September 18th, 2017, 08:45 AM

Solid point. Will take under consideration.

bobcathpdevil56
September 18th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Wow, I feel like I was poll molested this morning. Yucky feeling and now I have to work with this MVFC poll all over me, all day.xbawlingx

kalm
September 18th, 2017, 09:20 AM

It's not punishment, it's an attempt at objective analysis.

To NCA&T and Howard's credit, they scheduled solid OOC but you shouldn't punish teams from better conferences who schedule equally tough OOC and will then face a much more rigourous conference slate.

centennial
September 18th, 2017, 11:52 AM
MVFC is about as good as the MAC, CUSA. Better than the Sun Belt. Teams 1-4 could win other leagues, 5-8 could win bad or low end leagues. Only Missouri State is a truly bad team.

WestCoastAggie
September 18th, 2017, 12:04 PM
They haven't beaten us since 2013. If they wanna be outright champs, they gotta go through us first.

xcoffeex