PDA

View Full Version : 2017-09-16 AGS GOTW Week 3

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2017, 01:34 PM
We had 80 votes last week. As such, this will continue for another week. If we keep the vote count up I will keep these going.

I am also taking the suggestion of just curating this in house (me) and then immediately putting up a poll without nominations.

I am also incorporating the suggestion of adding in a few more teams. I will try to run at least 4 and sometimes 5 games going forward.

I can see if you look at the thread, I can see if you don't vote. Do not be the lazy ass that can't tick a button and cast a vote. Trust me, your job and what I am asking of you is much easier than what am I doing in the process.

Bisonator
September 11th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Way to make an executive decision big bear! This is why you're in charge.......

I think.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Way to make an executive decision big bear! This is why you're in charge.......

I think.xlolx

And initially screw up the title again! Ah well, all decisions are not correct...at first.

TheRevSFA
September 11th, 2017, 01:54 PM
I would argue that PVAM vs Nicholls will be a good one..but probably not winning GOTW.

crusader11
September 11th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Surprised that Holy Cross vs. New Hampshire didn't wind up getting included in this poll -- should be a good one.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2017, 02:04 PM
I would argue that PVAM vs Nicholls will be a good one..but probably not winning GOTW.

They were in the running. These were the ones that just fell out of the top 5 for me. I don't only look at the "best" as far as what is the top of the polls. I look at what is most interesting to me as an FCS fan around the country and the level these teams might be able to compete at by years end, up and comers vs. some establishment, or just things that could be interesting outcomes.

Elon Phoenix - Charleston Southern Buccaneers

Towson Tigers - Saint Francis Red Flash

Prairie View A&M Panthers - Nicholls State Colonels

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Surprised that Holy Cross vs. New Hampshire didn't wind up getting included in this poll -- should be a good one.

I looked at it very seriously and I agree with you it was tempting to put it in but I started thinking which one would I pull off to put that one in since I already had 8 I wos working with.

JSUSoutherner
September 11th, 2017, 02:08 PM
USD UND should be a lock. Should learn a lot about both teams this week.

ST_Lawson
September 11th, 2017, 02:33 PM
USD UND should be a lock. Should learn a lot about both teams this week.

That's my thought as well. Specifically with regards to this year's teams...how they do against each other...specifically how the UND defense does at stopping USD's Streveler-based offense.
But also, you've got a matchup of historical rivals...they're not in the same conference currently, but for large portions of their history, they were. According to CFBInfo, they've played 88 times so far, with UND leading the all-time series 55-28-5.
And adding to that, UND will be joining the MVFC in a couple of years, so they will once again be conference rivals.

With WIU not playing this weekend, I'll be keeping a VERY close eye on this game.

BEAR
September 11th, 2017, 02:39 PM
<----------- Homer vote. xlolx

Dang 14 votes for ND v. SD..xlolx Landslide

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-de1W61_gR_I/T5HHdRYoI5I/AAAAAAAAGXU/li4eFrww9JQ/s1600/landslide.jpg

Katfan
September 11th, 2017, 02:44 PM
I looked at it very seriously and I agree with you it was tempting to put it in but I started thinking which one would I pull off to put that one in since I already had 8 I wos working with.
You do a great job with this. The top game usually gets an overwhelming amount of the vote. Thanks

F'N Hawks
September 11th, 2017, 02:45 PM
That's my thought as well. Specifically with regards to this year's teams...how they do against each other...specifically how the UND defense does at stopping USD's Streveler-based offense.
But also, you've got a matchup of historical rivals...they're not in the same conference currently, but for large portions of their history, they were. According to CFBInfo, they've played 88 times so far, with UND leading the all-time series 55-28-5.
And adding to that, UND will be joining the MVFC in a couple of years, so they will once again be conference rivals.

With WIU not playing this weekend, I'll be keeping a VERY close eye on this game.

EDIT: UND media guide has 61-29-5.

This is going to be a hell of a game.

Thumper 76
September 11th, 2017, 02:47 PM
UND media guide has 60-29-5.

Funny how the USeD media guide always contradicts the record in their rivals media guide, to make their record better xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2017, 02:52 PM
You do a great job with this. The top game usually gets an overwhelming amount of the vote. Thanks

Thanks man, appreciate the word up.

ST_Lawson
September 11th, 2017, 02:55 PM
UND media guide has 60-29-5.

61-29-5 actually, per page 187 (digital page 189) of the UND media guide: http://www.undsports.com/fls/13500/pdf/2017-18/2017_UND_football_mediaguide.pdf?&SPSID=58560&SPID=6387&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500

and....

61-29-5 per page 57 on the USD media guide: https://issuu.com/sdcoyotes/docs/2017_fbmediasupplement

So, we have a consensus, and there are a few numbers off on the CFBInfo numbers (which is why I cited my source). Both USD and UND agree that this will either be the 62nd win for the North or the 30th win for the South.

No matter how you count it, it's a huge game between two teams that are looking really good right about now.

Milktruck74
September 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
I would have gone NS v SD, but I think I'm much more interested in my Mocs and I think it will be a very telling game as to how they finish the season....could easily go 9-2 or 2-9.....the jury is out.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2017, 02:57 PM
<----------- Homer vote. xlolx

Dang 14 votes for ND v. SD..xlolx Landslide

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-de1W61_gR_I/T5HHdRYoI5I/AAAAAAAAGXU/li4eFrww9JQ/s1600/landslide.jpg

It is a homer vote but it is a worthy one I sort of thought that gaem wopuld be an easy 2nd place finisher...and may still. I know i want to see this one.

F'N Hawks
September 11th, 2017, 03:13 PM
61-29-5 actually, per page 187 (digital page 189) of the UND media guide: http://www.undsports.com/fls/13500/pdf/2017-18/2017_UND_football_mediaguide.pdf?&SPSID=58560&SPID=6387&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500

and....

61-29-5 per page 57 on the USD media guide: https://issuu.com/sdcoyotes/docs/2017_fbmediasupplement

So, we have a consensus, and there are a few numbers off on the CFBInfo numbers (which is why I cited my source). Both USD and UND agree that this will either be the 62nd win for the North or the 30th win for the South.

No matter how you count it, it's a huge game between two teams that are looking really good right about now.

****, you're right. I pulled the 2016 media guide. xbangx

Yotes21
September 11th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Funny how the USeD media guide always contradicts the record in their rivals media guide, to make their record better xcoffeex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh, ok

Mayville Bison
September 11th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Like the change. I usually 2nd some game that I think is going to be the GOTW, so skipping that step is good in my book. Thanks for adding a few other games as well instead of just top two.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Better get the votes in and keep this one on target.

BEAR
September 12th, 2017, 03:09 PM
I wonder who will win???!!! xeyebrowx xlolx

https://media.giphy.com/media/nKvIfUPaqyD5u/giphy.gif

TheValleyRaider
September 12th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Voted for the Dakotas. Rivalries are fun, and the other games feel like the kind of contests that will look more important later in the season when trying to compare resumes. More a question of what teams do afterward.

JALMOND
September 13th, 2017, 11:47 AM
I went with UNI/SUU. After letting Cal Poly send what was a sure win in to overtime, UNI has to head out to Whoville, where it is difficult to get a road win. That is the one I'm interested in. I think the T-Birds will give the Panthers fits.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2017, 12:55 PM
I went with UNI/SUU. After letting Cal Poly send what was a sure win in to overtime, UNI has to head out to Whoville, where it is difficult to get a road win. That is the one I'm interested in. I think the T-Birds will give the Panthers fits.

That is the one I am most interested or at least as interested in as I am the UND/USD one. I don't know if the SUU clan can give the UNI lines fits but I want to see if they can or not. It won't be like the last time UNI went there I don't think and the Tbirds have upped their home atmosphere a bit as well so wondering about this one for sure.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 13th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Towson-Saint Francis

JSUSoutherner
September 13th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Bump.

Not because it's a close race or anything. Just to beat last weeks voter count. Just need 3 more.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Nice work, it's at 78 right now. Would be nice to see these start getting back over the century mark.

Milktruck74
September 13th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Ursus- its not your first go at this, you are a fan's fan....very informed. If you pick 5 games for the poll and skip the formality, I'm good with it. You may miss a game or two during the season, but I won't complain....unless you miss my Mocs!!! HA. Besides, it'll give people something to bitch about...errrrr debate!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Ursus- its not your first go at this, you are a fan's fan....very informed. If you pick 5 games for the poll and skip the formality, I'm good with it. You may miss a game or two during the season, but I won't complain....unless you miss my Mocs!!! HA. Besides, it'll give people something to bitch about...errrrr debate!!!!

Yea, always need some controversy.:D