PDA

View Full Version : Central Conn. St. @ YSU

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2017, 09:26 AM
The Guins get another breather before starting the MVFC grind by hosting Central Conn. St. Backup QB Mays will probably start as Wells has a sprained AC joint. While Mays has limited abilities, he should be enough to beat CCSU.

Small butts in seat crowd for YSUs opener as beer sales didn't jump start attendance. But maybe some can get a good buzz on as they watch another beating on a limited scholly team.

KPSUL
September 11th, 2017, 09:37 AM
You really had to start this thread on Monday?

RedFlash
September 11th, 2017, 09:42 AM
You really had to start this thread on Monday?

Well it is a big game for them. They can go to 2-0 in the NEC and take a 1/2 game lead over StFU.

KPSUL
September 11th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Well it is a big game for them. They can go to 2-0 in the NEC and take a 1/2 game lead over StFU.

I think how much beer they will sell at YSU is the only thing in question.

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2017, 10:40 AM
That point is in doubt as YSU has a large geriatric crowd. Students and the blue collar crowd will be tipping them back. Heaviest drinking is in the tailgate lots..... Bring your own

GodHelpTheBears
September 11th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Now I'm tempted to start a Murray State-Missouri State thread, to see which gets more substantive discussion.

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Given NDSU's OOC schedule this year this is kind of throwing stones from a glass house but it would be nice to see YSU challenge themselves with an FCS oppoenent in the non-conference.... maybe just once.... it could really pay dividends come Selection Sunday if they end up on the bubble.

UNHWildcat18
September 11th, 2017, 10:56 AM
48-17 YSU

Paladin1aa
September 11th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Many at YSU tire of the cupcake schedule. It's a reason given for declining butts in seats attendance.But the moron AD insists he has to keep the big money boys up in the luxury boxes happy with 6 home games every year. Since good programs insist on home and home, it limits them to paying teams of lesser abilities to come in and play. He promotes the wishes of the few over the desires of the many.

Penguin Nation
September 12th, 2017, 04:56 AM
If you drink enough beer, CCSU may start to look like a legit opponent. It's like me challenging my dog to a game of chess. USD just beat a MAC team and YSU sabotages itself with a garbage OOC schedule year after year. The selection committee is not fooled, and weaknesses are not exposed prior to MVFC play. Playing well below your level creates only the illusion of depth. The annual NEC tournament is a schedule only a moRon could create.

Paladin1aa
September 12th, 2017, 08:54 AM
They will look semi-good against CCSU. But the drinking starts in earnest come the MVFC. If Wells injury is serious and has him missing league games, this is my scenario for the 6-5 season.YSU has no depth at QB.

moRon has a kid promotion game this week with CCSU, trying to fill seats. Alcohol didn't work. Free seats for kids ? Doubt that works either.

Embarrassing

YSU FAN#34
September 12th, 2017, 10:26 AM
They will look semi-good against CCSU. But the drinking starts in earnest come the MVFC. If Wells injury is serious and has him missing league games, this is my scenario for the 6-5 season.YSU has no depth at QB.

moRon has a kid promotion game this week with CCSU, trying to fill seats. Alcohol didn't work. Free seats for kids ? Doubt that works either.

Embarrassing

C'mon man...the kid promo is an annual event and has been so for years. Has nothing to do whatsoever with the beer sales.

ValleyTalk
September 12th, 2017, 07:20 PM
The kids days are annual events and have been going on for well over a decade. I find the beer argument rather interesting as you are basing the success or lack of success of that new offering after just one game?

If we want to talk attendance, let's have that discussion after SDSU and NDSU. Those have the makings to be top 5, or at the very least top 10, heavyweight fights at home. If the fans don't show for that that, then shame on this community. If they don't show for CCSU, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Paladin1aa
September 12th, 2017, 08:05 PM
YSU started beer sales for 2 reasons -- additional income and an enticement to get people to attend. I don't know how many drunks soaked up the booze but butts in seats was small again. I don't see any pronounced effects for the season, SDS or NDS. There is already plenty of shame in the community. You can thank the AD and coach for that. People have voted with their feet, thank you very much.

The Yo Show
September 12th, 2017, 08:36 PM
The kids days are annual events and have been going on for well over a decade. I find the beer argument rather interesting as you are basing the success or lack of success of that new offering after just one game?

If we want to talk attendance, let's have that discussion after SDSU and NDSU. Those have the makings to be top 5, or at the very least top 10, heavyweight fights at home. If the fans don't show for that that, then shame on this community. If they don't show for CCSU, I won't lose any sleep over it.

So because of my work schedule being 12 hour swing shifts and on weekends, I will miss alot of games this year. I work this weekend on nights (I worked last weekend on days). So I wasn't able to attend this game or last game. I was at the Pitt game. From my schedule, I can only be at two YSU home games this year. LUCKILY, they are the SDSU game and the NDSU game xlolx. I will definitely be there for those games.

A note on scheduling, I have said this many times, Paladin and Nation, I completely agree with you on scheduling. There has to be a MAC school we could schedule as a second FBS money game. It would be a game that will win recruits plus have the added benefit of increasing strength of schedule vs two cupcake alternative. But baring that, I would be happy with Strong FCS OOC game, FBS money game, 1 cupcake. Almost as appealing would be: FBS P5 money game, FBS MAC money game, cupcake, OR even FBS MAC money game, FBS MAC money game, cupcake. My personal favorite out of all three options would probably be FBS P5 money game, FBS MAC money game, cupcake but I like all the options.

Another note on MAC scheduling. I live and work in Akron and I learned last week from my coworker about some big Akron donors. The donors have made clear that Akron is NOT allowed to schedule YSU and have threatened the administration with losing donor money. Only way donors would let YSU get scheduled is if we were either MAC or they were to "drop down" (as they would call it and also they have made clear they hate this idea too) to FCS. I think if YSU were to be scheduling a MAC school, its going to have to be Toledo, Buffalo, maybe Bowling Green? Akron will not play us (despite how I wish they would. I live like 10 minutes from Akron's stadium and it would be great bragging rights at work). Kent would likely have similar reservations with playing us, but I have not heard specifically that they would be forbidden like I have with Akron. I can't help but look at this situation and wish there was some way we could get Akron to play YSU... xconfusedx. I want that game REALLY bad.

Paladin1aa
September 12th, 2017, 09:21 PM
I hear you, Yo. The fact is , YSU OWNED Akron and their big money boosters should be embarrassed. And I attended many games AT Kent where the crowd was 75% YSU fans and that game was their biggest (and only big) gate of the year.

Scheduling is just another incompetent sin of the YSU AD, among the many, many embarrassments.

I understand CCSU will also have 4 players suspended too. Limited schollies and discipline problems. It will get ugly.

UNHWildcat18
September 13th, 2017, 01:13 AM
I hear you, Yo. The fact is , YSU OWNED Akron and their big money boosters should be embarrassed. And I attended many games AT Kent where the crowd was 75% YSU fans and that game was their biggest (and only big) gate of the year.

Scheduling is just another incompetent sin of the YSU AD, among the many, many embarrassments.

I understand CCSU will also have 4 players suspended too. Limited schollies and discipline problems. It will get ugly.

CCSU has been struggling for almost a decade.

aceinthehole
September 13th, 2017, 06:41 AM
CCSU has been struggling for almost a decade.

CCSU has been struggling since 2011. We haven't had a winning season and the current coaching regime is just not getting it done. I expect major changes after the season. We have a new President that started this summer. Our AD just left a few weeks ago, and Coach Ross is in the last year of his contract. We will see, but the program has potential if we have the right people in place.

From 2004-2010, Central won 4 NEC Championships and at the time was the cream of the crop in the league alongside Albany and Monmouth. Some very good non-conference wins during that period when we had even less scholarships than we have now.

Don't expect much this week vs. YSU. We are likely cashing a check and coming home with a big loss. It is too bad, just a few years ago we would have been more competitive in these types of games :(

Paladin1aa
September 13th, 2017, 10:38 AM
CCSU's suspended players include 2WRs and 2 LBs. They get hit on both sides of the ball.

I look for a 42-7 type game, YSU. And it may be worse.

ytownchief22
September 13th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Paladin could start at QB saturday and YSU would win. Guins roll. Hunter will be back for conference play where things get interesting.

Paladin1aa
September 13th, 2017, 11:30 AM
LOL ! I was a lineman. Not sure that would work, Ytown . Also not sure when Wells will be back. And he hates to get hit , so he may be shakey and gun shy if and when he gets back. CCSU won't present much competition, but the MVFC sure will.

This will be their second win . I look for 7-4 at best and more probably 6-5 as injuries show up, such as this. They won't miss him in this game but will in any league game.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 13th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Another embarrassing defeat for the NEC.

:(

aceinthehole
September 13th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Another embarrassing defeat for the NEC.

:(

IF SFU can beat Towson, no one will be talking about another CCSU loss. xcoolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2017, 08:45 PM
YSU by a ton.

49-6

Paladin1aa
September 13th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Well, the team rapist is now suing to play, seeking an injunction that would permit him into the CCSU game. If info in the suit is accurate, Bo has MAJOR dirty hands? This will cause a major uproar in the community.

cx500d
September 13th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Well, the team rapist is now suing to play, seeking an injunction that would permit him into the CCSU game. If info in the suit is accurate, Bo has MAJOR dirty hands? This will cause a major uproar in the community.

Do tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

citdog
September 13th, 2017, 10:14 PM
What's the over under on how many more days Pelini and Tressel keep thier jobs? This is Baylor like.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 13th, 2017, 11:35 PM
IF SFU can beat Towson, no one will be talking about another CCSU loss. xcoolx

As always, SFU will carry the banner for this conference.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2017, 01:22 AM

Correct. Good assessment

RedFlash
September 14th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Interesting development in this YSU saga. From reading the Complaint (available here (https://lintvwkbn.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/richmond-filing.pdf)) it sure looks like Bo was fully invested in getting this kid to play.

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2017, 11:26 AM
The kid quit the program. Walked away. Pelini got in his car and drove to Steubenville to get him to come back.

Pelini is a scumbag, win at all costs coach. This matter could have been closed . Look at the mess now.

UNIFanSince1983
September 14th, 2017, 11:32 AM
What's the over under on how many more days Pelini and Tressel keep thier jobs? This is Baylor like.

Uh Baylor like is a little bit of an overstatement there. Baylor was actively covering up rapes that happened on campus.

This kid didn't have his covered up. He served his time, and it happened many years before he was on campus. Let's not compare the two because the Baylor situation is almost as bad as it can get.

Paladin1aa
September 16th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Now 59-6, YSU, early 4th qtr. the rapist is playing.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 16th, 2017, 03:49 PM
CCSU is helping the NEC's reputation.

Bisonwinagn
September 16th, 2017, 03:54 PM
The kid quit the program. Walked away. Pelini got in his car and drove to Steubenville to get him to come back.

Pelini is a scumbag, win at all costs coach. This matter could have been closed . Look at the mess now.

How many hours have you spent personally with the kid? How well do you know him? People make mistakes and do stupid things it doesn't mean they should be immediately executed like you want. Heck let's burn down all the jails with everyone in them to make you feel better. The point is you have no ****ing clue if the kid has changed his life around or not and no right to judge him. Who the hell made you or anyone else on this board GOD???

SoupCity85
September 16th, 2017, 04:42 PM

You're a true douche bag just like the two "supposed" YSU fans who do nothing but bitch and complain and bad mouth YSU. THIS IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO BAYLOR LIKE!!! SMFH!!!

ValleyTalk
September 16th, 2017, 04:42 PM
No protests seen before game. No booing when he came in and got a tackle. Keep living in your alternate universe in Trumbull County. The doom and gloom scenario you and your sidekick continue to spew is not panning out. That's too bad.

SoupCity85
September 16th, 2017, 04:43 PM
How many hours have you spent personally with the kid? How well do you know him? People make mistakes and do stupid things it doesn't mean they should be immediately executed like you want. Heck let's burn down all the jails with everyone in them to make you feel better. The point is you have no ****ing clue if the kid has changed his life around or not and no right to judge him. Who the hell made you or anyone else on this board GOD???

Here, let me answer that for you. 1. NONE. 2. He's never met him. He's a know-it-all who doesn't know ****!!!

skinny_uncle
September 16th, 2017, 05:26 PM
That was a thumping.

Penguin Nation
September 16th, 2017, 06:05 PM

You think ppl should meet and have a sit-down with a gang-rapist before deciding if it's suitable to have a convicted (and internationally infamous) sexual predator representing their University? Maybe the jury had it all wrong, and it's really just a misunderstanding? The extensive video evidence and social media posts (and the stunning non-contrite letter from his attorney in 2015) should just be disregarded? Maybe just a few years after a gang rape, he's an upstanding guy?

Many (prolly most) rape victims say rape is worse than murder. OJ "served his time." Should he be the RB coach?